[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:32 am

"Honestly, if we could speak of the physics behind the sport then you would find me greaty interested," Jacob said with an answering smile, mistaking Snooze's affection for Mitz as enthusiasm.
Mitz smiles back at Snooze, then frowns at his food. What if his father prefers Snooze's company to Mitz's? ...he wonders if Jacob will let Mitz join their conversations.
"Jacob, stop," Helen says sharply. "Junior clearly doesn't want you to bond with his--hm. Are you two merely courting or are you indeed calling eah other boyfriends? There is always a syntax isssue, isn't there."
"Mother," Mitz whispers, nearly pleading, embarrassed on many levels.

Yeah, how about no to that.

Damian smiles, thinking of how sweet Colin will seem in the winter, swimming in his huge and warm jacket. "If you like it, please get it as well as the shirt," Damian says simply. He won't share his mental image with Colin. There would be no point.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:45 pm

(You know what, in thinking about it I would say that sniper!Snooze had to be very, very good at mathematics and physics to be good at his work. So I think that must mean that Snooze does have an aptitude for those subjects - but in this 'verse, his education in them is all over the place. Mitz might be able to help him out with that...)
Snooze takes Mitz's hand on top of the table, only gently. It's an impulsive gesture but it feels right, it feels good. If Mitz won't look directly at him then he searches Mitz's profile, but if Mitz does look, then he offers him a small smile. It's okay, he wants to say. "We are boyfriends. Yes?" he says out loud. He doesn't let go of Mitz's hand. Then he blinks, and breaks his gaze. He re-focuses on Jacob. "I only know a little of the physics, I am afraid."

Jason feels so many feels.

Colin basically cuddles the jacket, still being careful not to crush the nice shirt. "I really don't need it yet," he hedges. Then he grins at Damian. "But I do like it. And these kinds of places - it might not be here any more by the time I do need it. Right?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:31 am

(Mitz loves going over things like that with Snooze in every verse. Especially since Snooze is actually really great at maths and physics and chess, more so than he seems to think he is. Mitz gets a kick out of it.)
Mitz does meet Snooze's eyes and, quite frankly, melts. It's almost like they are boyfriends, properly. Mitz touches his thumb against Snooze's hand, nearly stroking but too conscious about it, looking at Snooze like he hung the stars. "Yes," he whispers, agreeing and wishing in equal measure.
Jacob continues at though none of this has happened; it's possible he didn't even notice any drama. "Ohh. You get by on instinct. That is just as interesting, though not my area of expertise. I do wonder," he says, pointing his fork at Snooze in contemplation. "If discussing the physics of the sport would make you worse or better?"

The hell he does.

"It may even be gone tomorrow. It is only right that you get it now," Damian nods, nearly smiling at Colin needing to be talked into it. "It will only come to a few dollars, anyway. And this is a secondhand store; they will take it from you if you choose to re-donate it. Isn't that how it works?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Snooze continues to hold Mitz's hand as he looks at Jacob. He can feel his heart beating high in his throat. "It might make me think about it more. I, too, am unsure about whether it would help or hurt. If I could become so well-versed in the subject as to make it habit, rather than active thought, then /that/ might help. But - I have not had much grounding in physics. It seems unlikely."

He feels things so deeply it's all he can do to deny it~.

"True, that's true," Colin says, pleased. "It's not like it's going to be a waste of money or anything. And there's room for me to keep growing into it, too," he adds, shaking the coat out to measure it out. "Okay. Awesome. First place we go and we get a double score! I should bring you shopping with me more often."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:53 am

Jacob's eyes twinkle. Legit. "How do you feel about experimenting just a little to see?"
Mitz has taken to staring at his and Snooze's hands. He wonders, vaguely, if it would be weird if he took out his phone and took a picture.
Helen makes a thoughtful noise, but doesn't comment. This makes Mitz and Jacob look at her, almost wary, but when no judgment comes they look away. They probably don't notice they do this. No doubt Jerel has his own reaction.

He doesn't think so~.

Damian chuckles. "I have a hunch that maybe you just needed me to talk you into getting what you like," he shrugs one shoulder. "But so be it. I have enjoyed this. I have never come to one of these places."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:55 pm

It would be weird to take a picture, but Snooze would also be absolutely enchanted by it. His nerves have settled considerably with the touch, and it's definitely making him Think about how good it feels. He doesn't let any of that Thinking show, though, as he answers Jacob. "It has been some time since I have challenged myself with archery. It might be interesting."

