[Sentinel] Snooze and Mitz

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Sentinel] Snooze and Mitz

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Snooze is lonely. Even after he and Tim mend things between them, the fact remains that he and Bart are still in the middle of establishing their bond and rarely spend any time apart; Damian and Colin are at the same stage; and truth be told, Bruce and Jason are basically on their honeymoon, constantly in their own world that consists only of each other. He spends a lot of time with Alfred, studying and hanging out in the kitchen, but more often than not, he finds himself wandering alone in the middle of the day.

He's out in the gardens when he hears a car pull up out the front. Two male voices rise and fall in teasing tones, laughing and tumbling over each other. Snooze lazes on a marble bench in the sunlight as he tracks three pairs of footsteps advancing up the path to the front door, and Alfred moving through the house to answer the bell.

The voices aren't familiar. But Alfred greets them with, "Master Dick! This is a wonderful surprise, come in!" and Snooze tenses. Looks like he'll finally get to meet the golden son.

The cacophony of voices as Tim and Bruce descend on the front room makes Snooze wince and tune out, and he abruptly goes deaf. He swears quietly. He's too nervous to head up to the house right now. He wants Dick to have a good first impression of him. Meeting him while he's practically deaf is not the best plan.

Snooze scowls hard at the water feature as he works on dialling his hearing back up to a manageable level.

nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Snooze and Mitz

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 am

Everyone is so happy to see Jerel's boyfriend. Every last one of them. Mitz has never felt anything so overwhelming in his life. Every new person that come up to hug him or shake his hand or nod at him, no matter what they're actually /saying/ to his face - they're all so happy.

Mitz feels like he's going to burst. It should be pleasant. It isn't. It's weird and too much and oddly sore in a soft way and he doesn't know what to do with himself. He stays close to Jerel, just behind him. Mitz'll be introduced in a second and he has got to be able to face whoever he's introduced to first (probably the head of the house, and isn't that bloody frightening, of course Jerel bonded into the Wayne family, of course he did) without laughing or crying or doing something stupid.

He knows how to process all this. He's studied really hard at being able to handle other people. He should be able to do this. He works on frowning to even things out. He concentrates on how he's feeling, which is always hard for him. He wishes he wasn't here.

That clears his mind a little.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 am

The first thing that comes back to Snooze as he, painfully, notches his hearing up bit by bit, is the sound of a panicked heartbeat. Someone nearby is close to a full-blown panic attack, their heart rabbiting in their chest. His own chest aches in sympathy and, a little dizzy, he sits up on his bench and looks towards the house.

Maybe he should head up there. Or maybe he should be stubborn and self-pitying and wait to see if anyone comes to find him.

He pushes his hearing just a bit further, trying to decode the babble of excited voices. The fast heartbeat just won't leave his hears, no matter how much he tries to tune it out, push it into the background, and he centres on it, trying to work out who it is.

Suddenly he gets a solid whiff of shampoo and soap and books and nervous sweat. The sound of the heartbeat fades--everything fades. He zones out there in the garden.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am

"Someone's zoning," Mitz says quietly, knowing that white-space hole in his awareness, split-seconds before Tim and Alfred look up to stare blankly in Snooze's general direction. Tim's - oddly reluctant to go but he starts moving, giving Bart's hand a gentle squeeze while him and Alfred make their way down to the gardens.

"I should - can I help?" Mitz asks absolutely no-one, since they're all either focussed on what's happening or sympathy patting their Sentinels or touching their guides. Mitz chest hurts. He quickly gets rid of the feeling in case someone picks up on it.

(It should be pointed out that Tim's only reluctant because of territory issues. But he promised Snooze.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 am

Snooze is still as a statue next to the garden bench, standing perfectly frozen between one moment and the next. Alfred and Tim might be able to get him to sit down by pressing on his reflex points, but they won't be able to bring him out of the zone. He's gone deeper than they can reach--deeper than anyone but his own Guide can reach.

Alfred sighs. "This was always going to happen one day," he says to Tim. "Time will bring him out of it. Master Bruce had this happen to him several times while he was growing up--and after that. A few hours, a few days, and he'll come back." He hates seeing this happen to any of the children. It scared him witless the first time it happened to Bruce. He'd thought Bruce would never come out of it, but the body has its own ways of waking the Sentinel up if the Guide isn't around--it just takes a long while.

