[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm

Oh. Oh! Romana likes girls, too?

Jerel leans into Dick almost without thinking. It would be so easy to pretend that this is a real date, and that's what Dick wants, anyway. "I'd love that," he says, and he's actually honest. This place is the stuff of legend in Gotham. And unless he gets hired by a dumb cop, this is the only time he'll ever be inside.

Ideas? Jerel blinks. He actually didn't even think of that. Shit, he's not very good at this already.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:06 am

Romana laughs silently, briefly. She likes women, yes. Or she has been known to.

"Cool. We'll make our way around the place and be back for dinner, probably," Dick says smoothly, with a tiny smirk that could be flirting. Then he raises a hand to wave Jason and Kory off before he leads Jerel away. "See you guys at dinner."
Jason just kind of nods. He won't relax until Dick's out of sight anyway.

Good thing they're not there yet. Just, Dick shrugs. Stuff like holding hands and--whatever. Nothing huge.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 am

Women. Of course. Sorry, Snooze says, a little sheepish.

"Nice to meet you, again," Jerel says, all pleasant and nice. He follows Dick away, and while they're still in sight of Jason and Kory, he slides his hand down to take Dick's.
He may be feeling a quick flare of possessiveness. That's not allowed, that's one of his own rules for himself. He's going to be beating himself up for that... once he gets over it, anyway.

Jerel probably should have thought of that, huh? If they're going to be convincing fake boyfriends. Oh, well, real boyfriends. Convincingly. Wow, now Jerel's confused himself. Is he blushing? He sort of feels like he is.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 am

That's alright. She did like girls once, but she was a girl herself. Besides, it's nothing to really think about now since Romana hasn't liked anyone for some time.

"Thanks for being nice," Dick mutters, all gratitude and relief. "Jason doesn't always make it easy but he's just not good at new people." He probably should have warned everyone, actually, that he was bringing an outsider to dinner. Maybe he didn't on purpose, just to make them all uncomfortable too.

Dick half-smiles. There's a little bit of color coming up. He reaches out but doesn't touch, managing to make the drop of his hand look not as pathetic as it generally does. Is Jerel okay?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:53 am

Does she want to? Should Snooze be -- he frowns, and pauses, trying to think of how to word it -- prepared for that?

"Lots of people aren't," Jerel assures him. "And, hey, his instincts are actually right on in this case, aren't they?" He squeezes Dick's hand. "I'm not who I say I am. Maybe that's getting up his nose." Maybe he knows who Jerel is. Jason Todd is the most street of the Wayne adoptees, the news articles told him.

Jerel makes himself laugh and shakes out his shoulders. He's usually a lot -- smoother than this. Okay, do you wanna just... walk around for a bit? Work out their story, and, god, maybe practice pretending?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:57 am

Romana manages to look amused and sad at the same time. No, Snooze, it's not something that will come up. It's just them. And Romana likes it like that. Does Snooze?

"Maybe put a pin in that kind of talk for a while," Dick suggests, but if anyone was listening then the damage is already done. "But I think he's just a little pissed that I'm not by myself while he makes googley-eyes at my ex. That's what I'd say if I were a bitter person, anyway."
Jason probably knows Jerel's for hire, but won't know who he is.

Dick nods. Yeah, yeah, they can walk. What does practising pretending involve?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:12 am

He smiles kind of shyly. He does. But if Romana does find someone, Snooze will be happy for her.

Jerel rubs his thumb over the back of Dick's hand. "I thought she must be. The two of you are still good friends, yeah? Until these kinds of situations come up."
Do they all wear the same kind of deodorant?

Jerel starts to lead off on the walking. Well, heading somewhere they won't be spied on, because the gossips at this school are freaking ridiculous. Then, well. Holding hands is probably a good start, Dick's right. And not looking surprised by it when it happens. Unless, in their story, they've only been dating a little while. But if it was a little while, Jerel wouldn't be bringing him to meet his grandparents, so.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:23 am

Snooze will be happy for her and Romana will be surprised, it'll be fun at least. She smiles at him. Thank you, Snooze.

