[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:08 am

Team be like 'yes. cuteness. that is why we are doing this. *shifty eyes*'

Snooze is not being--! He visibly bites his tongue and looks away, takes a breath, and looks back at Romana. Fine. Goodnight, Romana.

Colin grins at Damian's chuckle. He likes it whenever he can make it happen; it makes him feel pretty impressive, to be able to make Damian laugh. He wouldn't want Damian to be quiet about it. They should both, always, be doing something they both want to do. They've got a whole manor to mess around in, they can find /something/ they both want to do.

Jerel slides a hand up to slip and curl through Dick's hair. "You'd know," Jerel tells him, still smiling. He sounds a little awed as he says, "You're practically glowing."

Jerel almost vibrates with tension. Get the thing and go, then.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:17 am

yes sure of course because that has always their main priority, preserving the Doctor's cuteness, yes

Bring your homework up with you, Snooze.

And they have, have they not?

"Well, sure," Dick sighs, unashamedly happy. "I've just found my favorite expression. There are cuddles. And would you look at that, you're playing with my hair." He runs his fingers up and down Jerel's side, enjoying the feel of skin and muscle and heat. "I defy anyone not to glow under these circumstances."

Right. Sorry. Okay. Mitz is /ninja quick/. Dick is perplexed.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:33 am

/of course/ why else would they even bother to do anything, certainly not vindictiveness and guilt and misery, definitely not, why would they feel those things

Snooze picks his backpack up with bloodied hands and vanishes up the stairs. By the time he gets a closed door at his back he's starting to lose control of his breathing. But at least he's alone, then. He can freak out when no one can see him.

Yep! Come on. Colin picked the thing so Damian gets to pick the game. Has Damian gotten anything new lately?

"I can't get over how much you like affection," Jerel admits, circling his fingers on Dick's scalp. His skin is tingling under Dick's fingers and he can't help but stretch into the gentle caress. "It's kind of thrilling."

Jerel is watching like a hawk until Mitz is out of the room. When he finally scampers past, when he's gone, then Jerel kind of melts and rubs his face and looks at Dick /super/ apologetically. That was really weird of him, wasn't it, he's sorry. He'll apologise to Mitz later.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:42 am

why would they feel those things
why feel those things
why
they mean, haha yeah messing with the Doctor, cool

Romana will give him fifteen minutes. She didn't enjoy doing that, but she can't let him carry on like that. If he did get suspended then he would be taken away from her. After those fifteen minutes, she'll be up with the first aid kit and gently knocking at his door.

"I'm jus' a big cat really," Dick says, eyes closed and words slurring a little through his giant smile.

Dick doesn't answer that, mostly because he feels like it would be a bad choice. Is Jerel okay?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 am

yeah being immature time tots running wild in the TARDIS' circuits yeeeeah

He probably would have gone straight to the bathroom in any case. So when he hears the knocking he quickly washes his face and drinks a mouthful of water, because all that weird choke-y breathing always makes his voice sound awful. Then, pulling on his best sullen face, he opens the bathroom door for her and goes back to carefully sponging his lip.

Jerel's smile widens to match Dick's. He's feeling very proud of himself for putting that drugged-up look on Dick's face with nothing but gentle scritches. "I can see that."

Jerel waves his hand. Not important. Can Jerel come sit down again? He gestures to his previous spot on the sofa next to Dick.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:04 pm

adorable

Romana silently sits down on the toilet and opens the kit. Come here, please, she says gently.

"Everyone always wants to fool around," Dick says, only really half there. "But this is the stuff I live for. And, you know, not even romantically a lot of the time. Platonic hugs are just as great. Caring," he finally settles on, like it's so obvious to him now. "I just like caring. Because everyone wants to know that someone cares for them, and it doesn't really matter for how long or for what reason. I like caring back especially. People don't get it enough." That's probably the most truth he's spoken in the last ten years.

Of course he can. Dick scoots minutely, making a show of there being space for Jerel.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Snooze keeps his eyes trained on the floor. He sits on the edge of the bath and offers Romana his hand, first, because that's what's hurting the most. Aside from his, you know, heart.

