[Sentinel] Snooze and Mitz

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Snooze and Mitz

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 pm

"Of course." Alfred lets them into the sitting room, and leaves the door open as he leaves to put the coats away. He goes to check on Bruce once the coats are away, and he stops in the doorway of Snooze's darkened bedroom, seeing Bruce with his head in his hands by the bedside. "Still nothing?" he asks softly.

Bruce sits up with a sigh. "No. There's no response. I don't understand. I can't find any research that says Sentinels can fall into this kind of zone, unless it's the zone after which they find their Guide. You're quite sure Snooze didn't speak to anybody at the park? There were no Guides around that you could feel?"

Alfred looks at Bruce compassionately. "The challenger Sentinel and his Guide are downstairs," he says, instead of replying for the thirtieth time.

"I can't leave Snooze."

"They're waiting for you."

"I'm not leaving him."

Alfred doesn't want to lose his temper, but his patience gets short when Bruce is this stubborn. "Then shall I bring them here?"

"Do as you like, Alfred. I'm not leaving my son."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:03 pm

"They're worried about something," Mitz says. He doesn't bother to whisper or lower his voice. He can tell that there are at least three other people in the near them and one of them as got to be another Sentinel. There's so many of them. "They're - oh."

"I can hear them, dipshit," Thaey growls. He gets up and starts pacing. "One of the kids is zoning. Big whoop. But at least we'll get to actually sort things out today. I want to get started."

(I know that they would have white noise stuffs and everything, but I like making Thaey as assholish as possible I'm sorryyyy)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Alfred gives Bruce his most unimpressed look. "I'll bring the strange Sentinel and his Guide into your personal territory, then, shall I, sir." He turns and leaves the room before Bruce can say anything else, heading to collect Thaey and Mitz. He doesn't know if this is the wisest idea, but if this is what it takes to sort things out, then this is what it takes.

"Follow me, please," Alfred says, once he reaches the sitting room where he left Thaey and Mitz. "I'll take you to Mr. Wayne."

(No, that's okay, I figure they've got that stuff turned off in Snooze's room so the other members of the household can hear if anything happens!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Thaey nods and starts walking out the door without a word. Mitz stands up quickly and follows after them both quickly, trying not to stumble over his feet. He picks up on Alfred's irritation and - can't help himself, really. "Sorry for the inconvenience," he says softly, looking up at Alfred.

Thaey frowns, eyes flashing dangerously, and turns to take Mitz's wrist again - gripping hard enough to bruise /and/ shut him up. They're not here to make nice. They're here to set up terms so that Thaey can get to winning his own right to this territory. Mitz withdraws obediently and does not make a sound.

(ah, perfect~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Alfred nearly recoils at the cutting anger from Thaey. This Sentinel is /not/ stable. He is nearly as angry as Damian used to be, and much less able to control it. "Ah, Mister Stillhaven, there is no need for you to apologise." He leads the pair up the stairs to the family's private residence. "I'm afraid today isn't a very good day for a visit," he goes on. "Mister Wayne's youngest son has fallen into a zone state from which he has not yet awoken, and much of Mister Wayne's attention is spent on him. You may have to come back another time, if the negotiations are not completed today."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

To avoid Thaey's wrath as much as possible, Mitz doesn't reply to Alfred this time. He nods and smiles weakly to show his understanding, then falls into step beside Thaey. They both follow Alfred from then on in silence.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Alfred leads them to Snooze's door, then knocks, to let Bruce know they're coming in--though no doubt he was tracking them all the way from the sitting room.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Once they're inside, Thaey finally says something. Confidently, he stands straight. "Mr. Wayne. Thank you for seeing us," he says, and waits for a response. He looks around quickly - they're in the zoning boy's room, the smell of him is almost making Thaey want to start throwing punches. He doesn't know how Wayne stands it most of the time. ...Thaey supposes, reluctantly, that the boy being his son might help matters.

Mitz looks out from behind Thaey to take in the sight of the zoning boy. He's still held tight by the wrist, but his hand twitches; the boy needs help and no-one's doing anything. Thaey wants to talk about territory and that's important but that boy needs help.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Bruce has taken the trouble to open the curtains and the windows of Snooze's room, so the place doesn't look as depressing. He rises from Snooze's side as Thaey comes in. The aggression is rolling off the you g Sentinel in waves; just like Alfred, Bruce is reminded of Damian.

