[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Sun May 03, 2015 12:40 am

"Bacon," Snooze says, like he's had an absolute revelation. He looks at Mitz like he's a shooting star.

Jerel laughs. Sounds like there's stories under those words.

With a great deal of bravery, Jerel says, "I think I want." He nods. "Yeah. This weekend has been -- really, really something else. A whole lot more than I expected. And I don't want it to be over?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 am

Mitz covers his mouth because he is this close to laughing loudly enough that he'd alert his mother to their presence. "Bacon," he wheezes, amused, nodding his head.

Oh, a bunch. Ask Dickie about some stories some time. He's got a bunch. Most of Jason's involve huge fights, not so funny as they are exciting.

"Neither do I," Dick says warmly. He decides he'll try to talk about being or not being a secret later, when they've both come down from the kissing and admittance of feelings high.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun May 03, 2015 1:05 am

Snooze swings their hands together. "Thank you," he says, quiet because Mitz is apparently trying to be quiet as well.

Well, he's asking Jason now. Come on, hang out. Jerel told him a story, he teases.

Jerel kisses Dick again, as deep as they both please, as long as they can. He breathes through his nose and runs his fingers up into Dick's hair. It's so strange to be kissing someone with short hair. Strange and new and exciting.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun May 03, 2015 8:52 am

Mitz wants to thank Snooze back, but they reach the door and his voice disappears. He opens the door but doesn't really walk Snooze out. "...so. Uh. Tomorrow?"

Jason waves his hand. His and Kory's boyfriend, Roy, he's a good kid but he's nothing like Kory. Or Jason, for that matter. He likes to try to hide that he's a sensitive type but it doesn't really stick with either of them, right, because...Jason doesn't know. They know him, he guesses. But most of the time Kory just shits on all his problems. And Jason's an asshole and he laughs most of the time. There's the story. Sorry, sunshine, told you it wasn't interesting.

Dick leans into Jerel's hand, which breaks the kiss but Jerel's hand is just as good.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 04, 2015 1:27 am

Snooze stands on the other side of the door, on the front porch, and smiles at Mitz. "Tomorrow," he says firmly. "What time would you like me to come over?"

(it's funny because I like mainlined season 1 of Arrow today and Roy is /so sensitive/ omg 100% accurate) Hey, it's still pretty interesting, Jason shrugs. Making a three person thing work's always going to be interesting, even outside the sex. Interesting's probably not even right, it's probably more like fascinating, really.

Jerel presses his forehead to Dick's and works his fingers across Dick's scalp. "So this is for real now," he murmurs.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon May 04, 2015 10:18 am

"I think dinner is at six or seven," Mitz says, unsure, rubbing his arm. "Do you want to come over at six? If dinner is at seven then, then you don't have to talk to anyone for an hour or anything. We'll go back to the game. It'll be fine."

(SNORT) Jason chuckles. Yeah, he doesn't know. It's weird, mostly. Like he couldn't do the relationship thing at all for so long that now he's making up for it? Probably. Either that or people need a buffer for him, another person to go to so they can decompress.

Dick's eyelids flutter and he's so glad Jerel is too close to see. "Awesome," he says, eloquently. "For real-real? Even when we get back to school and stuff?" He guesses they're having that talk now anyway.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 pm

"Six will work." Snooze finally, reluctantly, lets go of Mitz's hand and starts to back away, off the porch. "Goodnight. Thank you."

(precious slum trash baby) Maybe it takes more than one person to take care of Jason, Jerel grins. Nothing wrong with that.

Jerel brushes a kiss over Dick's cheek. "Yeah," he says, and his own smile is widening. "Yeah, for real-real, at school, outside of it. Everything. I really like you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Mitz ducks his head, smiling. "'S okay. I mean, thank /you/. See you tomorrow."

(Ollie's widdle sensitive sidekick) Sounds pretty fuckin' accurate, too, Jason grins back though a little rueful.

Dick playfully pushes Jerel's shoulder. "Shut up!" He laughs. "Seriously? We're doing this. I'm on board, I am /for/ it. But you had me, like, /nervous/. I've been doing flying trapeze tricks since I was three; I don't get nervous. You made me nervous." He's very enthusiastic and happy about the whole thing.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue May 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Snooze gives Mitz a tiny wave, a little smile just for him.

Like Jerel said, nothing wrong with that. Jerel's known people in, like, eight-pronged relationships. Imagine how political that must get, he grins.

Jerel laughs. He shifts and twists until they're not leaning in that awkward position anymore, and they can move move naturally together. "I've been told that being nervous means that you really, really care about the outcome," he says, and his grin at Dick is more like a beam.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue May 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Mitz watches Snooze walk home, then closes the door and blinks in the dark of the hallway. Is his fake dinner date with Snooze now a real dinner date with Snooze and is he man enough to ask Jerel for advice? Answers: Currently unknown and very no.

