[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:37 pm

For once.

Mitz blinks slowly. He would have flinched. Days before, even, he would have flinched. But he's gotten better and old training may have kicked in. Thaey's garrison doesn't flinch, unless spoken to by Thaey. "I - I understand," he says slowly, frowning. And he does. He hates knowing that he'll lose Snooze to time, of all things to lose someone to. "It's not. Preferable. But, Seth, you do realise that you're strong enough to make sure he never dies?"
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Once is all we've been looking for, snigger.

Seth slouches in his chair, not making eye contact with Mitz. "He'll change, if I bite him." He likes Carlisle just the way he is.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Poor everyone, dealing with Mitz's weirdness. I sometimes want to sit Snooze and Mouse down and just apologise for the boy.

Mitz is quiet for a little while. He doesn't really know how to say what he wants to - or whether he's comfortable saying what he wants to. "I think," he begins haltingly. "I, I think that he would change if Thaey bit him." He pauses, waiting for Seth to get angry at him for mentioning their sire. "...I think you would be better for him. But it's obviously up to you. And him."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 pm

They would no doubt wave it off. Sometimes they enjoy proving to Mitz that they're still here, every single morning. Heh.

Seth looks down at his hands. He's not going to get angry at Mitz for mentioning Thaey, no matter how hard they've both been trying to forget him. Some things don't go away that easy. "Mostly him. I dunno how to ask."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 pm

There must be something very rewarding to have someone SO HAPPY to see you when you wake up. Like having a puppy always pleased to have you home.

"I wish I could help," Mitz admits. "But I'm no use to you. You're much better with people than I am." He smiles a little.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 pm

That sounds just about right. Which is why, no matter if they have early or late jobs, they always try and stay in bed 'til Mitz wakes up. Just to see that happiness.

Seth scoffs. "No way. You've nabbed yourself a human who's got literal stars in his eyes when he looks at you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Happiness, definitely. With a hint of relief.

"And I assure you, I have no idea how that happened," Mitz says, shaking his head. He really can't figure out how he managed to get so lucky. It honestly doesn't make any sense to him. He doesn't question it /too/ much, because it's what he wants. But that's not to say he doesn't question it in his mind from time to time. "I pretty sure it has nothing to do with my /stellar/ people skills."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 pm

That they tend to kiss away until it's just pure happiness, and pleasure, of course.

"You musta done something right," Seth said. (I've been wondering how Seth picked up Carlisle, and I reckon I figured it out: ) He himself only managed to pick up Carlisle 'cause the hot doctor caught him stealing from the hospital blood supply, and offered himself up as a living blood bag instead.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 pm

But of course. Relief is a good feeling, though. He may not want them to kiss it away entirely.

"I fluked, but that's okay," Mitz allows. He looks at Seth for a moment. "You did something right as well. I doubt anyone would do all this just out of the kindness of their heart."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:14 pm

They'll just have to give him lots of other good feelings, too, then.

Seth shrugs, uncomfortable. "He's got a pretty big heart." Seth's just not sure that one: it's big enough for a spazzy broken vampire, or two: it's good enough to survive the change from human to vampire.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:45 pm

He assures them, they do.

Mitz sighs. He doesn't understand why Seth would feel low in the self-esteem department at all. "I love you and I love Snooze," he says, shrugging, saying it like it's not the big deal it is. It's true, though they're different kinds of love. "And I don't have a working heart. If Carlisle has such a large one, then he loves you back and it's that simple. There is no huge mystery, Seth. Promise. These are the things you do for people you love."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 am

Excellent. Very good feelings? Like comfort and security and lust?

Seth shrugs again, a little slower than before. He wants to believe Mitz but he just... "Maybe I don't want Carlisle to love me," he admits, finally. "Maybe I want him to fall in love with some unbroken human who's good for him and have a real life with them."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 am

Those and then some.

