[Pernverse] A Transfer to High Reaches Weyr

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Pernverse] A Transfer to High Reaches Weyr

Post by freosan on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:31 pm

"And now I know what to think of your opinion, as well," Z'tovan says mildly.

Luckily the weyrling chooses that moment to come through the curtains, carrying two bowls of stew and a plate of bread. Z'tovan seizes on the opportunity to stop the conversation. He stands and takes the tray from the weyrling, the better to prevent her from trying to flirt with the new brownrider.

(Oh, of course! It sounds so exciting, being an intern. Mouse hopes he has a great day. [Maybe he can also borrow some of Mouse's blade poison.]
Ooooh yes indeed. Zop will react worse than he did to Thaey, almost certainly. Defensive and awkward. He might not pull out the 'here's my dom' card right away because he doesn't know if Thaey really wants to be responsible for protecting him like that. [awwwww]
All the things! Awesome. I did have a pretty good day~ didn't get roses though, maybe tomorrow. Goodnight! <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 am

T'yed forces himself to look less pained, more healthy, around the weyrling - and even winks when she looks back over her shoulder to him as she leaves. He smiles up at Z'tovan. "What, exactly, do you think of my opinion?"

(He'll page her. Later? [He'd much rather watch Mouse use it herself.]
See, this is funnier because the dom that I'm picturing would be so /nice/. Calmly trying to convince Zop that there's nothing to be defensive and awkward about, how about they just talk, they promise they're nice people. And Thaey just circling the whole situation like a shark, watching for either Zop going along or Zop being more than his usual level of nasty to new people. [shh]
Hellooooooooo I have done chores how are you, the Freo~)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 pm

"If you're as reliant on gossip and hearsay about everything as you are about green dragons, you should keep your opinions to yourself," Zop says, unmoved by the smile.

(Yes! Mouse will be looking forward to it. [Wellllll. Mouse /has/ been thinking about going for a new internship.]
this line of conversation has been so jossed by your fic, but I still love it. Zop cannot handle niceness! It doesn't compute.
Hiiiiiiiiii)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 pm

T'yed's smile turns less charming and more amused, pushing his tongue against his bottom lip. It makes him look smug, or at least arrogant. "Perhaps I should be asking if it's greenriders who are moody, not their lady dragons."

(Good. Excellent. Yes. Mitz stands for a moment, just smiling. [Oh. Oh! That - that's wonderful, of course, and Mouse would be an easy hire for anyone with half a brain. But, well. Mitz hopes it isn't this company. He'd hate to come up against that smile of hers in the break room.]
Zop, you have to handle niceness at some point.
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii YOU HAVE RETURNED though I am sleeping soon)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Z'tovan scowls at him and sets the tray down, close to T'yed's sleeping mat, though he's half-tempted to set it at the table out of spite. "It seems the headwoman has invited me to eat with you," he says, nodding at the two bowls. "But I'll leave if you'd rather not be in such moody company."

(Mouse watches him for a second, laughs, and runs off. [Not at his company. She doesn't think she'd be cut out for StrexCorp proper, she says with a laugh. At the radio station.]
Zop will handle niceness when he's good and ready.
awwwwww well so am I so.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:57 pm

"Hm," T'yed honestly thinks about it. "You see, we have a problem with that. You're moody because I am teasing you and I am teasing you because you are moody. It's a vicious cycle. I don't mind you being moody - in fact, this is the most entertained I've been in a while. But you don't have to stay. I can eat alone." Probably. He looks at the bowl and thinks about how difficult it'll be to hold the bowl and feed himself at the same time with his arm in the state that it's in.

Then you should probably think about being nicer to the person attempting to heal you, Yamareth suggests, though he doesn't think it'll make much of a difference.

T'yed ignores him.

(Yeah, Mitz is so taken with her. [Wow, Mouse. That's so amazing! ...does she think she might manage to get to talk one day?]
Thaey thinks that niceness should keep its dirty paws off his boy, but I think that Zop should probably rethink his friendships if he doesn't want niceness. Because, well, Shelby is just plain Nice.
Ah, sleeptimes. The enemy of poking at things. Sigh. I sleep now! GOODNIGHT THE FREO <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Z'tovan follows the flick of T'yed's eyes, shrugs, and sits cross-legged in front of the mat, on the other side of the tray. "Better to see you entertained than sulking," he says, picking up a piece of bread. He tears a bit off and holds it out to T'yed.

(Mouse will be humming [and twice as productive!] the rest of the day. [Oh, she /hopes/ so. Her daddy says she has a voice for radio.]
Zop doesn't even know how Shelby /happened/. One day she was just /there/ and everyone was spilling out their deepest-held secrets to her.
Sleep well the Sin!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 am

"I do not sulk," T'yed protests mildly, taking the bread. "And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't insinuate that I do."

