[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am

Mitz blinks, but there's definitely something about the directness of the request that snaps him out of his distracted haze. "Oh, uh," Mitz looks up and points. "I actually studied a little bit of hieroglyphs to try to get them right. No-one will notice. But I like them."

He assumes things? Like what?
Dick gives Jerel a smile, but it's still tight and worried and maybe a little peeved. "I'm glad to hear it," he says quietly. It's said to Jerel, meant to look private, but he knows Jason can hear them.
He could always ask Pennyworth for a burger? It's his job to provide guests with what they would like.

Dick laughs. Oh man, Dick's going to get all messed up soon enough. He won't be able to tell the difference between fake flirting and real flirting if Jerel's not careful.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 am

"Do the pictograms you put on them -- do any of them have meanings, then?" Snooze asks, genuinely interested. He /loves/ knowing things no one else does.

Mostly about what people are going to do. They do not often do the thing Damian thinks they were going to do. He frowns. It complicates planning ahead.
Jerel brings Dick's hand to his mouth and brushes his lips over his knuckles. It didn't feel right to lean in and kiss him properly, not when Dick really only wanted a friend for the evening -- but it still looked like Dick needed a little affection.
Oh, but the fancy food might be good, too, Colin points out. He wants to try it all, anyway. He's staying over, so they can always have midnight burgers later, he grins.

It's true, Jerel has not made any effort so far in distinguishing the two. Do guys flirt differently than girls? He hasn't ever noticed.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Mitz goes pink and rubs his hand through his hair. "I mean, maybe? There's no way of telling if I got anything right at all," he warns Snooze. "But it's...more or less? Uh. 'Party on'." It was funny to him when he did it, but he never expected to have to explain what he did. It sounds kind of lame when he says it out loud and he instantly wishes he could sink into the floor and disappear.

Maybe, and this is just a suggested /thought/, maybe Damian should stop trying to plan every last thing?
Dick smiles at Jerel, genuinely grateful--but sad again. He sort of wishes this could happen again, for real. Or that anything Jerel was doing or saying /was/ real. Jason sighs loudly and picks his beer up when he stands. "You're both boring," he announces, then gives Dick a Look. He knows there's something up. He just hasn't figured it out yet.
Damian will remember that suggestion, he promises.

Dick shrugs. Kinda. Guys tend to joke around more.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:18 pm

Snooze laughs. "So if an ancient Egyptian walked in here, he might translate it as 'celebrate fowards'?"

That is a rather optimistic thought.
"You'd say that even if we were skydiving," Jerel shoots at Jason as he leaves. Then he turns back to Dick and smiles. "I told him he was intimidating. That should keep him happy for a while, right?"
Good! Colin wriggles. So, the tie is good? Damian's looks great, by the way, he loves that colour on him. (is that something normal people say, he wonders abruptly, but brushes it off)

In case something gets taken the wrong way, Jerel guesses.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 pm

Mitz smiles carefully at Snooze's laugh, then points out another bunch. "Those actually loosely translate to 'continue to be jovial'. Or thereabouts? Yeah."

Yeah. Yeah, it is.
Dick thinks about that. "Intimidating, but you weren't easily scared off?" he clarifies, the hums. "Well. I think you might have just piqued his interest. He might try to steal you too." That comes out bitter, and Dick hates it instantly.
Damian turns and smooths the fabric on Colin's chest. It looks magnificent. Colin looks dashing.

Dick shrugs again. He never really thought about the 'why'. But he likes joking around, so it was never a problem.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Snooze grins at him, properly amused. "I like that. That's appropriate. And it sounds like a blessing, the Egyptians would probably have liked it, too. Did you," he wonders, "put anything that, perhaps, the history teacher should not see?"

Damian just likes to have that feeling of, well, control.
Jerel gives one of those short, disbelieving laughs. "I think he'd hate himself, to be honest, if that happened. I'm pretty sure he was just making sure you're happy." Because you seem sad every time you look at me, Jerel doesn't say. That'd be very unprofessional.
Colin puffs up under Damian's praise -- and touch. He'll fit right in, then. Especially next to Damian.

