[Mitzvamp] Missing You

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Mitzvamp] Missing You

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Seth doesn't really want the answer to that question, does he.

Which, again, the Master is conflicted about. I wonder if he ever forced the Doctor to fight the sun as some kind of punishment?

NICE

You know, they aren't all tattoos. Some are scarification. They carve diagrams of engines into their skin because they can fix them, but not themselves. It's an act of control and worship for them. Just a little image of Mitz sitting in front of a dusty shard of a mirror, or even just free hand looking down, carving into his own flesh. But yes! Mitz would fight until he /needed/ a bloodbag.
They could always just give him verbal messages to repeat. Or carve coded messages into his skin. Mouse doing that, carving dots and lines into Mitz's calves while he looked at her like she was made of perfect, new, beautiful metals that he's never even heard of, barely flinching at the pain. Mara could always find her own ways to reply to the messages so he would only have Mouse's side of the codes on him.

It would be his one chance to die in glory, maybe with people who could witness him.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Seth curls his arms around Mitz's neck and hugs him. He doesn't know what to say.

Taunted him into it, I could definitely see that happening. But forcing him as a punishment? I wonder how he'd do that.

Yes, I've read the backgrounders. I was just trying to do it through Snooze's eyes.
The verbal messages is what I was going with until I thought of what I thought was a nice image of Mouse helping him re-paint his skin, but yeah, sure, that works too. The scarring would work until Mitz ran out of room. I guess that would make them speed up their plans.
Yeah, that would be the only thing that would convince a warboy to help out with a secret plan.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:43 am

Mitz relaxes into the hug. Seth doesn't need to say anything. Mitz--well, he wasn't really going to tell Seth. But he didn't know how Seth thought about it all until now.

With difficulty. But taunting the Doctor into doing something he doesn't want to do is about as close as the Master gets to forcing him to do anything.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to sound like was trying to teach you about a thing. I only just read all this stuff and I got super excited about that in terms of Mitz. Greasy, dusty, scarred up, indoctrinated Mitz. Greasy, dusty, scarred up, indoctrinated, fighting like a dying madman, while laughing, with Snooze in the desert.
Maybe there's a problem with the scarring. Like, they realise he only has so much space that he can hide before it becomes obvious that he has non-V8 scars on his skin. So they go to verbal but sometimes Mitz messes up the meaning and it gets messy for a while. Then they have to go to painted messages.
And he would mutter and mumble about things to Snooze, so Snooze would have a reason to help along in order to get his own freedom.

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Seth presses their cheeks together. There's not much physical warmth there, but whatever they have, they share. Yeah, he guesses he's been kind of sitting on that one for a while. He never really felt safe enough to admit it all.

It would have to be more than 'I bet you can't do it', because it would be a painful, distressing experience.

That all makes a lot of sense and gives some great images. Here's a thing I thought of during the day, though -- the reason Max is so prized is because he's a universal donor, he's O-neg or O-pos or whichever it is, and therefore his blood can be of use to any Warboy. So is Snooze Mitz's own personal bloodbag? Does Mitz have a certain blood type that Snooze matches, and any time some other warboy with that blood type needs a donor, Mitz is there fighting them off using Snooze, making them go to use some other donor?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 am

Mitz is grateful that Seth trusts him enough now to tell him things like that. Very grateful.

Well, see. I was going to say that it wouldn't be that simple--and it wouldn't. But nearly everything that the Master does is in that kind of feel, you know? 'I bet you can't do it', 'I bet you don't understand', 'I bet you're lying'. All to get the reaction he needs/desires from the Doctor.

I like it! Isn't it that O- can donate to everyone but can only receive from O-? Or is it like O+ can only have O- blood or something? So if Mitz's blood type means that he can only have blood from a universal donor like Snooze, and he's generally useful enough to not be complete throwaway warboy fodder, he would be given his own personal bloodbag that no-one can take, even. Some would just be bigger than Mitz, though, and may decide they want Snooze more.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 pm

It took way longer than it should have. For a long time, Seth thought Mitz was just -- under Thaey's thrall, you know? He was kind of terrified that anything bad he said about Thaey, Mitz would /tell/ Thaey. That's awful, sorry. He's so sorry he thought that.

That's very schoolyard, and yeah, it seems a whole lot like the Master's general drive. Like he likes to cloak it, prettify it, make it big and grand and complicated on top of it, but yeah, I think he's probably got a gambling problem. I wonder if possibly he just needles the Doctor with those thoughts until the Doctor snaps. Hm.

I looked it up. O- can go to everyone, O+ can go to everyone who is also positive. You should be able to access this page despite it being Australian, there's a good chart: http://www.donateblood.com.au/about-blood/types. Basically if we made Mitz O- as well, that means he could only ever receive blood from a fellow O-, but Snooze being O- could donate to anyone. (Mitz could also be A- or B-, but then he would probably get dibs on an exclusive A- or B- donor thereby leaving the O- for everyone else).
So let's say Mitz is definitely useful enough -- especially with the hydroponics, I'll bet -- to warrant special favours from the Organic Mechanic, such as having his own devoted bloodbag. It takes about four to eight weeks for complete replacement, which is ridiculous, there's no way they'd wait a month for one donation of one pint, so they must push their donors to breaking point, wear 'em out with no regard for sustainability. So Mitz is given this bloodbag to use as much as he wants, to wear out, basically. If he's going to be able to fight off someone bigger? Will Imperator Wildcat help him out? Maybe Mitz and Wildcat met in a fight when he lost his previous bloodbag? Then the plot was hatched and he went out and got himself a new bloodbag so he could go along on the heist, get well enough to go with them and get his glorious end.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 am

Mitz actually laughs, though it's quiet. Well, in Seth's defense, Mitz did act a certain way around Thaey. It's not Seth's fault that he thought what he did. Don't apologise.

Ohhhhh man he would get a kick out of that. He would especially get a kick out of it while the Doctor is entertaining important vampire types so that the Doctor snaps behind closed doors.

