[Sentinel] Damian and Colin

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Damian and Colin

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:06 am

"You'd want me to go with you?" Colin's eyes are wide. "I'm just--I can't pay you, or anything."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 am

Damian looks at Colin - and promptly cracks up. That's the funniest thing he's heard in a long time. "Finding Guides isn't a profiteering racket," he says, still laughing a little. "You do not have to pay anyone. Anything. I'm sure my father will be okay with it." He looks around to where Bruce and Jason as standing. He's been aware of them for a while now, though perhaps not the entire time they've been standing there and watching.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

Colin withdraws a little when Damian laughs, but he relaxes when it turns out to be kind. "I mean, I can't pay you for accommodation or food or anything. Are you sure this will be okay with your father? Are you sure he'll like me?" He's anxious, chewing his lip.

Bruce inclines his head when Damian looks at him. Of course it's more than all right if Damian's Guide comes to stay, especially if the boy has nowhere else.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am

"He's fine with it," Damian tells Colin, looking back at him. "And just don't worry about him liking you. It ends up a lot easier in the end, I find."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 am

Bruce's warm feeling fades some, at that. As if he needed another reminder that he's a terrible father.

"I want your family to like me, though," Colin says.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 am

"How could they not? You're my Guide," Damian says, maybe a little lost in the haze of GuideGuideGuide to actually think about what he's saying.

"C'mon, B," Jason takes Bruce's wrist and pulls to lead him away. Seeing as he's part of the reason why Bruce ends up being so hard on himself when it comes to parenting or guardianship, he always feels like crap when Bruce goes down that road. "Let's get this fixed up."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:42 am

Colin's nerves fade into a smile. "I don't know if it works like that," he giggles. He's a bit--well, drunk on how much Damian is drunk on him.

"Yes, you're right," Bruce murmurs. He tears his attention from Damian and Colin and tries to centre on Jason, but Jason tends to remind him of parenting failures as well. Lately he's had a sneaking suspicion that he didn't /want/ to be a good parent to Jason, he still wanted to be his Sentinel despite Jason's young age. He tries not to think about it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:45 pm

"That's /exactly/ how it works," Damian says, decisively, and goes back to burying his nose in Colin's hair. Drunk isn't the word. 'High' is more accurate. He feels distant, yet more grounded than he's ever been.

Jason works on radiating - well. Not calmness. He can't quite get to calm. But acceptance. Certainly love. Whether it's as a lover, a partner - or a father, for that matter - Jason loves Bruce with all his heart. He may not be the best at one of those, but that doesn't mean Jason hasn't worked very hard at accepting and forgiving. Bruce is, after all, the other half to him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Colin continues to rub Damian's back. It feels so /good/ to have Damian calm like this. The anger seems to have faded; Damian is just... /happy/. No, more than that. He's serene. Content. Colin made him feel like that. That's incredible. "Okay. If you say so."

Bruce breathes in deeply as the familiar feel of Jason's all-encompassing, fierce, hard-won love washes over him. He turns in his quest to find the nuns and Alfred, and faces Jason. "Thank you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Damian rumbles - nothing like his father's, granted, but it's rather impressive coming from such a small frame. He likes it when Colin does /anything/, he's finding, but especially the touching. Usually he's very cagey about his personal space. But this is the best thing to happen to Damian, ever. "I wonder if my father has found your nun yet," he mumbles, wanting to get Colin home as soon as possible. He's very aware that there are a lot of people here that he doesn't want around.

Jason smiles and shrugs. "Don't, B," he says easily. "You don't have to. You forget too easy and it's my job to remind you of some shit."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:10 pm

"We could go see," Colin suggests. But he's not wanting to move, at all, and he really doesn't want to go back in there--all those people with their fake emotions and private miseries, versus staying here with a rumbling, content Damian. There's /no/ contest.

"It's not your job," Bruce says--because the love, that's not part of the job. That's entirely Bruce and Jason, surely. "But I'm glad you do it anyway."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Damian can't stand the thought of Colin being near anyone, at all, right now. And getting through the crowd to find his father means being near a lot of people /all at once/. Damian shakes his head and growls. Likely the meaning isn't lost.

"Hey," Jason pokes Bruce in the chest. "It's my job to remind you of what you have--/who/ you have. Not because of luck, or obligation or goddamned genetics, whatever that might mean. You have your flaws, god knows. But no-one's being forced to be around you. You are a good man, Bruce fucking Wayne. Do you understand me?" He shakes himself out, trying to get back to being less frustrated. "I /hate/ it when you feel like that. Like you're dirt. Ruffles my feathers, you could say."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:21 pm

"O-kay, roger that," Colin says, tucking his face into Damian's jacket again. "When they want us they can come find us. I'm completely and utterly and totally okay with that, yes."