What. The fuck. Eight? How much dick does one person need?

"Duh," Dick teases fondly. He leans into Jerel, mostly because he can. "So I was cute enough for the pie and the kisses, huh?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue May 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Snooze absolutely has a bounce in his step as he walks back to his house. He lets himself in and immediately finds Romana and apologises for taking so long, but he thinks that tomorrow night he might have a date? A -- meet the parents real date. Maybe.

Jerel snickers. He thinks a bunch of it was about emotional needs as well as physical. Jerel provided a bit of well-paid dick, so clearly someone's needs weren't getting met.

Jerel fumbles around, suddenly remembering the pie. "You were cute enough to make me completely forget about the pie," he accuses, but he's teasing too.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed May 06, 2015 9:22 am

Romana won't mind; Snooze was probably 15 minutes late at most and she had a 30 minute allowance applied in her head. She would be very happy for Snooze if he tells her about all that, but also she might /gently/ warn him that it might not be the most pleasant meet the parents night ever. She doesn't know the Stillhavens very well but she's lived next to them long enough to know that they would not be the best hosts.

Holy shit. See, /that's/ what sounds like a story, not what Jason said.

"Score," Dick says easily. "Go ahead. I think I'm still a little high from the kissing. I'm totally going to go back to using you as a pillow, though."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed May 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes, Mitz has already warned Snooze that it might be a difficult night. But Snooze thinks he has dealt with unpleasant dinners before, and this one will have Mitz, so it should not be lonely, at least.

Jerel laughs. Yeah, maybe, but Jason's has actual heart to it, so.

"Just before you do that," Jerel says. He leans in and kisses Dick, a lingering, warm kiss. Now he can do that, he wants to do it constantly. He can deal with being a pillow and feeding Dick pie from above, so long as he still has the taste of Dick on his lips.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Should Snooze and Romana be planning to have an answering dinner with Mitz some night?

Yeah, fuck that. It doesn't make for a good story.

Dick's eyes take a little longer to open after that. "Mm. Yeah, I was right," he nods, then leans into Jerel again. He's warm all over anyway from all the kissing but it's nice to share heat like this, too. "You can do that /whenever/ you want."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Snooze would like that very much, he says, almost /shyly/. He and Mitz are planning on some kind of picnic, too. Snooze has never actually been on a picnic, so.

Heart makes for a better story than head, snicker.

(these guys seem almost done for the moment, don't they? making out and pie eating ensues, and then they head back to the house?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat May 09, 2015 3:03 am

Romana is happy for him. That being said, she's afraid she's going to have to be cautious and fun-killing. Their picnic might have to be confined to the back yard.

Depends on who's giving either, really.

(That is fair, yeah. I don't know what's going to happen back at the house, though. Mitz and Snooze will likely be holed up in the room, playing cards. Jacob will no doubt be talking with his parents about what he and Helen have planned for the boys' education [accompanied by tuts or murmurs of assent].)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat May 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Why? Snooze frowns slightly. They do have a tree and a lawn, it would work. But there are parks in town.

Well that's pretty true. There are some hearts that you reaaaaaaaally just wouldn't wanna touch with a ten foot pole in this town. Twenty foot even.

(I wonder if anyone will notice the difference between Jerel and Dick that morning and Jerel and Dick in the afternoon?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 am

Romana knows that. Call her...overprotective. She just thinks that maybe her son and his--new friend shouldn't be going off for a romantic picnic alone just yet.

Got a few creepy admirers along the way, sunshine?

(Mitz would. Everyone else would just think they're making out a little more, no big deal.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun May 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Snooze is not used to being told no, to someone caring what he does. He doesn't understand why Romana is saying no now, and he folds his arms and waits for an explanation.

Oh, yeah. About a truckload of old creeps offering to 'get Jerel out of this life' so long as Jerel came into their dungeons and continued doing everything he'd have been doing beforehand, just not for money or with any freedom or choice. He rolls his eyes.

(Nobody else would really know how Jerel usually acts. Mitz probably has fully notarised files.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon May 11, 2015 11:16 am

Romana raises both eyebrows in surprise. Snooze, he recently got into a fight with one of the boys in school, over the Stillhaven boy. If he's known to be somewhere, unsupervised, with the same boy then... She fully recognises that she's being paranoid, Snooze, stop looking at her like that please.

Jason laughs, loudly, and doesn't stop laughing for a very long time. Oh man. Hah. ...sorry. He wipes his eyes. Jason /just/ realised that's what happened between Bruce and him. That's fucking hilarious. He wishes he had been taping this conversation.

