[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm

"Thank you, Snooze," Romana smiles. She loves seeing that happiness on his face. She's nervous for him, too, knowing that he's going to come clean to Mitz at some point in the evening. "It looks amazing. I might have peeked a few minutes ago."
"It looks /amazing/," Mitz agrees, nodding madly. "I thought people only cooked like that on tv."

Damian snorts. "I assure you, Colin, you need to aim higher," he says, knowing that Colin has already changed his life.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:26 pm

"I might have my own show one day." Snooze says it with a bit of a quirked eyebrow, because he has absolutely no idea whether he wants that or not but it seems like something he certainly /could/ want. Which is kind of a new thing. "I am just hoping it lives up to all the hype. Or at least makes up for the ice cream failure."

"No, I think starting small is already pretty big," Colin argues, smiling. "One life is a big thing."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:33 pm

"I prefer sorbet, if I'm being honest," Romana shrugs. She gets up from her seat and makes her way to the kitchen/dining room. "The both of you might want to set the table," she calls back.
"If it's sweet, I bet it'll be great," Mitz nudges Snooze with a smile. He doesn't like the word 'failure'.

"One life, you've already done," Damian waves his hand like it's nothing. "It's time to move on to bigger and better things."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Snooze returns Mitz's smile. "It should be. Just like the lasagne should be good. I don't often like to rely on /should/." Even down to thinking that Mitz /should/ like him enough to be a real boyfriend instead of a pretend one. "The dining room things are this way." He cups Mitz's elbow to lead him, this time. He can't stop touching him to guide him. It's settling something inside him.

"But I'm not done yet," Colin says.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Mitz likes being guided like that. Like he can't go wrong with Snooze doing that. It's reassuring. It's safe. "Do you guys go full on dinner party? Do I have to know what forks to use," Mitz suddenly worries.

"Oh, dear," Damian raises an eyebrow. "That sounds terrifyingly like you have a plot under that ginger mop."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm

Snooze shows Mitz the cutlery cabinet, tucked neatly in the corner of the dining room. "No, nothing like that. I think R--Mom does have a full set of forks and spoons and knives like that? But no, just--" He opens one of the drawers and gives Mitz three placemats and three coasters. "These, and normal cutlery, and some napkins and glasses for water and things. Some nights we eat in front of the television, but some nights we like to sit at the table and talk."

Colin wiggles his eyebrows. "The ominous, dastardly plot of continuing to be your friend. Shocking!"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Mitz takes what he's given, looking at Snooze a little wistfully. "That sounds like some real family stuff," he says. He's envious but not jealous. "The other night was the first time we've ever sat at the dining room table. I think we've had dinners with my grandparents? But I was super young. We all just eat whatever, separately."

Damian's lips twitch. "Your dedication exceeds many before you," he says.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:54 pm

"I have lived in houses like that." Snooze picks up three sets of everything. "I like this better. That is not to say that the other way does not work. It's fine. Good, when you have no particular desire to talk in the evenings, too. I just prefer this."

"I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm kind of tough." Colin brushes imaginary dust off his shoulders.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:57 pm

"This is better," Mitz agrees, nodding. He follows Snooze out to the kitchen when they start moving. "I have a friend and she has to sit to dinner with her parents every night no matter what. That's not good either. There was to be, like, a--I don't know, like a middle ground? Does that make sense?"

"You're joking," Damian smiles enough to have his eyes crinkle. "But I've noticed. Do you want to go anywhere in the city before you go home? I'll let Pennyworth know."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:03 pm

"It does." Snooze pulls down three water glasses and goes to start laying things out on the table, assuming that Mitz will follow. "You should do what you like, I think. The thing that pleases you. Sometimes that's not so easy, but on the whole..."

"No, I'm okay." Colin smiles back at Damian, wide and toothy. "I'm good, actually."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:27 pm

"That sounds nice, yeah," Mitz mumbles, trying to lay the table as best he can. He's never actually done this but he has seen it on tv and some books he's read have talked about it. The fictions, anyway. He wonders if he should find some domestic arts books and see if he can impress Snooze.

