[Gotham] Ace and Jason

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Gotham] Ace and Jason

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:57 pm

So when Ace came to this sweet and sour little city, right, she expected a whole lotta resistance. She'd heard that the Bats were pretty damn territorial, and that wasn't even counting all the bad guys that jostled for the Bats' attention. Bats, cats, rats, sharks and Jokers alike, they were larger than life here in Gotham, and Ace wasn't expecting much space left for her.

But she needed to get away and make a start somewhere interesting, and there was nowhere in the continental United States as interesting as Gotham for a girl like her.

She had her mask, jeans and a leather jacket; she had a baseball bat strapped across her back; she had the grenades and explosives tucked away in every pocket and then some. She was ready for her first night out on the town, and her new place in the Bowery gave her a great start-off point.

Ace's plan for the night was to track down the working girls and have a chat about their living conditions. That'd give her an idea of what she could do to help 'em out. She also needed to look up the shelters and orphanages, make a mental map, plot out a couple of nightly routes she might mosey along, where the troublemakers could see a new presence in town and give her a go.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [Gotham] Ace and Jason

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Jason notices Ace straight away. It's his business to notice people. He doesn't get in her face - he doesn't even make himself known to her for the first few weeks. No-one shows their true colors until they're comfortable and Jason knows that.

But he does follow her on slow nights. He gets the girls to keep an eye out and an ear open. Anyone could be trouble in this town.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Ace doesn't bother anyone unless they bother her, to begin with. She's looking to make connections in this city, set down some roots and make some changes.

Anywhere she goes she tries to help out the working girls and disadvantaged kids (maybe because she was one or both), but she doesn't tell them her name or where she's from, just chats about their nights and days, and slowly expands from the Bowery to the East End, the Narrows, Crime Alley--learning the seediest parts of Gotham.

After a few weeks, she's pretty sure this is where she wants to stay. There's a lot she can do here. There's too many orphanages and group homes; there aren't enough shelters or food kitchens, and there definitely aren't enough jobs. The pimps are ham-fisted and clever, and the girls--and more than a few boys--are cynical and tired, and don't believe things'll ever change. Yeah. She can help out here.

And she's pretty sure she's being followed. That territorial thing--she hasn't been bothered, yet, but the mask does mark her out as being of interest to certain parties.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:25 pm

It takes a good month and a half before Jason confronts her. Mostly because he can see that she's starting to get twitchy. Maybe he's been a little obvious about following her. Hell, he knows he has. If he wanted to be unknown, he would be.

He follows her downtown one night, pretty sure he's being lead, and down an alley. He keeps high up, jumping silently from fire-escape to balcony to fire-escape. He's not going to make it easy for her.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Ace is pretty impressed by this guy who's jumping along after her. His feet haven't hit the ground since, like, Fourteenth Street. She's pretty sure it's a him, too--he's broad, despite being swift, and his tight pants afford her a pretty sight when he leaps above her.

The best thing about Gotham is that there's lots of places for a little private chat. And seeing as this guy doesn't seem to want to come down to the street, she'll go up to him.

Swinging herself up onto a fire escape, she starts making her way up to the sky path.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Jason pauses while he follows to watch where this chick is headed. He heads up as well, once he knows she's coming up to meet him.

He wonders if he'll need to use any weapons tonight. He doesn't /want/ a fight. But this is Gotham.

He waits for her on the roof. He makes sure he looks like he doesn't give a damn. That always pushes the more aggressive folk to show their hand.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Ace nearly laughs when she sees how 'relaxed' this guy is trying to look. The muscles, the bulky jacket and the guns seem to indicate that despite how nonchalant he looks, he really does care about the situation.

