[Snoozevamp] The Cage

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] The Cage

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 am

Colin snickers. "That, I think, is a pretty decent opinion. I wouldn't think there's even any spam in this house. I'm pretty sure I'd smell it."
That's surely a part of it. A bigger part than Bruce would admit.
Jerel frowns. "You really shouldn't. But I think," he admits, "I can hold you up. Not through the whole hospital, but to the door, sure."

I'll go brush my teeth and change into even comfier clothes and reply after that like a sleepytime reply
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 am

"When Pennyworth is better, I think that we should hide some spam in the kitchen," Damian says with a mischievous smirk. "It would upset him greatly to think that the quality of food has dropped so much."
There's a lot of stuff that Bruce won't admit to when it comes to the boys.
"I'll be fine," Dick insists, even though he's not sure if he will be. He just doesn't want to be /too/ weak right now, not in front of his Guide, not so soon after starting to bond.

Fair enough! I'm going to go shower. I wish you good sleeps, the Noc, and I hope you feel better on the morrow~ <333
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:52 am

Colin feels only a brief flare of upset at the mention of Alfred's weakness and sickness -- his fault, his fault -- before pushing it away and returning Damian's mischievous grin. "And some microwave meals. Right? Just as bad."
At least he can candidly admit he wasn't attracted to anyone. That's one thing he probably won't admit because it's weird to just throw out there, but he /can/ admit it if prodded.
"I just don't want you to hurt yourself," Jerel tells him, chewing on his lip for a split second. "And I definitely don't want to hurt you." He feels sick just at the thought. What if he /drops/ Dick?

HAVE EXCELLENT SHOWERING and good niiiiiiiiiiiiiight, good night and have a lovely rest of your day~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:56 am

"Oh, perfect," Damian praises fiercely. "And the mortification on father's face..! I can see it right now."
I don't think anyone but tabloids would be asking the question, anyway.
"I won't be hurt," Dick reassures Jerel, casual and cocky. He's almost sure he's telling the truth, too. He'll be /fine/.

oh man my parents redecorated in my old room and it's amazing so comf
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 am

Colin snickers. "Man, that's fantastic. Maybe make a half-eaten spam sandwich and leave it wrapped up in the fridge." It's such a good joke because it doesn't hurt anybody.
Bruce does not feel the need to answer any of those questions. That's for sure.
"Okay, if you're sure," Jerel says. That just means he'll keep an even tighter grip on Dick, but he's prepared to mildly accept Dick's reassurances and just work around it. Gotta make sure the patient feels confident.

same bed tho right, that bed is like a miracle
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 am

"Ah, there's the rub," Damian waggles his finger. "That means someone has to eat spam. I'm not sure Titus could be convinced, at this stage. And surely your taste buds have grown out of that by now."
Attaboy, Brucie.
Dick nods and starts moving off the bed. He is fine, mostly. Just a little atrophy and really, just a /little/. His muscles are just not used to anything and will spasm without much provocation. Dick just hopes he doesn't zone. He doesn't want to upset Jerel.

same bed, more pillows Very Happy
I am not really here! I have to sleep like an hour ago~ I might be able to get another sweep in.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:18 am

"Well that's for sure," Colin agrees. He taps his chin. "Okay, well, what if we artistically cut it to make it /look/ like it's been eaten?"
He won't even feel the need to defend them after he and Jason /do/ eventually bond, and all the tabloids assume he paedophilically groomed Jason for it all along.
Jerel comes in close and slips his shoulder under Dick's. "Lean on me if you have to," he murmurs, fully expecting Dick to have to.

mmmm pillowwwwws I am always in favour of more pillows, my mum has had to drag me out of the pillow section in stores
awwww okaaaaaaaaaaay well I guess we certainly are on alternating schedules
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:22 am

"That is much more like it," Damian smirks. "I enjoy it when you plot."
Only after they get tired of running a million and one different theories about why Jason Todd faked his own death.
"I'll be fine," Dick repeats, but does end up leaning into Jerel. He might not even have to straight away, but he wants to.

hell yes, pillows are the bomb. There are so many pillows that I had to /take some off/ like some kind of animal
Yep :[ I blame responsibilities and daylight saving. Anywhoozle. it is time for sleeps and the sleeps time is now. GOODNIGHT THE NOC I hope the rest of your day is enjoyable~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am

