[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Snooze slides the bowl in front of her, then quickly dishes up another for Mitz. Once he has his own bowl in hand, he sets the lid back on, then looks at them expectantly. He's not going to take the first mouthful; he knows he'll eat it, no matter how it turned out. He's waiting for the verdict on whether they'll eat it or not.

So Gotham is a dictatorship now?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:59 am

Mitz doesn't know what's going on but if Snooze isn't eating then he's not eating, so he ends up looking at Romana as well, a little lost.
Sighing, though fondly, Romana tastes the ice-cream first. "Snooze," she says, covering her mouth and then swallowing because she was in such a rush to say something. "I don't think we're ever going to buy store ice-cream ever again."

Wayne Manor is. For Damian, at least.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Snooze absolutely beams. "Thank you, Mom. Thank you, I--you always seem to know what I want to hear." He reaches out and nudges Mitz's bowl a little closer to him. "What do you think?"
His spoon hovers over his own bowl. Still, he needs that validation before he lets himself indulge. This is an important moment.

That hardly meets with Bruce's espousals of justice and democracy.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:19 am

Mitz feels a little pressured but not as much as he would be if it were just him and Snooze tasting. At least Romana took the first step, as it were. He takes his spoonful, tastes, and hums. He doesn't say anything but he does nod enthusiastically and then takes another spoonful before he's even swallowed his first.

Things change when you're a father.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:08 pm

Snooze breathes a sigh of relief. He trusted Romana's verdict, but people can have different taste buds; he could have gotten it right, and yet Mitz still might not have liked it. But he does like it. Snooze straightens his back and starts to eat--and holy crap, he really did get it right. He closes his eyes as he takes the next mouthful, just so he can enjoy the taste more fully, and underneath the table he's practically swinging his legs--but very small swings, very controlled. Not too much.

Let Damian know if that day ever arrives, so he can prepare for it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:39 am

Separately and completely unaware of the other, Romana and Mitz look at Snooze with two different kinds of adoration while he's being that cute.

Bruce sighs, heavy and put-upon. No matter how deeply Damian means to wound Bruce, he won't allow Damian's little friend out on patrol. It would just put him in danger.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Snooze has a small smile for both of them at separate times; the smiles are different. When they're done, he clears the table. They ate the whole serve of ice-cream-sorbet-whatever-it-was. There's still some dinner left, though, and he's sweeping through packaging it up for leftovers as quick as possible. He cleans up his own messes; he's not just going to leave all of it because he has a guest.

He will be going out anyway. So all Bruce is doing is making sure that he's out there alone, and largely untrained.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Romana attempts small talk with Mitz for a short time but Mitz quickly excuses himself to go help Snooze. Or to try to help, anyway.
"Do you need me to do anything? Your mom's nice. Really nice," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "And the food was really good. Uh. Do you need help?" He doesn't know what to do, now.

He will not be going out anyway because he will get hurt, so Damian will talk him out of it. Bruce has...put too many young people in harm's way in his life. He does not want the burden of another.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Snooze is in the middle of scrubbing out the lasagne tray, because you can't leave tomato and cheese to sit. "You can have a look at the ice cream maker now." He gestures to it with a sudsy elbow, and then he smiles at his hands when he gets back to work. "She is nice, isn't she."

Damian will not talk him out of it. Colin has an ability, granted by the Venom. If he does not use it, it will use him. Damian will train him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:43 am

Mitz's hands twitch. He'd love to take a look at it, but only so that he could see if he could make one. He's a hazard, his mother says. Shouldn't do things like that in someone else's home--and besides, he should be sure about what Snooze means. "Do you mean wash it? I don't mind. Totally worth it, for the food and the company and the fact that I didn't feel like I was ruining a family dinner."

Damian will do no such thing. He's not finished his own training. A suitable trainer for Colin Wilkes could be found, but that's not what Damian asked for.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:52 am

Snooze finishes scrubbing off the dish and turns to smile at Mitz, wiping his hands on a towel. "You said you wanted to take a closer look at it. You can wash it if you like, but I meant that you can--do whatever you like with it. Only try not to break it, in case we want to use it again tomorrow."