Scrawny O- Mitz, staring at the struggling and growling and muzzled Snooze, wondering how he could have the same type of blood like it doesn't mean anything at all.
I don't know if he would hatch a plan that quickly, but Wildcat would no doubt see the benefit of having a deft black thumb who owes her, surely? She might have suggested he go find himself a bloodbag he can keep for himself--and if not a universal donor, then he would garner more favor by finding more blood for others. He'd have to be eased into the idea of the whole glorious end thing; it's what he wants, but he's not so far gone that he wouldn't be able to see that they're traitors just because Wildcat and Mouse are better and more important than him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:59 pm

Yeah, but he is sorry, though. Really, Seth could've known better, should've. Isn't that the point of a childe? Well, he knows better now, because he knows Mitz better now. And /that's/ the point. They've come a hell of a long way.

The Doctor would certainly gain a lot of respect by disciplining his human servant in the middle of an important vampire meeting. You might even say that's the entertainment.

And blood is power, blood is life, like is Mitz's blood defective somehow despite being the same as Snooze's, can Mitz fix that defective thing by taking in Snooze's blood? It must be kind of a wild feeling for Mitz to try to fix himself, finally.
Wildcat would surely like having a mechanic she can trust not to fuck her over and try to take her spot as a driver. Lesser fighters are always challenging her for her position. It'd be good to have someone who's not going to challenge her but will fix her cars, rigs, whatever. It'd be useful to have someone like that around. And of course they're traitors, sure, definitely, but he could go along with them in an attempt to keep arguing with them and bring them back, maybe? That might end up being the way it goes?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 pm

The point of a childe is to drink your blood and break your heart. Just like every offspring, in some way or another. Mitz smiles, oddly warm. They /have/ come a long way. But, still, Mitz feels like it should be made very clear that he was never disappointed in how Seth reacted to, to, to /anything/. 

He would get the respect. But would he actually do it? He hates humiliating anyone at all, and humiliating the Master--even though it would technically be a win for him--could lead to a very tense future for a while. 

So okay me and Frank were talking about it and we've come up with a few things for you to veto or not: 
I figure Jerel and Mitz's parents are gone or dying or something that makes them useless, makes it so that Jerel is essentially left with a baby to look after (we'll have to age him up to at least ten to make it work) and knowing that he can barely keep himself alive, he would either sneak baby Mitz in with the other babies to become War Pups or he'd manage to convince someone to take him. (Sidenote: Frank was telling me about a deleted scene where a woman tried to give a guard a scrawny baby to take and the guard took the child by the leg and flung it away.) 
So regardless of whether that is something you can see happening for Jerel and Mitz's origin story, we have to figure out whether it's the Organic Mechanic we see in the movie we'll be dealing with, Jerel himself or maybe even Zop. Maybe they have several of them since it seems kind of irrational to only have one doctor. ANYWAY. If Jerel is an organic, then what if he knows that Mitz is his brother but Mitz doesn't know? OKAY SO THERE IS AN IDEA IF YOU LIKE IT HERE IS ANOTHER ONE
Freo showed me a meta she found on tumblr about how it's possible that the War Boys aren't /dying/ at all. Like, Nux's tumors at the stage they were in would be causing organ failure and all kinds of stuff to make him literally unable to move, but benign he would be able to do everything you see. Or maybe it's the paint they use that gives them all cancer. Or maybe Joe just keeps lying to them about radiation sickness. Because the Swaddledogs are all okay. You can't really see the bandits or anything but they seem to be pretty healthy. Max is healthy. Furiosa, missing arm notwithstanding, is healthy. All the brides are healthy. And to have a death cult, there has to be the promise of death, so why not lie? So, okay, with that in mind: What if Mitz is told that he's far, far, far too sick to do war? Like he's the best black thumb they have hands down and he works on the hydros and even the war rigs and everything, makes them hum and sing and thrum. And they have others, but none as good. So to keep him alive, they make him think he's no good for glory. The closest he'll get to glory is to make sure Joe's army rides smooth and perfect. They give him an oxygen tank and a breather, though it has nothing in it, and tell him he can't be without that for too long and moving it around too much will break it. Say he's extremely anemic and actually could benefit from having the blood transfusions, especially since he works so hard without any real nutrition or hydration, so he gets Snooze as a blood bag. THAT IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT but along with that: If the organic is Jerel, then he'll be in on it and he'll know that Mitz is just fine and he'd be lying to him to keep him safe. If the organic is the dude we see in the movie then he's just a sleezy guy in Joe's pocket doing what he's told. And if it's Zop, then hey. He's bored and trying not to be killed, probably. I don't know, that one confuses me. 
But anyway, if that's the case, Mitz would be CONVINCED that his blood is poison. But it's the same blood as Snooze's. What if, a few days into having Snooze, he goes to the organic and is like "No today I feel good, today I can go, I can go out," and the organic's just like "No, boy, that's just how the sickness works. It's in your brain". 
PLUS as an Imperator, Wildcat could have her pick of the War Boys she wants on the rig. What if she managed to bag the best black thumb in the citadel without telling anyone? She'd be able to just say that he's been cleared for war and that'll be it. He'll tell her that he needs his bloodbag, and BOOM we have the boys on board. Very Happy?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Never disappointed? Even when Seth was being a total dick? And -- hey. Seth's gonna try to never break Mitz's heart, okay, he's doing his best and he's always going to do his best.

He might hate it, but if the Master pushed him far enough, he would just snap and demand a little respect. The Doctor's a pretty powerful vampire who's not used to being crossed, and doesn't react well to /being/ crossed, after all. The smiling death, I would imagine, is a term that used to be thrown around a lot before vampires had to start to behave. The Master'd be a big part of that, of keeping the Doctor's people disciplined, but the Doctor himself does have teeth in this 'verse.

