[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Snooze inhales, then sighs, kind of shaking out the topic. Then he smiles at Mitz. "What would you like to talk about?"

Well. Jerel thinks Dick wanted a friendly face, and he didn't have too many options. And if Jerel figured it out faster than he actually did, they could have at least talked business. But Jerel maybe kind of wilfully ignored the hints in favour of being around Dick.

"I guess so." Jerel's reluctant to leave their little diner booth oasis. And Dick wasn't as wowed by the pie as Jerel promised, so Jerel feels like he's kind of failed in the date, really.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Mitz shrugs. "Dunno, really," he says honestly. "I kind of have to go back home? I did that thing again, you that thing I do, where I freak out and run off to take care of something? And no-one knows where I am." They won't care, but Mitz worries about the one time they do and he'll have fucked up. "I guess Jerel would be able to guess. What do you want to talk about?"

Cute. Very cute. Good answer.

Dick was wowed by Jerel's reaction to the pie, so it was definitely worth it. "I've been known to nurse a cup of coffee, though," Dick offers. He doesn't want to go either, not when it's definitely a date now.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:49 pm

"We could just spend time together? We could..." Snooze frowns, trying to think of the hobby-like things he has to do that are more than one person. He has been thinking about asking Romana for some kind of video game related thing for a birthday or for Christmas, but for the moment, there isn't much. "Play cards?" he suggests weakly.

It wasn't a strategic one, Jerel tells him.

"Only if you want to," Jerel says, aware that it was Dick's suggestion to leave in the first place. "Cold coffee isn't great. It's just, you know, neither is going back to that house."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 pm

"Do you know any card games?" Mitz doesn't. Or, he does, but he found out very quickly that most card games he can cheat at so he doesn't play them with Jerel. They both cheat and it gets weird.

Didn't say it was, tiger.

"Got anywhere else we can go? You still have a whole pie to yourself," Dick smiles. "We don't have to go back to your grandparents' to eat it."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm

"I actually know quite a few." More often than not, a pack of cards was the only toy available. "I could teach you some?"

Kinda sounded like he did, was all.

Jerel quirks the corner of his mouth in something that could be a grin eventually. "Car picnic?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Mitz brightens instantly. He doesn't really care about the games themselves, but he likes learning rules for things. "Yes. Please. Yes, thank you," he says quickly.

Nope. It was just a good answer, and pretty adorable. Jason's never going to, like, ease up. He doesn't even wish that he could. Dickie deserves the kind of person who says that about him, that they just wanna be near him. That kind of shit.

"Car picnic," Dick agrees happily. "I'll go get some plastic forks."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Snooze brushes his hand over Mitz's forearm and takes his wrist, remembering how Mitz did that for him and how warm it felt. "Come, then. We can sit on the floor in my room? I get some good sunlight, this time of day."

Oh. Well, yeah, that's what Jerel thinks, too. Dick... is a really good person. Really, honestly good. He makes Jerel feel good, too.

Jerel is struck thoughtful by how pleased he is to spend more time alone with Dick. That's part of the dating, but is it part of the attracted-ness? "I'll take the pie to the car. I think I've got blankets or something in my trunk," he says. "We'll see."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 pm

Mitz blushes and it's only partially because Snooze is going to bring Mitz to his room. It's also because Snooze doesn't talk like anyone else, ever. He talks like he's from a book. "Uh, yeah, okay. Yeah. Uh. Mmhm."

Alrighty, then. Jason's talked shop, threatened Jerel and he's pretty sure they're good, right? Jerel knows that he can come to Jason about anything and he'll try to help, yeah? Anything. If he hears anything from some old friends on the street but can't do shit about it, or if he thinks Dickie might be too nice. Just let him know. But Jason'll leave Jerel alone now.

"Always be prepared, huh?" Dick teases, then slides out of the booth to go get the forks. He has to figure out how to be cute enough to get a kiss. More time alone with Jerel will help with that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:35 pm

Snooze curls his fingers around Mitz's wrist and leads him towards his room. He's kind of enchanted by the blushing and the stammering. Mitz pulls off gorgeous and embarrassed so well.

Hey. Jason doesn't have to go. Like, all that sounds great -- and they can also just hang out, right?

"Always be prepared for a car breakdown and a possible night spent on the side of the road, sure," Jerel mutters, since that's happen to him more than once in his pride-and-joy rust bucket. Dick's smile as he went was all light and fun and very pretty. Damn it, can Jerel think someone is pretty and not be attracted to them? This is so weird to figure out.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 pm

Mitz was once allowed to go into Mouse's room after school, and that was pretty amazing. But then her mom found out and yelled a lot and Mitz was told that he's only allowed downstairs in her house. He never really figured out /why/, since Mouse just wanted to show Mitz a book she had, but it makes him nervous. "Is this okay? That I'll be in your room?"