"That's really something -- beautiful," Jerel says, almost breathless. "I definitely," he starts, then fumbles his words because he's so starstruck by Dick. "So you know, I definitely feel cared for."

Jerel carefully curls up next to Dick. He bites his lip as hard as he can, then he takes a breath. (and then they segue into the apologies which they've already done, heh)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Romana cleans and bandages Snooze's hand with quick ease, remarking silently to herself that Snooze is amazingly like John at his age, isn't it funny how this is what reminds her of that man.
Does Snooze understand why she's upset about what he did?

Dick inhales and bundles Jerel up on his arms at the same time, breathing him in. "But I'm the one being petted," he mock-argues.

...so. Is Jerel's brother okay? (because we have no grasp on linear time)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:44 pm

If this was vaguely realistic, of course, the answer would be that she's just seeing what she wants to see. But this is not the slightest bit realistic and we like our super-coincidences.
Of course he does, Snooze says, sulking a little. Does Romana understand why Snooze is upset?

"But I'm the one being cuddled," Jerel points out. He literally snuggles into Dick's arms. He keeps one hand in Dick's hair, but the other is too busy wrapping tightly around Dick's back.

Jerel scrubs his hands through his hair. Yeah, Jerel was a bit harsh. But Mitz was just worried about leaving Snooze alone with Jacob, with their father. That's all. Jerel's sure he sorted it out.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Weeeeeeell. It's probably a healthy dose of both.
Of course she does, Romana calmly replies. And Romana is willing to negotiate the terms of Snooze's punishment, so long as he accepts that this behaviour does deserve to be punished.

"And if it were up to me, we wouldn't leave this bed until you were sick of it," Dick promises.

They're both so worried about what their dad is going to say. Does he carry around a collection of embarrassing, naked, baby pictures or something?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 pm

She probably would have been more willing to adopt a child who reminded her of John than any other child, sure, thus enhancing the chance of coincidences.
Even when it was the only option?

Jerel sighs, pleased. "I think it would take a hell of a long time for that to happen."

It's more that Snooze is a little resistant to authority figures. And their father can be very firm and more than a little patronising.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:40 pm

Unwittingly setting herself of for hilarious flashbacks along the way.
Romana does look apologetic, or at least sympathetic. Yes, Snooze. She's sorry, but yes.

Dick buries his nose in Jerel's hair and speaks lowly, close to Jerel's ear. "That's what I'd be counting on."

Huh. Alright. Should they go down and join them all?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Hilariously sad and full of regret, woohoo! It will probably prompt her to get back in touch with John (...and James, she supposes).
Snooze scowls at his hands again. It might take him another minute.

Jerel rubs his fingers in Dick's hair, and he's got that super secret happy smile on his face. "How can you be so tempting with such a halo?" he murmurs.

Jerel wrinkles his nose. He'd rather not. If Dick wants to, Jerel will go with him. But he'd rather not. He still hasn't relaxed and he doesn't want to face the firing squad all worked up.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:59 pm

It'll be great, finding out that he's actually relatively close-by. Getting coffee. Being awkward and stiff for about five minutes before John cracks an unfairly rude joke in his educated, proper way and everything's back to the way it was. Ruining everything by asking how James is. Going home confused but with a promise to do this more often.
That's alright, Romana nods. Would Snooze like to hear her terms?

"Skill," Dick chuckles, hot breath against Jerel's ear and neck, before he leans his head back again into the pillows.

Dick feels a little disappointed with himself because he's really not grasping the whole 'don't want to spend time with family' thing at all, and he should just /get it/. No, it's alright, he says. They can hang out here. This is a grandparents' house, right? So there /has/ to be board games somewhere.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Confused and eager for more, that sounds like John and Romana. They miss each other when they're not around, but when they are around each other, they don't /actually/ know how to be friends.
Let him hear it, then. He offers Romana his other hand.

