[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Mitz deserves that break, too. Jerel knows how much he worries.

Shit'll happen. Or it won't. (If he's a Lost Wayne, he's usually Selina's. She usually doesn't let him go. But there's always the possibility she gave him up, to protect him from the life.)
Jerel groans. Cold coffee is one of the worst tastes in the world. Okay. Okay, he'll put his shoes on. They can have coffee now, and then they can get /another/ coffee to take to the beach. Also breakfast.

One of them has gotten to the age of being 'I'm nineteen, /dad/, I can make my own decisions', which makes me feel all kinds of anxious.
They keep designing stuff I just don't want. I liked the scarves, but I have most of them. The capes don't look like good on anything but spirals. And I was holding out for the accents from the festival, but they're all so suckyyyyyyy /whine whine whine
I got called back in to work. -_-
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:49 am

Pfffhahaha yeah but that's kind of part of his charm? Apparently? So, y'know, whatever works.

Not to, like, put Jerel off the family. They'll like Jerel fine. (Ohhhh I like the given him up thing. Because then Snooze still gets his tragic past, still eventually gets Romana and can still be a Wayne. He's such a speshul baby, I want to keep him that way :3)
Dick kills the engine and turns around to watch Jerel happily. Sure thing, gorgeous. His call.

oh dear me
I haven't got any of the scarves! But they are nice. I've never been able to snag a cape no matter how much I grind, it's very frustrating because I actually love them. Also, I meant to say, I know you don't like the accents but DAMN the book accent looks really good on this dragon http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17561&tab=dragon&did=2510254
what no boo BOO I SAY
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 pm

Really? Explains why Mitz hasn't calmed down much even though he's got what he's got.

Jerel wants to like them, too. Dick's pretty attached. (he gets ALL THE NICE THINGS to make up for canonverse basically -- so he's still Selina and Bruce's, but Selina never let Bruce know she was pregnant, ran off, and gave Snooze up immediately once she had him so Bruce would continue to not know. Snooze went into an orphanage, bounced around some foster homes, and eventually landed at Romana's. Where she encouraged him enough to make him work hard to get into a fancy school where he met Mitz and Mouse. also where he would have ended up going if he had grown up a Wayne, meaning he's on a crash-collision course for some hard truths. Delightful. I wonder if Selina spies on him from afar and is having enormous panic attacks every time he brushes past Damian or Tim in the halls at school. ... I wonder if, as usual, Snooze and Damian still have accidental incesty chemistry.)
Jerel serves him a surprised smile. Gorgeous, huh?

It's all like well that's what I thought at nineteen too, and then a couple of years later, boom, nervous breakdown, complete withdrawal from society. She's got a bright shiny future ahead of her.
I got the white one and I think the purple and green ones from grinding. Always a major nice. Also wow yes the parchment looks great against the white iri, that is nice.
And I just got called in again tonight. And I have both shifts tomorrow, and I have sunday dinner. That is too many people across too few days. So much people. This is not the job for someone who does not like to people.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Mitz has calmed down considerably, he thinks. But he'll always be a nervous little goblin. (Okay, thought I had today: What if Mitz came back from the dead without a heart.)

'Course he does. He's the star child. First adopted, biggest smile, smart, charismatic, athletic and so fucking loving. He ticks all the boxes, so he gets all his boxes ticked. It's the way it works. Jason wouldn't have it any other way. Watching them all together? Makes you believe that postcard Christmases and happy birthdays happen for everyone. They're like a fucking commercial at Thanksgiving. Jason brings out the worst in them. (I would say, actually, that Selina would have gotten on with her life, on the surface anyway. She wouldn't have spied, she wouldn't have found out where he went or how it's going, she wouldn't have done any of that. But she /will/ now if she sees him on the street that it's him. That'll be a kicker. Also, Damian and Snoozze always have a Thing. It's a weird Thing.)
Dick smiles slowly and easily, leaning on his hands. Obviously, yeah.

Okay, I can get that. But, well, so do you. I think more people have that post-19 nervous breakdown than most would like to admit. And I also think that more often than not, people don't really hit their stride until mid-thirties at best.
I got a random blue and green one recently! A scarf that is. I'll never get a cape :[
That's too many everything. But not too many money. Just whine in their faces until you get a good long amount of time off and then make yourself a money bath.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Hey, since he started taking regular showers, his goblin characteristics have taken a backseat, don't worry about that. (like a literal heart or like an emotional heart per soulless-Sam-Winchester? that's intriguing and heartbreaking)