That makes Jason pause. Sure, he says slowly. They can hang out.

Dick comes back with the forks and grabs his coat from the booth. If Jerel's out at the car by now, he'll follow after. If Jerel is still at the booth then he'll jerk his head out and debate whether he should offer his hand or not.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 pm

"We can leave the door open, if you like," Snooze says. He thinks that's Romana's rule, but he hasn't had reason to test it, so he doesn't really remember.

Cool. Because they seem to get along, right? Like they're not totally different and rubbing each other the wrong way. So it'd be good to just... hang out.

He can probably catch up with Jerel at the door. Jerel would have purposely moved slowly, half watching Dick and half thinking about if he's pretty or sexy or manly or whatever-the-hell.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:53 pm

"Would that help?" Mitz doesn't know the rules about /anything/ when it comes to friends in your house. "I just don't want you to get into trouble."

Yeah, they can hang out. Jason just wasn't expecting Jerel to want that. He knows who Jason is, y'know? People don't like to hang out with that too often.

Dick'll jog up to Jerel and then bump shoulders playfully, waving the forks in his face. "I think we're all done here," he nearly singsongs.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 am

"I think so long as the door is open and Romana can walk past and see what we are doing, she will be all right with it," Snooze says, more confident.

Well, Jason's still a decent guy, in Jerel's opinion. Jerel's not a criminal, so he shouldn't piss Jason off, you know, incur his wrath. 'S all good, right?

Jerel grins at him. "We've got our future shivs, excellent. Wait, did I say shiv? I'm definitely not going to stab you for pie. Nope. Don't worry about it."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:14 am

Mitz relaxes a little. That makes sense. "Alright," he says slowly. "Okay. That should be fine."

Jason laughs. 'Incur his wrath'. Oh, wow, Jason likes that /a lot/.

"No-one said anything about fighting you to the death for pie," Dick says. "And, after seeing how much you love your pie, I don't think I would agree to it. Consider this my formal surrender of pie, should it come to that." Dick bows a little.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:24 am

Snooze pushes open the door to his room and leads Mitz inside. It's still somewhat austere -- desk, bed, table, bookshelf. But there's cookbooks on the shelves, homework on the desk, and even a photo or two on Snooze's bedside table. One of Snooze and Romana, the day of the adoption; one of Snooze and Mitz, from the night of the dance. Romana gave Snooze that one a couple of days after, already nicely framed and all.

Jerel grins. Oh, yeah? It makes Jason sound like some kind of avenging Greek god, huh.

Jerel claps him on the shoulder. "My good man, you have made me the happiest chap on the face of the pie. Planet! Freudian slip." Really, he's not so in love with pie as all that, but it's nice to have an inside joke.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:27 am

Mitz ends up just staring at the photo of them both on the bedside table. He always assumed that a spot like that goes to people who matter. It can't be right, but it makes him feel like he could matter to Snooze. It's a really nice feeling.

Ohhh, it speaks to all the parts of Jason's ego that he's not allowed to pay attention to.

"You do realise that now I /have/ to besmirch the surface of said pie and draw a smilie face on it, right?" Dick says, almost apologetic. "I mean. I have to."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 am

Mitz very much does matter to Snooze. This is one small way to show it, not that Snooze had been planning on bringing Mitz up to his room today. A nice coincidence. "It is a good photo, I think," he says, softly.

Not when wearing this costume, anyway. Jerel gestures to his jacket and jeans, and grins.

"Oh, man, yeah, I guess I did ask for that one," Jerel says. He pretends to pout and mourn. "Oh, my sweet pie, what fate have my cruel words bought for you?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 am

"You look really good," Mitz says, then smiles. "I look really surprised."

Oh, no, it's worse when he has a costume on. Jason grins. Roy--that's, uh, he's one of Jason's teammates--he's always cutting the ego down to size. Makes it easier for everyone to get along if Jason isn't convinced he's a god of revenge or a fiery sword or anything.

"You should have known better," Dick shakes his head sadly. "But I'll be kind and wait until you've gotten to know the pie a little better before I do anything."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 am

"I think you look really good," Snooze tells him. "A happy kind of surprise."

Whoa. How cool would a fiery sword be, though? There's a reason it shows up in mythology so often, don't you think? Because everyone the whole world over thinks it's /really/ damn cool.