(Aw, Tim. Not a promise Snooze expected him to keep.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am

Mitz slips away from Jerel, making an apologetic face. But he can't handle it. Everyone's gone from ridiculously happy to incredibly worried in a snap, so quick it made Mitz's stomach turn, and there's this white-hot nothing in the middle and Mitz has got to see if he can do something.

He doesn't even know what he can do. He finds Tim and Alfred well enough - he assumes that the white-hot space is the boy in front of them. Mitz doesn't know what to do. They're talking all hushed and almost scared and definitely sad and Mitz isn't sure if butting in would get him kicked out or not. What if it gets Jerel kicked out?

Tim turns to look at Mitz. "You're Dick's boyfriend's brother. Can we help you?"

"I - no. Um. That kid, I mean, I'd like to help if I can. I'm, I mean supposedly, I'm a Guide and I know you are and I'm saying that you can't handle it but I could try to help if I can, because I'm here. Wow. Uh, sorry, no, I'll go, I just -" he looks at the kid again and his face involuntarily scrunches up in sympathy and a kind of pain. He doesn't move from where he's standing.

(sigh, Snooze)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 am

There's a voice somewhere distant in Snooze's mind, and he--rises towards it, there's no other way to explain it. He was somewhere locked deep in his mind in a haze of the smell from before, and it's like he's at the bottom of an ocean. The voice is a pool of sunlight on the surface, and Snooze is struggling up towards it.

Alfred turns to look at Snooze, surprised. "He's coming out of it."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:29 am

Mitz doesn't even know what he's doing, but he steps forward and kneels in front of the kid. He wants to put a hand on his knee or something, something reassuring. But he doesn't. He doesn't want to push any boundries. ...any more than he's already pushing. "Uh. What's his name?"

Tim stares. "He's --- Snooze. He likes to be called Snooze." Tim is stunned.

Mitz nods, not taking his eyes off Snooze. He has no idea what it's like to zone, it's always so blank and frightening to him. He doesn't know how this kid must be feeling and that's scary enough. He wouldn't wish it on anyone, but he really wouldn't want it for this kid. Snooze. He seems nice.

He's basing that on nothing, he knows.

"Snooze, um," Mitz pauses, wondering what he should even say. "I'm Mitz. That's not my first name, but I like it better. Like you prefer Snooze, I think. Hopefully. Unless I make no sense right now. Yeah."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am

The voice is stronger now, louder and calmer and more of an anchor. Snooze latches onto it and drags himself out of the zone. None of his upper brain functions are online--no reasoning, no logic, no conscious thought. He's all instinct and emotions as his senses dial back up from the negatives.

He tackles the Guide in front of him to the ground as he gets back the ability to move, and growls at the people standing around. They need to get away, right now; they need to /leave/. This is his Guide and they are way too close, too far over the line of where Snooze is comfortable having people be near him and his Guide. They could take his Guide away from him, and the thought terrifies Snooze on a primal level. He growls again, and then presses his forehead to the Guide's. His Guide's.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Tim steps back, opens his mouth and closes it again. He turns on his heel and walks off, hands in the air. "He's definitely a Wayne," is all he says and makes his way to go find Bruce and tell him.

Mitz's breath catches in his throat at the growling. He should be scared. He's not. It feels kind of nice, actually, even if this is a stranger on top of him and - oh, pressing his forehead to his, that's nice, Mitz feels so warm and safe and everything's okay now, he's safe with his Sentinel and everything's...

Ah.

He carefully pats Snooze's back. He doesn't know what to say again. Not like that is particularly new, though, so Mitz powers through. "...hi. We, uh," Mitz says, then pauses. He tries to clear his throat quietly so he doesn't hurt Snooze at all. "Hi."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:57 am

Snooze relaxes some as the other people move away, leaving him with his Guide. His Guide still smells nervous, but that fades after a long moment of them being alone together, which satisfies Snooze beyond words. His Guide speaks, and his voice is wonderful; Snooze wants to hear it every day for the rest of his life.