Makes them all feel guilty. It's the same way for Mitz. Jerel wishes he knew how he could fix it. He's looking forward to seeing those postcard holidays, that'll be way weird. Weird and interesting. (I like that thought. Just like she's having a cup of coffee and she looks up and he's in line at the counter and she just knows. Punch to the gut knows. Apparently with the Thing, it happens kind of often for siblings who are brought up apart, it's like subconsciously you recognise that this is a person you're supposed to love, like facial features register as your family.)
Jerel licks his lips, nerves creeping up on him. He thinks Dick is stunning.

so far away
I have never got a scarf from grinding. I got most of mine from chests and from posting in endless giving threads, eh heh.
That'd be super nice. Go all Scrooge McDuck for a little while, without the whiny little nephews. But Race Week is coming up in like two weeks I think? All hands on deck, that week. The whole town will be packed out with hooligans and nutjobs.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 pm

That's somewhat reassuring, cheers. (Kind of both? Like, no physical heart. That was eaten. And he's already being brought back from the dead after being cremated so there's a hell of a lot of magic going on, so I don't see why he can't just be magically kept alive without a heart. Also, on the argument that he should get all his organs back: I just really like lasting marks and scars and results from dying and coming back. On the emotional side of things, he would still be Mitz but he would be, sometimes, insensitive and cold. More calculating than anything, but it'd be new. I said it to Freo before she ran off to work and she's like OH NO MOUSE WOULD THINK HE CAN'T LOVE and of /course/ Mitz would also think he can't love. It's bullshit, obviously, because his love for Snooze and Mouse is soul-deep. But angst.)

Yeah, he'll get them. There's always a party going on. Jason doesn't address that guilt comment, but he sort of shrugs and hunches. Ruffled, would be the term, I think. (The biggest punch of all. Oh man, poor Selina. And yes! You are right. It's also a big reason why a lot of fathers are okay with putting sons for adoption and not daughters, since they're terrified they'll meet later and they'll do them.)
Stunning, Dick repeats with a snort. He blushes faintly. He likes that.

Nah. What I mean is, it's not the lack of things or the ability to do things that are just out of your reach that's getting to you maybe? It could be the rush that you were/are in. That's what it was for me, shrug. That's what it was, in a lot of different ways, for most of my friends. Everyone's always rushing us, and we're rushing ourselves.
Giving threads! Of course. If I had the patience for interacting with people, I would probably do the same XD
Fffffff race/rally weeks are the WORST. I will shudder when I think of the boat race weekend at a bar where I used to work.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Jerel does his best. (Angst. Angst, angst and scars. Oh yes. Though Mitz was angelically restored, restored from heaven, so it's possible they restored him literally without any scars or blemishes. But that's not any fun. And angst. I don't know if Snooze would think Mitz wouldn't be able to love. He would like to put in a good deal of research into love, but that seems ridiculous. Too many contradictions.)

Man, why don't we have a winged!verse. (That would take some time to come to terms with. Like, intellectually, she would have known that she might meet him one day. That he might try to find her, and being hers and Bruce's kid, he would have succeeded. But not /that/ day. Some day in the future. And yeah, that makes sense. Of course, Bruce had zero choice in the creation or raising of either blood son. Well like ten percent choice in the creation.)
Jerel leans in and kisses Dick, his thumb brushing over Dick's reddened cheek. Yeah. Good. Stunning.

That is so true. I'm so tired of being rushed.
I gave up on those after people kept granting my easy wish when I'd go for their mediums and hards.
I am so not looking forward to it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:09 am

Yeah, he does. Mitz knows that. (Ehhhhh Angels can be weird too. It could also be a mild punishment for being such a little shit about them for so long. And, heh, I thought Snooze might be on the side of Mitz Can Love. It's very Snooze.)

Because it's not great to RP but would be amazing to draw and we can't do that? XD (She would be absolutely shaken for weeks. And then she'd suddenly see him everywhere, without meaning to. The day she sees with him with Romana, that'll be the real kicker. And no Bruce really is the most unaware of fathers in nearly every sense of the word.)
Dick hums and takes his time opening his eyes after that one. Mmmokay. Alright. Let's go get the coffee.

Seriously though. It sucks. But I think half the battle is recognising that it's happening around us and that's what we're doing to ourselves.
Yeeeeeaaaaah that's about when I quit as well. Though I did enjoy going through people's bestiaries and gifted them familiars I have a million of.
*soothing noises* Look forward to the downtime.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:23 am

And Jerel knows Mitz does his best. And now they both have other people who know those things. That's top. (That's true! They do get awfully ticked off when their vessels say no. And Snooze really likes being loved, so he likes to believe that his lovers, y'know, love him. Despite what they've gone through.)