"Surely that's more cruel," Jerel laughs, as they get to the care. "You'll let me get attached to it before you mutilate it."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:48 am

Mitz thinks back to the night. Happy surprise is right; he never thought he would get to go to a dance, let alone with a date, let alone with a /gorgeous/ date, let alone with a gorgeous date who honestly doesn't seem to mind him. Never mind about it not being real. "That sounds right. Happy kind of surprise is right."

Right though? Jason got to mess around with one of those once. Like, not from myth or anything. But--and don't flip out--but some of their friends aren't really from around here, if you know what Jason means. So sometimes fancy tech gets into their hands. And a fiery sword managed to be Jason's for a little while. Anyway, long story short, that's how they know they shouldn't stroke his ego too much these days, heh.

"Partially mutilate," Dick corrects happily. Watching Jerel get his keys out of his pocket and balance the pie in his hand, he's glad he didn't take Jerel's hand. But not /that/ glad.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 am

Snooze nudges Mitz's shoulder, smiling, very pleased with himself. He's the one who put that look on Mitz's face. Then he digs in his bedside table and comes up with a pack or two of old cards he liberated from one of Romana's cabinets (with her permission, of course).

Jerel's eyes widen. Theoretically he knows Superman and co. aren't from around here? But theory and rumour are a long way from someone who knows the facts dropping a hint. So Jason was an avenging angel, huh? Well, Gotham needs one of those every once in a while.

If Jerel had had to have the pie and hold Dick's hand, then Dick might've got to fumble in his pocket for his keys. Maybe later, for that. "How traumatising," he deadpans. Jerel gets the car open and puts the pie carefully on the backseat, and he buckles it in for the laugh.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:10 am

The nudge shocks Mitz back into reality, catching Snooze's smile, and Mitz is back to blushing furiously. "Uh. Right. Cards. ...what, er, what games do you know? Are they complicated?" That may be asked with a hopeful kind of lilt.

Nah, it was out of town. And didn't last very long. Maybe if Roy is ever around when Jerel is, he'll show his the picture he took. He snapchatted it to Dickie? So it might be lost forever. Anyway, it was pretty cool.

He gets that laugh. Dick promptly loses his shit. "Alright, jeez, you win," he snorts, allowing Jerel to take the victory on the joke.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:24 am

Snooze thinks about it. "Well, I have created several variations on solitaire. But as for more than one player --" Snooze holds up a finger, then digs in his drawer again, and comes up with a pack of 500 cards. "How about this? Have you played 500?"

Jerel bets it was. He whistles. That is so cool. He doesn't think he's got any equivalent cool stories. Well, not including that kind of toy, anyway, he snickers.

Jerel puts up his victory arms and cheers. "Woo! Master of dumb jokes! The king has conceded his crown to the contender!"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:57 am

"That's a good number," Mitz says, though he's just thinking out loud before he answers Snooze. It /is/ a good number. Not too low, not too high. It's promising for a name of a game that could be complicated but not impossible. "I've never heard of it. The game, I mean, not the number. I've heard of the number."

Jason laughs. Yeah, y'know, that story isn't actually that interesting once you hear all the details that Jason's leaving out for dramatic effect. But real shit, that's interesting. Jason's pretty sure Jerel's got some doozies.

"Hey, woah, ease up there," Dick chuckles while putting on his own seatbelt. "No-one said anything about this being a title match."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 am

Snooze slides down to sit on the floor and starts pulling the cards out. "I have a feeling you will find it easy. It involves quite a lot of keeping track of points. It is usually better with four players, though I have played it with up to twelve people, and that surely gets interesting." He smiles, remembering. It was almost as hectic as thirty-person UNO. (We can handwave the rules if you like. I have a feeling they're different for two people as opposed to four or more.)

Mostly they involved certain people and what they like to do once the door is closed, Jerel grins. Or what they talked about while assuming Jerel was deaf as a doorpost.

Jerel slides into the driver's seat and buckles himself in, too. "You would've tried harder not to laugh if you knew," he points out.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

Mitz can't even imagine what a card game might be like with /four/ people, let alone twelve. He sits down opposite Snooze on the floor. "That sounds like fun?" he assumes. (Eh! I don't know the game so you don't even have to go into the rules, if you don't want to.)

Yeah, Dickie doesn't usually pick his informants just because they're pretty. Jerel probably has some great stories. Tell Jason some time, huh?

"I would have given you a run for your money," Dick agrees. "But, I'll be honest, I still would have gotten distracted."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:21 am

"It was fun," Snooze agrees. "Very busy, though. It was overwhelming for someone used to solitaire." He starts to deal Mitz his hand and begins to explain the rules. "It will be easier for you to pick up once we start playing," he says, and it's obvious someone's told he himself that before. (Cool. It's like Euchre in that you really kind of need it explained again every time you play.)

