[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:10 am

So they play the game, and it's /fun/. Mitz teaches Snooze, and Snooze picks it up, and they challenge each other, and it's /fun/. They have fun.
Jerel promptly bursts out laughing. "Oh my god, did you really just ask me that? Me? That? Me?" His voice gets successively higher with the disbelief.

Okay, but, he's wrong. Dick's not a part-time anything. He's not a babysitter or an uncle or whatever. If he had his own kid... Jason shrugs. Well, he'd never get back in a cape, that's for sure.

clark's notes have bullet points and colour coding, they're good notes, Bruce will be fine on the final exam
"Oh. Good point." Steph stretches her arms, thinking about doing a favour for Damian--thinking about Damian wanting to go to a dance with this boy and not being able to--thinking about how many embarrassing stories she can tell about this later. "Yeah. Okay. Let's go see him. I wanna make sure we're gonna get along before we're stuck together for a whole night."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:58 pm

By the time they've gone through two maps, Mitz is feeling like maybe he's missed out on how good these games actually are. And he wonders if he could tempt Snooze back over with the promise of more games. But it's late and they managed to play through the awkward muffled argument downstairs. "When do you have to go home?"
Helen rolls her eyes. "Don't be dramatic, Jeremiah," she scolds. "And kindly pay attention to the question. I was not asking if you thought you had a complex. I was wondering what you knew of them."

Oh, for sure! Dick laughs. Not just because Dick hates capes and ditched his as soon as he could, he grins. But, uh, that's also impossible. Give up everything? It seems like something he'd do if there were a kid existing but without one around it just seems crazy. Jason knows how long it lasts when one of them "retires for good".

Bruce stop that you are literally a genius if you're going to be terrible at a class at least breeze through without study like every other genius
"You're going to see him and /then/ decide?" Damian balks. "You can't just look a boy and say 'no, I've changed my mind'. It would ruin him. He is---he is not as hardened as others could be."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:12 am

Snooze leans back against Mitz's pillows, stretching his hands out for a moment. "Shortly," he admits. "Though I would like to continue. This has been fun."
"What, have I had my ears stoppered with wax for (uh) seventeen years?" Jerel quirks his eyebrow. "You talk a lot, Helen."

If any of them could get stable-minded enough to do it, it will be Dickie. But hey, those who can't do, coach. So Dick'd probably still stick around.

bruce studies everything obsessively
Steph rolls her eyes. "Well, if I decide without ever meeting him, then I'm just a bought friend."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:17 am

Mitz tries to sound casual and ends up sounding like a bad impression of Jerel. "Well, the games aren't going anywhere."
"Do I, indeed," Helen mutters. She's bored of this. She gets bored of any attempt to have a discussion with her eldest, after a while. "I'll take that under advisement."

Like a bad smell, huh?

he's a freak
Damian sighs. "Very well, I will juggle both bunches of delicate feelings."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:22 am

(Did you mean: Mitz's entire life /badjereljoke) "I could come over and play again some time?" Snooze tries not to sound too hopeful. He knows this pretend boyfriend arrangement has been good for Mitz, somehow, in between the getting punched out and the needling mother--no actually he's kind of sure Mitz should never want to do this again.
Usually it's right around the time Jerel starts attempting to turn her tricks back on her, and using her name as a wedge between them. Jerel knows her patterns. Sometimes he probably has a stopwatch on her. "Yeah, bring it up at the next board meeting." Jerel taps his head.

Like garlic and spilled milk, big brother. Jason smirks. But the point remains. If Dick ever found himself in the family way, he'd finally have some use for all those dad jokes he's got stored away.

le gasp no one's ever called Bruce Wayne a freak before
Steph snorts. "You're such a drama queen."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:44 am

(sadmitzface: ...yes) Mitz blinks, not even knowing how hopeful he looks in the face of Snooze's question. "Yes! Please. If you want to, that is," he says quickly, forgetting all about sounding casual straight away. "I, I mean, my parents won't be around all the time so it won't be like this again. Probably. Uh. ...there might still be fighting? It's like Jerel's favorite thing to do. Sorry. But yes! Games! Please."
Helen's tips twitch, which is about as close as she's ever going to get to smiling. "Board meetings, Jeremiah? What do you think I do?"