"Natural, in-born skill," Jerel agrees. He follows Dick's lean down into the pillow, nuzzling his cheek and jaw gently.

Jerel smiles. He doesn't know if his grandparents are the board games kind of people. There might be cards? They can -- he sighs. They can find a pack and go downstairs.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Absolutely inept. It doesn't help that John is aware of how Romana has felt for him in the past (those feelings including very real hate and very real love) and that makes him the worst to talk to whenever he remembers that.
Romana lifts an eyebrow at his tone, but lets it slide for now. Snooze will still be grounded for the weekend. But he'll be allowed to use his phone. No computer, but she'll order from the Moroccan restaurant Snooze wanted to try for dinner tonight. /If/ he recognises why the punishment still has to be in place, even if he feels as though fighting was his only option.

"Gosh, you're really sweet," Dick says with no trace of irony or sarcasm. Everyone always just assumes that he's some kind of silver-tongued pick up artist.

Not if Jerel doesn't want to. Dick stretches his legs out and looks around the room, then goes to grab a small dictionary, a broken plug fixture and a single bouncy ball and starts juggling. Hey, throw him something else. Come on.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:32 pm

Tripping and falling all over himself. Lucky that Snooze didn't get that gene.
Snooze takes a deep breath to stop himself from snapping at her that it /was/ his only option, that he'd /tried/ everything else. By the time he finishes breathing all the way out, he's got his tongue under control. All right. All right, he can go along with that.

Jerel's worked in the charm-and-disarm industry long enough to know when someone's faking it. Dick isn't faking it. "I learn quickly," he teases.

Jerel just kind of stares at him. Holy crap. How do you do that? He's never seen that outside youtube.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:43 pm

Snooze is far, far too suave for that nonsense.
Romana watches him struggle for a moment. She knew that wording would bother him but there's no point in saying anything other than what she means. When Snooze calms down and agrees, Romana nods and lays down his newly bandaged hand. She touches his face, barely, looking at the split lip. "I understand," she says, very softly. "How upsetting this is. You didn't do much wrong, Snooze. But I can't--" She pauses, wondering if she should tell the truth. Wondering if not telling the truth is healthy. "I'm unable to face the idea of you being taken away from me."

Dick hums, starting to stroke Jerel's skin again. "No, I bet you're a natural as well," Dick says. He does think Jerel's a natural. He thinks it's been hidden away for a long time, but it's a natural instinct to be nice.

Dick shrugs and juggles at the same time, not breaking pace or rhythm. It's easy after a while, Dick should teach Jerel some time. Throw him something else! Dick laughs. Anything. Roughly the same size as these things.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:29 am

When Snooze feels awkward like that, he locks it right down in his core. Then his mood swings between scowling or quiet gentleman, depending on who he's talking to.
Snooze looks up from the floor immediately, examining Romana's face to see if she's telling the truth. He's had people try and manipulate him with that line before -- though of course, not usually as elegantly spoken. After a moment, he crumbles, and he puts his head on Romana's lap. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. I was not thinking."

Jerel sighs, pleased. "No halo here," he murmurs. "But you make this feel so easy. You make this feel like breathing." He makes clear what he means by 'this' by falling into a light -- and then deeper -- scalp massage.

Jerel finds a little figurine and, super carefully, tosses it in among Dick's other things. That's pretty impressive, man.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 pm

Definitely not the kind of control that someone would get from the Doctor's side of the family.
Romana doesn't show that she's surprised, but she is. She adores Snooze and she likes to think that he's starting to trust her and care for her in return, like a mother, but they've never been too touchy-feely beyond high-emotion hugs. She pets through his hair and shushes quietly. "Which happens," she allows, forgives. "But this kind of thing...it'll get back to services. When they ask about how this was dealt with at home, there needs to be an answer. And, Snooze?" She tips his chin up to look at her. "This is not a punishment purely for show, either. You must learn to think quickly before you act in these situations."

Dick hums, a declawed moan. "That feels nice," he says again, stretching his legs out under Jerel. "I'm breathing. Aren't you breathing? This stuff isn't hard. We're just told it is."