"Together we've got pretty devious minds," Colin teases. "I like it, too. It's /fun/."
I daresay the prevailing story will become that someone else faked Jason's death and stole him away, and Jason finally broke free some time later and came home. Not /too/ far from the truth. Enough that if Jason slips up in public no one will blink.
Jerel can't help himself; he spends a decent minute nuzzling Dick in the guise of balancing them out.

that's /crazy/ you can't even just kick them around your feet?
our clocks fall back this weekend (the only way I can remember the change is Fall Back and Spring Forward even though we don't call it fall) so hopefully we get a /tiny/ bit more aligned at least after that
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT I hope you sleep very well amongst your many pillows and redecorated room~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:13 am

Damian smiles at Colin and walks close enough that their shoulders touch, still holding his hand. He likes that Colin still feels the urge to touch likes this. It makes it easy for him to forget that they're only friends. "Plotting and scheming is a noble hobby."
Jason'll make up all kinds of things and have fun doing it. I think his favorite would be that he joined a cult.
Dick patiently, happily, waits for Jerel to realise that Dick's standing just fine for now.

there are too many pillows at my feet
we went forward the other day so everything should level out soon. Sorry about not getting online this morning, I woke up and couldn't really move and then I slept until 2.
so sick
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 am

"We don't get too many opportunities these days," Colin says. He likes the shoulder touching. It makes him feel warm, even in his already superheated shifter state. "Everyone's always so busy."
Does he make up a different story for everyone who asks the question?
Jerel finally leads Dick towards the door, shuffling more than walking, so that they're moving slow and together. When they're at the door, he opens it just a crack, keeping himself between Dick and the door so no surprising smells waft in. He speaks through the crack and closes the door before he gets a reply, hoping that someone heard him.

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
That is totally okay, I had to work and I was pretty useless afterwards, I may not have been able to reply even if you had, it all worked out
bleeeeeerg
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:30 am

"We needn't bother with everyone else," Damian sniffs. "Unless, of course, we're training or studying or anything like that. They stay out of our way, we stay out of theirs. This is the most peaceful the Manor has been since I arrived."
Oh my yes. He would get a kick out of it like nothing else.
Walking isn't that bad, but Dick is almost sure that has everything to do with being able to lean into Jerel. He's stronger than he thought his Guide would be--not that he was expecting anyone weak and frail. But he's used to being strong in a lithe way. He's glad to see that Jerel is well-built, that Dick doesn't have to worry about him getting hurt too easily. "Think that'll do it?"

so many
*soothing noises* *blankets* *soup* *sign telling the rest of the world to fuck off*
bleeeeerg indeed. I'm heading to sleep, I just needed to type and type for a while for Camp NaNo. Here is my favorite line so far: "Even when there were people so talented in magic that they could create creatures made of pure light, London was there to make you feel damp and apathetic."
GOODNIGHT THE NOC I hope you have a good daaaaaaay~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:30 am

"Everyone's got their own projects," Colin agrees. "And the Manor's so big, it's not like anyone really needs to see each other. I just meant, plotting and scheming is more fun if we do it together, rather than against each other."
That'd be hilarious. Reporters arguing about what he's said, that'd be great fun.
"I think so," Jerel says, hugging Dick close and pleased that Dick is moving relatively well for someone who's been in bed for days, if not weeks. "Nurses on this ward are used to listening for even slight disturbances."

NEVER TOO MANYYYYYYYY
you have everything planned out I am impressed
man that is so true isn't it, London is a special place like that. Mine is a bit of imagery near the start: referring to someone standing in a jungle-themed whirlwind, "Vines and snakes whipped through her dark hair." That's a pretty image.
have you seen the rvb premiere yet oh my god
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT good luck with your type type typing and SLEEP WELL~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:07 am

"I like to pride myself on the ability to plot whenever I need to," Damian says slowly, like he's admitting some dark secret. "But I do not think I would be capable of plotting /against/ you." Anyone else in the family, certainly. Even his father. Even Grayson, if Damian had to. But not Colin.
Jason would get SUCH a kick out of it, oh my god. And Dick would try to be responsible for a really short lived second and then he's start egging Jason on like "Oh oh oh tell them that you thought you were a chicken for seven years and you were actually lost in the woods out by Wayne Manor, betcha can't get them to buy /that/."
Dick is pretending. He's good at it. It's not like he's in pain, either, which helps--he's just weak. "If you say so," he replies, realising that he actually doesn't know where he is, or what the hospital is like or anything. Reasoning it out, he's obviously in the Sentinel/Guide hospital in Metropolis or the one in Star City, but he's never been in either before.

