Jason Todd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jason Todd

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 am

Okay, so I'm minding my own business, reading Death in the Family. Whatever. I'm expecting to have my heart broken, you know? That's why I'm reading the damned comic. I want my Jason feelings.
And then it turns out his long-lost mother sold him out to the Joker.
And then it turns out that he was a complete hero, trying to save her life even after she watched the Joker beat him nearly to death.
And then it turns out that he threw himself in front of the blast when they failed to get out of the warehouse before the bomb went off.

Jason. Freaking. Peter. Todd.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jason Todd

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:52 am

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm

JASON OH MY GOD I HATE YOU GET OUT OF MY LIFE YOU ARE THE WORST EVER WHAT EVEN IS YOUR FACE

sob
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Yup.
Exactly this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 pm

So how would this hug business with Bruce go? What would get them to hug? There was always Sentinelverse, they were working their shit out adorably in that.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am

Oh man there's no way there'd be hugs. I just like the idea of them XD But Bruce is a repressed jerkwad and unable to hug Jason. He might have been able to, had he not done the whole Hood thing. But, well. And I'm not entirely sure if Jason would even take the hug, despite how much he'd want it. Ablublublu.

Also, I will go ahead and post up the character development meme stuff that I have typed out here, so you can see~

1.) Describe your character’s relationship with their mother or their father, or both. Was it good? Bad? Were they spoiled rotten, ignored? Do they still get along now, or no?
• Jason generally tries not to think about parental figures, as you can imagine. His father was a thief – and not a good one, at that. He left Jason and the woman he thought was his mother to fend for themselves. First he got sent to prison but, when he was released, he never came back to Jason and his ‘mother’. So, father, not a happy story.
• Jason’s relationship with his mother and his ‘mother’ is murky and strained. The woman he was left with, Catherine Todd, was a drug addict. Jason took to the streets to steal car bits to feed her habit. He was a kid, fuelled by love, doing this. Jason no doubt also blames himself for her subsequent overdose, which killed her. So – that. When it comes to his birth-mother, Jason still has bad luck. He tracked her across the world only to find her being blackmailed by the Joker. Who she helped to get her son. Who watched while the Joker beat him three quarters of the way to death. …who he then still tried to save before the bomb that killed them went off.
• Finally, we have the Batman. As we covered, Jason’s previous experience with father figures isn’t that great, so when Bruce Wayne takes him in it’s like his entire world has changed – and not because of the money. It’s changed emotionally. Everyone knows that Bruce Wayne is not the one you want to go to if you want an actual emotional connection but, for Jason, that’s what he gets. He had never actually connected emotionally with anyone before. Bruce takes him in, cares for him, shows him a kind of affection, tries to help him in school and, when that fails, he shares the ‘family secret’ and starts training him as Robin. Trust, security and the closest thing to love that Jason had ever felt before. Things were sweet.
Then he died. He was betrayed by one parental figure, however absent, and then he was let down by another. Till the last, he knew that Batman was coming for him. He knew that Batman would save his life, their lives, his and his mother’s. He knew things were going to be okay. But the bomb went off and his last second was spent knowing that he shouldn’t have trusted Batman to save his life.
When he came back, all he could remember was that last second of heartbreak, of that loss. Then he found out that Batman hadn’t gotten his revenge on the Joker for killing Jason. Jason hadn’t been important enough for that. Almost at the same time, he finds out that he’d been replaced by Tim Drake, the third Robin. He’d moved on and effectively given his life, his happiest moment, to another kid like he was never there. It’s honestly no wonder he hates the man so much, hates his moral code and hates the Bat figure.
• So, no. He doesn’t get along with any of his parental types. At all. Ever.

2.) What are your characters most prominent physical features?
I would say – well, he’s a big guy. He went from scrawny to built like a tank in a very short time, maybe two or three years. That’s really the first thing you notice about Jason. If he’s not wearing his hood, then the second thing you would notice is the shock of white hair he has in a kind of messy fringe. Depending on whether or not he’s having a Moment, he might also be sporting his natural hair color; a very deep shade of red. It’s striking.

3.) Name one scar your character has, and tell us where it came from. If they don’t have any, is there a reason?
Jason has a lot of scars. His most distinctive one is the Y-scar on his chest, leftover from his autopsy. Jason tries not to notice it, but it’s kind of difficult to ignore the huge thing he’s sporting telling him every day that he shouldn’t be there, shouldn’t be alive, is wrong.