But he's still got no words--maybe not the ability to speak. So he rumbles deep in his chest, and sighs at the touch of his Guide's hand.

He copies the gesture, but on Mitz's arm, on bare skin, patting and learning the feel of his skin. He knows how skin feels, but this is different. This is his Guide's skin. It's more important, much more important. He rumbles again, and leans down to rub his cheek against his Guide's neck--rub his smell into the skin.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Mitz sucks in a breath, this time with more ease. More ease than - ever, actually. He swears if he's bonding right now in the Wayne Manor Gardens and it clears up his asthma -- no, time and a place for those thoughts.

He does the only thing he can think of once he hears Snooze rumble on him again, the only thing that makes sense. He tips his head back, panting just slightly now, and submits.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Snooze makes an approving noise and continues to scent Mitz. Yeah, that's the smell he zoned on before, but now, combined with the feel and the sound and sight of his Guide, it's not so overwhelming. He wraps an arm around his Guide and settles against his side, careful not to crush him. He doesn't want to hurt his Guide. But he does want to make absolutely sure that his Guide smells like him, so all the others who are not so far away know without a doubt--and so his Guide knows, too.

His higher brain functions come back to him slowly. The instinct is still pretty strong, but the embarrassment is rising, along with the urge to hide his face and apologies profusely for whatever it is he's doing. What is he even doing? He's pushing his face into a stranger's neck.

He clears his throat. "Uh. Hello."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

"Hey," Mitz answers, utterly breathless. That was the most exciting thing that has ever happened to him. There's a moment, this one burning, glorious moment when Mitz just gets to feel safe and wanted and okay. But then Snooze's embarrassment kicks in and Mitz - well. What if this was all a mistake? 'Course it is. Okay. That makes sense. Wayne kid, bonding with Mitz of all people? What was he thinking. This is probably just how every Sentinel comes out of a deep zone like that. He licks his lips. "...how are feeling?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm

"Good. Really good." Snooze swallows hard and lifts his head, to get a proper look at his Guide--/his Guide/! He's finally found his Guide!--now that his brain is working again. He's stunned for a moment, because his Guide is utterly gorgeous... and not meeting his eyes. Snooze drinks in his Guide's face, memorises the shade of his eyes (brown? blue?). "You told me your name, didn't you? I'm sorry, I don't think it registered."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Mitz [x] looks at him. He isn't pulling away. It'd hurt if he did, Mitz realises with a start. So maybe Snooze is his Sentinel? Just thinking the phrase 'his Sentinel' makes Mitz's insides feel warm. That's got to be a good sign. "I, uh, yeah! No, I did. Mitz. I'm Mitz. I told you my name, yeah, I didn't know what to say to you. ...kinda a weird way of introducing, huh?" Shut up, Mitz, shut up, stop talking.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 pm

(Mitz Moran! It's been a while!) "I tackled you to the ground," Snooze reminds him. "As far as first impressions go, that's an--interesting one. Mitz. It's--good to finally meet you," he says, and his voice is a little soft, now. "I'm Snooze. Well. My name is Edgar. But my family call me Snooze."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 pm

(Lookit the cutie!) "I'm Jacob," Mitz says, then makes a face. "I don't like it. I - my brother calls me Mitz - that's my middle name - so I guess all my friends call me Mitz, haha. Uh. Are we...? Um. Cos it /felt/ like, and I don't want to assume or anything, but like you said, you did tackle me. And then growled. And then - let me submit. But if I was, I mean, I, I didn't mean to just...assume. That I'm. Yours, uh, now." Mitz instantly hates that he asked. That he kind of asked. But he had to, right? To be sure.

(okaaaaaaay I am going to hit the proverbial after the next sweep)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Snooze tightens his arm around Mitz. "You're my Guide," he says fiercely. "You're mine. I'm sure. I--can't let you go right now, and I hate the thought of anyone else being near us right now, and I, god, I need to be right near you. I need to make you safe. You're mine."