"Known her for a long time and I've never lost a friend for a silly reason," Dick half-smiles. "But this is the first time we've seen each other since the breakup a couple of months ago." He leads Jerel into one of the day rooms. "I'm hurting more than her, but we both knew that would happen," he says without thinking, then winces. "I shouldn't talk about this. Let's have fun instead."
It would probably be the life coach thing. That, and now pleasant he's being to Jason when he's purposefully being kind of a shit. He'll just have a hunch that'll be proven right over the course of the night, maybe.

Dick's smile gets wider as Jerel babbles, and he takes his hand in the middle of a sentence.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:32 am

Of course. He wants both of them to be happy.

"Show me around," Jerel says. "Show off for me." He encourages Dick to grin and smile again, to relax. This was less of a sad thing before, and for some reason, he doesn't want Dick to be just another pathetic, sad rich guy.
Would he be all sneaky and try to trip Jerel up in front of everyone? Or would he be more subtle and try to ask Jerel if he's available to be hired? Or would he just leave it?

Jerel loses track of what he was saying, out of surprise. After a moment, he clears his throat and says, See? Like that. If he looks so surprised in front of other people, they'll guess. Immediately. His family aren't stupid. Jerel's probably the least intelligent of the bunch.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:36 am

Romana smiles warmly at him. Snooze is such a sweet boy. And he'll be a wonderful date.

Dick smiles, wondering if he's that transparent. Even if he is it wouldn't matter; Dick does like showing off. The only problem with that is... "If I wanted to show off for you, I wouldn't take you on a tour of this house," he says with a smirk.
If he tries to trip Jerel up then it'll probably be by accident. Or, at least, he wouldn't /want/ to embarrass Dick--which it definitely will. He's not ashamed of Jerel but of the fact that they all think he's the big charmer but he couldn't get a date without buying one.

Dick gives him a look. He doesn't believe that for a second. He's in a few of Jerel's classes, by some miracle. He's the top of every one. Dick doesn't let go of Jerel's hand. It's nice, and so was Jerel's bashfulness.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Snooze smiles into his tea. It will be nice to have a friend again.

Jerel grins at him. "Of that, I have no doubt." And it's not just empty flattery.
It's because he's such a big charmer that he had to pay for a date. It makes sense--anyone else he might have asked, it would have hurt them, or someone else, or himself. And he didn't want to be alone. Jerel would tell him he has no reason to be ashamed.

And Jerel is /still/ not the smartest person in his family, he says, exasperated. He's smart, he's not saying that he's not smart. He is. But everyone else in his family is even smarter. So they're going to have to be savant-like to get away with this.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:50 am

Many more will follow, Romana is sure of it.

"Don't encourage me," Dick warns. "Any one of the family will admit freely that I need no real push to show off like a total dork."
Dick won't bring it up. Not that night, anyway. He's disappointed with himself, that he's managed to alienate everyone just by wanting to love them all.

Or they can just chill out about it, Dick soothes. Honestly. If they're relaxed then they won't have any reason to question anything they do.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 pm

Snooze would be happy with a few. He may not be sociable enough to have many friends, let them be honest.

Jerel suddenly realises they aren't talking about sex, that Dick has something else he likes to show off--and then, of course, he remembers the news articles. That Dick was a circus kid before his parents died. "Well, now you have me curious," he says.
His little broken family can't handle being loved that much.

...huh. That's an interesting idea.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Romana thinks that when it comes to friends it's about quality, not quantity.

Dick looks at Jerel sideways, then lets go of his hand. He wouldn't be able to do any really impressive things in dress pants and a sweater, but he can flip onto his hands and walk around, smile up at Jerel.
As much as they would like to be able.

What? Chilling out?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Snooze thinks the same. And he thinks -- he hopes -- Mitz will be a good one.

Jerel is shocked when Dick flips over. And then he starts to grin, and then he's /beaming/. "That's pretty incredible."
They don't /want/ to hurt Dick. It just sort of happens.

Yeah. That would probably drive his uptight family even more crazy than normal, having someone relaxed among them.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Maybe. As she said, Romana doesn't really know the boy too well but he always seemed the nice kind. Keeps to himself, doesn't bother anyone, tries to help if he sees anyone who might need help.