Jason is a Feelings Machine. He churns out the Feelings like clockwork. Unpredictable, strong clockwork. Okay, not like clockwork at all. And not really a machine. Jason is a Feelings.

"It's nice to look at clothes with someone. I trust you with a whole lot more than whether I look good in clothes, so it's easy to trust you with this," Colin smiles at him, totally besotted and forgetting to hide it and be normal in public.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:31 pm

"Interesting is right," Jacob nods, pleased. He opens his mouth to continue, but Helen interrupts.
"Ah. That was the first time it had been brought up, I see," she says, then takes a mouthful of food. She considers Mitz and Snooze carefully. Mitz squirms a little under her gaze. "It's strange to me that you had not settled on that before deciding it was time to be introduced to the family." She doesn't talk to Mitz. Even she knows that it wouldn't really have been Mitz's idea.

He is a Feelings and he hates it and stop saying it.

If only Damian could box up that smile and keep it for himself. "I appreciate that level of trust you have placed with me, Colin," he says honestly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Snooze squeezes Mitz's hand hard as Helen stares at them like that. Are they discovered? No, surely not. Snooze has been practically forgetting that they are /not/ boyfriends; she could not possibly have worked out that this was an act for the school dance. "We only had not put voice to the idea," Snooze offers, knowing that Mitz won't say anything. He is struck, suddenly, by the idea that Mitz is probably expecting Snooze to deny him, there, when given the opportunity. Well. He won't.

Everyone around him loves it though, they are delighted when they discover it.

"I know you do." Colin bumps Damian's shoulder as he starts to head for the cash register. "You don't take it for granted. You're really awesome that way. I like that."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:32 am

"Hm," Helen says, sitting back on her chair to consider this for a moment. "That doesn't seem a very efficient way of doing things."
"We got distracted," Mitz offers quickly, not wanting Snooze to have to bear all of this stress. Helen's eyebrow raises.
"Distracted."
"Not---not like that," Mitz mumbles, going bright red.

uggggh no whyyyyy are the feeling happen

"I," Damian starts, then clears his throat and straightens his posture. "I am glad that you enjoy my company enough to come to these conclusions." That was probably the wrong thing to say. What would someone say to such a thing?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Snooze shoots Mitz a shy smile, kind of thrilled at the thought that they could have been distracted /like that/.
Jerel barks a laugh. "Apparently at least a little like that." He gestures to Mitz and Snooze and smirks. "I'm no psychobabbler but even I can read that body language."
Snooze relaxes his grip on Mitz's hand and sweeps his thumb across Mitz's knuckles. He is beginning to understand why Mitz didn't want to do this, was so upset about having to do this. "Perhaps a little like that," he says. He's only too happy to play into it if it will make Mitz feel better. It makes him feel better; it's like they're united.

Because Jason is a Feeling magnet.

Colin bounces on the balls of his feet and beams at Damian. "I love your company." Then he's off to pay for his shirt and jacket before he can get all blushy and dumb and say something about the party, because he doesn't want to ruin -- anything. If he's too weird about it then Damian won't want to go even now that he's promised Colin that Colin won't be going alone. Colin doesn't want to ruin anything.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Mitz takes an audible breath. Snooze's thumb sweeping over his skin like that was the most intimate thing he could have ever imagined and it happened in front of his whole family. Mitz is not sure how he feels about that. At least, he doesn't know how he feels about it until he sees Snooze's smile.
He really wishes this was real.
"Do not use that term, Jeremiah," Helen scolds straight away. "It's not even a real word."

He fucking is and he hates it.

Damian looks away when Colin leaves to pay. He doesn't know how to take that statement. Was it a lie? No-one /loves/ Damian's company. He doesn't care, he decides. He loves Colin's company. He truly wishes that he could be with him at the dance, but he would not want Colin to be teased. He made the right choice. He knows that Colin will have fun with Stephanie. It should not, he feels, seem like such a sad choice.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Mitz's little gasp makes Snooze feel hot under the collar.
Jerel chortles, pleased to have gotten a rise out of Helen, and spears another mouthful of casserole. "You babble. And you're psycho. Psychic? Which do you prefer?"