HOLY SHIT NOC YOU ARE A WORD TORNADO
baby draaaaaaaaaaaagonsssss
Mitz is so smug like I told yoooooou I told yooooooou we were riiiiiiiight about Snooze and oh my god he would be BURSTING with pride (and resignation) at Selly impressing the gold and Doctor, that is not how a gentleman tells his lover he wants a kiss and holy shit YOU WROTE SO MUCH ON TOP OF THAT 12k holy shit
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:33 pm

"I would say that's a relief," Colin tells him, "but I think I already knew that. So it's not a relief, it's just -- hearing you say it out loud confirms it. It's nice."
I bet Dick would start making a collage of all the best tabloid stories, and he'd give it to Jason as a present.
(I think we talked about Jerel being in Gotham, but we can always retcon that! If Dick's in hospital in Metropolis I'm sure Bruce is staying in town.) Jerel probably knows Dick's pretending, since he's been at this a while and right now he's got a better advantage than he does with most Sentinels -- a direct-line access to Dick's emotions that flares at every point of touch. "I do say so," he teases. And at that moment someone knocked gently on the door. (it's only a notice that they've left the wheelchair, no one actually wants to come in)

today I smashed the 20k barrier like it was tissue paper what even /is/ this story what the frick frack snickle snack diddly trap is going on here
I cannot wait to get my hands on smug proud Mitz this is going to be fun -- and we only got to see the best moment of the conversation, the Master was working the Doctor up for some time to get to that kiss, it was basically the Doctor's way of telling him he's not stealing anything
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:28 am

Damian doesn't know what to say to that without sounding a little lost of desperate. He's silent for a while, actually, trying to find something amicable and neutral to say. "...I'm glad that you're pleased," he eventually settles on.
He could fill several scrapbooks. And he will.
(I completely forgot that, but I think it would be kind of better that Dick's away from home and Jerel's closer to his comfort zone. Generally speaking, Jerel and Mitz come from Central City which is really close to Star City.) Dick growls lowly before he knows what he's doing, pulling Jerel from his side to stand behind Dick. No-one comes in, but that doesn't matter in the slightest.

it's because you're Batman, you've always been Batman
Oh Doctor, what a romantic. ZEYROTH YOU LITTLE ANGEL oh man tiny snooze eating all the pies i bet he was roly poly. MITZ IS EXTRA SMUG NOW
I am not here, I need to sleep so hard, I hate work, I hate it so much. I had to fill out forms tonight because the other person in placement with me had a seizure over the weekend so they're really freaked out and realised they didn't have any emergency contacts for either of us, so I spent my night filling out application forms and employee details. It's possible that we'll be properly employed after this, though? So there's that. But I hate it. my everything hurts /whine
GOODNIGHT THE NOC I hope you are weeeeeeeeeeell~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:38 am

Colin knocks his shoulder with Damian's and squeezes his hand. "I couldn't ever plot against you, either," he says, quietly.
With glitter hearts and sassy comments, too, I'm sure.
(That works!) Jerel curls one arm loose around Dick's waist, unable to deny that that growl was pretty freaking hot. "It's okay," he soothes.

I'M BATMAN I'M THE PROTECTOR THIS CITY DESERVES?
the doctor hopes he can lure the master into spending one night at the weyr at least. Zeyroth is so curious about everything I love it, also of /course/ little Snooze always crept away to steadily make his way through the kitchens. Snooze is missing J'mitz something /fierce/ right now he wishes J'mitz had been there with him.
work is so dumb, I guess it's good to have proper employment but it's like a freaking ball and chain, pbbbbbt
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT sleep weeeeeeeeeell~ &hearts;!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:14 am

Damian knows that. But he feels warmed to his toes at Colin saying that and meaning it. So many of his sparring mates when he was a child would say that to him and be lying. It was part of his initial training. "Thank you, Colin," Damian says as warmly as he can manage.
The glitter glue pens would come out straight away, you are right.
Dick shakes his head 'no', then shakes it again to clear his thoughts. "Nn," he rumbles. "Sorry. They're gone now, but--they got too close. You were...too close to the door. I'm not fast enough right now, they could have reached you. They could have hurt you. And I, I wouldn't have been able to do anything quickly enough." Dick frowns hard while he vocalises his instincts.