You do sulk.

No, you sulk.

I do not!

Do too.

(PRODUCTIVITY. [Mitz probably looks a bit starstruck. Does she think she'll meet Kevin? He hushes his voice for his name.]
Does she know your deepest-held secrets, Zop.
I slept eventually! And dreamt that I was a New York drug dealer and that the code word for drugs was 'onions'. HELLO FREO how goes the writing?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:16 am

Z'tovan tears off a piece of bread for himself and starts eating. "The trust between healer and patient demands that I tell no one else."

Oh, be nice to him, Hescath warns. You'd like him if you gave him a chance.

He insulted you!

He said no more than others have, and he is more interested in insulting you than me. You react better.

(WOOOO see Mitz is good for her [She doesn't know! Some of the more senior interns get to take notes to him. But she'd probably just be, you know, fetching coffee, filing tapes, coating equipment, that kind of thing.
SHUT UP yes
I dreamt that I was explaining how this works to my coworkers! Very casually, in the office. Also Kevin is crying into his invisible pie.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:34 am

"That's certainly useful to know," T'yed says casually, but stores it away for future use. He chews on the bread, then talks with his mouth full. "You're very defensive. Does that mean you get a lot of guff for riding green?"

(Only because they're both murderous dorks! [Yes, but - /Kevin's/ coffee.]
ooooooooooh what does she know
DREAMS ARE WEIRD but also hilarious, holy crap. Also, Freo, stop making poor Kevin cry, he's a delight)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:40 am

Z'tovan huffs at T'yed's table manners and makes a point of finishing his mouthful before he answers. "Some riders are too arrogant to take orders from a greenrider, even when said greenrider is also the healer of this Weyr."

(The best kind of - nope, never mind. [Maybe Kevin's coffee. It can be a real struggle to get in contact with him, people say.]
....things, just things, stuff, how he always wanted to be a doctor, how he doesn't think he's as smart as he pretends he thinks he is, how he's probably too broken for anyone to want to keep him
I DON'T EVEN. Also NO he is a horrorterror.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:47 am

T'yed laughs while slowly reaching for his bowl. "Is that a very obvious way you're going about letting me know that you're going to order me around?"

(Nah, they're not the best at being murderous dorks. Sorry guys, that position is filled. [Mitz rolls his eyes. Mouse. Think big, think positive. Think /promotion/. She could do it.
Oh man Zop.
Minds are very odd. And SO IS CECIL)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:54 am

"You should already be clear on that," Z'tovan replies. "It's easier for me to exert my authority now, when you can't fight back."

(Hah, yes. I was going to say "best kind of dorks" and then I realized not really. [Really? Does he think she could?]
He has a lot of feelings.
Cecil is a delightful horrorterror!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:16 am

"I'm injured," T'yed inclines his head. "But I am hardly unable to fight back. And you aren't a weapon holding holdless, which I have survived. My apologies for not being terrified by your threat."

(Aw, poor things. Who beat them? [Of course he does. Mouse is amazing.]
He has a lot of feelings about being things and feeling stuff! He better rethink that last one, though, now that he's kept. ALSO I think it's hilarious to picture him and Thaey doing like a medical scene and Zop stopping it because Thaey is doing it wrong, all wrong.
So is Kevin!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:45 am

Z'tovan snorts. "I'm not brainless enough to take you on in a fight," he says. "But, so far, you've been a good patient. I'm hoping that's a sign of good sense, and not just because you don't have your wing at your back."

(Well, "murderous" isn't really the best type of anything. [Mitz is sweet. Thank you. She /does/ look forward to trying.]
He's rethinking a lot of it now he's kept. Also, that IS hilarious, excellent, that should be a thing. Like "sir you can't do that without putting gloves on, what are you thinking."
Any adjectives applied to Kevin's horrorterrorness are much less reassuring!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:50 am

"Who needs one," T'yed mutters, attempting to balance the bowl on his leg. "I see no point in denying treatment at this point. I do so more for Yamareth than any deference for you or anyone here, though." He holds up his good hand, swallowing seconds before speaking and making weird noises in doing so. "Not to say that there won't be some respect there eventually. But no-one has yet to earn it."

(We have a lot of characters who would disagree with you. [Mitz looks forward to finally hearing her voice on the radio.]
"Red" "Wait, what? I haven't touched you!" "Yes, but you called that a catheter. And that is definitely not a catheter, sir."
Lies and slander!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 am

"I'm the only person you've spoken to, so far, save the Weyrleader," Z'tovan points out. "Give it a few weeks. We're not Benden, I suppose, but we have good men here."

