[Snoozevamp] The Wedding

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Snoozevamp] The Wedding

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:52 pm

It took months to organise the wedding.

At least Snooze had the money, saved up over literally centuries, to pay for the venue and accommodation for the entire wedding party. Then there were suits to buy--Seth had them tailor-made--and flowers to order--the Wildcat's artistic tendencies came in helpful--and chairs and tables and music to hire. They needed someone to officiate, and they needed cars suitable for vampires, and they had to apply for their marriage license at least a month before the date.

They needed to ask the permission of the Ulfric, Master of the City and Slayer of New York for their wedding party to cross the city limits and stay a few nights. Thad needed to fly international, vampire-style, and Asher through more states than most of the rest.

And Mitz's parents had to be invited.

Snooze tugged nervously at his jacket as he got out of the car. They'd left as the sun had set so as to arrive at the Stillhavens' at a reasonable time. He glanced at Mitz. "How long has it been since you have been back here?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] The Wedding

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Mitz stands beside the car, takes a deep breath, and looks up at the Stillhaven household. "Been back here? Years. Maybe just after I moved for college? I remember travelling back for holidays and then not doing it again," Mitz fiddles with the collar of his shirt. "The last time I saw them was at graduation. The last time I talked to them was last week."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Snooze comes around the car and holds out his hand to Mitz. "They want to see you. And I am here. Everything will be all right."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Mitz takes his hand and smiles. The smile may be a little patronising, but only because Snooze doesn't know about his parents yet. "They want to see me so they can judge me. And you're fresh meat. All new levels of judging," he waves his free hand in mock celebration. His tone is jubilant in a very bitter way, but he still walks them up the driveway to the house.
"I'm glad you're here, though," he says quietly. "I don't think I would do very well with telling them without you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:53 pm

"We are going to be married," Snooze says, smiling at Mitz. "Together in all things, from then out. I am just practicing," he teases lightly.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Mitz walks them up to the door and turns Snooze to face him. He straightens Snooze's shirt absently. "You're going to be awesome," he says. "I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about--"

From behind the door, the shrill voice of his mother calls out to them.

"Junior, for pity's sake, will you open the front door," she calls out and for anything in the world sounds like she's in a rush and they're the one's making her late. There is a soft 'shushing' noise as well, but she seems to ignore it. "We know you're out there and I can't imagine what you're waiting for."

Mitz tilts his head at Snooze and smiles apologetically. I'm worried about that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm

"I love you," Snooze says, and flicks his fingers through Mitz's hair, fixing it. We can always walk out if it gets too bad.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm

"I love you too," Mitz presses his forehead against Snooze's. "And if they're as smart as they're supposed to be, they'll love you too." Don't count on it or anything, though. Mitz pushes the door open, since it's unlocked. It's always unlocked. No-one would bother to steal from the Stillhavens. None of them sleep like normal people.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Snooze catches Mitz's wrist as he goes inside. "I have to be invited by a member of the household, remember."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 pm

Mitz nods. "Mother," he calls in. "I realise that you would rather wait for us to come in on your terms, but could you break with tradition just this once and be polite so that we can actually come inside?" He waits, but gets no response. Mitz is just about to give inviting Snooze in a try, though he doesn't think it would work, when his father comes from the dining room. He's shaking his head.

"Sorry, my apologies, sorry," he says quickly. Quicker than Mitz, even, when he's nervous. "We forgot about the - formalities." He extends his hand to Snooze and smiles warmly. "Come on in, Snooze," he says. He glances at Mitz as if to ask if that went okay, but ends up dropping his jaw in shock. "Junior, is that you in there? Jerel said something about you putting on some muscle, but this..."

Mitz comes in and shrugs off his coat. "Comes with the territory, dad." He smiles at his and Snooze shaking hands.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Snooze steps inside and shakes Jacob's hand, then smiles at Mitz. He's clean forgotten just how much more developed Mitz is compared to when they first met. He'd been a slim dancer, then; now he was a fighter, a leader, strong and proud.