Longing sigh. True. Jason would totally ruffle his own feathers all the time. Just, like, irritation, pleasure, boredom, exasperation, so many things. (Especially if, say, Snooze hugs Romana. That'd hurt in a sweet way. Like you'd be pleased your son grew up okay. But also you'd secretly wish that he'd love no one but you. --Right up until the mothers of his children show up like 'uh so hey I uh and we uh and then uh but now here you go have a somewhat-grown son bye'.)
Jerel pulls on his shoes faster than he ever has before, and slides out of the car. Hey, is Jerel's wallet there somewhere? Might help.

And the other half would be doing stuff, right? ugh
I have to admit, after the first couple, I just went to find the cheapest one they were missing.
Gonna be a while. sleepy ouch
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:21 am

Yeah, look at them growing as people and feeling empathy and stuff. Go them. Adults. Awkward shift. (Also what was the angel that Mitz vessels up for? I forget. Do you remember? And, yeah, that's what I figured. Aw Snooze. Mitz does love you. He's just dealing with undead trauma.)

Constantly a ruffled little feather baby. (Oh no it'd be a happy kick in the teeth, definitely. He didn't end up on the streets, he didn't end up unloved, she did the right thing by giving him up but that doesn't stop the ache. And aw man poor Bruce. I mean, the man as no capacity to express his emotional range, he's the worst person to dump a mostly grown child at.)
Don't worry about it. Find it later and buy ice cream at the beach. Dick's got this.

I'd say a quarter is doing stuff. Another quarter is just, y'know, telling yourself be okay with doing stuff at your own pace. Stop rushing, be cool with your own personal pace, do stuff.
Oh man. No I just have so many familiars so I didn't even bother to go searching for things for people. Just if I had it, they got it. And I still kept one in my inventory for my own bestiary and one extra in case Crim was looking for one.
*more soothing noises*
I hope you are sleeping well sorry for fucking off to goat but maaaaaaaaaan it is fun to goat <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:49 am

Growing up always seemed like the most terrifying thing. Turns out it's not that bad when you're getting regular sex, Jerel snickers. (Raphael! And Snooze will always be right there, literally right there right next to Mitz looking over his shoulder and breathing on him and all that, to help him deal with the trauma. And prove he's alive again.)

That is the cutest shit. (And the endless wondering of 'could I have done that for him' and 'what would he have been like if he had been mine' and 'does he know', that would be a big one. I imagine the dumping of children is a device to make Bruce grow, but Bruce, being who he is, stays in the same place.)
Jerel grins at him. Dick's so together and organised. How does he do it, this early in the morning?

That's a big cruise-y pie.
That's a lot of familiars. I have literally sold off all of the ones I have awakened except for the wolf-like ones that I like too much to sell.
okay fingers crossed here starts four days of not having to work before all hell breaks loose next week
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:03 pm

Shouldn't Jerel have already known that? Mr I Can't Get Through A Week Without A Good Shag. (Holy shit Raph is kind of a big deal no wonder heaven's pissed at Mitz. And, aw, Snooze. Snooze is the glue that holds them together.)

It would be a hard time for her, definitely. Having all these questions that, sure, she's asked herself before but never had a face or faces to put next to them. Never knew exactly how much Snooze looks like her when he smiles, or how much he looks like Bruce when he frowns. These are just things that have accidentally landed on her lap and she would have to deal with them on her own time. I really don't think she would confront either of them for a few years at least.
Well, to be fair, it took a year years with Damian but Bruce got there.
Dick shrugs. Guess he's just a morning person. Being in the scouts'll do that to a person. That and he got to wake up next to his crush, who said they were boyfriends now. Dick is feeling pretty freaking awake and happy.

I have so many familiars it must be really smelly in that lair
*crosses everything for you* hiiiiiiii
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 pm

There's all different types of shags, Mitzy, and some are better than others. (Yeah, that's why I chose him, snicker. And, well, he doesn't believe that. Mitz and Mouse could function just fine without him. That's why he's always so eager to jump in and help. Prove himself.)

But they might confront her. When Snooze starts to feel loved and comfortable, that's when he'll start poking around at his origins. And the first time he sets foot in Wayne Manor for whatever contrived reason--big holiday party that Dick invited Jerel to, and Jerel had to babysit Mitz, who brought Snooze and Mouse for moral support--there will be very investigative eyes on him doing background checks.
If only it happened while Damian was going to be alive for a while.
Jerel kind of beams at him, and holds out his hand to Dick. Since it is their very first morning as boyfriends, a little hand-holding wouldn't be out of place, would it?

