[Potter reboot] The Sorting

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Potter reboot] The Sorting

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:23 pm

"I'll pick out the splinters," Jerel snaps. He's still got a grip on Mitz's arm; he starts dragging him. The bathroom has to be here somewhere. His mood is worsening the longer it takes them to get to it. "The elves don't talk to me, but they listen sometimes." When the house lets them. Jerel's tried asking for something other than cheese sandwiches, but that seems to be all they can produce.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:02 pm

Mitz walks quicker to make Jerel's dragging a little easier. He doesn't fight. He doesn't think to. "Sorry," he says quickly, in a small voice. It's been a while since Jerel's snapped at him. He probably hasn't done more than be a little exasperated by Mitz while they've been in Hogwarts. He sort of forgot that Jerel snaps. He definitely forgot how to fix it, how to get Jerel happy again. "You can tell her if you want."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 pm

"I'll tell her if we run out of every other option." Jerel starts shoving doors open, leaving them all standing open. If the house runs out of rooms to shuffle around, it'll have to show them the bathroom. Finally, there's tiles instead of wood or carpet. He pulls Mitz into the bathroom and sits him on the closed lid of the toilet and starts rummaging through the cabinets, his face stormy.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 am

Mitz focuses on his hands while Jerel rummages. They sting, and they're kind of itchy. He can see the pieces of wood stuck into his skin. "That was a good idea," he says carefully. "With the doors. That was so that it couldn't reshuffle? That was a good idea." He doesn't know what to say when Jerel's mad. He shouldn't be mad. This can't be the worst of it; Jerel can't get mad about everything that happens.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:36 am

"Thanks," Jerel says, shortly. He's had a lot of time to consider how to get around some of the stupidities of wizarding houses. He finds a pair of tweezers. Then he takes Mitz's hand and frowns at it. Hot water or cold? Cold would numb it, but the heat might loosen the tightness of the skin.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 am

"It's not so bad," Mitz says. Lies. He can see small pieces of wood--little enough to still be splinters but big enough to be seen easily. They're all over his right hand. His wand hand. But Jerel is looking at Mitz's hand like it's a difficult puzzle he has to solve, and it isn't. It's just a wound. "It doesn't even hurt if I don't move too much."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 pm

"You need your hands." Jerel's upset fades a little as he focuses on the problem. He rubs the back of Mitz's hand, as comforting as he knows how to be, then brings Mitz's hand closer and starts pulling out the biggest splinters--one, by one, by one, slow and steady, holding Mitz as still as possible. Then he'll start on the cold water, numbing Mitz's skin so he can get the littler ones that have dug in more.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 am

Mitz twitches, sucks his breath in with each splinter and occasionally whimpers but he doesn't pull away from Jerel's hands. Jerel is focussed so much on what he's doing, Mitz barely wants to talk but the silence is bothering him. Silence and his own whimpers. "Thank you," he says quietly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Once Jerel's done, and Mitz's hands are wiped down, cleaned, lotioned and bandaged, he hugs Mitz. "You're welcome."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 pm

Mitz hugs back damned close to greedy. They don't hug much and even less in school--and that's fine. Mitz can imagine how embarrassing it would be to be caught hugging your little brother in the middle of the Slytherin common rooms. When it happens, though, it calms him down more than anything else could.

His hand stings. He thinks it'll sting for a while. But Jerel might have just saved him from a nasty infection /and/ Mitz got a hug out of it. If he was by himself right now he wouldn't last long. "I'm sorry I didn't understand before I went to school," he says, realising how alone Jerel must have been just last year.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:18 am

Jerel closes his eyes for a moment. He pulls back so one arm is wrapped around Mitz's shoulders, and he leans their heads together. "It's all right. I don't think anyone really believed me."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:05 am

It's not fine. Mitz doesn't say that, but it's not fine. "I believe you now." It's not half enough to make up for it, but it's something.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:34 am

Jerel feels like he has a responsibility to warn Mitz. "It's probably not going to get much better."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Mitz isn't a fool. He sort of guessed that. It's worse, though, to hear it out loud. "Okay," he nods, because he knows he's supposed to be a capable Slytherin now. "Then...then it'll be bad while we're here. But we won't be here forever?" He pauses. "He won't come back next year. We'll just stay in the castle, if you want."
Jerel has friends and stuff. It was so selfish of Mitz to take Jerel away from that just because he felt homesick for a house that doesn't want him. Them.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 pm

"Maybe with two of us here we can beat the house into submission. It's worth a shot." Jerel checks Mitz's hands again and then he sits back on his heels. "I mean. I don't know how. But I thought you probably might have some ideas."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Mitz opens his mouth and closes it a few times. He really doesn't want to let Jerel down, but what can he do? "We'll think of something," he says eventually.

