[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Mitz grins brightly and kisses Snooze on the cheek before he darts after Jerel.
Oh. Mitz curls into Snooze, unable to stop smiling. Thank you.

Well, Harry shrugs. It was a special occasion, wasn't it? Might as well work through a whole bottle of finely aged scotch. Lucy gives her husband an openly disagreeing look, but he's too busy talking to notice.
Was he always like that?
Harry growls under his breath, clenching and unclenching his fists almost mechanically. That may not have been his intention. He may have wanted to /share/. But he -- Harry grits his teeth. Has it ever occurred to Ian that he hasn't seen Harry kiss his wife in front of him since their wedding? Harry didn't share photographs of their honeymoon, and he notices Ian's never asked to see them. Harry isn't ashamed of his life, but he has no intention of driving home a knife when the wound already has the tendency to bleed. Ian, on the other hand, is more than willing to do that. And seems to think that Harry has no consideration for what he might be feeling. That he thinks of Ian only as an uncaring, desperate slut - /while/ Ian ignores actual advice. But, no, go ahead. Make Harry feel like the bastard he is. Go right ahead.

'better get in some new ones who don't know any better'?
Yeeeeaaah the whole cool bathroom tile kind of comfort leaves pretty quickly when you can see your breath in the warm part of the house.
I got to bed. And promptly started coughing. I'm sleeping now. Goodnight the Noc, I hope you sleep nicely and stresslessly when you do~ <333
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Snooze smiles and goes to find the hair clippers. Jerel is just chillin' by the door, waiting for Mitz.
Snooze rumbles softly underneath Mitz. Mitz is so very welcome.

Ian tips his head almost fully to the side. Was it a special occasion?
Oh, yes. Ian never knew how he did it. He'd know what happened in all of Ian's and John's and James' classes even when they'd slept through them.
There's no /knife/, Harry. Ian didn't ask to see photos of the honeymoon because he thought that was private. His own photos--most of them were just of the /places/, Harry. The places they said they'd go. And since Harry can't go, because he loves his job and his wife and his daughter, Ian brought them to him, a little piece, anyway. Yes, he heard Harry's advice. Get a dog. Come visit more often. Yes, he wants to watch an animal grow old and die in a tenth of his own lifespan; he wants to visit here and make Lucy /and/ Harry upset. He's not going to ruin their lives because he doesn't have one of his own. Despite what Harry may think, Ian /does/ care.

Exactly. Hm, I wonder what the problem might be.
Eugh. Yeah. It also dies away when you have to peel yourself off the floor and you can see your sweat imprint on the tiles. Gross.
I WISH YOU SWEET SOOTHING SLEEP goodniiiiiiiiight &hearts;!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am

Mitz is just about keeping tabs on the smile that's threatening to take over when he makes it to the door.
Mitz stays there, unmoving, enjoying Snooze's heat and breathing for a while. Hey Snooze? Can they go soon? Mitz likes this, but he kind of thinks he might like it better in a bed with his own music and stuff?

Harry frowns, thinking. No idea, he finally says. But there was a reason. Must've been a special occasion.
Lucy smiles a little. That sounds so like him. She would have loved to have known him then. He won't tell her about school, she confides. He thinks she's trying to find out about Ian.
He doesn't ruin their lives! Why would he think that he does? Lucy looks forward to Ian's visits, Sally adores him, Harry likes having his friend around. The pictures, Harry bites out, and the stories and the people? Harry's problem with all that? It's Ian's kindness. Including him on the dreams and plans that he made right along with Ian, for just as long as he did. Harry takes a calming breath, though he still speaks in a clipped tone. The path he took went in the opposite direction of those plans. That doesn't mean that he dislikes the path, but he is /allowed/ to feel some amount of longing for something he cannot have. He has tried, Ian will notice, to not hold that against Ian. Harry extends his hand and puts it on Ian's shoulder. He knows, he /knows/ that Ian cares. He does not think that Ian explores the possibility of Harry caring. He wants to share just as much as Ian does.

Dunno!
ugh shut up I wish I was super warm right now
I slept a lot and woke up to an empty cold house so I made soup and banana bread the end
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am

Is it safe to talk, Jerel whispers exaggeratedly.
That sounds really good. As soon as they feel like standing up, they can go. There's no one else here that Snooze wants to talk to or see.

Ian waves his hand. He's sure it was. They did have a whole bottle, after all.
Ian nods slowly. Almost all of their stories, either one of them, would be at least including the other. They were best friends from the moment they met.
The photos and stories are the only way Ian can give Harry those experiences he won't let himself have. He has duties--responsibilities. Ian understands that. But Ian's always hated Harry longing for something Ian can give him. Even when it was only half a sandwich or half a beer. And--even after all these years, Harry is /tortured/ whenever Ian's around, and Lucy is jealous, and it'll only be so long before Sally picks up on it and she gets upset, too.