"Thank you for coming," Bruce says. "I did want to hold this meeting in my office, but I'm afraid I can't leave my son at this time. I assume you've come to discuss your proposal."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Thaey glances at Bruce's son, acknowledging that they're in an awkward situation. But that's all he does in regards to that subject. "I have, yes. I hope that you've had time to think about what I've told you," he says.

Even as Thaey holds fast to Mitz's wrist - is his grip getting tighter? No. Impossible, technically, for him to grip tighter without breaking something - Mitz strains to take stock of the zoning Sentinel. The nothing laying right there in front of them tugs at Mitz's heart. He doesn't know how Alfred stands being in the same room and manages to keep such a composed demeanour. Mitz wonders if he should ask Thaey if he can leave. It's almost to much.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Bruce sits back down. He doesn't need to be standing to be intimidating and in control of the situation. "In the interests of honesty, I haven't. Why don't you make me a proposal, as though this were a proper business meeting. I was raised in boardrooms, Mr. Korba, I respond well to business proposals." That's not strictly true; he avoided the boardrooms as much as he could before he came to realise how valuable Wayne Enterprises could be for him. But it'll still give the Sentinel something to work with.

Alfred is watching Mitz carefully. The boy is a good Guide; he can't see a distressed Sentinel without wanting to do something about it. Likely why he's acting as Thaeyed's Guide whilst not being bonded to him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:28 pm

"Very well," Thaeyed says, letting go of Mitz and spreading his hands. He stays standing, of course, but it doesn't bother him. He was always a good public speaker. "I'm not going to lie to you, Mr. Wayne. I am a strong Sentinel. I always have been and I will only get better. I'm not here to fight you, Mr. Wayne. I'm not even here to necessarily fight your heir. But I will do what it takes to be the next Sentinel of Gotham. Because I want to be. I want to fight for this city." Thaey puts all he has into that speech, every part of passion and sincerity he can muster.

Mitz tries to take a step back, holding his wrist to him, but he can't really move that far away from the zoning kid. He can't even bring himself to listen to what Thaey is saying. He's frankly wondering why they're here at all, when something so serious is happening to Mr. Wayne's family.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:32 pm

The meeting is going ahead because Bruce has a responsibility to the city of Gotham, to protect it from those who would wish it harm, and to eventually nominate his successor. Damian is a strong Sentinel, and Bruce has been training him towards emotional stability and physical capability since he came to the city; when he bonded with Colin, Bruce was sure there would be no more discussion about whether Damian would be his heir. There was no doubt in his mind at that point.

But when there's a new contender, Bruce owes it to the Sentinel to be fair. "Why do you care so much for this city? Where are you from?" he asks.

Alfred feels Mitz's bruised wrist, the dull throb of pain emanating from the boy. He wants to go and get him an ice pack, but he's worried that if he does, the Sentinel may punish Mitz further once they're away. Alfred is nearly vibrating with worry over the dynamics between these two. He hopes Bruce addresses Thaey's lack of a bonded Guide.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

"I was born in Star City," Thaey replies. "My Guide is from Central. But my parents were from Gotham. They used to tell me stories about where they met, where they used to work. I feel like I know this city already, better than I know Star."

Mitz glances at Thaey for a moment; he never talks about his parents. But that's as much attention as he gives it. It's not like he can ask about them later just because he brought them up for Bruce Wayne. Mitz isn't anywhere near as important as Mr. Wayne.

He doesn't notice, but he's taken at least a step and a half closer to the zoned boy.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Alfred and Bruce are both tracking him, even as Bruce focuses most of his attention on Thaey. It's curious, but not sensational: unbonded Guides are often drawn to try to help unbonded Sentinels. "And what makes you think you're a stronger Sentinel than anyone I have in mind to inherit the city?" Bruce asks.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:50 pm

"Instinct," Thaey says instantly, confidently. "But I realise that won't be the most convincing of arguments. I think I should be given a chance, though. To prove it." He turns his head, quite suddenly. "Mitz."

Mitz jumps and steps back, shaking his head. He's usually better than this. "Sorry. ...sorry."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:52 pm

"It's all right," Bruce says. "You want to help him, am I right? Which brings me to another question--my heir and his Guide are fully bonded. The two of you--" He looks between them. "Are not," he finishes simply. "You're not compatible?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 pm

"We're bonded," Thaey and Mitz say in one breath. Thaey says it with fierce possessiveness, and maybe a little frustration.

