[Robot] Mitz, Fixed

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Robot] Mitz, Fixed

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 am

The Doctor fixed Mitz. It took hours. He had to go through each line of Mitz's code and find what he'd changed, change it back, fix everything that had overloaded and been corrupted in the shutdown.

Snooze and Mouse held onto Mitz for a long time once he came back to them.

Snooze made Mitz promise never to fiddle with his base code again, and Mouse took them both home.

Things were tense in the car.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [Robot] Mitz, Fixed

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Naturally, the emotional weight of it all affects Snooze greatly, who is still grappling with his upgrades, and Mouse suggests that he shut down for a little while before she has to take another robot to the Doctor so quickly after he saves one.

Mitz gets a little happier at the idea of Mouse feeling like he's one of hers, though he knows that's not technically possible, and he lightens up a little. Even offers to take Snooze back into the house for her when they arrive, then brings up Snooze's duties. Mitz could always take care of some things while Snooze is - resting.

He's well aware that this need to make up for what he's done, the need to serve, all of it, he's aware that it was this very thing that he tried to cut out of himself. He doesn't think he'll ever not be aware of it, now. It's just something he has to function with. But, if having awkward flaws that you can't get rid of isn't human, Mitz doesn't know what is.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Mouse agrees to let Mitz take Snooze inside, since she's not sure she'll be able to do it herself - robots are heavy - but when he starts rattling on about Snooze's other duties and offering other things to her, she takes a hand off the wheel and reaches out to grab his hand. "What are you trying to do, Mitz?" she asks, gently and, she hopes, reassuringly. She just wants to know; she doesn't want to make him scared.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 pm

"What? No, nothing," he lies, then quickly corrects himself. "I'm trying to - to make it up to you? Make things right? Do something to lighten the load, considering it's my fault Snooze had to shut down in the first place? I'm - yes. That."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:54 pm

"Snooze won't have to stay shut down for very long. Don't worry about that. I did manage before I even had robots, y'know." She waits until she's merged into the flight lane before she speaks again. "You don't have to make anything up."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Mitz looks out the window. "I think I do, Mouse. And I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't manage. I just want to help. It's all I want. It's all I'll ever want."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Mouse glances over at him, and sighs. "I know you do. You always have, though. Helped." She notes that last sentence, and wonders if it's got something to do with why he tried to rewrite himself. But she doesn't want to ask. He's still not completely stable, she doesn't think. She didn't let the Doctor knock out anything, just put him back together. ...She hopes he went back together alright.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Mitz closes his eyes for a moment, then forces himself to take a (fake) deep breath. Then he smiles at Mouse. "So long as I'm useful, honestly, it'll all be okay," he says brightly. "So - that's what I'm doing. I just, yeah. Just ell me what to do to be useful." If the guys from the Robot Rights movements could see him now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 pm

"I can do that. You can start by telling me what you're thinking about. Right now." She considers. "You don't have to tell me anything about - what you did. I just want to know what's going on in there now."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:20 pm

"I'm thinking... I'm thinking about how much of a robot I'm being right now. How people I know of would be disgusted. If they knew me, if they cared. I'm supposed to be trying to be human, but I'm worried about not being useful to you," he frowns, smile completely forgotten. "It's bothersome."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:26 pm

Mouse thinks about the way Mitz is nowadays, how helpful and considerate. He was glitched when she got him - she knew that. She'd thought that compassion was part of the flaw; most service robots are cold, even when they're following orders. But was that seeming care for her well-being just cleverly disguised ordinary robot programming? The same code with some extra emotional responses layered on? She has no idea. She doesn't know if it even matters. "Do you not want to want to be useful?" Ugh. Complicated.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Mitz pauses, and shakes his head. "No, I don't think you understand. All I want is to be useful and helpful. But I've learned how to want other things. And I enjoy it. And sometimes those wants conflict, but - but usefulness is kind of a primary directive."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Mouse considers this. "So... you'd rather be useful than anything, is that it? That's what makes you happiest?"
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Mitz looks at her for a moment, not blinking, thinking. He's happiest when he's wanted, he knows that. He kind of hates that about him, too, since he should be making sure he can be self-sufficient and independent and alone. "It's - yeah. But it's not as simple as that. It's... the easiest way for me to be happy, I suppose," he settles on, eventually.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

"What're the other ones?" Mouse brings the car in for a landing, the air brakes smoothly settling them on the tarmac. She doesn't make any move to unlock the doors or get out, though. She doesn't want to interrupt this conversation.