Nah. He's already got all his little brothers to use 'em on. Dick grins widely.

le trendsetter
Damian straightens the cuffs of his shirt, resolutely not looking at Stephanie. "Yes. You have said before, many times," he says in his best Bored Wayne tone. "Would you like to get changed and I'll introduce you to Colin?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:57 am

(aw kiddo) "Good," Snooze says, a little relieved. "Good, you--this has been fun. It has not been so easy to--starting at a new school where everybody already knows each other--" He runs a hand through his hair.
"Every psycho has voices, Helen. I meant the board meeting in your head, where you decide what you should and shouldn't say to still appear human-like," he says, kindly.

Oh, and they are just so spoiled.

Steph looks down at her exercise gear. "What's wrong with what I've got on?" She pretends intense offence. Then she bursts out laughing. "No, okay, you're right. Give me ten." She grabs clothes out of her bag and ducks into the shower.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:06 am

Mitz watches Snooze's awkwardness with a mixture of sympathy and jealousy. How come, when Snooze is babbling, he still looks /cool/? That's hardly fair. But still, Mitz got to see how hair's supposed to look when it's messed with, and it's pretty great to watch. He smiles. "Definitely always come here if you want to. Whenever. Uh. The back door key is under the mat," he says helpfully. "My parents don't even know about that. It's just for me, Jerel. ...Jerel's girlfriends."
"Bleep bloop," Helen deadpans coldly, then leaves the room. One day Jerel will hurt her feelings. Today is not that day, but I think they both know it's going to happen in the near-future.

They are, Dick singsongs and attempts to get Jason in a headlock and ripe for noogies.

Damian looks to the ceiling and sighs when she leaves. She's hard work, but only for Damian. Others seem to find Stephanie charming as all hell. Colin will enjoy her company, Damian's sure of it. (Is Colin in the Manor? I forget.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Snooze chuckles a little. "I will. You could come to mine, as well? I am sure Romana would be fine with it. I do not have any games, not at the moment, but there are movies." Romana's been introducing him to classics, and also Disney. It's been an interesting time.
Jerel is getting closer and closer to the mark. The day it happens, he might even feel bad about it. Maybe. That, or it'll be while he's packing his bags to move out.

Jason /very/ easily flips Dick, but no doubt Dick lands on his feet. Have to get up a little earlier in the morning than that.

(Yeah, he's trying on Damian's shoes!) Steph kind of deliberately tries to be hard work. Can't let the boys have it too easy, not any of them. She comes back in, messing with her hair, and presents herself for inspection in the most facetious way possible. "Acceptable, Your Royal Highness?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:24 pm

"I like movies," Mitz offers. He might have made a friend! Which is nearly as good as a boyfriend, really. Probably better. ...Mitz decides it's maybe better. Jerel never keeps girlfriends for long, so friends are probably better. "Are you sure your mom will be okay with it?"
Either are plausible! Maybe depending on the 'verse.

Dick just laughs. He'll get his noogies one day, little wing! He will. It's his mission in life.

(Aha! Righto~) "Very funny," Damian rolls his eyes. He's nervous. He /hates/ being nervous. It smacks of weakness. "Let's go."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:42 pm

"Of course." Snooze feels all warm at Romana being his mom. "She said that I can have friends over whenever I like. You would be the first." It's not as hard to admit it as he thought it would be. "I am sure she would be pleased."
Jerel is moving out, like, the second he gets a place in a college dormitory. He will hire his own moving van. He will buy his own dorm furniture.

Maybe when Jason's unconscious.

Steph shrugs and falls into step next to him. She wasn't expecting an actual compliment, but some kind of acknowledgement of her female appearance was expected. He's been unusually quiet on the Fatgirl front lately. "So are you going to go to the dance, at least? Or just hang out on the comms, listening to everything we say?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Mitz hugs himself lightly. He likes the idea of someone's parent liking him. /Any/ parent liking him, being okay with him being around. "I'd like that."
Oh Jeremiah don't be dramatic.

Are you kidding? That's the worst time to try to sneak up on Jason and Dick knows it.

Damian pauses. He had thought about bugging Colin's suit, knowing that Stephanie would know if he did anything to her dress. Now, however, he feels like that might be too intrusive. "I am not invited to the dance," he says simply. He'll have to just find out about it afterwards. It will be /hell/.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 pm

"Tomorrow, then, you can come over, and I will introduce you properly to Romana, without any cameras around," Snooze promises. And, he thinks, before Mitz gets there, he'll pester Romana for a copy of their dance picture, so Mitz can have another face on his wall.
It's just about all he knows how to be.