Might be money! Possibly, could be. Nah, of course not. That's stupid.
Nngh all I want is to wrap a comfy blanket around me but they all stick to me eeeeugh
BANANANANANANANA BREAD aw yis
(I have been reading Dragonriders of Pern crossover fics all morning and god help me I want to play in that 'verse again, can we? Even though you and me don't really know the rules?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 am

Mitz laughs and nods. Yeah, should be alright. So long as they don't end up in a slapfight.
Okay. Mitz is ready to go when Snooze is. He settles, completely comfortable with leaving the decision to Snooze.

It was something. Harry nods at Lucy, trying to be convincing. It was something. (he nearly called Ian 'love'. I just remembered that.)
You know, under different circumstances, Lucy would have adored their story. It's very sweet.
Oh, Harry isn't tortured, don't be so melodramatic. Harry scowls. If he intends on never coming back, on cutting ties, then do so. It is his right to choose that. But it will not be because he isn't welcome in Harry's home, and he will not hear that as an excuse.

Who knows! Everyone always has a problem, anyway.
*sends cool/cold stormy winds your way*
It's my first time making banana bread! It's lovely.
(Iiiiii would love to /read/ a bunch of new Pern stuff, but I don't trust my knowledge of the verse to play it properly at all :/)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 am

Jerel can't promise anything, he snickers. Mitz has /such/ a slappable face.
Snooze wants to absorb as much of Mitz's warmth as he can, so perhaps another few moments on the sofa. Then he'll reluctantly untangle himself.

They'll remember in the morning, Ian's sure. Right now he's thinking lots of thoughts, that one's just getting lost in the fray. (That's certainly a special occasion worth getting drunk over.)
Ian smiles a bit. Uh, yes. He supposes it could be seen like that.
He doesn't want to cut ties. He also doesn't want to hurt anyone.

mmmmmmmmmmmm nice I can imagine it
Does your house smell /amazing/
(Well I am currently reading this which is Stargate Atlantis characters in Pernverse, and from the author's comments it appears you need no knowledge of Pern to read it but you'll be taught along the way. Soooo that will help. And I've never read the books either. All I know is the real basics: there's solar flares, it's called Thread, it falls into the atmosphere of Pern and burns. The dragons can destroy it. Gold dragons are queens, they have eggs; when the eggs hatch, they bond with teenagers. They can be gold, bronze, brown, blue or green. And when a dragon mates, the rider does, too, to put it nicely. I remember Freo telling me all this stuff, did she tell you too?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:14 am

Jerel knows that makes his face slappable because they apparently look really alike, yeah?
Mitz helps Snooze up to sitting, pulling him up along with him. He'll go get their coats?

Harry waves his hand. It's hardly important now, is it? They got thoroughly wankered. Enough to bother the missus, he squeezes Lucy's thigh, and they got to laugh about Ian's dangerous dancing habits. Harry swallows another bunch of his drink. He's say that's a good night. (Harry thinks so.)
Ian doesn't see it like that?
Harry's telling him that no-one's being hurt. And, besides which, how many times does Harry have to remind him that it isn't up to Ian to keep everyone safe?

it's awful but you would be into it XD
it does! It smells homey. Soup and fresh baked goods, it's pretty badass.
I know all that stuff, this is not a problem for me. But I do worry about Blue riders? Like, okay, I know that they're usually gay but sometimes not but what are they like, what are other blue riders like, what are blues like, what are their duties, what about the food people eat, what about the speech they use because apparently that's a HUGE thing and I don't mind playing it at all but at some point it's going to nag at my canon-adhering brain.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:23 am

It all depends on who's the fastest, doesn't it. And who's got the longer arms. Now let's see, who could that be...?
They'll go together. Snooze curls his arm around Mitz's again. It's both less and more intimate than hand-holding, but a lot fewer people have a problem with it. Most find it funny, since it's so old-fashioned. Snooze rarely tries to hold people's hands unless they've reached for his first.

Ian will happily agree. It's lucky he didn't actually get up and dance. That might have made a good night into a tragedy. (When Ian remembers the near-slip, it'll take him a long time to forget it.)
He actually chuckles a bit. It wasn't really /romantic/. It was more... they were best friends. They trusted each other. So when they were old enough to have--needs--it was just easier. To continue to trust each other. Love grew from the trust.
Ian's still going to try. Harry knows that.

I really would, you know me and my freakish body warmth.
Oh hot damn, now I am getting hungry.
I get that, too, but I also don't want to read the books. I'm getting my info from crossovers today. I daresay there might be wikis. McCaffrey's hugely against fanworks, though, so there might not /be/ much information out there to be had. I don't know /anything/ about Holdless, this fic is the first one I've read that's even mentioned them. It's interesting.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:32 am

Mitz frowns. Don't, Jerel.
Mitz probably doesn't try, either. He'd love to hold hands, if he thought about it, but he doesn't try to do anything that Snooze hasn't done already.