HECK YEAH
Tremas will no doubt stay. There's no taking Selly back now, obviously, but he's so fatherly in this verse that he won't be able to just turn up and then leave without being proud (even if he is sad and betrayed and angry). And J'mitz was smug, man, but inside he is SO MUCH WORSE than what he's showing, holy shit, him and Lirth are just stroking each other's egos like you would not believe.
I got sent home today because I was too sick
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Damian can manage it very warmly indeed, at least to Colin's ears. Colin can't help but spin around and pull Damian into a hug. He's been dying to do it all day, and for weeks. Years, it feels like.
Dick probably has an excellent sense of style when it comes to scrapbooking. I wonder if he has a kit? He probably goes out and buys one for the project but then secretly keeps it.
Jerel lifts his hand and runs his thumb under Dick's jaw. "You could protect me," he says, absolutely sure of it. "Been in bed for weeks and you moved me like a leaf."

passed 36500 before work, I'm still hoping to get some more done tonight
oh man that thing you wrote about Mitz was absolutely lovely, I loved hearing about what Mitz's day would have been like, he's such a precious baaaaaaaaaaaaaby. I think in Freo's original Mitz was brought to the Weyr as a kid and went through a few Hatchings before he found Lirth, but it's possible he went through those Hatchings as like an honorary thing because D'tor thought he wasn't old enough and this was the first one D'tor and A'ric said he really should stand properly and Mitz tried to fight them, haa yessssss
D'tor is totally going to love having Tremas in his Weyr for almost the first time ever, oh gosh. I think in my head Mitz was basically dancing as he tried to hold back the urge to tell Snooze 'I told you sooo', heh. Darling.
oh dear that's sucky as hell I'm sorry *blankets and tea and soup*
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Damian hugs back and instantly finds his face tucked into Colin's neck. Something eases inside him. This hug will set him right for a while. He won't /need/ another for some time. He just needs to commit the feeling to memory, updating his faded ones.
Shh, it's his secret shame. The secret shame that he's pretty fucking proud of because it embarrasses the hell out of his little brothers and makes them groan at him.
Dick frowns harder, now worried. "Are you alright?" Jerel made it sound like Dick could easily hurt Jerel. That's another thing that he hadn't thought of and makes him want to get sick.

oh my god, I'm like at nearly 4k and that's counting the Pernwords.
Eh, I figured I would get more than a couple things wrong XD But I wanted to poke at a tiny Mitz and Lirth, with Lirth's confident reassurance from the start. I am glad you liked it!
Tremas will not stay in D'tor's weyr unless there's a fight about it and Tremas feels like he won. But D'tor probably knows this. and oh man that is exactly it, he's holding back from saying "SEE?" all the time now.
It's okaaaaaaaaay. I got like five hours of work in before my manager just told me to head home. I hope work was okay for you, it sucks that you had to go in :[
I have to go now and head into town before everyone starts arriving here. I have to do ALL THE THINGS in one day and the town is probably absolutely mental, too. Sigh. Religious holidays in a religious country is just so weird. SEE YOU LATER and happy writing~ <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Colin feels the urge to stroke Damian's hair and he gives into it, one arm warm around Damian and the other soft in his hair. He tucks his own face against Damian and breathes in the smell of him. It's such a unique smell.
You know what I bet he could rope Steph into helping him.
"Of course I am," Jerel assures him. "You didn't move me anywhere I didn't want to be moved." He rubs along Dick's jaw and hugs him. He already had his arms around and under Dick supporting him. A hug was easy.

4k is still really bloody good, 7/12 of my cabin have 0 and the others all have ~1500
TINY CONFIDENT LIRTH IS THE /BEST/ you know what I think a dragon is like half it's rider's personality
D'tor probably has a very cunning plan to draw Tremas in with arguments and wine. Mitz being all SEE SEE I WAS RIGHT I WAS FUCKING RIGHT is hilarious, he often does have a thing about being right, doesn't he
I hope you got some good tips, it's okay, I was rostered on, I knew I had to go, I just really was in the writing mood, it sucks that that got interrupted :\
GOOD LUCK don't be too overrun by adherents~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Damian feels, for a moment, complete. It's serene. He packs that away for later too. "Come," he says eventually, moving but not too far away. "We should eat."
There will be little roping and more Steph turning up with craft paper all like I HERD U LIEK SCRAPBOOKS
Dick closes his eyes. "I'm not usually like this," he says and he doesn't mean the protectiveness. /That's/ always been part of him. But he's not usually this easily worried.