Well, Dick's a pretty funny guy, Jerel says. He puts exactly no emphasis on the pretty, intending for it to /sound/ like 'pretty funny', but what he means is 'pretty, funny'. That kiss really kind of shook him up.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Mitz frowns, unsure of what Snooze means for a second. "Oh. Ohhh," he says slowly, his blush deepening. "Uh. No? Sorry. I didn't think to do anything - interesting."

Mm, yeah, Colin hasn't noticed /at all/.
Dick sighs. "You're right," he says, then relaxes a little. "Jason's a good kid. He's always been a good kid. I'm just being a little bit of a jerk." He looks at Jerel and touches his cheek. "You're kind of amazing, though," he says honestly.
He always looks right next to Damian. Come along, then, they'll go get a seat and wait for Damian's father.

Yeah, he tries to be. It chills people out a little, Dick smiles.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Snooze curls his arm around Mitz's. "Probably for the best. Imagine the teachers' faces. And you might not get your award, if they found out." He shakes his head. "Definitely for the best."

Sarcasm is unbecoming, Colin, Damian says primly.
Jerel can barely breathe, at that. He manages to say, "Only kind of?" but really, it got to him. He gets lots of compliments when he dresses up. You look amazing. You smell amazing. But... you are amazing, that's different.
Colin makes sure he's right next to Damian, really.

That's true, Jerel agrees. It makes sense. He doesn't know anyone who reacts /badly/ to bad jokes and innuendos.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Mitz smiles. "No, no, I'm pretty sure they think it's just a bunch of randomly chosen images," he says, looking at the carvings. "But that's okay? It's kind of an in-joke. ...I've never really shared one with someone else before. So that's cool. Thank you."

Maybe, Colin grins. But Damian doesn't mind so much, right?
"I'm trying to be subtle," Dick admits with a lopsided smile. He's still touching Jerel's cheek. He thinks that's okay. It's probably okay.
Damian wouldn't have it any other way.

The groans are actually Dick's favorite, too.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:04 pm

"My pleasure," Snooze says. "Now it's our in-joke." He likes that.

Damian pretends to pause and think about it.
"Doesn't suit you, Mr. Flashy Handstands," Jerel says. He's trying so hard not to lean /too much/ into Dick's hand, but he doesn't want it to stop, so he is leaning just slightly.
He says the /nicest/ things.

Yeah, Jerel bets. He snickers.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:13 pm

Mitz's careful smile evolves into a bright and wide beaming. "That's a nice thought," he admits. He's actually forgotten to keep an eye on where Thaey is. Once he remembers he'll be in a panic, but right now he feels great.

Colin laughs and shoves Damian gently. Dami! Don't lie.
"/That/ is not a snappy nickname," Dick snorts. He strokes a thumb over Jerel's cheekbone and then drops his hand. He reaches over to where he was sitting and gets his water, for something to do with his hands. "We might have to work on your nickname giving skills, gorgeous."
They both know that is a lie. But it is a pleasant one.

Dick was sorta flirting, he tells Jerel. In case he needed to know what it looks like.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:17 pm

Snooze is honestly enchanted by that look. He suddenly hopes, /really/ hopes, that Mitz will still want to talk to him and spend time with him after the dance. "Tell me more of what they say?"

Damian smirks, his version of a teasing smile. Colin fell for it.
Jerel's face is cold, when Dick's hand is gone, and he immediately squeezes the hand of Dick's he's still got captive in his own. "I'm willing to take lessons."
Damian literally just said one of the nicest things Colin's ever heard, and he thinks Colin's lying? Colin shakes his head. Nope. No lie here.

When? Just now, when he blew Jerel's brain out the back of his head with that kiss?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:03 am

Mitz looks at them and shrugs. "There's nothing else, really? I mean. 'Proceed in a celebratory fashion' looks really authentic, I think," he points it out. "But it's not really right? I was just having some fun. ...The board holding up the sarcophagus has my name on it?"