I prefer to imagine that they do not poop or eat. They just need to be bonded with.
helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how you
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Oh, wow. Mitz is just super pleased to have a big brother around to explain that to him. (Oh nooo Mitz I had no idea how much you done fucked up. And shut up Snooze you are glue YOU ARE GLUE)

I'm running under the assumption that even in this Gossip Girl-like 'verse, Bruce is still Batman and the kids are still the many different reds and robins. Which means investigative Snooze will be confronted with an Alfred trying to distract and obfuscate.
Damian got it for a /little/ while...
Dick mouths 'oh my god', then smiles. Yeah. He means, no. No. Not out of place.

until they are awakened
truly dreadful, how are yooooou
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Fuck, do /not/ give him flashbacks to all his attempts to give Mitz the talk, please. There's a reason he eventually just gave Mitz a book. (I figured Gabriel, Michael and Lucifer were all taken SO LET'S GO FOR THE NEXT ONE. If he is glue then he is a very weak glue and Mouse is probably a glue-repellent surface.)

And let's face it, Snooze wouldn't immediately assume he is Bruce Wayne's child even if he did see the resemblance, which he probably wouldn't. So if he showed up at the Wayne door asking for answers, they would be because the Wayne Foundation has a great reputation for helping orphans, and he's not asking for a place to live, he's just asking for help in finding records.
A very little while. In canonverse, anyway. In our universes he is as bratty as ever hahaha hah ha hha ha ha
Jerel wiggles his fingers. Don't leave him hanging.

and then they just hover around the place in a glowy light and occasionally spew out coins I guess?
hiding from the world and making decisions yaaaaaaaaay your body and my mind would make an excellent person worth killing
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:50 pm

The /book/, Mitz spits and shudders. That book is probably the reason why Mitz was always terrible at everything sexual. (Scary monsters, Mitzy. And shush no that's just the way she is she just gets really weirded out by glue like a fly in a web)

In which case, they would be happy to help. I don't think Bruce will know at all. Alfred might remark that it's simply strange that Snooze looks so much like Master Damian, but that's about it.
There's no sense in killing a CHILD for no reason, after all.
Dick takes Jerel's hand and squeezes gently. He smiles, kind of hopefully and testing at the same time. 'Is this still okay?' kind of thing. Just checking.

pooping gilded chests
considering I've been having ten minute panic attacks each time my stomach lurches or my fever spikes, I'm pretty sure we could just mindmeld and kill what that creates
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Aw, man. Really? Jerel thought he made an okay choice with that thing. (At least he's the angel of healing. Oh man that's probably how he'll get Mitz on side, he'll promise to heal him and give him his heart back and all sorts. And Mouse is much prettier than a fly.)

And then when the records are missing? Because a master thief would not leave incriminating evidence just lying around in a filing cabinet somewhere.
Especially one with such potential for the story. /We/ have sense.
Jerel squeezes right back, and pulls Dick out of the car, towards him. Dick's hand is so warm.

just the one gilded chest
and hope it doesn't kill us first?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Probably a great idea, Mitz reassures him. Mitz just--y'know. Was Mitz. Studied the damn thing. Found more books because he figured that would be the best way to go about it. You try tackling your first time with 'technical knowledge' and the emotional range of a robot. (hahahaha yesssss perfect and I'm sure she appreciates that)

A mystery! Gosh if only there were detectives around.
And also a healthy acceptance of Robins.
Dick smiles, absolutely dumbly. Yeah? Good. Cool. Wait! he's got the keys. He'll lock up.

It's a really big poop.
I'm hoping to kick its ass, actually. Really digging my Leo heels in on this one.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

Oof. Yeah. Okay, Jerel can see where he went wrong on that one, he apologises. But hey. Mitz has a decent emotional range. He just doesn't share it most of the time. Keeps it to himself. Jerel knows enough about Mitz to know that. (IT ALL FITS TOGETHER and Snooze does hope so.)

If only! And a mystery about orphans, too. Gosh, there sure aren't many people who specialise in that.
Even slightly more than that, crying over robins dot tumblr dot com.
Probably for the best. Otherwise how would they get to the beach? Jerel may tangle his fingers with Dick's at this point, to hold onto him properly.

Takes almost three months to poop it out.
My Aries leadership has led itself away from me, so have at it, it's all yours.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Mitz shrugs. Welp! He's too English to admit to emotional range, Jerel knows that. (I LOVE IT WHEN IT DOES THAT and don't worry about it Snooze you are the compliment master)

What're they all gonna do!
which has been getting a lot of interest over the last week or so >.>
Dick is fine until Jerel laces their fingers together, and then he fumbles the keys a little. He manages not to drop them. He is a little alarmed that Jerel is so willing to be seen in public with Dick, like this. Alarmed in a good way.

