[Sentinel] Damian and Colin

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Damian and Colin

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:20 am

Damian roots to the spot. He /can't/ now, he can't leave Colin alone. The thought makes him kind of sick. He sways on the spot again, and works very hard to swallow to clear his throat.

"I will stay," he says slowly. "But, ah, if something happens - if I /do/ something weird--" he looks over the crowd and points out Alfred. "That man with the white hair and black suit? Tell him about me, please." He turns back to Colin. He can /feel/ himself slipping, which is terrifying. "I would... prefer if you didn't make a scene."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 am

Colin approaches Damian very carefully and very slowly, like he's approaching a spooked animal. "I won't make a scene. What do you mean? What might happen to you?" He's dying to take Damian's hand again, but he doesn't know if he'd be welcome, after Damian's reaction before. "Is that man your father?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 am

Damian hums, kind of rumbling, amused despite himself. "He is not my father," he says. "I like your voice."

Though that isn't what he zones on that second - it's the ghost feeling of Colin's touch, the knowledge of what Colin's skin feels like. Damian zones of the absence of touch.

(Which I hope is okay.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:33 am

Damian goes blank, suddenly, and--/cold/, like freezing space, where before there was warmth and life. Colin jumps forward. "Damian? Damian!"

He doesn't shout, mindful of what Damian said about him making a scene. But he does take Damian's hands, both of them, in one of his, and checks his eye response with another, waving his hand in front of Damian's glazed eyes.

"Damian, what's wrong? Look at me, talk to me--come back to me," Colin says, upset and panicked. Is this some kind of panic attack Damian's having? Is this what he was talking about when he said 'something weird'? Is it a Sentinel thing?

(Indeed it is. I'm impressed by how long Damian managed to hold on!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:40 am

Damian is gone, truly, until Colin speaks again. The distress alone is enough to make him fight through the zone. His Guide is in trouble. He has to do /something/.

An entire gala away from them, Jason inclines his head and grunts softly. "Damian's zoned," he mutters softly, for Bruce to hear.

(I figured he would have gone sooner but for Bruce's paranoid training.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:45 am

Bruce tilts his head, casting out his hearing beyond the polite conversation he's involved in. He listens for Damian's heartbeat, reaches out for his smell, trying to find his son. When he does find Damian, his eyebrows go up. He can smell Damian's bonding pheromones starting to rise. He excuses himself and Jason from the conversation, and asks, as they walk away, "Is there another Guide here?"

Colin gasps softly as Damian's eyes snap to focus right on him. The intensity of Damian's gaze is something to behold. "Damian--are you okay? What happened? What was that? Can you hear me?"

(No doubt about it. Bruce wouldn't want Damian to get into trouble somewhere and be beyond help--he'd teach Damian to only zone when he knows it's safe, or something like that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am

"Yeah," Jason breathes. "But they're freaked out. Whoever they are."

Damian can't think to answer, and his chest /aches/ when he realises that his Guide is distressed because of something /he/ did. He turns his hands to grip Colin's and then pulls him in close, crushing him to Damian's chest. He keeps him safe. He apologises.

He can't stop rumbling lowly. He doesn't really think to.

(I don't know why this is adorable.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Bruce leads Jason towards the double-doors to the balcony, where Damian is--and where he's with someone else. Bruce doesn't recognise this other person, this other young boy. "Is it /Damian's/ Guide?" he asks, very softly.

Colin makes a surprised noise as he's pulled into a hug. This is a lot more forward and--well, intimate--than any other first meeting with a new friend he's ever had. But he finds himself wrapping his arms around Damian, rubbing circles on his back, and burying his face in Damian's suit jacket. "It's okay," he starts to say as Damian rumbles. "It's okay, you're okay. Just breathe. It's all okay."

(broose is worried about his boy aw)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Jason hums. "Jeez, B, I dunno," he says automatically, but all signs point to yes. He looks out to where Bruce is looking and sees Damian and his - little friend. "He's definitely calmed down in the last few seconds - since the littlest prince ramped up his protectiveness. That's a good sign."

Damian's eyes slide closed for a second, enjoying the feel of the touch of his Guide now that he has it back. He doesn't want to be without it again. He doesn't. His fingers grip into Colin's suit jacket, holding him tight and close. His head swims, making him dizzy, being his close to what has to be the best smell in the world. Soap and heat and dust and /Colin/.

(ewa;lsdik)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Bruce stops, and waits, and watches. If that /is/ Damian's Guide, Damian won't take kindly to Bruce and Jason approaching right now. Besides--Bruce sort of wants to see what it looks like from the outside.