Dick walks himself back up to his hands in sort of a lazy forwards cartwheel. "Yeah?" he smiles, nearly bashful. Everyone around him is so used to it, but he /loves/ performing. Making people happy enough to clap.
He knows, which is why he never brings it up or blames them.

Dick laughs. Okay, they really can't be that bad.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:32 pm

That would probably be why he seems like he gets pushed around, some. Snooze hopes he can help. Sorry, he keeps coming back to that, doesn't he.

Jerel laughs. "Yeah! That was cool! Could you teach me?" Then he stops. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that. Just that it was /really/ cool."
He still gets hurt.

They're uptight and super intelligent. And Jerel really doesn't like them very much.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Romana doesn't know the situation, she says carefully. But she knows enough about the boy to know that if he came to a stranger for help then it's probably rather bad. She's just going to take this opportunity to remind Snooze not to get into a fight if he can help it.

Dick cocks his head. "How come you didn't mean that? I could teach you," he says easily, then looks at Jerel's arms. "You look like you might have enough upper body strength to pull it off for a little bit right now."
Maybe. But that's life.

Yeah, no kidding. And he's taking his beloved boyfriend into this world? Gosh, so doting, Dick really is looking for that ring. He waggles his ring finger at Jerel.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 pm

He will do his best. He promises, Romana.

"I only meant..." Jerel trails off a little, because he thought being taught would involve a lot more than right now. "Well, my clothes. You can do it, you're so good at it. I'd probably break my arm," he grins, recovering.
It doesn't have to be, not forever. They might get fixed.

Jerel grins. He'll see what he can find. ...but he thinks Dick can handle it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:52 pm

She smiles. Good. Now, she's going to get some work done and then they can talk about suits and the trips going to buy them? Maybe they could even go out for lunch today and window shop.

Dick knows the difference between genuine reluctance and fishing for compliments when he sees it, and backs off a little. "No worries," he says, then flashes a wicked kind of smile. "We'll see how you feel after dinner."
Dick loves them they way they are, they don't need to be fixed.

Hey, no, Dick's looking forward to it. It's an adventure. He's never really gotten to do the whole family dinner thing before.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:58 pm

(Well, Snooze just got home from school, so it's a bit past lunch?) Maybe dinner, Snooze suggests, smiling.

"Depends what's being served, usually," Jerel teases, smiling. Mostly he just doesn't want Dick to feel any pressure about having to see Jerel again. They're not real friends, after all. Not real dates. Not really planning a third one.
They might fix themselves.

Really? No girlfriend -- or boyfriend -- serious enough? Jerel, neither.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:20 pm

(Assume that Romana works on weird time all the time >.>) Better, Romana announces.

"Yeah, you're right," Dick nods, mock serious. "If it's something heavy then handstands are out of the question. We'll find something."
Dick protectively wraps them in a cocoon of love whispering that they're all perfect sparkle babies and they should never change he loves them

Dick looks surprised. He wasn't expecting that. Jerel seems like the perfect guy to take back to the family.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 pm

(Snooze is okay with that.) Snooze likes trying new things. Where have they not been to eat yet?

Jerel smiles. Dick really is something. Most people would have gone straight to aphrodisiacs in the food. But Dick stays on the handstand track. It's pretty cute. "So avoid dessert, do you think? Or just take a break between dinner and dessert?"
Sometimes they want to be fixed. Sometimes change is good.

He hasn't really been long-term enough for that. Some girls tried, considering the doctor thing, but Jerel always resisted. He's the one not ready, really.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:37 pm

There's that Thai restaurant near city hall? Romana has heard mixed reports, but she would love to take Snooze out and hear his opinion.

Dick looks /shocked/. "This is your first time here, so I'll let that slide," he says. "But no-one /ever/ skips Alfred's dessert. I heard a rumour it's going to be chocolate volcano tonight."
whines

Dick nods, listening and taking that on board. He guesses it's kind of hard to know.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Snooze smiles wider than he has all afternoon. Food really wakes him up. He would love that.

"Chocolate volcano," Jerel repeats. "That sounds scary and incredible. Both. Is it a small thing or a big one?"
Dick doesn't like change, does he.