4.) How vain is your character? Do they find themselves attractive?
Oh man. How to I even describe how Jason sees himself. For a start, he’s used to considering himself a product. As a vigilante, he has to be a symbol – a lesson he learned early on from Batman. So he works very hard to look good. Look scary along with that, sure, but he looks good. He has to be able to leave in the nights and feel good about how he’s looking.
Now that I think about it, it’s probably more accurate to say that the Red Hood is very vain, and finds himself attractive. Jason Todd, on the other hand, is too weighed down by self-doubt and actual hate to get anywhere near that.

5.) What’s your character’s ranking on the KINSEY SCALE?
Jason would say he’s a one. But in truth, he’s more a settled three with no real way of finding that out about himself.

6.) Describe your character’s happiest memory.
When Bruce Wayne took Jason into his life, into his home, he tried very hard to give the boy a proper education. He put Jason into school, he didn’t straight away reveal his identity as Batman. But Jason started having problems at school. There were a lot of reasons for those problems; it was a school for troubled teens, Jason got into fights a lot and the teachers there were running some kind of crime ring. Welcome to Gotham. But the point is, Bruce tried. He failed. And he did the only thing he could do, the only thing he really knew how to do – he trained Jason as Robin.
There were lessons he could teach him as Robin that he would never be able to teach Jason Todd. There were things he needed to know. Bruce was a guardian, but Batman was a mentor. Alfred took care of the boy’s education as best he could (which, it turns out, was pretty damned good) while Jason trained. He learned fast. He was meant for this kind of work – which, if we’re being honest, was an idea that frightened and confused Bruce. Regardless, Jason reached the day where he would be taken out into the night, onto the streets. He became Robin. He flipped around in those stupid pixie boots and Here I Am Look At Me bright colors and laughed, smiled, joked.
That was Jason’s happiest memory. That was the best day of his life. He was accepted. He had a place. He was a hero. And he was damn good at it.

7.) Is there one event or happening your character would like to erase from their past? Why?
You would think that Jason would erase when the Joker killed him, wouldn’t you? All that pain and suffering and heartache. That prolonged torture. Feeling his head being bashed in. Knowing what it feels like to have a collapsed lung. Watching the timer count down to his and his mother’s death. Knowing he was alone. Knowing he was betrayed.
No. Jason wouldn’t erase that moment. It was a death, and death has a place in life. It has the most important place in life.
If he were being brutal and bitter, he would say that the one event he would have erased would be Bruce taking him in. Or something little, something throwaway that Jason can still – barely – remember; getting sick and being nursed back to health by Bruce and Alfred. Learning how to ride and pushbike after he learned how to fly a jet. Getting rid of that fucked up childhood that Bruce gave him. But he’d be lying. He wouldn’t erase that at all. Half the time, those memories are what keep him grounded and remind him why he’s doing this, why he’s so angry. They remind him of who he is when he really needs it.
The one event that Jason would truly erase from time if he had the chance would be his resurrection. What’s dead should stay dead, and he’s had nothing but heartache since he came back.

8.) Day of Favorites! What’s your character’s favorite ice cream flavor? Color? Song? Flower?
• Chocolate Mint Chip.
• It used to be green. Now he favors red for professional reasons.
• Ngh. Tough question. Jason doesn’t really listen to music since he’s too busy. When he does, it’s to annoy people. He sings, a lot, to annoy people. He sings things like Katy Perry and Britney Spears, low and twisted and odd, to make people frustrated when fighting him or just to freak them out. But what he enjoys himself? Difficult to say. He likes power ballads. Boston and Bon Jovi and things like that. It would honestly be quite normal to have him singing She’s My Cherry Pie, off key, in the shower.
• He doesn’t have one. He’s not a flower picking kinda guy. (He has a certain amount of ironic appreciation for white lilies, though.)
9.) Who does your character trust?
Before he met Scarlet, then Red X, Jason had problems with trust. He trusted Bruce; we all know how that turned out. He automatically trusted his birth mother and that didn’t work out well for him either. When he came back from the dead, he started to trust Talia Al’Ghul. And – well. That’s just never a good idea. So Jason as his issues. But he gets there in the end. Right now the only person he can bring himself to trust is Red X. That may change in the future.

10.) Can you define a turning point in your character’s life? Multiples are acceptable.
<insert ugly laughing.wav>

11.) Is there an animal you equate with your character?
A robin with broken wings. Or a handsome, ginger alley-cat with personality problems.