Jerel would probably not give Mitz to anyone to put in the nursery, there's no way he'd trust anyone enough to keep Mitz alive when they could be putting their own babies in the nursery and just leaving Mitz out on the trash to die. So he'd work on getting inside the citadel and finding the right place to leave Mitz so he's just like every other kidlet, so no one bats an eye -- pretty sure they're not going to notice if there's twenty-nine babies instead of twenty-eight. Becoming an organic would be a good way to do that. Jerel's able-bodied, pretty quick -- maybe he pretends to be a bandit and gets himself caught and apprenticed to the Organic Mechanic, then sneaks back out and retrieves Mitz to bring him into the nursery.
It makes sense -- Mitz never takes proper care of himself in any 'verse until Mouse and Snooze come along to bully and drag him into it. In fanatic war boy culture he'd taken even less good care of himself (me speeky english good). I kind of like the idea of Jerel taking care of Mitz from afar, relatively, too.
So Mitz goes to the Organic and is all, I can do it, I can go out today, today is a good day, and the Organic (or Jerel) says no, /hell/ no, and Mitz promptly goes to Wildcat and she's like well okay I guess, if you feel good then I'm not going to deny you what you want, I'm kind of surprised that you're helping us but okay.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:14 am

No, he was never disappointed. He was sad, but only a few times. And it was Mitz's fault that he was sad. Everything was either Mitz's or Thaey's fault, never Seth's. Mitz pats Seth's arm lightly. 

Hot. The Smiling Death is a lovely name for the Doctor, but maybe that's because the Oncoming Storm is so overused to me. But, yes, that kind of thing would give the Master a weird sense of victory. Like, he helped make the Doctor look formidable and in charge of his servant but they would both know how much the Doctor hated it, how much it would torture him internally. Tasty. 

What if he just makes sure they get caught when there's some kind of raid happening? Say the Stillhavens are in some wasteland settlement and suddenly a siren goes off and Jerel has his chance. They have to get Warboys, brides, mothers, guards. They probably raid settlements all the time. 
Well, they're all pretty feral and stuff but I think that there's a definite level of brotherhood to the Warboys. So even though Mitz would never command respect or anything for his efforts driving or lancing or anything else, he'd be known as the quick genius black thumb so he'd have a soul or two pushing him towards whatever food they had. They fight and scrap, but they still look after each other when they're not fighting. Does that make sense? 
I say that's eventually what happens. Or like Mitz purposefully breaks and fixes something really important and then asks to be on Wildcat's rig because all he knows is that he'd be on the War Rig and the only reason he can think of that he's feeling better is that he is now awaited and it's time for him to die in as much glory as he can. I kind of like the idea of him knowing, right, about the escape plan. Like, he's heard all the plans and plots. Or he's seen the prep go into it. But he's so naive that it just doesn't occur to him that it's the reality. Like those Warboys on Furiosa's rig? It takes a whole army going after them to get them to start questioning what she's doing, they're so convinced that no-one would turn against Joe. 
Also: Max the Guard and Jet the Lore Boy who protect and teach the group of War Pups Mitz ends up in.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Seth's really glad that time is over. Can he just say that? He's really glad it's over, that they're past it, that they get to try out a new way of living. They don't have to be new people, they're the same people, but they can be new in the way that they get to behave in new ways. Does that make sense?

So many of these powerful vampires are some kind of death. The Doctor might at some point have even been the Gentle Death or something, but I like the Smiling Death, too, it's got a bit of creepy malice to it. The Doctor would hate it afterwards. While he was doing it, it would make him feel probably too good, like settling in his skin, scratching an itch he never lets himself scratch.

Yeah, that makes sense. And Jerel would never have any hesitation about leaving Jacob and Helen behind for a better life if they're still alive and just can't provide for the boys. He's pretty cold, lbr.
It does make sense. I'm sure there are people who help out in keeping Mitz alive and fed, because there would have to be some people like that, since Mitz never takes care of himself. Mouse and Snooze will, of course, take that to a new level and make Mitz healthy more than just surviving, to a certain extent, as much as they can when they're all running for survival.
Oh, that's a little crafty, I like that. Warboy Mitz with a bit of a spine, not just being carried along by events but getting in and getting what he wants, yeah, that's good. I like him knowing and being naive about the plan, thinking it's not totally real but it's still getting out of the citadel -- or even anticipating the big battle and getting all heart-eyed about that kind of carnage.
yessssssssssss Jet is tattooed /all over/ with stories like Miss Giddy
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:54 am

Mitz hums. He sees what Seth is saying, yes. He, he--he doesn't he it that way? He is enjoying...being himself. He hasn't been himself for a /very/ long time. He's enjoying knowing who Seth is, finally. He likes that they can be themselves, now. 

I wish I was a better writer so I could describe how delicious the Master would find that. He would feel that short-lived ease within the Doctor even through his own pain and it would be absolutely worth every blow and pint of blood lost. The Doctor's inner torture is something sweet, but when he actually gives into what he is--when part of him is on the same level as the Master--that's when the Master is at his happiest. 

Maybe they didn't stick together and the boys were left with only one of them. That would give Jerel even more reason to split. Apparently Nux's parents were really rare in that they stayed together for love, so having Jacob and Helen stay together out of their usual cold dedication to the family experiment isn't really suited here. 
We can make sure that they get some nights of quiet even when they're on the run. We don't have to resolved anything in under three hours. So Snooze could put a blanket over a shivering Mitz and be stared at in awe because Mitz has never had caring without an order or insult attached to it. 
Even if he wasn't completely in denial about the whole thing, he could console himself with the idea that he might be able to bring the brides back to the Citadel. At least until Mouse talks to him and he falls in complete love and all his loyalties shift. BUT YES heartseyed over carnage!Mitz will be an adorable Mitz. He'll throw himself into things that will almost definitely kill him all the time. 
YES THIS softly softly spinning Joe's dogma and teachings, secretly hoarding old books and paper and all kinds of things that let him study how the world used to be, Max finding what Jet has and when he isn't /instantly/ killed, Jet starts gushing at him about what he's found, isn't this fascinating, has Max ever heard anything like this?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:33 pm

That's a really nice way to look at it. Being themselves. Yeah. There we go. That's how it is.

It's sort of like 'ah, look, you are as much of a terrible person as I am'. It's like confirmation that the Master is actually normal in how awful he is. I can't decide if an episode like this would be followed by a whole lot of care-taking and coddling, or if the Doctor would thoroughly avoid and tiptoe around the Master for a long time. Hm.