"Evening," she says.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:05 pm

"How's it going?" Jason drawls, watching the way she moves. She's confident enough, but not cocky. That's something. At least, she seems that way.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Ace lets her hands hang loose at her sides. She rarely gets very relaxed--she's more the get-up-and-move type. This is probably as good as it gets. "Just out for a walk. Nice night."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

"Uh-huh," Jason says and crosses his arms. "You've been going on walks a lot lately. Seen you around. Staying out of trouble?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm

"Look at me," Ace says, spreading her hands and gesturing to herself. She always wished she'd grow taller, but she never quite managed it. "Do I look like I could get into much trouble?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm

"The kind of people you've been talking to and the places you've been going on walks to? Sure," Jason drawls. "So how about you cut the shit and tell me right now if I have to make sure you don't do something stupid and either get yourself or someone else hurt."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Ace raises her eyebrows. "I can take care of myself. Thanks for the concern, though, Mr...?" She's been doing her research--she's got a good idea who this is. But there aren't pictures of him like there are of the Bats, so she's just operating off hearsay.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm

"Red Hood," Jason says gruffly. "And maybe I'm not so worried about just your sweet little self, Ms...?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

She nods. Just as she thought--the gun-toting vigilante thug all the girls twitter about. "Just call me Ace. I promise, Mr. Hood, sir, I'm not looking to do anything stupid." Well. Not much stupid, anyway. There might be some stupidity.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm

"Ace," Jason nods, and smirks behind the mask. "Right. Well, first? It's Red Hood or Hood. Mr. Hood is my father. Second? Either you're crazy or stupid to want to run in Gotham. And either way is gonna get you killed. Just depends on the road you're gonna take. Take this however you want? But if you go down a road I don't like, I am going to make your life hell."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Ace's who-me-I'm-innocent grin fades slightly as Jason talks. She holds Jason's gaze steadily, though. "I could say the same to you," she tells him. "I don't wanna make a fuss, but--oh, who am I kidding, I /love/ to make a fuss. Things in this city have got to change. I wanna help move things along."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Jason doesn't laugh in Ace's face, but he wants to. Bless her little socks, she thinks she'll make a difference in Gotham. "Well, little advice? Pick the right side."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm

She plonks her hands on her hips. "And which side is that, hot stuff?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm

"Can't tell you that, makes it too easy," Jason breezes. "I'll keep an eye on you. But you won't know when I'm around any more."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Ace laughs. "Sure, okay, if you say so."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Jason looks at her for a long time then starts to walk towards the edge of the roof. He looks over his shoulder before he leaves. "You should just not do this," he says seriously, the tone of his voice changing entirely. This girl is young enough, she doesn't need Gotham getting into her veins and twisting her into something nasty. "Go home. Leave Gotham."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm

What makes you think I have a home to go back to, races through Ace's mind, but she won't say that. That's not the kind of thing you say. Ever. Instead, she pulls out one of her little flash bangs, and tosses it up and down in her hand.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," she says, a lot more serious than she had been just a second before. Then she throws it up in the air and vanishes down the fire escape, riding the ladder all the way back down to the alley.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Jason's helmet protects his eyes from the brunt of the flash-bang, but he turns his head anyway. He doesn't bother to find out which way Ace goes. She's had enough of him for the night and he's pretty sure he can work on avoiding her routes for the rest of it. God, he hates being an over-bearing bastard, but it needed to be said.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:48 pm

It wouldn't be hard to track her, honestly--she's always been one for theatrics, rather than stealth. But the reason she's spent so long just walking the streets is that she's learning the place like the back of her hand, so she can blend in with the people and fade into side-streets and back alleys when she has to.

She takes the back walks all the way home, stopping off to check in with Iris and Alice and Moxie on twelfth about the night's business, then slips back inside her apartment block and curls up next to the vending machine in the lobby, because her feet are so sore she can't make it up the stairs just yet.

There Ace sits and thinks, and when she's able to get up again, she knows she's not gonna let this scare her off. Gotham's started to send its blessed protectors to warn her off, but they've been doing a crappy job and she's not going to let them run her out of town. She's here to stay.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Mostly Jason'll keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't start getting into business with drug-dealers, pimps, arms-dealers, gangsters or super-villains. Once he knows she isn't doing that - though that'll take him a good two months to be sure - he'll ease offa her.