/No/. No, he did not. Because Damian wouldn't be like that.
"Oh, man, I'd like that," Dick laughs a little. He squeezes Jerel's hand back. He doesn't know if it's awful or kind of great that Jerel's so good at acting like he wants to be here with Dick. "Two lessons a week, one in handstands and one in nicknames. I'd get to see so much of you."
Eyeroll. Colin said that Damian says the nicest things, not that he said a nice thing. Damian does not say the nicest things. That implies that he never stops saying these things and they both know that's not true.

Dick laughs, ducking his head. Okay, the kiss wasn't that great, stop exaggerating. And, no, he meant just now. He's not the greatest flirt in the whole world, he'll grant.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:02 pm

"Would you be able to do my name?" Snooze asks, and also, "Show me yours?"

Damian's smirk softens right down into a smile, not that he notices. Colin knows him well.
Jerel smiles. "Would the lessons be dates, or would there be dates on top of those?"
Damian says the nicest things compared to other things that have been said to Colin. Lots of things that have been said to Colin are just, time for bed, brush your teeth, do your homework. So Damian says the nicest things.

Well, in case Dick didn't pick it up, Jerel's flirting back. Or trying to, so.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:22 pm

"Once I google it," Mitz grins. "I could make you something with it on. It'd be easy."

Colin leans against Damian's shoulder. He does.
"Which would you prefer?" Dick flirts a little.
Damian frowns a little. Then he will say nicer things. ...if he can. He's not very good at it, as he's said.

Ohhh, Dick nods in realisation. Practice. Right.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:25 pm

"I would like that," Snooze tells him. "Definitely a conversation piece."

Damian takes the hint and wraps his arm around Colin's shoulders, side-hugging him in his own way. That is acceptable.
"Two times a week is definitely not enough face time," Jerel fake-whispers.
Damian doesn't have to try. He just seems to say them when he means them. That's the best.

He's been flirting for a few years, now, you would think he wouldn't need any more practice at it. But you can never have enough flirting practice.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Mitz has never really been part of helping someone meet other people, and that's exciting, but it makes him a little sad that he'll probably be helping Snooze start conversations with people more interesting than him. "I'll do what I can as soon as possible," he promises.

Colin sighs happily and leans his head on Damian's shoulder. He's so excited. Damian rarely shows this level of affection in front of so many people.
Dick, for a second, looks absolutely smitten. "Gosh, isn't that the truth of the matter," he murmurs.
Damian's... glad that Colin feels that way.

Well, Dick shrugs, it must have worked. He is Jerel's fake-boyfriend, after all.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:56 pm

"It will be something to remember the night by," Snooze points out. "Whenever one of us sees it, we will remember. Here's hoping it is a good night. A good memory."

They rarely talk about such intimate matters at the dinner table, too. It is a night for new things.
Jerel gives him a moment to recover by taking a sip of his water, but he's smiling at Dick the whole time, because he can't seem to stop.
Colin gives him a wide smile.

And that wasn't even face-to-face flirting, that was online flirting. Whole different ball game, that one. A lot more difficult to tell the difference between fake flirting and real flirting, too, when it's just text. Jerel's glad Dick actually understood him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Mitz chuckles nervously, suddenly remembering to look for Thaey. "I won't do anything if it's a bad night? Is that better?" He scans the room behind Snooze, walking him over to the beam where his name is while he does, getting more and more panicked the longer he goes without seeing Thaey. He's lost him.

Intimate matters? About how Damian is really good at things? That's not too intimate.
Dick smiles back, then bumps his shoulder against Jerel's--a kind of 'quit it' motion. 'Stop teasing me', but friendly like he's realised a joke was told about him and it was actually pretty good.
Damian's expression softens somewhat. Colin's smile makes his world better.