There's a knock on the door. It's Jacob. "Boys? What are you doing in there? Didn't you say something about food?" He sounds so unsure. Mitz frowns. He was never that unsure, was he? "Dinner won't be for a while yet, at least until your mother is finished working, but there are sandwiches in the kitchen."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 pm

It's a long time since breakfast and they were both so nervous they didn't eat much. Plus, travel always makes Jerel famished. He hooks his arm around Mitz's neck, then pulls back and lifts him up to his feet. "Yeah, we're coming," he says, rather than explain anything about why they were in here. Mitz's hands look okay--shouldn't need bandages or anything. Jerel might force him to wear gloves to bed, he thinks.

He's a little concerned about whether Jacob expects them to make the sandwiches. Knives? In this house? Hm.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:44 pm

"What--" Jacob is saying when the door opens, but he gets distracted by checking for anything in the room behind them and doesn't finish his question.

Mitz gets an idea. "You should come with us to the kitchen," he says to Jacob. If they're with one of their parents, the house might not bite at them or send them on a chase for sandwiches.

Jacob runs his hand through his hair, thinking. "I do need more tea before getting back to what I was doing..."

Mitz looks at Jerel, hoping he gets the idea and follows his lead.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Jerel's immediately on board. It's going to be a task to keep Jacob on task, though. "You said you were going to tell us a bit about what you'd been doing," he adds, counting on Jacob's flaky memory. He's also consciously holding back from calling him 'Jacob', or even 'dad' or 'father', since he can't count on himself not to make it sound patronising.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:40 pm

"Did I?" Jacob blinks, trying to remember that, but coming up blank. "Well, if you're interested, then certainly."

Jacob goes on about something or another, though he has to stay vague by the very nature of his work, and Mitz is finding it very difficult to stifle his laughter after Jerel jumped into the act so quickly and easily. Not to mention how easy it was to direct their father.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Jerel leads them into the hall and stands around nodding and looking very interested, planning on following Jacob through the house. He gestures to Mitz to stay close--never know what odd turns they could take if they lose sight of Jacob somehow.

He actually manages to make an intelligent comment or two on what Jacob says. Funny what he can do if he actually puts his mind to it--and funny, too, the things he's picked up just listening idly to Slytherin gossip.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:33 pm

Mitz sees Jerel gesture to him and trots to keep up, even does so for a few steps, but he gets distracted by the fact that he's seeing all kinds of rooms that he didn't know existed in the house. Is this what the place looks like for his father?

Seconds later, he realises he can't hear their voices anymore. Mitz stops walking, heart beating fast, not wanting to get more lost than he already is. Lost in his own home.

Well, he thinks with bizarre clarity. That's new.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Mitz is naturally so quiet, it takes Jerel a little while to realise he's missing his shadow. The moment he does, he grabs Jacob's arm--maybe the first time he's willingly touched his father in years. "Where's Mitz?" He spins on his heel to look back along the corridor, and it's yards and yards of carpet and doors, no Mitz in sight. "We have to go back."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Jacob looks at Jerel, surprised, and pats Jerel's shoulder. "He's probably just gone to his room, Jerel," he says reasonably. He makes moves to keep walking to the kitchen. "Or he's ahead of us. Perhaps he was more hungry? Do they feed you well? You answered that, I believe, actually." He pauses, tapping his chin, then shrugs. "As I was saying, there are a few regulations to think of to continue the work and I do wish I could give you more information. I think you'd like it. I like the work I do, at least."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:09 am

Jerel yanks on Jacob's arm. "No, you don't get it. He wouldn't go off on his own, not right now, not after we just got home. We said we'd stick together in case your stupid house did anything and now he's gone. Take me back where we just came from. Now," he demands, in his reedy thirteen-year-old voice.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu May 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Jacob frowns, confused. "Jerel, I can't see why you're panicking right now," he says and starts walking back the direction they came. He doesn't believe Jerel but he will try to calm his son. "Maybe the stress of keeping an eye on your little brother is getting to you? Your mother would know better. I wonder where she is right now..."

Jacob stops walking to look up and down the hall. He's officially distracted.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri May 05, 2017 10:13 pm

Jerel feels like smacking Jacob. Now the house is going to direct them to Helen, not to Mitz. "I've kept an eye on him my whole life and you expect me to stop now? I want Mitz. Where's Mitz? We can discuss all my many psychological irregularities later," he snaps. "Right now we're finding Mitz."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4