[Snoozevamp] The Cage

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] The Cage

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:13 am

"We cannot control everything," Damian murmurs, unconsciously echoing words that Alfred has said to him gently when he tantrumed out of frustration in the past. "And why should I not protect you? Will you not protect me?" He pulls Colin back to look at his face--only partially because under all the filth and sadness, Colin still smells exactly how Damian remembers him and that is /killing/ him.

Tim, understanding right now the true meaning of 'awkward', busies himself at the main computer (and probably subtly taping this for further proof).
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:23 am

"With my life," Colin says fiercely. Then his face crumples. "But that's the problem. You shouldn't protect me, I'm /dangerous/. I'd never hurt you, but I hurt Alfred, Dami. I hurt /Alfred/." His hands shake as he tries to let go of Damian. He can't bring himself to push Damian away, or even actually let go, but he should, he knows he should.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Very calmly, Damian pulls Colin back into the hug with one arm. His other hand finds Colin's and rubs his knuckles. "You hurt him once," Damian says. "You lost control. If you think, for one moment, that Grayson has never lost control then you are being an idiot. If you think that even on your bad days that you are worse than some of the horror stories that I've heard of Todd..." Damian shakes his head. It just makes him mad to comfort Colin, now. They've all done things that classify them as dangerous. All of them. But everyone got spooked by Colin because of what he is, not what he did.

"You are not dangerous now," Damian eventually continues. "And if I'm the reason why you can fight your beast, then I will never leave your side again."

(I lied, you get Damian this morning after all~ <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Colin tucks himself into Damian's side. His eyes and face are wet and he gets Damian's shirt wet, too, trying to hide his face in it as Damian talks. He can't help but think that no matter how bad Dick or Jason might have lost control, they were never thrown down here to rot like this. He can't help but be a little bitter. He's not the same as he was.

"You should be free to live your own life," he says, so quietly, into Damian's shoulder. This isn't for Tim or for the surveillance. "You shouldn't have to be tied down to me. You're so brilliant, and, and ambitious, and you could do anything, anything in the world. I'll be like a rock tied around your feet."

(yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:05 am

"Perhaps," Damian allows. He is ambitious but he's learning, all to quickly, that he won't be accepted for anything other than whatever business doors open up to him for simply being family to Bruce Wayne. He certainly won't be accepted in the vampire community; he's a freak. And he's not human. Colin doesn't know all that, though. "But, if I were asked what I /wanted/ to do, it would be to stay by your side. You will have hold me back from anything. You have not before, you will not in the future."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:14 pm

Colin turns his head aside and presses his face into Damian's neck, breathing him in just for a moment -- a moment is all he'll allow himself. That warmth, that intimacy, it's not supposed to be his anymore. Then he lifts his head to look at Damian. "I want to be by your side, too. But you have to go back to school, don't you? I could... I guess I could come with you? If your father will pay for it," he adds, doubtfully and -- and kind of ashamed.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 am

Damian snorts derisively, but holds onto Colin a little tighter so that he knows the laugh wasn't at him. "I do not /need/ to go to school," Damian tells Colin. "Me leaving? That was an experiment of my father's. I do not need it, you know that. He knows that. I certainly do. I will not leave again."

Tim clicks his tongue, an easy way to get any of the family to pay attention to him without being too obtrusive. His eyes don't leave the screen in front of him. "Speaking of, Bruce is doing his rounds of the Manor now," he tells them. Warns them, really, but it's difficult to tell if Damian will see it like that. He rarely does. "He'll probably end up down here. I told him I was coming down."

(in case you wanted someone else to play with? Also more drama. ALL THE DRAMA)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Colin stiffens and forces himself a couple of times to breathe, shuddering. He clutches without thinking at Damian's shirt -- and when he /is/ thinking, he forces himself to breathe again and let go. "Are you going to lock me in again?" he asks, looking between Damian and Tim like a skittish animal.