Maybe Dick was just smitten before Jerel decided to do that. Maybe Dick had a crush?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Snooze walks with Mitz. He shakes his head. "No, I'd like something even if it is a bad night. It has been good so far. I want to remember this part, at least." He's noticed that Mitz is becoming slowly more jittery. His bully must have entered the room. "Is something the matter?"

It is personal.
Jerel bumps Dick back. "To be honest," he says, giving Dick something to work with. "I think you should surprise me with the lessons, but plan the dates, or the other way around. That way some of the face time would feel like a bonus."
That is exactly Colin's goal.

Did Dick cheer him on the sidelines at all his games, or something? Watch his online dot flicker green like Gatsby watching Daisy? Jerel grins.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:25 pm

"Technically, nothing, no," Mitz says, frowning. "He's not in the room."

Alright. Colin doesn't think that Damian's nicer sides should be that personal, but he keeps that to himself.
"Don't say that, I'll turn up on your doorstep with flowers and chocolates if you're not careful," Dick joke-threatens.
Damian is quiet for a long while, since he enjoys their silences, but eventually he opens his mouth again. He's very, very glad that he met Colin. He's extremely--fond of Colin.

Jerel's actually in Dick's phone as 'Daisy', Dick says seriously.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:35 pm

"Ah," says Snooze. "Perhaps he has gone out to drink with the cool kids. Perhaps you do not even have to worry," he adds. He wonders when he got so optimistic.

It comes back around to Colin being important.
Jerel grins. "Remind me to pick up some hayfever medication, just in case."
Colin smiles so hard his face hurts. He's fond of Damian, too. Really fond. Damian makes his life... bright. Better. Amazing.

Jerel makes a face. Let's try not to run anyone over this weekend, okay? He wouldn't say no to throwing a bombastic party, though.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:40 am

Mitz gives Snooze a smile, because isn't that a nice way of looking at the world, but he's too panicked at this point for the smile to come out anything but twisted. "If he's not here, then he's not here on purpose. Because he knew I was here. And that's really scary." (I might have a Carrie-like happening for Mitz but I don't know if it's too cruel even for Thaey.)

Does Damian think it would be okay if Colin kissed Damian on the cheek right now?
"Just chocolates, then," Dick amends with a grin. "What are your favorite kind?"
Damian inhales slowly, because he needs to regulate his breath and slow his heart down, and squeezes Colin's hand. Thank you.

Dick's not sure if Jerel's grandparents would be into that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Snooze moves on impulse, and slides one of his arms around Mitz's back. "Do not forget -- I am right here. Right here with you." (Thaey's right into humiliation, though, right? And if he thought he could get away with it...)

Damian feels strangely like he's going to swallow his tongue. Yes, he thinks that would be acceptable.
"Oh, anything with a gooey filling," Jerel laughs. "Caramel, strawberry, peppermint. I love the gooey fillings." That goes for people, too, but he won't say that out loud because it could be taken to mean sex /or/ feelings. Either one is too revealing.
It's absolutely Colin's pleasure. He rubs Damian's knuckles with his fingers.

Jerel didn't say they had to /invite/ anyone to the bombastic party, he grins. Depending on the video games and beverages available, it could still be bombastic and be just the two -- or, well, four, he guesses -- of them.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Mitz jumps, but doesn't move away. "I keep thinking about how I shouldn't have dragged you into this," Mitz murmurs, his eyes still darting around the room. "But then? Y'know. It's kind of nice not to have to lie about stuff. That sounds sad. Forget, forget I said that." (Truuuuue.)

Colin makes a squeaky kind of happy noise, then leans in to peck Damian on his cheek.
"That's filthy," Dick says into his water before he drinks. "Or maybe it's perfectly innocent and everyone was right about my gutter brain."
Damian likes that altogether too much, though he worries about whether or not his knuckles are too rough to be nice to touch. They should go inside, he suggests.

Oh, hey, yeah. Jerel's brother and his date. There goes Dick's plans to subtly monopolise all of Jerel's private time.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Snooze holds Mitz steady and close. "I know what you mean, though. Lying is always exhausting -- and sad. It is worst when you have to lie."

