[Inception]

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Inception]

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:15 am

The thing that Eames wants to make clear, very clear, is that Arthur hasn't won.

Yes, they are stepping off the plane in Heathrow and both of them are scowling at the grey wetness on the other side of the glass. Yes, Arthur has been poking around with his contacts in London and yes, he has found out where Eames' brother is. Yes, Arthur contacted the newspaper where Thomas is working and found his details without any bother. Yes, he had convinced Eames that they should take a trip to where Eames grew up. But none of that means that Eames has caved on the topic of actually going to his brother and saying "Surprise, old bean, look who's been alive all this time after all!"

Eames flags them down a taxi with practiced ease and bundles Arthur in, out of the rain. "Where to, darling?" He prompts. They're using Arthur's London safehouse, after all. Eames might move them around after a bit but that all depends on any residual paranoia he might feel. He's better now, all thanks to Arthur and his welcoming family, but he's not 100% quite yet. "Shall we stay in, do you think, or would you like to go out?"

The trip from Nevada was long and awful but now that Eames is here, is home for the first time in years, he feels the urge to walk the streets. Rain or not, he wouldn't mind feeling like he's /home/ again.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Inception]

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm

"Go out?" Arthur gives him a very arch look. "In this? Not all of us have gills, Mr. Eames." He teases his fingers at the side of Eames' neck as if he can see them. "Belgravia," Arthur tells the taxi driver. He details the address of a very fancy townhouse. It's not his only London safehouse; he has houses that are safer. But after the business with his family, his ridiculous family, he wants a little sophistication. He wants nice. He's not yet sure what Eames wants, so he'll take a little time and comfort to watch Eames and figure it out, find the best time to go meet Eames' brother, to go see where Eames grew up. The ties that bind. Eames is coming back, slowly. Arthur can only hope this helps.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:40 pm

"All Brits are amphibious, darling," Eames smiles, tilting his head to bare his neck. Of course Arthur has one of the fanciest addresses one can have in London. He wonders how long that's been the case. How many times have they, over the course of their careers, been in the same city? Specifically, Eames' city. "There's a nice chipper not far from the apartment, if memory serves. Tell you what, you do what you need to do---inventory check or what have you---and I'll pop out for food."

He wants Arthur with him, of course, but he wants to just take a walk more than that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:36 am

"No, I want to see this chipper for myself," Arthur says, unable to imagine any such eatery in Belgravia of all places. He wonders if it's the Queen's local. (He's also fully aware of how ridiculous he sounds saying chipper.) "And I want to see your face when you sink into my sofa cushions for the first time. So, one, then the other. You're hungry now? We'll get food first, then."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:30 am

Eames sighs happily, a huge smile on his face, when Arthur says 'chipper'. "Please, love," he agrees, then takes over the directions for the cabby. He ends up in a delightful conversation about what's changed and what hasn't, how the tourists always make it difficult to get around, how one time the cabby lost a tenner to a pigeon ("The ballsy bastard, what would he even need a tenner for? Bastard.")
Halfway through the driver's story, Eames reaches for Arthur's hand. He's constantly looking for contact, for reassurance. Just never with words.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Arthur's thoroughly enjoying listening in on the conversation, listening to how much happier Eames sounds than when Arthur first tracked him down in India. Then, it was obvious--to Arthur, at least--that something was wrong. But after that time in Saint Lucia, and their brief respite in Nevada with his mom and the three monsters Arthur calls sisters, Eames is really starting to connect with people again, not just pretending.

Arthur holds Eames' hand when Eames reaches out for him. He can still hardly believe they can do this. It doesn't feel real. He sticks his other hand in his pocket and rolls his die in the cup of his hand. The weight hits his fingers in that familiar way, and he relaxes.

so I finished reading the whole thing and I'm laughing at Arthur's vanishing bullet wound and the job-that-didn't-happen, whups again
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:48 pm

Connecting without pretending happened easily after Eames met Arthur's mother. He really enjoyed talking with her.

Once they pull over to a space near the chipper, Eames leans back and waits for Arthur to pay the driver. He still doesn't have any money of his own and has, somehow, avoided using the credit card Arthur gave him but it's starting to get to him. It was always going to get to him if he didn't become /unreasonably/ used to being a kept man. Now that he was in London, knew where to look and where to go, he might be able to find a way to make some money. Maybe while Arthur sleeps.