"As you wish," Damian says easily, then leads them into the huge kitchen. He could find an intercom anywhere in the house and it would probably get Alfred but it's much easier to assume he's in the kitchen. He usually is.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 pm

He would definitely impress Snooze. Snooze devours books on how things Should Be and tries to emulate them basically in every 'verse. That's how he puts together his world view. "So I hope you like this," Snooze says. That comment might mean more, later. He could do it now, but--it might ruin dinner.

Colin would not be opposed to a snack before he goes, as per usual, and I'm sure Alfred has anticipated that, as per usual.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Mitz'll end up buying Snooze an ancient edition of Mrs Beeton with his college fund, be careful there. "I'm going to love this, are you kidding? A real family dinner and, okay, you guys aren't my family but I get to be there? And it won't be forced on anyone or anything, amazing," Mitz babbles, both telling the truth and trying to reassure Snooze. "/And/ there's lasagne."

There will be a plate of sandwiches freshly made and nothing else will be said on the matter. Damian will just take one and hand another to Colin.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:08 pm

Snooze would be equally as happy with the latest Nigella (well, not equally, the very thought and effort put into finding the Mrs Beeton would obviously make it much more appreciated as a gift), so Mitz doesn't have to break his bank or anything. "Good." Snooze chuckles, actually chuckles, the laugh pulled out of him easy and smooth. "Several points in my favour, then. I should remember that lasagne is its own point, in the future."

Colin devours it delightedly, and takes another to eat as they walk to the car. He wouldn't dream of actually eating inside the car, though.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm

It won't break the bank. Mitz's family is scruffy but deceptively rich. He doesn't even think of money, he's that kind of wealthy. "Uh, yes? How is that not point one?" Mitz asks like Snooze is crazy.

So polite, Mr Wilkes. Damian will go along with him on the ride back to the orphanage, as he always does, and stiffly say goodbye as formally as possible. And then stay silent and moody for the drive back. He might end up spending the rest of the night with Titus, at least until it's time to patrol.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Snooze shoots him a little grin. "I am getting increasingly worried that this lasagne will not live up to the hype."

After which he'll probably see Colin again, if it's a nice night for it! Well, he'll be Abuse, anyway.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 pm

"I've never met a lasagne I don't like," Mitz says, matching Snooze's grin. "And all the ones I met were originally frozen. So, y'know, I wouldn't worry. If I were you."

Robin and Abuse would be all business, though. Well, alright, Robin would be all business.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 pm

"Frozen ones don't require much cooking to get right, having already been composed properly," Snooze reminds him. "This one took rather a lot of--composing."

Abuse would be like... 85% business.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:27 pm

"They also taste like ketchup and cheese, sometimes," Mitz points out easily.

That's not enough business, Abuse.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 pm

Snooze groans. "Oh, do they ever. I think I went through about twelve recipes before I found one I was happy to make, really."

It gets the job done! And then leaves some time for other stuff.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 pm

"Then it's definitely going to be the best one you could make, right?" Mitz smiles a little, tilting his head. He loves just being able to talk to Snooze. Just talk to him about things, it doesn't matter what. It's easy. It's nice.

Don't ever mention that to Batman, that's all Robin can say.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:03 pm

"Right," Snooze agrees. "And maybe next time, for the ice cream. I need to practice. I assume you will be willing to help me eat the results of my practice?"

Yeah, no, Abuse lets Robin do all the talking, there.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 pm

"Are you offering to just feed me ice-cream? I'm trying to figure out what I did to deserve you in my life, to be honest," Mitz laughs a little.

Probably for the best, Abuse. Even if getting Batman to agree to the patrols with him around most likely sounded whining and demanding. Like Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad let my friend staaaaaaaaaaaaaay. But in a Damian way.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:41 pm

A very positive response for later. Snooze tells himself to remember that, when he needs courage. "I imagine it will be not-quite-ice-cream for a while," Snooze warns him, but he's still smiling. He hasn't smiled for so long since 'Mom'.