Dick catches it with a flourish and doesn't break his rhythm, grinning. You too can impress your friends and defeat awkward family visits, he says in a showy, announcer-like voice.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Well, generally, Snooze's mother is impulsive and his father is abusive, so yeah, that makes sense.
Snooze nods, looking as serious as he can. "I want to do my best. I want to stay here. With you. I do, I swear. I will do better."

"I'm starting to think that if someone thinks this is hard," Jerel says, thoughtful as he digs his fingers into the back of Dick's neck, "then they must be doing it with the wrong person."

Jerel snickers. Defeat, that might be a bit of a tall order. Make more bearable? Sure, he can definitely see that.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Sigh Snooze's parents.
Romana smiles down at him. "It won't be hard. This is one setback, and it's minor," she assures. She's glad she told him the truth about how she feels, about the situation they'll have to face. "Brave heart, Snooze."

And there's the jagged, broken, cutting pain in his chest that Dick had pretty much forgotten about. Because Jerel's right. And it's easy and wonderful and comfortable but Jerel's leaving and this won't happen again. "Pretty much," he agrees cheerfully.

Dick snorts and does a few tricks with the four random things, then catches three in his hands and the last in his mouth, then takes a bow.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:44 pm

mmmm tragic back story mmmmm
Snooze slowly sits up -- slowly because Thaey knows where to hit to make it hurt and not leave a mark -- and nods. He smiles a little. "I can hardly believe I am thanking you for grounding me." Of course, his smile splits the beginning scab on his lip, and it starts to drip blood again.

Jerel can feel Dick's skin tense under his fingers. He shifts closer, the massage falling off into simple touches as he curls up next to Dick. He whispers in DIck's neck, "I wish I could be your person."

Jerel applauds and whistles like the best audience.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:51 pm

delicioussssss
Romana swiftly tears a piece of tissue from the roll beside her and catches the blood, then dabs at Snooze's face. She sighs. "I will ruin that boy's life," she swears angrily.

Dick shuts his eyes closed /tight/, knowing that Jerel can't see him. "That'd be a really, really beautiful thing, gorgeous," Dick says honestly. An impossible thing, but beautiful. "I wish I could be yours."

Dick beams, though the applause wasn't the reason he did that. He can't help loving the reaction, however. Thank you, thank you. I'm here all weekend. Tip your waitresses.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Snooze winces at the touch of Romana's fingers to his lip. It's so much more tender than his fists. When she pulls the tissue away, he smiles a little. "I wonder what he has told his parents about why he was fighting at school." Probably flat-out lies. But the principal was sure to get both their stories separately, so maybe the parents will find out the truth anyway.

Jerel kisses Dick's shoulder. He's not going to come out with some lovey-dovey bull about how one day the stars might align for them. Whenever Jerel earns enough to get out of the escort business -- or when he ages out, or when something happens to disfigure him -- he'll still have the stain on his record. They'll still never be able to be themselves with each other, lest Dick's family -- and the press -- figure out Dick's with a former escort. And that once upon a time, one snowy night, Dick hired him. There goes Dick's reputation and his career with the police.
He swallows the despair and snuggles in close. "I hope I see you again one day," he lets himself say.

Jerel laughs and comes close, picking the fourth thing out of Dick's mouth. There you go, that's probably better, right?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Romana purses her lips, not replying straight away. She knows full well that boys like Thaey, who manage to get away with that kind of thing and are as vicious as him, do not come from understanding or doting parents. It might not matter what he does. It might. There's no way to tell for sure what his damage is, but it's definitely there. "I'm sure I'll find out what he's told them when we're all called in for a discussion with your principal," she says.

Jerel so will. Nearly weekly. But he won't know. God, Dick really fucked up with this one. "You will," Dick says, gentle and reassuring, through a warm smile. "I'm pretty sure you can see me whenever you like, with google. I wish I could see you again."