Hahahahaha oh man whups. Yeah. Well. FUCK IT
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Camilla's certainly something. Arthur's always loved his mom, at how easily she /gets/ people. She can manage a whole hotel worth of people, a Las Vegas hotel, which is no easy task. For a while, before the army, Arthur was going to do that. He used to go to work with her. But while he loved the organising, he couldn't do the whole people thing. Kind of funny, now that he manages whole dreams worth of people.

Arthur pays the driver and slides out, and is instantly wet. He looks up to the grey sky and sighs at it. He's wearing Nevada clothes, so he's freezing, and wet, and there's mist. London. Well, at least chips will make it better. He moves aside for Eames to get out. "So where is this place...?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Eames thinks they're both overworked, to be honest. Very good at what they do, of course, but imagine /wanting/ to do that much work.

Eames laughs as soon as he sees Arthur--/Arthur/, who is always impeccably put together--look like a drowned cat. "Oh, darling," he coos, teasing a little. "You truly are from the desert, aren't you? It's just around the corner. Follow me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Arthur's starting to think that it's vital for dreamers to take vacations like this, to get back to reality, re-connect, and re-learn how to dream normally. ...he's also starting to check out his digital drops, making sure that no one's contacted him for emergency jobs or anything. He's a pretty bad workaholic.

Arthur sticks close to Eames' side, still hanging onto his hand. "I do like London," he tries to assure Eames. "But most of the time I enjoy looking at it from various places. Inside places."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:12 am

Eames would still jump at the chance to get back to work and back to a dream. He's sleeping more, but not normally. Certainly not with dreams involved. Sometimes he feels like he just wants it too much.
He's also a little scared that all his dream Arthurs will seem so flat now that he knows what being with the real thing is like.

"We'll be inside in a moment, you poor creature," Eames says, tugging him around a corner and into a shop, jingling the bell at the door as he does so. It's the smallest chipper in existence, it feels like, with only one other soul in there with them waiting for their order. "This is the only place around here that sells real English food, not all that hipster bollocks. Fish, chips, sausages, curry. Lovely." He almost rubs his hands together.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:01 am

Once they've met up with Eames' brother and nieces, and Eames' appetite is restored, and he has a desire for something other than dreaming--and Arthur--then Arthur will retrieve a PASIV and take Eames down into a dream where he can build things and explore and settle. They'll take it easy. What Arthur wants is to hijack a hospital and get some information on Eames' neurochemistry, but he'll stop short of being that obsessive. Somehow.

"Real English food, curry," Arthur snorts. "I didn't mean anything by that," he says to the cook, who's ready to take their order. "I'm just teasing him."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:21 am

He shouldn't. Eames would find it creepy and endearing and completely Arthur. And he wouldn't mind knowing the details himself. That kind of thing would fascinate him, definitely. Being able to see the brushstrokes, if you will.

"Most of 'em invented here," the cook says gruffly, winking at Eames.
"Victorians, love," Eames adds, nodding knowingly.
"Tikka Masala," the man who was there before them speaks up, not looking away from his phone. "That's one of them."
Eames starts laughing that stays in his shoulders as he lets them shake. "But that's not the point, pet," he says to Arthur, who might not be enjoying the history lesson as much as Eames is. "We're not here for curry. Well. Maybe curry sauce, but that's a different beast. The chips." He says that like it's a revelation.
The chef snorts and takes out their order pad, tapping it with a pen.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Once Arthur gleans that Eames would be okay with it, then Arthur will go full steam ahead. He's had some field medicine training, everyone in his unit did since they had such a high injury incidence. Maybe he'll bribe a doctor, too, to help out.

Arthur is thoroughly amused by the to-and-fro of the Brits being superior. Then again, he's American, so who's he to lecture about superiority? "The chips, huh. I could smell them down the street. I'm definitely intrigued."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 am

Eames is in love and he doesn't want to miss out on that. But he's also ex-SAS, ex-SIS, and he's barely out of a deep depression funk. He really doesn't mind how sketchy anything is. He'll do it.

