[rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [rl!verse] Pretend Dating 1.0.

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:33 pm

"I have had many different levels of food in my life," Snooze assures Mitz. "When it comes to food, I enjoy just about everything. You will see," he promises. He still remembers Romana being thoroughly amused by how much Snooze enjoyed even the simplest of meals she knew how to make, his first few weeks with her.

Jerel's pretty sure they haven't yet become JerelandDick though, right? He's got this weird high school memory of hating couples who become like one person.

Damian is always so graceful. Colin wishes he'd look that cool when he shrugs. "I don't know, I mean -- where are we going? There's a couple of shops around here that have stuff, but I don't know if it's what we're looking for. I mean, it's what I'd be looking for if I was looking alone, but since I asked for your help -- I don't know?" Colin rubs the back of his head.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:36 am

Mitz gives Snooze a gently skeptical look--or, it starts out regularly skeptical then he feels like he shouldn't act so sarcastically at Snooze in case he gets mad and then he eases up his expression. He does this while pushing the door to the dining room open. 
The living room has two doors, one into the hall and one leading into the dining room. Usually the dining room is where Jerel and Mitz do their homework, or where Helen plans out book structures. Jacob never really uses it that Mitz knows of. As far as he knows, this is the first time it's been used for food. It's definitely the first time he's seen the table set for it, anyway. "Uh," he manages when they walk in. "Take, take a seat?"

Dunno what to tell you, sunshine. Dick'll probably become part of Jerel before Jerel becomes part of him. If that makes sense. Don't think about it too hard, huh? 

"We will walk to the stores around here," Damian decides, hopefully speaking reassuringly. "No doubt they will have what we are looking for and there will be no panic. I seem to be taking over this endeavor. Do you even /like/ green?"
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:29 pm

"This looks nice," Snooze says. He's still kind of stuck on the way Mitz's expression softened when he looked at Snooze. That was really nice. "Where do you want to sit? We should sit on the side with two plates, yes? Next to each other."

Yeah, Jerel's pretty sure Dick was attached to Jerel before Jerel even knew who Dick was beyond the costume. It's sweet. It's also kind of daunting? Like, god, Jerel's a pretty shitty person, all things considered. He's trying, and he's getting better, but he's still pretty shitty. So it's daunting, having someone be attached to him. In case he fucks up, you know? ...he's probably thinking about it too hard.

"I do," Colin assures Damian, while himself, yes, being reassured. It's always kind of nice to see Damian's growth as a person, making sure out loud that Colin's okay instead of just assuming he is. "I don't think I own anything green? But I do like the colour, definitely. I don't mind you taking over, that's why I asked you to help. You know this stuff. I trust you. And you're not going to just put me in something I hate, I know that."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:44 am

Mitz nods, slightly worried that no-one else is in the room. He pulls out a seat for Snooze without really thinking. It seems like the nice thing to do. 

He's probably thinking about it waaaaaay too hard. And, uh, hey. Take it from someone who keeps fucking up: Dick's not going to give up on someone he loves. It's just not in him. Even when he really should walk away, like in Jason's case, he just won't. So Jerel's okay. 

"Mm. If you hated something but looked amazing then I would find a way to get you to wear it," Damian says mock-seriously. "But that is your own fault for putting your trust in me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Snooze is pretty enchanted by the gesture, and he files it away for future reference and use. The enchantment shows as a tiny little curl of his lips, and he nods to Mitz as he sits.

Jerel wants to be better than okay.

"The point is for me to look amazing for my date, right?" Colin points out. He always thoroughly enjoys Damian's serious jokes, it plays right into his sense of humour (his sense of humour that he developed after spending time with Damian). "That's how you'd get me to wear it. Just keep telling me how good it looks and I'll cave."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 am

Mitz touches Snooze's shoulder after he sits down, then looks around. "I, uh. I don't know where everyone is," he says. It's starting to worry him. "Do you think they just forgot? That would be great." He grins at Snooze suddenly. It would be great if they had the house to themselves for no reason. But, chances are, everyone was just in the kitchen critiquing each other. 