Yeah a lot of my cabinmates are behind as well so I'm feeling pretty good. If you want you could join ours. It's Trix and Lyn and two other people I don't really know, but everyone is very supportive of our low wordcounts XD
I don't know what I think. I think, like, the way you and Freo write it? The dragons are like a compliment to a rider's personality. They could be similar or opposites, but they compliment each other.
D'tor is cunning like a...wherry? MITZ JUST LIKES BEING RIGHT being right is very important to Stillhavens, and kind of a little more so for Mitz because people only rarely actually listen to him. Snooze and Mouse do, sometimes, and maybe the Doctor. But literally no-one else listens to him the first time.
I have no idea what my tips were like because I left before they were counted out, but they'll be waiting for me on Tuesday. And, yeah, at least you weren't blindsided with the shift.
uggggggh town was crazy but then I spent the whole day with friends and music and hot-tubs wooooooooo (I am not here for long, breakfast is at 11)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Colin loosens his hold on Damian only reluctantly. "Yeah, okay. Burgers? Burgers! Let's go." He's excited and cheerful at the thought of food, as always, but after that hug he's a little off balance.
I bet she has pattern scissors.
"Usually, I bet, you've had some food and sunshine," Jerel points out.

I'm not so sure about this whole cabin thing, it's the first time I've done Camp? I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't one single other person constantly updating us on her character name struggles and steamrolling over whatever anyone else tries to say.
D'tor is about as cunning and manipulative as a rock, but Tremas is devastatingly attracted to him anyway. it's okay Mitz you managed to make the next weyrleaders fall in love with you, you done good
it is 11:28 now /future Very Happy
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Damian catches Colin's hand before the moment is gone. "Would you like me to put little onions in with the meat? Or perhaps mushrooms. I think I should try new things, even if I am cooking American cuisine."
You better believe it buster.
As if on cue, Dick's stomach rumbles loudly. He frowns with his eyes still closed. "Don't know what you're talking about," he mutters sarcastically.

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaah after my first cabin I didn't bother with it again. They've even made it easier to talk to people now but I just wasn't into it unless I knew at least a couple of people there.
Devastating is the right word. That's why he has to spend all his time very far away with no easy way of travelling to D'tor, and a nice big fat emotional reason to maybe hate him and everything he stands for. And Mitz hasn't managed anything of the sort yet. He can barely talk to Selly and, since he really subscribes to the idea that some riders are just better and more important automatically, he's sure Snooze will grow away from him now.
WITCHCRAFT
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Colin squeezes Damian's hand. "That," he says bluntly, "sounds absolutely incredible. I hadn't even thought of that. Oh my god."
awwwww she so badass
Jerel nuzzles his face because he can't help himself. "I think that's a sign. Let's go get you fed."

I thought it would be a good way to meet new people who were interested in talking about writing. Nope.
D'tor is going to slowly chip away at Tremas' resistance, even if it takes the rest of their lives. Once D'tor is no longer the Weyrleader he'll have lots more time for visits. and Mitz you are very wrong Snooze is already kind of hopeless for you and he'll be upset if you distance yourself at all
moooooooahahahahahahahaha
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:58 pm

Damian laughs. "I am very pleased that the idea has you interested," he says honestly, happily. "I just hope that I don't mess it up completely."
/she really is/
Dick nods, then grips Jerel tightly again. Just a mild and quick wave of panic that this will all stop being real once they leave the room. Then he nods again. "Let's do this. I guess I could eat," he jokes lightly.