Not tragedy. Hilarity. It's kind of a pity that Ian didn't dance. Harry blinks at Lucy. Would you like to dance, darling? Lucy actually glances at Ian, nearly seeking permission, but nods anyway. (Harry probably remembers very quickly and wants to bury himself further into the hole of hangovers.)
Lucy doesn't see how that isn't romantic.
Harry rolls his eyes. When it comes to him and his family, don't. Just stop trying to keep them all safe from the emotional onslaught that is 'Ian visiting', oh however shall they overcome.

And my blood is made of ice, so I need warmth constantly, heh.
i cannot stop eating this stuff it is so good i am so full
Yeeeeaaah I have the first book and it just really doesn't speak to me at all. I tried several times. I may try again soon.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:37 am

What has Jerel said this time?
One day they'll probably get around to it, by accident, most likely. Snooze will mean to grab Mitz's forearm and instead get his hand, and just go with it. But for now, they can walk cuddled close together with their arms entwined.

Ian will sort out the music, he offers heroically, managing to stand and wobble his way to the stereo. (Ian will probably make himself sick just with longing, forget the hangovers.)
There was never any candlelight and flowers.
And how would they react to him staying?

You need to heat up and I need to cool down. It's a pity we didn't swap. But I really did miss Australian supermarkets.
jealoooooous I want soup and banananananananana bread
I think I'm going to be content with fic. McCaffrey's notorious for getting shit wrong and treating characters badly, being sexist and racist and all of it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 am

He's going to start them off again! Mitz doesn't feel like having to shut up again, and Snooze has fucked off to find the clippers, so he'd prefer if he were in a good mood, so. Shut up, he says, smiling. Today was good, though, yeah? It's been a while since they went off on a monster-less quest.
Mitz loves it anyway, even if they don't hold hands.

Do not, Harry commands while he stands and takes Lucy's hand, do not put on something awful. (babyyy)
Lucy snorts quietly. No, she doesn't imagine that there were. For their first anniversary, Harry got her a membership to the local gun club. He's not a flowers and candlelight kind of man.
With them? The way they always react, Ian. He disrupts their lives as much as any other guest would do so, but he is - always has been - family. Harry has seen to that. He is tied to them.

What's the difference?
*shares* I made chicken noodle soup, it is amazing.
Yeah, I do know that. Seems to be a Thing, alright. And it's all about dragons frickin', people frickin', how the gays aren't supposed to frick, that kind of thing.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am

That's true. Everything's been stressful, lately. It was good to have a day of fun.
Once they've got coats on and are outside, Snooze will probably slip his hand in Mitz's opposite trousers pocket, his arm around Mitz's waist.

Hm. Where's the Enya... Ian runs his hands over the CDs, laughing. (he /misses/ being 'love')
Did she use the membership? Ian's curious. A gift like that means Harry thinks she's capable, and that he wants her to be able to defend herself. It's quite telling.
Ian would like that. All he's got is John, and /he's/ never been a family man, that's for sure. He hates being lonely. Harry knows.

There's /sooooooooo/ much more choice. Maybe it's because we're isolated? Or we trade with everybody? I don't know.
sobbing me wantee
Totally silly. I'm pretty sure in-universe the riders are more concerned with Thread than who's sleeping with whom.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Mitz nods, leaning against the doorframe. Yeah. He's looking forward to another day of it, this weekend.
Snooze makes little things so big to Mitz, really. Little bits of intimacy are so important to him, like that.

Harry protests wordlessly, so dramatic that even Lucy starts laughing. (He is still 'love'. It's just not said aloud.)
They both go every Thursday. They have a creche next door, so it works out. Harry's had Sally signed up to start as soon as she turns twelve. It'll be a family outing, in future. And it doesn't hurt certain votes.
So get a home nearby. He needn't stay there all the time, but it'll keep him from going off the deep end. Remind him of who he is, who he has.

Ahhh, no, that makes perfect sense. There is no choice here. There's more choice in London and Dublin but way less when you leave the cities. Not like there would be in anywhere around the Pacific. I think it does have a lot to do with trade, but even more to do with climate. Warmer countries (and warmer states in the US) have better fruits, better drinks and better everything.
*stuffs into ethernet port*
Seems like it would be more important, true! Though, to be fair, when we mess with the verse then it's just as important to us that people are sleeping with certain people
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 pm

So's Jerel. He's hoping everything works out.
It's the little things in life~.

Ian's grin turns all kinds of smug. Something probably like Macy Gray starts wafting from the speakers. (It's very rarely he even hears it in the unspoken silence. Sometimes he doubts.)
Especially among conservatives, Ian nods, yes, he's well aware. Harry would have been pleased Lucy liked it so much.
He hasn't had a home in a very long time. It could be good.

Better everything does sound kind of true, yes, sorry. Even in London, there wasn't much choice in foods. And I enjoy having choice, trying different brands and such.
*waits*
Yeah, but that's us treating our characters properly.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Mitz gives Jerel a smile. Hey, optimism, yeah? They're not used to it or anything, but it's about fucking time they got started.
The little things like Snooze showing him affection without having to be prompted, that means the world to Mitz.