That is one hell of a poop. No wonder they need reassuring pats all the time.
How about we just get a bunch of pillows and blankets together and take naps and also eat things like this instead of thinking about all that crap http://food52.com/blog/11286-how-to-make-deep-fried-apple-pies-from-scratch#uIUPfa:zGr
also one more reply! hopefully. i may end up sleeping before that
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Jerel never saw the point in that. Well, okay, hiding things did get pretty important at times. But he likes to let people know he's happy or angry or whatever. (it's like it's meant to be, and Snooze only got that way through practice)

Probably hide things from each other, lie about the truth, angst and cry. Y'know, fun stuff.
really hahaahaha why so
Jerel is currently trying not to analyse why he's so okay with this. Subconsciously he figures it's probably about thirty percent rebellion, sixty percent relief at discovering the missing parts of his own identity, and ten percent just being already incredibly comfortable with Dick due to the fact they met outside a mental institution and haven't hid much from each other ever since.

So true.
oh man apple pie hot damn
okaaaaaaaaaaaay
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Mitz snorts. Yeah, no, he kind of gathered that about Jerel. It's not a bad thing. (Delicious plot points! Aw, Snoozles. Of course that's the case. Not that you were made out of syrup from the start.)

Well I mean if it ain't broke...
No idea! Just got a bunch of new followers recently. I haven't posted anything in a while. Like chill out y'know
Dick walks a little closer to Jerel while he talks, smiling harder as they go. Dick likes those numbers, they work well for him. And he likes it when Jerel goes all smart like that. He always has.

poor little bastards
i freaking know riiiiiiight they look amazing. I'll probably do them without the sticks because ehhh
I'm sorryyyyyyy but I am so so sick and so so tired. ENJOY NOT WORKING AND SEE YOU LATER THE NOC <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Jerel gives Mitz a mocking little bow. Thanks ever so much. (The syrup was buried right down deep. Actually you're right, it was pretty non-existent until he realised that was what was expected of him to /have/ right down deep. Then he worked on putting it in there. ...then it took over.)

Snooze would like to fix it just briefly to get his hands on his adoption records, then he is just fine with it 'not being broken' again.
Maybe you got reblogged somewhere, heh.
So if Jerel were to start whispering his biology homework in Dick's ear, that'd get him brownie points? He grins.

you have to wonder what they eat in order to poop out coins and different kinds of chests
Yeah I don't care so much about the deep-frying, oven-baked apple pies are just as nice.
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT I hope you get lots of restful sleeeeeeeeep~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:53 am

Mitz grins. Yeah, well, he might as well keep that ego floating. One of them has to have one of those. (Mitz has the biggest ego.) (That's the nature of syrup and squish, Snooze. Once upon a time, I could only write cruelty and evil characters. And here I am, after years of fluff, fucking loving it and unable to stop.)

It's in need of someone to try to fix it. One of their number is in an asylum for fucks sake. Maybe Snooze is what they need to poke around and Do Things, even if it does start with him looking for his adoption records.
Mayhaps! It's all very amusing.
Dick thinks that Jerel could whisper nearly anything in his ear and it would do it for him. But it'd help if Jerel /understood/ the biology homework he was talking about.

Maybe it's a result of the magic poisoning or whatever it is that makes them want to attack dragons in the first place
I like fried apples. I reckon both are good. BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT
I slept! I am still sick but I slept. HOW ARE YOOOOOOOOU
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Mitz is too worried about things to have any pride in himself. Jerel tsks. (And let's be honest, the brief moments of angst and hardship only make the pages and pages of fluff even /more/ addictive.)

I dare say that since Damian wouldn't have the first grip on him, he'd be much more willing to be all 'well this is not an acceptable way to behave to a family member' to pretty much most of the familial relationships in that house. Just drop hints about how he has seen some super unacceptable behaviour in his time in the foster system and also some super acceptable behaviour, and everyone seemed much more efficient and functional when the behaviour was acceptable.
Jerel absolutely understands his biology homework. He wants to be a doctor, remember? Not much good without a bit of biology. He nudges Dick with his hip.

Right, the Shade thing that it's been fifteen months and no one has really mentioned.
ELIMINATION ROUND
I just had my debit card cancelled because some phisher in france tried to bill me. What the heckity frick frack clicky clack.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 pm

That's true. That's why he surrounds himself with millioooooooons of friends to live vicariously through. (I would argue that it's the opposite effect, but either way it works XD)

Oh Snooze. You have the best intentions here and there might be some changes but I fear you'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment.
In that case, Dick has no chance whatsoever. Whisper biology homework to him, Dick simpers. But after he finds them a seat. He bumps Jerel's him right back. He'll get the coffees.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THE BEST KIND
whaaaaaaaaaaaat holy shit that sounds unreasonably stressful D:
I am not here! I am just awake and dehydrated but ultimately supposed to be asleep <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 am

Or even just a couple who really matter. (It does indeed. Happysigh. Speaking of, we should probably throw some angst around some time soon.)