Damian has trained since the day he opened his eyes. He's more than capable of guiding a partner.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Mitz picks up the ice-cream maker and brings it to the sink, standing close to Snooze while he puts it under the water. "I think I can do both at the same time," he decides out loud.
He might also be the worst at cleaning dishes. He has a dishwasher at home and most of the time Jerel orders out for them anyway.

Damian has never had to deal with Venom and he never will. There are people more suited to training someone like Colin than Damian.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:23 pm

Snooze can help. He's done a lot of dishes in his time, and anticipates doing more if he wants a career in cooking. He helps Mitz take apart the obvious bits that are supposed to come apart so they can clean the nooks and crannies. It's... nice, standing at the sink with Mitz in companionable quiet. It's really nice.

And all of them would break Colin down to build him back up again. That isn't what he needs.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 pm

It's really nice. Mitz only really gets companionable silences with two people and it's rare enough. If Mitz is too quiet with either Jerel or Mouse, eventually they start to wonder if he's okay or not. Mitz turns the dull blades or mixers or whatever they are in his hands, not realising that he's feeling his way about measurements and puzzling optimisation. When they're finished with everything, he smiles a little at Snooze. "I've never met anyone who can cook like that, not without being, uh, a mom? And only one of those. So it's pretty amazing, Snooze. I'd never be able to do that, what you did, for dinner."

Does Damian truly think that Bruce is so heartless? They would not break the boy because Bruce wouldn't allow it. And Damian is hardly the best person to decide what Colin needs. He is obviously biased. Too close. He can't see clearly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:49 pm

"I could teach you," Snooze offers. Then he hesitates. "But I think I would rather cook for you, to be honest. Thank you. I like hearing that I did well. I think I probably made that obvious, waiting for you to eat, earlier."

Bruce wouldn't be able to stop it, Damian mutters. Maybe he does have a bias. But Bruce has been encouraging him to form attachments, and now he is to be scolded for having done so?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:04 pm

"No, no, I get it," Mitz waves his hand, making suds fly in the air around him. He doesn't notice. "It's nice to hear you've done well. I totally get it. And you did really well. I've never--it was really good, Snooze."

Not at all, Damian. Bruce is proud of the attachment he's developed. But that does mean that he can't partake in certain decisions about his friend. In the same sense that Bruce needs many people to advise him on how to continue Damian's education and training, Damian needs to have the wisdom to step back and let someone help him with someone he cares for.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Snooze nudges Mitz's shoulder. "Thank you." There's a soap bubble on Mitz's cheek, and before he can stop himself, he reaches up to wipe it away.

He wants to help Colin. He doesn't want to abandon him to someone else. Colin has been left behind by enough people already.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:46 pm

Mitz doesn't look at Snooze when that happens but he's smiling down at his soapy hands, going pink. He doesn't know what that means but it felt nice. He keeps trying to tell himself not to think about the Whole Snooze Thing too hard because even Mitz knows he can't afford to have another Whole Mouse Thing. It would drive him insane.

He does not have to leave Colin alone, he just cannot be in charge of his training.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:30 pm

They finish the washing up at record speed with two sets of hands, even if Mitz's are inexperienced. Then Snooze draws Mitz out of the kitchen, much as he loves being in it and showing it off, and leads him to the back door. "I'd like to look at the stars before we get too comfortable in the den, if you do not mind."

Damian can /help/. He knows what it is to feel like one body can do too much.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:44 pm

"Okay," Mitz agrees without thinking, then shakes his head. "No, wait, sorry, wait." He runs off to where he has his bag stashed (in the living room, I think) and grabs the book he brought. "I, uh, I have a book light as well," he says, showing Snooze everything. "Just in case it gets too dark. It'll probably be fine, though. Light pollution, you know, from the street and your house. But just in case. Is this--you meant this, right? Uh. When you said the stars? You wanted to go through constellations and stuff?"

Of course Damian can help. He really has to stop assuming that Bruce is cutting him off entirely from things just because he can't be in charge of projects.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Snooze opens the back door. "Yes, exactly. I set up these this afternoon." He gestures to the small back lawn and the swag rolls pitched on the lawn. Romana's camping gear is dusty and old, but good enough for an hour or two out in the back yard. "We can lay down in relative warmth, I thought."

Perhaps Damian is tired of being an afterthought.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Mitz smiles at the rolls as though it were a candlelit dinner set up for just the two of them. "This is great, Snooze," he says softly.