Jason actually laughs.

"Well, I'll make sure to write a full report," Steph says, feeling her heart ache--just a tiny bit, okay!!--for the little demon. "Okay, well, is there anything else I should know before I dazzle this kid's world? Colin, right?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 pm

"She seemed really nice," Mitz says honestly, remembering how happy she was to see Snooze go out to that dance. Even though it turned out to be a disaster.
No kidding. Helen finds it exhausting.

Dick nudges Jason. That's the spirit.

"Wilkes. Colin Wilkes," Damian tells her quickly, a little stricken. "He does not need to be /dazzled/, Stephanie. It--that will not be necessary. He simply needs...company. No-one need be dazzled."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:54 pm

"She is." Snooze can't hide how much he adores his new family, how good Romana makes him feel. "You will like her. And she already likes you." He flops back on Mitz's bed, his elbows in the pillows. "Even if you are keeping me out late."
So does Jerel, but he can't stop.

Dick's always trying so hard to make Jason laugh. He's always trying to make Jason better. He's a good guy. Somehow.

Oh, okay, so it's still like that. She's not sure how to react to that, honestly. "Company. Okay. I can do that."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:45 am

Mitz chews on his lip. "Am I really? You can go. You could also stay, I'm pretty sure. But I don't want to get you in trouble."
Poor thing. More like his mother than he knows.

Dick snorts. He doesn't need to make Jason feel better. He just has to be around to remind Jason that he /can/ feel better. Jason forgets that. All broody and serious. Dick makes a serious face.

Damian pinches the bridge of his nose. "Tt," he says, realising that he should employ more diplomacy. "He...likes raspberry ripple ice-cream? And puns. You can bond over fattening foods and terrible wordplay."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:45 pm

"I do have a curfew." Snooze yawns and rolls off Mitz's bed, reaching for his jacket. "Perhaps we could organise a sleepover sometime, if people our age still do that sort of thing."
Eugh.

He can laugh and still be brooding on the inside.

"Sounds like fun!" Steph grins. She makes a note of raspberry ripple ice-cream. Probably the least she can do to fortify the kid for Damian's tears, afterwards. She recognises the way to Damian's bedroom--she knows the layout of the house even though she doesn't live here--and raises her eyebrows, but says nothing.
Colin hears them coming. He starts to pack away all the shoes Damian laid out for him to try.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:44 am

"Dunno," Mitz grins, shrugging. He moves to get off the bed with Snooze. "I've never done anything like that. Mouse has her cheer squad over sometimes for those thing, but not me. You want me to walk you home?"
Sorry, Jerel. You take after your mom.

Not if Dick has anything to say about it.

Damian catches her look just before he opens the door and gives her a questioning one back, a challenging look. What's her problem now? Stephanie has been asking too many questions for Damian's liking.
Without giving her a chance to answer or snark back at him, Damian opens the door. "Hello, Colin. Did you find a pair that fit?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Snooze nods, his mouth crooked in a smile. "Yes, please. We can discuss this sleepover thing on the way. I went to a few, when I was younger," he provides, missing Thad. "I never hosted any, of course."
As if he wasn't screwed up enough already.

Dick's so not the boss of him. Jason adds a little footstomp and a screwed up face just for good measure.

Colin brandishes two pairs of shiny black shoes that are almost identical. "These are both great! You should tell me which pair you like the least, just in case anything--" happens, he's going to say, but then he actually faces the door and sees a tall blonde girl behind Damian. "Oh. Hi." He scratches the back of his head and smiles.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 am

Mitz follows Snooze to the door, thinking hard. "Does it count as a sleepover when there's only two people? Not that I'm complaining! It's fine. Good, even. I just don't know the, uh, classifications."
It's hard, Jerel. Being a kid of Helen's. It's hard and no-one understands.

Oh quit it, Jaybird. Dick smiles fondly. He can't handle it when Jason's being all adorable like that. Reminds him of when Jason was 13 and a total shithead.