Hey, he already has Romana and Mitz and Mouse. He doesn't need any more than that. Anyone else is kind of a bonus, wherever they are or whoever they are.
Jerel squeezes Dick's fingers as they push through the door. Then he lets go, kind of reluctantly, to go slide into a comfy booth that's graced with morning light.

It's okay, I got a text saying there was suspicious activity on my account? So I diddle-daddled for an hour working up the courage to call, then when I did, the guy was very calm and understated so I became very calm and understated too. The bank caught it and texted me about it before the transaction was even approved. Pretty lucky, really.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

Mitz rolls his eyes. Yeah, Jerel, that's the actual reality. He was, he was attempting to make a joke. (YAY ANGST)

I'm sure his father isn't hurt at all by that statement, once he knows he's Snooze's father.
Dick has to take a breath to steady himself and not bounce and dance up to the counter. He can't help the smile that's on his face, though. He gets them a coffee and a croissant each and heads back to the table, still beaming.

Lucky as hell. Man. It is just all go in Nocland at the moment, huh? *blankets*
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 am

Well, Mitz's got all those people on his website to live vicariously through as well, doesn't he? That's why he likes to get such detailed reports from them on what they've hunted, Jerel grins. (/speaking of/ I saw one of those 'imagine your otp in this au' posts today and it was pretend dating, have we ever done a pretend-to-date au with anyone)

Well, the first thing Snooze would say is probably something like okay I know you have a lot of kids already and you won't want me around, that's okay, I don't need anything from you. Rich guys would have people claiming to be their kids all the time.
Jerel is kind of struck by the look on Dick's face as he comes back. He put that look there, he realises. Just by being a little affectionate, he made Dick look like that. Look so happy. He never really knew the power of affection.

and I would like it all to stop pls k thnk *hides under blankets* *leaves room for you*
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:38 am

Mitz shakes his head, laughing silently. He gets detailed reports because the point of the Library is /cataloguing/, not job hunting with a chatroom. It's just a feature. (oh man that's heartbreaking no matter how to slice it)

The only difference there is that Bruce remembers the night with Selina. And the proof would be found and it would be right in his hands. It wouldn't be a scam. And family is so, so, /so/ important to Bruce. Even if he's kind of terrible at it.
The smile warms up once he's back in Jerel's presence, too. Hey. He got them some French breads to soak up the hangover and coffee. (a friend just sent this with Dickie in mind http://positivedoodles.tumblr.com/post/98888189708/in-all-my-relationships-i-am-the-one-who-loves )

*snuggles* aw the Noc. It's okay, shit will calm down eventually. And you have the freedom to chill for a little bit now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:55 pm

Yeah, yeah, and that's the way Mitz likes it. That's the excuse. (all the pining and faking and miscommunicating)

Snooze would just offer to stay out of his way. He doesn't want money, or the jetset lifestyle. He doesn't need somewhere to stay. He'd like lunch, every so often. To get to know each other. He's trying to be adult about this even if all he wants to do is ask his dad to love him.
Jerel makes grabby hands in Dick's general direction, and shuffles over so Dick can sit in the sunlight with him. He is just full of appreciation right now, hot damn. (that is so incredibly Dick such a dick)

*yes snuggles yes* about twenty-five hours of chill time left :\\\ is going too fast
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Mitz, to his credit, very calmly shakes his head again. Whatever you want to believe, Jerel. (and seriously no matter the formationnnnn)

Bruce knows that if Dick were there he'd run over and hug the child. But Bruce would feel unable to do so, and he understands the need to feel like an adult at a young age when faced with difficult decisions. Lunch, he says, is what they will have. And dinner. If Snooze likes.
Dick laughs and puts the tray down. Alright, alright. He scoots in beside Jerel, closer than he needs to be, and starts pulling apart his own bread. (yuuuup and just remember that as he gets older he loses that ability~ you're welcome~)

Awww man I know time off never lasts as long as you want it to Sad
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:25 am