I think that it could be really great but I also think that a lot of people are nervous about interacting too much or too little, so they just stop. And then there are the teenagers and perpetual teenagers who believe that their input is the only one that matters.
Oh great then Tremas won't be rid of him, fantastic. And Mitz won't distance himself any more than usual, since he'll be busy as fuck, but he'll always be pleasantly but obviously surprised that Snooze still wants to spend time with him. He's just Mitz. He's just a blue rider. And can you imagine, too, that night him sitting down and knowing that Snooze hasn't realised that Zeyroth is bronze and Otheth gold, hasn't connected those dots.
*fistshake*
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:05 pm

"Oh, if you cook it all together, it'll be /great/," Colin enthuses. "The smell of cooking onion and garlic is like nothing else in the world. It hangs around, too, though. Are you prepared to smell like onion for the rest of the day?" he teases.
Jerel leans into the tight grip like Dick is a magnet and he's a metal shaving. "You've got a doctor for a Guide now. You're going to be eating /so well/," Jerel assures him.

yeah we've definitely got one of those, it's like look I know naming Russian characters is difficult but really there are whole essays on how to name them, stop complaining and go read
Of course Tremas won't be rid of him, well, not unless he kills him, and D'tor is 100% certain Tremas never would because, really, D'tor is one of the things Tremas loves. It'll take a bunch of time for Snooze to connect those dots, but I'm sure Selly was keeping a careful eye on the bronzes and who they went to as well as Otheth during the Hatching.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:12 pm

"Will it make you hungry for all the time that you're near me?" Damian means for it to be teasing back, but it actually comes out a little flirty. Damn it all.
"Wow, gorgeous," Dick breathes a laugh. "You're going to be shocked when you see how they feed me. This is not the norm, I promise. I'm looked after. We'll be looked after. ...if you want to come home with me."

poor baby, writing is not being easy
Tremas will not kill D'tor. He may wound him, and they both may like it a little, but he will do everything in his power to keep D'tor from being killed.
I tell you, Mitz's heart--won't /break/. It'll just, sort of, have an 'oh' moment. There are other bronze riders, he knows. But that doesn't stop anything.
one more sweep!
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Colin responds to the flirting without meaning to, even though it's been years. The hug still has him off balance. "You're much better than a burger," he says, grinning.
"If? If?" Jerel echoes. He takes Dick's face in his hands and looks him in the eyes, searching his face with his own pulse of panic. "Don't you want me to come home with you?"

yeah but according to their word count there is no writing going on, the stupid name must be like their first word or something
D'tor is glad to hear it. Really glad. He's always been sure that Tremas doesn't want to kill him, but it's still good to hear it, after so many fights and years spent apart.
'these two people I really really like are destined for each other, god /damn/ it'
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:29 pm

Damian does blush, but only faintly. He tries not to show that he noticed anything. "I should hope so," he says primly, hopefully in an amusing enough way.
"Shhh," Dick soothes easily, even relaxing a little as he puts his hands over Jerel's. His skin still feels so good. Dick wonders if that will ever stop being a thing. "That's not what I said. It's alright. I'm not leaving your side. But you don't have to come home with me. I could go with you."

Ah, see, they might just be looking for an excuse to procrastinate. They're not NaNoing, they're trying to write perfectly as soon as they put words down.
Oh don't be so sentimental, D'tor.
Pretty much, yeah. 'oh okay those two people who I adore, they're going to be a power couple and I guess I'll be here'. It's the saddest kind of resigned disappointment.
sorryyyyyyy things are happening tomorrow and even though they will be fun I kind of hope they weren't happening at all. okay GOODNIGHT THE NOC I hope you had a nice Easter and now I am going to sleep the sleep of the exhausted <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:54 pm

Colin grins at him and pulls him along towards the kitchen. "Who would know better than someone with a super nose?"
"Oh." Jerel sighs with relief. "Well, yeah, you could. I do have a house," he says, though he's barely ever there. "But Sentinels usually have territory," he adds. He's pretty sure Dick must have his own territory, since he's so developed as a Sentinel.

their profile says they've done it every year for six years, I am suspicious
He can't help it, he got to see Tremas in the Weyr.
baaaaaaaaaaaaeb Mitz you are the glue that sticks them all together have no fear
chocolate is divine even if socialness is not oh yes GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT sleep weeeeeeeeeeeell enjoy your day~ &hearts;!!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Damian hmphs a laugh. "You aren't the only super-smeller I know," he reminds Colin, voice fond. "And I don't think any one of them would say that of me."
Dick opens his mouth, then finds that he doesn't want to admit that he's borrowing territory from Bruce. Like he's ashamed. It isn't a feeling Dick's used to. "Hey, we can talk about it later," he decides. "Let's get to eating first."