Too bad we love it so much.

With an appropriate shirt and a jacket he probably shouldn't have bought but is extremely pleased to have (and he wishes summer wasn't so hot so he could just wrap himself up in it already), Colin returns to Damian. "Cool. That's done! What do you want to do now? Where do you want to go? Anything you want to buy?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:10 am

Mitz and Snooze just blushing together at the table, holding hands and occasionally sharing tiny smiles.
"Jeremiah," Helen starts, calm but only on the surface. "You know exactly what you're doing. Please don't pretend to be an idiot, no-one believes you."

TOO BAD JAYJAY he hates me now

"I don't think I need anything right now," Damian says like he doesn't have a stylist and a personal shopper. "But I would rather we didn't cut the spree off now. Would you like to head further downtown?" Damian would love to get Colin something that he thinks he could never have.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:17 pm

Relying on each other is the best way to get through this. At least Helen hasn't made Snooze cry or anything.
Jerel laughs, but it's a jagged sort of laugh, rough around the edges. "But that's how I get my kicks."

Yeah come on Sin only Dick gets to call him Jayjay. Or babyjay, that one always goes down well.

"Sure, I'm up for a walk." Colin beams at Damian and nudges him. "Should we get ice-cream? We could wander towards the park?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 am

Mitz is going to nudge Snooze and jerk his head to the door just about when Jerel and Helen really get into it. That's usually when he leaves. He used to try to get them to stop but it never works.
Helen's eyebrow twitches. "Is it. Pretending you're as banal and vapid as the teenagers you surround yourself with at school, that's what lifts your spirits? Couldn't you be more like Junior and have at least one friend that might stimulate you?" She motions to Mitz and Snooze without looking at them. Mitz looks worried and is just about to ask her to stop talking when she speaks again. "Of course, it took him a little longer than normal to make a single friend but he managed it. Surely out of all the little sycophants you have swarming around you, you could manage to have someone that allows you to shine like the genius you /are/, Jeremiah."
Mitz winces. He looks at Jerel with genuine solidarity and sympathy, fighting the urge to hide in Snooze's shoulder.

BABYJAY. BAEJAY.

"I see no reason why we could not do both," Damian shrugs elegantly, showing off a little. "We have the day. I think we should do as you like."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:07 am

Snooze has finished his casserole by now, so he's ready to slip out whenever Mitz is. He does not want to be here for the fighting, if that's what this is devolving into. He hates people fighting right in front of him; it makes him very stiff. He squeezes Mitz's hand tightly when Mitz fidgets and twitches at Helen's snipping.
Jerel throws back his head and laughs, grating and loud. He settles back into his chair. "Trust me, Helen, if I did have someone, you would never know about them. You'd never see them, I'd never mention them, and I certainly wouldn't bring them here to face the dragon." If he causes enough of a hassle, Mitz can leave without being tutted at.

That's 100% a more recent development. Dick latches on to cultural phenomena, I'll bet, especially pet name stuff.

"As we like," Colin corrects him, but gently. He swings his bag of clothes. "Then let's go. Hey, maybe we can head down the boardwalk if it doesn't get too hot."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 am

Jacob's taken out a book, which he must have had ready for this very moment, and is reading while picking at his green beans. It's like nothing is happening around him. Helen turns to face Jerel properly.
"Jeremiah, your tough act is impressive. I will grant you that much. I blame myself for your skill in building emotional walls; you know what bricks to use and where to place them so that no-one knows the truth," she waves her hand, dismissive. "I admit to not knowing the truth. But I know you aren't telling it fully." She pauses to take a drink of water, then scoffs under her breath: "'Dragon'."
Mitz sighs quietly, then tugs at Snooze's sleeve to get him out. They aren't even looking at them any more. It's fine. By the time Jerel and her are finished she would have forgotten why they were having dinner in the first place.