Bruce can't patrol any more. He needs to sleep and eat. Days seem much longer than they were -- which they are, since he can now be asleep or awake whenever he wants, not dead from sun-up to sun-down. So he's tired, and upset, and hormonal as he walks the long, dark hallways of his home and tries to listen, tries to see.
But he's useless in that area, too. Tim said he'd be using the computer, so he has probably already swept the surveillance feeds. Still, Bruce can't sleep without securing the house. He heads towards the Cave.

(brooooooooooooooooose he can bring the drama since it's his long-time companion, best friend and former human servant who's /dying/)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

"If they lock it, they will lock me in as well," Damian tells Colin, looking over his head to stare the back of Tim's head down. Tim just frowns and sighs in response, giving the shot of Damian on the security feed a dirty look, even though he's a few feet from him. Tim hates being cast as this heartless, callous jailor but if that's what Damian wants then of course that's what Damian's going to get.

"He's at the door," Tim says, just before the Cave opens to let a hormonal and grumpy Bruce down.

(they will figure something out. After all, if Damian is master vampire enough to have an animal to call...)

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Colin is terrified as he looks between Tim and Damian and the upstairs door. It's going to look, right now, like he's holding Damian, has trapped Damian, inside the cage. That's his worry. He feels sick with it, and he's never felt more human in his life.

Bruce only gets about a third of the way down before he realises what's changed. He's still a little sensitive to magic; he knows when spells are around. He was expecting there to be a thick, inescapable pall of spells in the air. Instead, there's barely a hint.

He basically swoops down the stairs. "What is the meaning of this?"

(Makes a hell of a lot of sense, so long as Alfred wants it. It's Alfred's choice in the end.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:42 am

Damian lets go of Colin, but only to put himself between Colin and his father. He lifts his chin. "Colin was upset," he says simply, fully aware that Bruce won't care.

Tim opens his mouth to try to help the situation, but he can't visualise a clearly effective solution so he closes it again. Once he can actually help, he'll say something.

(I find it difficult to picture Alfred choosing to die and leave his weird, weird, weird family behind to fend for themselves.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Colin is not proud of the fact that he hides behind Damian like a particularly effective wall, but hide he does. Bruce is no longer a vampire -- no longer terrifyingly strong, or fast, and no longer can be put out that intimidating aura. But Colin is still wary. Bruce is powerful in other ways.

"That isn't Colin," Bruce says, slowly and clearly. "I'm not sure it ever was. Come out of there. Immediately."

(It depends how old he actually is, I suppose. I can't see him choosing it, no... but it might be a little bit of a relief.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:43 pm

"With all /due/ respect, 'father'," Damian sneers. "Make me."

Tim instantly turns around to make an 'oh shit' face and try to make himself as small as he can while he watches, again, from the surveillance.

(That is the saddest, no, I won't accept it)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Bruce's face goes completely flat. "I have given you extreme leniency in this situation, Damian," he says. It could be a warning, if his tone wasn't also completely flat. "You have been able and allowed to bring anything you like down here -- including the linens from my own bedroom." (Colin winces. He hadn't /known/, not outright, but he still knew.) "You are a teenager and you will rebel against authority. But there are limits."

To be honest, in his head, he's frantic. Three years living with them and Colin turned on Alfred at the drop of a hat. He wouldn't go for Damian, but Tim is right here in this room, and Bruce can't protect him anymore. He can't even protect himself.

But he also has no way to make Damian comply. Damian could let the beast out of the cage.

Bruce is, perhaps for the first time in a long time, scared.

(he has been around for a /very/ long time, and Bruce does not need him so much as he once did)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Damian flaps his hand to the ground, at the cage. "Ah, so you would like me to comply only when it comes to cruelty? Why didn't you say so," he says, in the same tone. He would never hurt Bruce, or let him come to harm. But he won't back down. And he isn't afraid of Bruce any longer. He sighs, and turns to Colin. He absently fixes Colin's wild hair. "There is no danger. If you would, for a moment, stop being so stubborn and unreasonable---"

"Okay, well," Tim says loudly. He's shaking with nerves and legitimate fright. This could go wrong really, reaaaally quickly. "Bruce, I really think it's okay for now. Colin, he's alright with Damian around. Kind of like--indulge me, sorry--kind of like a wild, called, animal around its master." He looks worried, and hopeful.