Mitz stands, which is getting much easier to do at a normal speed these days, and puts a hand on Seth's shoulder. They've got such an odd relationship, vampire-speaking. Mitz is much older, but Seth has out-ranked him for decades. "I think you deserve to have someone who loves you the way you love them," he says honestly, and a little tired. He's been saying this for a while. At least he understands not wanting to burden someone with his love. "And I think you've found that. And I /don't/ think it's very smart to make it more complicated than it needs to be."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 am

Aw yeah. Snooze feels very accomplished.

Seth leans forward hesitantly, but then presses his forehead to Mitz's stomach, hiding his face. "I don't want to fuck this up. I don't want him to become like me, all emotionally--compromised, or whatever."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:05 am

Heh. Snooze and his preening.

Mitz runs his fingers through Seth's hair slowly, soothing. "I think I understand what you mean," he says, trying to find the right words. "But you have to admit that you and I have had a long time to become the way we are. These are different circumstances. And I know you; even if you don't turn your human, you'll protect him. You won't want him broken." Like Thaey wanted us, goes unsaid.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

One AU he's gonna be a bird and actually preen. One of these AUs.

Seth nearly shudders at Mitz's fingers in his hair, but he reins it in and listens. "I want him to be happy. Could he be? If he were like us?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:21 pm

He would be the prettiest, glossiest magpie/crow thing, all huge and sleek and intense but gorgeous, ugh

Mitz licks his lips and, after a few false starts, answers. Quietly. "When I was turned, I was actually a favorite," he says, detached and vague. He might as well have been talking about someone else, or someone fictional, for all the emotion in his voice. "And I was happy. I think that it's possible to be like us and be happy. I'm working towards that theory, anyway, hopefully."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Totally pretends he's a raven all the time but he's definitely a crow, CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKERS--haha, he would be so distracted by shiny things all the time. And have an intense love affair with bread.

Seth fists his hands in Mitz's shirt. "You're happy now, right? With Snooze? We did the right thing, getting you out."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:33 pm

How to get bird!Snooze to be your friend: wear rings and buy him a loaf of bread. The fancy French stuff.

"Sometimes I don't know," Mitz admits. He doesn't really feel like starting to lie to Seth, considering all the awkward truths he's told him before. "But I think that's because - because I was, maybe still am, a little sick. ...I miss him. And I hate him. So sometimes it's hard to tell, for me. But whenever I'm with Snooze it's clear that everything you did - as /foolishly/ reckless as it was, my /god/, Seth - it was the right thing. And I am happy."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:35 pm

That's, yeah, that's pretty much /precisely/ it. That's how to get him to be your friend even if he's human, wow.

"'m glad you told me the truth," Seth says. Then he chuckles a bit. "It was a bit of a crazy plan, huh. But it worked. I think it worked /because/ it was so crazy reckless. Not how we'd been trained at all."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Aw, Snoozeybaby. You're so easy. ...I kind of felt like a really creepy lady talking to a tiny Snoozekid from slaveverse, that was weird. TINY DIRTY NOSED SNEEZE my favorite

Mitz maybe drags his fingernails over Seth's scalp harder than he should. "I could kill you for doing it," he says, sighing. Seth's got a point. There was a reason it worked. And Mitz doesn't know how Seth was trained, but if /he/ ever broke training like that he'd be rolling around in brainwashy guilt for months. "You could have died."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

He probably scowls at you.