Dick is brimming with unnecessary social zeitgeist buzzwords and HE LOVES IT

"We'll walk in that direction," Damian decides. There are all kinds of shops, and not just thrift stores, on the way. "Would you like to get something to eat as well?" That's what people do, he's sure of it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Snooze slides out of his seat with a sort of half-remembered ease. He hasn't had to sneak out of rooms for a long time, and it's uncomfortable to go back to it. But he'll follow Mitz's lead. It's good to get Mitz out of that room, anyway. Neither Helen nor Jerel seem to be paying much attention to what they're saying.
Jerel smirks a little. Helen never reveals the same chink in her armour twice, so she'll never react again to being called a dragon, but that was good. "I'm telling the truth when I say that if you ever come to know someone I care about, that'll be by accident." He eats the last of his veggies, apparently unconcerned.

Jason needs to confiscate his social media.

"I could always get something to eat," Colin grins. "What do you want to introduce me to today?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:30 pm

Mitz has an exit strategy, passing his father on the way out and patting him on the arm. Jacob doesn't notice. It doesn't bother Mitz. He's more concerned with getting Snooze to safe ground. Mitz's room should be okay until Jerel leaves the dinner table and decides to tease them, depending on how he deals with mother. Mitz chews on his lip and gives Snooze an embarrassed smile.
"And why would that be, Jeremiah?" Helen is genuinely interested.

He could try.

Damian chuckles. "I do not introduce you to much, Colin," he says, unsure if that's true. "I bought you mint chocolate chip ice cream last week. That, surely, is all."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Snooze slinks out behind Mitz, sure they'll be noticed and a little upset on Mitz's behalf when they aren't. He smiles back at Mitz, hoping he's reassuring. When they're well beyond the dining room door he reaches out and offers Mitz a hug, because he thinks that's what Romana might do in this situation.
"Because you'd rip them limb from limb," Jerel spells out like she's a small child.

He's pretty good at stuff.

"No way, there's a bunch of food I'd never tried before you said it was good. I've learned to trust you when you say it's good," Colin grins. "You're almost always right."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 am

Mitz is confused about /why/ he's getting a hug but he's not about to reject a hug. A hug for free. With seemingly no conditions. He's not even bleeding! Which is usually when Jerel would hug him when he was a lot younger. Even if his mother follows them upstairs to continue embarrassing Snooze and even if Jerel bursts into Mitz's room later to tease them, this night was amazing because he got to hug Snooze.
Helen laughs, once, and rolls her eyes. "Honestly, Jeremiah," she scoffs. "Don't be so dramatic. Junior's romantic interest is in one piece." She glances to Mitz's empty seat and the one beside it, then shrugs. "Enough to leave the table, it seems. I can be perfectly civil. Can you, I wonder?"

He's pretty good at lots of stuff. He's pretty great at more. But Dick's pretty good too.

"Almost," Damian echoes with a very slight smile. He likes that Colin teases without being mean or condescending like Damian's brothers can be. "Then we shall see what we find, I suppose. Do you want new shoes to go with your shirt?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Snooze takes the opportunity to hug Mitz probably for too long, but, well, they both have parental issues. Surely it's understandable.
Jerel snorts. "You'll never know, will you? Oh, am I throwing off your experiment?"

Jason gives him a sceptical look. Sudden compliments make him wary of Dick asking for something.

"Oh, no, these'll be fine." Colin kicks his sneakers. "It's a look, you know, suit with sneakers."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:37 am

Mitz doesn't know what too long feels like. He just feels safe. It's nice. He doesn't think about it. He doesn't think about how or when or why he pulls away from the hug, either. "Sorry about all that. And thanks. For," Mitz pauses, flaps his hand. "Everything."
Helen folds her hands in front of her and looks at Jerel. "Which experiment would that be, Jeremiah?"

Nah, Jason's thinking of someone else. Dick's a nice guy.

Damian looks a little affronted. "It is not," he says, scandalised. "Not--not really. If you do not want to buy shoes then you can borrow some of mine but sneakers aren't, shouldn't be, an option."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:52 pm

"Of course." Snooze rubs the back of his neck; the corner of his mouth curls up. "It was not so terrible. I have certainly had worse dinners."
"The one where you're trying to live a regular human life but really you're an alien observer," Jerel says brightly.

Dick definitely blackmails Jason with niceness sometimes. Or, like, is nice to him so Jason behaves nice in return. Jason's wise to his tricks.