(no, but he would lose all of what's left of his humanity without Alfred, even with the others around.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Colin has to hold on to Damian's shirt again when Damian pushes his fingers into Colin's hair. That was always his thing, /their/ thing, the thing that could make Colin turn to mush in point three seconds flat. He doesn't rumble or purr, but his eyes close, he sways into Damian and it's a close thing.

Bruce is standing squarely between Tim and the cage -- in full-on hackles-up mode -- and he is within inches of snapping at Damian, losing all of the calm ground they've laid between them, when Tim speaks. It takes Bruce a moment to process what he's said. Then his analytical brain jumps into gear. "Surely not," he says, but he's already picking at the puzzle in his head.

(Alfred doubts that very much. Bruce has come a very long way.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Damian turns his head a little, not looking away from Colin at all but showing that he's aware of what's going on behind him. Trust /Drake/ to be able to snatch his father's attention and to be able to bumble annoyingly long enough to calm him, whereas any sense Damian talks is dismissed as teenage rebellion.

"I think so," Tim nods, a little more confident. He waves Bruce over to the computer. "I've compiled enough evidence to at least make this a valid theory. The change in Colin's behaviour is almost instantaneous when Damian returns. ...just from him being in the same building, Bruce," he adds quietly.

(Nope.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:46 pm

Colin drags his eyes open, and he watches out of the corner of his own eye as Bruce backs up, still facing Colin and the cage, to the computer. He doesn't turn his back on Colin for one moment. Colin wraps his arms around Damian and hugs him tightly. If this goes wrong, this could be the last time Colin ever gets to do this.

Bruce examines the footage, but he's seen it himself a dozen times before. He sighs. "And what if he simply sensed the return of the one person he could emotionally manipulate into opening the cage?" he poses to Tim, quietly. Of course, Damian and Colin would hear anything he said. But the tone implies the desire for privacy.

(Alfred has faith enough for the both of them.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Damian hugs Colin close, then turns them so he can watch Bruce and Tim properly now. He glares, disgusted at the thought that Colin--of all people!--would be that manipulative.

"Bruce," Tim says reasonably. "If that were the case, he could have messed with Dick. He's a much softer touch than Damian."

(He shouldn't.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:03 am

Bruce scowls. "Dick was the first one in the house to tell me that this might be a problem some day." Why would they have even had a cage in the Cave in the first place, if not for a -- problem -- like this? Bruce was always prepared.

Colin focuses on the hug. Damian, he knows, is not paying one hundred percent attention to him, but that's okay. Colin just needs to memorise this.

(And yet.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:15 am

"And he was the first person to voice concern over Colin's well-being," Tim points out without missing a beat. "I don't believe it was manipulation. Not even the most powerful of weres can sense emotions on that level, not without training, and Colin wasn't aware that Damian was returning. He's inexperienced, with no control of his own. I believe I'm right, Bruce." Tim looks at Bruce, for one of the first times meeting his eyes.

Damian definitely isn't paying 100% attention to Colin. He's too conflicted; hopeful, angry, helpless. Warm. So warm. He hasn't felt this warm since he left for school. It's distracting.

(Nope.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 am

Bruce stands up straight to meet Tim's eyes when he notices Tim looking at him. He grinds his teeth and taps the computer desk. "I need more than a theory. I need more than belief."

Almost without thinking, Colin starts to rub slow circles on Damian's back. It's a little thing, but he used to do it when Damian was tense all the time. It's like subconsciously telling Damian that Colin has his back.