"That's the spirit, love," Eames says, then orders for them. Far, far too much food. He's eating again. And he's starving pretty much all of the time. Fish, chips. Even that curry sauce. "I'll get you fattened up while I have you here."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Arthur's amusement grows into an honest smile when Eames orders more than enough food for two people. It's a big change from seafood the first night in Saint Lucia. "Then we'll be walking everywhere, I warn you," he tells Eames. The smile is evident in his voice. He's in love, too. More than that, he's letting himself be in love. It's... wonderful.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:30 pm

"We can walk through the rain to your no doubt stunning abode," Eames tells him as they sit to wait for their food. "That'll do you. And maybe it'll shock you out of your delicate desert sensibilities."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Arthur pokes Eames with his foot, but he's very elegant about it, tipping his foot without moving the rest of his body. "You're not going to let that go, are you. It was the gills comment."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Eames laughs. "It was the fact that you looked like someone had just dunked you in a bucket of water as soon as we stepped outside the car, love," he corrects Arthur, playfully messing with his hair and making Arthur drip a little more. "I had no idea that you retained water so easily."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Arthur gives him a Look. "Careful, or I'll shake out my hair on you. I haven't been gelling it, so it /will/ be spectacular. This is nothing," he says, but he's leaning into Eames' hand, not really able to help himself.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 pm

Eames chuckles, then takes his hand away so that they aren't PDAing all over the chipper. "I'll have to get you into a bath and hold you to that threat, darling," he murmurs so that only Arthur can hear.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:44 pm

"That," Arthur tells him, "can be arranged." He leans back in his chair and smirks at Eames. Figures that Eames would enjoy the wet dog look.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 pm

He enjoys all of Arthur's looks. But he does get a particular kick out of seeing him messy, yes. It's Arthur's fault for being so perfectly put together most of the time. "Do you have a huge, decadent bath? Tell me you do and lie to me if you don't, love."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:39 am

Arthur is very smug, now. "My bath is big enough to have both your knees and your shoulders submerged."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:47 pm

"Such things you say, Arthur," Eames rumbles, looking thoroughly filthy for a moment before easing back into 'friendly' as an expression. "You're determined to bring me back to sanity only to drive me insane once more, is that it?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Arthur laughs, and it's a lot more open than most of his usual laughs. "It's a terrible cycle. I'll do my best to keep you at one end or the other. It's just left to decide which end." He grins.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:04 pm

"Will you be with me on either side?" Eames asks, then doesn't wait for the answer. Maybe he's scared of a negative. "Because then I think it wouldn't matter too much, do you? So long as you're there, darling."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:01 pm

"Of course." Their food is ready, but Arthur fixes his gaze on Eames, as if he can communicate how much he means it through how intensely he holds Eames' eyes. "Couldn't let you have all the fun to yourself."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:16 pm

Eames laughs, really very tickled at the idea of his own personal brand of lunacy being fun, and nudges Arthur towards the counter. "Go buy us dinner, Arthur," he says warmly. Looking out the front of the shop, he hums happily. "The rain's eased off to a drizzle, too. The food will keep you warm on the way."

He wants to get Arthur out of his damp clothes, but he wouldn't mind getting Arthur a little damper first so that it feels like more of a comfort when Eames finally wraps around him warmly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:39 pm

Arthur pays for the food and picks up Eames from the table, gesturing for Eames to go out of the door ahead of him. "Remind me to dig out my stash of umbrellas," he laments, as he looks up at the dreary sky. He tucks his arm into Eames and grumbles. "The food's going to get wet."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:54 pm

"The food is from here, love," Eames reassures. The layers of paper everything's being held in should do fine. They're not walking for miles to Arthur's place. He's not worried. "You should check your chips for gills, too."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:06 pm

Arthur barks a laugh, that one startled out of him. "Do you think if I eat enough of it, I'll grow gills? Could mean more enjoyable use of the bathtub, if so."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Eames clicks his tongue, amused. "You are in a filthy mood today, I can see," he casually mentions but his eyes are practically shining with laughter and promise. "Aren't you exhausted from all the travel, love? I would have expected you to eat and then crumple into a neatly folded pile of snoozing Arthur."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 pm