Colin shuffles forward and slides his foot alongside Damian's, seeing if they're the same size. Their sides are all pressed together as he measures.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Mitz feels a rush of pity. "I'm sorry if that's true," he says quietly. He's had worse dinners. They left early. And they were lucky to be the ones to leave early. If it was his mother or Jerel to leave then it would have been more explosive. If his father left then only Mitz would notice and every time that happened it made him so sad, but he never really understands why. "But glad, at least, that you stayed."
Helen rolls her eyes. "Jeremiah, if you're going to attempt to insult please do so in a more creative fashion. You are much better than an 'alien observer' jab, as I'm sure you know."

Hey, woah. Is that how Jason sees it? Dick's just nice to him because he loves Jason. However Jason wants to treat him after that is up to him. But, y'know, hey! If that's a definite way to get Jason to be nice to him, Dick'll keep that in mind.

Damian's heart drops into his stomach, but he doesn't move away. "Is that...accurate?" he tries.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:12 pm

"You asked me to." Snooze realises, suddenly, they're in Mitz's bedroom and he has all these new things he can look at. "I may only be pretending to be your boyfriend, but I am, really, your friend. I would not leave you." He keeps his mouth firmly closed on how much he wouldn't leave Mitz if they really were boyfriends. Boy howdy, Mitz would barely ever get a moment alone.
"Nah. I'm a lowest common denominator kind of guy." Jerel leans back in his chair, pleased to have gotten a rise.

Uh huh. How well does Dick think that's gonna go down? Even Jason can hardly predict when he's gonna be nice, let's be real.

Colin's holding his breath. He hand settles on the small of Damian's back, like he's balancing himself. "Yeah, I think so. I mean, assuming you wear shoes that fit you." He hums, pretending to think about it, when it's completely obvious that they have similar-sized feet. Colin's are maybe a little broader, a little longer, but then, he's always been a bit of a flat foot. Too much wandering.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 am

Mitz smiles confusedly. That all sounds nice but it's not how Jerel's friends act with him. Sure, Mitz would go to the ends of the earth for Mouse if she asked, but if he's being honest with himself he knows that's not because they're /friends/. "Thank you," is what he says.
"Through stubborn choice, yes," Helen closes her eyes for a moment, a clear sign of stress. "Yes, you are."

Dick shrugs. It could go well, so he'll take the chance.

Damian feels like his cheeks are getting hot when Colin touches him. He hopes he's not ill. "Would you like to wear some shoes that I have?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:36 pm

"Any time." Snooze gives Mitz a brief smile, a proper curl of his lips that goes all the way up to his eyes. He reaches Mitz's wall of photos, and bends over to inspect all the many photos of Mouse. He wishes he could be on this wall. Romana took photos of them before they left for the dance, the other night. Maybe he could get one of those and give it to Mitz. Would that be strange?
"Choice is really all I've got left." Jerel shovels a forkful of casserole into his mouth.

That sounds like Dick's usual brand of risk-taking.

"Yeah, I think I'd like that," Colin says. His voice sounds strange in his own ears, but he determinedly keeps going. "If you're not worried I'd stretch them. I don't want to ruin anything of yours."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:48 am

It's gone as soon as it appeared, but Mitz still ends up enamored with that smile. Just a little. He watches Snooze move around his room, slowly shifting from smitten to awkward. "Uhh," he doesn't know what to say. "I saw that on TV. People put up pictures of their friends? So." He hopes he doesn't look like a stalker, though he doesn't know if it's worse that Snooze figures out Mitz only has one other friend.
"Where did you get that drama, Jeremiah?" Helen asks, though she knows she's no longer having a conversation with her son. If they've ever had one. "I have no idea what caused it to bloom in you and not your brother."

Does it? Jason'd know, Dick guesses. He watches Dick so closely.

"You would not," Damian decides. "And if you did then it would not be a problem. I am giving you permission to wear my things, so if anything gets ruined--which it will not--then the blame does not rest solely on your shoulders." Damian understands the /concept/ of sharing, but he isn't so fluid in the execution.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 am

"I like it." Snooze wishes he had pictures of Thad and Willow, of the friends he's made at other places he's been. "I have not seen her smiling like this before." He gives Mitz an amused look. "I feel almost like I should not be looking."
"I can't imagine." Jerel spreads his hands wide. He knows very well what it is; the more dramatic he is, the more attention he garners, the more of a chance Mitz has to slip away and stay to the side. It's in Helen's own damn textbooks. "Should I reset my watch? Let's see how long it takes you to compare me and him again."

