[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Augh! Oh. Mitz pats Jerel on the back while he hugs back. Okay. Good. Just...stay okay.

Hey, Dick was just trying to help out as much as he could. Is Snooze nervous? (Nah, Bruce already has like two of those, Snooze is off the hook.)
Dick tries to suppress his smile and fails. Good to know. Sorry again. He couldn't help that.

very no
holy shit grow up you giant man baby I thought you were talking about like a 17 year old
I'm sorryyyyyyyyy I must away to sleep I HOPE TODAY GOES WELL AND QUICKLY <333
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:54 pm

So long as Mitz does.

Nervous? He is petrified. (He runs a hand through his dark hair. He hopes so.)
Jerel reaches out to squeeze Dick's hand quickly. It's not even a worry. Jerel's just a noob.

maybe play outlast
nope usually it's a 17 year old, it might be okay if it was like a 17 year old, but it's a 30 year old who turns 31 this month, and he just does not seem to be able to understand that we don't care he's the oldest person in the kitchen, he's still the first year
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT SLEEP WELL ~~ &hearts;!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 am

Don't worry about Mitz. He's freshly reanimated and a healthy amount of emotionally distant. He's sorted.

Dick smiles. What could go wrong? He's honestly asking. (Not that Jason is here on this earth to reassure Waynes or anything, but Snooze should just chill out. Everything'll be fine for him.)
Dick brings Jerel's hand to his mouth and kisses it. Chill, gorgeous, it's fine. Dick's going to go so slow. He just hasn't told his jokes that.

pffff
delusions of grandeur are not a good look
buh I didn't do the sleep thing very well. HOW ARE YOU
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 am

Mitz can tell himself that all he wants. But he still cares. Jerel can tell.

They could argue over custody. Both of them could get angry with Snooze. They could simply not like each other. Take your pick. (Snooze is not in the habit of trusting that everything will be fine.)
Don't censor the jokes. That'd be the worst thing.

not on anyone -- and he did not show up for work again tonight
Mildly drunk! Drinking water so I can go to sleep, heh. How are youuuuuuu~ (I may not reply, I may pass out, warning)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:41 am

'Course he still cares. Mitz reckons he cares the normal amount now, instead of the amount that lead to him being perfect Banshee chow.

Bruce won't do that custody thing. It's always about the kid's choice with him, okay? And there's nothing for them to get angry at Snooze about. And if they don't like each other, then what? Then they don't like each other. (If the fucker in the asylum is telling him to chin up, maybe he should chin up. Little tip.)
Would it really? Dick could think of worse things.

Huzzah!
Heh. I am just about to get started on getting up and being some kind of human being, I suppose. I slept until 4pm >.> So I will go do that and you can go pass out~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Calling yourself emotionally distant from your own family? That's not a normal thing, not a normal amount of caring.

Snooze has had enough of parents or potential parents not liking each other. He has had enough of being resented for being an inconvenience, he says flatly. If it happens this time, with a real parent and the woman who actually adopted him, it might break him. Permanently. (Snooze leans back in his chair. He likes talking to Jason.)
It would mean Dick wouldn't be being himself. He'd be holding back. Jerel shrugs. That'd suck.

Today /I/ slept until 4pm. And continued to doze until 6. I don't even feel particularly sick, it's just raining so I kept getting lulled back to sleep.
HOW ARE YOU
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:00 am

Instead of what he was? Jerel, this is infinitely more normal. He's not saying he is emotionally distant, just that he's emotionally distancing himself.

No-one's going to yell, Dick says gently. No-one is going to get mad at Snooze. It's going to go fine. Really. (Then what the fuck is wrong with Snooze because that shouldn't be happening. Hasn't he met Dick yet?)
If Dick did hold back a little then it would only be a temporary thing, he figures. Everyone holds back a little at the start of something.

that sounds lovely. I can't seem to get to sleep before 6am or wake up before 1pm, it's maddening. I don't even have lovely weather to blame
tired and still sick but NIGHT VALE IN TWO DAAAAAAAAAAYS
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 am

Even from his family.