It's probably strange enough that they stayed together long enough to have two children, especially since Jerel and Mitz are a few years apart.
Snooze does not know how to handle being stared at in awe. He's never actually been looked at like that before -- or if he has, it's after he's killed someone with his rifle at an impossible distance and it's more like terrified awe than soft awe. He will probably be very awkward about it.
I get all giggly about the fact that it just takes like thirty seconds for Mitz's entire world to slip, slide and shift once he encounters Mouse. It's like she's his anchor, and he's been adrift and unattached, and she just hooks him in. Mitz stop being kamikaze, Snooze and Mouse will go incredibly spare every time you throw yourself into reckless danger without proper weapons or protection or a plan.
I can hear Jack/Max saying in my head 'well that was a waste of a perfectly good explanation'.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:48 am

Mitz smiles. He smiles more now than ever before and most around Seth, truth be told. He's always so frantic to make Snooze happy or to not upset Mouse with his presence that he doesn't smile as often as he should around them. But Seth had always made him smile; now he can show it when it happens. 

I would say that depending on the situation, anything could happen afterwards. The Doctor could be ashamed and be annoyingly contrite, he could look after the Master like he was made of glass, he could get just as angry as before though not as violent, he could avoid contact altogether. The Master definitely wouldn't be able to tell which it would be until it happened, too. Even while partially living in the Doctor's head. 

Definitely. But they were always weirdos. They probably stuck together out of pure logic. It was resourceful to do so, somehow. 
Mitz won't notice. He won't care about a lot of social cues. He'd maybe notice, but why care? If Snooze gets twitchy over Mitz's awe and if Mitz notices then he'll mostly just find it a little curious. 
Whenever I try to poke a Mitzthought about how desperately he falls for Mouse, he just shrugs and mutters something about perfection and light. Since canonverse he's seen Mouse as light. Brightness. Freedom, I guess. She's always strong and brave and loud and funny, she always seems so free to him. Snooze is the one who's in control and Mouse is the one who's free, in Mitz's perception, and that makes them extraordinary. 
Psshhh he's made for kamikrazy. He's got no other use. They can go spare all they want. 
MAX I ADORE YOU also I was telling Freo about Jet the Lore Boy and we decided drum circles while Jet chants dogma and 'wisdom' and phrases. Jet in a circle of drumming War Pups, chanting "We live, we die, we live again" and once they get into the rhythm, he'll start talking about Valhalla, start talking about what is awaiting them if they die in war and glory.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Seth's really glad of that. It's kind of gotten to the point where when Seth sees Mitz smiling, he knows that circumstances are really, really good. That whatever's happening right then is definitely something that should be repeated or maintained or whatever.

At first I'm sure the Doctor's unpredictability was attractive to the Master. But after being joined at the brain, I would think something like that became discomfiting. The Master would probably try and prepare for the outcome he predicted, then the Doctor would swing wildly the other way -- and not on purpose, not by looking at the Master and knowing what he's prepared and deliberately going for something else -- and the Master would be left fumbling. Not comforting.

Maybe Helen was really good at gathering -- logical about where to look for food and supplies -- and Jacob was good at smacking down competition.
I'm sure there will be some repeating of experiments to check up on reliability.
Mitz is such a romantic. Underneath all the cogs and wheels he's all about the airy-fairy.
They can, they will and they may end up tying him up next time they go out to fight things. He'll like that.
Man, Jet is such a brainwasher. I love it. He was probably all hesitant about that method of doing things at first, but then there were benefits -- depression went down, loyalty went up, people stopped randomly dying in their sleep due to lack of will to get up and go on with their lives come the new day.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:00 pm

So long as Mitz doesn't ever think that he's training Seth to do things that make him smile, or Seth never feels like that. The last thing Mitz needs is to have a parallel between him and Thaey. 

Not comforting at all. But the Master is kind of like an emotional masochist. He likes to think he's in control all the time and enjoys that, but his obsession with the Doctor betrays what he really likes. He likes the chaos and the uncertainty. It frustrates him, but he must like that too. It must get so boring knowing everything and guessing at everyone's motives--and being right. The Doctor makes him wrong. 

Keeping with the idea that Jerel takes after Helen and Mitz takes after Jacob, Helen could find ways to patch people up, some kind of rudimentary healer, while Jacob does---something else. Something Mitzlike. We should really figure him out someday. 
Or he'd just ask, vaguely hurt but mostly curious. "Why do you hate it when you're seen by me?"
He is not! He just happens to fall in love with the most perfect and beautiful creatures ever created. 
There's that! But the position also gives him access to information and knowledge and who can sniff at that? But yesssss such a brainwasher. And just imagine the light in Mitz's eyes whenever Jet talks about engines and the V8 and everything.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Seth doesn't feel like he's being trained. That would mean he does it without thinking and sometimes without wanting to. No, these things, he thinks about them. It's a choice. It's conscious.

I love the idea that the Master first became obsessed with the Doctor when the Doctor was unpredictable while the Master was hunting him.

I suppose I've always imagined Jacob like a lesser James Bond -- agent 077, if you like -- but if he's supposed to be someone Mitz takes after that would make him more like Q, wouldn't it. What place would Q have in a wasteland? The obvious thing would be a mechanic, I guess? With the need for cars and bikes to travel long distances between water, there'd be a big call for that, so long as there was a reliable fuel source. Oh -- what if he had the secret to solar tech post-apocalypse? And somewhere deep in Mitz's brain he remembers it?
Snooze shakes his head. He doesn't hate it, that's not right. He struggles with the idea for a moment, twisting his mouth as he turns the thoughts over. "Not used to it."
Creatures that defy even his logical brain?
I'd love to imagine that Jet doesn't believe a word of what he's saying, but he says it to maintain his position and access so he can keep something -- information, history, himself -- safe. That sounds calculating and yet so very moral. Jet is giving these boys hope. It's really something. And of course, he goes and teaches the girls, too, or he teaches the older past-fertile women like Miss Giddy (maybe Teela?) who teach the girls. They get a little bit of alternate history. (vis a vis: who killed the world)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:52 am

I feel like he might have to let Mitz know that he's making conscious decisions sometimes. Like he might have to nudge Mitz and give him a nod, let him know. 

Oh, without a doubt that's what happened. The Master reads people in a blink but he has trouble with the Doctor, even now with the Doctor in his head. I really like the image of the Doctor holding court with other vampires, or with a bunch of weres, and saying something that makes even the Master look at him like 'what the hell?'. 