"I told you, I would prefer it if you chose which ones you liked the best," Damian says, though gentle enough for him, then steps aside to introduce Stephanie properly. "Colin, this is Stephanie Brown. Stephanie, this is Colin Wilkes."
He takes a breath. Colin being bashful in front of Stephanie could mean anything. Anything at all. He could just be...being Colin. Damian doesn't think it would be very fair to be upset if they become close after this, since it was his idea, but he can already feel the jealousy bubbling up in his chest.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:11 am

"As far as I know," Snooze shrugs. "I think it is perhaps a slumber party when there are more than two, so."
Not even Helen's kids, really.

And that makes Dick smile? Jason snorts.

Colin puts the shoes down carefully, comes over and sticks out his hand. Steph is instantly charmed by this smiling little ginger. "Hi," she says. "Nice to meet you."
"You, too." Colin looks between the two of them, wondering what this is. "So how do you know Damian? Do you live here?" Colin's gotten a little bit used to all sorts of people with different names turning up at the Manor. He's one of them.
"I used to, for a little while," she explains.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 am

"And if there are just two?" Mitz asks, while subtly moving Snooze down the hallway quietly and keeping an eye out for wayward parents, annoyed brothers, all kinds of risks. He'd rather get out of the house without a disaster.
Mitz isn't any use, no. He's too much like his father and far too wrapped up in his own shit to notice if anyone close to him is having problems, especially when that person is Jerel who is very good at pretending.

Does Jason remember being 13? He was a cute shithead. And, whenever Dick was /around/, he liked hanging out with Jason. ...sorry about that, by the way. Dick wasn't around a lot, back then. Going through his own bullshit. Seems kind of little and stupid now.

Damian inclines his head, thinking that is one way to put things, and speaks again. "I was thinking, Colin, if it works within the parameters of what you envisioned for the night, that Stephanie could accompany you to the dance," Damian says stiffly. Hiding emotions like a pro.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:51 am

"Then, sleepover. I believe, anyway." Snooze picks up on the need to be quiet as they sneak towards the front door. Snooze has sneaked through many a house in his time. He's on Mitz's heels like a pro, silent as a very quiet thing (as neither cats nor mice are very quiet as they scuttle around old wooden houses like this one).
And Jerel is so hyperaware of how hard it is, he really blows it all way out of proportion.

Well, it was all big and important back then. Jason shrugs. No point apologising for things that far back, Dickiebird. Those feelings aren't even felt anymore. Hard to forgive when Jason can barely remember what needs forgiving and why.

Colin is 9000% not as good at hiding his emotions, and his face falls as he says, "Oh." Then he forcibly picks it back up again, his eyes darting from Damian to Steph as he realises he just did that in front of a girl Damian apparently thinks--well, he doesn't know what Damian is thinking, which is startling. "I mean--oh! Oh, okay."
Steph thinks it's really fucking sweet that Colin is as done for Damian as Damian is for him. She's gonna have to mastermind a way to leave them alone together for a dance or something at the end of the night. Yeah. That's sweet. "Yeah," she says, "I do a mean macarena. And I can do the nutbush. So!"
"Okay!" Colin tries really hard to smile normally. "Um, yeah, I mean, if you want, yeah, that'd be--" say something other than fine or good, "nice." Or nice. Damn.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:16 am

Mitz gets them to the door and out the house, closing it all away behind him and then smiles brightly at Snooze. He speaks normally once they're a few steps away. "Oh! Okay. Well, then, I guess we'll have a sleepover." He's never been invited to stay in someone's house. Even Mouse is reluctant to have Mitz over for too long in case her father gets ideas---which is fair. Harry Oakes scares the hell out of Mitz.
*pats* Poor thing.

Dick hums. He still feels bad. Not all the time, little wing. But sometimes he remembers that he was an absolute asshole and he feels bad. That's all.

Damian tucks his hands behind him, holding on tight enough to hurt himself and keep him focused on getting through the moment. Knowing that Colin is getting flustered for Stephanie's stupid (and probably made up, tt) dance moves is a little too much for him. But he's endure. He taps on the toes of one of the pairs that Colin chose. "These ones," he says, then smiles for a second at Colin. Hopefully too quick for Stephanie to see, since it is not for her, but a smile nonetheless. "You'll look very dashing once everything is put together. And Stephanie likes to wear colors that will look good with what you're wearing. You both will look--" Damian can't think of anything. His brain is starting to rebel. "Good. You will look good."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:32 am

Harry would absolutely get ideas, so that's definitely fair. "Good," Snooze says, firmly. He tucks his hands in his pockets, to stave off the urge to hold Mitz's hand. They're only pretending when they're around people, he has to remind himself. They're not really... He sighs. "Soon," he adds. "I think these things are supposed to be done over the weekend, so perhaps then."
EVERYTHING IS AWFUL FOR JEREL

Not an absolute asshole. Jason punches his shoulder.