Jason rolls his eyes. Christ, Sunshine. They're both better than okay. Let Jason be casual about this, will you? The fact that he's giving Dick's boyfriend relationship advice while he's banging two of his exes isn't that great, y'see? So he has to be caj. 

"Ah, your suggestion is duly noted," Damian smirks. "I will be sure to flatter you until you do as I wish in the future."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:54 pm

"If they did, I will cook us something from your cupboard and fridge," Snooze promises. He grins back. There is warmth radiating out from the touch of Mitz's fingers.

You know what, it's a pretty tight-knit world that Dick and Jason and all of them are living in, that Jerel's living in now, too. That doesn't make it okay that Jason's dating Dick's exes, but it's also -- it's not like it would be for normal people. That doesn't make sense. Whatever, his mother's the one with all the psych degrees, Jerel can't put the thoughts to words and he never wanted to.

Colin laughs. "I'm already following your footsteps in my neighbourhood and all you said was that I look nice in green. You're doing a pretty swell job already."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:35 pm

"That implies that there is something in our kitchen," Mitz snorts, then stills. Footsteps coming closer to the room absolutely kill his easy mood with Snooze and put him on edge. His heart jumps into his throat. 
The door to the dining room opens and Jacob comes in carrying a casserole tray, wearing oven mitts and generally not looking where he's going. He nearly bumps into Mitz on his way to put the tray on its spot on the table. "Oh, junior," he mutters, putting a hand on Mitz's head. Mitz looks put out. "Careful there." 

Yeah, y'know, that's what Roy says too. Not that thing about his mom having the words. Jason means about how everyone knows each other so everyone fucks each other. That's one thing for regular humans like Jason and Roy and, even though she's not human--did Jerel know that, by the way?--Kory. But Dick's just different. It's worse, too, because he doesn't mind. He hurts, and they hurt him, but he doesn't mind. He's just happy for them. Jason shakes his head, waving his hands. Never fucking mind. This therapy session is too lame for him to sit through. 

Damian's smirk softens. Or, at least, it loses its smugness. "You would look amazing in green," he says sincerely. "We must only, now, discover which shade would be the best."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Snooze finds that a little strange, the hand on Mitz's head -- like Mitz is about ten years younger than he is. Nevertheless -- Snooze stands and, when Jacob puts the tray down, he offers Jacob his hand. "Good evening, Mr. Stillhaven."

Dick loves so much and so fast. Jerel doesn't say anything about it out loud, but he's remembering the night he spent in Dick's bed as Dick's hired prostitute, where they had a pillow wall and gentle touching, when Dick looked at him like he hung the moon when he said something nice. He's really something. They're both pretty lucky to have him close by.

Colin's grin is still wide, but it's definitely gone soft around the edges. "If we go too green I could end up reminding my date of Christmas napkins," he says, running his hand through his hair again.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Jacob blinks at Snooze like he appeared out of thin air, but smiles, using his free hand to take Snooze's. "Manners," he mutters, like he's taking notes. It sounds good, at least. He speaks in a normal tone, then. "Hello. Junior tells me you like to be called Snooze? That can't be a birth name." 

Jason shrugs. Sure. They're really lucky. He's a doll. 

Damian is always impressed with how thick Colin's hair seems when he does that. Usually ginger hair seems so delicate, thin. Colin manages to seem robust. "I give you my word, Wilkes. That will not happen."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 pm

Snooze offers a polite half-smile. "My surname does not match my birth records, either," he says, rather than give up the information -- even Mitz doesn't know his birth name, since Snooze got to all his teachers before they could humiliate him on the roll call. "Snooze is best, thank you."

And Jerel thinks that Dick's kind of lucky to have them, too. Because hey, Jerel's known quite a few relationships to bust up because of double-dipping in the dating pool. Dick and Jason have stuck it out. That's really something.