Hard to know what? If they want him for him or for the future possibility of money? Most of them aren't that awful. He was sort of kidding. It's really the him thing. That he's not ready.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Excellent. Romana reaches forward and smoothes Snooze's hair down fondly, then takes what's left of her tea out of the kitchen and to her home office.

Dick beams. "No idea! I'm really looking forward to the thing," he admits, continuing to walk them down seemingly endless hallways full of paintings of people who look like Bruce. "Alfred likes to show off, too. He'll be so mad at me, too, because I didn't tell him I was bringing anyone. New people are the best to show off to."
Depends on the change! But no, not when it comes to his people.

Dick meant the whole--parents, grandparents, meeting them and making an impression. Hard to know when you actually want to do that, Dick supposes. It's a big step.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Snooze cleans up the rest of the kitchen, which was already spotless because he's more than slightly obsessive, and goes to do his homework and change his clothes before they go out for dinner.

"So I'm in for a bit of a spectacle tonight, am I?" Jerel asks, still smiling.
They may deal with change better than Dick does.

Oh. Well, that, too. Yeah, especially his family. Dick will know what he means when he meets them. They're more than a bit of a circus. (whoops Jerel that's thoughtless)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Meanwhile Mitz is just about finishing up Thaey's homework after his own and is waiting for someone to get home so that he can ask them to give him money for some take out.

"Hopefully," Dick says honestly. He holds his hand out for Jerel to take again. "I told you. I want you to have fun. Like, a real blast." He lowers his voice a little. "No Pretty Woman bullshit. Just fun."
Well, he'll be dealing just fine on the surface.

Dick inhales and smiles at the same time. Sounds good. Is Jerel the clown? (oh no he d'in't)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Their lives are so separate right now. Snooze is going to be thinking of Mitz all night, though.

Jerel laughs again. "I can't take your credit card down Rodeo Drive, then? I'm devastated." He touches Dick's hand. "Show me the handstand again. Show me how to do it now. If we're having a blast."
Maybe if Jason or Tim or Damian look at him with a little light in their eyes, he'll deal better.

Sometimes the clown, sometimes the ringleader. (would it be general knowledge? or is it ignorance?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Mitz'll be spending his entire evening wondering if he should tell Jerel he has a date, then decide not to in case he's teased about something he's actually a little proud of, then spend the whole night imagining what would have happened if he said something.

Dick looks like a big, happy kid. "Really? Okay, well. Not here. We can go outside real quick and get you on a slope," he says, then takes Jerel's hand and leads him through tiny servants' passages out to the side garden.
They all /used/ to. But he copes with everyone growing up in a much more emotional way than Bruce would.

Dick smile widens slowly, easing into honest. Yeah. Yeah, Dick can see that now. (General ignorance? No, I don't know. Dick wouldn't deny where he's from, but he wouldn't go around to everyone saying GUESS WHERE I WAS BORN /THAT'S RIGHT/ IN A TRAIN CARRIAGE WITH AN ELEPHANT NEXT TO MY MOM)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Jerel likely would have clapped him on the shoulder, and teased him in the 'it's about time' vein. And promptly needled him for details while chowing down on fried chicken. ...and maybe getting help from Mitz about his homework, too.

Jerel's never done acrobatics on a date before, he's not sure what to expect. But it's definitely making Dick happy, so he's happy to go along with it. "I almost wish we'd gotten here earlier in the day, so I could have seen the gardens," he says as they go. Night is beginning to crawl over the grounds.
He copes with everything in an emotional way.

Jerel looks down at their still-joined hands. They seem to have the hang of this. Did Dick have other ideas? (but if he told even one person the whole school would soon know, it's such an interesting thing to talk about -- so would he have told anyone at the school?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Mitz always imagines things to go worse than they actually will. And since he truly cares about what Jerel thinks of him, he'd blow that one waaaaaay out of proportion. He'd still work with Jerel on homework, though.

Dick sort of shrugs. "I like it better when it's getting dark like this. The lights'll come on in a little while," he explains. "Fairy lights around all the trees and hedges. It's pretty." He leads them to a sloped bit of grass and gestures for Jerel to go ahead. "I promise you, it's not as hard as you think it is in your head."
Well, that's true.