Jerel knows what to believe. And Mitz is a big voyeur.
(and there are so many ways it could happen -- prepare yourself --
Scenario 1: Mouse hates going to Oakes events alone, so she hires the town bad boy to be her boyfriend for the event, bribes him into giving her a bad reputation so her elderly relatives won't invite her anymore [cue Snooze cleaning himself up nicely, actually managing to hold a civil conversation with Mouse, getting along too well with Mitz, and getting Mouse invited to more events]
Scenario 2: Mouse says she'll give Mitz anything to come along and pretend to be her boyfriend at a family dinner, which gives lots of opportunities for pining Mitz to show off how good a boyfriend he could be -- but maybe someone else at the dinner, cough John, has brought along his nephew, and then there's /competition/ which Mitz tries to bow out of, of course, but Mouse looks hurt when he offers to break up with her in front of everyone so she can ask Snooze out
Scenario 3: Mitz is the one needing best friend moral support at a family dinner, and Mouse goes along as a best friend but finds herself getting waaaay too into it as the night goes on -- can't figure out a way to get Snooze invited to that one, maybe it's the verse where Romana is the neighbour
Scenario 4: Mitz is scared witless to go to a school dance where Thaey has promised to beat him the hell up, so he hires himself the protection of the only guy who might be able to intimidate Thaey (Mitz knows Mouse would like to but that would destroy her Ivy League ambitions to have a black mark on her permanent record like beating up another student), which of course leads to Snooze and Mouse being uuuuuber competitive on the dance floor
Scenario 5: Snooze is working at the archery range, maybe, or at his first apprenticeship as a chef, and there's this stupid Couples event, like a picnic in the park or something, to get to know your coworkers outside work, and he freaks because he wants to keep his job and he doesn't want anyone to think he's strange or pervy, coming single to a Couples picnic, so he hires the only girl he knows who hates his guts and couldn't possibly be any /more/ insulted than she already is by his presence alone when he asks her to be his fake girlfriend for an afternoon -- as for Mitz, maybe it's a catered event and he's picking up some work? He might have even finagled his way into the job when he found out Mouse and Snooze were going together
Scenario 6: Snooze is starting to get some awkward questions from Romana and John about when he's going to bring home a girlfriend, and then it's Romana's birthday coming up and they're organising a big do, and she says Snooze is free to invite someone if he wants, and he blurts out that he actually has a boyfriend because he doesn't want to disappoint her but also does Not want the Talk about Kids -- and he asks the quiet boy next door to come along and pretend to be his boyfriend, because he always feels kind of sorry for Mitz always eating take out in the dining room by himself or with only his brother -- and of course John brings James who brings Mouse, and you can barely separate Mitz and Mouse all night which leads to Romana having Ideas about Snooze being in a poly relationship and not wanting to tell her
then there's Dick and Jerel, or Damian and Colin, three of whom can operate under the 'oh my god my little brother has a boyfriend and I don't, I can't show up without one when /he's/ got one', and then there's Colin, who has literally one friend in the entire world he can rely on to help him out -- even, hopefully, please, with this silly kid's dance at the orphanage, it'll just be a couple of hours, it'll make the nuns happy...?
so all of that kind of ran away with me)

He /would/ like that. And... is there anything, something he would like Snooze to call him...?
Jerel lifts the croissant to his nose and takes a deep whiff of puff pastry. Yum. He presses his leg all up against Dick's and grins at him. Excellent choice. (nope nope nope nope nope he only falls out of love with himself let's be honest)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I totally forgot I have to go to the dentist tomorrow this is going to suck I have one filling for sure, like half my tooth has come out, and probably more uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh
and how are you
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:03 am

Mitz looks a bit insulted. He is /not/! (oh man I don't even know where to start I mean do I have to pick one holy shit)

Damian calls him 'father'. That is what he is, Snooze's father. If that's what Snooze would like to call him, then he's perfectly entitled. However, it's Snooze's choice.
Yess, Dick hisses happily. He totally won that little boyfriend test. Breakfast: check. (oh yeah no that's what I meant, he loses the ability to love himself)

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh I am so sorry that sucks so hard *more blankets*
I am siiiiiiick still so sick so I'm enjoying making Frank watch Divergent
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:10 am

Mitz has two lovers. He's got to be a /bit/ of a voyeur. (or you could pick ALL OF THEM and we could start a new thread for them???)

Snooze tests it out. Father. He likes the sound of it, he offers, kind of quietly.
There are tests? Man. Maybe that's how Jerel could never keep a girlfriend around for very long. (nope nope nope ope nope noe)

maybe if I hide under enough blankets they won't be able to find me for dentist or work tomorrow (oh god so much adult)
hella excellent choice
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 am

He's a /bit/ greedy. (oh man okay that sounds like a plan WAIT NO THAT STILL MEANS I HAVE TO PICK ONE you pick one)

Bruce smiles but doesn't. Yes. He likes the sound of that one, too. He's afraid he's not really a 'dad'.
Dick smiles and eats some croissant. Don't worry about it, Jerel's passing all of Dick's tests. (you're welcome)

my addition to that is ice cream so adult so responsible
it's pretty funny to watch his reactions to things because it's all so lame while being interesting
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:32 am

He never had much so now he wants a lot? Sounds just about right. (I will pick as many of them as possible, I'm just going to throw them all on a thread as separate paragraphs, respond to whichever Mitzes or other characters tickle your fancy)