You are gorgeous. He can't help himself; he has to say it every time he realises just how amazing his fiancé is. "It is nice to meet you, Mr. Stillhaven. You have a lovely home." He considers saying that he can see the resemblance, but he's not sure if he can, really.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Stop. If I blush for seemingly no reason, they'll start asking questions. Mitz smiles a little wider at Snooze.

While Mitz takes Snooze's jacket, his father keeps the conversation going. "Please, call me Jacob," he stands to the side so they can make their way to the dining room. "I wasn't sure if it'd be polite to go ahead with dinner, but my wife convinced me otherwise. We ordered in," he mutters to Mitz, who looks a little confused at the thought of dinner on the table in this house. Mitz relaxes, as there's nothing amiss. Jacob turns his attentions to Snooze. "I hope that's okay? We've never had a vampire to dinner, you see. Junior did tell us not to get any blood in from outside sources, but that's about all he told us."

I told them that we'll have it taken care of, Mitz tells Snooze, exasperated. They make it out like I was all mysterious about it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:32 pm

"Thank you, Jacob. It is fine, of course," Snooze assures Jacob. "I cook dinner for Mitz all the time. I sit and have a drink while he eats; we use the time to converse." Older generations who are not used to vampires do think of it as mysterious, sometimes.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:40 pm

"I admit to never really thinking that hard on dinner before," Jacob says to Snooze, almost conspiratorially. "It's not a thing that this house has ever worried about. Though there was that summer where we tried to fatten you up, d'you remember that, Junior?" Mitz groans behind them, but says nothing. That's their plan, Snooze. They're going to get you on their side by pretending to be bumbling, clueless fools and then BAM. ...something'll happen, Mitz's tone is joking, however.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Snooze grins at the thought of trying to fatten Mitz up. "I am willing to bet large sums of money that he gained barely any weight at all. His appetite these days is much--healthier, however. Keeping him fed has done wonders for re-awakening my cooking skills." Keep an eye out for any hidden cameras or such, then.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 pm

"My eating habits, past or present, is kind of the last thing I thought you guys would be bonding over," Mitz grumbles lightly. No, don't worry about hidden cameras. Worry about her.

Helen is sitting at the head of the table. She's wearing a goldish, tasteful-in-some-ways skirt suit ensemble and is smiling thinly at Jacob, Snooze and Mitz as they walk in. She doesn't say anything, but her eyes scan over all of them before standing up to take Snooze's hand.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 pm

"You know how much I like to discuss cooking." Snooze smiles at him. Then they enter the room, and he straightens a bit under the eyes of the new woman.

She looks prim and proper, is what he thinks, and then he's stepping forward to shake her hand firmly. "You must be Mrs. Stillhaven. It is nice to meet you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 pm

"I must be," Helen smiles a little more. Mitz is reminded of Lamias. "It's nice to finally meet you, Snooze. Please sit right next to me, I want to have a nice talk while you're here."

"Mother," Mitz mutters after nodding a hello. "Be nice. Please."

"Of course I will, Junior," she answers dismissively and pats the seat on the chair next to her at Snooze. Mitz leaves with his father towards the kitchen. I'm gonna bleed out some for your dinner and bring it in. I'll use a glass. Hopefully I won't scare dad to death. You want I should take a few quick shots of whiskey to make this easier? You're totally welcome to attack her if you wanna.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Snooze manages to keep his laughter on the inside as he takes his seat next to Helen. No alcohol, please. I would prefer to be in control--and besides, I have to drive. "You raised a wonderful son," he takes the opportunity to say before Helen can get anything in. "I love him very much."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:19 pm

Helen keeps her thin smile on her face. "I'm glad you think so," she says pleasantly. "I'll get right down to it, yes? I want to know that your intentions are pure. Junior is," Helen searches for the word. "Delicate, emotionally speaking. If you have any intention of using my son then I suggest you tell me right now. You're welcome to lie to me, of course, and I wouldn't blame you. But rest assured, I will find some way to get to you and tear your world apart if you do." She's still smiling, her tone is still pleasant.