12.) How is your character with technology? Super savvy, or way behind the times? Letters or email?
Jason’s way savvy by normal standards. As a kid he was working with state of the art and beyond kind of stuff, getting to use WayneTech prototypes and ‘borrowed’ things from LexCorp. But he also knows that he’s nowhere near as impressive by vigilante standards. In fact, he’s kind of a luddite if he’s compared to people like Bats or Oracle. So a bit of both.

13.) What does your character’s bed look like when he/she wakes up? Are the covers off on one side of the bed, are they all curled around a pillow, sprawled everywhere? In what position might they sleep?
When Jason sleeps, he thrashes. He fights and kicks and punches. He doesn’t sleep for very long, but it’s a violent affair. So, if he doesn’t wake up on the floor, usually his sheets are bundled around his feet; kicked off and curling around his legs and making him fight even more before he wakes up properly. Sometimes he finds that he’s thrown his pillow across the room.
That being said… If anything should happen to Jason that means he can actually sleep like a normal person for a few more hours a night, he would probably be found in a tight ball, wrapped around and clutching to a pillow, blanket up to his chin.

14.) How does your character react to temperature changes such as extreme heat and cold?
Jason doesn’t give a fuck about any of that so long as he has his target in sight.

15.) Is your character an early morning bird or a night owl?
Night owl. He always has been, always will be. Nothing could ever change that.

16.) Are there any blood relatives that your character is particularly close with, besides the immediate ones? Cousins, Uncles, Grandfathers, Aunts, et cetera. Are there any others that your character practically considers a blood relative?
Welp, blood relatives are obviously a sore spot for Jason. And when any of them were alive, he wasn’t so much close to them as he was responsible for them. So no, on that count.
When he’s around any of the Batfamily, he jokes around and calls them family names. Dick’s ‘big brother’, Steph’s ‘little sis’. It gets under their skin, makes them squirm. Especially when any of them hear him refer to Batman as ‘daddy’. It makes him smile, twisted and odd and bitter. What they don’t know is that there’s an old longing behind those words, an old familiarity that only died in Jason recently.
If he were pushed to it, he would admit that he still considers Alfred family. But only because Alfred still counts Jason as family.

I JUST HAVE A LOT OF JASON FEELINGS
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 pm

oh god all the jason feels what is that boy doing to you

Oh hey. I'm not sure if there was Batman and Red Hood and such in Sentinelverse. Is possible Bruce is just the Sentinel of the City, training others. That is a weird thought.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 pm

I have more here have them

17.) What’s your character’s desk/workspace look like? Are they neat or messy?
Jason doesn’t have a desk. He has a workbench in the garage, but that’s about it. But, okay, it’s kept neat enough. The problem is, though, that when the Joker beat him to death that time – well. There was a lot of attention paid to his skull. Jason died brain-damaged. And that wasn’t entirely fixed up by the pit, not completely. He still forgets things, sometimes he’s not sure what really happened and was hasn’t. He has to stop and think a lot. Remind himself. So, neat as the workbench might be, Jason has notes taped all over it. And the fridge. And the hallways. And the mirrors in the bathroom. Everywhere. Just reminding him about things.

18.) Is your character a good cook? What’s their favorite recipe, whether they’re good or not? (Microwave mac-and-cheese applies.)
Jason can make a mean cheese toastie. He’s talking tomato, ham, mustard, everything you could ever want. Melted to perfection. Damn.

19.) What’s your character’s preferred means of travel?
Generally Jason goes by foot. He learned early on that the only way to really make his way through Gotham is by foot, using the walkways that no-one else does. You learn the city, you learn the backdoors and you have a way to get to where you’re going then get the fuck out. He likes it. But, if he had a choice, he’d have his own Redmobile or whatever. He’s a gearhead and he always will be. Currently his only motor is a bike he shares with X. It’s easier to stay off of people’s radars when there’s not too much tech or motor-muscle flying around the place.

20.) Does your character have any irrational fears?
He’s pretty scared of clowns. Haven’t a clue why.

21.) What would your character’s CUTIE MARK be?
A bright, red apple with an angry worm coming out of it. Because, you see, he’s – oh, you get the joke.

22.) If your character could time travel, where would they go?
I think – I think he’d spent some time with himself as a kid? Just spend some time with himself. Take him out for chilli-dogs, maybe go to a movie. Walk with him. Laugh at his stupid jokes. Tell him not to worry so damned much, it’ll be better before it’s worse and then it won’t matter.