Father, I would like to submit a request that I be partnered and perhaps teach Abuse the ways of the Mission, please and thank you, amen.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:30 am

Mitz shakes his head, smiling fondly. "I think we've already gone over this? Uh. If it's sweet? It's good," he says.
Romana comes down from upstairs, having decided to give them some time, and puts her hand on Snooze's shoulder encouragingly. "Very nice, boys," she says, looking at the table.
"Thank you," Mitz replies, ducking his head.

I'm not sure if that'll do it, Damian, but it'll make B think about maybe opening the Batfamily circle. By the time they actually patrol officially together, they would have been friends for mooooooooonths.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 pm

"Thank you, Mom." Snooze reaches up to touch her hand, pleased. "I should check on the food. It should be close to ready," he says, and it's hard to deny the excitement in his voice. He's always so happy to present food, even if he's done the same meal twelve times already.

It will make a lot more sense to have someone from the inner circle teaching the new kid how to do things properly, Batman, it totes makes sense. Damian is being true to the mission!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Romana smiles warmly at Snooze, enjoying that he's calling her mom so often because he can, because they both want it, and sits down at the table. She purposefully sits so that Snooze and Mitz will be right next to each other.
Mitz watches Snooze go back to the oven and then sits down as well. He stays quiet. He doesn't know how to start a conversation and Romana's happy to sit in silence for a little while so they just sit and wait.

Batman doesn't trust randomers only because his son has an obvious crush.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:39 pm

When Snooze emerges, carrying three plates piled high with steaming hot lasagne, he looks very pleased with himself. He lays the plates out and slides into the seat next to Mitz. Then he remembers: "the water." He vanishes into the kitchen again, and after a moment, pokes his head out to ask if anyone wants anything else to drink. He likes being a host.

Randomers who have a pretty serious Venom problem and clearly need to be trained, though.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Romana watches Snooze run off with fond amusement. Mitz half gets up to help but Snooze is probably back before he can even get out of the chair. "You didn't have to do all that by yourself," Mitz tells him. "I didn't even think, sorry, that's so much to carry by yourself."

Clearly needs to be observed, certainly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Snooze slides the jug of water and the glasses of various drinks onto the table, his long fingers stretched wide around them. He gestures for Mitz to sit back down. "It is quite all right, I like to show off a little. You might have guessed." He sits, finally, next to Mitz, and breathes out. "Moment of truth."

Best to keep an eye on him up close!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:25 pm

Romana pours out water for them all, then raises her glass. "Thank you very much, Snooze. It looks amazing," she praises.
"I'm actually finding it really hard to stay polite and not just dig in like crazy right now," Mitz agrees, laughing.

Up close, yes. On the battlefield, no.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:29 pm

Snooze smiles at them both, practically glowing. He picks up his glass and, once Mitz has raised his, they can all toast--even if it is, technically, bad luck to toast with water. "Thank you for coming. Thank you for helping," he says, to Mitz, and then to Romana. "We should eat, before it cools off."

Damian won't be distracted from his responsibilities, from the mission, just because he's on babysitting duty.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Romana is so proud of Snooze, it's stupid.
Mitz doesn't need to be told twice. He takes one forkful and bounces happily while he chews. "I didn't eat all day," he tells Snooze like it's a secret. "I was looking forward to this so much."

No, he won't. And if he is, he'll be he'll responsible.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 pm

"A good thing we bought snacks, too," Snooze says mostly to Romana, but smiling at Mitz. He takes his own first mouthful, and then--wow. Yeah. He did this right. He makes a surprised, very happy noise, very low and pleased.

He knows that. Damian can handle responsibility.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:07 am

Romana makes a sort of a laughing noise, but she's too busy enjoying her dinner to properly engage with that bit of friendly joking.
Mitz goes a little red when Snooze makes that noise, then goes even redder when he realises what just happened, then shakes his head a little as he tells himself that it's /fine/ they're supposed to be boyfriends and boyfriends look at each other like that, probably, so it's /fine/. Snooze'll just think Mitz is a really great actor. "I mean, don't be so grateful about that," Mitz ducks his head. He can join in with teasing if it's directed at him and it's not mean. "Because I might eat everything you have. I'd say hide some now? Just to be safe."