Colin remembers a whole lot of yanking with the hairbrush, so he's not as impressed with the thickness of it, but he's done a pretty good job of avoiding having it cut lately, so it's all his own fault if he doesn't like it. "Well, like I said, I trust you. I'll put my foot down if my shirt ends up with twinkle lights, though -- I'll know you're having me on."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:29 pm

"Very mysterious," Jacob decides with a very parental kind of condescending smile and a nod. He lets go of Snooze's hand and ruffles Mitz's hair again. Mitz tries to draw away from it, but it doesn't work. "There's more food, and I'm supposed to be bringing it out. Your mother and brother will be along shortly, Junior." 
"Thanks," Mitz replies, because he sees it for what it is; a friendly warning. He watches for Snooze reaction to his father, the sociable version of his father anyway, as Jacob goes back into the kitchen for more food. 

Yeah, the family who practices vigilantism together stays together, he supposes. Either they fall out or they don't. They still have to work together. 

"Drat. My evil plan is foiled," Damian says drily. "Now I must come up with another dastardly plot."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Snooze finds this man formal and odd, slightly off-kilter with the world. The hair ruffling, yet again -- it's like Jacob still thinks Mitz is a little kid. Snooze watches him go, then turns his polite smile on Mitz and lets it grow back to something more real. "That was not too bad," he says, very quietly, in case Mitz's mother and brother are in fact /right there/.

It's all about bonding in crisis, really, isn't it? Bonding under pressure. They're all diamonds in the rough, Jerel grins.

"With your mind, I'm sure you've already got fourteen alternatives," Colin teases.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Mitz snorts quietly. "That? That wasn't even the training level," he mutters, smiling apologetically at Snooze and turning to watch the door. If his mother arrives first then maybe he can approach it as though he were ripping off a bandaid. The longer she stays away, the longer Mitz worries about it. 

Sunshine, you're making it real difficult for Jason to keep his promise about flirting with Dick's current boyfriend. 

"Sixteen," Damian corrects, joking. "But I'm almost sure four of those plans involve hiring a jet first."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 am

Snooze reaches out and touches Mitz's hand. "Are you going to sit?"

Words are words. The flirting is in the intent. If anyone knows the difference between someone being nice and someone flirting, it's Jerel, come on.

"You have to hire a jet?" Colin hides his surprise by laughing and sticking his nose in the air. "Well, that's just not good enough. I have to go hang out with my friends who have their /own/ jets, now."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:24 am

Mitz jumps and looks at Snooze's hand on his own. "Uh. Yeah! Good idea," Mitz says, maybe too loud. He sits down, not moving his hand that Snooze is touching. It might make for an awkward series of movements, but he doesn't want Snooze to feel like he's being shaken off.
And it would be a nice moment, but then every Stillhaven walks into the room carrying food and making Mitz's stomach drop to the floor. 

Sure, it's Jerel. But sometimes Jason isn't sure he gets the difference. 

"I am not allowed to have a pilot's license and all my plots would require that kind of thing," Damian tsks. "Come now, Wilkes. Be reasonable."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:35 am

Snooze actually takes Mitz's hand and brings it down off the back of the chair (I think that's where they were?). He squeezes Mitz's fingers and stands up again, dipping his head a little, almost like he would have bowed. "Good evening, Mrs. Stillhaven. Hello, Jerel."

Well, Jason's intent is pretty clear. So it's all good.

Colin totally giggles, though he'd deny it. "Okay, you might not have your pilot's license, but I bet you can still fly, can't you? Like, I bet you can drive, too. I can't imagine the lack of a license stopping you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:58 am

Jacob smiles, amused, at Snooze's antics while putting down another platter and taking his seat. Helen doesn't even look at Snooze straight away; she's busy making sure that Jacob and Jerel have placed the plates in the right places. When she's satisfied, she looks at Snooze and gives him a nod. "You're the boy who Mitz has become infatuated with," she says, as though it's something normal to say to someone. She's just showing she knows who he is. "It is interesting to have a face to put to the descriptions, since Mitz tends to only use personality as a way to differentiate individuals instead of the usual, physical, differences that most use." She motions for Snooze to take his seat as she sits. 
Mitz has his eyes closed, embarrassed by that whole exchange. 