Usually his first and only idea is to take it easy and plan only when you really, really need to. (Damian might have said it to a few people and had it make its rounds around the school, but since he's younger it would have gone through a few channels. It'd be a good story, but would Jerel believe it?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Jerel thinks Mitz is a late bloomer and very shy. So it's good for him to come out of his shell.

"What, right here?" Jerel looks at the grass and then at his hands. "Maybe you'd better show me again, first."
He's a little less broken than the rest. But he breaks more every day. It's entirely possible that him breaking will make them want to put themselves back together.

Do they really, really need to? Do they need a story? Or -- should it just be that they met at school and Jerel asked Dick out a while ago? (Probably not. Especially not if it came from middle school. Or little school.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Aaaaand there's the other reason why he didn't tell Jerel. Lying about how he has a date, which is technically true but has little to do with him or his shell, would make Mitz feel awful.

Dick laughs and steps toward the slope, making it even easier to push off into a handstand. He looks at Jerel upside down. "We've evolved out of this, but there's still some weird muscle memory that kicks in. The trick is trusting your arms and knowing that if you fall--and you might--it won't be that bad."
That is pretty much the basic for a hell of a lot of DC storylines. Not just Bat storylines, either.

Dick shrugs a little. He thinks it'd be better if they stick as close to the truth as possible. They share a few classes and one night Jerel took a chance and messaged Dick. It all kicked off from there. (Gosh Dickie with some mystery, that's new)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Jerel will probably end up being at the dance. He'll find out.

"Trusting my arms? And the fall won't be that bad?" Jerel tips his head over so he can look into Dick's face and laughs again. "That's the advice you're going with?"
diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Sounds kind of romantic, does it. All spontaneous. That's probably something Jerel would do. (He gets to tell Jerel about it.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:39 pm

I like to think that both Mitz and Thaey work very hard to keep the whole thing secret from everyone. He might notice Mitz being super awkward at Snooze, though.

Dick grins. "I promise that's the best advice I can give you. You don't believe me now, and that's cool," he actually manages to shrug, though it's kind of just a push-up. "But you really do know how to do this already. If you do fall, you'll automatically save your head. The worst that's going to happen is you'll have a few grass stains."
pretty muuuuuuuuuch

Yeah? Awesome, Dick's fake-bagged himself a romantic. He ceremoniously pumps his fist in the air. (And be all 'oh yeah no that's totally true, you didn't know that? wow')
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:52 pm

The beatings thing, Jerel wouldn't notice that. Mitz has worked hard to avoid Jerel and Mouse knowing about that, I'd assume. But he would notice someone not leaving Mitz's side all night.

Jerel looks at him for a long moment, then gestures for him to get back up. He peels off his nice cashmere jumper and hands it to Dick when he's back on his feet. "This is a nice jumper. Mind it, will you?"
One day he'll be mended back together. We will do it.

Jerel laughs. So they've got a great story. And they're pretty good at holding hands. They probably need a 'how long'. (Dick likes a wide-eyed Jerel.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 am

Okay, with that in mind: So on the night of the dance, Mitz gets done up and then runs over to Snooze's house, shaking with nerves, to let him know that Mitz's brother's going too and he'll drive them and he's really sorry he didn't get a limo or something but everyone said that was more for prom and Mitz really didn't want to mess up.

Dick leans back and lands on his feet. He rubs his hands on his pants before he takes Jerel's sweater, and holds it like he's hugging it. It /is/ a nice jumper. "You got this," Dick cheerleads, and he really means it.
And then we will BREAK HIM APART AGAIN yes good.

Dick looks at Jerel. That's all up to Jerel. How long does he think he'd be with someone like Dick before he said yeah sure come along to this thing I hate? (He likes being a source of wonder)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 am

Snooze is all dressed up and smiling in the doorway of his house. He reassures Mitz, a bit awkwardly, that he was not expecting a limousine, and that he is happy to go in the car with Mitz's brother. He was going to offer to have his mother drive them.