Damian does absolutely nothing to fight the blush that crawls up his cheeks. And the tiny smile he gives Colin is the most honest one yet.
"I'm not saying a word," says Jerel, his grin even reaching his eyes.
Yeah, Colin agrees. They should find somewhere good to sit. And say hi to everybody.

Jerel laughs. He might still be able to. Those two will probably sneak off to be awkward together in private as much as they can.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Mitz shakes his head. "Better than the alternative," he says quietly, then sighs. "I can't find him. Would---do you think it might be okay if we sat in one of the corners for a little while? I promise not for the whole night. I'm... this is the worst date ever. Even though you knew it wasn't a date. It's still terrible. I'm so sorry." Mitz is slowly working towards the edge of panic attack territory.

Colin returns the smile, though wider, and goes deep red when Jason wolf-whistles down the table at both of them.
"I bet," Dick grins back. Alfred starts serving out the mains, much to everyone's joy, and without thinking Dick takes Jerel's hand to rest on Dick's leg while he holds it. Comfortable affection and nothing else.
Everybody can take care of themselves.

Gosh, that sounds adorable though. Maybe Dick'll get in a viewing of the cute awkwardness as well. This weekend is going to be a blast.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Snooze immediately starts to pull Mitz towards the quietest corner, the one with the least threatening, fewest people. He has his own sense of threatening people, acutely developed, after all -- he mostly just didn't let himself give in to it. "This way," he says, quietly. "I don't mind at all. Dancing is not something I am incredibly fond of," he admits.

Damian serves Jason with a vulgar hand gesture from one of the many countries he grew up in. But he shuffles closer to Colin as he does it.
Jerel ducks his head; he looks at their hands and smiles, rather obviously, like any date would. But at least some of that smile is private, for himself. This casual affection thing Dick has going is really addictive. It's no wonder Jason implied he had a lot of dates. Exes, actually.
Yeah, they can, but Colin spends so much time here, with these people. They're Damian's family. So they're kind of like Colin's family. Sort of.

Teenage awkwardness is not all that cute, Jerel assures Dick. Watching Mitz, it doesn't look like all that much fun. Jerel does his best not to, y'know, ever feel awkwardness or embarrassment. Takes some effort.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:29 am

"Well, no, I mean," Mitz starts shakily, then closes his eyes and steadies his breath before trying again. "...I mean to say that we could do something else, not just dance. I don't, sorry, I don't know /what/."

Colin takes Damian's hand when he's done using it. He didn't have to do that. Damian's brother is just having some fun.
Dick watches Jerel's smile appear on his face, allowing himself to be caught in the pull. "I know you know," he says softly. "But your smile lights up the room. It has to be said."
If he would like them, Colin is welcome to them.

Yeah, sounds like it. Embarrassment is easy enough to ignore, Dick supposes. He doesn't really feel it anymore. But awkwardness kind of has its place, sometimes.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:23 pm

"I have always had the impression that these dances were mostly for dancing -- but also for talking," Snooze says. "One of my schools called them 'socials'. We can talk, and we can find your friend Mouse and see how she is, if you like."

Damian curls his fingers around Colin's. He's being mean. He is trying to get them, Damian and Colin, to be embarrassed and stop whatever they are doing. Damian doesn't want to stop.
Jerel looks up at Dick slowly, and his smile is the most real one he's got. "You're a charmer, Dick Grayson," he says, very soft.
Well, Damian is his family. So Colin at least wants to get along with the rest of Damian's family.

Oh, yeah? Name one time when awkwardness is a /good/ thing, Jerel challenges.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 pm

"No! No," Mitz shakes his head, then waves it off. "Nah, there's no point. She's definitely dancing. Dancing with people." Mitz shakes his head again. The last thing Mouse needs is her unpopular weird neighbour friend getting in the way of a good night. "Could we just stick together? Until you want to go?"