Sure thing. If Jerel says so. Jason's not so sure. 

"I can neither confirm nor deny such claims," Damian grins as he spots a thrift store.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:11 am

Jerel doesn't do anything nearly as polite as close his eyes. He rolls them instead. "You say that like you'd ever be satisfied with a physical description, Helen. Pretty sure you'd never let Mitz get away with telling you just someone's eye colour and hair colour." He reclines in his own seat opposite Snooze and Mitz and smirks at them both. "Hey, kids."
Snooze has already sat back down next to Mitz, and he has not yet managed to let go of Mitz's hand. Maybe he's forgotten or maybe he's holding on while Mitz's eyes are closed, as if to keep him here in his chair. Snooze is only interested in being here while Mitz is here, too. "I was going to say," he said, ignoring Jerel's smirking, "that despite being neighbours, I think this is the first time I have seen you, as well."

Jason thinks of himself as the bad guy kind of a lot, huh.

Colin follows along as Damian changes the direction, barely missing a step. "But somehow on your sixteenth birthday you'll be a sudden prodigy, right?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 am

"It was not a criticism, Jeremiah," Helen says. "Rather, I think that you could learn a thing or two about how your brother presents information on people important to him." She turns her attention back on Snooze. "I don't see why you would see me around. I'm usually working and you do not frequent the places where my work takes place." 
Mitz takes a breath and stirs slightly. "Wow, what is for dinner, this is a lot of food," he says pointedly. That jab at Jerel will either be ignored or start a fight and, though he /knows/ Mother is trying to be normal she just. really. isn't. 

He's a bad, rude man, Sunshine. 

"I am always a prodigy," Damian replies. He's not boasting. He's stating a fact. He literally is /always/ a prodigy. That is what his mother wanted, that is what his mother got. "But I'm sure there is a chance, however slim, that driving my present difficulties by my sixteenth birthday."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:17 am

Snooze has no idea what to say to that statement of fact, so he's glad that Mitz speaks up and starts a new thing. "It smells delicious," he adds, because he honestly does think it does.
"It's edible," Jerel says. "Hopefully."

He's really not all that bad, babycheeks. There's bad and there's bad, and Jason's one of 'em, and only one of 'em.

Colin laughs and twists Damian's sentence with wordplay. "Or really, that you will be driving your present with no difficulties. Oh, yeah!"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:29 am

Jacob starts pointing at dishes. "Potatoes, pasta casserole, Jeremiah made a gravy--which is certainly edible, there's vegetables here. I think this is soup? We weren't sure where to start so we did everything," he explains to Snooze.
"Why though," Mitz asks no-one. Jacob gives him a Look. 
"We wanted a sufficient excuse to meet this boyfriend."
"No point in doing anything by halves," Helen adds as she starts serving out food for herself. 
Mitz's blush is a deep red and he holds on tighter to Snooze's hand under the table. 

Stick around for a few more months and then tell him the same spiel, 'kay? In the meantime, keep Dick being all happy like he is. It's been a while since he's been like this. 

Damian gives Colin a withering look. "/Wilkes/," he says, mock-affronted. "We are in public and you are making puns."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:36 am

Snooze sweeps his thumb over Mitz's knuckles, reassuring. They might, in truth, be a lot less than boyfriends, but he really -- too much -- enjoys pretending. "Well, I look forward to trying everything," Snooze tells them. Talking about the food is such a safe topic of conversation. He starts to spoon some potatoes onto his plate. "Did it take very long to prepare?"
He raises his eyebrows at Mitz, asking silently if Mitz wants potatoes.

He's going to. He's not going to say that he plans to, or that he'll do his best. He's going to. That's that. Jerel says it as firm as he can.

"Really loudly, too," Colin says, really loudly. He laughs. "People are staring and everything, look."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:52 am

"Longer than it should have, no doubt," Jacob admits. He makes a shooing motion to Jerel, trying to get him to put more vegetables on his plate, as he talks. "We are not...hm. What is the best way to put it? Culinarily active?"
"Gastronomically interested," Helen suggests. 
"Comestibly gifted," Mitz snorts, nodding at Snooze for his potatoes and reaching to pour them all some water. 