Snooze... well, they will see. He believes Romana is more the type to be disappointed. As for Bruce... uh. Father. He is more like the type to... not ever speak to Snooze again if things go badly. (He has. He likes to keep the peace. Jason is honest. There is a time for everything.)
Yeah, Jerel guesses so. Yeah, probably. But, well, they've already spent a lot of time together.

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT VAAAAAAAAAAAALE joy joooyyy waggly dance
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:50 am

Jerel. Look, he spent all his life pissed off at himself that he wasn't the one with magical aptitude. Because of course he'd fucked up everyone else like that. Jerel's taller and he could be stronger. He's braver. Better with people. He should have been the one training the most with Max. Max would've been happier with Jerel than with Mitz. And maybe Jet wouldn't have gotten mad as much, since he hates cursing and that's pretty much all Jerel does? And all that's--bullshit. None of them care about that crap. But Mitz did. So, yeah, he emotionally distancing himself from his family so that he cares the right amount, like they do.

Dick smiles thinly, unhappily. Wow, Snooze. Dick can't speak for Romana, but he knows that Bruce would only stop talking to him if Snooze were his colleague or something. Snooze is his son. Dick can't stress how important that is to Bruce. (Sure. Just remember to spend more time with Dickie than with Jason.)
Dick grins. Yeah, they have. But there are some things Dick would tell his boyfriend and not his best friend.

I'M FLIPPING OUT
how are yooooooooooou apart from the snow thing
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:04 am

Okay, let's get one thing straight. Jerel can't speak for Jet or Max -- but he was always, always secretly glad Mitz and Max bonded like they did. Jerel didn't want to learn how to use guns, he didn't want to learn the physical training. He might be taller and older, but Mitz, he fixes people.

Snooze wants to believe Dick. Because he hardly knows his Father, so, it would make sense that Dick would know better. (Maybe, Snooze says, not committing.)
Jerel laughs. Like about, y'know. Injecting.

BETTER FLIP BACK IN OR YOU'LL FLIP RIGHT OUTTA THERE
well it's still raining so i'm still pretty chill HOW ARE YOU
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 am

Mitz sighs and looks away. He doesn't know where Jerel got that idea. But, but, but, whatever. It doesn't matter about all that. Because he knows he got it wrong. He's working on it.

Trust Dick, okay? This would be a lousy thing to lie about. (Jason snorts. What the hell? Most people would jump at the chance to have an excuse to kick it with Grayson.)
Injecting is a boyfriend only activity, Dick agrees.

I CAN'T
PRETTY MUCH THE SAME AS A LITTLE WHILE AGO but I have to go soon
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:25 am

The only thing Mitz got wrong is sacrificing himself because he thought they'd all be happier without him, that they'd all get over his death.

He wants to. He will try. But the proof, one way or another, will come. And soon. (If that excuse is because he doesn't want to spend time with Jason, that would make Snooze a shitty person and a liar. Look -- Cassandra is in Hong Kong, Stephanie is away at university. Snooze has only seen pictures of them. But his brothers are all right here; Snooze does not want to ignore one of them. And Jason is honest and has a dark sense of humour Snooze finds funny. Is it so wrong for him to want to spend time getting to know Jason?)
You're damn right. Jerel grins at Dick. See? It was mostly just surprise and his own ridiculous noob-ness, before. He's good now.

FLIPS 'N' SHIT
outside? yuck
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:36 am

That isn't the only thing Mitz has gotten wrong. Besides, that's just what his note said. He was being a whiney, cursed, little bitch.

Dick ducks his head to catch Snooze's gaze and smiles. It'll be okay. (Maybe. Maybe it is. Jason doesn't want to be the reason why Snooze goes off the deep end. He doesn't want to fuck up a perfectly good kid. Sticking around him, that might happen. Jason realises what Snooze said a little after he's said it. ...oh, Blondie's in college, huh? That's good.)
Dick nudges Jerel a little. He's not a noob. There's just some things he hasn't tried yet.