Colin sees the smile and it just makes him even more confused, though he does smile back because he can't help himself. Damian wants him to go to the dance with someone else, but he's still smiling at Colin like that, like he was doing all day when--and Colin realises that maybe that's just how Damian smiles at him, and it's not because they were going to a dance together. Not because they spend all this time together, not because they like each other. Well, yeah, they like each other, but... but maybe Colin likes Damian differently to how Damian likes Colin. It's almost an earth-shattering revelation, and definitely a heart-wrenching one. Colin thought... he doesn't know what he thought, now. He doesn't know what to think.
Steph sees Colin running the entire gamut of lovelorn first crush panic, and she's gotta head this off at the pass somehow. She's really up on emotional intelligence--just about the only Bat who can say that, and Dick so doesn't count since he's stilted in at least half the full range of emotions dealing with relationships--and she can see the whole thing, on both their faces, and it's /so frustrating/. They're only, like, twelve, or whatever, and it's their first crushes, and they're getting it all /wrong/.
"We'll look amazing," she says, confidently. "So when is this thing? Where do you want to meet up?"
Colin fills her in on the details. They work out a place to meet that's not far from the orphanage, so Colin can still go there to fetch his date, yet far enough that they can walk in like Colin went to pick her up like a grown-up. "You'll know how to find it? I swear it's easy to--"
"Damian will help me," Steph says, smiling at Colin. She turns the smile on Damian. "Right? If I get lost."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:25 am

Mitz nods. "I...yeah," he says. "You're probably busy during the week? I mean, apart from school." He doesn't want to waste Snooze's time any more than he already has.
yes dear

Dick laughs, taking his punch. He knows the sound of forgiveness when it comes from Jason, though he doesn't think he deserves it. Not when you take everything into consideration.

Damian opens his mouth to argue, but finds that he can't. "Yes," he replies, wondering what Stephanie is up to. She teased him earlier about hiding wires on them to listen it, but she wants him there? She's not cruel enough to want to hurt Damian just because she can, but that's the only explanation he can think of. "I was going to travel to the dance with you both anyway. I..." He pauses, thinking. "I can take pictures. I will stay in the car."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:26 pm

"No, not busy, but I doubt we would sleep much," Snooze points out. "Not the best thing for a school night. Right?" He's fairly sure Mitz is focused enough on his studies that he's right about this.
/flail

not sure what to do with these two

"You should come," Colin says, his eyes fixed on Damian even though he knows he should be looking at Stephanie, trying to talk to Stephanie. "To the dance. I'll ask. I'm sure we can--I'm sure it's not, like, closed invitation. It's just a nice dance. It's supposed to be just a--" He takes another breath, and sighs. He's such a babbling idiot. "A nice dance. It will be," he assures Stephanie.
She smiles. "Yeah. It will."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 pm

Mitz cocks his head and thinks about it. "I suppose doing homework would be boring, huh?" He asks. He was picturing studying, but he's always picturing studying. He's always pleasantly surprised when studying doesn't happen.
/pat

They'll keep talking about nothing if we let them, it's okay to walk away, heh.

Damian's jaw clenches. He wants to see Colin having fun, being happy. But he really does not want to see him dancing with Stephanie. He supposes that makes him a bad person, but he knew that. "Of course it will be," he says. "I will...buy a ticket. Is that something that has to be done?" He wonders to neither of them and both. He feels unbalanced.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:37 pm

"I feel like a sleepover is for things other than homework. Like games, and films, and talking." That was what he and Thad did, anyway, several times. Snooze loved sleeping over at his house; it was the only time he felt normal. "But we could do homework, and then those things. But, so we do not have to worry about waking up in the morning, best to do it on a weekend."

