[Pernverse] A Transfer to High Reaches Weyr

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Pernverse] A Transfer to High Reaches Weyr

Post by freosan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Z'tovan is not, not, not gossiping about the half-wing that's transferring from Benden this week. He is a greenrider but that doesn't make him a clucking hen, as some of the other ranks would apparently like to believe. When he asks the message rider for news, it is because he wants to know what kind of new hell he'll be responsible for when these new residents inevitably clash with High Reaches' current complement of dragons and riders. High Reaches is known for its insularity and adherence to tradition; Benden is known for its daredevils. The convergence of the two promises excitement and work for Z'tovan, if nothing else.

I would like some excitement, Hesceth says with a note of longing in her mental voice. Do you think there will be browns? I am bored of all the browns in this Weyr.

Z'tovan sends her a feeling of resigned affection. There are three browns, the message rider says. You whore, he adds. Hesceth's laughter warms him. He's not telling her anything she doesn't already know; his dragon has been through every brown in the Weyr by now, and Zop can't say he blames her for getting bored of them. He's equally as uninterested in their riders.

Three browns, the message rider said, four blues, and four greens. All male riders, all Benden-born or at least Benden-raised, all fairly young and healthy. At least they won't immediately become a drain on Z'tovan's resources. That'll be after they get in their first duels or first injure their dragons trying to show off during drills. Z'tovan doesn't have any of their names; he assumes Rani and V'yad do, somewhere, but it's not Z'tovan's job to care what they're called.

I will find out their names for you, if any strike my fancy.

Don't try to match-make again, dear one, it doesn't end prettily.

You never complain when I am flown.

It's when I wake up in the morning that I have the problems.

Is it not worth it?

Z'tovan sighs. Hesceth must be getting proddy, the way her thoughts are turning. Not surprising, with new blood on the way in and her last flight nearly a turn past, but potentially difficult.

He squints up at the sky. If those riders are coming today, they ought to be soon. They'll want to be settled before the sun goes down.

[either T'yed and co could show up here and now, or we could wait until T'yed gets in some kind of fight with someone and has to go to Z'tovan to be patched up.]
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Pernverse] A Transfer to High Reaches Weyr

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 pm

If T'yed had the energy to hate everything, that is what he'd be doing right now. He has enough wherewithal to blink between, away from his home that has been overrun with all kinds of bad ideas. After that, however, he's rendered effectively useless. Whatever herbs and techniques the healer in Benden used only lasted so long.

He could only really keep himself awake enough to stand in front of his new Weyrleaders (he didn't like the look of them) and to feel through his haze to Yamareth's concern and disappointment. He would prefer it if his rider were able to look after himself a little better, especially after a fight.

T'yed knows he's being lead, but he doesn't know where to. He doesn't care. He has enough energy for apathy. Hate will have to wait until later.

[hahahaha oh my god avoiding as much jargon as possible and I still had to use terms I don't know hahaha go easy on me canon-senpai)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:28 pm

One of the riders is injured already - a dueling injury, the weyrling who brings Z'tovan the news tells him. Z'tovan sends the boy on his way. He'll handle this one alone; his apprentices don't need to be exposed to that kind of influence just yet.

A dueling injury. Someone careless enough, and hot-tempered enough, to challenge or accept a duel, sent to High Reaches Weyr? This will be trouble.

His brown is beautiful, Hescath tells him. Z'tovan can well imagine the red swirling in her eyes.

His rider is an idiot, Z'tovan informs her. The lustful thoughts she's sending him do not stop. Yes. A definite problem.

Z'tovan puts his dragon's thoughts aside and gets out healing salve and redwort. He has no quarrel with Benden's healers; the wound will have been well-cared-for, but it won't have survived the cold of between without needing some tending.

The weyrling who delivers the wounded rider to him skitters off quickly. Z'tovan is left alone with the brownrider, who stumbles as Z'tovan leads him to the table to sit. Half-dead on his feet.