I WISH
indeed. But I have to get Frank's birthday thing. Anyway I MUST AWAY goodniiiiiiiiight to you~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 am

Mitz actually gets quiet when he's upset. He gets quiet and small and tries to minimise his presence. And he went way too far with that minimising.

Snooze relaxes a little. Thank you. (Stephanie? Yes. Studying business, Snooze thinks someone said. And language and dance and martial arts and law, according to Tim. ...Jason will not send Snooze off the rails. Snooze has so much to lose, now. He is too scared to put a toe out of line these days.)
Like being a boyfriend for more than twenty-four hours, Jerel points out, smiling. He'll get there. He's got an excellent feeling that after making out on the beach for a few hours, there'll be a whole new world of insider jokes to explore.

HAP BIRTH FRANK
fare thee weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell~ have fun~ &hearts;!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 am

Mitz blinks slowly, looking tired. Yeah, Jerel. Probably.

Dick looks pleased. No problem.
And then's when Alfred leads Romana out to meet them all in the gardens and announces her. (Making friends with the lost son is probably a toe out the line, Jason informs Snooze gently. He's just looking out for him, here. It's a huge fuck you to Bruce.)
Dick smiles dreamily at Jerel. No doubt, gorgeous.

FRANK SAYS THANK
hellooooooooo how goes
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:39 pm

Jerel rubs his own eyes. Fine. Every time Jerel tries to tell Mitz how /broken/ everyone was by his death, Mitz just doesn't believe him. Or he believes, but he doesn't care. Jerel doesn't get it.

Snooze immediately jumps up and goes to hug her. (Snooze will make him understand.)
Jerel squeezes Dick's hand tightly. Every time Dick calls him that, just so Dick knows, Jerel gets shivers. It makes him feel all giggly.

YAY FRANK THANK
okay I'm sleeping too much during the day to probably be healthy -- I think it must be warmth, as soon as I get warm, boom, gone.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 am

Mitz leans forward a little, angry. Does Jerel think he doesn't feel guilty enough?

Romana smiles and hugs Snooze back. It's nice to have him still be so affectionate in the presence of his birth father.
Dick smiles wider. Sweet, that means he's doing something right.

oh man I kind of love it when that happens though, but if you're sleeping a lot then I maintain that it must mean that you need the rest.
I AM NIGHT VALEING TOMORROW EXCITE
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Jerel scowls. Sometimes, yes! Sometimes that's exactly what Jerel thinks. Sometimes he thinks Mitz would do it again if things got difficult, that he doesn't understand what the hell happened back here on Earth when he killed himself.

Snooze wants to show both of them how important Romana is to him. ...also he just wants a hug after a difficult morning.
He definitely is. Dick's a great boyfriend.

it's either that or my brain is just saying 'well there's nothing else you're interested in doing so here you go'
THAT IS NOT FAR AWAY AT ALL YAAAAAAAAY
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

If the exact same thing happened? Yeah, Jerel. It'd probably go down the exact same way but if he thinks that doesn't haunt Mitz every fucking day then he has another thing coming. Every other person was exposed to that thing and Mitz was her best shot. He'd still be her best shot. He made it all about everyone else, Jerel. He couldn't even take responsibility for his own fucking suicide and Mitz /hates/ himself. And a little bit of Jerel hates him too. It's stellar.

Poor kid, trying to be all stoic in the face of Wayneness. Romana kneels in the middle of the hug to face Snooze eye to eye---though soon, she knows, he'll be towering over her. She fixes his collar nervously. Well, here she is. In the Wayne Manor gardens for lunch. (Jason half smiles. Wayne confidence looks good on you, Junior. But he's aiming for the fucking moon.)
Jerel's only had a day of it. Dick is aiming to get better.