Bruce looks at Jason for a long moment, then he smiles his most honest smile--the one that barely touches his mouth, but makes his eyes blaze. "I understand--little wing." He doesn't show his affection in public, but he's longing to pull Jason to him right now, to press a kiss to his temple and hold him. Later, when they're alone, he will.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Damian relaxes automatically. "Thank you," he says, very quiet. He doesn't use the words often.

Jason smiles, knowing exactly how affectionate Bruce is feeling. He doesn't need public displays, anyway. He's under no illusions. He nudges Bruce a little. "Shut up," he says, still smiling. "Let's get going before your son bonds in the middle of a party."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:33 pm

"You're so welcome," Colin says. "Can you do that rumbling thing again? That was nice. Like a cat."

"Good idea." Bruce turns again, heading for Alfred's quiet, comforting voice, and he trusts Jason to be right behind him. It really would be for the best if they could get Damian and his Guide somewhere private before anything happens--the best for the boys.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 pm

"I don't think I can turn it on and off," Damian says, amused. He holds onto Colin for a long moment before talking again. "I like cats. I have a dog, but I also like cats."

Jason actually thinks it would be hilarious to find out what the gossip rags would say about the littlest Wayne if he was found bonding at a gala with a little orphan boy. But he follows, training kicking in more than anything else. There's a part of him that wants this to all go smoothly as well, though.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm

"I like a lot of animals," Colin says honestly. "I've never had a pet, so I don't know if I'm, like, a dog person or a cat person? But I'm pretty sure I like them both."

Bruce thinks the gossip rags will have enough to talk about when they find out about Colin at all--for the moment, Damian and Colin deserve a bit of privacy. Colin needs to find out, after all, what he's getting himself into, with the Waynes, before the press accost him. Bruce is always concerned about putting new members of the family before the press.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:47 pm

"You'll like Titus," Damian decides. "He's my dog. He's tall, nearly up to my chest. Very loyal, very smart. He's a good - hound." And that's one of the very few moments where Damian worries about the way he talks. It passes as quickly as it comes, though.

And it all comes back around to what Jason was saying about Bruce being a good man. A little bit of a compulsive adopter, sure, but...
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm

"Titus, that's a great name," Colin says enthusiastically. "I can't wait to meet him. What kind of dog--hound is he?" he asks. Maybe 'hound' is like a technical term?

What can he say--Bruce can't stand to see a lonely, sad little boy, especially one without parents.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:53 pm

"He is a Great Dane," Damian says proudly. "He was bought to keep me company while my father worked. That was before anyone else moved in again. There are others, in my house. My father's partner, the boy that my father adopted and /his/ partner, and my brother." Grayson's gone, he left, and Damian doesn't count him. ...he's still a little bitter.

In which I want to cuddle Bruce Wayne and THAT IS NOT COOL NOC
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:25 pm

"Wow," Colin says, kind of awed. "You're so lucky. A Great Dane, that's awesome--wait, your father's already adopted someone?" Colin doesn't know whether to be excited about this news or not, because a lot of people just want to adopt only one kid, they don't want two, but maybe because Damian's father's already adopted one kid he might be more inclined to adopt another?

HA now you know how I feel when I get into Bruce's head augh all the cuddles for the lonely little boy inside Bruce

(doesn't Bart happen after Colin? Because Tim's all like 'ugh why can the brat figure this out and I can't'?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:28 pm

"Several," Damian sighs, almost fondly exasperated at his father's past antics. "I suppose I cannot hedge it any longer - besides which, you'll meet him soon. My father is Bruce Wayne."

no sh noo it's like finding Bruce attractive. It happens all the time and it's always awkward

(oh yeah shit, uhhh, forget I said anything >.>)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:30 pm

It takes Colin a moment to click that with Wayne Manor and Wayne Enterprises and Bruce Wayne the billionaire and Damian Wayne his son--then his eyes go wide. "/Oh/. Wow. /Wow/."

probably for Bruce, too, tbh, he finds most things awkward

(ehehe, it's okay)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm

It's odd, Damian quickly finds out, how different his responses are when he's talking to Colin than when he's talking to other people. Normally he would be smug as all get out, milking the awe and automatic respect. But he supposes he was enjoying Colin knowing him as Damian first, not Damian Wayne. "Yes, wow."

giant manchild
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Colin feels how instantly guarded Damian is, and tightens his arms around him. "Sorry, I just--I never thought I'd actually meet you. You have a really lovely house."

that's just how he rolls
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Damian frowns into Colin's hair. He doesn't like that, his Guide apologising for his own reactions. "Don't, please," he says. "Don't apologise. It's fine. And it's your house. It will be soon. Hopefully, if all goes well."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Colin doesn't want to let himself believe that just yet. "That'd be nice," he says, kind of lamely. "Even if you didn't have a really nice house and everything, I'd still want to live with you--you know that, right?" He thinks that needs to be made clear. Kids at the orphanage all dream about being adopted by rich parents, but it's kind of startling to have it actually happen to Colin.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:47 pm

"Mm," Damian replies, thoroughly non-committal. It's not that he doesn't believe Colin, because he does. But he is aware that it sweetens the pot considerably. There are more pressing matters at hand, anyway. "You will be coming home with us. I hope you know that. One way or another. I can't... I can't lose you. You're -- mine. You're my Guide."