(the Doctor wants to talk Mitz through all this. Mouse is just like ::flails wildly::.)

(also I gave them flying cars, hope that's cool.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Mitz reaches over to unfasten Snooze from his safety belt. Anything to keep from looking at Mouse and wishing he could tell the truth. But he's defective enough. "I don't know," he mumbles.

(Aw, Mouse. You are doing fine. And the Doctor just makes Mitz feel bad, like he's being scolded.

TOTALLY OKAY AND AWESOME only wait does Mouse own Mitz now, did we do a timeskip that I am not remembering I am sorry)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Mouse taps him on the shoulder to get him to look at her. "Leave Snooze for a minute. He's comfortable. You've gotta know something, talk to me."

(aaaaw Mitz the Doctor just wants his creation to be happy

aaaaaagh I have no idea I thought she did I couldn't figure out why else he was coming home with her but maybe not?)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Mitz sits back, leaving Snooze as instructed but not exactly happy about it. "I honestly don't know, Mouse. I don't, don't know what to tell you?" he sighs. "When I think of when I'm happy, or whatever counts as happiness for automatons, it's usually something to do with fixing things or you or, or Snooze. But I'm always fixing things for you or just fixing Snooze. And that goes back to me wanting to be useful, I guess? All the time I thought I was being me and broken up into a human shape and thought-structure, it all just goes back to my directive." He shrugs and looks at his hands. "And I tried to change and nearly crashed permanently. So. That. May I please bring Snooze into your home now?"

(but he always sounds angry or disappointed sob

I figured it was more about, hm, kind of a suicide-watch thing? Like he shouldn't be alone for a while. Because he's supposed to be human, and passes for one, but Mouse and Snooze know. And the Doctor, obviously. But he has his mechanical repair shop and he stays there. Then again, he does spend all his free time, if possible, with Mouse and Snooze, so Mouse might as well own him.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Mouse sighs. She doesn't know what to make of any of that, really. "All right. Go ahead." She unbuckles her own seatbelt, and unlocks the doors. "But, y'know, I think it's happiness. I think - I want you to be happy."

(Mmkays. Well, I think we can change one 'got' into a 'met' up there and that's pretty well covered.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm

"You -" Mitz swallows, a nervous habit that he developed, and blinks at Mouse. "Really? ... /Why/?"

(H'okay. They seem pretty close to Mitz asking Mouse to take him in, though. Like, presenting an ownership deed and asking her softly if she wouldn't mind having two robots, he swears he won't be a bother and he cleans up after himself.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Mouse smiles at him, feeling herself tear up a little. Mitz sounds so honestly confused. "Because you're my friend."

(Mouse would /melt/. Like, seriously, Mousepuddle. ...can we do that scene)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 pm

"Oh," he says quietly, and thinks about that. A small smile forms on his lips, but is lost again. Replaced by a huge about of worry on his face. "I've never been someone's friend before, Mouse. I'm not sure if I'm good at it."

(Yes. Yes we can Very Happy)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Mouse laughs and turns to get out of the car so he won't see her face. "You're amazing at it. Promise. Get Snooze, I'll get the door."

(eeeeee)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 pm

"Right," Mitz replies, chewing his lip. He's not entirely convinced, but he can't really argue with her point of view. He gets Snooze out and carries him on his back, feigning difficulty in case any of Mouse's neighbours are watching.

(I love a melty Mouse, it has to be said)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Mouse runs her thumb over the keypad and steps back as the door swishes open, letting Mitz head in first. "You can just lay him down on the couch. He won't get stiff when he wakes up, will he?"