It could be both. Beating yourself up for not being interested in things right now takes a lot of energy. So rest and then take it easy on yourself. You're one person, and one of my favorite people. *blanket*
SCREAMS
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Jerel doesn't /hate/ Mitz. He's /afraid/ of Mitz. But at least next time they encounter a goddamn banshee Mitz won't take out his earplugs.

Snooze squeezes one of her hands briefly. Thank you for this. Snooze is glad to have her here. (Not so much, Snooze thinks. Jason is here, instead of in prison, he says, carefully.)
Jerel can't wait. Dick is intense.

yessss blankets my favourite thing thank you you are wonderful -- today at least I played around with NaNo
SO CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE HOW LONG NOW
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Mitz snorts humorlessly. Next time they encounter a goddamn banshee, the thing's head is coming off before it can get anyone with a heart left.

She's really happy he invited her. It's not often someone gets to say they get to meet Bruce Wayne, and especially not under these circumstances. Snooze keeps her life interesting, she smirks. (Yeah, you'd be amazed at how little of that comes from any amount of love.)
That's...a good thing, right? He's been told that before. It's not always a good thing.

urgh NaNo. I continue not to know what the fuck I am doing
MERE HOURS hell I mean a lot of hours but HOURS
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Damn right. And that's why Mitz worked so well with Max. They both have that streak of ruthlessness -- but Max and Mitz have bigger hearts than Jet and Jerel.

His life's goal, he tells her, smiling. Come meet everyone. (It could be love. Snooze is not an expert, but he is starting to see it, sometimes.)
It's a good thing to Jerel. Jerel likes intense.

pantsing is a glorious lifestyle
HOOOOURS omg yesssssss
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Mitz shrugs with a 'welp' look on his face. Not anymore!

Romana takes a tiny breath to steady herself, then nods. Of course. (Jason shakes his head. Bruce has a lot of love. And it's weird, stunted love. But none of it is for Jason. And you know what, Junior? He's made peace with that. It's okay.)
Dick's smile goes back to dreamy. Awesome.

nnnnng no that is fine but I have like three ideas and I don't know
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:36 pm

It's a metaphorical heart, you genius.

Some of them are nice, don't worry, Snooze says very softly, so even Alfred can't hear. (If Father--if Bruce did not love Jason, he would never bother protecting him.)
Jerel strokes the back of Dick's hand, over his knuckles. Wasn't Dick going to nap?

my problem is I don't have an ending, do any of yours have endings
: DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:46 pm

Mitz rolls his eyes. What he's saying is, he doesn't know if he's going to be the same. Just as a general warning.

Romana squeezes Snooze's shoulder in response but is still a little nervous. She doesn't show it much, though. (Okay but Snooze is forgetting one little, uptight, British detail.)
He was, but then he found out he could just sit here and watch Jerel drive.

I mean theoretically they all have endings but
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:54 pm

Well. Well, Jerel hopes he's going to be a bit more aware of the fact that he's got loved ones.

Snooze takes her hand and leads her to Bruce. Romana, this is Bruce Wayne. He is Snooze's biological father, but he never knew, until Snooze started investigating. Father, this is Romana Dvora. She adopted Snooze. (Alfred does the how. Bruce provides the why.)
Jerel should get him a bandanna for his hair. Then he can lose it in the wind.

but do you know any of them
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Mitz sighs quietly. He was cursed, Jerel. He wasn't thinking right. That's not how he thinks all the time.

Romana attempts to share a little smile with Bruce at Snooze's formality, which she finds entirely endearing, and takes the hand he offers. It's so nice to meet you, they both say. At the same time. (Jason shakes his head, then closes his eyes and leans back in his chair. Sure. Whatever.)
Ohhh, that sounds like a blast. They should do that kind of shit all the time, Dick grins.