(Well yeah but our characters are not to be trusted. [Mouse will make sure he knows if she's ever going to be on.]
Thaey is just like "I thought you /wanted/ to do this" and Zop is like "Not if it's going to be /wrong/. Also don't try to put that in my dick, that's not where that goes."
Kevin is literally covered in blood and viscera at this very moment!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:59 am

"The fact that this is not Benden works in your favor," T'yed admits. Then pauses, thinking. "Our favor," he corrects himself.

(I'm sure quite a few people are hurt. [From the first day she starts interning, Mitz will listen even harder than before.]
Thaey is going to ragequit. He knows /nothing/ about medical things and if he knew that Zop knew about it he would have studied but since he's /so bad/ at it all then WHAT IS THE POINT
That doesn't mean he's any less of a nice person!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:17 am

Z'tovan smiles a little. "Wasn't your kind of place, I take it?" If the man is this bitter about his old Weyr, Z'tovan wants his side of the story; he could have a point, but he could also have been the problem.

(Oh, probably, but fuck 'em. [Awwwww.]
Zop literally set up the entire scene for him, he assumed Thaey would be able to go from there. It's not a big deal, they can try again some other time, if Thaey wants.
The former owner of that blood and viscera would probably disagree!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:13 am

T'yed growls a little. "It was a hold telling everyone that they value their riders, but they only value weirdness. Of course, it's all because the Weyrleader is the weirdest."

Dropped all pretense of loyalty, I see, Yamareth stretches lazily - maybe showing off a little because he knows Hescath is still watching. He's not sure if he's interested or not, but flattery is always nice. Especially when he has to deal with a rider with wounded pride.

"I lost any loyalty I had to that hold when they decided to defend a holdless who got lucky instead of a brownrider who gave them his life," T'yed tells Z'tovan and Yamareth.

(Aw, poor touchy characters. [Awww indeed.]
Thaey's not in the mood to be stopped for mispronouncing anything or for not knowing the exact use of tools he has no interest in.
The former owner of that blood and viscera should have probably fought harder!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:48 am

Z'tovan raises an eyebrow. "I have yet to meet E'tien, but from everything I've heard, he's a steady rider. Green, of course, but so are all the bronzeriders at Benden. He has some flaw we should be aware of?" He flicks his gaze to the bandages on T'yed's shoulder, than back to his face. "Is it he who dueled you?"

(I'm.... gonna assume T'yed meant 'weyr' throughout, here.)

(Sorry. Sorry! It just grates.
For the twelve hundreth time, that's not how they do things here.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:54 am

T'yed attempts to roll said shoulder, automatically, but ends up just hurting himself. "Nn. Yes, it was him," he says, but leaves it there. "Are you calling me inexperienced?"

(shh yes. sigh)

(Then find someone else who gives a damn.
And for the twelve hundred and first time, it's difficult to get out of the habit! Kevin's trying. But if you were raised and praised for covering your mouth whenever you coughed, wouldn't you find it difficult to stop all of a sudden?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:57 am

"If I'm not very much mistaken, that dragon of yours is a brown," Z'tovan says dryly. "I suppose that is why we didn't hear much more than that you were injured. What was the cause of the duel?"

(eh, no worries.)

(Zop curls in on himself slightly. Sorry, sir.
It takes a little more effort of thought and physical form to rip someone's lungs out through their stomach than it does to cover a cough.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:02 am

"You didn't say no," T'yed reminds him. "The cause was - ridiculous. I was trying to set right a wrong and --" T'yed makes a face "-- E'tien decided it was duel-worthy."

(siigh)

(Thaey roars quietly in frustration. There is no way he provide this for Zop. So, really, if he wants this that badly then Thaey suggests he find someone else. Does Zop want this scenario badly enough to go to someone else? Is Thaey that grating?
Oh, barely! Well. Perhaps for Cecil it takes more effort.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:10 am

"We're all inexperienced. I've been riding for twenty turns, and I'm inexperienced. Drills are different from Threadfall." Z'tovan frowns at T'yed's explanation; it's just enough to give an idea of what happened, but with no actual content. "He was the one to challenge the duel?"

(there are so many terms.)

(...No, sir. Can they just do something else, maybe?
At the very least there are more muscle groups involved.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:15 am

"He challenged me, yes. After I challenged a bluerider to a duel and won," T'yed shrugs his good shoulder, having learned better.

It was hardly a duel, was it.

If he had bothered to fight back, dear one, it would have been. Not my fault he was useless.