"I don't snooze. I don't nap, and I don't doze. These are all very important things you should know about me." Arthur really has no idea what he's saying. He's mostly just talking to talk, to share, to hear Eames talking back. "Also, I slept on the plane. I had strange dreams," he adds, not sure if they're up to the point where they can talk about dreams easily. "Likely caused by the fluctuating air pressure and all my mother's rich food. Still."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 am

Eames tries to sound casual about it but he's so hungry for details. "What did you dream of, Arthur?" He wants every detail, every single thing that Arthur can remember. He wants to know if Arthur would be up for describing how it /felt/, but Eames also suspects that's just his desperation talking.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:59 am

"Birds in water," Arthur remembers. He holds his hand out to feel the rain. "Rain falling upwards. There was an old woman offering me a daisy chain, but I had to go on a quest if I wanted to take it. I was a knight." He smiles, thinking. He can't remember much else--how he knows it was a natural dream.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:12 am

Eames drinks it all in. "That sounds wondrous," he murmurs. He's struck by the imagery, like he could glean some information about Arthur that he's never had before if he could just decipher it all. "Did you go on your quest?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 pm

"I feel like I did, but I can't remember," Arthur has to confess. "I could make up a story, but as you've told me before, I have no imagination. I probably went to the shops and bought some snacks for the witch," he says, jangling the chips. They're on the steps of his trim townhouse now, and he pulls out his key, unerring, not needing to pat down his pockets. He opens the door and gestures for Eames to enter first.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Eames is about to argue the fact that since Arthur's brain came up with the quest in the first place, it would suggest he has some imagination but then he's inside the apartment and he's just...dumbfounded. It's so /Arthur/.

"Give me the tour while we eat," he says, knowing that the idea of tracking food around his perfectly kept townhouse might drive Arthur to distraction but kind of can't stop himself. He wants to see and he doesn't want to waste time about it either. He wants to know the whole place by heart, like he wants to know everything he can about Arthur. That's one habit from his insatiable crush that he hasn't been able to shake no matter how hard Arthur tries to fuck it out of him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:54 pm

Arthur leads Eames first to the kitchen so they can pour the chips out into bowls. The kitchen is dusty; everything is dusty. It's been some time since he's been in London, and Belgravia or not, Arthur will not have strangers traipsing around his place even to clean it. He'll clean it all himself, or else it will stay dirty.

"There are three reception rooms, five bedrooms, seven bathrooms. We've used this place as a bolthole to plan several European missions," Arthur explains, 'we' meaning him and Dom and Mal. Mal used to love this place, dancing around the hallways, drawing Dom into her reels.

He pushes open door after door, learning this place all over again himself. He tells Eames silly little stories about what happened in this room or that room, his smile quirked up on one side, steadier the more he remembers.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:29 am

Eames steps closer to Arthur as he smiles and loosens up, silently listening to all the stories about Dom before he was broken and watching the way Arthur's face softens at the mention of Mal. Eames only knew her as a shade, a menace. And he's endlessly jealous of the relationship they had, this woman who's gone but still makes Arthur soft.

"This place is so you, darling," he says when Arthur is finished. "And it's full of memories. Empty but not forgotten. I adore it."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:51 am

"Good. I've never been here alone, and I don't plan to be," Arthur tells him. He's eaten at least half his chips by now--and after having just one, it's impossible to stop, because they are just so damn good. "So I'm glad you like it. Come up here. Let me show you some of the bedrooms. You can pick which one you like best." He and Dom and Mal used to rotate, so it's not like there's one particular room that Arthur won't want to sleep in.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Eames is busy shredding his fish by hand and slowly eating it. It tastes like complete comfort food to him. Maybe he should have come home sooner. It might have saved Arthur a lot of money, time spent looking after him. But they wouldn't be together. "Which is your favorite?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:46 pm

"You know, I don't remember." Arthur leads Eames up the stairs, one hand reaching behind him for Eames as he goes. "Let's look at all of them, and I'll see if I can remember."

why doesn't it matter? because you'll be together~
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:05 pm

Eames rubs the grease from his fingers onto the legs of his trousers, half-sad that Arthur didn't see it happen and have his eyes bug out of his head, and takes his hand. "I hope you remember, Arthur," he says warmly. "I like knowing more about you."

~thematic~
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content