(Melty Mouse is somewhat put out by this. But then, she enjoys that particular phase herself. So.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 pm

"No, he'll feel great," Mitz promises, smiling a little. "If it were me, though, I'd be wondering what I missed out on while shut down so you may have to worry about curiosity. Nothing else. Do you need me to do anything?"

(Oh, Mouse. You hate it when I like things about you GET OVER IT GURL because I always wanna mush up your cheeks)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

"Just sit here for a bit, yeah? I'm good. Do /you/ need anything?" She checks him over. "I'm not s'pposed to let you plug into a real port but I have a power adapter, if you need a recharge."

(Well that's why, she'd be okay if you just appreciated from a distance but there is always cheek-pinching, and only Harry is allowed to do that, and only rarely.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:09 pm

"I'm fine," Mitz says, and sits down beside Snooze. "The Doctor hooked me up, uh, y'know. As it were." He looks at his hands again. "Look, Mouse, I'm really sorry. For making you go through all that. And for upsetting Snooze. And everything."

(Harry pish-poshes at the idea of being rarely allowed to dote on his daughter.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Mouse sits on the chair kitty-corner to him, though she's still close enough to reach out and take his hand, which she does. "It's okay. I know you didn't - you weren't trying to hurt anyone."

(Doting is fine. Cheek-mushing is not allowed in public.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:21 pm

Mitz shakes his head, though he's agreeing with her. "Thank you for realising that," he says, because he isn't sure what else he can say.

(Why, would that be embarrassing for her?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Mouse runs her fingers lightly over his. "I know you wouldn't do that. Besides, if you wanted to hurt us - Snooze and me - you wouldn't have to mess yourself up like that. All you'd have to do is leave." She should probably stop talking. But Mitz scared the crap out of her, and she's still not quite got her feet back on the ground.

(Daaaaaaddy.)

(I must sleep.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:33 pm

"I wouldn't want to hurt you, ever!" Mitz looks up, stricken. "I wouldn't ever, ever want to. And that's not just because of the robot tenets, either. I mean, there've been people who I didn't like and if I could, well, like anyone really would like to maybe - anyway, I wouldn't hurt you. And don't, don't /tell/ me how to hurt you. ...why would me leaving -- oh. Friend. Right. Having difficulty keeping that information in place, haha," he smiles nervously.

(Is it terribly embarrassing to have an affectionate father?)

(Yes, sleep, that is a thing that I think both of us need. *headaches at you*)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Mouse wipes at her eyes with her free hand. "You might wanna put that one in long-term memory. It's not going anywhere."

(Obviously.)

(agh no headache get it away okay I am gonna sleep after my next reply, yes, that is a thing I will do.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Mitz looks at her quietly for a moment. "I will. ...are you alright? I'm sorry," he adds, quickly. "You - you're - I'm sorry."

(Tch. Well, that's too bad. Because, you see, it's Harry's job to be both overly affectionate in public and to embarrass the socks off Mouse, whenever possible. It's just the way things are, pumpkin.)

(H'okay. That is a good plan, I like your forward thinking. I probably will not sleep, sigh. Partially because I am thinking about finding different kinds of submissive styles and thinkings and attributing them to different Mitzen. [I blame Red X, who is more about service than any other Mitz I have encountered.])
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:49 pm

"Stop that, stop apologising," Mouse says, through her sniffles. "You're always doing that, you don't need to, oh fuck..." She trails off as she starts crying in earnest, and leans forward sharply to cling to Mitz. "I'm sorry, I'll stop, sorry, but fuck, Mitz, you scared me."

(Mousesigh, eyeroll.)

(Oh god, I approve of this plan so hard. Also Mouse wants a shot with whatever Mitz that is.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Mitz scoots over closer to her so he can hold onto her and pull her close. "I'm - I don't know what to say if I can't apologise," he tilts his head to smile at her, hopefully, trying to get her to smile back. "I didn't mean to. You weren't even supposed to know. And then Snooze found me... I - I just wanted to be better. I am sorry, Mouse. Really I am."

(Cheekpinch.)