"They didn't waste any time sending you here, did they?" Z'tovan asks rhetorically. "Get your leathers off, let's have a look."

(ahaha no don't worry about it we'll make this happen.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 pm

T'yed squints at the man in front of him and sighs. Another healer. He looks around him for something to lean on while he undresses.

The healer's question makes sense to him a little late, since T'yed both not paying much attention and is too preoccupied in seeming like he's not in as much pain as he really is, and he answers too late.

"Their loss," he says simply. "Sending away the best rider they'll ever manage to get."

(okay well I will just say things and we'll see how it goes
also I am sleeping now GOODNIGHT <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Z'tovan snorts. "A rider who gets in duels is not likely to be the best in any Weyr."

He observes while the rider fumbles with his buckles and tries not to sway. He's seen riders fake health before, but usually their dragons are right there with them, broadcasting their distress.

Did you find his brown? he asks Hescath.

I did, she replies, sounding pleased. He wants you to know his rider is not as well as he lets on.

A blind watchwher could tell that, Z'tovan grumbles. The brownrider is still half in his leathers.

"Do you need help, rider?"

(woooo
a note: T'yed would probably assume Z'tovan is not a rider. Someone who's in charge of the Weyr healers usually isn't, and it's obvious Z'tovan's in charge.
sleep welll~ <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:50 am

T'yed snaps his head up and glares at the healer. "If I need help, I will ask for it," he says, anger making him feel stronger than he really is. "And rest assured that I will /not/ ask for it."

Aren't you supposed to accept help from your healers?

Hush, now. I don't need you chattering on while dealing with all this.

You hush, Yamareth snips back at T'yed, just as frustrated as his rider. The only reason why you're finding this difficult is because you're dead on your feet. Do as the man says and accept help.

T'yed sighs and shrugs himself gingerly out of his leathers, finally. Too late now.

(I figured that out! Look at me figuring things! Very Happy)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 am

Z'tovan sighs and steps back, waiting. He doesn't want to get in a fight with a rider he'll have to be treating for several weeks, nor does he think it would be sporting to challenge the man when he's in this much obvious pain.

When, at last, he gets his leathers off - and Z'tovan thinks he doesn't notice how much his face twists in pain when he has to bend at the shoulder - Z'tovan steps forward to unwrap the bandages and see the extent of the wound. It's worse, much worse, than he expected.

"I was told you got this injury dueling," he says, concerned. He takes a step forward and pushes the rider towards the table, careful of the neat stitches and packed gauze. "Sit down. Shards, you shouldn't have been flying. You're lucky you're not dead." The wound is straight and well-stitched, with no sign of infection, but from the way it's been packed, and the positioning of it, Z'tovan can only assume the rider came near to death. It looks like a murder attempt, not a fighting wound.

You are distressing Yamareth.

He should be distressed!

(Yay! Things! Very Happy)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:48 am

I told you that you could have died, is the controlled worry that comes from Yamareth. T'yed would laugh it all off, but there should be no reason that Yamareth knows what he does.

"You're a rider?" he asks the healer. He has to squint again and really work on focusing on the man in front of him. T'yed has, obviously, seen worse looking riders.

His green is attractive. Yamareth is well known for ignoring other dragons. This is the last thing that T'yed needs, having to deal with his dragon's social life on top of everything else.

Don't you dare.

(stuff! I'm just saying things at you now, I am so worried it's nonsense)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:33 am

"On green Hescath," Z'tovan tells him, watching him carefully for signs of surprise or dismissal. He's put up with too much disrespect from bronze and brown riders to be completely at ease declaring his status to new ones. "Did I not tell you to sit? I want a better look at these stitches."

(nooooo it is not nonsense at all, it is good things.)

freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:42 am

"Can you not see them while I'm standing?" T'yed literally has no idea why he isn't sitting. Maybe it's taking orders from a greenrider, more of a grievance than watching that stupid J'mitz flounce around like he owned the place. Still, though, T'yed /wants/ to sit. He also wishes he had enough wherewithal to come up with a sufficient remark about how this man is neither healer enough or rider enough to be either.