I mean. Yes? But I wrote one already, the other one is planned out and ends in about three fucking years at the rate I'm writing it and will result in, y'know, the Batman. And the other one only has an ending because Beauty and the Beast has an ending. Who knows if I can actually /write/ them
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Not always. But Mitz has to admit -- sometimes he thinks the people around him don't like him. Don't love him. Jerel bets that sometimes Mitz thinks Jerel doesn't love him. That Jerel never would have taken him away to London to starve in the cold if he loved him.

Snooze smiles at them both. More alike than they think, maybe. (It will not be difficult to make Bruce understand. Snooze had no fear of coming here, since he did not know Jason. That's his reason. But Bruce is afraid. That is the only explanation for why he is not here.)
What, get costumes? Jerel snickers. They'll have to hit a few op shops. It can be arranged. But not today. Today is for normal clothes. And maybe nice clothes, if they decide to go somewhere nice for dinner.

the only way you find that out is by writing it, unfortunately
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Christ, Jerel, is that what he thinks? They've covered this so many times. Remember that really bad winter and they both thought they were going to die? Right before they starting living with Max and Jet. Mitz thinks that it would be better if he died then than if Jerel had just left him to rot with their mother. /That/ would have made him think that Jerel didn't love him or want him around or anything. But he knows for a fact that a lot of the time, people just don't like him.

Maybe, Bruce allows, then gestures to the tables behind him. Please, sit. Lunch will be out shortly. (Jason snorts. Afraid. Kid, the more he gets to know his dad the more he'll realise how wrong he is.)
Mm. Dick stretches out a little, as much as he can in the seat. He'd like that. He doesn't usually go in for that whole fancy dinner stuff, but he'd love to see Jerel all dressed up.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
what do you have in mind?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:50 pm

People /do/ like Mitz, though. Mitz doesn't know how to handle it. And that's not his fault. He has learning difficulties. He's so incredibly smart, he has social problems. Jerel remembers Mitz's teachers saying that. Jerel's, too.

(is anyone else there at the lunch?) (Snooze lifts his chin. Snooze is still a terrified little boy, under it all. It is not unreasonable to believe that Bruce is, too.)
That could also, definitely, be arranged. Jerel likes good food and good company, and he's got a nice suit. He can see Dick in a nice suit, too. And, well. And out of it.

all I have is the bare bones -- essentially the new generation of gods replacing the old ones, who stupidly decided to piss off and hide because they got afraid of dying or being forgotten. But I have only one character and no /actual/ plot. Or ending. I don't know where it's going to go. :\
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:05 pm

He has social problems because he smells, looks weird and is a bit of a prick. Also people are--mean. But Jerel's fine. He's always been fine. He's good with people.

(Dick might stick around for a little bit and Tim and Damian will mill about, no doubt, but it's more for Romana, Snooze and Bruce.) (Not when it comes to Jason.)
Dick eyes Jerel. Don't tease. They're taking it slow, remember?

Pantsing, eh? Such a calming and soothing hobby :/
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Mitz smells and looks weird because he never used to shower much and he hasn't gotten the hang of it, yet. But he will. And he's a bit of a prick when people are mean to him. ...Jerel's going to ignore that 'good with people' thing because Mitz has called him an arrogant dick before.

Snooze quickly introduces Romana to Dick as well, then, and the others if they show. He likes to have the controlling hand. (Yeah. Even when it comes to Jason.)
They are. Yeah, Jerel knows that, yeah, they are. He was just mucking around.

absolutely the opposite
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:28 pm

'Course he bloody has, Mitz is a bit of a prick. Everyone knows Jerel's alright, though.

Romana recognises it for what it is, which is nerves, and politely greets everyone. There's a lull, though, after that's done. How the hell does one start small talk with Bruce Wayne? (Would you like to take Bruce? Just so that I'm not talking to myself XD) (Snooze doesn't know what he's talking about. Sorry kid.)
Dick reaches over and pets Jerel's arm. It's okay. He's just saying, you know... don't tease. Dick'll get all worked up and be wild by the time they start to speed up.