Harry sighs while Lucy makes a pleased noise. It will have to do, Harry decides out loud, and takes Lucy's hand. They don't even dance in time; they both settle into a ballroom waltz, which would look very impressive with the right music and if Harry wasn't wobbling occasionally and if Lucy was in anything other than her pajamas and robe. (Ian doubts a lot. Harry finds it frustrating.)
Lucy hates it, she whispers conspiratorially. She giggles. Oh, but she's a good shot. And it's important to Harry.
Harry nods, like that's all sorted. He'll talk to some agents tomorrow.

Brands wouldn't matter to me at all, but I do like being able to go somewhere and have different veg and fruit choices, different meat cuts to choose from, all that jazz. And you can get it all here, technically, but it comes with price and 'speciality' shops. It's all bollocks.
*waits*
Yay we're better writers! Oh hey speaking of, though, you need to kick my ass later to get me to start writing again. I have to finish this Cecil/Carlos thing.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 pm

He did say he was hoping, Jerel agrees. That's something.
Snooze kind of loves showing affection. Maybe it's the touching, or maybe it's just that Mitz lets him--it gives him a little thrill of delight.

Ian laughs and watches, but soon enough he has to find himself a seat again. His legs are just so unresponsive. (Harry may find it frustrating, Ian would doubt a lot less if he was reassured once in a blue moon. That half-cut-off love was almost reassuring. The fact that Harry cut it off and proceeded to get blotto makes Ian ache.)
It is, Ian agrees. It's something honest. Ian's glad she's a good shot. Ian never was.
He isn't even going to ask Ian's budget?

Very much bollocks. Choice is grand, when it's all more or less around the same price.
*waits some more*
Ahhh, okay. I can try to do that. You're feeling terribly sick, you should naturally be writing your butt off, shouldn't you? Heh.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm

It is. Mitz pushes away from the door a little and hovers. His intention was to hug his brother goodbye, but now that it's time for that to happen he doesn't know how to proceed or if he'll be called a nancy if he tries.
They're such dorks for each other.

They dance for one song, I would say, before Harry waltzes himself back into his seat. Oof. Okay. No more going around in a circle. Not for a while. Lucy sits back down and lightly touches Harry's shoulder, glowing at being included. (Harry's just disappointed in himself. It build up both their hopes, and it's hugely unfortunate.)
Did they shoot together?
Harry gives Ian a Look. Oh, would Ian like to pretend that Harry doesn't know that already? Very well. Do tell, Ian, what is the budget that Harry will be working with when speaking to these agents as he has no idea and how could he?

Bleh, price of things. Screw the price of things.
*taps foot*
The first day it hit all I wanted to do is lay in bed and write, my body is conditioned.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Jerel can sense something hanging in the air between them. What's up? he tips his head some, confused.
They really are. They fit into each other's jagged edges.

Ian snickers. He hears that. Just up and down was enough for him. (Ian carries a little hope from it, at least. It's good to know he hasn't fallen into the depths of unrequited love.)
Sometimes, when Harry could convince Ian to come out with him. Ian's largely a pacifist, though. His brother John, as well. It comes from having a military father, he assumes.
So Harry knows that Ian and John split their inheritance. What, did James tell him?

So shall we play a bit with dragonriders?

To be fair, if we returned to a barter economy I'd be pretty screwed.
*scowls*
I thought so. Well, at least we have these emails. Though I do have an optometrist appointment soon. You could try just switching from forum to fic and back again, never really stopping writing.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Nothing, nothing. It's alright. Mitz'll bother him on Friday, okay?
And Mouse smooths them over and binds them together.

The stairs are going to be awful, Harry laments. Lucy chimes in, quietly, that they both should have thought about that before drinking 70-year-old scotch like it was wine. (No, they're both idiots for each other. More's the pity, in Harry's opinion.)
Lucy thinks that he should come with them for archery. It's much less violent, and maybe something the three of them could do. It would make Harry happy, she offers.
Harry just smiles in response.

If you like! Where should we start?

I don't know. Storytellers are pretty important. I think I might be able to get by with computer fixing services and making clothes and such.
*computer fizzles*
I think I may. Though I'm currently catching up with my Hamlet course right now. This is what I'm currently reading http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2808%2961385-9/fulltext
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Mitz has got a fancy ipad now. He'll have to tear himself away from that. How about Jerel bother him, he suggests. He'll let Mitz know what's going on.
Happysigh.

Maybe that's why they have four arms and feet. Four limbs, he means. Stairs can't be that hard if you crawl. It seems viable. (Which is the cause for Ian's doubt. Even if Harry still calls him 'love', it's not like he wants to.)
Shooting at targets is much more interesting than at game, Ian agrees, after a moment.
Ian shakes his head. Well, it was obvious, anyway. All of Ian's travels, and never having a proper job.