(BUT WHAT IF THE PROVERBIAL HITS BACK no no you must stay with me it's the only safe option)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Mitz's breathing picks up again, but this time he's smiling through it. Beaming through it. "Good, I," he shakes his head, then ducks to press his face against Snooze's chest. He's always wanted to do that, when he found his Sentinel. Now he can. "Thank you. I was scared I wasn't ever going to find you."

(I WOULD LOVE TO STAY but I am fading OKAY OKAY ONE MORE SWEEP but then I am gone I mean it)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

"So was I," Snooze whispers. "We took way too long to find each other. Where have you been?" Snooze thinks about rolling them over so Mitz is comfortably resting on top of him, but he can't let Mitz out of the safe bracket of his arms yet. This is a conundrum.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:21 pm

"Central City," Mitz replies. He's not comfortable. He's never been more comfortable in his life. "Yeah, uh, Central. Training and studying?" And being told that if he doesn't pick up his game then he'll never bond. "So I know some stuff, I think, about being a Guide. So don't worry. It's, uh. It's fine."

(okay goodniiiiiiiiiiight the Noc~ see you on the morrow <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm

"I wasn't worried," Snooze says immediately. "I know you'll be fantastic." He drops his head enough that he can nuzzle at the top of Mitz's head. He decides then and there he takes a guilty pleasure in the feel of Mitz's hair on his face. It's so /soft/, and it smells great.

(GOODNIGHT sleep weeeeeeeeeeeell feel betterrrrrr &hearts;! )
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Mitz sighs happily. Something just clicked in his head and his heart - his soul. It's wonderful. He never thought it would actually be like this. This kind of peaceful and safe and happy happens to other people. He was /convinced/ that if he got to bond - which, he was assured, was an unlikely outcome - then it would be... businesslike. Not this. Not completion.

That doesn't stop his brain from working. "...is your family going to be mad? They don't even know my brother and it was supposed to be about him and your brother and then this happens, uh. Y'know, would they be mad about that? I didn't mean, I didn't come here looking to bond or anything, that wasn't - I'm happy though! So happy. I just. ...your dad is Mr. Wayne, right? You look like him. He, uh, he scares me."

(uuuuuuuuugh fever no let me sleep)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Snooze wanted desperately to believe it would feel like this. A romantic at heart, he no doubt dreamed of it feeling exactly like this, like he wanted to hold onto his Guide and never let go, perfect faith that this person is The Person.

"They won't be mad at all," Snooze assures him. But there is a strange twist in his stomach at the thought of all the others being this close to Mitz. That won't happen. There needs to be space for a little while, surely they'll understand that? The Sentinels, at least, and the Guides would have all been through it before. Snooze just... needs to be between Mitz and whatever it is that's making him nervous or upset or unhappy. "They'll be ecstatic, just like I am. And--Father can be, yes, he can be intimidating." He chews on his lip. "But he will be very pleased about this, I'm sure of it. He'll love you."

(STUPID BODY)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Mitz laughs, hushed and high-pitched and nervous. "That, no, that's not true. But so long as he's not mad. That's okay. Okay. Good. ...good." Carefully, he curls his fingers in Snooze's shirt and holds on. He doesn't want to think about how his parents will react, but he'll cross that bridge when they're forced to. "...can we move somewhere else? I'm all full of endorphins and adrenaline and stuff, so I don't really mind the ground right now but I think, I mean, I'm not sure but I might not like it later?"

(AGREED I am going to try again but I don't think it's going to work so I MAY SEE YOU VERY SOON)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Snooze goes a little breathless at his Guide holding onto him. "I have a place that's mine inside," he suggests, after careful thought. "A sun room. It's warm and there are sofas we can sit on. Or--or I suppose we could find everyone else and tell them what's happened. Then we could find somewhere."

(GOOD LUCK)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:42 am

Mitz quickly goes over what he knows about the bonding stages. "Uh, okay, no that all sounds okay. But," he pauses, again unsure. He doesn't want to suddenly go suggesting that Snooze doesn't know what to do. But he supposes there's no real harm in asking, if he does it right. "But, uh, okay. Do you want to do that second thing? I only ask because there'll be other Sentinels. My brother's Sentinel and your dad and stuff."