Oh, yes, Q is a perfect way to imagine Jacob. SOLAR POWER that would be something pretty great. I don't know about in being deep in his brain, but there has to be some way to get to that connection to his father and his tech. Eventually, I mean. Like if they go back to the Citadel and Jerel reconnects with Mitz, he would be so full of questions for Jerel and they might end up going on a trip back to their roots and happen upon some stuff that would look like junk to anyone who didn't know what they were looking at?
Mitz sort of shrugs. "You do the things to get seen like you're used to doing them," he says, meaning how he cares for Mitz. "If you do those things, then--I get to see you." 
They always do. Mouse and Snooze almost frighten him. 
OH MY GOD jet you are the best ever now, keep being the most interesting mentor in the universe you currently occupy. He will probably end up really quietly proud when he learns that Mitz is now a traitor.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:19 pm

He can do that. He can let Mitz know when he's doing something for himself, too, if Mitz wants. When it's something that's going to make Seth smile. That way Mitz isn't going to be trained, either. It's all going to be just -- conscious.

Every time that happens, I would think, the Doctor gets a little reward afterwards. Because unlike these two above, where Mitz and Seth don't want to be trained, the Master would have no problems at all training the Doctor to do what he wants. Even if that's being completely whacko.

That would be /excellent/. Because the boys would have seen Jacob tinkering and fixing and setting things up the right way. But after Jacob died -- or took off, went insane, whatever -- people just trashed all of it. Then the boys find the old junkyard, and Jerel picks up a thing that he remembers and puts it the right way up, and that sparks Mitz to pick something else up. That's a nice picture.
Snooze was standing while Mitz was laying down with the blanket, but now he moves from hovering awkwardly to crouching down next to Mitz. He admits, "I used to be used to doing them. Not anymore." He used to do nice things for people, those few people he let himself get close to. He hasn't been around people in a long time, though. "What does that mean? Seeing me?"
Only almost? That's relieving.
He'll be the one waiting for them to come home. He'll be the one who gives the order to let the crane down. (He'll also be sadly hoping Max comes home, too, because lbr, Max would be out with the war party.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Oh, Mitz doesn't mind being trained. There's a little bit of security in it. It means he doesn't have to worry so hard about everything, he can just trust his training.

That sounds about right, yeah. Don't know how well it would work or even if the Master would be entirely conscious of whether or not he's rewarding the Doctor for confusing him, but it would definitely happen. 

That is a nice picture. The Stillhavens can be proud of their parents so long as they don't know them, it seems. 
Mitz closes his eyes and raises both eyebrows, kind of shrugging without having to raise his shoulders out of the warm of the blanket. "Dunno. You were you before, yeah," he tries to explain. "And then you did what you did. And now you're more than you." 
Definitely almost terrified of the loves of his life and the love he feels for them. Mostly almost terrified. 
Jet you glorious bastard. Oh, but when Mitz sees him (because unlike Nux, Mitz is going to live), he'll be so happy! But worried. No Lore Boy remembers the pups he teaches. Mitz is just another War Boy, even if he is the one who turned traitorous. He'll want to run to Jet for praise. But Jerel will be the one to recognises Mitz and wants to give him praise, but Mitz doesn't know who the hell he is. Yaaaaaaaaay. (MAX amazing. I love it. Does he make it back? Does he turn on Joe? He's usually such a good soldier.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Well, Seth doesn't feel right, training Mitz. Please understand. If Mitz feels trained, tell Seth, please. He doesn't like it.

I think for a while the Master wouldn't be aware of it. But the more he becomes aware of himself doing it, then he'd start to get in the spirit. And he'd have to make sure the Doctor never realised what he was doing, too. It's not as fun if the Doctor's aware of what's going on, if the Doctor's actively being confusing or straight-forward.

I don't know if Jerel would be proud, but he'd be fascinated by these people he barely remembers.
Snooze sits, instead of crouching. It's strange, because he's almost always in a position where he can /go/. He doesn't rest much. "More than me," he echoes. He understands, though he can't put the feeling to words. He /is/ a little more than he was before. Before he would have tossed the blanket at Mitz -- or not given him a blanket -- or kept the blanket for himself -- or not bothered to find a blanket at all. He's growing in bits.
Hopefully as time goes on it'll be less scary.
SO COMPLEX, it's lovely. I wonder if Jet knows? Because the Organic Mechanic got himself a new apprentice from a batch of captives one day, and the same day, the baby count in the creche went up without any of the girls giving birth. Would that be something Jet would notice? Or would he be too far in his books and studies to notice that?
(Max is a /great/ soldier until he gets given an order he doesn't agree with.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Alright, Mitz says slowly. He will mention it to Seth. He doesn't see it happening, Seth. Everyone's so careful about it, now. Seth especially. It probably won't happen. 

The Doctor will find out eventually. He always does. And there will be such a big fight. It'll be glorious. 

Mitz was only a baby. He's a little impressed that he's connecting to people he didn't even really think existed. They must have been great. They must have been, because here they both are, doing things that make sense but don't. 
Mitz snuffs, exhaling a sort of laugh. "Y'alright, bloodbag? Even though you're not that anymore. You're more than that, too," he looks away, then rolls onto his back. "You look spooked, is all. Don't like it when I talk at you. I will, though, because that's what I do. Sorry." 
It gets more scary. It gets more intense, and then they're intense right back him. It's great. 
He would be able to notice. Maybe it's something that he noticed but didn't really care about? Like, shit happens. And that just means there's one more baby not dying in the wastes. (It would have to be a serious fucking order for Max to turn, since he's followed so many others.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:23 pm

Seth wishes they could be less careful. In time, he guesses, there'll be less to be careful about. They'll start -- forgetting. Recovering.

It might even bust them up for a while. Or it might not. Not, would be the unexpected side of it. I almost think the Doctor would banish the Master from his side for a while /because/ it's what everyone else would do, and therefore the Master thinks he won't do it and he's safe. He's not safe. It doesn't work like that. The Master can't just -- rrgh.