Well, the fic Freo was writing had Mitz and Snooze just meeting. From what I remember, M'itz found Snooze sneaking a meal in some lower kitchens and offered him clean clothes and such. From what I've been reading, Snooze being Holdless means they're likely right near the start of Threadfall season, when it's still somewhat safe to be outside. Snooze was probably driven inside by Threadfall, hiding out in the Weyr. His own clothes would be scorched if he got even close. So that's really very kind of M'itz.

I'd probably have to get by on babysitting, sigh.
creys
Heavy stuff! Sounds right interesting, though.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Yeah, alright, though Mitz doesn't sound that happy about it. He'll ease off.
Indeed.

Lucy sighs. She will not have them crawl upstairs. Honestly. Why do they do this to themselves. Harry snorts. Lucy sounds like such a nagging little wifey. Lucy frowns at him. (No, he doesn't. Mostly because he was supposed to be over it all by now. That was the plan.)
Lucy smiles, just as pleased with herself for fixing something up as Harry would be, and claps her hands. Good, that's all sorted then.
That was probably it, yes. That's what tipped Harry off. Of course he doesn't have a definite number to work from, he smirks.

That sounds entirely like him. He also let Snooze stay with him, in his room, from what I can remember. And Lirth liked Snooze.

Oh, babysitting, I forgot about that. That could be really handy; meals and more clothes and getting hair done and stuff, that could come from that.
*pat*
It's pretty cool! This whole section is understanding melancholy and what that might have meant to Hamlet at the time, as well as what it would have meant to the audience. They next part of this is asking which humor I would be connected to, as most people would have understood which humor they were more filled with than the other. Unfortunately, I think I would have been considered melancholic, due to anxieties and stomach issues as well as being creative. OOH THERE'S A TEST http://www.passionsandtempers.com/v1/page.php?l=en&p=test
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Hey. Jerel's being honest. He'll tell Mitz what's happening.

Well, between the thre of them they should be able to manage something. (Ian knew he himself would never be over it. He keeps expecting Harry to be, with how hard he's trying.)
Ian actually smiles at her briskness.
There's no /way/ Harry has an eye on Ian's accounts.

And Snooze liked Lirth. It won't take very long before Lirth realises Snooze can hear the dragon voices and should be Searched.

Meals are very, very important.
Sigh.
hahaha unsurprisingly I got the fiery one, yellow bile
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Oh wait no hang on I read it wrongly. I got blood. Hmm...
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:25 pm

No, he believes Jerel. Just, look, he's just being him about it. He has to know everything, blah blah blah, no big deal.

Harry's going to carry Ian, he tells Lucy. Lucy looks at him critically. Harry can barely carry Harry. Harry laughs, because the rhyming is delightful. (Harry might be trying so hard because he knows that he never will be over it. He's stubborn.)
She's glad they found something to do as a group. She wasn't at all comfortable with the exclusion habit that they had gotten into.
Harry just smiles in response.

No, Lirth is one of those dragons who knows things. But isn't it that all dragons can talk to humans, but they're not supposed to? Lirth just does it, much to Mitz's embarrassment.

'Course, we could just buck up and grow our own food.
Sad
I'm pretty melancholic, but only a mild imbalance. Otherwise I'm choleric. Interesting!
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Okay. Look, so Mitz can be at least a little satisfied--Jerel sighs. It's a guy.

Ian sits up. He thought he was going to carry Harry? He giggles at his own tongue mangling the words. (I wonder when their first moment of weakness is.)
Yes, seeming like always one of them was left out. Ian's sorry about that.
Oh, /honestly/. Even the one in Italy?

I think dragons can talk to all dragonriders and weyrpeople. A lot of regular Hold people don't seem to be able to hear. That's apparently the thing, when Searching; dragons are listening for people who can hear them. People they get a response from, whose minds they can brush.

Aw maaaaan.
Apparently I'm strongly blood and melancholic, with about twenty percent phlegm and less choleric. I'm actually least choleric, heh.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Mitz smiles. Finally, he can stop playing the pronoun game. He kind of guessed? Jerel's a lot more, what's the word... victorious, he guesses? With women. Like it's more of a game.

Harry will not be carried, though he does feel harried, Harry replies smoothly. (Probably after something big. Ian's dip after Rose and the rest, that would have been a stepping stone. But maybe John and James go missing completely, thought dead?)
Lucy waves her hand. They've gone into how she understands - and, honestly? She isn't entirely blameless in the whole thing.
Fake-out. Ian has no account in Italy. Though, the one in Greece, ooh. Very interesting spending.

Ah, okay. Either way, Lirth talks to everyone. Or more than he should.

Growing food is fun! Work, though, huff.
That kind of makes sense, though? Like, okay, Aries. But Aries are more often than not the more understanding of the fires. Pretty intense to go up against when they have a foothold or a big belief, but otherwise docile in comparison. You're optimistic and easy to be around, hence sanguine, though yesterday speaks to bouts of melancholy at the very least.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Jerel shrugs. A lot of the women he's dated can be choosy. They don't feel like settling. Derek was different. Left Jerel wanting something that the women who wanted him didn't want /with/ him. If that makes sense. He waves his hand.