Colin chuckles a little. No, Dami, that's not what it is. Some people don't know how to look happy for people, right? Colin really doesn't think Damian's brother was being mean. He was just being loud.
Dick strokes his thumb over Jerel's knuckles. "Yeah, I wish," Dick smiles back.
The rest of Damian's family adores Colin and would gladly swap him out if it meant they got to keep Colin around.

They were pretty awkward before they just did their kissing practice, if Jerel would kindly cast his mind back.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 pm

Snooze squeezes his arm around Mitz's shoulders. "I was not going anywhere."

Damian pulls a face at Jason -- then gives Colin one of his little, little smiles.
Jerel gazes at Dick, wistful and smiling, until someone reminds both of them that there's food going cold in front of their faces.
So long as Colin got to keep Damian, anything else in their lives could change and he'd be okay.

And was it a good thing at the time? No. It just made them both all hesitant and shy. Jerel is /so/ not a shy person.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Mitz turns his head and wow, okay, Snooze is closer than he thought. He looks away again, blushing. "I owe you," Mitz whispers. He does. He's this close to swearing a life-debt.

Colin's ears go pink. He thanks Damian for letting him kiss him.
Dick laughs and uncurls his fingers from Jerel's, but scoots his chair closer to him. He eats in relative silence, like everyone else when the food first comes out, but enjoys his and Jerel's legs touching perhaps a little too much.
Damian squeezes Colin's hand. That is, possibly, one of Damian's favorite things that Colin has said.

Dunno, Dick shrugs. He thought it was a little sweet.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Snooze shakes his head. "No," he says. "I am here, at a dance, with you, rather than home, alone in my bedroom. You have done me a favour as much as I have done for you."

To be honest, it was Damian's pleasure.
Jerel is wallowing in a pit of regret and self-pity that he ever accepted this date, because at any other point in time, they could have been just two people on a beautiful date, but the way things stand, Dick knows Jerel is a prostitute. That taints everything between them. -- But on the surface, he focuses on the food, and the appreciative noises that spill out at how /awesome/ the food is.
Colin smiles widely at Damian and squeezes his hand right back. Good. Good, excellent. It's the truth.

Jerel gives him a side-on look. Really?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Mitz smiles. "Then I owe you for a little more than just being here tonight," he says, as firm as he gets. "Really, Snooze. Even without Thaey being horrible, I would have either been by myself at home or sitting right here. With no-one. Waiting for the trophy call." He smiles, apologetic. The truth is embarrassing and he doesn't want to make Snooze feel uncomfortable. But he needs to make it clear. He owes Snooze.

Colin's sure it was a pleasure for both of them.
Dick knows that, sure. But he also knows that, tonight, Jerel is safe. And that he's going to be maybe be well paid enough for tonight that he doesn't have to put himself in harm's way for a little while at least. And that he's having a good time. Sometimes Jerel smiles and Dick thinks "Oh my god, that one /must/ be real" and gets caught in it for a second or two. And he likes the food! Dick grins at Jerel through their meal. He just wants him to have a wonderful date.
Damian coughs awkwardly. Good. Yes.

Dick smiles. Really. He doesn't think he remembers the last time someone even pretended to be shy around him. Made him feel kind of nice, or special, or whatever.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:39 pm

"Then we have both come out very well from this," Snooze says, and his own smile isn't apologetic. He hopes his smile is reassuring.

Damian's smile turns a touch wicked. He couldn't possibly know what Colin means.
Jerel is having a much better time than he thought he would. He had this image of a family dinner that completely changed when Dick said it'd be at Wayne Manor, but it turned out more like the first one after all. These people, for all their finery, are all real people who seem to like each other. And Dick is honestly wonderful, and wonderfully honest.
Colin bumps his shoulder. Let's go. Hey, the sooner they eat, the sooner they can escape and play video games.