"I'm Thaey's. I'm his Guide," Mitz adds. He is emanating a sick kind of desperation. Or maybe it's just sickening.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Bruce is silent for a moment. Then he says, firmly, "Bonded Guides and Sentinels give off a certain scent. I'm sure you could smell it on my Guide Jason and myself, when we met on the rooftop," he says to Thaey. "I've been told by Guides that pairs feel different, when they're bonded. You two aren't bonded in the sense that my Guide and I are."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 pm

"That's because," Mitz starts, then stops when he catches Thaey's look. Thaey turns to address Bruce himself.

"We don't have a sexual relationship," he explains simply.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Bruce shakes his head. "That isn't what I mean. That's not the kind of scent I'm talking about. When a Sentinel has fully anchored all five senses in his Guide, it's different. It's deeper. I can reach new strengths with Jason than I could with any other Guide, even if that Guide and I had had sex."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Mitz goes a deep shade of red. Thaey doesn't react to the subject, other than getting progressively more frustrated. He grits his teeth, then calms down some. "I can see why this might be a problem. But I assure you, even if we aren't fully bonded, my Guide and I are in the process of cementing our bond," he says, going for reasonable.

Mitz - is having a quiet crisis. He thought he was bonded to Thaey. If one of the strongest Sentinels ever says that they aren't bonded then he must be right. But if he's not Thaey's Guide then what use is he? Worse, what's Thaey going to do to him when they get back? What if it's Mitz's fault that they're not bonded? Of course it's Mitz's fault. It's always his fault. ...maybe it's better that they're not bonded, he thinks. That way Thaey could find a Guide that is actually useful.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:01 pm

Bruce accepts this with a slow nod. "In that case, I'd like to see you at training. I spend several hours each week with the Sentinel-Guide pairs under my care, training them together and against each other. If you attend these training sessions, I can see how the pair of you measure up to the others."

The thick scent of Mitz's desperation and distress is permeating the room. Bruce can hold himself back from offering Mitz comfort due to long practice at self-control--but the smell is strong enough that Snooze, in his zoned state, begins to stir. He can smell a Guide in distress and he /needs/ to help this Guide. As he becomes slowly more aware, he realises this isn't just any Guide in distress, this is /his/ Guide, and he fights to think consciously, rationally, to bring his higher brain functions back online along with his instincts.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 pm

"That would be wonderful, thank you, Mr. Wayne," Thaey gushes, delighted. The only thing ruining this is Mitz being sad like a twat behind him. Thaey ignores it. He's used to it by now.

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:09 pm

"You'll have to--" work hard, Bruce starts to say.

"Sir," Alfred interrupts him. "Snooze." That's all he has to say, and Bruce's attention is instantly diverted. Snooze's heartrate is rising, and his eyeballs are moving slightly under his eyelids; he's waking up, and he's waking up distressed.

Bruce shoots a look at Mitz.

Snooze isn't just waking up distressed. He's waking up in response to the /Guide's/ distress.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:19 pm

All Thaey knows is that he's all kinds of worried about his Guide right now, especially after the look that Wayne gave him. And by worried - well, he doesn't worry about Mitz's well-being, that's all that really needs to be said there. He pulls Mitz behind him and back out of the room a little.

"Wha--" Mitz says, and pokes his head from behind Thaey to watch. "They might need help."

"They don't need /your/ help," Thaey spits at him. Mitz curls in on himself.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Snooze hears his Guide get further away, his heartbeat rising but fading, and he whines as he gets back the ability to make sound.

"Wait," says Alfred. "We may need your help, in fact." He moves towards Snooze, reaching out to take his hand. Snooze needs anchors to bring him back--touch is usually one of the most reliable ones.

"If you'll allow it," Bruce says, carefully.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Thaey pauses, hesitates, then growls. He knows that bringing back Wayne's son will curry favour - bit it'll also give him another rival. He grips Mitz, again by the wrist, and steps forward. "He'll help, but I'm keeping hold of him," Thaey decides.

Mitz lets himself he dragged, then looks at Alfred. "What - what do you need me to do?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm

That, at least, is like the bonded Sentinels Bruce knows. He's reminded of when Kon first touched Tim after Tim and Bart were bonded, and the furore that caused.

"Just touch him," Alfred says gently. "Speak to him. His name is Snooze."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 pm

"Uh, okay," Mitz says. He gets as close to the kid - Snooze - as Thaey will let him. He takes Snooze's hand. "I, uh. Snooze? My name is Mitz. Your father is very worried, so - come back?"