Sometimes it's very hard work, being him.

(oh good
hi there Freo how are you)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:52 am

Z'tovan gives him an annoyed look. He can just about imagine the train of thought he's going through, and he'd like it to stop. "I'm going to guess the fellis is wearing off right about now, if they gave you a dose before you left Benden. You're going to start hurting worse, and then you're going to fall over before I'm done assessing you. Or you could stop being stubborn, sit, and let me give you a once-over and dose you again."

While he speaks, he rinses his hands in redwort, and lays out new gauze for the wrappings. If the rider is going to keep being an idiot, Z'tovan should get through this as fast as possible. If he falls over he's just going to make himself worse.

(hiiiii I am, well, sick, but alright. how are you~)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:58 am

T'yed grunts. "The promise of another dose is the only thing winning this discussion for you," he warns, and sits gingerly down. "Not that I can't handle whatever pain comes."

Why are you being so difficult?

Sport, most likely.

(I am also sick! But not hugely. There is a serious amount of weather happening right now so we're staying at my parents where it's warm and there is food that I don't have to buy myself. I got armour today~ Are you very sick? *blankets*)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 am

Z'tovan rolls his eyes while he's looking away from the rider, and has the most professional face possible under the circumstances firmly in place by the time he turns around to investigate the stitches more closely.

"The stitches are well done," he admits. "There's no infection. But... to be packed like this, it must be very deep." Anyone who would do this to a rider, especially now, when there's Thread falling - Z'tovan doesn't much like this man, but he's still angry at his unknown assailant, on behalf of Yamareth and the rest of Pern.

(Sick enough I stayed home, so. bleh. ::snuggles under blankets, pulls you under blankets also:: thank you. Continue to stay warm! Also: you're going to be such a badass skater)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:13 am

T'yed sighs and looks up so that he's not staring and intimidating the healer/rider unduly. "The fight was an intense one. I would suggest you see the state that /he's/ in right now, but I'm here and he's there and that tells the story for you, I would imagine." He's babbling. He doesn't usually babble.

(Oh no Sad I hope the sick passes quickly. *sends fortifying thoughts* I have a weird sore lump in my throat and am unable to make it to the doctor's for another two weeks, but I'm hoping the heat will help matters.
Also I HOPE SO once I actually learn how to skate. That is a big part of it. But I am so happy to hear my mom and grandmother played derby. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ALL though it is mega pissy that the days after getting all this stuff it's impossible to walk anywhere, let alone skate badly)

Last edited by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:21 am

"He's still at Benden after he did this?" Z'tovan's trying to keep the horror out of his voice, but it's not entirely working. When he touches the edges of the wound, feeling out the extent of it and checking for heat, his hands are gentler than usual.

He fought another rider, Yamareth says.

Another
rider did this?

So he says.

Z'tovan shakes his head. "There will be no such fights here," he tells the rider. Investigation over, he swabs the wound with redwort and spreads numbweed salve over the stitches. "I'll give you a flask of fellis, but I'm charging your dragon with keeping you from straining yourself."

(thanks. I'm likely to be snowed in for the next couple of days so you know, time to heal and work from home. I hope your weird sore throat thing (ick) goes away fast.
(That is REALLY COOL. Can your mom teach you things? and yeah it really is but that gives you loads of time to watch youtube videos!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:29 am

Both T'yed and Yamareth find this hilarious, though T'yed's the one who winces when the laughter makes him move in ways that shouldn't hurt but do. "No fights," T'yed repeats, still amused but strained. "Great suggestion, healer. Or is it rider? Riderhealer, healerrider?" He's teasing now, so he must be feeling better - or at least getting used to the pain.