(Very Happy Also, that is the one who is Jason Todd's sidekick. Mouse thinks he's a creeper XD In her defence, he kind of is.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Mouse lets herself fall off the edge of her chair and into his arms, her sobs subsiding, though tears still fall from her eyes when she blinks. "Mitz, you're perfect. Why would you think - you're perfect already."

(GRUMBLE)

(Well, she wants a shot with that regeneration at some point/'verse when she's not thinking he's a creeper. Sal-El would not know what to do with a service sub if she had one. ...you have distracted me from bed with sexy Mitzen. Again.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Mitz's face contorts in a kind of amused but confused expression. "That doesn't make sense. I'm not perfect. At all. For, for either humans or robots. I'm so far from perfection. I mean," he glances at Snooze. "You have perfection. You /are/ perfection. I just, I think maybe you can't see that 'cos you're so close."

(Adorable.)

(WHOOPS I THINK also that is the Norman Reedus Mitz. I forget what other 'verses he is in. And she should play with him. He's a lonely sort, who does not understand human interaction. So they have something in common already XP)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Mouse shakes her head, snuggling more firmly into Mitz's chest. She refuses to be budged on this, even though she knows it's silly. She doesn't want Mitz to change. He wouldn't be hers anymore. ...Not that he's hers. But. He wouldn't be the same Mitz she... became friends with. "I just don't know what you'd want to change."

(Dork.)

(Oh yay, they can be deeply confused at each other and resentful of Snooze's ability to flirt. Fun times. Okay goodniiiiight <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Well, Mitz knows the answer to that. Everything, if I had to. To what purpose, he's not quite sure. He's been wrestling with the problem of whether a robot can love or not for quite some time now and he still hasn't come up with an answer. They can certainly long for things and people, he knows that much. "There's a few things," he says eventually, and rests his head carefully on Mouse's.

(Hardly applicable. /fond)

(woooooo Look, it is a Batfamily verse, there is bound to be more angst than happiness XD Maaaaaaan okay GOODNIGHT THE FREO dream nicely, sleep good ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:47 am

Mouse sighs. Now she feels silly, getting all worked up like this when it's Mitz who's having the crisis. But she's getting to hug Mitz because of it, so she's not willing to pull away to get herself together. "Is that what you were trying to do?"

(more grumble)

(SUCK IT UP BATS)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Mitz nods gently. "I'm always modifying," he tries to explain. "I didn't think, I just didn't think that it would be so - reactive." He smiles a little, to himself. "I got an hour, though. Before I crashed. It was.... nice. I'm glad the Doctor didn't get rid of the memory." Though he knows why it was kept; he also remembers shutting down and causing Snooze such distress. All in the same memory. He'll never do it again, of course. Not after seeing their reactions.

(<3)

(THEY DO. A LOT. That's why they're so fucking dysfunctional aaaaugh. Anyway. HELLO THERE FREO I AM SORRY THAT I WAS NOT HERE I SLEPT A LOT)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Mouse turns her head, so she can see Mitz's expressions, but keeps her head on his shoulder. It leaves her very close to his face. "What did you change? It wasn't like an update. Those never bother you."

(...<3)

(THEN TALK IT OUT, BATS, WHATEVER IT TAKES, CHRIST also HELLO THE SIN sleeping is cool, I did an awful lot of it myself.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Mitz licks his lips, and frowns. "I'm not sure that you really want to know, Mouse," he says honestly.

(guys, jeezuss, stoppit)

(THEY CAN'T seriously, man, I talked about Batfeelings for like two hours or something last night with a friend of mine and it really comes down to Bruce not being able to rock talk and then making every kid that he raises feel like they can't. And then we accidentally a tumblr. I don't know. Anyway. HELLO HOW ARE YOU THE FREO I am going to get something to eat, since that hasn't happened for a while, and then I shall return.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Mouse sighs. "I asked, didn't I? You're just scaring me more."

(nope)

(...You accidentally a tumblr? Bats can't talk about feelings dot tumblr dot com? What's happening.

Aw okaaaaay hope the food is a tasty I will be here.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top