Jerel gives him a curious look. Well, Dick's pretty confident, Jerel says. Maybe he makes other people feel confident, too.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Mitz literally cannot get the words out of his mouth to tell Snooze that Mitz isn't so great and he knows that everyone else has been really quiet with Snooze but Mitz is scraping the bottom of the barrel and he can do so much better. But Snooze is smiling at Mitz like he's worth more than he is, and he can't get the words out. "Yeah, maybe," he says, goofy and a little dazed by the attention.

What? Oh--/Damian/. Colin laughs and goes red again. That's not what he meant! That's not what he meant at the /time/. ...it might be what he means now, though.
Dick wishes Jerel could meet the girls, but they're off jetsetting and being way more interesting than the rest of them could manage. But Jerel would have loved Steph joking around the table and Cass quietly complimenting Jerel's tie or something.
Colin always does manage to say the most perfect things, doesn't he?

Dick's mouth thins at that look, because he knew he shouldn't have said anything. But he doesn't back down. Maybe that's it. Dick likes that! But it didn't work on Jerel, he guesses.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Snooze leads Mitz to one of the tiny tables set up in the corners. They're near the windows, where the air is cooler. "Are you going to get your photo taken for the yearbook with the trophy?" he asks. "Do you want me to be there for that?"

Damian snickers. So long as they are on the same page.
Jerel wants to say that maybe he'll get to meet them another time, but that's highly unlikely. If he ends up on another date with Dick, this will turn into some rescue mission for Dick. Jerel doesn't want to be a rescue mission.
Colin beams. He knew Damian would like that one.

More like the reverse, Jerel jokes. Jerel's usually confident, so he goes off all awkward and shy around Dick. At least this isn't like a real relationship where Jerel'd have to hide somewhere if he felt this stupid. He can just tell Dick. Dick's not expecting him to be Mr Perfect Boyfriend.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 am

Mitz pauses. "I, uh, I hadn't thought about pictures," he admits. "Do you want to have a picture taken? It's okay if you don't." But proof that Mitz got a date once would be pretty cool. (Imagine Mitz keeping the picture beside his bed and taking it out and staring and smiling afterwards, hiding it when Jerel bursts into his room, Jerel convinced that it's porn.)

Even if they weren't, Colin usually catches up to Damian.
Dick promised no Pretty Woman antics. He wants to have Jerel know he's amazing, and to have a good time without being used, but Dick wants that for everyone. Besides, if he had a big problem with the whole profession then he wouldn't be planning a several hundred dollar tip at the end of the night.
It involves being alone with Colin. Of course he would like that one.

Do the girls that Jerel dates think he has to be Mr Perfect Boyfriend? That sounds like a lot of work.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:21 am

"I do not mind pictures," Snooze assures him. "If you would like it, I would be happy to." (His mother relieved that Mitz is finally hiding /something/ under his mattress, heh. The lack of diary was severely disappointing to her.)

Damian rarely has to slow down for him, either. Colin's quite clever. Very fast.
Jerel isn't going to want to take his money, when Dick's gone so far to give Jerel an excellent night. He almost wants to refund Dick's money altogether. He'd do it, if there wasn't already a record on the system that his -- well, his pimp -- could see.
Colin grins at Damian. Maybe sometime soon they can go out to dinner, just the two of them? Or have dinner here, just the two of them? Wherever Damian wants.

Well, Jerel thinks that he should probably always be trying to be Mr Perfect Boyfriend to the girls he dates. You know? Like, it can be a lot of work, but he likes doing it. He likes being a great guy. But inevitably he slips up and they break up.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:26 pm

"They'll probably want some kind of photo taken," Mitz says slowly, feeling around the idea. He's in a lot of pictures for the yearbook, being in a few clubs. But he's usually at the back, nowhere near the focus for any attention. "If they say anything, then yes?" (Poor Helen, getting nothing to use against her son or even good material for any of her behavioural books.)