Dick makes a few exaggerated 'bleh' noises. Much better, he grins, and wistfully thinks about how this would be a perfect time for a real kiss instead of a performance one. Oh well.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:31 pm

Snooze sighs. He's not looking forward to that, because no doubt he and Thaey will be forced to sit together in the secretary's office and wait for their parents. He's not looking forward to seeing Thaey's broken face. He doesn't take pleasure in what he did, in that respect. "There is probably no chance of him being thrown out of school. No chance of anyone caring that he beat Mitz every chance he got." The anger is controllable, now.

"Even if you do, you won't be able to say you know me." Jerel runs his fingers down from Dick's hair, down his cheek. "I'll be someone else's date."

Jerel catches the wistful look and his chest aches, just briefly. He stomps down on the ache and refuses to think about what it might mean. He puts down the slightly slobbery thing and grins back at Dick. Come on, let's find a pack of cards. If they find a pack, then they can talk about where they're gonna play.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:12 am

Romana looks a little ill. She knows more, now, about the Stillhaven kid's problems than she ever did and it's making it even more difficult to be able to calmly walk by the house without bursting down the door and demanding an answer as to why Helen doesn't care about her youngest. "You care," she reminds Snooze proudly.

Dick sighs, but fights still to keep his smile there. "Don't," he says softly. "I'm really trying not to think about it right now. I'll be sad when you leave, but not right now."

Alright. Dick promises he'll go easy on Jerel no matter what they play.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:18 am

Snooze actually smiles at that. "I care," he agrees. That's probably the very lightest way to say how he's starting to feel about Mitz.

"Not right now," Jerel echoes. He leans in and kisses Dick's jaw again, just under his ear.

It's probably a good thing Dick's wearing short sleeves, huh? Jerel teases as he leads Dick out the door, towards a spare room with an old cupboard where all the house's random things are shoved.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:39 am

Romana smiles and sighs, a little frustrated at the blood that refuses to stop coming from Snooze's lip. "Good. You should," she frowns at Snooze's lip. "I'm going to go get dinner and I'll pick up some antiseptic lip-balm. Go get the menu and choose what you like."

Dick dips his face to catch Jerel's lips and kisses him again. He kisses Jerel once, sweet and nervous and chaste. The second kiss is a little more daring, licking at Jerel's lips until they part of him. With the third he dives in, tasting and cataloging. He gets as many levels of love as he can in while he's able.

Dick is pretty sure Jerel's not being prejudiced, so he tries not to knee-jerk at the cheating comment. He whistles as he sees more of the house. It's not like this place is big, but it's old and interesting. Did Jerel spend a lot of here as a kid? He probably knows a bunch of secret places.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:06 am

Snooze presses a tissue to his lip again as soon as he feels it start to bleed. Thaey got a pretty good hit at his mouth, it's going to be aching for days. When and only when Romana gives him permission, he gets up and goes to get the menu. He chooses probably the most intimidating sounding thing on the menu.

Jerel is breathless by the third kiss, chasing after Dick's mouth as he holds on for dear life, his hands tight around Dick's shoulder and in his hair. He's getting so many conflicting feelings. And more than anything, he wants to break his phone and stay here forever.

Jerel's definitely not being prejudiced, he was probably expecting Dick to make the same kind of crack back at him. He gets distracted by Dick's whistle. They're not really /secret/ places, Jerel grins, but this place can be like a rabbit warren when you don't know your way around. There's dead ends that are cosier than others, he laughs.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:42 am

Romana is downstairs and getting ready to go by the time he comes down to tell her what he wants. "I trust you not to take advantage of me being gone," she says mildly. "Though you should know that I will probably take no more than half an hour."

Dick keeps going, only partly because Jerel's encouraging him. The kisses peter out their sweetness and turn more passionate before he knows it. He's walking a fine line.