Sigh. Damian, you are not an afterthought. You are simply not experienced enough to run something like this. Not that he isn't experienced in other matters, but certainly not this. Come to Bruce with something that he has extensive experience in. Run an op with one of his brothers to shake down trafficking rings, perhaps. He could do that without supervision. And he would be good at it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Snooze puts an arm around Mitz's back and leads him down the steps to the backyard. He remembers to flick off the light as they go, just to make the house that little bit darker. Romana's room faces the other way, so they won't have trouble there, and the house shades much of the light from the streetlamps. "I was hoping you would say that. I have thought about this."

If it is supervision that is the problem, then perhaps Damian can be trained to train others while that person trains Colin. He can observe the teacher. He wants to know how to train others capably, if this is an area in which he is lacking.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Mitz doesn't know what to do with that information. "I hope it's interesting. I, I mean, I find it interesting, duh, but I hope /you/ find it interesting." Why the hell is he nervous?

Bruce considers this for a moment, then inclines his head. That shouldn't be a problem.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:58 am

"I have heard some of the stories behind the shapes," Snooze tells him as he kneels on the bedroll, nudging it slightly closer to Mitz's so they can sit together and look at the book to start with. "The big ones, you know. The hunter and the bear."

Damian is cautious for a moment. Really?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Mitz opens up the book and lays it in front of Snooze, then looks up. "Orion," he says. Once he finds it, he points. "That's an easy one to find, so long as you look for the belt. And Ursa Major, right? I like that one. You need to know the Big Dipper to find it and everyone likes knowing that one. I suppose it's the most famous? I guess. Um. There are other ones that are better." He quickly leafs through some pages to point out some of them. (I don't know constellations~)

Yes, really. Bruce is opposed to Damian doing things that he is not trained for, but he will not forbid him from training if it benefits him and the Mission.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:01 am

Snooze leans close to Mitz's shoulder, looking at the page, at the sky, and at Mitz's hands tracing over the book. They talk for what must be an hour, eventually settling down to lay in the bedrolls on their backs, Mitz pointing out stars and telling stories, interspersed with details about the real stars and their names and how far away they are, and Snooze plying him with questions. (wibbly wobbly starry warry)

Does Bruce think Damian would be a capable teacher, if he knew the methods?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:37 pm

The more they talk, the more relaxed Mitz gets. Words come easier. He tells the stories like someone who has the confidence to tell them. Even when companionable silence falls while they look up, he doesn't freak out. Snooze with his proper speech and his intimidating good looks and his understated grace, for some reason, doesn't scare the hell out of Mitz. So he sits, leaning back into Snooze's shoulder, smiling up at the sky.

If he left his ego behind him Bruce thinks that Damian would be an amazing teacher, as well as a formidable fighter.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:26 pm

Snooze longs to take Mitz's hand, to wrap his arm around Mitz's waist, to touch him, to do /something/. But he wants this memory, this good, beautiful memory, to last as long as possible. This is possibly the most romantic thing he's ever experienced, and they aren't even properly dating. He almost wants to leave the confession for now, to hold onto /this/--but he knows how he would regret that, later. He will never get another chance like this.
"Mitz," he says, softly.

All he has to do is give in to crippling self-doubt? Well, why didn't Bruce say so earlier.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Mitz is still smiling when he turns to look at Snooze but Snooze's expression makes his heart thump. His eyes widen a little. "Yes?"

Bruce's mouth twitches slightly. It need not be one or the other. Damian could contain multitudes.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:22 am

"I have very much enjoyed pretending to be your boyfriend, these few weeks." Snooze is fixed on Mitz's face, searching for any signs of immediate rejection, even though things have been going so well. "I would like to be your boyfriend without pretending."

Tt. American poetry. How trite.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:22 am

Mitz doesn't really know what happens after Snooze stops talking. His ears are ringing, or he's deaf, or all he can hear his is blood rushing. Stupidly, /so stupidly/, he looks around them in silence. This has to be a trick? Someone's going to jump out of Snooze's hedges and scream SIKE at him any second. "...really?" Mitz asks, genuinely. Really? Me?

Bruce sighs. Damian should read more of it. And take a compliment easier when it's given freely.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Snooze refuses to be cowed by Mitz's hesitation. He's leaning heavy on his arm, supporting himself, giving Mitz only as much space as he can bear. Enough to pull away, but also enough to lean in. "Really. If you will have me."