Colin ducks his head, smiling. Nothing like how Damian is fast. That was terrible English. Sorry. He's all--flustered.
Dick really doesn't want Jerel to go without knowing that he was excellent. He was great at doing what he promised he would do, which is help Dick not feel so alone at this thing. And he was a great date. Since Dick can't ask for him again just to give him flowers or some other clich├ęd gift, he can at least make sure Jerel gets a money boost.
They... yes, they can absolutely have dinner together. By themselves. Is Colin quite sure he would like to be seen in public with Damian? He'll get in the papers. It's not always pleasant.

Yeah, that sounds kind of like Jerel trying to be perfect means he's not being himself. No-one's perfect. And if he managed to convince someone that he was then of course they would get disappointed when they met the real person underneath the lie. Dick likes the non-perfect Jerel, he grins. He's fun. The perfect version would probably creep him out a little.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Snooze nods, smiling. "I would like that." (/honestly/ Mitz so /inconsiderate/)

Damian understands what he means. And, well. Damian was grown in a tube. His smile is a little flat. He is not really on the same scale as normal people.
Is Dick going to be driving him back to the city? If so, Jerel will be wrestling with himself the whole way, caught between confessing that this was the best date he thinks he might have ever had, and asking if he can maybe see Dick again -- or being the professional he really should be.
Getting in the papers is like this tiny negative beside the huge, huge, massive positive of going out for dinner with Damian. He wants to experience it. You know. A date. (This last bit, he nearly squeaks, and has to cough to get his voice back to normal.) So if Damian doesn't mind being in the papers, Colin doesn't, either.

The perfect version probably would have brought Dick some kind of flowers today, Jerel grins. Is he so sure he doesn't want to meet the perfect version? ...he'll probably be some kind of perfect version around his grandparents, so Dick has warning now. Lots of things won't be real.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Mitz mirrors Snooze's smile because, honestly, how could you not? He's about to say something else, but then Thaey steps up to them and stands in front of Mitz. He glances up to see who it is, then freezes and drops his gaze. Thaey doesn't even acknowledge him, and instead offers a hand to Snooze. "Hi there," he says, pleasant as anything.

No, Damian is definitely one of a kind.
See, okay, Dick was planning on driving Jerel back because he promised to be a total gentleman. But Gotham's weather is unpredictable. And they /have/ been getting these freak snow and wind storms lately...
Damian is quiet for a long minute. He would rather not share a moment like that with anyone, let alone the press. Perhaps he could organise something for them in the Manor. Just them. A date.

Dick laughs. No, he likes this Jerel. Keep this one, Dick pokes him a little on the shoulder. And, as far as Dick's experience goes, everyone shows a perfect version of themselves to older relatives. Right?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Snooze looks at him for a moment, ready to tear him down right here and now. Mitz's reaction is so nauseating. He squeezes Mitz's hand tight, and takes Thaey's hand with his other one. "Hello," he says, careful and pretending shy.

Damian glances at him, then looks down at the table. He hadn't thought about it like that.
It would be just /terrible/ if they suddenly got the news that the roads into town were closed!
There are, like, a dozen dining rooms, right? Colin loves this place, he feels comfortable here when Damian's here, too. He'd really like that.

As much as they can, anyway. And Jerel's going to be freaking them out with the big gay sideshow, so if he's perfect other than that, it'll totally throw them for a loop. It's perfect.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:25 pm

Thaey narrows his eyes just /slightly/, but still smiles. "I'm Thaey. I know who you are," he says before Snooze introduces himself. "And, look, it must be really hard being the new kid. Not knowing the rules or who to talk to or whatever. And everyone makes mistakes, so I think you should clean your hands of this," he jerks his head in Mitz's direction. "And go enjoy yourself. No-one'll blame you."

C'mon, Damian knows he's ultra special. He says it all the time.
Gosh, it would kind of mean that Jerel would have to stay the night, huh?
Damian was thinking the conservatory, he mutters. But they can dine wherever Colin would like.

Dick smiles and sighs at the same time. Alright. Freaking out the grandparents by being perfect and gay. It's not the weirdest prank Dick's ever heard, but it's definitely up there.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down