He's going to have to parry, Ian retorts. (Both of them would be a muddled /mess/. And they'd go off on their own hunting their brothers down. Determined sods.)
Both of them can take fault, then.
Oh, stop that. Greece is all about luxury.

Without a doubt. And if Mitz realises Snooze can hear what Lirth is saying--Snooze twitches or jumps or replies without thinking, that sort of thing--then there's not much choice. Snooze would have to be part of the Hold. He could be helping out with the dragons, rather than just hiding out in the depths.

So much work. All I can think is /so much cucumber/ from the time I grew just /one/ cucumber plant.
Pretty serious bouts, sure. So I guess it's not all that surprising. It doesn't really say how to correct imbalances, though.
okay optometrist appointment is now TALK TO YOU SOON
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Doesn't make sense to Mitz, but it makes sense to Jerel. That's alright. So long as he's good.

He will attempt to parry, but the whole thing is making him wary. Lucy sighs and gets up, away from the wordplay, to collect glasses and dump the ashtray. (Oh, they so would. Sharing hotels, then hotel rooms, then beds as the worry set in.)
Another thing they can share, it seems.
Harry laughs. Alright, granted. But, anyway, there should be no worry about Harry talking to an agent for Ian. He will make no decisions, no matter how good, without him and he will have no plan for spending all of Ian's money for him.

I do believe that was the plan in the original fic! So, how should we start?

mmm cucumber
Doesn't it mention things like what you should eat and do if there's more than 30% of whatever humor? Nothing about upping another, though.
SEE YOU LATER
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 pm

He is. He's enjoying himself. Things /seem/ okay.

Oh, Harry, no, that's /wary/, not /warry/. Ian very clearly pronounces the difference. He barely notices Lucy's movements. He /loves/ wordplay. (No doubt it just starts with someone touching someone's shoulder, in an attempt to reassure--or, of course, it's all the fault of the alcohol.)
More and more common ground. It's good.
Good. Ian still needs that money to buy presents for Sally.

Hm. We could poke at the night they met? Or we can just go from the next morning? Snooze being all I gotta go, and then Lirth being all wait hold up?

it was great until I started getting allergic to it
I got 31, 30, 20 and 19. I guess if you push one down the others go up.
I'M BACK my eyes are fine no cancer HOORAY and NEW GLASSES ON THURSDAY
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Cool. Then they'll see Jerel and his ~boyfriend~ at the weekend. Mitz grins.

Harry raspberries at him. It counts as much as 'berry' would have counted if he could have used that, shut up Ian. Harry has half a bottle of scotch in him. That means he's much better at arguing than he is rhyming. (I doubt Harry would touch a drop, actually. When too stressed, he doesn't drink. When depressed or way happy, thems the drinking times.)
Ian doesn't sound convinced.
And whatever else is happening in his life, of course. (Harry is so pleased with himself.)

Morning after sounds good. There's an unfinished point in Freo's fic where Mitz is coming up with some formation charts to go over, and some food for him and Snooze, and he ends up walking in on Snooze changing.

yeah I know them feels
That sounds medieval medicine enough to be right!
No cancer, yay! also NEW GLASSES why is that always so exciting but it isss
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Jerel grins. Yeah. Yeah, he guesses they will.

Maybe, but 'barry' would have been better. There's good and then there's better, Ian says, holding his nose in the air. (I'm not sure what Ian does when he's miserable. I don't think there's any one thing. It would change from day-to-day, place-to-place.)
No, he is. He does think common ground is good.
Well, of course, but Sally would say she's the most important. (He sounds it. I can almost /taste/ it.)

Skinny little Holdless that he is, with bones sticking out all over the place. But at least he made it inside without getting properly Thread-scorched. ...just had a funny thought, I bet he's having trouble figuring out underwear.

WOO
it's because TREES HAVE LEAVES did you know that, it seems obvious but you don't know until you /see/
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Mitz nods and steps to open the door, hoping to avoid another awkward wanting-to-hug-goodbye moment.

Oh, ladida, who died and crowned Ian the king of rhyming. (Either way, there's going to be a moment of desperate need from one of them. And I think it should be Harry, considering how often Ian would have gone to him in times of need.)
That's good to hear. Lucy smiles honestly and pats Ian's knee. Stay where he is, Lucy will get them some lemonade.
One of these days she'll realise that in order for her to keep feeling important, the people around her need to eat. (it's dripping from him.)

Mitz wants to die from embarrassment.

TREES HAVE LEAVES and WOOD HAS GRAIN and IS THIS HOW EVERYONE SEES
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Jerel pulls the door open. Okay, kiddo. Be good. Make sure to cut your hair in front of a mirror or you'll do it wrong, like every other time Jerel's had to fix it up for him, he warns, with a grin.