Snoze smiles maybe a tiny bit. Perhaps Snooze will present him with a baseball and mitt for his birthday.
Jerel's going to have to come up with some tests, now, he says, mock seriously. He actually butters his croissant with one of the tiny package butters on the table before stuffing his face with it. (nuuuuuuuu refuse)

oh man yes actually we have triple-flavour ice cream in the house -- vanilla, strawberry and raspberry sorbet -- oh yes, after dentist and before work, oh yesssssss
I figured out what they cut out of the movie that was great in the books -- the characters in the books had personalities
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:45 am

Mitz groans. Don't put it like that, though. Christ. (Okay that sounds like a good plan yes perfect)

Bruce exhales, looking off to the side. He's more than sure that there's one or two of those things here. And lunch can always be had outside in the gardens. It's been known to happen.
Dick snorts at Jerel. Such charm, such grace. (yuuuuup)

BEST PLAN
That's true. There's a lot of the books that are weak and the movie picks up the slack, too. My main issue actually is the change in the test.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:48 am

Aw, but then they could make a song out of it. (here you go enjoy : http://raggedflagon.forum.net.bz/t154-rlverse-pretend-dating#33634 )

Snooze's smile gets much wider and more open, having not been shot down. That sounds like it would be... very nice. Yes.
Jerel wipes a buttery finger on Dick's cheek.

now all I have to do is get past the dentist
the first test? the aptitude test? That really threw me.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:01 am

Jerel would actually fucking do that, too. Wouldn't he? Just because he could. Make up a song. (oh man wow alright I am going to be mega annoying and not tackle that until I'm back home after yoga because I cannot face decisions right now XD)

Bruce nods, once. He'll let Alfred know. He enjoys tea outside as much as anyone else. Perhaps more. And Damian would like to have someone to share the inevitable boredom with.
/Ugh/, oh. Dick wipes his face, laughing. He'll get Jerel back for that.

It'll be fine. It'll suck and everything but it won't suck forever.
Honestly the aptitude test made much more sense in the books. I guess it might have been difficult to properly shoot it or translate it? But still a loss.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:10 am

He absolutely would. He can't sing for tuppence, but he'll do his bloody best to annoy the shit out of Mitz. (that is okay, I need to sleep)

Snooze feels like he has a thousand questions. He can hardly think of any of them right now, but he knows he has them, has wondered things, over the years. Damian might be alone in his boredom.
Bring it, bubblebutt, Jerel grins.

I basically put my first dentist's kids through college, I was there so often. :\
They managed to do the fear landscapes just fine. Maybe they thought it was too long and not action-y enough. I mean the bus thing was just Tris sitting there. But it would have been good to show the ones being ruled out. I've no idea how she ruled out Candor or Amity with just the movie stuff. I guess Amity by not taking the steak.
anyway as I said above, I need to sleep, this teeth thing is gonna be a bitch and then work after will be endless so one more reply
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:20 am

Fuck. Mitz /loves/ that Jerel is his brother. Fucking loves it. Dickhead. (sleeeep then words)

Damian will live with a little boredom during lunch, then.
Later, Dick promises. He has to come up with something really good.

*soothing noises* Poor Noc.
It doesn't make any sense at all to me, to be honest. It's a very nice looking scene and I didn't question it until I read the book.
Okaaaaaaaaaaay you need the sleeps
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:25 am

Jerel is going to give Mitz a noogie, he says, and then his arm is already around Mitz's shoulder. He can't resist, it's like he's being controlled. (many of the words)

Of course, whether either of them are willing to answer any questions he might come up with, is another matter entirely.
He could dump beach water down Jerel's back. But that would require probably a bucket? And Jerel doesn't have one of those in his car. Wait, Jerel shouldn't give him any ideas.

soon I will not be Poor Noc for a while, let's hope
It looks nice and when Tori says the result you could just be like 'oh okay sure', but reading the book makes you analyse it a bit more, because Tori does
I do, I dooooo, oh god Race Week starts this weekend oh god
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT have some very nice yoga~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 am

Mitz pushes against Jerel's arm but he's already given up. Jerel. Don't do it. It /sucks/.

It always depends on the questions, of course.
Dick laughs, loud and happy. He wasn't thinking of anything that mean.

Definite hope.
Exactement, ca.
*frantic soothing noises* *sea sounds* *tonal drones*
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT SO MUCH goodniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:35 am

Jerel presses his knuckles into Mitz's scalp, then abruptly changes course, and gently pats him. Over and over again.

Of course. Are there topics Snooze should steer clear of?
Then what are his thoughts? Or will it be one of those, when you least expect it, kind of things? Jerel wipes his hands off on a napkin and picks up his coffee, warming his hands. He leans into Dick at the same time, because he can do that, now.

mmmm sea sounds
I just woke up, you have the best timing
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content