"I'll find out!" Colin promises. "I'm sure it's simple. It won't be, I don't know, it won't be hard, don't worry." He scrubs the back of his head again and smiles at Damian, then abruptly turns the smile on Steph. "I'm sorry, I don't really know what to do. I've never had a date to a dance before. What do I--what do we--I mean, am I supposed to get you something? There's, like, flowers, right?"
"A corsage," Steph supplies, and she's actually kind of charmed by Colin's honesty. "No, that's mostly for prom and stuff. You don't have to. That's totally sweet, though."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:44 pm

"All that sounds...great," Mitz says honestly. He wonders what movies Snooze likes, then quickly decides that Mitz will like them too so they can keep being friends. "Let me know if your mom says it's okay? ...do you have my phone number? I feel like it's weird that we're, y'know," 'dating but not dating' doesn't seem to want to come out of Mitz's mouth so he just waggles his fingers. "And you don't have my number, haha. Uh. Do you want it?"

Damian begins to smile back at Colin, but quickly shuts off when the attention is shifted. He watches the conversation with a completely blank face, every so often taking a soft and meditative breath. He's done harder things than this. All pain passes, he reminds himself.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:00 pm

"I do. I do," Snooze says the second time, since the first time was a little fast. He offers Mitz the phone Romana gave him. It's her old one, but he's just fine with that. "I, unfortunately, don't have mine memorised. I will text you from mine," he suggests. "Then you will have mine."

Colin goes to rub the back of his head again, realises what he's doing and drops his hand, tucks them in the pockets of his hoodie. "Okay, well, if you're sure. I still don't--um--what do--?"
"Okay." Steph tries valiantly not to laugh in his face, and she mostly succeeds, but her eyes are sparkling. "Well, we've got all the details sorted, and now I have to go get a dress. Do you have a phone number?"
Colin shakes his head.
"Well, that's okay. If I need to ask you anything, I'll get a message to you, don't worry." Steph grins at him and sticks out her hand again. "It's been nice meeting you. But I really gotta go get that dress. It's been ages since I've had an excuse to get a nice dress."
"Nice meeting you, too," Colin says, as he shakes her hand.
Steph claps Damian's shoulder. "See you later, kiddo," she says, trying to be nice in front of Damian's crush.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Mitz smiles down at the phone while he puts the number in. They're just standing in the middle of the road on their quiet suburban street, the sun already gone down, and all Mitz is doing is putting his number into Snooze's phone. Mitz feels happy all the same. Like, really happy. "Sounds good. Text me whenever. I don't mind."

Damian scowls at 'kiddo'. "Contact me if you wish me to purchase your dress, Stephanie," he says, which is like saying 'goodbye' and like saying 'thank you' but not bothering to actually try to say those things. Once she's gone, Damian sighs and looks at Colin. "You'll get along. And no-one will give you any trouble at the dance, will they? A--beautiful date. Well dressed. Are there ways to win at a dance? I feel as though you will." And Damian will personally punch the throat of anyone who dares to make Colin feel bad.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Snooze stares at Mitz's smile, lit up by the glow from his phone. It's really something. It was probably a horrible mistake to do this, to fake-date Mitz, because now all he can think about is real-dating Mitz. "Whenever? Are you sure?"

Colin grins at Damian, then it fades, a little. "Yeah, I think it'll be good. I mean, she seems really nice, so. It'll be good. So this is--she's who you were thinking of, when you said you'd--that I wouldn't have to go alone. Stephanie--Steph? She's who you were thinking of?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:31 pm

"Absolutely, yeah. If you want? Whenever," Mitz repeats, handing Snooze's phone back to him. He's used to his heart thumping whenever he gets a text, since it's always Mouse. Now it'll be Snooze too.
Mitz will worry about what that says about him some other time.

Damian hesitates, licking his lips and thinking about how to word this. He doesn't want to /lie/ to Colin. "She...seemed like the smartest choice," he says eventually. Behind his back, he grips his wrist even harder than before to keep his stoicism. "I believe she likes it when friends call her Steph."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Snooze immediately texts Mitz with a hello, and waits until Mitz's phone lights up. Then he smiles. "Now you have started the flood."

"Steph. Okay," Colin echoes, softly. "Um. Well, I'm sure it's gonna be a good night? It's gonna be fun, anyway. I mean, we're gonna meet at the ice cream place, so no night can go bad that starts with ice cream. That's the rules." He's trying really hard to get that fixed look off Damian's face.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:30 pm

As if to prove a point, Mitz's heart thumps when he gets the text. Harder when he opens it and it's from Snooze. He inwardly sighs at himself; he /watched/ Snooze type the message. He knows how hard he's blushing and so glad of the fact that it's already dark out. "That's okay," he assures Snooze. "I'll text back, so it'll be fair."