Dick's about 98% sure that Jerel doesn't even know his ethnic background anyway, and he knows that he can get a bit touchy (mostly because of Jason's cracks at him about reading palms and when he's going to get a nasty, big, gold earring), so it's not that big a deal. He grins at Jerel. They should find the cosiest dead end for cards.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 am

"I will not leave the house," Snooze promises. Of course, she already gave him permission to use the phone, so why would he need to go anywhere? He's kind of desperate to see Mitz, but he can always just talk to him. Maybe face-to-face wouldn't be good right now, anyway. Mitz would be upset at what Snooze has done.

Jerel can't help it. This was one of the first ways he learned how to communicate how he feels. And it's been the most useful, in his life. He wants Dick to know he's not playing. He's not acting.
He won't let it get to sex. Dick won't believe his sincerity in that.

There's one with sunlight and one of those nice throw blankets. Big windowsill. Perfect place to spend a rainy afternoon, if it was rainy, but they can make do with sunlight too.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:16 am

Romana was actually giving him information enough to leave the house without her having to catch him and get angry, but she'll even more happy if he does end up staying. "Good," she nods, pulling her coat. "See you soon."

At this point, Dick wouldn't think that. Not straight away, anyway. A week or two later when he's trying to convince himself that it wasn't real, yes, he'd say that it was all an act. But not right now.

Sunlight can be just as good. Ever literally fallen asleep in a sunbeam? It's pretty good.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:39 pm

"See you soon," he replies. Snooze did realise that, but he doesn't want to disrespect her immediately after she admits she wants him here, in her home and in her family. She deserves better treatment than that.

I can actually see what would cause Dick to think it's all acting -- if Dick happens to bump into Jerel on another 'date', at some charity event. Maybe Jerel's escorting an older woman, maybe he's been hired as charming eye candy to convince people to donate, but still, he'd be putting out the same charm act Dick was privy to during dinner.
It'd be different from how Jerel has been the morning after, though. If Dick cared to think about it.

Jerel isn't a cat, so no, he's never had the privilege of being able to fit inside a sunbeam, he grins. But it sounds damn nice. Darn nice? He supposes this is his grandparents' place, and he's supposed to be making an effort.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:03 pm

He's so constantly aware. If it weren't so sad, it would be sweet. Romana takes about the amount of time she said she would, along with new things for her first aid kit and that antiseptic balm she promised. Eating with that split lip will be terrible; she'll try to convince Snooze to take some mild painkillers before he does.

No, he's used to seeing subtle differences in people's demeanor. If he saw a flash of honest happiness in Jerel's face when he's out with another john, that would cause Dick to question everything he knows about Jerel's 'honest' happiness.

Dick smiles a little bit, his eyes crinkling around the edges. Darn nice. Golly, it sure is darn nice.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:08 pm

While she was gone, Snooze probably send Mitz a text message asking if he can call later, after everyone has gone to sleep and they can talk. He will probably battle it out for a couple of bites without the painkillers before giving in. Especially if the food he got is spicy or hot at all; that'll just irritate the lip skin something horrible. (mitz will have to kiss it better)

I can't imagine there would be anything like that. Maybe if the john showed a speck of real intelligence. But mostly, well, he's working. The happiness has to look real. It doesn't have to be real. Cue the eye-rolling when he gets a moment to himself in the bathroom, for example.

Gawwwsh, Jerel grins. He hesitates as they're walking, then slips his hand into Dick's, casually. This okay?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:53 am

Mitz will be so sorry he got Snooze in trouble! They can definitely talk! Whenever! Nobody cares about times in his house! Sorry!
Romana will tell him to go up to his room after dinner, he has homework, and this is a very serious punishment. (Mitz will definitely invade his personal space?)

Then Dick won't have any cause from Jerel himself to feel like it was faked. It would just come from beating himself up over the following weeks. And would dread getting a message on his work phone that Jerel has some juicy street info for Nightwing.

Dick doesn't show any discomfort or, even, surprise. He just smiles. Yeah, that's okay, he says like his heart isn't pounding in his ears.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Snooze has to do his homework now, he texts back as soon as he's alone in his room. He doesn't want to interrupt Mitz's evening. He'll call soon?
Snooze will probably do homework until he goes to sleep, he tells Romana. So -- goodnight. Thank you for the food, Snooze appreciates it. (Snooze is a-okay with that.)