Sigh. At least you're doing something new and original instead of fanfic or a rewrite of fanfic of fanfic? Very Happy?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Jerel has gotten better. He used to be an angry, desperate little thief who'd do anything for his brother. Anything. Steal, lie, break things. Anything. He wasn't nice. He's getting better. Mitz is able to get better, too. He's got a literal second chance.

Snooze shifts nervously in his seat when all goes quiet. Then he asks Bruce if he wants to know how Snooze is doing in school. Bruce agrees, slightly relieved -- and Snooze looks at Romana. "How was the last Parent Teacher night?" (no worries!) (He thinks he does. They will see.)
Don't tease at all? Not at all? Jerel's gonna have to try that out.

If it was fanfic at least I'd have something to work with, heh!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:53 pm

Mitz closes his eyes, visibly upset by how disappointed Jerel sounds at himself and all because of Mitz. Yeah. Yeah, he'll make it up to Jerel. He promises.

Romana is amused at Snooze the comptroller, but is glad of the prompt. "Pretty good," she starts, and addresses them both. "His teachers are a little worried about the change to his education so many times over the last few years, but I'm hoping some stability will do the world of good. I /hope/ you agree with me, Snooze." She smiles faintly. "And soon enough we'll have to start thinking about what high school you'd like to go to but at the rate his academic scores are improving, that shouldn't be a problem at all." (Yeah-huh. Is he working on a way to get pigs to fly, too?)
Look, Dick had freaky dreams about Jerel /before/ all this. He's not saying don't tease ever because, well, Dick's not sure he can pull that off either. But he will be driven crazy. And he will want Jerel.

No, you are the original story queen, you got this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Mitz just needs to remember he's loved. Jerel loves him. There's only been a couple of times he's said it, and he needs to, now. Jerel loves Mitz. Please don't ever kill yourself again.

Snooze is pleased with the praise. Bruce takes it all in. "Stability has been known to help," he agrees. Both Dick and Jason improved, slightly, once they had been at school for some time. "About high school -- I would like to help with that." (Did you know it would take wings three times the size of a human to get a human to fly? Not out of the realm of possibility.)
Jerel looks at Dick, then back at the road. He's quiet for a moment. Then he says, wow, he really wants to know about the freaky dreams. But he'll be patient. This slow thing is fun.

I probably have this up to about 48,000 words, snicker.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Mitz feels /so/ awkward right now, and he smiles out of instinct. Yeah, that's not going to happen. It sucked. ...he loves Jerel too. He's sorry, about everything.

Romana opens her mouth, then closes it. She thinks about her words. "I wouldn't want you to think that I brought that up just to prompt you to help," she says. "There really are a lot of good schools, some private, that I would be able to afford. That being said, I would be pleased if Snooze could have a wide range of choices when the time comes around." (Jason opens his eyes and looks at Snooze. Though about that, huh?)
Dick could tell Jerel the details, but it basically boiled down to Dick waking up and thinking 'oh shit I'm into my best friend, gold star Grayson'. But yeah, he likes the slow thing.

At least we'll all be in that boat. Yay NaNo!
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:29 pm

Jerel holds his arms out. Come here.

"My father," Bruce says, and he stops to clear his throat. "Snooze's grandfather and I both went to Gotham Academy. Damian is to attend, as well. If both you and Snooze would like, I can arrange for Snooze to sit for the entrance interview and exam." Snooze opens his eyes wide and looks at Romana. (He's wanted to fly away. Of course he has.)
Jerel glances at Dick. He will want to hear the details, at some point.

NOVEMBER WOO
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:35 pm

Mitz looks a little surprised by that. They don't hug often. Okay but...don't do the noogie thing, yeah? This is a trust exercise.