(nnnaaauugh I got to sleep eventually and then woke up and have to call the vet because Splinter is actually dying in our arms right now and AUGH LIFE JUST STOP FOR A SECOND PLEASE)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 am

Snooze's arms around Mitz tighten at the thought of other Sentinels being close to his Guide. Intellectually Snooze knows they're all bonded, none of them would try to steal his Guide away from him. But instinctually he just can't take the chance. "If you want to tell them now," he struggles to say, "then we can. I don't want to stop you from, from seeing your brother, for example." It's hard to get the words out, but once he does, he feels better. Not only does Snooze not want other Sentinels to steal his Guide, he doesn't want his Guide to leave him.

(aw man I'm so sorry :()
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:21 am

"Hey, no, no, it's okay, please don't - don't," Mitz pats Snooze's back a little. "Don't worry. I mean, about that. My brother'll understand. ...I could text him? That's okay with you, right?"

(It sucked. It was hard. I'm trying not to think about it. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I did get started on planning my NaNo. Or what counts as planning from me, anyway XD Have you got anything done yet? You're doing a heroes thing, right? Steampunk and suchlike? Very Happy?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 am

"Of course," Snooze says immediately. Communication without contact--perfect! Snooze nuzzles the top of Mitz's head again. "You're brilliant."

(Yeah! Superpowers in a steampunk era, is the general idea. I've got a cast of characters, now I've just gotta figure out what to do with 'em. What's your plan?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:36 am

"Sh, no, you don't know that," Mitz says quietly. He tries to change the subject. "So, uh. That room you were talking about? That sounded nice. Can we...?"

(Awesooooooome I love this, are we going to share progress like normal because that sounds awesome. Iii am going to write something about retired Robins. The idea being that most heroes have been forced to register on a role as superheroes, like in Marvel, due to some problems with sidekick safety. So a lot of the ex-sidekicks have been forced to either register and abide by safety laws which render them useless or resign. And Batman is a douche so he made everyone resign.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:39 am

Snooze nods. "Yeah, yes, okay." He chews on his lip for a moment, then bites the bullet and pulls away from Mitz, up on his knees. Once he's up standing, he holds out his hands to help Mitz up, too.

(The point being that the superheroes end up not being able to hack it without their sidekicks and everyone makes a triumphant return after troubles settling into civilian life?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:56 am

"Oh! Thank you," Mitz says, taking Snooze's hands and looking honestly surprised and pleased that Snooze offered. He keeps hold of one of Snooze's hands once he's standing and pulls out his phone. He texts Jerel quickly ("Surprise! I found my Sentinel and I guess he's Bruce Wayne's son. I didn't plan this don't get mad but we're going to a place in the manor and don't make me leave him okay thank you BEST BROTHER okay bye") and then smiles at Snooze.

(Nah, I think I just want to poke at their psyches to see what happens to them outside of the hero scene. I think there's going to some amount of trouble on Bruce's part and it might mean growing as a person and things, but I'm not planning that far ahead. I just know that Jason won't be able to go back to patrolling due to injury and I think I want Dick to teach dance. I'm also going to start each section on the different Robins with a psych evaluation.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:00 am

Snooze waits patiently until Mitz has finished texting, then promptly decides that smile is something that has to stay around forever. He moulds himself to Mitz's side, both arms going around his waist as he nuzzles Mitz's hair again. "Is this okay?" he asks. "Probably can't walk fast like this but--is it okay?"

(That sounds pretty.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:10 am

Mitz tries to say that it's just fine, that he would love for Snooze to always do this, that he has never felt so happy. But he just manages a squeak and frantic nodding.

(Very Happy! I hope it ends up fun. I was also planning on working on the Ennui Harbour stuff? The warlock shitty PI that I was talking about a while ago. But I decided to go for something fun. Tell me about your NaNo?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 am

Snooze rumbles deep in his chest, an impressive feat considering his voice has barely broken. (I'm assuming they're young teenagers? Like, thirteenish, maybe? Twelve?) He starts moving them up towards the manor.