Colin continues to rub Damian's back, like Damian's one of the little ones from the orphanage just woken up from a nightmare. He feels very possessive and protective and pleased--but after realising that the desperation before was coming from Damian, he's not sure if he's really the one feeling that. He doesn't know how, but he thinks he might, when they touch, be feeling what Damian feels. "It's okay. We're both okay." 'Okay' is starting to lose its meaning.

(indeed)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Damian breathes and - slowly - begins to come back to himself. His Guide, er, Colin is working so hard to calm him down that it's almost impossible not to. He clears his throat, trying to work out the growl sitting there. It doesn't work. But he manages some words.

"Mmn. Sorry. You're--" he starts, but he swallows the word 'mine' before it comes out. He doesn't know whether it'd be accepted or not. It hurts, though, physically not to say it. Confirm it. Especially with Colin so close.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 pm

Colin looks up when Damian finally speaks, though he's reluctant to move away from his place--/his/ place?--on Damian's chest. He swallows hard at the pain on Damian's face; he can feel it right down to his toes. Whatever's happened to Damian, it's not something good. "I'm what?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Damian frowns. "Just - I would prefer it," he starts, slow and voice rough. "If you would stay here, with me. For a little while longer." He doesn't know how else to say that without going off the deep end into pounding his chest and grasping Colin and never letting go. He's only /just/ managing to stay coherent. The urge to give in and press his face into the curve of Colin's neck, to lick and scent and - he has to stop thinking about this now.

Thank fuck for meditation techniques.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:43 pm

"As long as you want," Colin promises earnestly. He's never felt /needed/ like this, it's amazing. "I mean--" He suddenly remembers where they are and why they're here, and he /hates/ the thought of leaving with every fibre of his being. He doesn't want to stop feeling like this. "Until the nuns call me to go, I guess."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm

"/No/," Damian grits out, all grip on control lost in that second. No-one is going to take his Guide away from him. Even if his Guide doesn't know that he's Damian's. "No. You will stay, I'll make sure of it. If you're with them /anything/ could happen to you. No. I will not have it."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Colin's head spins from the wash of /need/ under Damian's words, and he has to cling to Damian to stay standing. "What's going on, Damian? What's happening?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Normally, Damian would just tell Colin at this point, but his head is swimming and his - instincts, really, are taking over. He grunts, frustrated. "I do not know how to tell you about what's happening," Damian sighs, and frowns at himself. "But - I simply do not wish to be away from you at the moment. ...do you want to be away from me?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:15 pm

"No," Colin says immediately. "No, I've never--I've never felt so--" He hesitates, searching for the word. Then he comes up with, "Safe. I've never felt so safe."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 am

Damian sighs and lets his eyes close again. His Guide is safe. Everything's okay. He eases his grip on Colin's jacket and smooths his hair; gentle and kind of stuttering in his movements, but it's all Damian knows to do when it comes to affection. "You are safe," he doesn't even realise he's talking. "I'll keep you safe."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:38 am

Colin makes a soft noise at the smoothing of his hair. The last person who did that was his mother, and that's not something Colin likes to remember. "Is this a Sentinel thing?" he asks softly.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 am

"Yes," Damian says quietly. No shame or anything in admitting that, he just wants this to be a private moment. "...I don't do this for everyone." He continues petting for a moment longer, then decides to clarify. "Just you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:44 am

Colin pulls back a little so he can look at Damian's face. "What's so special about me?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 am

"You're--" perfect, Damian wants to say. Mine. Like no-one else. "We're - ah." Damian clears his throat and looks to the side, frowning and thinking. "You are the only one," he speaks slowly, thinking about his words very carefully. Not only because they're important, but because the closer he comes to admitting who Colin is to him the closer he gets to regressing to grunts again. "The only one who would have been able to save me, just now. You're my Guide. There is no-one else, couldn't be."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:57 am

"Your Guide?" Colin breathes. "I don't--I've heard of Guides but I don't know what they do. I don't know how to help you." The more Damian frowns, though, the more Colin rubs his back and speaks in a soothing tone. Some aspects of comfort just come naturally to him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

"You don't want to," Damian nods, trying to ignore the tearing feeling in his chest. He accepts Colin's decision easily, even expected it. Colin had no idea about all this, this has been dumped on his lap. Besides, when not even family - his mother, or Grayson - stay around Damian when he /begs/, why would a stranger?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:04 am

"/No/," Colin says, as fiercely as he can despite being breathless from the sudden, tearing pain in his chest. "I /do/, I want to help, I don't want you to feel like this." He brings a hand around to rest on Damian's chest, then his own, wincing. "I don't know /how/ to help. I never said I didn't want to. Please believe me," and now he's begging. "I can learn, I promise. I can be good."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 am