(And yet he does.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:44 am

Tim lifts a shoulder. He wouldn't have been fazed by Bruce's frustration even when he /was/ a vampire. He's much more worried about Damian's ire at this point. "Teach Damian how to call Colin properly. If I'm right then you have your proof. If I'm wrong," Tim glances over at Damian and Colin, contrite but grim. "Then we'll know what to do."

Damian tightens his hold on Colin, crushingly possessive, and growls lowly. He's very aware that he could kill both his father and Drake in seconds and take Colin far, far away before any of his emergency funds are cut off entirely. He wishes he could believe in Drake's theory but, for the first time in a long time, he agrees with his father. It's unlikely.

(They are finished speaking about this.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:43 pm

Bruce exhales deeply. "It isn't something that can be properly taught," he grumbles -- though of course, grumbling on Bruce is more like snapping. "Especially not now." He grits his teeth. Becoming human again, though he relishes the chance to grow older, has put a wrench in so many plans. The least of which is tracking Damian's progress as /he/ grows older.

Then he turns on his heel and looks at Damian. "It won't hurt to try. But you will need to come out of there," he says. Very reluctantly, he adds, "Both of you."

Colin stiffens. He's been in this six-foot-by-six-foot space for months. He's a couple of hundred percent sure he's actually scared to come out. Especially with the fact that everyone but Damian wants him -- at the very least -- gone.

(For the moment.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:19 am

Damian runs his hands up and down Colin's arms, brief but gentle, trying to calm him down. This is progress. This is Bruce allowing Colin to step out of the cage. Even if Drake's theory is bullshit in the end, which is most likely, then they will have still proven that Colin is calm and safe around Damian. That he doesn't need the cage.

He drops his hands completely, one of them taking Colin's, and leads them out. "It is fine," he murmurs, walking with completely fake confidence.

Tim holds his breath. He's never wanted to be right about something so much in his whole life.

(Hnh.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 am

Colin follows Damian on light feet, almost tip-toeing. "What do you mean 'try'?" he asks, and it's really too quiet, now that Bruce is human. He clears his throat and asks again. "What's going to happen?"

Bruce watches both boys carefully. They are both at their very most human and emotional right now. He wonders if this will work, even if Tim is right. Damian and Colin are both -- untested territory. He waits until Damian has brought Colin closer, then he raises his chin. "We will conduct a series of testing, at various distances. Calling an animal is mostly a mental feat. Some have called it telepathy. You will need to let go of each other and move apart," he says, looking at their clutching hands pointedly.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:12 am

Without another word, Damian walks Colin to the other side of this landing of the cave, almost dragging him. He speaks quietly, enjoying the newfound privacy now that Bruce can't hear shit. "I do not trust my father entirely," he confides. "But I trust you, Colin. So even if this theory does not prove fruitful, we still have clear proof that you can control your beasts when someone who trusts you is around." He's quicker to trust psychology than fancy vampire magics, as much as he wants them.

Tim gets up to stand next to Bruce, watching Damian place Colin at the other side of the cave. "Every master vampire can just pick it up after one attempt?" he asks. He doesn't like stacked decks.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:30 am

Colin takes a couple of deep, deep breaths. He's pretty close to hyperventilating, and he feels like he's going to lose his mind the moment Damian lets go of him. He's very small and very frightened. "But that won't be enough, will it," he whispers. His eyes are wide and darting. "We need this to work."

"No," Bruce says. "I met a vampire once whose animal to call was mermaids and mermen. How would you ever know you had an animal to call if almost the entire species was extinct? And surely there must be master vampires whose animal to call actually is extinct. Thousands of species have gone extinct just in my lifetime. But put a cat in front of a master vampire whose animal to call is a cat, and they can call it. Every time." Unless the animal is a shifter alpha, in which case, the call can be blocked. But there is no way Colin would block Damian's call, Bruce is fairly confident.

(was Bruce's animal to call leopards? 'Cause of Dick?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 am

Tim makes a quiet noise in his throat, tilting his head. "That's...that honestly fascinating," he murmurs. He makes a mental note to look into things like extinct animals to call. Vampires hold their information so tightly, but there are ways to find out what he needs to. It's more fun if it's actually difficult, anyway.