They were something, all right. They weren't great people -- no one in this whole world is, don't you think. But they were something, to come up with all this.
Snooze definitely frowns again at being called bloodbag. He's not told any of these people what else to call him, so he's not surprised, but -- being told he's more, then being put back in the bloodbag pile, it's not comfortable. It makes him jumpy. He watches Mitz's profile for a moment, then he gets up again. "I like it when you talk," he offers. Then he goes back to whatever he was doing before he gave Mitz the blanket -- walking the perimeter, probably.
They're scared, too, a lot of the time.
One more baby that might grow up into something with a brain. Jet's always looking for thinkers, people he can teach things to, real things, real teaching, not just rote chanting. (It would probably be an order like kill the wives if they look to be getting away. Like, them being dead is better than them being not Joe's. Max thinks, better alive than dead, no matter who they belong to, especially after seeing what happened to Angharad and Miss Giddy.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:38 pm

It's fine. Everyone will be fine, with time. Everything will work out. 

Frustrated little Master. I love every second. The Doctor wouldn't. It doesn't have to be fighting and banishing and frustration and distrust all the time. It doesn't have to be about guessing what move they're going to make next. The Master makes his own frustrations. 

They could've been great people. Jerel doesn't know any more than Mitz does. He was young, though Mitz was younger. 
Mitz turns to say something, but Snooze is already gone. He sucks his teeth, reaches for his now empty oxygen tank and curls around it like it's a teddy bear. 
See? It's fine. Being scared is probably fine. 
Keep holding onto that dream, Jet. Though Mitz is like Jet's little sleeper agent, a secret thinker so deeply hidden than Mitz didn't even know it about himself. To everyone else he seems like the most indoctrinated War Boy ever to cry war. (Watching the carnage is one thing, carrying out the carnage by his own hand is another?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:54 pm

Seth curls in tighter to Mitz underneath the blanket. Yeah. You know what? For the first time in a long time, that's not just something that they say to make themselves feel better. It's actually something that could happen.

The Master prefers to be prepared. The Doctor /ruins/ his plans. Even when they're fighting, the Master can't help himself trying to figure out how the argument is going to end out, which one of them will win -- which probably often leads to him cutting the argument short if the Doctor will win, or letting it play out if he himself will win. The Master needs to win.

They couldn't have been that great if Jerel never cried over them being gone.
Snooze doesn't know how to be a proper human being. He's figuring it out, though, Mitz, don't worry. Every so often he figures out another thing and gets better.
It might even be normal.
Right up 'til he gets his own ideas about fixing things and making it better. Jet will be so impressed and proud the first time Mitz filches a spanner and fixes a thing. (It's more like -- that death wasn't glorious. Even for an Imperator like Max, he's hoping for a glorious death. Not quite like the War Boys, but glory in leadership, you know, earning a seat at the table with the best of the dead. Seeing that kind of death would just shake something free in Max's head. Angharad and Miss Giddy deserved better for their bravery. The wives are brave. They deserve a better end than some -- shrug, whatever, she won't come home, kill her.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:02 am

Mitz makes a noise of agreement. (He meant it will work out perfectly for Seth. He was saying it entirely to make himself feel better. He's very ashamed of how out of place he feels with freedom.) 

Sometimes neither have to win. Sometimes there's just no competition or argument /to/ win. 

Every pup cries, Jerel. The ones who knew where they came from, the ones who didn't. He's lying. They all cry. 
Mitz is just upset because he knows that Snooze doesn't like 'bloodbag'. He can see it each time it's said. But he has no other distinction and he doesn't presume to have enough sway with any one of the traitors he's with to start giving out names like he matters. 
Imagine! Them, normal! 
He'd be so secret about it. Or trying to be, anyway. No-one else would notice what Mitz is doing but it's up to Jet to know what all his pups are doing at any given time, when he's in charge. He would be watching. (So it's a mixture of the order and the fact that they're standing up to Joe. That kind of thing is infectious, even if Max doesn't realise that he's, y'know, realising he can stand up to Joe because of what they're doing, what he's seeing.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 am

Seth likes it when they agree. It's that old peace-making side of him coming out -- and in this 'verse, it's old indeed, since he's repressed it pretty much since he was human. (Mitz needs to belong to someone.)

Most of the time, there is. The Doctor might not /see/ it but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Jerel cried when he was scared about what was going to happen to him or Mitz. He never cried thinking about what happened to their parents.
At least Snooze gives Wildcat those exasperated looks when she calls him Fool. Mitz isn't alone in his having-the-wrong-name. It's Snooze's fault, really, he could clear it up by giving out his proper name. But he's having trouble picking out which one, from all the names he's ever been given -- which one still applies.
That's just crazy talk.
Of course he would. Maybe he even does it on a regular basis -- leaves things lying around for the pups to sneak off with, to see which ones should be funnelled into which occupation as they grow. (That would definitely help. That, combined with Jet's nattering about the way the world used to be before they killed it, when every man stood for himself and his beliefs -- seeing is believing. Max has just never really /had/ any beliefs to stand up for before.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:33 am

Mitz just likes it when Seth is happy. He likes it when everyone's calm and happy and secure. (Indeed he does.) 

/Most/ of the time. That means that there are times when there isn't. 

He was scared because he didn't have any kind of parent to give him a reason not to be scared. Same as the rest of them. That's why pups cry, and that's how they get to be part of their group. Jerel had his Mechanic to teach him, give him reasons to not be scared. Mitz had, uh. Um. Lore Boys, he supposes. Older Repair Boys. 
Mitz doesn't like Fool. It's an insult. Bloodbag is a descriptor, same as when some of the wives call him Halflife even though they know Mitz's name by now. 
It's a very serious part of his job, I would say. And Jet would be good at it. All his Boys would be going to the right places. (It's a painful kind of growing that Max has to do and I like it a lot.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 am

And they like it when Mitz is, too. There's a very 'nobody gets left behind' mentality even with those who haven't been locked in a paramilitary troop for the last few centuries. (His loves can take care of that if he lets them.)

There's something to win a lot more often than the Doctor thinks there is.