Attaboy. 
(I think these guys are done. Jason's just getting more and more worried that he's going to trip, fall and end up making out with Dick's boyfriend even though he doesn't really want to.) 

"Can't take you anywhere," Damian replies, almost grinning and holding the door to the shop open for Colin.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Jerel has no problem with vegetables when they're properly cooked. These have been boiled beyond the point of still having any texture, so he cherry-picks the best of the bunch and slathers it all in his gravy.
Snooze dips a spoonful of potatoes onto Mitz's plate and tilts his head. He hasn't heard that one before, and since it's food, he is willing to ask. "Comestibly? What is a --?"

(He forgets that making out takes two people. If he does trip and fall, Jerel will just pat him gently on the cheek and push him back.)

Colin waltzes in ahead of Damian and laughs. "You just have to follow me and apologise," he agrees -- well aware that it's what some of Damian's brothers say about Damian.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:50 pm

"'Comestibly' is an adverb that Mitz made up in order to keep up," Helen explains. "Comestible is an adjective that means, more or less, edible. You were right to point out the flaw in the sequence." 
Mitz goes pink but gives Snooze a small shake of his head. He knows that's not how Snooze meant it. 

(But Jason is irresistible! Right!)

"I will not apologise," Damian says, affronted. He also fights very hard not to wrinkle his nose at the smell of mothballs and old clothes as they walk into the building. "I will spin it so that everyone thinks that your god-awful puns are the height of humor and sophistication."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:16 pm

"I am always interested to learn new food terms," Snooze says, arguing without arguing. They continue to pass the dishes of food around and when Snooze has a full plate in front of himself, he looks at it like it's a royal feast.

(Jason is gorgeous, there's no doubt. Charming, too. But for Jerel, it's Dick. That's the ballgame.)

"I know I'd believe you, so you've already got one in your corner," Colin teases. He makes a beeline for the big jackets and blazers that are about four sizes too big for him, thinking he can hide himself in a big enough jacket come the dance, but then he catches himself and turns around and looks for the business shirts.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Mitz looks at his own full plate, which is clearly not cooked too well apart from the casserole by some odd miracle, then gives Snooze a quietly bemused look. 
"Perhaps we could have a themed game of Scrabble later," Helen says would-be-casually but giving Jacob a pointed look, which he catches. He pokes at his food distantly, trying to remember where the board games were put away when they decided that the boys were too advanced to play them and get any stimulus from. 

(Everyone has their off days. Roy and Kory are having a long series of them.) 

Damian cocks his head and watches Colin walk with purpose, second guess himself, then start to get more and more unsure. He strolls over to the shirts in the kids' section of the shop, though it's meager. "My intention would not be to convince you, but I thank you anyway."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:26 pm

No doubt Snooze can see all the ways he would have cooked this food differently. He still likes being cooked for, though. It gives him all kinds of warm, connectedness feelings. He smiles at Mitz and it's definitely a specific "look, food!" smile, and he digs in.
"Scrabble with this crowd. That's going to be interesting. I might have to get suddenly and violently ill," Jerel muses.

(That's not giving them very much credit.)

Colin catches Damian's easy stroll and heads after him, relieved that Damian has some idea of what to look for. "Any time. So -- green, huh?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:07 am

Mitz almost forgets to get worried about his family talking about board games, Snooze's smile is so surprising. Anyone smiling at this table is surprising. Mitz is enamoured. 
Helen sniffs and reaches for the gravy boat. "Don't be crude, Jeremiah. If you applied yourself to the game you might come close to your father's score this time."

(Jason doesn't know what to say to that. Mostly he shrugs.) 