Likely the next time they meet is by accident while chasing down someone unsavoury.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Ace leaves a lot of crime to the cops and the Bats--the big-ticket stuff, the stuff that gets in the papers, like arms dealing and super villainy. That's not the sort of shit that affects the people on the streets, the ones trying to make a living. Mostly she spends her time tracking home the pimps who beat up their girls so she can give them a run down of what's gonna happen if they keep doin' what they're doin', and the drug dealers who prey on the kids with their hearts on their sleeves.

Once she gets more confident, she'd start to get her hands dirty. If the pimps didn't listen, the baseball bat would come out--and then the explosives, in their backyards and fancy cars. The drug dealers take a bit more finesse, but if she comes across a lab, there's no telling what she might do.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 pm

After a while, Jason's going to know the look of someone who had to deal with Ace. Limping and yelling about their exploded car. As Jason, he'll walk by them and smile to himself and get on with life. As Hood - well, it's kind of like professional interest. He'll try to get information out of anyone who can give it.

How do you with they should start to get to know each other?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, we did the accidental meeting-with-masks-off with Dick and Jerel, so I'm thinking we should steer clear of that for these two. Doesn't seem much like their style, anyway. It's much better if they keep getting in each other's way--then the frustration'll start to build. Ace /won't/ be impressed if Hood stops her from dealing out justice to these assholes.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Mm, kind of not Jason's style, though? He's more than willing to let Ace break people's necks so long as they have it coming.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't mean stops as in, oh, you're doing the wrong thing, you better stop, but more like he keeps on getting in her way--his own investigations getting there before hers and him dealing out his own justice to the guy she'd been following for three goddamn weeks. Ace likes to make sure these guys know what they're being punished for--she's kind of like Dexter, in that.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:24 pm

That cracks me up. It's be like Ace busting into wherever to deal out some justice and Jason will just be standing on someone's chest and blowing their brains out and looking at her, all, "Oh hey. Ace, wasn't it?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:25 pm

And she'd just swear at him--again, really, this is like the third fucking time this week--and blow up his escape route.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Jason finds that less hilarious. She doesn't have to be a sore loser.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Hey, surely he's capable enough to have found himself another way out.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

He's not worried about getting out. She's just being a jerk.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh, come on. She's not allowed to have a little fun with him after he stole her catch?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Nope! He salutes her and shoots a line up to the roof and out a skylight before the sirens begin to sound.

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm

He is such a drama queen. Ace kind of enjoys it. For her part, she drops down through the hole she exploded in the floor, into the basement of the building. She can get out through the sewers with the help of her baseball bat, and no beat cop would dare venture down there alone.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm

He'll probably be grinning still when he gets back to the apartment to hear how Mitz's night went. And he'll get teased mercilessly for having a girlfriend.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:15 pm

That's adorbs. I get the feeling that, if this is the same kind of universe as TDKR, then Ace is great friends with Juno Temple's character. She might get some teasing as well.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Ohhhh Holly-I-mean-Jen. Let's make her a thing, she could know Snooze second-handedly.

Y'know, at some point after all the stealing of marks and blowing up of stuff, Jason's going to ask Ace out. He just is. He's going to be gruff and angry about it, because he doesn't need her pity okay so she should only say yes if she wants to, but he'll ask her out.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:23 pm

How about, after Selina let Snooze move out and get his own place, she felt herself getting lonely and made friends with Holly (we'll call her Holly 'cause lesbians are fun, and she and Ace could have a fling?).

That'll startle her. Like--on a /date/? There's no pity there, just surprise, because she can't remember the last time she went on a date. Mostly people just ask her for sex.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

That sounds lovely! (ALSO YES)

Yeah. Like a date. Fuckin' - dinner and stuff. Maybe a movie, whatever. Jason doesn't know. It's been a while for him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:31 pm

And when Holly needed a place to stay, well, Selina had an extra bedroom at her place in Oldtown, and she starts teaching Holly her tricks to help the girl survive--and Snooze does, too, since one day she could be the Catgirl to his Catlad.

Ace is pretty intrigued by the idea. Dinner and a movie? And sex, she's assuming? With masks off, all of it. Hood's being pretty bold.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next