Seth's eyes flicker closed. No one's touched him like that since Thaey. Carlisle doesn't, he's so gentle. "It would have been worth it. I couldn't watch you like that anymore."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Like I can't still love scowly street rats are you joking me

Maybe it's a sign of affection in the brood. A scratch of nails over scalp, in your space and possibly to stay distanced at the same time. "You could have gone away," Mitz says, voicing something he'd wondered for a while. Why bother saving him? He's dead weight for them now, even slightly recovered. He understands wanting to be get out, to be free, but why save the worst of them? "Taken your human and gone. You could have been long gone by now."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm

ehehehehe Snooze is all >>> : |

"You aren't listening," Seth says patiently. "I couldn't watch you like that. I couldn't leave you like that. No brother left behind."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:00 pm

WHOZA CUTESY LITTLE URCHIN

Mitz attempts to argue that point, but he honestly can't think of anyone else in the garrison but Seth who he considered his brother. Commanding officer, perhaps. But never brother. He's quiet for a moment, still carding his fingers through Seth's hair. "Thank you," he whispers, though no human would be able to hear him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 pm

not him, grumblegrump

Seth slides his arms around Mitz's middle. "Any time." Mitz was the one who taught Seth how to be a vampire, a real one, and how to please Thaey and their other senior officers and not draw anyone's wrath. Mitz taught him how to fight. Mitz kept him alive. This was the absolute least Seth could do in return.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:09 pm

sweetest thing
which actually makes me want, like, and Arabian nights-feel AU with Damian as a prince and Snooze as a pauper, but that is just my brain kicking into NaNo mode --- which I should have been doing already, whoops. OH WELL.

Mitz lets him hold on. He likes it, really. And even after he tried to break that tie to Seth, they'd been close. They couldn't be anything other than close. Not in love, but loving. It might look a little suspect to anyone else, though.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:12 pm

shaddap
that is a very, very pretty thought, I enjoy that thought, and they stumble into each other one day in the bazaar and maybe Snooze hides Damian from an assassin or something--also tell me about it, it's already 2pm and I haven't written a word, I am still debating whether I want to do it this year.

Probably would. But to them, it's an affirmation of being closer than brothers. They would lay down their lives for each other in a heartbeat.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:17 pm

nevah
Damian getting hidden from an assassin is hilarious to me, but it's an interesting perversion on his character and I like it. Also, pfff. I mean to write an article for NaNo this time, I think. No-one voiced any interest in me doing anything else so that is what I am going to do. It is entitled: Jason Todd, or, If You Can't Take the Boy Out of the Fight, Take the Fight Out of the Boy.

Without a shadow of a doubt, yes. Even more so now than before.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

>>> : |
I like the idea of Damian being all 'no lemme go I can take him on lemme go' and Snooze just drags him to hide in a pile of rugs and baskets.
oh baby darling cakes. You should do what you want to do for NaNo anyway. Are you going to get 50k words out of that?

A sacred bond. Their own little coven.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 am

hahahaha
Cute little bastards, probably literally. And, no, I don't think I'll get 50k, but I changed to goal to 20k since it's the summer and I have to get a bunch of work done for getting into college, still.

If it were possible, Mitz would like that to be a thing. He would gladly follow Seth.
(I actually figure Mitz is pretty powerful, what with the witchiness and everything. But he's been punished for centuries for being a pacifist, so he's probably forgotten that he could be powerful or leaderly. He just defers to Seth automatically.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:42 am

That is a good plan. 20k Jason Todd essaaaaaaaaaaay, that sounds so damn beautiful. I think I am going to try writing short stories?????

Seth would probably be weirded out being followed.
(Seth is the best at the rash decisions! But with the plotting and planning for anything detailed, he probably draws Mitz into it and Mitz ends up planning the whole thing without realising. Seth can carry it out. He's just--well, he's a pretty normal thinker, compared to brilliant Mitz and brilliant Carlisle.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 am

????? about what ??????

Mitz is aware of that being a possibility, yes.
(So Mitz doesn't like it when Seth puts himself down, even a small amount, apparently.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:48 am

SPACE and PEOPLE IN SPACE I have been playing with the idea of generation ships for a while and I managed to worldbuild this whole thing in my head so I figure Camp NaNo lets me break the rules anyway, I may as well try writing short stories even though I have never ever been any good at them, and romances, even though I have never ever been any good at those either.

