[HDM/Z!Doctor] Troubles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HDM/Z!Doctor] Troubles

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 13, 2013 12:49 am

Just as they knew it would be, returning to school is difficult for Snooze and Cadara.

It's been wonderful, to have a break from other people. They had finally relaxed around the Doctor, and started to forget Mitz and Mouse and Thad and their daemons, and the Doctor had proposed his travelling plans...! Snooze had started to finally settle in.

And then they had to return to school. The first afternoon Snooze comes home (home!), he actually /slams/ through the front door, sprinting up to his room in a desperate attempt to get past the Doctor and Essene and not be asked any questions.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [HDM/Z!Doctor] Troubles

Post by freosan on Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm

The Doctor is in his library, looking for a reference, when he hears Snooze thunder up the stairs. Essene bounds out to greet Cadara, and the Doctor's not far behind, catching Snooze on his way to the third floor. "What's the hurry?" he asks. Snooze doesn't look like someone who's had a good day.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Snooze pulls his limbs in on himself so the Doctor can't grab him or anything. "I don't want to talk about it," he spits out, and makes for his room. He needs a door between him and the world so he can rage in peace.

Cadara, on the other hand, has been missing Essene's easy friendship like crazy all day, and she stops and turns. Her posture is downtrodden, saddened, but her tail twitches hopefully as she inches towards Essene.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun May 19, 2013 4:42 am

Essene steps forward carefully and reaches out to touch her nose to Cadara's, her tail dropping as she takes in how upset her friends are. "Are you both alright?" she asks, quietly.

The Doctor follows Snooze until he has to stop, with Cadara still down on the landing. "Snooze, come sit with me. You don't have to talk about it, but you'll feel better if you do." The absolute last thing he wants to do is let Snooze go off by himself looking like this.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu May 23, 2013 6:01 pm

Snooze struggles at the top of the stairs, trying to--pull Cadara with him. But she refuses to move, because Essene's comfort is so welcome. Cadara shakes her head at Essene, and says softly, "Bad day at school." She welcomes the little nose touch, making herself smaller, closer to Essene's size.

His teeth clenched, Snooze turns his back on his daemon and the Doctor and presses his forehead to the wall. He's within seconds of crumbling down to sit on the stairs. He needs to be alone, he needs his privacy, he can't let the Doctor see him like this--all weak, and useless. "I don't want to talk about it," he grits out.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri May 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Essene slides her face along Cadara's and rests her chin on the cat's shoulder in a doggy hug. "I'm sorry."

The Doctor puts a hand on Snooze's shoulder. "Then you don't have to. Come down, please. I made sandwiches. You know how hard that is for me," he jokes weakly. He doesn't know how to help Snooze except to keep watch over him and not let him sulk. Hovering is just how he shows he cares.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue May 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Cadara rubs her cheek against Essene's shoulder. "Thank you."

Snooze is tense under the Doctor's hand, at first. But when the Doctor makes that weak-ass attempt at a joke, and--though he shouldn't admit it, the shuddering warmth of Essene's affection for Cadara--he can't help but exhale and relax, a little.
"All right. I--I'll come down. You didn't have to make food. Thank you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu May 30, 2013 2:12 pm

The Doctor waves the thanks off. "Nonsense, of course I did. You can't be cooking for an old man all the time when you have school to get through. Down to the kitchen with us, there will be tea." He leads the way down the stairs and Essene falls into step next to him, rubbing against his leg and grinning back at Cadara.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Snooze wavers for a moment, but the mention of tea--sweet tea warming up his insides--sounds wonderful, and Cadara is already pulling at him anyway. He gives in and follows everyone down the stairs... and carefully toes off his shoes at the door like he should have when he came in, before entering the kitchen.

Cadara presses against Snooze's leg once they're on proper ground and not stairs, butting her head under his hand. Snooze buries his fingers in the soft fur between her ears, and she purrs, satisfied, her tail swishing back and forth as she stakes out his seat in the kitchen.

Snooze pulls his legs up under him when he sits at the kitchen chair, still too defensive to be relaxed.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top