Ian did. Wait, hang on, that doesn't sound right. (That would seem appropriate. Ian's been kept at enough arm's length that he probably wouldn't breach personal space anymore without clear invitation. It might be a 'what if I lose you too' on Harry's part.)
Oh, she doesn't have to do that.
One of these days. Probably not today, if Ian's any judge. (that's a little gross)

Snooze would have shuffled himself to a private enough angle when he got naked. He might at least be wearing a shirt. But he's definitely wondering what the hell the underpants are, and if Mitz makes so much as a breath of noise, he'll whirl around in surprise--and cue the eyeful, heh.

/exactly/ it might even be more exciting than a new toothbrush
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Mitz lifts a shoulder in a shrug. He's getting the feeling Snooze might want to do it. Less responsibility for Mitz, so that works out just fine.

Harry snorts. The zombie king of rhyming, lo and behold. (That would be in his mind, but not said out loud at all. It would be more a moment of Ian and Harry standing wherever they are in silence, and then Harry leaning his head into Ian's shoulder. Just completely defeated.)
No, she doesn't, she smiles. Then gets up and goes for the drinks.
Oh, there's no rush. (Harry's a gross guy.)

Mitz isn't going to come into the room quietly. He may be struck dumb and motionless for a second, then splutter apologies and start to babble about how he brought Snooze some stew, he's so sorry, he was just coming up to do some work and maybe talk for a little while, he's really very sorry.

much more exciting because it's much more expensive
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Let Jerel know how it works out, he laughs.

Well, it's not a great title, but it'll do. (Ian would be startled for only a split second. Then he'd rest his own head on Harry's and, tentatively, put his arm around Harry's shoulders.)
Ian considers that very carefully and quietly while she's gone.
Yes, Harry's certainly not prouder than punch that she learned to walk and talk so early. (truth)

It's--Snooze can barely get a word in among the babble. He straightens slightly from his defensive half-crouch, holding the fabrics in front of himself as he does. It's all right, he manages to say over Mitz. This is Mitz's--place. His home.

you ain't kiddin' about that
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Hey, yeah, maybe Mitz'll do the thing! The thing that teenage girls do with the phones. The selfie thing.

Harry will be sure to introduce Ian as such from now on. (Ian will have to deal with feeling Harry shake, not from tears but from holding onto /so tightly/ to everything he's feeling.)
She'll come back with a tray, drinks and little cakes, for them. Goodness, he looks so serious.
Harry smirks, smug as fuck. Ah, Ian noticed how brilliant his daughter is. How nice.

Yes but he forgot about - and he offered the space for Snooze to wash so of course he would - Mitz is just really sorry - /barging in/... He shakes his head and goes to his already rather full desk to set down the formations and stew. It's there, obviously, uh. Mitz'll go.

stupid money. Though in a barter system, glasses might take a few hundred cucumbers
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Oh, that's terrible. Definitely do that.

See that he does. Only to those who'll appreciate it, of course. (Ian's grip gets tighter around Harry's shoulders, and after a very long moment of those tremors, he gives in and turns into Harry so he can put /both/ arms around him. Give him something steady--as steady as Ian can be, anyway.)
Hm? Oh, no, simply thinking. His default face, he jokes.
How could he not notice? It's the only topic of conversation Harry had for years.

It's all right, Snooze repeats. He doesn't have to. Very quickly, he discards the underpants as unnecessary and pulls on the trousers--tight dragonrider trousers, a little short in the leg, but workable. Snooze pulls on the jacket and then he's dressed. See? Mitz needn't leave.

hey so only like a week to save up for, awesome
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Mitz laughs, yeah he will. He'll have to now.

So - only their brothers. (Harry sighs as something tight and /old/ relaxes somewhere along his spine. He attempts, a few times, to say something or pull away but he can never bring himself to do it.)
Lucy half-smiles and pours out their drinks with finishing school finesse. Lucy thought Ian's default face was 'roguish smile'.
Well, it's not Harry's fault if his offspring is conversation-hacking brilliant.

Mitz hovers at the doorway. Uh. Well. Okay. Sorry again, he smiles apologetically.

okay yeah no that works out fine
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm

And Jerel will save it forever, he says, beatifically. Okay, he'd better go, the sun's seriously dying.

Essentially, yes, he tries to say. He probably manages it. (The moment Ian can wrap his arms around Harry and hook his chin over his shoulder, breathe in the scent of his hair, things seem... better. Easier. Even breathing is easier.)
In other countries, perhaps, he allows. Not among--friends.
Ian swears, if Harry got, like, a Nobel prize, all he'd be able to talk about with the King of Sweden is Sally tying her shoes.

Snooze stands sort of awkwardly, and realises that maybe Mitz is waiting for permission. Uh. He is forgiven. He can come in.

seriously if I had more than one cucumber plant I would have died from cucumber, I was getting five or six every couple of days from /one/ plant for a few weeks there
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:08 pm

Okay, yeah, no go on. Mitz'll see him. He kind of - awkwardly waves.