But if it's what Mitz wants--there's absolutely no way Seth is leaving Mitz. So they are a coven, even if they're a pair. And if Mitz wants Seth to be the defacto leader, then he can be that, even if there's no decisions to be made.
(Aw, that means he really likes Seth, aw, thanks Mitz.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 am

Noc we have been writing romances for four years, I think you might be pretty good at them XD But yay! That sounds interesting.

Mitz doesn't see how Seth couldn't be the leader.
(don't aw at him he is a not very powerful vampire -- actually do what you like he can't stop you)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 am

That is when I am writing with someone /else/ when it is just me I am all wooden and terrible and I /cannot write women for shit/. But hopefully it will work out and I will exercise writing muscles I have not exercised in ages and I will maybe find out I am great at writing romance short stories, pff.

Seth is rash, and inexperienced. He's great at making friends but bad at making allies. And he really doesn't care about physical posturing and domination or whatever.
(can I nuzzle)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:09 am

I think that is something that you will definitely discover if you let yourself~ I think you are very good when writing yourself, but there you go.

Mitz doesn't see how any of that should stop him from being leader. He's the most powerful, he's higher ranked and he's the most healthy. So he's leader. It makes perfect sense.
(sigh he supposes but he doesn't understand why but he can't really stop you)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:11 am

Aw, thank you, that is the best thing, I am all blushy now. You need to stop. But seriously I have trouble with short stories, I always try to make them way too complicated. Same with romances, I always add in other stuff. I need to stop.

Mitz is way more powerful than Seth is. And there's no rank, not when there's just the two of them. But Seth is more healthy right now. That's because he hasn't been through everything Mitz has been through.
(*tiny tentative nuzzlehug*)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 am

Eh, you just need to listen to yourself when you say stop XD I don't do enough, I think, on both those things. If we mush up together we will make someone who writes the way we want to!

Mitz looks at him blankly. Seth is honestly comparing himself to Mitz? There's no competition. And it's a no-brainer. Mitz is no leader, he's barely a person.
(awkward back pat)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:20 am

Yessssssss. To be fair, that is basically what we have been doing the last couple of years!

Seth doesn't think that's true at all. And he would follow Mitz in a heartbeat--well, if they had heartbeats. Mitz is a brilliant strategic thinker, he's compassionate and he's seen so much in his time that he'd never not know what to do.
(awwww)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:28 am

Well this is also true, yes.

Mitz looks at Seth like he's gone crazy. He's seen so much but as a doorstop. Like, literally, his rank and title was 'doorstop' for twenty full years. Being away from their sire doesn't magically grant Mitz the ability to lead or be good at anything. Seth is different, Seth is a good person who cares about his people. Who does he have right now, Mitz and Carlisle -- and Snooze and Mouse by extension. And he cares about them. So he will be a fine leader, even a good one if he lets himself.
(nnnnone of that)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 am

Just smushing together all of our writing styles to create a better story. It's worked out pretty well. Think of all the hours we've sunk.

Seth wouldn't be able to do any of it without Mitz, though. Yeah, he does care, and he can make decisions if he has to, and he can take care of them. He wants to, even. But he needs Mitz. He'd crash and burn without him. Mitz is his brain and his eyes and his rock.
(but the awkward patting, it was nice)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:01 am

I do, regularly. I really miss the mashed-up-edness sometimes, but I think we've gotten a hell of a lot better in some ways because of doing it.

Mitz softens a little. He doesn't mean to leave Seth alone in anything.
(okay but sh Mitz is awkward enough)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 am

I agree. We have all picked up bits of each other. It's nice. And during NaNothings we get the chance to experiment on our owns again, I guess.

Good. 'Cause Seth won't be much of a leader if Mitz isn't around.
(but awww adorable)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 am

That is a thing that is true! I think at some point I would like to write again like we did for slaveverse, but maybe when we've all got the time to do it.

They wouldn't be much of a coven without each other.
(nnnnnoooo)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content