Maybe it'd be that very night, after a charity benefit both attended. Maybe Jerel's date was not a good person at all, and being faced with Dick's big eyes, Jerel decided to do something about it. He usually only gives over information that he's had the opportunity to get, at no risk. He might go to a bit of risk, a bit of effort, to get information that night.

Good, Jerel says, and it's soft.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:29 am

Mitz assumes Snooze that he can call whenever. Mitz did his work. Maybe he could be on speaker in case Snooze has questions? Or Skype?
Romana was hardly going to starve him, she says--then worries if anyone ever had. She'll check on him later on, but goodnight for now.

If Nightwing thinks Jerel's been reckless, he might say something. Or think about saying something. Would saying something be too /him/? It might be too Dick. He doesn't know anymore. Maybe he'll just let Jerel live his life.

Dick strokes Jerel's thumb with his own, but only once, and laughs quietly under his breath. He looks happy, though. Definitely happy.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Snooze is grounded from his computer. Romana says he may only be on his phone. Mitz does, uh, know what happened?
Goodnight. Snooze kisses Romana's head as he passes her by to go upstairs.

Jerel will end up taking bigger and bigger risks. He'll end up in the hospital. He's probably hoping for someone to step in and tell him, maybe, that he's a good person. He can be a whore to corrupt people and be a good person, too.

Jerel has to admit, Dick's got a great smile.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:00 am

Snooze and Thaey beat each other up pretty bad. Mitz is really sorry he got Snooze mixed up in this, he knows that Thaey can really throw a punch. And kick.
Romana smiles at Snooze and, if he sees it, it is probably the most loving smile ever smiled.

Hood will be telling him to chill out on behalf of Nightwing for a while until he ends up in hospital. Then Nightwing will turn up. They all know super secret ways of getting into every hospital in the county, so no-one will catch him. And he'll just be--sad.

Oh, Stillhaven. C'mon, you'll make Dick get all smitten.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Snooze felt that it had to be done. He had to defend himself. And -- and then some. He knows he did a little more than defend himself.
I hope Snooze does see it. That will go a long way towards softening the punishment. Though of course he'll act properly disciplined when the social worker comes to call.

Jerel will chill out so hard he'll keep taking on more dangerous clients. Then he'll take on one who puts him three-quarters dead in an alley because he smirks too wide, or he got caught with his fingers on the wrong usb drive.

Well, Jerel's trying to do a decent job of being a asshole, is Dick saying it isn't working?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:14 am

...Mitz has never heard of /anyone/ beating Thaey up /back/. So. That's something.
She's really not good at this whole punishment thing anyway. She believes much more in explaining a situation to the child, but she also knows what kind of questions will be asked of her and Snooze when this gets back to the office. And she means to really lay into Thaey's father when they meet at the school. (Not that it will do much good. He's a bigger bully.)

Goddammit, Jerel. That's definitely going to get him a freaked Nightwing at his bedside. Or, if he heard about something going down, a freaked Nightwing going a little grimdark on the group of thugs laying into Jerel some night and bringing him home.

Dunno if 'asshole' is the word Dick'd use, no. 'Unfairly charming', sure, but that's two words and probably considered cheating.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:54 pm

Then Snooze thinks it must have been about time for him to find out what it is truly like. Perhaps, and it is a wild hope, but perhaps the next time he will think twice.
Snooze responds much better to explanations than shouting. He will enjoy seeing Romans lay down the letter of the law if he's allowed to see, though. (They had to learn the behaviour somewhere.)

The hospital seems more teach-Jerel-a-lesson-y. Maybe the first time it happens Dick takesxhim home and patches him up and Jerel doesn't learn. So the next time it's more dangerous. The next time it's worse. That sounds like Jerel. Dick and Jerel are probably awful thrill seekers in some universe.

Unfairly charming? Jerel thinks Dick might be projecting, there.

(At a wedding reception so the rest of the sweep will be sporadic, heh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next