Pffff. Dick knows nothing.

Colin takes his hand back and sticks both hands in his pockets, grinning. "Thanks. That sounds really great. Do you wanna go walk along the pier or something, then go back to yours and see?" It's such a gorgeous day, and Colin's feeling like he wants to spend more aimless wandering time with Damian. (which we don't necessarily have to cover, heh)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:53 am

Mitz returns the look. He knows the feeling--but he feels like he shouldn't be looking at Mouse most of the time anyway. "She said it was okay to put the pictures up," Mitz offers with a small shrug. "I don't think she thought anyone else would ever be here, though, but I'm sure it's okay that you've seen her smile. It's..." Mitz doesn't finish the thought. Snooze doesn't care about how Mitz feels about Mouse's smile and how it should be seen at all times. "Anyway. What would you like to do?"
"Dear me, I compared you to your own blood. Both of you I raised under similar circumstances in almost exactly matching environments," Helen replies dryly. "I'm such a monster for such a thing."

Dick smiles. What doesn't he know?

Damian agrees that it sounds nice. Once they've walked around the pier for a while (and Damian insisted he pay for an exorbitant amount of ice-cream), he calls for Alfred to come get them. He'd like it for Colin to try on more than just Damian's shoes, maybe get a suit from /somewhere/. Perhaps one of Todd's old ones? He just won't tell his father.
He leaves Colin to try things on in his room and goes to find Stephanie, since she's the one who's taking Colin to his dance.
(I figure that should get us to the angst a little quicker~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:41 pm

"I am not expected back for -" Snooze checks his phone (a congrats-you're-adopted present from Romana, for emergencies only, of course) "- a while yet. Do you have any games?" He suspects Mitz does. This looks like the room of someone who enjoys games. Mitz's computer takes pride of place on the desk, for example.
"You're really gonna give me the nature versus nurture bunk?" Jerel tosses back his water.

Dick is totally using those cop interrogation tricks on Jason. Don't think Jason doesn't know.

Colin is extremely careful with everything Damian owns, since most of it looks like it costs as much as the orphanage. Literally, the orphanage building.
Steph is practicing her flips and tumbles as she listens to a podcast for school. She doesn't immediately hear Damian approach, since he's a little fucking ninja, but once she realises he's there, she doesn't stop. "Hey, Boy Terror. What's up?"
(TASTY)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:08 pm

Mitz blinks, surprised by the question. Snooze wants to stay? Mitz was sure that Snooze would excuse himself. "Uh. Yes? Yes! A, a couple." He scrambles around to pull out what he has, which is quite more than a couple.
Helen makes a considering noise. "Not without sufficient data," she admits. "It is too early yet to tell which will win out."

Dick's not doing anything but talk to Jason. And maybe mess with him a little. But only a little. It's his job, y'see, as a big brother.

That's a funny joke and Damian will laugh softly at it but it'll make him feel uncomfortable the longer he thinks about it.
Damian calmly walks over to the speakers and switches them off. He doesn't want Stephanie to be a) distracted or b) mad that she missed an important detail in the lesson. "There is a dance coming up that I wish for you to attend," he starts, too strong and loud to be genuinely confident. "I would pay for everything."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:19 pm

The games practically spill out of Mitz's arms. Snooze helps him, smiling again. "I do not even know most of these," he says, examining a couple of the cases he's holding. "Have you played all of them?"
Jerel rolls his eyes as hard as he can and slumps down in his chair. "You know, you've never actually admitted it before. That that's the only reason you even bothered to have kids." He folds his arms tightly. "It's all a massive experiment to you!"

And a big dork. Dick's gonna break out the dad jokes any minute now.

If Colin's joke is going to end up with Damian buying the orphanage, that'll be a bit weird.
Steph comes up out of her roll and puts her hands on her hips, grinning. "You want me to be your date for something? Aren't I a little tall for you?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:01 am

Mitz nods. "I don't, y'know, I don't get why people would buy games and then not play them?" He scratches the back of his neck in silence for a second. "What do you want to play?"
"Don't put words in my mouth, Jeremiah," Helen says calmly. "Though I do collect important information for my work thanks to you and your brother, giving birth to either of you had nothing to do with my career." She pauses, cocks her head. "Life is an experiment, Jeremiah."

