Damian's 17th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Damian's 17th

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:42 pm

It was Damian's seventeenth birthday.

He wasn't expecting all that much, to be honest. They didn't have the time for celebrations, since the mob started dealing on the sly again. Most nights were spent on stake-outs or planning stake-outs. Most days were spent sleeping. That was how Damian liked it, he supposed. That's what he knows best.

In the morning, Grayson smiles widely and puts a plate of scrambled eggs in front of Damian. "Happy birthday, little d," he beams. "I've got something planned for you for later, but you have to wait."

"Unless it's a pet cat, I won't want to know," Damian replies dully and pokes at the eggs with his fork. They are most likely drenched in butter and salts. Grayson cooks like an American most of the time. It's disappointing. And high in cholesterol.

"This'll be better than a cat, I promise."

Todd walks in wearing only boxer shorts and showing off his ridiculous amount of body hair like it isn't disgusting. Damian rolls his eyes. "Hey, princeling," he says, voice rough with sleep and probably the morning cigarette he sneaks after Grayson gets up - they can all smell it. They just don't mention it. Tentative, unspoken agreement. "Happy birthday. You want me to blow you or fuck you tonight?"

"Excuse me?!" Damian blinks at him. Todd grins.

"What? You think you're gonna turn seventeen and I'm not gonna try to open your eyes sexually?"

"Jason," Dick warns. He looks frustrated, but not angry. Interesting.

"Dickie," Jason says back, in the same tone. He turns to Damian. "What? How am I the bad guy, here? Let's just talk about it, baby bat. What are you even into? You gotta know. You're seventeen. You've probably known since you were fourteen. C'mon, tell your favorite deviant every little detail. Dick, get out of here, he's not gonna spill with you around."

"Is this what you had planned for tonight, Grayson?" Damian makes an educated guess. Dick shrugs, smiling modestly. Damian frowns. "Hn."

"You don't sound too interested, Dami," Dick says, a little put out. "Which is fine! That's fine. We just figured - well, there's trust here. We can do whatever and it'll be just fine. Whatever you want."

"I won't want anything that you do," Damian says, reasonably enough, and gets up to make some coffee. "Trust me. I appreciate the offer, of course, but I'm just fine without any - deviancy."

"Don't lie, Wayne," Jason says, gesturing for Damian to make him a cup while he's at it. Damian pours more coffee into the compartment and sits back down. The gurgling of the machine makes him feel somewhat better.

"I am not lying," he replies. "I'm just - oh, how would you put it. I'm not buying what you're selling, Todd."

Jason stills and raises an eyebrow. He bares his teeth before easing into a dangerous kind of smile. "Who says I'm selling, gremlin?"

"Okay," Dick waves an arm between them, frowning and hoping to break up the fight before it starts. "Okay, calm the hell down. So what if little d doesn't want to do anything? That's fine. Some people don't and that's just fine. I mean, I'm pretty sure --"

"I like sex, Grayson," Damian clarifies, before he starts hurting himself; talking around in circles to try to make Damian feel better. "I just don't like the kind of sex you two have. I really do not see why this is so difficult to grasp. But it's perfectly alright if you need some time to come to grips with that."

"Stop being a little shit," Jason snaps, getting off the stool to grab his own plate of eggs. "All that fuckin' holier than thou bullshit. What d'you even mean, you don't like the sex we have. We have normal fucking sex."

"No, you don't."

"No, we don't," Dick agrees in the same breath. "There's usually knives and ropes and chains and sometimes more than that, little wing. Dami's got a point. We have weird sex."

"Yeah, but weird sex is normal. Everyone has weird sex."

"No, they don't," Damian sighs. "Not everyone. Not - not me. I just." He frowns, disappointed in himself for not being able to say composed during this discussion. In all fairness, he knew it was coming. He should have known it was coming for his birthday breakfast. "That isn't to say I haven't tried to have the kind of sex you have. But nothing happens. So what's the point? Sit around with a limp prick feeling bad about myself for not wanting to hurt someone, for once? I just think that maybe - maybe sex is important. It should mean something. You should, you should feel more than just - control or lack of it." He looks at his salty, buttery eggs for a moment while that statement hangs in the air.

"He's vanilla," comes Todd's voice, gobsmacked.

"Had to happen to one of us," Grayson says, reasonable but amused.

Damian looks up. No-one's frustrated or angry; even Jason has calmed down. They look - fond. Understanding. Amused, yes, thoroughly. But they don't seem as though they're going to laugh at Damian at all. He frowns at them, confused, and goes to get the freshly-brewed coffee.

"Tell me what you're planning," he demands, pouring out two mugs. Jason smiles, lopsided and charming. He says nothing. The glint in his eyes is worrying.

"Nah, Dami," Dick says, moving over to him to kiss his cheek. It's warm and soft and it makes Damian's stomach flip. Bollocks, that's not a good sign at all. "Like I said; it's a surprise for later. Eat your breakfast."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Damian's 17th

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 pm

rfjaeiofnalkdmsaccgorisapdfafmslalsas

Well. That was completely and utterly adorable, fuck. Damian just being so frustrated and a bit resigned and no one's ever going to understand me, augh, /stop it/. But his brothers always want to take such good care of him, they want to give him what he wants, they just don't know /what/ he wants, they just assume he wants the same things they do--right down to the stupidly unhealthy eggs. Ugh. Stop.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: Damian's 17th

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm

THEY JUST CARE SO MUCH and BatCare is frightening
sinistra_blache