hmmmmm
D'tor is still easily pleased, at least that hasn't changed.
He's made of fear. Don't worry, Lirth might get gossip from Otheth and Zeyroth and calm him some.
uuuuuuuuugh so much food and hot tubbing I am so tired I am leaving very soon again I am sorryyy HOW ARE YOU
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:53 pm

"Considering I'm the only one you let get this close to you," Colin teases, swinging in close to Damian and almost swiping his nose along Damian's shoulder as he does, "then I'm the only one who really knows the truth, right?"
Jerel feels that surge of shame like something turning over inside his stomach. He lets Dick change the subject so that feeling will go away faster. He wraps his arm around Dick and leads him towards the door, slowly enough that Dick can prepare for it to be opened. "What do you feel like?" he asks. "Ultra nutritious sandwich? Something with carbs?"

okay today they're at 4,000, I guess maybe they forgot to update the counter? not everyone is as obsessed with it as I am, snicker
You've got to enjoy the small things.
Dragons are such useful soulmates.
I AM OKAY today is a lovely overcast day I am thoroughly enjoying the rain, HOW ARE YOU
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Something like instinct takes Damian for a moment and, when Colin is that close, his hand leaves Colin's and his arm is suddenly around Colin's waist. Almost as quickly, Damian drops his hold and exhales through his nose in a trained fashion. Calming. Meditative. "I suppose I will have to believe you, then," Damian attempts to keep the same light tone in his voice. He can't let Colin know how much he misses him, how close it is to longing. Colin would feel guilty. He's the kind of person who feels guilt and lets it control his actions. He would be with Damian out of guilt and Damian can't let that happen.
Dick turns his face and presses his nose into Jerel's hair, his mouth speaking softly and right by Jerel's ear. "You just said the magic words, gorgeous. Carbs, mm. Holy ham sandwich, I'm hungry. Maybe I should have bland stuff, though."

I get really, really freaked if I don't update before midnight. Like, SUPER freaked >.>
Tremas being in D'tor's weyr is a small thing, now?
Definitely in the case of Mitz. He might not believe Snooze or Mouse completely if they said it, though he would want to believe them a lot, but he has to believe Lirth. And Lirth wouldn't lie to him.
oh man I am so tired, my eyes hurt, my everything that isn't jellified from the tub hurts. I think I am actually half asleep right now XD I think I must leave you. GOODNIGHT THE NOC remember that you're Batman and pretty freaking amazing <333
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Colin is like mid-blink when Damian's arm slides around him, and by the time he's finished blinking and is leaning into the affection, Damian is gone and sighing. Colin swallows his hurt and tries to stay happy. "I mean, you could try and experiment with others, but really, I've got the nose that knows."
"I'm the doctor, here," Jerel says. He nabs Dick's chart on the way out so he can catch up properly and opens the door. "You probably need to work up to solid food again, you're right, but spaghetti isn't really solid. Let's try that."

I update at, and this is just an example, 11:32, 11:36, 11:45, 11:57. Just to make sure I'm all correct.
Tremas being anywhere around D'tor at all is instant enjoyment, even when they're fighting. D'tor doesn't really have a measure of small or large where Tremas is concerned.
Lirth would definitely not ever lie to him. Awww, truuuuuuuuuuuuuust.
GOODNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT sleep weeeeeeeell~ &hearts;!

excuse me what the fuck forum I wasn't finished
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Damian laughs and groans at the same time and lightly shoves Colin for that one. A good thirty seconds of head shaking happens before Damian answers, almost like an afterthought. "There will be no others."
Every smell imaginable hits Dick right in the face and he reels. He actually reels, falling back against Jerel and needing to /fight/ to get back to his smell in the confusion. Dick's eyes water like all the air is just cut onions and mace. "Nng," he says attractively.

Ohhhh, yeah. I save games like that.
He maybe should. It might make his life easier. Sending a letter: small. Simply standing in D'tor's weyr: medium. Anything after that, that will be on a scale.
Mitz never really does that for anyone or anything, not even Snooze and Mouse!

hahaha yeah man I wondered what was going on
also I am going to disappear and get coffee and get dressed at stuff, I shall return!
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Colin's open and happy grin fades to something more sedate. "Oh?"
Jerel wraps his arms around Dick's centre mass and immediately starts to talk. He explains all the most common smells in a hospital and all the most common sounds. He lets his lips brush against Dick's neck so there's more than one sense going on.

amen to that
D'tor doesn't really know how to measure his own enjoyment. Tremas is going to have to give him some lessons.
They know that Mitz doesn't trust them. It hurts across every 'verse.