Mitz, for what it's worth, hears everything anyway. Jacob doesn't. Even if Mitz didn't have superhearing then he would have through Snooze. His only response to all that is Ho-lee hell.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Snooze raises his eyebrows. From what you said about your parents, your mother is the last person I expected to get this talk from. "My intentions towards your son are, firstly, the business of myself and your son, and secondly, entirely pure. He is my best friend, my lover and my husband-to-be. He is my entire world; if I hurt him, I would have no world left for you to tear apart."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Look, I'm as surprised as you are. Helen sits back in her chair and sips her white wine, obviously satisfied. "Very good. That's all I needed to know. I'm also pleased to note that a centuries old vampire doesn't shy away from a little straight talking."

Mitz comes in with Snooze's blood in a nice glass and sets it down in front of him. He addresses Helen. "Mother, were you just threatening Snooze?"

"Only a smidge, Junior."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Snooze raises his hand to touch Mitz's forearm in thanks. "I have never seen the point in talking around an issue as important as this. I think you are worth threats, love."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Mitz leans over to kiss Snooze on the cheek and slides into the chair beside him. Jacob starts to bring out the dinner he has arranged on the nicest dinnerware the Stillhavens have.

"Are you always this nice?" Mitz asks his mother. He doesn't bother with pleasantries or beating around the bush like he usually does. It may be a result of being linked to Snooze or being Ulfric, he doesn't care to think about it. It goes down pretty well with Helen.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Junior," she says, and flicks out her napkin to put on her lap.

Mitz leans in to mutter to Snooze. "She's scared off so many of Jerel's prospective girlfriends we've both lost count," he says. "Even Mouse can't -"

"That girl couldn't handle a little bit of truth," Helen interrupts. "And Jeremiah's 'girlfriends' were never good enough."

"Let's eat!" Jacob announces once he's placed all the food for everyone, happily, like no-one had said anything. He doesn't show any stress on his face. This is a relatively normal conversation for them.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 pm

"'That girl' deserves some respect, please, Mrs. Stillhaven," Snooze says mildly as he sips his blood. Did your father freak out at your blood-letting.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:33 pm

Helen raises an eyebrow at Snooze. "That remains to be seen," is all she says, then starts eating. Mitz tenses up something awful. He always wants to start yelling at his mother when she starts going on about Mouse. Nah, I went out to the back room to avoid any dramatics. He's in a good mood. Don't want to ruin that for him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Snooze sends a burst of warmth and comfort Mitz's way; he knows Mitz hates disrespect towards Mouse, and he's pleased Mitz and his father are getting along.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Mitz holds Snooze's hand underneath the table. Helen looks at them both for a long moment. At the other side of the table, Jacob makes a very pleased noise at the quality of food they're eating. Just when Mitz is about to say something, opening his mouth, Helen speaks.

"Are you going to tell us of your upcoming nuptials?"

Mitz fights through his frustration. He knows that Snooze told her earlier, and that she probably would have had it worked out anyway, but she always has to prove that she's /so smart/.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Snooze rubs his thumb over Mitz's knuckles. "What is it you would like to know, Mrs. Stillhaven?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 pm

Helen considers this while she chews. "When is the ceremony taking place and how much money do you need?"

Mitz can't handle it any longer. He splutters. "/Mother/! We haven't been here for longer than an hour, and you're already skipping to the end and assuming we're only here to get money from you."

Helen shrugs and gestures to them to answer her questions, taking another forkful of dinner.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Snooze sighs. "We will not need any of your money. Thank you for the offer." Though it was hardly that. "We are more than able to pay for the wedding ourselves. As for the date--that will depend largely on our current diplomatic negotiations with the leaders of the city of New York."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:05 pm

"If you don't need the money and you don't know when the date is, then why are you here?" Helen looks, for the first time in Mitz's life, honestly confused. He takes a second to appreciate that.