Romana looks back at Snooze. "Would that be something you'd like? Gotham Academy is a great school." (Jason laughs but not because he finds that amusing. Jesus, kid. He's making it way difficult to be mad at him.)
Dick shrugs. Sure thing, gorgeous. Dick is Jerel's own personal open book.

YAY DAILY STRESS THAT IS ACTUALLY WEIRDLY ENJOYABLE
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Jerel will resist the urge. Trust him.

"Is it? I have not ever --" Snooze shakes his head. "No one I know goes there." It was always so far above his head he just ignored it all. (Snooze shrugs slightly. He got out of a couple of beatings by derailing things.)
Jerel beams. There it is again.

I think it's because stuff comes out of it. Stuff we like. If we didn't like writing, it wouldn't be enjoyable at all.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Mitz nods and goes in for the hug. And probably has unreasonably vivid flashbacks of being tiny and cold and scared and silent while Jerel held onto him and tried to sleep.

"Then we'll do some research and see how you feel about it," Romana says, putting a hand on his arm. This on top of his adoptive mother meeting his birth father is a lot to take in. (Usually Jason just told the ones threatening the beating that they were pretty. Always worked for him.)
Dick hums. He is, you know. Gorgeous. Absolutely, drop dead gorgeous.

well I mean yeah but at the /time/ fuck writing
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:06 am

Jerel pulls Mitz in close and wraps him in tight. He's all spindly tall, so he puts his chin on Mitz's head, even if he has to stretch.

Snooze squares his shoulders and smiles, at Romana, and then at Bruce. "Doing some research sounds good. Thank you, Father. For your offer." Bruce nods to him, and tells Romana, "You are an excellent mother. I can see it already." (Snooze never thought of that.)
Jerel squeezes Dick's hand tightly. Do not drop dead. Jerel's telling him now. Dick's not allowed.

snicker, hella accurate
going to have to sleep soon, just watched seven episodes of Doctor Who and am now slightly watched out
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:14 am

Mitz holds on tight. He should have probably hugged Jerel more before the whole banshee thing made him go completely mental.

Romana's eyebrows go up. That wasn't praise she was expecting. "Thank you," she says. "We're both learning as we go, but I think it helps to have an excellent son." Which definitely, /definitely/ is her way of saying 'this boy is amazing don't you dare crush his dreams don't you dare walk away from him'. (You're welcome.)
What about if his heart stops every so often? Like, generally whenever Jerel smiles or touches him? Because Dick's really sure he's not going to be able to help that reaction.

oh wow yeah that is a lot of watching
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:21 am

It really does wonders for the both of them. Jerel relaxes by whole muscle groups the longer this goes.

Bruce can only nod, because he's forgotten that sometimes people he knows can be good and nice and supportive to his sons. It's such a rarity. Snooze is quite lucky. Snooze has almost slid down underneath the table, he's so embarrassed with the praise, too.
Then he better learn how to start it back up again, Jerel says, looking over at him while he's driving, or Jerel'll have to do it for him. He's going to be a doctor, you know. He can do that.

but I am now all caught up on Who with it's don't be lasagne and dan the soldier man and the moon is an egg and THE ANDROID MAN (so Mitz amirite) and the doctor abandoning everyone on the train to save clara I AM ALL CAUGHT UP
tomorrow will be three episodes of SHIELD, I was slightly more caught up on that one
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:25 am

Eventually, no matter how much Mitz would like to stay there, he's going to end up feeling awkward and clingy and pull back. So, yeah. Good talk.

Thankfully this is when Alfred comes out with his trolley full of sandwiches, soups and biscuits, along with a large pot of tea. "Oh my," Romana murmurs.
Well, Dick's not going to tell Jerel what he's about or anything, but he's /pretty/ sure kisses are the cure.

It's not actually that bad, right? Like somehow Moffat finally started listening to some criticism and worked on his flaws? I'm pleasantly confused about the whole thing. I mean, I even like Clara. NO ONE SAW THAT COMING
oh man have you been watching Flash though also Gotham
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content