Thaey rolls his eyes. Mitz is doing just about as well as he does when Thaey zones. Which is to say, terribly.

(We are heading off for town now, so I will see you later~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Alfred visibly relaxes as Mitz's distress starts to fade. Giving him something to focus on, and letting him help the Sentinel, it worked to calm him down some.

Snooze rises towards the sound of his Guide's voice. His hand is warm and steady. Snooze wakes slowly, confused. Where is the danger he sensed? Why was his Guide so worked up before? He squeezes his Guide's hand and opens his eyes.

"Welcome back, Snooze," Bruce says softly, aware that loud noises might set Snooze off.

(Byyyyyyyyyyyyye have fuuuuuuuun~)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Mitz squeezes Snooze's hand back, a cool calm going through him as the kid wakes up. It was too worrying, really, being around this Sentinel as he was zoning. Which is weird. Because Mitz has been around Sentinels zoning before and it was never /worrying/. He just wanted to help. Maybe he's just stressed, is all. Everyone's judging his and Thaey's bond and Thaey's mad at him again and this house is /giant/ and it's never been clearer that he's a terrible Guide and this poor Sentinel - and yeah, definitely stress.

He does not, however, let go of Snooze's hand. It just doesn't occur to him.

This bothers Thaey to no end and, somehow, Mitz doesn't notice.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Snooze's confusion starts to fade as he zeroes in on his Guide. The alpha Sentinel--Father, says his rational mind, and so is Alfred. Snooze can tolerate their presence around his Guide.

But there is another. A deep rumble starts in Snooze's chest.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 am

That's it. Thaey tugs Mitz away from the kid. "He's awake," Thaey growls, pulling an annoyingly reluctant Mitz behind him. "He doesn't need my Guide any longer."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am

Snooze goes to lunge after Mitz. The other Sentinel's Guide? He doesn't think so!

Bruce plants a hand on Snooze's shoulder to keep him down on the bed. "Thank you for your assistance, Mister Stillhaven. It's much appreciated."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:12 am

Mitz gasps a little, remembering at the last moment to reply to Bruce. "It's fine," he says quickly, then looks back at Snooze. "It's fine, really, it's okay, I'm - I'm glad to help, I --"

"Shut up," Thaey says, quiet and still. Mitz does. Then Thaey turns to Bruce. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I took my Guide away now, considering?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:15 pm

"As you wish. Come by on Friday for the first training session," Bruce says. Snooze is struggling against his hand, but after days with no food and no movement, he's fairly weak. Snooze is whining slightly as Mitz moves further away. Why is his Guide leaving him?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:36 pm

"Friday," Thaey repeats, nodding and tries to pull Mitz out of the room. Mitz resists, brows furrowed and still looking at Snooze. He's - actually in pain. Emotional pain. Mitz glances at Alfred, checking if it's affecting him as much as it is Mitz. Alfred looks, well, distressed but not so much so that it hurts him as well. Mitz can /feel/ the anguish and anger here. It's almost too much.

Thaey tightens his grip on Mitz, that sharp pain bringing him out of his - uh, no, that other Sentinel's emotional problems.

"We're going," Thaey tells Mitz, breaths away from ordering him, and all Mitz can do is nod. And try not to pull away like an idiot. It would break his wrist anyway, he knows. And Thaey hates having to look after Mitz after he's pissed Thaey off.

They leave as quickly as Thaey can manage to get them both out.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 pm

When the bedroom door closes behind Thaey and Mitz, Snooze sctually fights hard enough to break Bruce's grip and stumble out of bed. But he's shaky and weak and doesn't make it far, just a couple of steps. Then Bruce and Alfred both catch him and set him back down on the edge of the bed.

Bruce crouches down to be on Snooze's eye-level. "Snooze, what is it?"

"My Guide," he says, reaching towards the door again.

Alfred is rubbing his own chest in sympathy. He can feel, not only Snooze's distress at being separated from the Guide who pulled him out of his zone, but the Guide's unhappiness at being forced to leave a Sentinel in need. No, not just unhappiness--misery.

"Are you saying that Guide is your Guide?" Bruce asks carefully.

Snooze can only whine in answer. His mental faculties will come back, but at the moment, he's right in the middle of trying to deal with his Guide leaving him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Thaey doesn't speak to Mitz until they're back at the apartment. Mitz is kind of glad of that, really, since it takes a good three miles between them before Mitz stops feeling absolutely awful, like that Sentinel felt. Once that wanes, though, he has to deal with the fact that Thaey's raging on the inside - even as he smiles at the taxi driver and pays him.