Jerel scratches his cheek thoughtfully. Yeah, he probably could. Dick's already acted on most of the stuff that was useful, so it's not like they're state secrets or anything.

"The important thing is that you laughed," Jerel says, his smile kind of soft as he looks at Dick and starts the car at the same time. "That got me the crown in the end."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 am

"Alright," Mitz says, looking thoroughly serious as he assimilates the rules. He thinks it sounds convoluted but simple enough. He knows enough not to say that out loud, though. (*blank look* My card games are three kinds of poker, blackjack, gin rummy and Switch. Which I actually think might be what you're calling Euchre. Maybe. The rules change for Switch depending on where you're from.)

It's all about having a good laugh, anyway. Jason figures, though the big guy might not agree, that if you can't laugh at all this crap then it'll catch up on you.

"Not so fast there, gorgeous," Dick wags his finger. "That just won you a shot at the crown. No crown was conceded officially."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:05 pm

"The point is just to play the higher card, really," Snooze simplifies it all down to. "The trick is in knowing what the higher card is." (I just read the rules of Switch and it's not the same as Euchre, no. Euchre here is definitely a grannies game, though, I'm not sure anyone under fifty knows the rules precisely.)

Jerel grins. Yeah, you know what? He agrees. Sometimes all that count be done at the end of a night was to laugh and laugh about all the dumb shit this city throws down. Like there was this time, with this guy who owns a bunch of clubs... (Jerel goes on with a story. I could write it out but I want to get around to pernverse some time tonight.)

Jerel grins at Dick, the nickname 'gorgeous' turning the tips of his ears red but thankfully not his cheeks. "So I just made it through the qualifier, huh?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:17 am

"You count cards," Mitz guesses. "But what makes it difficult it that there are 500 cards to count." (Sounds perfect)

By the end of the story, Jason is genuinely giggling with some amount of sadistic glee. The shit the rich get up to, huh? (I am so glad you chose Pern instead of Jerel's random story~)

"That's right," Dick says seriously. "And don't think the rest of the trials will be as easy. You got your work cut out for you. My endurance is high and now I know I get distracted too easily by your baby-blues. I'll be on my guard."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:24 am

"No, there are 500 points to get," Snooze says. "There are..." He flips the old, tatty rule sheet over in his hands. "64 cards. Each trick you win you get a certain number of points. Here, it will be easier when we start." (damn it you still got me explaining the rules)

Jerel is tickled by how much amusement Jason got out of that. Hell yeah, man, the stuff they think is normal is way out of the bounds of crazy. (ME TOOOOOOO)

"And I guess you're the one who gets to set these trials?" Jerel grins, going along with the joke. "And judge them? Hm."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 am

Mitz tries not to look disappointed that it's not as complicated as he made up in his head. "Okay, you go first. Uh. Obviously." (>.>)

Jesus, just wait until Jerel sees some of the crap that Brucie gets up to.

"I'd say that I don't make the rules, but I do," Dick grins back. "But don't worry, I'm a fair judge."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Snooze lays down a card. "So the object is to lay down a higher card," he says. "But not the highest one you have, in case you need to beat me later." (well there you go there's the rules, you do that ten times and you score it and start again, man, it turns out it isn't so complicated, damn it, I always thought it was)

Jerel hears the undertone. So is Brucie different from --?

"I guess that's for me to decide, really, not you," Jerel tells him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 pm

Mitz nods, looks at his cards and plays one silently. "It should be fine," he says, knowing it will be, but he doesn't want to seem like a smart ass by admitting that he understands perfectly now. (Like every card game ever, it's more complicated when you're actually playing it, probably.)

From the big guy? Yes. Oh, wow, yes. Jerel's probably already noticed but hasn't connected the dots. The guy at the dinner party is not the guy who silently loomed over Jerel in hospital, is Jason right?

Dick inclines his head, agreeing. "That goes for a lot of stuff tonight," he says quietly. Bashful.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:21 pm

"You won the trick," Snooze announces. He shows Mitz how, traditionally, to lay it in front of himself with the cards displayed. "You stack these, and when we are out of cards, we tally. The aim is to win seven tricks. Seven is full points." (sigh, so true)

One hundred percent not the same guy, despite being in the same body, Jerel agrees. So the guy at the dinner party was -- Brucie. You know, that explains a whole lot? People are always talking about Bruce Wayne, and when Jerel put Dick's and Jason's identities together, he really hesitated over Bruce. Knowing that's Brucie, that explains a shitload.