Jerel pauses in the middle of flipping a dish up the right way. Jerel wishes he coulda stuck around more with Mitz, but it wasn't safe. Mitz would've been tossed if they realised he was a captive baby.
Snooze wishes there was another descriptor for that 'more than bloodbag' feeling, though. And Wildcat was just frustrated.
Jet makes sure of it. His boys are the best boys, destined for greatness. Really, he's just a guiding hand. (When he comes back, he'll be a different man. One Jet might not like. He'll worry about that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 am

Mitz is all about that 'nobody gets left behind' mentality. He just doesn't naturally count himself. (He's more than willing to be owned by those he loves. He just feels guilty that he feels that way, since he knows they want him to be free.) 

That's just grossly incorrect. 

That's not what Mitz was talking about. Jerel had his way to be and Mitz had his brothers. They looked after him when he needed to be looked after, gave him a beating when he needed it. Mitz doesn't blame Jerel for anything. He's just saying. Jerel missed his parents as much as the rest of them, because they never had them. They were all pups once, imagining different lives. 
Wildcat doesn't have to /stay/ frustrated, though. Mitz thinks she should ease up since Snooze has done nothing but help. Mitz can't think of anything to call Snooze apart from Bloodbag. Pax, maybe. Snooze's silence and peaceable nature even in the wastes. 
Very puppetmaster, Jet. All his boys will die historic. (Or he'll come back as the man that Jet always knew he could be.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:21 am

That's why he's got everybody else around him. They count him. (They have to come to the understanding, all of them, that he needs to be free to choose to belong to someone. That makes everyone happy.)

The Doctor, once again being blind as a bat.

No. Jerel thinks Mitz is wrong. Their deaths were guaranteed out here, he says, sweeping his hand across the junkyard and the wastes beyond. He was never sad about leaving all this.
Of course, maybe someone -- Mitz, or a nickname-ier person -- happens upon Snooze finally succumbing to the need for sleep and napping in the belly of the rig. Then they start teasing him about his snooze, because he'd always denied the need for naps before.
They'll live historic first. (I think he'd have to come back separately from the others. The others would never trust him to tag along, and Max isn't the tag along type, anyway. He'd make his own way back. That's when he becomes that man. When he chooses for himself.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:32 am

They should just count on him. If he's got utility, then he's not going anywhere. If he's important to them, he won't put himself in a place where he could be taken from them. (Mitz will never be the one to start that dialogue.) 

He disagrees. He sees more than the Master seems to think he does. 

Mitz isn't talking about the place, Jerel. He's not even really talking about the people. He's talking about the fantasy of security. Rictus Erectus and Corpus Colossus got to have family, got to have security. It was different for them 'cos they were sons of a god, alright, but it was still something to dream about. Jerel must've. Everyone Mitz knows made up what could've been in their heads. 
Or whenever he thinks it's safe he takes these little naps, but someone always sees him. "Where's the Fool?" "Gone off snoozin' again." "Of course he has." 
Imagine his boys not wanting to let him down, either. Their first loyalty is to Joe, of course, but they would always have a kind of loyalty to Jet as well. The first person to believe in any of them. (That could be a messy homecoming.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 am

They will make sure that he knows he's important to them. He knows he's important to Seth now, at least, doesn't he? (One of them will work it out. Probably Mouse. She's pretty cluey.)

Oh, yes? With his far sight and his reams of experience, his foresight and hindsight? With the way he always thinks before he acts?

That place /was/ security. That's what Jerel dreamed of. A big old place with food on the regular, people to count on. That was the dream. It came with a lot more death than Jerel expected, but it was still the dream.
That's pretty adorable. And someone gets delegated to go wake him up, and the gentle "Come on, Snoozeyhead," eventually turns into Snooze.
Now that would really touch Jet. After the revolution he'd probably expect to be put out with the rest of the old guard who held up the regime. (It'd be bad if people thought Max was coming back to set himself up as Immortan Max. He'd have to come back in disguise.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 am

For now, he knows that he has an important place in Seth's life. Yes. (Probably Mouse. But it might take a while. Mitz really upsets her in this 'verse.) 

And the Master is one to talk now? Because he plans everything so spectacularly. 

Mitz goes silent, running his fingers over the panels of supposed junk. Mitz didn't have any idea what kind of hardship he came from, he supposes. 
There, now you have a name Snoozles! Mitz will be very tentative about using it, too. Until Snooze actually says "Will you call me this", he won't be too sure. Sounds like a thing friends, allies, use. Mitz wouldn't be too sure of his place even as he helps them all. They're all a group. Mitz is the outlier. 
No, there'll likely be a little civil war. People who fight against Joe's dogma and the people who are rabidly fanatical even as Joe's body burns in the Wasteland. Jet just has to be on the right side. (Well. It might not be up to him what people decide he is.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:08 am

That isn't going to change, no matter what Mitz thinks. (Well, Mitz is pretty freaky in this 'verse. He's long since broken. Meta Mouse is not used to him being quite /this/ broken.)

He plans. But the Doctor often ruins those plans. Proving the Master's point, there.

Mitz knows what life is like out here. He's seen.
It won't be "will you call me this", it will be more like "you can call me this", with the unspoken 'if you want'. Also, hey, if Mitz is an outlier, Snooze is the outlier outlier, because Mitz is the one who brought Snooze along on this mad thing. Snooze is only still around because he won't go away.
Jet is not used to picking a side. He's been on the dominant side for so long, it'll be strange having /choice/. (With a decent disguise he can at least pretend to be some schmuck for a while, until he can make a choice about who he wants to be. Tell the world, "no, /this/ is who I am", that sort of thing. Very Emma Swan.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:20 am

Time has a way of changing things. Sires always lose their proteges. They move on. It's the way things go. (That and he's all dead smelling and obsessed with her.) 

He is barely proving anything! But the Master is so obsessed with victory that he can't see that. 

He's seen. But he's only ever lived the life he had. 
Mitz would see it more like, really, he's the only one who doesn't want to run away. He wants to die, yes, but only to be feasting in Valhalla. Everyone else wants to run away from the life Mitz knows. 
Mitz will push him to choose the right one. Please be on my side, please, I need people I know. Nearly everyone he calls brother would be fanatical and would be against him. (Seize your own happy ending, Max.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:31 am

Not to be offensive or anything, but Mitz doesn't have a big frame of reference here. It's possible that's /not/ the way things go. (She /did/ save his unlife at considerable risk to herself, she's got to be aware of a little hero worship in that case. The dead smelling thing will get better the more he's got a steady food source.)