Damian frowns slightly and lets go of Colin's hand only to place it on his arm. "Calm down," he suggests, demands, begs, then continues the conversation with a quick glance over his shoulder to his father and Drake. "It will be enough, but it will be better if this does work." He squeezes Colin's arm, so briefly, and steps back. He walks backwards for one or two steps, willing with his eyes if nothing else for Colin to trust him back, then turns on his heel to stand near his father.

"Ready for instruction," he states while standing at attention, old habits dying hard.

(I think it was bats, actually, and Dick was a born leopard. The Graysons died as a result of a hate group attack, I think? And Bruce just took him in.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:00 am

Bruce glances at Tim. "I feel rather less protective of vampiric secrets these days," he admits, seeing the light of fascination in his eyes. "You may -- try your luck -- every so often."

Colin is fixed on Damian as he backs up, as he walks away. He feels like a nutcase. He takes another deep breath, this one slower, focusing on both inhale and exhale. Then he looks at Bruce, too. "Ready," he says.

Bruce gestures. "Turn around, Colin."

Colin obeys, somewhat reluctantly.

Bruce then looks at Damian. "Wait for an amount of time of your choosing. Then think about Colin. Loudly. Tell him to walk a certain direction in your mind. Indicate to me, now, while he cannot see you, which direction that will be."

(oh, of course it would be bats, duh, Noc)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:48 pm

Damian feels like an idiot, like his father is setting him up to fail, but obeys. He closes his eyes and thinks about Colin. It's not difficult. He has been doing that, more or less, since they met. He wishes that he was allowed some blood before this started so that his senses could be properly heightened, but that wish disappears before long. Once he's actually thinking about Colin, he can zero in on his smell--even after months of living in a cage, mostly half-feral, he smells warm and real and so like a home Damian has always wanted but has never been to.

He thinks loudly, as his father instructed. He has no grasp on how longing that thought is as well. Longing for privacy, for freedom, for all this to work. For Colin to be safe.

Damian raises his left arm and thinks, over and over, Please just /guess/ correctly, please go this way, do it, you must.

(Tiny B calling swarms of bats to freak out his enemies, aw, awwww)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Colin stands where Damian put him, turned to face the walls of the Cave. He basically vibrates with nerves where he stands, straining to hear any kind of sound. He can hear Damian's heartbeat, but no other indications of when or where he should be listening for a sign.

A feeling of warm longing envelops him. Colin sways on his toes with the strength of it, with how /much/ he wants to wrap himself around Damian and never let go. It's been such a long time since he could do that; a long time even before he was in the cage, a long time since Damian started ignoring him in favour of Steph. But all of that fades in the taste of this longing, this /aching/ for Damian that sweeps over and through him, crashes down his spine.

But before he can break and turn and run to Damian, he just knows -- he /knows/ he must go left. He wants to go over there. He's moving before he can really think about why.

(for an adorable twist maybe it was just fruit bats at first and as he grew into his power he could call all bats, but they weren't vampire bats to begin with)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Damian opens his eyes, frustrated and ready to complain about the vagueness of his father's instructions, but sees Colin has moved. Silently, Damian looks to Bruce with wide eyes.

"Did I--" Damian starts to say, but Tim speaks at the same time.

"Did they--" he stops, gestures for Damian to go on. Damian glares daggers at him. There's no point in asking /now/. Bruce is hardly an idiot and can guess at what was being asked.

(oh my god yes tiny vamp baby Bruce and his fruit bats)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Bruce looks at Damian for a long moment, then at Colin. Then he makes a thoughtful noise. "That was an acceptable beginning," he confirms. "Of course, what we need is for one of you to be half the city away, so we can rule out sound and scent signals."

Colin half-turns, looking over his shoulder at the group of Waynes. "It worked? It really worked?"