(My NaNo... well, the backstory got a little complicated. Essentially, the superheroes are kids who are products of a genetic breeding experiment. The government took a section of the population, exposed them to some SuperChemical, and dumped them in a biodome to watch how the chemical affected the kids. Nothing seemed to happen for a generation or two, but then the descendants of a few of the original test subjects showed up with superpowers. Government freaks and puts the biodome in lockdown, super!kids discover the existence of the outside world and crusade to get out there. I think. That's basically it. Kind of.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:27 am

Mitz kind of - stumbles at that sound, but he manages to catch himself before he brings them both crashing to the ground. Mitz marks up a victory in his mind to go along with the whole MY SENTINEL YESSSS thing.

(That sounds awesome. I'm Seriouspants. I like the sound of it. Do you have an idea who the Hero of Heroes is, and stuff?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:32 am

They manage to get inside without anyone interrupting them. It may be that Snooze is putting off some pretty serious territorial pheromones right now, so all the Sentinels are steering clear (and getting grabby with their own Guides), which works to his--their--advantage. Snooze gets Mitz to the sun room and closes the door firmly behind them.

(I definitely have a couple of favourites. I mucked around so much that I have an enormous cast, though, so it's hard to pick just one? Basically I've got a bunch of Teen Titans teams, based in each of the biodomes--if there's more than one, which there probably will be just to keep things interesting. There's also the supervillains--the kids with powers working for the government. But yeah, there's a couple of favourites on either side. Maybe like a Justice League sort of thing, snicker. The best of the best. But I haven't chosen a leader of leaders yet.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 am

Mitz stands still and nervous. He doesn't know what he's supposed to do, now that they're actually alone. "So, uh."

(Eeeeeee that is exciting! Very Happy All the superhero and supervillian creation! ALL OF IT DAMMIT)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:46 am

Snooze swallows. He's nervous, too. "Hi. My name is Snooze. I'm thirteen. My father is Bruce Wayne. My mother's name is Selina. They're both Sentinels. My favourite colour is dark red. I love to cook. I enjoy archery. I'm homeschooled; I'm terrible at science, but good at math. I live in Gotham, but this won't be my city; I have an older brother who'll inherit the city before I do. I don't know where I'll be the Sentinel for." He chews on his lip. "I can't think of anything else."

(No kidding. The total list ended up being something like 165 kids with powers who could potentially be in the story.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 am

Mitz smiles slightly and nods, taking all of that in. He looks around and finds one of those seats that Snooze was talking about before. He tugs lightly on Snooze's hand and starts walking towards it. "I, uh. My name is Jacob Mitz Stillhaven. I'm 13 as well. Uh. Nearly 14. I'm homeschooled too, more or less, and I don't really like it," he says honestly. It's weird that he's able to keep a handle on his sentences, on this thoughts around his Sentinel. Around Snooze, he means. "It's more like concentrated Guide training than school, but I like math too." He decided to leave out the part where he likes science, for now. "I live in Central City, but I have a bag packed all the time in case I ever met you. I don't mind where - we, I guess, where we end up."

(holy shit, the Noc, you are Batman)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:59 am

Snooze settles down on the sofa happily. This one gets the best sunlight. He opens his arms, hopefully for Mitz to settle into them. "We can probably stay here, for now? While we're, uh, getting to know each other. Learning how to work together." He thinks of Tim and Bart, Damian and Colin, and how they've been working every day at being a better partnered pair. "Or we could stay at yours," he adds.

(all of them with super aliases and powers and parents and appearances and ages and augh I don't even know how I'm supposed to choose
I'm not Batman, Batman had just one Robin at a time, I'm more like a supervillain with 165 minions I can't pick between)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 pm

"Haha, no," Mitz says, shaking his head. He takes the opportunity to lay next to Snooze, curling into him and holding on. He doesn't even think about it. "I want to have you happy and safe and, and being at mine wouldn't do that. Unless you, I mean, if you really want to. She's pretty influential when it comes to Guides and Sentinels, so, so, I mean, it's up to you. She's a Sentinel."

(hahahahahaha most indecisive supervillian MAKE THAT A SUPERVILLIAN ON YOUR LIST)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Snooze thinks about it for a moment. "If we stay here, we will have two other Sentinel-Guide pairs around our age to work with," he points out.

(oh god probably all of them will be hopelessly indecisive)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next