(Not actual notarised files. That's Helen. Mitz just has it all filed automatically in his brainplace.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 11, 2015 11:26 am

No, Snooze wants to hear the rest of what she was going to say. Then what? People will think Snooze is spending time with someone who has been bullied for most of his life?

Jerel snorts. Well apparently it worked out relatively okay for Jason, huh? More okay than it does for a bunch of kept boys who don't get to leave, anyway.

(Probably still with sticky notes, just mental ones.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon May 11, 2015 11:46 am

What makes Snooze think that anyone is going to care about the truth about Mitz's life when all it looks like from the outside is that he's a bad influence on Snooze, and Romana is letting it all happen. Snooze and her know the truth, but someone that doesn't always win a case. She would be seen as negligent, Snooze. She can't let that happen.

Let's say 'yes' on that count, only because complaining about Jason's life now makes him sound like the basement boys have it cushy.

(he does it automatically he's sorry)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 11, 2015 11:55 am

Snooze does not think it is possible for Mitz to be a bad influence on /anyone/. But he will respect Romana's wishes, as he always tries to do.

No one really has a cushy life except for one percenters with no consciences, so Jason can complain all he wants. Like, Jerel's a hundred percent certain that in the scale of sex work, Jerel had it pretty good, but it still wasn't good relative to other stuff, you know? Comparing sucks.

(it's okay, it just means that Jerel feels penned in under all this observation sometimes)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 pm

Romana gives him a grateful look. It's only until social services give her a date for the meeting about the fight. After that life will return to normal and Snooze can go to the park whenever he likes, with whoever he likes.

Jason hums, nodding. Yeah, okay, he gets it now. He gets why him and Jerel work.

(Shhhhh Jerel you do it too)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue May 12, 2015 1:10 pm

Snooze wraps his arms around himself. He is sorry to have caused the trouble.

Jerel raises his eyebrows. Huh? Is it the bleeding heart thing or something?

(he totally does, but when he catches himself doing it he pretty much turns around the other way and goes over all lazy and unobservant for a very determined period of time)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed May 13, 2015 7:40 am

Romana raises both eyebrows. Snooze... This is trouble that Romana doesn't mind. It's just something that social services mind. She sits forward, hoping that Snooze will come closer. Snooze, she's not angry. She's just cautious.

Jerel hadn't noticed that about Dickie?

(Jerel give in to your Stillhaven tendencies)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed May 13, 2015 4:59 pm

He gives her a blank look, his expression carefully controlled. But she is angry as well. Snooze -- beat up another kid. No matter his reason for doing it, he still did it.

Yeah, he's noticed that Dick's got a soft -- continent, rather than a soft spot. Jerel was just wondering if that was what Jason meant.

(nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu deniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiial)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu May 14, 2015 8:22 am

Romana's heart breaks a little, but she tries to understand how Snooze might be feeling right now and why he would want to close himself off so obviously. Yes, she says slowly, Snooze beat up another kid. He did that. But he did that because that other child was cruel and he was hurting his friend. Of course Romana thinks that Snooze could have found another way to strike that child without fighting him, but if he had to fight then that was the best reason for it.

Don't get Jason wrong, Dick is as hard as nails and better when he wants to be. Just like the rest of them. But... yeah. He's always been the softest. Emotionally speaking. He needs that from someone else, you know?

(stop that Jeremiah, it'll leave a nasty stain on your psyche)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu May 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Snooze relaxes a little. He was so worried that Romana didn't actually understand or believe him, why he did it, that maybe she thought he was just being violent. He knows she'd defend him even then but it does help a lot to hear that she understands. Snooze says, he wants her to know, he did try other ways. He did try just talking, just getting Mitz out of the situation. He tried. He promises.

Well, Jerel's happy to provide the gooey marshmallow centre. He thinks -- yeah, he thinks he probably needs it, too. There's only so long you can go without, you know?

(hissssssssssssssssssss)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri May 15, 2015 10:12 am

She believes him. Romana holds out her hands, never initiating contact when they're talking about serious things like this but always extending the invitation, and looks Snooze in the eyes. Snooze, she really does believe him. And she'll be saying that to the social worker when they come.

Nope, Jason says happily. Well, okay, he gets that Dick and Jerel might need that. But gooey centers have never really been Jason's thing.

(*gets the Jerel net*)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri May 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Snooze relaxes properly and takes Romana's hands. He wishes he could be more normal for her.

Jerel figures that some people have the goo and some people have the spiky jagged edges that can only be fitted with other peoples' spiky jagged edges.

(the WILD JEREL fled!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat May 16, 2015 11:35 am

Romana smiles and squeezes Snooze's fingers. She loves Snooze exactly how he is. Normal isn't something he should ever try to be or he'll end up holding himself back.

Jason rolls his eyes, grinning, then makes a gagging noise.