Only when Jason gets someone knocked up and Dick becomes an uncle. Cool uncle Dick.

Damian won't buy it! ...Bruce might.
"No!" Damian turns a little pink around the ears. "I do /not/ want to go on a date with you, Stephanie. Don't be--ridiculous. I, rather, would like you to attend with a friend of mine. He...could not find a date." Damian uncurls his hands from where they're clasped behind his back and examines them closely. "You'll enjoy his company, and he yours."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:06 am

Snooze picks one that he's heard of but never had the chance to try and offers it to Mitz. "I suppose people like to own things."
"And you've gotta control all the variables." Jerel kicks his feet up on the table and picks at his casserole, twirling his fork around in it. He's not leaving this table. He wants to, god, he wants to, but he's not going to give her the satisfaction.

Hey, if anyone is a cool uncle here, it's Jason. Jason's all about bikes and hot dogs and skiving off responsibility to go play hooky. Dick's a big old dad.

Imagine if Damian went to buy it and found that Bruce already had.
Steph folds her arms. "So you're pimping me out, now? Or are you pimping out your friend? What is this?" She usually enjoys poking around for any one of Damian's buttons she can find, but this is weird. This is not normal.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:35 am

"It's weird," Mitz mumbles. He likes to make things, but not own them. He likes for other people to have them. He thinks that Mouse has thrown away so many of the things he's made her over the years just to make space. "This is a good choice, though." He puts the game on and passes Snooze the controller.
"Some variables are more interesting without control," Helen says. Jacob has left the table a long time ago, slipped away while distracted by some thought he's had. She's very nearly having a civil conversation with Jerel. "Some variables cannot be controlled, even if that were the goal."

Nah. Just ask Damian. Dick's an uncle type.

GODDAMMIT FATHER
Damian scowls at his hands, but by the time he's looking at Stephanie again his expression is on the friendly side of neutral. "He was embarrassed about not being able to find someone who wanted to--be with him. For the dance. I told him that I would help him," Damian explains. He thinks about how to sweeten the pot. "He is taller than I am."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:42 am

Snooze waits for Mitz to choose somewhere to sit, intending on settling down next to him. Not so close that they are touching immediately, but close enough that they might brush against each other, or touch of they lean in, or shift. He doesn't really /think/ about it - not in words. He just wants. "You will have to teach me. I have not played this console before."
"So do you want to control me or not?" Jerel debates, internally, flicking his casserole-laden fork at her, but decides that's a little too far for the metaphor.

Damian is going to bluster a whole lot about fathers and parents, but they all know Dick is basically Damian's second dad. If Damian could get away with it, he so would.

Ruining all Damian's carefully crafted plans.
Steph snorts. "That's not hard to beat." She cocks her head. "Why couldn't he find a date? Does he smell?" He's friends with Damian, so that's already a strike against him. What kind of little weirdo would confess his dating troubles to /Damian/?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:01 am

Mitz smiles, nudging Snooze a little when he sits down. Friendly. "It's, it's really intuitive. You'll get it! Promise," he says. He doesn't see Snooze having trouble with /anything/.
"Do you think yourself controllable, Jeremiah?"

Dick's no-one's dad. Wow, could you imagine? He'd be the worst. He's a big brother, though, he's really good at that. Isn't that right, Jaybaby?

That's sort of his deal, grumble.
Damian bristles but he cannot afford to fight with Stephanie. He promised Colin. "He does /not/ smell. He...He is one of the oldest in the orphanage he lives in. He has been there the longest, I believe. I surmise," Damian says. Oddly, he doesn't think that this will appeal to Stephanie's good nature, nor does he think she'll pity Colin. "No-one wanted to go with him."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Snooze nudges Mitz back. "I cannot decide whether I want you to go easy on me or not."
"I'm pretty sure I try not to be," Jerel points out, grinning.

Jason's eyebrow goes up before he can stop it. Why does Dick think he'd be a bad dad?

He learned how to do it at dad school.
Steph tries not to visibly soften. Damian befriended a lonely orphan? Jeez, who would've ever thought? She pretends to still be suspicious. "And how old is he? C'mon, Damian, you're not giving me a full briefing on this case," she teases.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:38 am

Mitz laughs, delighted at the choice. That's not something he's ever heard, ever. "I, uh," he's still laughing a little. "I don't think you have to worry about it."
"Exactly," Helen replies. "And to attempt to control you would make my life more difficult, make you more ornery while simultaneously pleasing you to no end. It's too chaotic to try to curb your chaos, Jeremiah."