Compliments are--hrmph. Fine.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:54 am

Mitz licks his lips slowly, thinking. He wants to jump at the opportunity and since it looks like Snooze isn't playing a prank on him, it seems only fair that he should possess all the facts or else Mitz could be accused of pulling a prank on /him/. "But--okay, Snooze, but you're amazing. If you were terrible and you still looked like you do, you'd be amazing, actually. But you're also nice? And funny? And smart? And...your cooking!" Mitz, for a second, gives up on life and flings himself backwards onto the mat, throwing his arm over his eyes so that this is easier. "So I don't know what you are, then, if you aren't amazing. Brilliant is too little a word. I'm--I'm bad at that. Astonishing. You're astonishing. So...so astonishing you would end up with /me/. I can't, I can't even walk at my own prom, Snooze, let alone turn up stag like someone with dignity. I couldn't even ask you out without needing that reason! How is that fair to you, who is astonishing?"
A quick pause.
"Astonishing still isn't the right word, by the way. I'll, I'll, I'll find a better one."

Then learn to take them without sulking, please. Cheer up, son. He got his way today, can't he see that?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:48 pm

Snooze braces himself over Mitz and smiles, letting him talk himself out. He is filled with warmth. "You bring out the best in me. I think you are astonishing, too. And kind, and clever. I would like to know you better."

It feels like he's been taken to school.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:14 am

Mitz moves his arm enough to look at Snooze with one skeptical eye, though Snooze might still be able to see a smile on his face. He can't help it. "I'm not astonishing, Snooze."

Well, Damian is a very capable child but he is still a child. School is what happens.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:02 pm

Snooze studies Mitz's face until he moves his arm, then he meets his eyes. "Ah, see, but you have lived with yourself for quite a long time. You are new to me. Though," he adds. "I think even when you are not new to me, I will still feel this way. I want to."

Tt. Not what he meant.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:09 am

Mitz takes his arm away fully, still smiling a little. He's scared, that hasn't changed just because Snooze said nice things to him, but he really can't help smiling. "I...would love to be your boyfriend," Mitz says quietly, shyly. He's so scared of the words he's saying.

Aha. And what did Damian mean, exactly?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 am

Snooze breaks into a big smile. He comes down to brace himself on his elbows rather than his hands so he can reach up to brush his fingers across Mitz's jaw. "You have no idea how happy that makes me."

It is a thing that people say. Honestly. It means Damian felt like he was ignorant, or misbehaving, and the principal stepped in to correct him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 am

Mitz goes bright red as soon as Snooze's fingers touch him. He just realised how close they are, how close their faces are. "I know how happy it makes me? So there's that," he offers quietly. He glances to the house but he can only look away from Snooze for half a second. "Is your mom okay with...this? Us?"

Sigh. Damian will have to get used to not getting absolutely everything his way at some stage, you know. He still did win. Just not the way he hoped.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:24 pm

"She is." Snooze knew, coming to Romana's, that there was no way he would hide himself again, even if it got him sent away. But she won't send him away. "Not with us sleeping in the same bed," he adds, with a tiny smile. "But just the same as if you were my girlfriend, I believe."

He likes getting things his way. It's more convenient, and it usually works out better.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 pm

"Oh my god," Mitz says breathlessly, laughing a little and going bright red. "No, no, I didn't mean---not about sharing a bed. Oh wow. Uh. Wow. But I mean, no, that's good. She's nice. Of course she's nice about this. Us. You. Me."

That is entirely debatable but Bruce doubts Damian wants to go into the particulars of that statement right now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:21 pm

"She wants me to be happy." Snooze traces his fingers across Mitz's cheek again. "She is the best mother I have ever had, and I have had several. Coming here--living with her--meeting you--" He smiles slowly.

Tt. Fine. Damian is sure this conversation has already lasted too long for Bruce's comfort.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:03 am

Mitz's whole body tingles at the touch. It's weird, but good. "I've got nothing to do with how cool your mom is," he says, still pink. Snooze compliments so easily. Mitz doesn't know what to do with that.

If that's how Damian wants to write the narrative.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Snooze knows the value of a compliment. "Those are all things that have made my life worth living."

Tt. Please. (Damian is pretty done.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down