Damian blinks, shocked at Colin's reaction, then pulls him into a hug again. "I'm sorry. Stop being upset. That wasn't my intention. You /are/ good," he says, a dull rhythm to his words, but hushed and private and all for Colin. But Damian tends to keep emotion out of his voice when it's /important/. "You are amazing. You got me from that zone. You're perfect."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:14 am

Colin nestles into the hug, trying to ignore how good it feels to finally have something he's longed for--from a stranger. "A--a zone. That's what that is? When your eyes go all glazed? All I did was talk to you," he says, doubtful.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 am

"Mm," Damian hums, and has to remind himself to answer Colin's questions even though all he wants to do is sit and hold onto him and take him away from all these people and keep him for himself. "A zone, yes. As in, zone-in on something. Your voice lead me through it. Made me come back. Your voice."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 am

Colin's awed at the thought. "I brought you back," he echoes, wonderingly. "Is--that why they call it a Guide? Because the Guide... guides you back from a zone?" He still can't quite think of himself as a Guide, but he'll get there, if Damian keeps this up. It's just so /sudden/.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:05 am

"Mm, kind of. Guides will be there to help in other ways," Damian says, starting to nuzzle into Colin's hair. He can only stay so far away from him without breaking down.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 am

Colin inhales. "So--we're like soulmates," he says hesitantly. That's how he's understanding it right now.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 am

Damian's hesitant. They /are/, but it seems so wishy-washy a term. "If you like," he replies slowly. "Yes."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:21 am

"Wow," Colin breathes. "Wow, that's not something I ever thought I'd have."

Bruce is having a lot of proud-papa moments right now, I swear to god. If he was anyone else he'd be smiling.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am

"I was preparing myself to be alone as well," Damian murmurs honestly. That's exactly what he and Bruce were doing, just in case. They never called it that, they never discussed it. But they both knew that they were preparing for Damian to be Guide-less.

Jason thinks that's just adorable. And he's trying to figure out which nun he has to talk to so that they can get little D's new buddy to come home with them. Alfred'll know, like a weird sixth social sense.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:31 am

"We're blessed," Colin says softly. To have found his other half--to know for certain that Damian is his other half and that they're /made/ for each other--it makes him feel truly warm inside.

He's probably already zeroed in on the nun who seems to be Mother Superior, knowing Alfred, making good networking contacts should Bruce ever need to go to someone for help in that area of the city.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 am

Damian chuckles softly. "If you like," he repeats, amused. He might find the whole 'religion' thing adorable.

That sounds entirely like him, definitely. Aw, Alfie. Always there for the family.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 am

Colin's been relying on it pretty heavily to tell himself that things will get better--that there's a plan for him. It looks like he's just found his plan. "Are you feeling better?" He's still stroking Damian's back.

The best. No contest.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

Better than he has all his life, to be honest. "Yes," he says simply. "Though I do not think I /can/ let go of you." Damian buries his nose further into Colin's hair and breathes deeply. Oh, no. He's not moving from here.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

"I don't want you to," Colin admits. "No one's--I mean, I haven't--it's been a while," he says awkwardly. "Since I've felt like this." Warm. Wanted. Protected.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:18 am

"I cannot tell exactly how you're feeling," Damian murmurs. He pulls back to look at Colin's face, searching it. "But your pupils are dilated. Your heart-rate is only slightly sped. You're smiling. And you smell--" Damian takes another deep breath. "/Amazing/. I assume you're happy. Though there is the tiniest chance you're scared." He smirks a little. It's true, but Damian's confident to the point of annoying arrogance that it isn't the case here.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:34 am

"Maybe a little scared," Colin admits. "That this isn't real. But so happy, I swear. And... I think... I think I do know how you're feeling. Protective, and, and /pleased/. And at peace. You were very conflicted before. But now you're not."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 am

"I knew who you were when we started talking," Damian admits. "I knew who you were to /me/. And I had seen this moment, prepared for it, my whole life. But you hadn't. I wanted to get away, to do this another way but I /really/ didn't."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 am

"Well, I'm glad you didn't leave," Colin says. "Or ask me to leave. That would've been horrible. I may not know what's going on, but I still want it to happen," he says, determined, and brave.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:00 am

Damian's chest swells with a kind of pride that he doesn't even understand yet. "Good," he murmurs. "And don't worry about not know what's going on. You'll know everything, more than you care to, soon enough. Assuming you come home with us." Damian pauses. He really /does not/ like the idea of Colin not coming home with them. "It's up to you. But if you chose to stay with your nuns, learning everything may come a little slower."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down