(And when each new kid gets adopted by Bruce they always ask Alfred why there's so much fruit in the house and where it all goes and one night someone stumbles across Bruce, scowling and reading with a fruit bat on his shoulder and a tiny bowl of cut up kiwi fruit next to him)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Damian holds out his hand for Colin to take, to come over to him, and nods. "It worked enough to encourage my father to come up with a harder task, at least," he barely smirks. It drops when he looks to his father and Drake. "But it still does not make any amount of sense. I'm bloodless, more human than I've ever been, and do not have any power base."

Tim shrugs. "I have a few ideas, but nothing with any concrete proof," he says. "Most likely, you're just a freak of nature." He regrets saying that as soon as it's out of his mouth, but there's nothing he can do about it now.

Damian narrows his eyes. "Is it not enough that you have to be right all the time, but you also have to remind me that I am not welcome at /every/ turn?"

(Tiny Dick alone in the giant house with a vampire who looks like he's his own age, wandering the halls and picking up pieces of fruit as he goes because he's always hungry. And then stumbling across Bruce who gets angry, that fruit is not for Dick, doesn't he have any manners. And Dick running and hiding under furniture for an embarrassingly long amount of time because he just wants his mom and how was he supposed to know about the fruit.)
(I'm going to bugger off soon! Breakfast and such. I may return!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Colin races to Damian, pleased as punch that it worked! And as soon as Tim opens his mouth all that pleasure at what they had achieved is dead and gone, because really, what they /both/ needed to be reminded of right now was that the only reason this worked was because they're freaks.

Bruce immediately steps between Tim and Damian, holding up flat palms to each. When he looks at Tim, he is disappointed; when he looks at Damian, he is sympathetic, but Damian probably won't recognise it as such. Bruce, too, has been called a freak of nature more times than he can count. "Stop. Immediately. We have rather larger issues to deal with than your hormonal rivalry."

Colin scowls. It's bigger than just some /rivalry/.

(Dick of course running away and shifting and hiding under furniture as a tiny spotty kitten. Alfred will very quickly learn how much a shifter eats and compensate. Maybe encourage Dick to have his own secret stashes of food.)
(I will probably not be here, I have thirteen minutes to sleep before Santa. No, but in reality, I am pretty tired, heh! ENJOY YOUR BREAKFAST)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:45 am

"I didn't mean--" Tim starts, but gives up. There's no point. Bruce may be human now, but is disappointed looks are still enough to stop Tim in his tracks.

"Tt," Damian replies, sulkily taking Colin's hand. He looks to his side, to Colin, and asks with his eyes for Colin to be calm. It's fine. It's what they always do. It doesn't matter.

(yesssss cute)
(I ENJOYED THE MAKE UP MORE there will be fancy Christmas makeup pictures, wow <333 HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS again AND I WILL SEE YOU LATER~ <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:52 am

Colin twists his fingers with Damian's and leans into him, lending him strength. Someday Tim will grow up, he wants to assure Damian. He will, later, when they're alone.

Bruce hates having to use the disappointed looks on Tim -- Tim earns them so rarely. But this is one surefire way to do it. When Damian starts it, he gets the disappointed looks, which is most of the time. Bruce is especially disappointed when Tim is the one who is thoughtless. He knows Tim can be so much better than that.

"Tim," he says. "How quickly do you think you could contain... Colin... if something were to go wrong? If we were to conduct a more long-distance test, then Colin would need an escort as he moves to Damian's location." I don't trust him out on his own, he doesn't say. He doesn't need to. Everyone here knows it.

(Bruce will eventually sulkily apologise. But not with words. Probably by contributing to Dick's stashes.)
(best-timed post ever yessss have a very galactic christmasssssss~~ &hearts;!!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:16 am

Tim opens and closes his mouth a few times, doing quick calculations. "I... I don't think I could do it very quickly by myself," he admits. "But if I had someone else to help...?" There are a few people who could give him a hand, and they would be trustworthy. Steph alone is a wonderful focus.