"Green," Damian agrees, pushing through the shirts. "Nothing too light, nothing too intense. We do not want to wash you out and we do not want you do clash with yourself. A fine line, but one that can be walked."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Snooze wishes they were properly dating. Then he might be brave enough to touch Mitz's leg under the table. He has often wondered what that's like. He might brush his foot against Mitz's at some point.
"I could beat the pants off both of you after three shots with a hand tied behind my back." Jerel barely even bothers to smirk. "Fortunately I've dedicated myself to being as disappointing as I possibly can, so you'll never know the taste of that crushing defeat."

(If he'd talk to them he might find out different.)

Colin wrinkles his nose at polka dots and paisley, which seem to be the dominating patterns of the day. "I can see why most of this stuff got donated," he admits. "Like, I like places like this, because when you find something you feel so accomplished that you've found something, mostly. The hoodies are good." He casts a longing look towards the winterwear.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:44 am

"If we all play without getting to, uh, y'know--nasty?" Mitz says, quiet and almost scared. He doesn't really want them to play because he knows how it'll go but he wishes it wasn't like that. "I think it could be fun. Right? No crushing defeat or disappointment needed." 
"Oh, don't bother, Junior," Helen waves her hand dismissively. "Your brother is just attempting to goad me into some kind of forced compliment of his intellect, which is beneath him. And honestly, I don't think it would be entirely fair to your friend here. Would it?"
Mitz frowns, very hard, at his food but doesn't reply. 
Mostly Jacob just looks worried because Jerel really shouldn't be drinking. 

There is absolutely no way Jason is going to talk to Roy or Kory about his insecurities. 

"The day they figure out a way for hoodies to be accepted as formal wear will be a great day indeed," Damian smirks, but he is actually agreeing with Colin. He would rather be comfortable is he had choice.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:32 pm

"It is never much use playing Scrabble without all the letters," Snooze says after a moment. He says it more to Mitz than anyone else, trying to encourage Mitz to look up again, even though he's replying to the others. "The last time I played, we had lost the 'e's. I was not creative enough to work with that particular limitation."
Jerel toys with his fork, and the casserole twisting underneath it. Maybe Jerel wouldn't be drinking if he could get an unprompted compliment on something every now and then. Or once.

Knowing the troubles that plague the world they live in, maybe it'll end up happening without his say so.

"We could always start the trend?" Colin suggests, but he's joking. He wouldn't dream of looking anything less than his best on a special night. He doesn't dress up much. It might be good to find something /nice/. He pushes through the racks, and suddenly his hand lands on a soft green shirt. He pulls it out of the rack and frowns. "Is -- what do you think of this green? Is this the right kind of green?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:04 am

"We played Scrabble entirely in Dutch, once," Mitz offers, turning his head to the side to side at Snooze and no-one else. "We didn't have enough k's or j's for spell anything substantial." 
Helen doesn't say anything but watches Snooze with a cocked head while she chews slowly. Very considering. Thankfully Mitz is focussing on Snooze otherwise he would be nervous. 

Damian lifts the arm of the shirt, checking the color of it against Colin's skin. It's not terrible. "Would you like to try it on and see if it fits?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:36 pm

"Especially since there are no ks or js in the word substantial," Snooze teases with a half-smile. "You can speak Dutch? That is very -- cool. Is Dutch Denmark or the -- Holland, is it?" His geography lessons have been understandably patchy. He feels okay asking Mitz for help, though.
Jerel catches the considering look and he rolls his eyes. Helen's preparing to rip the kid to shreds. That's a pity. Maybe Jerel will intervene.

Colin looks around, all nervous now without being able to explain why. "I don't think there are any change rooms. Do you see - should I just get it? I don't - what do you think?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:07 pm

Mitz is nodding and opening his mouth to reply, maybe even continue the conversation, but Jacob takes it instead. "The Netherlands, yes, Holland" he says. Mitz sighs quietly at his food but takes this as his cue to actually eat instead of talk. He might have said more words in front of his parents tonight than in the whole month. "Helen's family is Dutch going back several generations." 
"We don't really speak Dutch," Mitz says, nearly whispers, shaking his head. He both wants to save Snooze from the boring speech his father is about to launch into and to dispel any claim he could have to a false 'cool'. "We know a little. Like, patches? Not fluent or anything." 
(Just checking in on this line. It's very Stillhaven heavy and I have a LOT of headcanons that might be being thrown at you out of nowhere. Is this fun for you still?) 