Dick snorts, furrowing his brows at Jason in a "are you serious" sort of expression. He didn't have one for long enough to know how to be one. He's had an /amazing/ amount of brothers, though.

There is no such thing, stop that Bruce
Damian nods once. He can give a briefing. "Colin Wilkes in a year older than myself, though his face looks younger. He is slightly taller than I am--though I am giving him my shoes and I will make sure that they are heeled, if you would prefer that. Though I warn you, I do not think he is well-versed in walking in raised shoes," he says as an afterthought before going back to giving Stephanie the details. "He has strawberry blond hair and will not clash with your own, and I have seen to it that his shirt choice will easily match anything you choose--I assumed you would choose black or purple. I will pay for everything. I believe I mentioned that. I will pay for everything, including any food or---" he pauses, looking for the right word and coming up short. "Or frivolities that may take place after the dance."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:46 pm

The game starts and Snooze tears his attention from the introduction scene to raise his eyebrows at Mitz. "Why not?"
"Yeah, pleasing me to no end'd probably throw off the experiment, huh." Jerel yawns. "Don't worry, I promise to be capricious and chaotic and unpredictable, just so you have really interesting results to discuss at your conferences."

Jason snorts. Dick doesn't have to learn. It just comes naturally to him, like just about everything else.

And if there was, I think we can be pretty sure Bruce slept through his classes, lbr.
Steph blinks. She's pretty sure Damian's not asking her to fuck this kid; anyone Damian chooses to share his own actual clothes with has gotta be under his protection, and she probably shouldn't mess with that--plus, you only describe your crush's hair as being 'strawberry blond'. Could be fun, though. "So, like, if I wanted to take him shopping with me to Gucci, that kind of thing," she grins. "Have I seen this kid around? He sounds familiar."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:33 am

Mitz shrugs. "I'm not very good at playing these games with someone else."
Helen finishes her water then stands, taking her plate in her hand as she does. "You haven't been the subject of my conferences for quite some time," she says, turning to leave.

Dick's eyebrows go up into his hair. Is that what Jason thinks?

ffs Bruce
Damian knows she's messing with him but he's doesn't know how to appropriately react to the messing, so he doesn't attempt. "If you went to a Gucci outlet, it would make Colin profoundly uncomfortable. I would prefer it you avoided making him uncomfortable," he says, then frowns. "I...suppose it's possible that you have seen him. I rescued him from a Venom testing facility a few months ago."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:42 am

Not enough practice, Snooze nearly teases him, but then he thinks that might be too close to the truth. God knows it's the truth for Snooze himself--that he didn't have any friends to play with, much more than he never had games to play. "We will see about that," he settles for, instead, nudging Mitz's knee again.
"Yeah, you've been focusing on the wonder boy." Jerel twists his fork between his fingers, flipping it back and forth. "You should probably stop doing that. You're going to give him a complex."

He's just acrobatic all over, huh. Yeah, that's what Jason thinks.

Or just never showed up. He borrowed Clark's notes.
It clicks for Steph. She's not as dumb, reckless or self-involved as Bruce thinks she is, and she's been keeping an eye on things, so she knows things. Babs also likes to share things of the demon looking adorable, for the blackmail slideshow they're building for his 21st. "Oh! The kid who--" She pretends to Hulk out. "Okay. Well, yeah. He doesn't seem so bad. Why aren't you going with him, though?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:58 am

Mitz ducks his head, smiling and turning a little pink. Snooze is playing around with him, but it doesn't feel as vicious as Jerel or as careful as Mouse. It's nice.
Helen stops and turns, looking at Jerel closely. "What do you know of complexes, Jeremiah?"

Huh. Well, it's wrong. Dick has to work at a lot of stuff. And dad stuff? That's a kind of scary that Dick doesn't get. Don't get him wrong! He loves kids. He loves it when his friends have kids. It's just not for him.

/Broose/
Damian's brows knit together. "He is living in a Roman Catholic orphanage. He was already having issues concerning the other residents in that orphanage. How would I be helping him if I offered to be his date?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down