(Working from home while snowed in really doesn't sound that bad at all, y'know. Hot drinks and snacks, blankets everywhere, cats and watching snow fall. Nice. My weird throat thing (very ick) has gotten a little better over the last few days, so I'm hopeful.
My mom won't teach me things XD She's like 'I can't believe I used to do that' but she used to box and skate and did semi-professional jump rope and yo-yo competitions and shit. She did all kinds of stuff that she can't do now. Still, we might watch championship matches this season Very Happy You should watch tooooooo it is the most fun game.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 am

"It's Z'tovan. Actually." Z'tovan holds the rider's shoulder more tightly so he'll stop moving, careful not to press on the wound. He doesn't like the color that the other man's face is turning. "And duels between riders are settled bare-fisted here. It's safer. We don't have as many dragons as Benden."

(Yeah, it's actually pretty nice as long as the power holds up, knock wood.
Fingers crossed for quick, doctor-free healing.
I think I've said this before but your mom is badass? And when are championship matches then? I could possibly get into this.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 am

Yamareth perks, finally having a chance to give T'yed something positive to think about. There, I told you things would be better here.

"I enjoy a good fist fight," T'yed admits. "Though I doubt another rider would do the same kind of damage." He looks down at Z'tovan. "Are you worried that I'm here only to fight with other riders?"

(*knocks all the wood*
yesss, best kind of healing
My mom is the badassingest, she makes me feel like such a wimp. The WFTDA season starts up in August, but last season's matches are up on youtube. Gotham are a damn fine team, they've won for the last three years.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 am

"Yes," Z'tovan says shortly, and turns to grab new gauze for the wound. "I don't know what caused this fight, and I don't know who started it, but I'm responsible for the health of this Weyr." He lays one of the pads over the rider's chest, and winds a wrapping quickly over his shoulder. "I don't need riders causing trouble; Thread's doing enough of that."

(was this sport made for you Sin)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 am

"I do not start fights," T'yed says confidently. "I finish them." He watches Z'tovan's hands work, though it does start to get difficult as tunnel vision set in for no reason other than to embarrass T'yed further. He's already starting with a bad reputation here, the last thing he wants is to be seen as weak. "Nn."

(I FREAKING KNOW RIGHT)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:16 am

"Of course you do... shards." Z'tovan ties off the bandage. "Lie down. Get your feet up on the table. Your dragon will not be happy if you faint on me."

(now I'm super excited for you to get to start skating. Very Happy)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 am

T'yed recognises the symptoms of shock, though he's never experienced it himself. He follows Z'tovan's orders easily enough but can't reply. The threat of worrying Yamareth further has him just about able to think a mish-mash of don't worry thoughts to him. He's disappointed enough in T'yed's behavior.

Once he's laying down and able to talk properly (it takes him longer than he thinks it does), he answers. "I do not faint. If anything, I would black out."

(I am mega excited Very Happy Did you see that street skater girl video I posted a few days ago? I want to be her when I grow up)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:31 am

Z'tovan snorts. "It amounts to the same thing. Take a few more deep breaths. When you can sit up, I have redfruit juice for you." The rider's not in serious danger, Z'tovan doesn't think, but the sooner he can get him to his weyr and make him sleep, the better it will be.

(YES she was awesome holy shit)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:43 am

"Are you a healer or a nattering mother," T'yed complains and puts his good arm over his eyes. "What's wrong with me? Those Benden healers did something, I promise you."

(SHE OWNS A SKATE STORE and I wanna buy the really nice Chicago skates she sells)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:54 am

"You've been stabbed nearly in the heart, as far as I can tell, and you can't have had more than a few days of recovery before they slapped you on your dragon and sent you between." Z'tovan picks up the rider's other wrist and checks his pulse. It's fast, but not frighteningly so, and feels strong enough now. "You'll need time to recover. At least four sevendays before you so much as mount up again. Eight before you go between."

(oooooooooh. maybe when it comes time to play matches?)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:07 am

T'yed takes his arm away from his eyes to give Z'tovan an awful, woeful look. "Shall I just lay in my weyr and listen to dragons' gossip for four sharding sevendays? How exciting. I'm so glad I came here."