There are people on the street that are watching them come out of the cab - not really for any reason but just people watching people - so Thaey puts his hand on Mitz's shoulder instead of his wrist. Another small miracle, Mitz supposes, since he's a bit tender there at the moment. Thaey probably knows that. A Sentinel always knows. Right? Yeah.

"Don't know what you think you were playing at today," Thaey says evenly while they wait in the elevator. Mitz's heart stops, he thinks, as dread settles in his stomach. What did he do? He talked too much, he knows that, but he didn't break anything and he definitely didn't meet Mr. Wayne's eyes - like Thaey told him - and it must be that poor Sentinel that Thaey is talking about but what could he do?

Mitz says nothing.

"You're lucky I managed to talk to Wayne like an adult, otherwise that display would have cost me everything," Thaey continues. "And after they thought we weren't bonded. That was probably a test! What kind of Guide are you? Might as well just have 'Bike' tattooed on your forehead and rent you out to any Sentinel with a problem."

Mitz looks at his hands. Thaey's got a point.

"Disloyal," he spits, pulling Mitz out of the elevator just as it pings and nearly throwing him into the apartment. Mitz flinches, but only at the accusation. Not the blows that come afterwards.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Snooze tracks his Guide with his hearing and smell until he loses him in the thick crush of the city. In all that time, he doesn't pay attention to a word Bruce or Alfred is saying, and they eventually give up and talk to each other over his head.

Once he's lost the sound of his Guide's heartbeat, Snooze's shoulders slump. "He's gone," he says quietly.

Bruce sits back in his chair. "You said he was your Guide."

"He is," Snooze says immediately.

"He pulled you out of a deep zone," Alfred says. "He may simply be a very strong--"

"He's my Guide," Snooze says fiercely. "You didn't doubt Damian when he found Colin. You didn't doubt it when Bart and Tim met. He's my Guide."

"He's attached to another Sentinel," Bruce says.

Snooze pounces. "But not bonded. I could smell it."

"He'll be here on Friday," Bruce says after a moment. "We'll see.""

"That's /days/ away," Snooze groans. He's already formulating plans to sneak out tonight and track his Guide down, no matter what Bruce says about waiting and patience and being certain.

Once the lights in the Manor go out that night, Snooze climbs out his window and heads for the city.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:25 pm

If he finds Mitz, he'll be sleeping in his room and curled into a tight ball. Sometimes he sleeps in with Thaey but only when Thaey's zoning himself. Thaey lets him sleep there and anchor him during the night and it's /great/ because he's useful and safe.

Now he's just sore and lonely and emotionally exhausted. When he was sent into his room, he got undressed slowly, did a little aftercare and collapsed into bed. Sleep took him pretty quickly. Again, small miracles.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Snooze knows where Thaey and Mitz are living, if they haven't moved buildings. And once he's found the building, it's easy to reach out for the scent of his Guide, to lead him up the flights of stairs to the right floor. He can't smell much beyond Mitz, actually. He stands outside the apartment door and hesitates with his fist poised to knock.

He doesn't want to come face to face with the other Sentinel. The boy was aggressive, and Snooze didn't like the way he smelled, all bitter and sharp. The Sentinel is definitely there; he can hear two heartbeats on the other side of the door.

Snooze goes up onto the roof and comes down the fire escape, instead.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

Thaey hears him, smells him - but he's all messed up from the move and getting used to Gotham's sounds and smells and the fact that he can still smell /so many Sentinels/ in this city... He doesn't wake up. He tired himself out before bed, anyway.

Mitz, on the other hand, does not hear him. But he left his window open a little, for some reason. He just forgot to close it, I guess.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Snooze hooks his fingers under the tiny gap between the window and the ledge, and slowly lifts it. He's well aware that the aggressive Sentinel could come storming into the room at any moment, but right now, he's only got eyes for his Guide.

Mitz. Alfred said his name was Mitz.

Snooze perches on the ledge and watches Mitz sleep for a long moment. Mitz is curled up in the blankets like he's trying to hide himself away from the world. Snooze can smell bruise balm--briefly panicked, he wonders if he hurt Mitz at all. But he knows he didn't. Mitz was the one holding his hand. So Mitz must have gotten hurt somewhere between Snooze's bedroom and here.

He climbs into the room soundlessly, and whispers, "Mitz."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down