Jerel goes to stand on the slope and rubs his own hands together. "You going to kiss my ouches if I fall?" he says, teasing, then he sucks in a deep breath and goes for it. And like does a somersault.
tasty tasty

Well. It could be any time. Jerel hates going to these things but he hates going alone even more. Usually it's him and Mitz versus the rest, but Mitz has got someone this time. So Jerel would have brought his own person along, so long as he trusted them. How long does Dick think it would have taken for Jerel to trust him? (He is, that. Especially to Jerel.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:17 am

Mitz goes to say something else, but ends up forgetting before it gets out of his mouth. He blurts and babbles instead. Wow, Snooze looks really good.

Dick laughs and goes to stand beside Jerel, looming over him. "Where are the ouches?" he grins.

It's...usually a few months for Dick. So. Maybe two months, just so that they don't seem like overly paranoid teenagers? (aaaaaaaaw Jerel)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:25 am

Snooze smooths down his lapels and looks down at himself, then back at Mitz. You think so? He smiles, almost /hesitantly/, at Mitz. So do you. Blue was a--a good choice. A very good choice.

Jerel really wants to touch his lips -- but of course, he'd have to charge for it. Instead, he touches the back of his head, where he did hit the ground kind of sharply. "I knew I was going to do that, the moment my feet left the ground," he complains.

Sounds good to Jerel. Believable. Of course, he's already trusting Dick now. Strange, that he'd trust the fake relationship faster than a real one. (Dick is just so /different/!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:30 am

Mitz goes bright red and probably clashes. Uh. Um. Thank you? Yes. Well. Does--does Snooze want to go now? Mitz's brother is ready but he said to come over before he gets restless. But Mitz doesn't know how long that'd take? So.

Dick kneels down and lifts Jerel's head up a little, just to feel the back of it. It's a pretty good excuse to play with some hair but Dick doesn't even realise what he's doing. "I don't think you're too injured," he teases gently. "If you do that again, I'll stand in front slash behind you and catch your legs."

Well, Dick guesses with a fake relationship everything's on the table. Out in the open. Dick knows where he stands, Jerel knows where he stands. ...actually. Did they talk about kissing and stuff? /Should/ they talk about kissing and stuff? (aw shucks)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 am

Snooze is ready to go, if Mitz is. Oh -- does Mitz want to meet Snooze's mother? (Snooze knows Romana is hovering just inside, but he wants to give Mitz the choice. He figures Romana will understand.)

Jerel grins. "I might be having some spatial recognition problems because I've got no idea where you'll be standing." He leans into the hair touching. That's a little something for him. He'll keep that feeling.

Jerel licks his lips--unconsciously, but could be out of nerves or anticipation. Well. Jerel usually tries to kiss his girlfriends in the first week. So. Probably, yes. (In the best way possible.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:45 am

Mitz squeaks, then nods through his wincing. He's sure he's wordlessly helped Romana with groceries when he was younger, then ran away when she turned to thank him, and this is slightly more embarrassing. But he's almost sure he'll live.

Dick laughs. It's warm because he's actually having fun. He's forgotten all about family drama, just for a little while. "Okay, sorry," he says, offering his hand to help Jerel up on his feet. "When you're standing on your feet, you'll be facing me. But when you're up on your hands, I'll be behind you, holding your legs and making sure you don't flip."

How prudish are his grandparents? They might have to make sure they catch what looks like a stolen, secret kiss. That could be fun to orchestrate, Dick adds, grinning so that it's not so awkward. He /really/ wants to say that they should practice now but, ugh, how transparent is that. (Dick hopes so.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:50 am

Snooze holds out his hand to... well, sort of help Mitz inside, I suppose. He realises after a moment that people don't really do that, but he's got to stick with it, now. "Come in," he says.

Jerel uses Dick's hand to stand up again, and he's smiling at him. "Right. I get it, now. Are you sure you'll be able to catch me? Or will we both end up at the bottom of the slope?"

Jerel's face lights up at the thought. Oh, man, that would be perfect, wouldn't it? Since Jerel's never brought a girlfriend /or/ boyfriend over, he doesn't know their level of prudishness, but since they're one of those old-fashioned couples who never touch in public, he thinks there might be something to that. That'd be hilarious. Imagine a stern old matriarch catching her grandson stealing a kiss from his boyfriend. /Scandalous/. (No worries there.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next