Harry eyes the last sip of scotch in his and Ian's glasses, then sighs. They should be adults about this and admit that they are beaten by alcohol. Nothing before this has ever bested them, he says heavily while standing up. This can be the first. He takes Ian's glass away from him. Come along, Ian. Bed time. (Harry's voice seems very small, even to him, when he tells Ian that he'll be sleeping in his bed tonight.)
There, that wasn't so hard, she teases.
She's very young! It's very impressive!

Mitz smiles, pleased with that, and steps back into the room. He eyes the underwear. Uh. Yeah, sorry, he didn't -- it's weird to wear someone else's, isn't it? He just didn't know what to include, so. Sorry. Yes. Here! He hands Snooze a bowl of stew, hoping to stop himself from talking.

ah to be in a country with sun where that would happen. Stuff like that grows so slowly here. Can't even gestate avocados on a window ledge. ANIMALS
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Jerel gives Mitz a really weird look, like 'what is your problem you weirdo', then pulls him into a back-clapping hug. See you, little brother.

Ian reaches after the glass with a protesting noise. He can finish! He was just enjoying talking, that's all. (er can you clarify your 'he's)
Harder than she thinks, is his thought, but he doesn't say it out loud. Instead, he just toasts her with a glass of sparkling lemonade.
Ian nearly bends over with helpless laughter.

Snooze accepts the stew, and so much saliva fills his mouth he actually has to swallow to get rid of it before he can speak. Well. He doesn't mean to sound--ungrateful--but he really thinks those are too short to wear around. Even in summer.

fistshake
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Mitz smiles, hugging back and wondering why he is such a weirdo. Yeah. Stay out of trouble, alright?

And he can talk in his sleep. Look, if they need a hair of the dog in the morning, they'll have these. (Harry's voice seems very small, even to himself, when he tells Ian that he'll be sleeping in Ian's bed tonight.)
Lucy toasts back, and is thoroughly pleased with how this has all gone down. (What are Ian's careful thoughts?)
Harry frowns at him. Shut up.

Mitz blinks for a moment. Uh. What? He looks at the underwear, then back at Snooze. Oh! No, no, they're for - you wear them under your trousers. Mitz supposes for heat and to ward against chafing.

CLIMAAATE
okay I am doing the Getting Ready For Bed dance
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Doesn't he always? Jerel ruffles Mitz's hair easily and flits away with a charming smile.

Oh. That's a really good point. Which guest room is closest to the bathroom? (Ian can't hide how he practically crumbles with relief at the thought of not being alone, of being able to actually hear Harry breathing and open his eyes and just see him there. Okay. Whatever Harry needs.)
What are these little cakes? Did Lucy make them? (That Lucy is only happy because she has clearly established her power, and because she thinks she manipulated Ian into doing what she wants. And that he'd do well to maintain that illusion if he wants to keep coming around.)
Oh, no, it's just adorable, that's all, Ian says through his giggles.

Snooze reddens slightly. Oh. He's never heard of that. Is it a dragonrider custom?

uh oh
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Mitz snorts, because Jerel did get the last word and must be very pleased with himself, and closes the door after him.

Ian's usual. It's all very carefully planned, Harry slurs slightly. (Harry swallows thickly. Yes, he says emotionlessly. What he needs.)
Yes, well, she was bored yesterday. Lemon cakes and fairy cakes and such. The girls at bridge club like them. (Honestly, it's true, but she's so bad at it. She would have never tried before marriage. Harry might find it oh so adorable if he found out, though.)
Shut up, Harry says more viciously - even though he's smiling. He's not adorable.

Mitz...supposes it is? Many do it. He thinks for a moment. He didn't know clothes could vary that much, if he's honest. Not outside of - rank, position.

I've been pretending but I've wanted to go back to bed since I got out of it
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:43 pm

He'll find Snooze waiting, no doubt, leaning against a wall sexily somewhere. Which is probably how Jerel will find Dick, too.

Excellent. It takes Ian maybe once or twice to get the 'x' sound right. (Ian tries to ignore the flatness in Harry's voice and the way Harry's arms are hanging limp at his sides. He swallows thickly. He doesn't know what he can say. He knows no words make him feel better about John and James being missing.)
And Sally, of course. Lucy plays bridge? (Ian might eventually tell him, just in a 'Lucy thinks she has me under her thumb don't worry about it' kind of way.)
Oh, right, yes, sorry, of course not. Ian covers a new burst of laughter with his hand.

Snooze fingers the jacket lightly. He hasn't seen this material before. Clothing can vary quite a lot, from Hold to Hold. His jaw tightens slightly at that, but he hides it by looking for a place to sit with his stew. Of course, in true Snooze tradition, he makes serious noises of pleasure at the first taste.

except for the optometrist appointment I haven't gotten off my bed all day
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down