Damian simply strokes Colin's fingers, deep in thought. He knows that Drake has Stephanie in mind when he speaks of getting help. Damian's not sure if that would help Colin's calm. He's well aware that he did--damage.

(But of course. Otherwise it would make too much sense.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Bruce, as well, knows that Tim means Stephanie. He's used her as an anchor before. She's a normal human, but special, all the same -- perhaps made special by the emotional bond she shares with Tim. But perhaps also special just on her own. He nods slowly. "Whatever you need. This must be tested." He glances at Damian and Colin, and his gaze hardens as he looks at Colin. "If only to know the extent of Damian's capabilities."

Colin is the only one who doesn't know Tim means Steph. It's true that when he finds out, he might react badly. She seems nice enough on her own, but he doesn't like the way Damian and Steph act around each other -- Damian trying to impress, and Steph needling at his insecurities. Or that's what it seems like to Colin.

He sighs gently at Damian stroking his fingers. It's such an absent-minded affection. He loves it.

(Yeah, Bruce doesn't do sense.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:21 am

"No need to make anything complicated," Damian sniffs. He doesn't want Stephanie brought into this. It's hard enough as it is and though he knows that Colin will have to interact with Stephanie again someday, it doesn't have to happen now. "I will go upstairs. Colin will stay here. Drake will follow him. It is far enough to prove what you need to prove."

Tim hums. Does he want to be left with Colin, who knows how much Damian hates him? "Will that work, really?"

Damian huffs through his nose. "The end of the gardens, then. We needn't leave the grounds."

(He certainly Does Not.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:02 pm

Bruce stretches his shoulders, trying to work out the tension, but it's a hopeless cause. "That will not work." He shakes his head. "Colin has excellent hearing. Damian, you may need to go further even than the end of the gardens, until there is no way that he can possibly hear a signal from you. Until we may be sure that the calling is entirely telepathic. And we must needs have proper precautions in place."

Colin is starting to breathe harder again, at the thought of what 'proper precautions' might mean. Chains -- being knocked unconscious -- pain -- he steps into Damian's side, basically hiding behind him. It's been a while since he's been this terrified, and still felt so human.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Damian narrows his eyes, ready to complain, but notices Colin's emotional shift before he continues. "I will not let them harm you," Damian tells him, quietly. Just for them.

Tim cocks his head, both at Bruce's insistence and Colin's reactions. He's seen Colin scared before and it looks like this--for about five seconds and then he rips apart everything in the cage or near the cage as he goes more feral. "Bruce...?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Bruce is tense. He, too, recognises the physical signs that Colin is about to burst. The first few days in the cage, he was constantly on the edge, upset, raging, lashing out at anyone who came close. In this state, Colin would break his own bones throwing himself at the bars of the cage.

But he holds a hand out, motioning for Tim to wait. Just wait. This is almost as good a test as calling. Damian is currently exuding the raw power of a master vampire protecting his thrall from a threat. The air is heavy with intimidation. Damian is the strongest supernatural thing in this room right now, whether he knows it or not. He is controlling the situation.

Colin clutches at the arm of Damian's jacket, focusing on Damian's own steady breathing to bring his own in line -- in, and hold, and out, and in, and hold, and out. It takes long, long moments for him to get the hyperventilation under control, and for him to loosen his grip on Damian's clothes. "I know," he finally manages to say. "I trust you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:56 am

Tim rolls his shoulders, not wanting to follow Bruce's silent order but even with a few short years of obedience under his belt he finds it hard to disobey. The problem is, the problem will always be, that he trusts Bruce without question--even in the face of clear danger. Sometimes because of the danger. Bruce is better at assessing situations than Tim is.

Then again, he could just be on edge because Damian's flooding the room with bravado.

Damian ignores both of them, his whole world is Colin and his words. He bows his head just slightly as years-old tension eases away. "Thank you," he says. He didn't think he was worth Colin's trust any longer, but he wanted it back fiercely.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down