The Master is obsessed with victory because for a long time, victory was survival. It still is.

He lived rougher when he took off across the desert with the wives. Did they even have any food?
That's still wanting to run away. Run away into the arms of death -- that's still running away. He's just running to a different place than they are.
And once Jet picks a side, I would think that would swing a whole faction. (The instant he sees Jet weaving his wordly magic over a crowd, he'll know his choice. There's no walking away from that dweeb.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 am

He's almost sure he's right. People leave. That's the way things go. (He'll get better! Promise!) 

No, it isn't. Diplomacy is survival, now. Specifically the Master should be a little more diplomatic when it comes to interacting with the Doctor in front of people. Common sense is a useful thing, so the Doctor has heard. 

Nah, they had Mother's Milk. 'S better, probably. And sometimes lizards'd be found when they stopped. Mitz always gave them to one of the girls. He can go longer without food. 
He doesn't think so. He's running to find his place, to be accepted. Not to get away. He doesn't see it as an end like they do. 
I think you could be very very right. (Amazing use of dweeb out of the blue, that is delightful. And yes. Max in the crowd, smiling and shaking his head as Jet turns people away from Joe's dogma as effectively as he brainwashed them into it.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:48 pm

Not all people. Seth -- well. Seth doesn't have a big frame of reference either. But not all people leave. A lot of them will die, which is kind of leaving. But not all of them will. Some of them will just keep on being around. (Of course he will. Until they die and leave him.)

Since when has the Master wanted to possess anything /common/?

That's pretty lucky. Wildcat planned that pretty well, taking off with a milk truck.
They're all running to find their place, too. Mitz doesn't think of death as an end?
But of course, Jet doesn't want a position of power. Influence is okay. Power is not something he's ever wanted. (People are always looking for something to believe in. These days, though, Max isn't looking for dogma. He'll humour Jet and all his teachings and learnings. It'll be much more interesting for Jet now that Max is a thinker, too.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 pm

This...this seems like something that will cause Mitz and Seth to fight. (Which they undoubtedly will!) 

Frustrated sigh. Oh, yes, by all means latch onto a single word instead of listening to what the Doctor is saying. 

Mitz shrugs. Think it was just that though? Just luck. Could've been anything in that rig. 
Nah. Not if it's the right death. If it's the right death then he'll get to feast with the heroes of his time. 
He may have to live with that for a while. At least until either the Master or the Doctor step up. (A thinker, yes, but is he a talker and a learner as well?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Or Seth can just prove it by sticking around. (Maybe they'll have kids he can watch over. Or Mouse's pride, he can be like their avenging angel for the rest of existence.)

The Doctor is never going to agree that he wants to win. It's not seemly. The Doctor likes his compromises and his pleases and thank yous. But things run so much smoother when there's a victory.

No, Jerel bets the Wildcat thought it through. She wanted to get picked for that mission. Jerel never paid much attention to the Imperators except when he was stitching them up, but he knows they always squabbled over who went on which trip.
Isn't that still wanting to get away from the life he's living now?
He'll try to be a subtle kind of powerful, then. He'll try to make other people think they came up with ideas. He's all about the empowerment. (He can talk, but he doesn't have much to say. As for learning -- well, he's just starting out. He might get better at it. He might not.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

Yes, alright. That will probably fix everything, Seth's right. (Probably the pride. I don't really know how sane, or how family friendly, Mitz will stay as Mouse and Snooze's children grow up to adults.) 

Heavens, the Master does seem to think that the Doctor is both weak /and/ naive, doesn't he? 'Not seemly', indeed. The Doctor scoffs. 

Doesn't seem right to imagine Imperators squabblin' like regular pups, Mitz shrugs. Even if they don't have any power anymore. 
The life he's living now is just a step. 
There we go! Perfection. (He will. Max has the ability. He clearly has the desire.) 
Okay so. I've been playing the Mad Max game pretty much constantly since I got it and the world is great and I would be lying if I didn't spend €75 just to have a better grasp on the universe in general. And I have this idea that Jacob and Helen and the boys were actually part of a colony ages away called The Still Haven and it's almost like it's a legend in itself because it's a place where scavengers can go and they don't have to worry about people around them taking their scrap or food or water, where people share. And it probably wasn't like that at all? But because it got razed when Jerel made sure him and Mitz were snatched, people are full of all kinds of stories about it. What do you think?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Man, Seth has never heard Mitz be quite so sarcastic. That was really impressive. (They won't -- well I know Snooze won't react well to growing older without Mitz. He'll be a mess if Mitz grows distant.)

The Doctor places a lot of emphasis pn appearances.

A lot of them were idiots. Jerel used to have to patch them up after a tiff.
But he's still like them in that he's looking for something better. Working for something better.
He's got some kind of desire, sure. Mostly for food. Wry grin.
I think that makes a lot of sense and it sounds appropriate for the world. I'm sure there's always legends of places like that. Jerel'd hate hearing people talk about it, though. He wouldn't correct people out loud - doesn't want to make a fuss while his place is so tenuous - but it'd make him grumble or walk away. He'd never believe other peoples' stories. He was only a kid with unreliable memories, but he'd never believe the stories.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:28 am

Mitz looks surprised. Oh. Sorry. He's very used to just agreeing to avoid a fight, but no-one usually notices. He blinks slowly, then lifts a shoulder. He's trying the shrugging thing because Snooze looks so graceful when he does that. Sorry, Seth. (Mitz will be around! He just might not be, y'know, Mitz by the end of it all.) 

The Doctor doesn't agree with that assessment, Master. Very rarely, actually, does the Doctor care about that kind of thing. 

Mitz's face screws uncomfortably. Uh, yeah. If Jerel says so. 
He's fulfilling his purpose. 
And that charm will no doubt win him some grit when Max really needs it. But he knows what Jet was saying. 
Yessssss Jerel trying to stay out of fights is one of my favorite things about that, to be honest. Keeping his mouth shut and walking away can be the hardest thing for Jerel to do sometimes.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down