Jerel is very tempted to reach over the gearstick and and take Dick's hand. But he doesn't, because he's a fraidycat. Instead he smiles at Dick. "Yeah," he says, just as soft.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:59 am

Mitz looks at his cards, then at the pile, and nods. "Seven. A lot of card games think that seven is a good number," he says, mostly to himself. "Alright. Do I put a card down now?"

Jason smiles. He's pretty sure that Jerel's not that dumb, but just to be sure? Don't call him Brucie to his face. So far Jason thinks Dick could get away with it scot free but Jason only does it to really fuck with him.

Dick's already smiling, but it twitches into something soft and wistful. He kind of melts. Then he clears his throat. "So. Where are we going for this picnic?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Snooze inclines his head. (so what should they talk about because rping a card game is not an exciting time)

Got it. Jerel wasn't planning on it, but it's good to know for sure. Don't worry -- he's still got some diplomatic skills. Jerel gives him a crooked grin.

"There's a park reserve somewhere close? I thought it might be nice to hang out under the trees," Jerel suggests.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:16 pm

(let's just say they play a few hands and eventually get really intense about it because you know both of them would, like they would for chess. There would be barely any talking once they realise they can do that with each other. And then:) Romana knocks on Snooze's open door before poking her head in. "Boys, I'm afraid you'll have to cut it short," she says. "Mitz's brother is downstairs looking for him."
Mitz looks up at Snooze's bedroom window. It got dark out without telling them. He's probably in trouble! He blanches and rushes to stand up. "Oh, uh, yeah, sorry, I'll go," he says in a rush.

Jason, internally, wonders if that crooked and charming little grin is a practiced move. Jason's is. Outwardly, he snorts. Oh, there is no doubt of that, sunshine.

"Y'know, if there are fireflies then you're talking about some serious romance," Dick says, nearly casually.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:33 pm

(awwwwww intense) Snooze pushes aside the cards and stands up as well. "Of course," he says. "I am sorry, I was not keeping track of the time. That was a good afternoon."

Some of it is practiced, but Jerel doesn't pull them on like masks anymore. He doesn't control them. When they show up, they show up. Sunshine? Aw, come on, he's all pasty from his months inside recovering.

"I don't control nature," Jerel tells him, smiling maybe too hard.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:44 pm

(cute little intense babies) Romana frowns slightly at Mitz's reaction. Mitz brother didn't seem that put out by anything, he was just asking for his little brother back. It can't be that worrying.
"It was! It really was," Mitz says honestly, still talking too fast. "Thank you. For, for the day and--everything. You're the best, Snooze."

What can Jason say? He's just a natural born flirter.

"Thank god," Dick says with feeling. "Because if you could then I would be really screwed."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 pm

"It is my pleasure," Snooze assures him, and though it might sound stiff, really it's very warm. "You are always welcome."

Does he use his talents for good or for evil, Jerel teases.

"Imagine being able to command a rainy day whenever you wanted it," Jerel says with a whole bunch of longing.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Mitz opens his mouth, pink in the face at how nice that sounds, then closes it again. He kind of--squeaks, then turns to leave. He waves goodbye to both Romana and Snooze on his way out.

That, pal, is the question on Gotham's lips. Who fucking knows, right? Keep 'em guessing.

"Snow days," Dick counters. "You would be able to create snow days."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Snooze wraps his arms around himself and smiles after Mitz, and follows him out, smiling at Romana too as he goes.

That's what makes it so fun?

"Concentrated snow days," Jerel points out. "Snow in just one place."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Okay, well, Romana wishes she had that on camera. But there's nothing for it, she'll just have to remember Snooze being that adorable forever. Mitz is already at the door, rushing to get his jacket and not have Jerel standing there waiting for him for too long, if he's still at the door.

Oh, wow, /so/ fun. On both sides of the curtain, too. Press don't know how to take Jason Todd and fuck knows Gotham doesn't know what to do with Hood. It's a blast.

"Snow just over our school," Dick laughs. "Every single day there's a test in one of your classes. No-one would ever figure that out!"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Jerel's not going to be irritated or anything. It's interesting to see inside another house on the street, and Romana's a pretty cool lady, she let him hang out in her library-like living room.

Jerel hopes Jason can teach him how to have fun with the press. Jerel's pretty sure most social reporters know exactly who Jerel is, so it's gonna be an interesting few months when they find out Jerel and Dick are together. (not dating, together, confirmed and concrete)

Jerel snickers. "Maybe I'd snow myself into my house? But then I'd probably be stuck in there with my parents. I could snow myself into my car. I do have blankets."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next