(dammit this always happens)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat May 16, 2015 11:07 pm

Snooze uses their joined hands to slide in and hug Romana. Thank you for your support. Thank you for -- for -- Snooze can't actually say 'for saying you love me'.

Jerel cackles. He thinks he probably read that in a magazine somewhere.

(he's especially sensitive to Repel)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 am

Romana wraps herself around Snooze, then pulls him back with her so that they can hug and be on the couch together. (she's on a couch now if she wasn't before) Even if it weren't her responsibility to support Snooze, Romana would be there for him. She can't wait to see what kind of man he'll grow to be and she wants to help every step of the way.

Ugh, christ, that was pretty bad. That was like--maybe even Dick would make a face at that one. (He wouldn't.)

(Hmmm gonna have to get some bait)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun May 17, 2015 10:29 pm

Snooze folds down next to her and cuddled into her, and he hugs her tight and sighs. He is so very glad to have Romana. He was so lucky to be placed with her, he thinks of it every day. He -- loves her.

Jerel mockingly scowls at him. Oh, no, too soppy even for Dick? Jerel had better try to reel it in.

(dirty magazines should do it)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 am

(Didn't Romana just adopt Snooze instead of fostering him? Not that it matters. That's just always how I figured it.) She loves him back. That's why she's being very odd and twitchy about everything right now. Sorry, she adds.

Only around Jason, if you don't mind.

(Jerel :[)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon May 18, 2015 11:27 pm

(I'm pretty sure it was a brief fostering and they clicked so well that Romana started the adoption process as soon as she could? That was how it was in the original one I think.) Snooze is sure that they can get through this. As a -- family, as the family that they are now.

Yeah, Dick pretty much brings it out in Jerel, he'd have a bunch of trouble repressing it around him. Jerel grins crookedly. He'll bro it up for Jason, don't worry.

(Very Happy?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 am

(Cool, that works. I just forgot.) Almost /definitely/, Romana says warmly and vehemently. She hugs Snooze a little longer, then eases up. She's very glad he's made a friend like the Mitz, even if he did get in trouble. Anyway, how does Snooze feel about some hot chocolate?

Oh, man, Jerel had better. Jason can only handle so much of this crap and at least he can kick Dick's ass when it gets too much for him. Jason can't touch a hair on Jerel's pretty little head.

(Jeremiah :[)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue May 19, 2015 8:15 pm

He is in favour of it as a general rule, and especially when his hands are particularly empty, he assures her. He gives her that little smile of his that he honestly means.

Jerel flutters his eyelashes, and then he laughs. Aw, come on, Dick'd totally just laugh it off if Jason even tried.

(*flees*)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed May 20, 2015 10:41 am

Romana pats him on the shoulders. Very well, then. Up. Snooze can froth the milk and get the marshmallows.

Jason grins, raising his eyebrows. Holy shit, Jerel really does think his boyfriend--Nightwing, by the way, since he's obviously forgotten--wouldn't kick the shit out of Jason if anything happened to Jerel. That's...fuck, that's adorable.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu May 21, 2015 12:16 am

She is only saying that because she no longer knows where the marshmallows are with all of Snooze's constant rearranging. He promises, one day the kitchen will be arranged to his liking and he will leave it alone.

Jerel hasn't forgotten a thing. 'If anything happened to Jerel' is totally different from 'if Jason messed with Jerel', because Jason's playing. So Jason's not used to being trusted, huh?

oh my god I got home like three hours ago and I only just got the internet working O_O
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu May 21, 2015 8:05 am

Romana likes the constant rearranging. It keeps reminding her that she needs to redo the kitchen at some point.

He's trusted, sunshine. Just not with everything. None of them are.

what happen
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Snooze's smile widens. That sounds like it could be fun. Frustrating while they are remodelling, for sure, but thoroughly excellent after. Romana may have difficulty getting Snooze /out/ of the kitchen.

Yeah, well, Jerel's pretty sure that Jason's trusted not to mess with Jerel. And Jerel's trusted not to mess with Jason, too. Dick's pretty much at /least/ as protective of Jason as he is of Jerel. If not more.

thunderstorm :S
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri May 22, 2015 10:28 am

Why would she want to get him out of there? Snooze keeps her well fed and it make him happy to fiddle around with cooking. That would be like trying to get Snooze to stop his morning run, too.

Jason snorts. Oh, boy. You're cute, sunshine.

Oh, well, at least it's a pretty reason?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat May 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Oh, only because it is new and expensive, Snooze would think, she would not want him to ruin anything. As for stopping him when he is allowed, he thinks that would be fairly well impossible except in excessive conditions.

So now Jason's acting like he's about twenty-seven years older than Jerel, he snickers.

it would've been if I'd been able to see it but I was trying to fix the stupid internet :\
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next