(Not with Chicago skates, nah, they are jam/dance skates. But they're so pretty! They look like ice skates with little heels. Derby skates are so fucking badass in comparison)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:13 am

Z'tovan lifts an eyebrow, unimpressed. "You'd have to do it anywhere. At least here you can focus on recovering without worrying about whoever did that to you. Lack of stress makes healing go faster."

(/investigates THEY'RE SO PRETTY)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 am

T'yed frowns, looking at Z'tovan's face closely. That's the first time that anyone's really expressed worry about T'yed and not the Holdless scum who did this to him. He puts it out of his mind for now. "If I can't sit up, how am I suppose to get to my weyr?"

(THEY ARE SO VERY VERY PRETTY)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:27 am

"If you can't sit up, I'll have some weyrlings take you on the stretcher," Z'tovan says. "But you've got some color in your face now. I think you'll make the walk. Can you sit up at all?"

(you have pretty skates too though)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:39 am

T'yed grunts again and pushes himself up with his good arm. It's entirely too weird to not be able to use his dominant arm. Under different circumstances, he would have been impressed by how calculated the strikes that the Holdless man landed were. He sways, but he sits. And as soon as he does, he moves to get to standing. "I can manage," he says through his teeth.

(my skates are so pretty I want to hug them but they are far away from me. I am really into my elbow/knee/wrist pads, though! They are black and purple. They're just kiddie ones, but they fit and they'll do until I can save enough money for grown up people ones.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:42 am

Z'tovan has to stop himself from helping, a few times, and when the rider gets on his feet Z'tovan frowns at his swaying stance. "Drink this, first," he says, handing the rider the cup of redfruit juice. "I'll show you to your weyr."

(What a good color scheme!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 am

T'yed holds onto the table and takes the cup. "My thanks," he says dully, and downs the juice. And promptly has to cover his mouth and cough painfully. "Don't say a word," he warns.

(I THINK SO TOO I was /this close/ to getting a baby pink helmet just because)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am

Z'tovan takes the cup back and double-checks the bindings on the bandages, just in case. "I'm not. Come on, rider. Once you're in your weyr you can sleep. I'll have Hescath take Yamareth hunting."

(you are going to need a helmet, no?)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

How should I be feeling about that, dearest? T'yed checks with Yamareth.

I must hunt. And Hescath is very - friendly.

"That would be appreciated," T'yed says to Z'tovan. He takes a few steps and decides he can make it. "Lead the way, then. Since resting is so important, I suppose I should do it as soon as possible."

(I got one, it's just black. Matte black, pretty cool thing. I put on all my armour to try it out and I am pleased with it, man. Now I just have to fit my mouthguard and I'm ready to go~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am

Z'tovan grabs the flask of fellis juice and leads the rider out to the inner caverns. "Your wing's been given weyrs close to each other," he says. "But they're high on the slopes. No one warned us that you were injured until you arrived."

(YAY new sport! And you have a whole team already! So exciting.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:28 am

"Good," T'yed says. "There would be no point in going easy on me. It'll pass. If I walk the slopes injured then it will be easier when I'm healed."

(Half a team. I need about 20 players for a proper team, for subs and suchlike. And twenty people means two packs for practice games. I reckon I would be best as a pivot-blocker, but if I can get my speed up then I would love to be a jammer. NEW SPORT so much fun. I wish you were nearby so I could rope you into it as well)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:35 am

"It's usually easier to have your dragon take you up," Z'tovan says. "The walk's not horrible, though. Not much farther than the top of Benden. If you feel like you might black out, though, let me know and we'll rest."

The new wing has gotten some of the better quarters in the Weyr, simply by virtue of High Reaches not wanting to offend Benden. Z'tovan would be annoyed by that, but the fact is that he's always had an undesirable ground-level weyr, because there's no point in having a healer who's not close to the healer hall, and there's no point in having a healer hall that injured riders have to climb to.