"We came to invite you both to the wedding," he says quietly. He sounds confident and brave and like this isn't driving him to distraction with nervousness, but his grip on Snooze's hand would've probably broken mortal bones.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Snooze catches the look on Jacob's face--surprised and pleased and longing. He decides to show some kindness. "Mitz has not stopped talking about inviting you since we became engaged." You did mention it several times, at least.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Because I was terrified! He nods, though. "True enough. ...Mother, please stop looking at me like I'm a complete stranger."

"Forgive me for not expecting this," Helen replies mildly, sarcastically. She's about to say something else, but Jacob interrupts her. He possibly does it on purpose.

"We'd be delighted to attend."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:14 pm

"Wonderful," Snooze says. "Thank you, Jacob." He honestly smiles at him. He was expecting some more hesitation--maybe for Jacob to be more whipped by Helen. But now, maybe, he's beginning to see the man's resemblance to Jerel, if not Mitz.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Helen raises her hand. "Wait. Do you want your father there, or both of us?" Mitz feels like thunking his head against the table.

"Look," he says eventually. "I would just like to be able to have my whole family, happy for me, at my wedding. Jerel's going, dad looks like he's up for it. And I'm not about to ask you to pretend to be happy for me or anything," Mitz swallows, hard. "But if you are then the invitation's there."

Helen watches him for a very long moment after that speech, then turns her attention to Snooze as if expecting him to make an argument as well.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Snooze looks at her for a long moment, almost a battle of wills. Then he says, "My own family is over two hundred years' dead. I would give almost anything to have them present at our wedding. It is an important occasion."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Helen look at them both in silence. "I will be there," she says simply. She pushes her meal away from her as though finished. "I simply don't see how this is actually your wish, Junior," her eyes narrow. "If this is some misguided and, frankly, idiotic attempt to get your brother and I on better terms -"

"I have no wish to end my life that quickly," Mitz answers, rolling his eyes. "I just - I just want my mom there." He looks away, embarrassed. Boy, do I not feel like a wolf king right now. Kind of want to crawl into a hole and try to forget about my dumb family right now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:38 pm

"Jerel will be busy with the duties of Mitz's best man on the day of the wedding, in any case," Snooze interjects, pushing as much love and comfort as he can towards Mitz. He just wants to pull Mitz into his arms and kiss him until he stops feeling so awful.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Mitz kind of feels better just to have Snooze push those feelings at him. He leans into Snooze, unashamed. Helen nods. "I'm simply making sure I know all the details," she says.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Snooze wraps his arm around Mitz's shoulders, pressing a kiss to his temple. "We will send out proper invitations once we settle on dates and the venue. Will you acquire your own accommodation, or would you prefer to stay with the wedding party?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Helen shrugs and picks up her plate. She heads out to the kitchen. Jacob watches her go and cocks his head. "Sorry. You know how your mother is, Junior," he says. Mitz nods miserably. "We'd be delighted to stay with the wedding party, don't you mind her. New York, huh?" He blinks. "Of course, right, you're both men. Didn't even think of that," he frowns.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

"New York also recently passed legislation allowing vampires and humans to marry," Snooze explains. "Also... well, New York is quite beautiful, and it will be nice to get away for a few days. Really make a celebration of it, yes?" he says this last part to Mitz.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Mitz sighs happily, love-drunk, in response. Jacob smiles at them both. "I'll go check on your mother," he says to Mitz, meaning to give them some time alone for a moment. "I'll be back with dessert, with or without her."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Snooze waits until Jacob has left the room, then moves his seat across and kisses Mitz thoroughly, thumb running over his pulse point. This is going better than we thought it would. Be happy. They are coming to the wedding. Your father is very pleasant.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next