A lot of stuff happens without Jason's say so. He learns to roll with it, most of the time.

Damian frowns, confused at Colin's anxiety. "If you like, it could be bought," he allows slowly. "But...wait here a moment. Just a moment." Damian gives Colin what he hopes is a reassuring look and then goes to find someone in charge to see if there's a changing room.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:36 pm

"The Netherlands," Snooze echoes, learning. He remembers hearing that somewhere. It sounds right. He finds it curious that Jacob and Helen both cut Mitz off so quickly, so often. He's had dinner at peoples' houses and he's had short-term foster families, so it's not the first time he's been exposed to dinner table conversation, but there's still a strange off-tempo rhythm to it. "Still," he adds, looking mostly at Mitz but speaking to the table, "it must be good to have such an interesting heritage." Snooze would like to have any heritage at all.
(It's always fun to discover new facets of old characters. But it's getting a little cumbersome to deal with so many people hanging around. It's up to you, you've got more voices than me!)

Well, I have no doubt that if ever Kory, especially, discovers Jason's insecurities, he will find himself attacked with kindness.

Colin shifts from foot to foot as he waits for Damian to come back. He pokes through more racks of clothes but there's barely anything suitable to wear for a nice dance. Most of it is flannels and tweeds. Colin runs his hand down one warm flannel jacket and decides to come back for it - or something like it - later, when fall approaches. He could use something warm like that if he's going to keep wandering around with Damian.
It turns out there is a change room, though it's little more than a hollow with a curtain strung in front of it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:37 am

"Mm," Helen hums around a mouthful, then swallows before talking. She's still looking at Snooze closely. "It makes sense that you would see it that way. I doubt Mitz thinks the same." 
Very, very slowly, Mitz goes a deep red and stares intently at his peas. 
(I don't mind so much. I quite like playing the long game with Helen instead of trying to make her say the most awful things straight away. I just didn't want to have it so that you felt boxed in or anything.) 

Nnnnnn, no, thank you. That's not really something Jason would want, thank you. Please no. Just pretend like insecurities don't exist. That's much more Jason's pace. 

Wordlessly, Damian fetches Colin and brings him to the changing rooms. "Just to see if it fits," he assures Colin. He doesn't understand the anxiety, but he recognises it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:42 pm

Snooze nudges his foot against Mitz's and finishes his own mouthful. "When it is around every day it does not seem so unique, perhaps."

Right up until he gets pulled into a cuddlepile, sure.

Colin just wants to look /nice/. He's suddenly painfully aware that he's never really looked /nice/ in his life, not all dressed up like Damian gets, and maybe this one time at this one dance is his chance to look nice. He looks at Damian with wide eyes, then bites down on his lip and squares his shoulders and vanishes behind the curtain.
He changes quickly and stares at himself in the tiny mirror. Is this nice? He bites his lip again and fiddles with the curtain, then takes a breath and pushes it aside and looks at Damian expectantly. "What do you think?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:24 am

"I mean only that when someone is lacking something, they tend to imagine it to be more impressive or important than it truly is," Helen explains, then pours out glasses of water for all of them. 
"So!" Mitz bursts suddenly, terrified that his mother will keep talking and insult Snooze. "Snooze is really good at archery. That, uh, that doesn't--not too many people are good at that these days. Right?" 

Cuddlepiles are great, Jason is all about them. He's also all about pretending like he doesn't have any feelings. 