"Rules," Damian echoes, amused but unsure if it's a joke. Usually it's a joke, with Colin, when he brings up rules or regulations. "Well, you know how much I like following the rules."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:20 am

"I am going to have to start monitoring my bill. I have a job interview, next week, so at least I will be able to pay for it," Snooze says. He's still smiling. "Might be able to."

"You like making the rules," Colin points out, and he manages a hopeful smile at the sound of the amusement in Damian's voice. This is better. They can keep--they can fix this. Well, Colin can fix himself. He can deal with the disappointment. He can deal with it so it doesn't poison his interactions with Damian. He has to. "Then following your own rules."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:29 am

Mitz doesn't even know who pays his bill. Now that he thinks about it, it must be Jerel. Somehow. "If you're getting a job soon, we're going to have to have that sleepover as soon as possible, right? Cos soon I'll barely get to see you. That's, that's how it works, right? Working?"

Damian's lip twitch a little. "How well you know me, Colin," Damian drawls. A tight knot in his chest eases a little. "But I would keep that sensitive information under your hat, for now. No-one else must know."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Jerel handles all real-world stuff in the household. He picked up Jacob and Helen's passwords and card details when he was, like, eight. "It will only be casual work, I believe, so I will still have time. But we can do it this weekend," Snooze suggests.

"I won't tell," Colin promises. "You'll help me get ready on the night of the dance, right? I want to look right." Look good, he meant to say, but right is what comes out and he sticks with it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:20 am

Oh Jerel. Mitz takes you for granted but also you're mean to him sometimes so I think it balances out. "This weekend," Mitz repeats, nodding. They're nearly at Snooze's house and Mitz really doesn't want to be done walking Snooze home. But it's done now. "Yeah. Yeah! Please. I'll tell Jerel about it. It'll be okay."

"Yes, of course," Damian replies like that was his plan all along. He's amazed Colin wants him there. Most boys, he's observed, like to get rid of him as soon as Stephanie is in the room. He expected Colin to be more interested. "I'll come to you early and help, then we will pick Stephanie up."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Well, living without each other sucks more than living with each other. "It will be /fun/," Snooze corrects him gently. "If it is a nice night, then perhaps we can spend some time watching the stars. I saw that you had some constellation books. I have always wanted to learn..." Is it okay that he spent that much time inspecting Mitz's things?

Colin breathes out. "Good. Great! Thanks. You're a--you're a really good friend," he says, and it's not like he's hesitating on saying it, it's more like his voice gentles as he says it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:07 pm

That's about the size of it. "I meant that Jerel will be okay with it," Mitz smiles a little. Of course it'll be fun. He brightens up and looks to the sky, but it's overcast and he can't see any stars. "I'd start now, if I could? But I can't. Sorry. But it's really fun stuff! In a way. I like, uh, all that stupid nerd stuff. So if you have any questions? I'd, I'd, I'd love to. Tell you things. About that."

Damian snorts softly, just a push of air through his nose, and looks at Colin oddly. Disbelieving. "I...think you may be the only person to think such a thing of me," he admits, but he's saying thank you. He just can't.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:56 pm

"I was hoping you would say that." Snooze smiles, at Mitz, then at the stars--the clouds. Too soon, they're at Snooze's front door. "Thank you. For a good night. I know you do not think the dinner went well, but I had a good time with you."

"That's okay. I'm a start." Colin scratches the back of his head again. "Everything starts with one. And I'm absolutely the most important one, so that's all that really matters," he jokes, grinning at Damian as best he can. If he and Damian are only friends, then Colin will be the /best/ friend Damian will ever have.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 pm

"It was a disaster," Mitz agrees, laughing a little. "And I'm...I'm so sorry. About them, y'know? But I'm really glad you said yes to coming over."

"You absolutely are," Damian agrees lightly. He's fairly sure that people don't admit to having just one friend. He's observed enough to know that to be true. He would embarrass himself. But he /can/ agree with Colin, even if all that Colin is doing is joking.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:30 pm

"So am I," Snooze assures him. He hesitates, then decides to tell Mitz something he learned a long time ago. "You do not have to take responsibility for them."

Colin breathes out. It's good to hear that. "So can we--do you want to--do something else? We've sorted out the dance. It's good. Right?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next