Bruce will be the judge of that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:50 am

"No, we bought it to be eaten," Snooze assures him. He's a little bit fixed on Mitz's reddened cheeks at the moment, his eyes oddly bright. "If not today, then tomorrow, for sure. How long can you stay tomorrow?"

Bruce will be the judge, jury and executioner of that, probably.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:40 am

Mitz pauses in the middle of taking another bite of lasagne, putting his fork down to talk. That seems polite. "Indefinitely? I'm not really supposed to be back at any time. Jerel might call to make sure I'm still around, but that's about it. That's okay?"

Oh man like you would not believe.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:18 pm

Snooze nods, quickly swallowing his own mouthful. "Of course. As long as we get around to homework at some point," he adds, with a little grin and a darted look towards Romana.

Damian will be Very Upset if Bruce kills his friend/dumps his friend in Blackgate.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:02 pm

"I'd prefer it if you two made at least an effort this evening," Romana says with a smile. She knows nothing is actually going to be done, but they have to make a start.
"Absolutely," Mitz nods earnestly. "Homework, right. We'll do it after dinner?" He doesn't want Snooze's mom to think he's a slacker.

Bruce won't kill anyone on purpose. And it really depends on his behavior, doesn't it? When it comes to Blackgate.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:21 am

Snooze winks at her. They can make a /start/, certainly, but Snooze is sort of hoping they'll do some stargazing, film-watching, and also... maybe something else. That's a lot to squeeze into a few short hours before their sleep curfew.
"Of course," is what he says, though.

And his behaviour will be better if he has Damian to look up to.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:03 am

Romana smiles into her glass of water. Snooze is enjoying himself, so she's enjoying herself. Regardless of what the boys promise to do about their homework, she's going to make herself scarce after dinner anyway.
Mitz hums happily. The way Snooze said that made it clear that Mitz said the right thing. He relaxes with every bite of lasagne and with very word he doesn't mess up.

That's an assumption that could go very wrong if incorrect.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 am

Snooze prompts a discussion about what Romana does for work, so Mitz can get an idea, and they talk, too, about the movies the boys might like to watch, and the stargazing books Mitz brought with him. Snooze wants very badly for Mitz and Romana to like each other.
Eventually, it's time for him to dish out the ice cream sorbet thing. He brings the whole machine into the dining room, along with the bowls and spoons. Much more dramatic, this way, and of course, comfort will be immediate if it all turns to slop the instant he opens the lid.

Damian is rarely incorrect. Sniff.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Mitz has no idea how to talk to Romana the way that other kids talk to adults, since he has no real experience of that. He knows that sometimes Mouse's mom likes it when he calls her 'ma'am', so he does that. "That sounds interesting, ma'am," and "So you work in government, ma'am," because he wants to keep talking without ruining things. 'Ma'am' gives Mitz a filler word that doesn't make him sound like an idiot.
Romana thinks it's a little endearing but also she feels aged. Thankfully she doesn't let it get to her. Mostly she's just happy to see Snooze excited about things; the stargazing and the movies and the ice-cream. Having him call her mom was one huge step towards them being a family and having him happy in another.
"Oh man," Mitz breathes when Snooze brings out the machine and utensils. "I'm actually really excited? This is going to be great."

Damian rarely admits when he incorrect. That's different.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Snooze will probably, at some point, in private, ask Romana if it's all right if it's all right if Mitz calls her 'Romana' or something, and let Mitz know. He's happy to be the go-between for making them both more comfortable with each other.
"I hope so." Snooze breathes out in a rush, then sets his hand to the lid and unlocks it. He plunges in the serving spoon--and when he pulls out a helping, it rests in a perfect quinelle on the spoon. It's over-icey, but otherwise it holds its shape, like it should. "Well, that went better than expected," he says, surprised and pleased.

It's very rare that he winds up being anything close to /incorrect/. A little off, here or there. A differing interpretation, occasionally.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:50 am

"Stop staring at it and serve," Romana says with a huge smile, almost whining with impatience. "I've been looking forward to this since you spotted it in the store."
Mitz laughs, hiding it behind his hand. He likes watching moms be moms.

And Bruce's interpretation is the only one that matters.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down