Damian's lips quirk a little bit. He steps forward and fixes Colin's collar. "I think you look very dashing," he says honestly but quietly. His fingers skirt across the edges of the fabric, barely touching the skin on Colin's neck but touching nonetheless.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Snooze's pleasant mood fades a little; Helen was touting the heritage as being something worth talking about, then says Snooze is an idiot for thinking it impressive or important? He gives only a small smile when Mitz mentions archery. He just knows the question is going to be, because it always is -
Jerel twirls his fork in his casserole, mushing up the mush. "Isn't that expensive? How'd you manage that, moving around so much?"
More tactfully phrased than people usually manage, at least, Snooze thinks. "It was no different than staying a member of the same soccer team." By now his foot is pressed firmly against Mitz's, like he needs to remind himself that he's not here alone, Mitz is with him.

He has so many feelings, though. /So many/.

Colin holds his breath. He looks into Damian's face with such a soft, faint smile, it's like he doesn't even realise he's smiling at all; it's more like his face is just... lit up. Eventually he remembers to breathe, and speak, though he doesn't want to disturb or startle Damian. "Should I get it or should we look some more?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 am

Mitz takes a breath, closes his eyes for a moment, then leans into Snooze. At least Snooze isn't angry yet, or crying. At least Mother is trying to be civil. At least that diversion worked. And they only have to be there until their dinner is finished. Hopefully Snooze eats quickly. 
"Do you have your own equipment?" Jacob asks. He's genuinely interested. Archery isn't a subject he knows a lot about yet. 
Helen looks honestly confused at how Mitz is looking for comfort from another human being. That doesn't seem in-character of him. 

He is covered in so, so many feelings. Kory and Roy could help him get those off. Perhaps with their mouths. Better than talking about all those feelings. 

"I think you should get it," Damian nods, then steps backwards. Any other person would be bashful, but that is definitely not something that Damian has to worry about. "Perhaps we could get you more than one shirt. Anything you like. If that is something that would interest you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Jerel finds it kind of fascinating. Looks like Mitz is navigating a real adult relationship, or, y'know, a real teenage relationship. God knows Jerel's never been brave enough to bring anyone into this. He'd never be so obvious about how much they meant to him, either.
Snooze likes his food, so chances are it will be gone in a hurry. There is a whole table full of seconds, though, that he'll only refuse if he gets very uncomfortable.
"I do now," Snooze says. He used to borrow or rent or work off the rent until he won enough competitions to put the money towards a bow. It was either that or a college fund, and he never particularly wanted to go to college. It's one of the very few things he fought to keep with him from home to home. "Are you familiar with the sport?"

They can get his feelings off, his clothes off, his body off, and then snuggle him right up until the feelings feel okay.

Colin brushes his hands down the shirt, figuring out how it feels and how it sits. He likes the way Damian is looking at him, all confident and knowing. It makes him feel like the shirt really must look good. He stands up a little straighter and smiles. "Well, I did like one of those jackets over there? I was thinking about getting it for winter. Is that what you meant? I don't know if there's anything else I really like."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 am

"Not beyond knowing that you use arrows," Jacib laughs uietly. Mitz glances at his father a th sound; he's a little surprised that he's not jealous, actually, that Snooze managed to get that sound from his father. "I would very mmuch enjoy talking at length about it, if that is amenable."

They can do all that stuff all night. Jason is down for that. They don't even have to talk about those pesky feelings anymore.

"If you like it then you should get it," Damian nods minutelly. "Please show it to me? I'm susre your choice is correctly made but I would like to see it nonetheless."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:06 am

Snooze is kind of proud that he's gotten Mitz's father to like him. Mitz was predicting this would be a total disaster; he glances at Mitz with a tiny smile as if to ask, 'am I doing it right?' Then he looks back to Jacob. "Of course. If you think you can stand me going on about wind speeds and arm guards."

Nope. Just feel them.

"I'll just change back into my --" Colin jerks his thumb at the curtain that serves as a change room. "So I don't ruin it." He's very cautious of ruining it. He's positive that at some point he's going to spill something on it. But putting that thought aside, he ducks back behind the curtain and whips his regular shirt back on, and comes out with the nice one carefully folded over his arm. "It was over here, I think," he goes on, as if there had been no interruption. He leads the way to the jackets and pulls out a big, thick flannel jacket that would no doubt make him look like a rustic woodcutter, given a few years, some shoulders and some scruff.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next