That's the first time he's really said that. Colin is /his/ and he can't leave Damian. He can't. He's /his/.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:52 pm

"Adoptions usually take a little while," Colin says, though now he is absolutely, more than ever before, dreading going back to his dreary little bed in the dreary little dormitory in the dreary little orphanage. The thought of going home with Damian--/home/, with /Damian/--is too good. "But if there's any way I can go home with you, then I'll try," he decides. "I'd probably sneak out, if they didn't let me leave the orphanage, and come find you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:54 pm

"Don't," Damian says instantly. "Don't go out, if that happens, without me. Do not. Promise me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Colin's face crumples a little. "Why not? I know Gotham's not the safest place at night, but I've--" done it before, he starts to say, then stops himself.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Damian rumbles again, hands gripping Colin's shirt tightly. "No, I--" he takes a breath to calm himself. "I... I can't /stand/ the thought of you getting hurt. In any way. Just because I wasn't there, because I wasn't able to protect you, to keep you away from anything that could harm you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Colin watches how worked up Damian gets with wide eyes, then he lifts his own hands to rub Damian's, clenched in his shirt. "Okay. Okay--if it means that much to you, and I can feel that it does, then I won't go out at night. I promise, okay? Damian? I promise."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Damian eases up so much that he can't stop himself from pulling Colin close, pressing his nose to the curve of his neck - just where his ear stops and his jaw begins - and talks into Colin's skin. "I will make sure that you're always safe," he promises, honestly. Seriously.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Colin shivers. And--he believes Damian. "Okay," he says in a small voice. "I'll make sure you're happy. That's what I can do for you."

(wasting time during previeeeeews~)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Damian nuzzles Colin's skin and he's never been happier. "You will. But that will happen automatically," he assures Colin. "It's happening right now. You don't..." He thinks back to what Grayson would say to him, about owing people just because they're nice to him. That it isn't an exchange, that they're not looking for something from him. He never really understood it until right now. "You will not /owe/ me happiness."

(hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I am going out to town with the Frank and my mother so I will not be here for long but hiiiiiiiiii)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:08 am

"I don't owe you," Colin agrees. "But I want to. I want to make you happy--you, specifically. I used to try and make people happy so I didn't have to put up with their sadness," he admits softly, guiltily. "But I want to make you happy just to see you happy."

(Hiiiiiii aw man town has been eating you lots)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am

"I don't think you want to put up with my sadness, either," Damian attempts to joke, in a somewhat rare moment of self-awareness. "I sulk. And stomp. And... all kind of things that I don't want you to see."

(I know, I know, but I am suddenly a person now? That CELTA course /ruined/ me.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 am

"All kinds of things that I'm going to see," Colin says firmly. "If I'm yours, then you can't hide this stuff from me. I'm gonna be there through all the stomping and everything. That's how it's gonna be. If you want me then you've got me."

(snicker you are broken for internetting)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 am

"I want you," Damian confirms, thoroughly rough and heated. He doesn't even hesitate. He hears what Colin says and accepts it without pause.

(I can't even stay awake pass 5am without getting all lousy with sleep!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 am

Colin tugs him in close. "Then you've got me." (Uh how old are they here?)

(/weak/... says she who hasn't stayed up past three in months)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:39 am

"Thank you," Damian says softly, a kind of relief pouring from him that he had never experienced before.

(Pffff I don't know. 13-14? Damian at 13 and Colin at 14. Plus, Damian is a little bit of an old man, so there's that to consider. Hormones plus wanting to be older than he is, etc etc
Okay I have to get going noooooooooooow I wasted way too much time talking about Damian to Frank XD)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:49 am

Colin savours the feeling. "You're welcome. And thank /you/. For finding me," he clarifies shyly.

(adorable
aw maaaaan aw maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Sad BYYYYE HAVE FUN ♥!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:34 am

"You found me," Damian shakes his head. "I thought you were just another person at this stupid thing. I was going to ignore you. Stupid."

(I am baaaaaack I hope you are sleeping weeeeeeell)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 am

"Good thing you didn't let me leave," Colin points out.

(I slept okaaaay but the rain was so loud ten minutes ago it literally woke me up)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next