(Ah okay. ::researches positions quickly:: I had no idea what roller derby was actually about until just now. Also! I would absolutely do that.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:51 am

"I can manage," T'yed grits out - and he does, simply by virtue of being hateful. He /is/ feeling somewhat better, he has to admit, because he's starting to feel angry. Angry that he has to deal with a healer-come-rider who is ordering T'yed about. Angry that of /course/ the first thing that Yamareth does when T'yed is feeling miserable is find a friend. Angry that he has to start all over again. His home was Benden, that was where he was supposed to be until he died.

Now he's here. Being unsure and an outsider is not something that T'yed is used to.

(I've been looking through the WFTDA's rule book for the past couple of days. It's not actually that complicated a game, really, but the little ins and outs are fiddly. Obviously when we realise the glorious pipe dream of having all three of us in the same place, derby and pole is the next step.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:01 am

Z'tovan nods and lets the brownrider go ahead of him on the stairs. They're smooth, worn down by hundreds of years of riders rushing up and down them, but there's no railing on the outside; if the rider stumbles Z'tovan wants to be there to catch him before he falls. "If there's anything you haven't brought, we'll have it sent," he says. "In a sevenday or so you can meet the wing you'll be integrating with."

(DEFINITELY. god we're going to hurt ourselves so much but it will be wonderful.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:06 am

"What can you tell me about the wing?" T'yed figures if he keeps listening, keeps talking, then everything will be fine. Yamareth says something about laying down but T'yed knows he's going to have to start going over formations as soon as possible.

(probably, I mean, I don't know if that's something T'yed would do but hey
the most glorious of bruises
hey speaking of, I reread Thaey and Zop's BDSM first date last night and they are cute, the end. We jumped pretty quickly to Zop being collared and them being freaking sickening but the two of them figuring each other out is pretty amazing.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 am

"You'll be under C'yed as wingleader and J'van as wingsecond," Z'tovan says. The Weyrleaders do like to keep him in the know about these things, which is helpful. "They're good riders, both, a bronze and a brown, but C'yed's never led a wing before. I don't know about the other riders; we're still trying to organize everyone to handle the new dragons. We'll try to keep your current wing together as long as possible."

(Seems likely, as a brownrider he'd probably be a wingsecond in his wing and he'd have to be ready to relay orders and sort out green and blueriders.
I have been rereading emails for the entire day, it's been lovely. and yeah we did move on in that rather quick, didn't we?)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:17 am

T'yed looks over his shoulder - a bad idea in retrospect, since it puts some undue stress on his wound - to Z'tovan and sighs. "An inexperienced wingleader. Marvellous. This entire situation just keeps getting better and better."

(Oh no Thaey with a tiny amount of power
Yeah but in our defense they were being pretty fucking adorable. With Zop fighting until he suddenly wasn't [as far as I can tell, it was after the singletail and cemented the first time Thaey called him 'pet'] and Thaey trying to play it cool and all the sneering at Mouse and they're just cute, okay.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:24 am

"J'van has been a wingsecond for almost twenty years, so there's that, at least. Am I right that you were second in your wing? C'yed will need another."

Ask Yamareth if he really can make it all the way to the weyr, please, he asks Hescath. She responds only with an affirmative thought and a quick rush of excitement/happiness/pleasure. Z'tovan smiles a little despite himself.

(oh noooooooo
yeah they are. and Zop likes to pretend he can fight, but he's really a complete pushover, especially for Thaey.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:28 am

"I was. And I'm good at what I do. I've never seen a brown more graceful and powerful than my Yamareth, and with a good lead we are a huge asset," T'yed says - and pauses, briefly, to catch his breath. He doesn't catch the smile, but if he had then he would be so mad at the thought of Z'tovan finding his climb amusing.

(he's so happyyyyy to have powerrr
Thaey just likes playing him. And having a pretty, writhing ashtray.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:39 am

Z'tovan pauses, as well, hands out to steady the rider if he needs it. He'll have to see Yamareth for himself to know if he's truly so impressive - every rider thinks their dragon is the best - but it is good to hear him speak with such warmth about his dragon.

(it's only a little power Thaey don't get excited.
that was one of the scenes I reread. om, nom, and also nom.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top