(so many T-T)

(They can talk about why Zop wanting to do this so badly, and why he was so pedantic.
Coughs are rather hard on the body, actually. You can slip a disk!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:37 am

Z'tovan is honestly shocked by that. "Is Benden always so violent? Did the bluerider end like -" he stops, looking again at T'yed's bandages. "There's no fighting like that in this Weyr. What insult could possibly be worth that?"

(::pats:: You get used to it eventually.)

(It's a kink, alright? Zop doesn't interrogate Thaey about his kinks.
Still better than slitting someone's throat!)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:41 am

T'yed rolls his eyes. "It was a long time coming," he explains. "The bluerider took a lot from me. And was treated better than me, despite all my work. That, plus laying with the surprise bronzerider - well. Preferential treatment shouldn't go on without being challenged, I believe."

(:[)

(No, he doesn't. But there are few kinks that Thaey has that he doesn't share with Zop.
That's a matter of opinion.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:04 am

Z'tovan nods, slowly. "There was no way to settle it peacefully, I take it, with the Weyrleader involved in that way."

(Yeah, well. Zop has /all/ the kinks, apparently.
One can heal from a slipped disk. Fairly quickly, if you're them.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:09 am

"That particular rider was the Weyrleader's fosterling," T'yed says. Gossips, really. He's aware of it. But if he can't gossip against Benden then he can't gossip at all. "So there was no chance. And, if I'm honest, he had it coming. He just happened to have a criminal in his corner. Excuse me - a criminal turned bronzerider."

(Apparently. Thaey sighs. He isn't against this kink, pet. He's against not knowing much about it or not knowing how much Zop wants it. If he insists on making it sound like he doesn't care either way then Thaey won't be able to gauge anything. Does he understand?
Well, one can heal from a slit throat too. Sometimes. Or would, if this town had proper medical care.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:17 am

Z'tovan nods again, quietly chewing his food. He has no idea Benden could have let a situation like that get to the point of dueling over it. Perhaps he can talk to some of his friends in the other Weyr and get more of the story.

(Yes, sir. And he wanted to try it, but it didn't work, that's all. It's not like Zop's going to get bored or anything.
And can one heal from having their intestines strewn across two blocks in Desert Bluffs?)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 am

(Hopefully he doesn't, because T'yed is really trying to get someone on his side, here.) T'yed decides that it's easier to just dip bread into the bowl on the mat instead of having it on his knee. "Got all the the information you were looking for?"

(No-one said anything about being bored, pet.
Kevin laughs. Oh, not likely. That'd be something, though!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Z'tovan shrugs. "I still don't know what could have possessed the Weyrleader to allow that, or what your original grievance was. Or why you're here, instead of the bluerider who caused the trouble. But here you are. I hope you'll find us less difficult than Benden."

(Zop sighs. Zop doesn't need it.
Something is right.)

I'm sleeping but I wanted to get one more shot in before I did, goodnight <3<3
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 am

T'yed chews and thinks for a moment. I need at least one person on my side. And with his dragon flirting with you, I think he might be easy enough to persuade. But I need it to stick.

Tell the truth. I keep telling you that it works.

No-one wants the truth.

Try it, you stubborn fool.

T'yed sighs. "The Weyrleader wouldn't punish his fosterling too harshly, not when it's easier to transfer me," he says, smiling humorlessly. "And - there were many grievances. The one that broke it all apart was that the bluerider," T'yed swallows, shaking his head. "He took a girl a from me." He dips a piece of bread into stew. "I don't intend to bother with that anymore, so I assume I will get along fine here."

(That's not what Thaey suggested either.
Kevin's sure StrexCorp would be able to manufacture some kind of way to help someone strewn, as you described, if they thought that it would benefit the company and therefore the community.)

hiiiii I was awake when you posted this but only in the sense that I could read, not type. HI THERE HOW ARE YOU
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:48 am

Z'tovan lifts an eyebrow, waiting for a moment to see if there's something else forthcoming, but nothing is. He nods. "All this over a woman. She must have been something really special," he says. It may be that the Weyrleader made the sensible choice, pawning someone like this off on another Weyr.

(Does Thaey want to ask him something specific?)

I AM GOOD HOW ARE YOU
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:24 am

"It sounds frivolous," T'yed agrees. "But it was something like the last straw." He curls his lip bitterly. "Not that it matters," he gestures to his shoulder, then around them. "I lost the fight, but I don't have to be passed over for him any longer."

(No. Thaey sighs. He's going to put the coat and stethoscope away.)

I AM PRETTY GOOD ALSO I have the house to myself and I've been watching shitty shows and playing minecraft for toooooo long
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down