*salute*!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm

Damian shrugs one shoulder and nods at the same time, like 'well obviously'. Because, well, obviously. He already found the one person who can put up with him and he ruined it. There's no other for him that would be good enough. "Do you want salad, or is that sacrilege?"
Dick doesn't have to strain to hear Jerel, which is /amazing/, but he starts to lose every smell there is. Everything fades to nothing even with Jerel right beside him. His body goes into automatic. Dick's been without his Guide for so long that there are just natural responses now.

Tremas is not on this planet just to make D'tor's life easier. So he will not teach him anything. Isn't he a Weyrleader? He should know how to deal with his own life.
It's not really that he doesn't trust /them/. He just doesn't trust /life/. Or, more accurately, his happiness.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Colin takes Damian's hand again -- he lost it at the shove -- and swings it, hardly able to believe that Damian really said there will be no one else for him. Surely that's -- that's something. "There can be /some/ salad," he says modestly.
Jerel can feel something wrong. Dick is just tinged with that feeling of /wrongness/. He moves around to stand in front of Dick and kisses him carefully.

Tremas refuses to be his life.
But it does often come down to not believing Snooze or Mouse when they tell him they like him or compliment him or ask him what he wants.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm

"Some salad," Damian echoes, then hums. "One day you will be able to eat whole troughs of salad, if I have my way."
And that's something absolutely phenomenal because it's like the rest of the world /blooms/ back into place. Dick is kissing Jerel back but he gasps into it, the taste and smell of Jerel making everything alright again. He's never been pulled back from the brink like that before. He feels like Jerel saved his life.

Of course he does.
That's definitely how it seems, yes.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:35 pm

"I could probably do it if there was bacon in it," Colin says, considering.
Jerel strokes his fingers across Dick's face and presses their foreheads together. His babble about smells and sounds has stopped; now he's just murmuring, asking Dick if he's okay, telling him he /is/ okay.

Well then how ever is D'tor supposed to learn how to manage his enjoyment at Tremas' presence, if Tremas doles it out like rations?
But they persist. They like giving him compliments.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:48 pm

"That's doable," Damian says, making a plan for tomorrow's meals. "I will keep that in mind." When they get to the kitchen, Damian opens the door and holds it open for Colin. Tim is sitting at the counter reading from his tablet and eating (well, sitting beside) cereal. Damian sighs, but says nothing. Drake doesn't even look up at them.
"How," Dick says, voice full of wonder. "How did you /do/ that."

Tremas blinks at D'tor emotionlessly. That is hardly his problem, is it.
Which doesn't make sense.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Colin enters and he stops, briefly, when he sees Tim. Then he pulls Damian inside the kitchen determinedly.
Jerel kisses Dick again gently. He's not entirely sure of the explanation behind it, but, basically... "I'm your Guide."

Does Tremas not enjoy D'tor at all? D'tor says this, fully aware that he's made Tremas laugh and feel pleasure before.
Something like that doesn't necessarily have to make sense. They like things about him. It doesn't have to be logical.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Tim keeps reading, but looks like he's read something unpleasant. Maybe he has. Damian clears his throat. "I think, Colin, that the pork is in the bottom of the fridge. If you fetch it, I will start preparation," he says, like Tim isn't there.
Dick closes his eyes, swallows, and nods. "You're /my/ Guide," he says, a growl entering the corners of his words. He nods again. "Let's go. I'm okay."

Tremas sighs and looks tired. What has that to do with anything?
Everything has to be logical.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Colin lets go of Damian after a moment, then heads for the fridge as requested. "What else do you need?" he asks. He'll talk to Tim if Tim talks to him; Tim did help a lot to get Colin out of the cage. He hopes he can edge off a fight if one starts to brew.
Jerel shivers at the growl. It tugs at something deep inside him -- something that yearns for the connection. "I'll take care of you," he whispers. Then he leads Dick out the door, and the chair is, as he asked, right there next to the door. Jerel puts Dick in it. "No arguments," he says.

It has everything to do with anything. D'tor was under the impression that they were in this -- in something -- together.
Love isn't always logical.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down