23.) Is your character superstitious?
Nope. It’s the villains in Gotham that are the superstitious, cowardly types. Jason may be a bad man, but he’s not an idiot.

24.) What might your character’s ideal romantic partner be?
Jason’s automatic reply here is: “Adventurous and bendy”. But that’s bravado talking, and maybe a few deep-seated issues that we don’t have to go into right now. In truth, the person most suited to Jason would have to be patient, understand and a little bit fearless. We’re talking about an manchild with serious emotional problems, huge abandonment issues and a chronic fear of clowns. Not to mention his night-terrors, adrenaline addiction… among other things. You’d think that it’d be best to have someone around that’s exactly like him, and there would be a level of that needed to keep them together, but generally Jason doesn’t need egging on. He needs stability. He’s always needed stability. He just doesn’t know that because it’s such a rare commodity.

25.) Describe your character’s hands. Are they small, long, calloused, smooth, stubby?
Averaged sized, calloused but not overly so, but with thin fingers. He used to have delicate fingers, quick and light. When he bulked out, muscle went everywhere but his fingers. There’s still a hint of that delicacy to be seen now and then, if you’re looking.

26.) Second day of favorites! Favorite comfort food, favorite vice, favorite outfit, favorite hot drink, favorite time of year, and favorite holiday.
· Comfort food? Easy. Chilli-dogs. Makes him happy down to his toes. (He’s forgets, sometimes, about Alfred’s mac-and-cheese, though. If he had that and remembered, he’d probably be reduced to tears. That, or Grayson’s waffles.)
· Menthol cigarettes. They’re a little bit pricier than his normal tobacco cigarettes but sometimes he splurges and just enjoys that fresh, minty goodness.
· Dark jeans, motorcycle boots, black shirt, leather jacket. Classic, versatile and damned pretty.
· Coffee. He doesn’t have time for anything fancier.
· Autumn. Not too cold to work, not too hot to work and he starts to get really, really productive. He’s one of those people who just shines when the temperature dips just a little. It’s nice. (It helps that Gotham in the fall is a burst of reds and oranges and browns against the grey stone and rain. He looks good in the fall. He looks impressive.)
· He doesn’t give a good goddamn about holidays. (Christmas. But it’s a love-hate thing. Since we’re being honest.)

27.) Pick two songs that describe your character at two different points of their life, and explain why you chose them.
Mmmngh.
Post-death, Red Hood stage in his life? Let’s Kill Tonight by Panic! At the Disco. Cool, easy and sexy and actually a little happy that his life has turned out like this. It’s not the best but it was never going to be. He’s done what he can and he’s got it good, all things considered. (Which is exactly what he thinks on good days.)
Aaaaand post-death again, just after coming back out of the pits: I’m Still Here by John Rzeznik. Just because I felt like breaking hearts with how betrayed Jason felt after all that.

28.) If your character’s life was a genre, what would it be?
What genre is Sin City and the Spirit? Action-Nouveau- Noir? That.

29.) How does your character smell? Do they wear perfume or cologne?
Jason’s not adverse to cologne? He just doesn’t have any or a reason to wear any. Not to say that he’s a smelly dude. He washes and he does that kind of compulsively. Always cleaning dirt from under his fingernails, never liking the feel of being unclean (Say it with me now: ~Deep seated emotional issues~). He generally smells like cheap soap and metal. He likes it.

30.) And finally: Write a letter to your character, from yourself.
Dear Jason.
Buddy, listen to me. You’re doing awesome on your own and I know you’re really proud of yourself. I get that. But you need the family just as much as they need you. They’re not going to admit that, we both know that shit. So maybe you just need to suck it up and be the bigger man, here. Go home. Stop killing. Calm the shit down and drink some of Alfred’s hot chocolate. Please stop doing this because we all know why you’re doing it; it’s attention seeking and it’s purposefully dangerous. Which, honestly, wouldn’t be that big a deal but you’ve brought two kids into the life now. Two. Setting up franchises just like the old man, huh?
Do you hate yourself that much?
Take a break, Jay. Go home. It’ll always be there for you, no matter what you think. Breathe, soldier. You deserve it.

nnngh. Also, are you sure? Huh. That is really weird. That is - super weird. Um. Right. *wraps brain around that for a moment*
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Oh baby Jaycakes. Wow. That is a lot of detail. AND A LOT OF FEELS

Yeah. It's a weird thought, isn't it? Bruce can do what he does, only legally. Probably with funding. Not that he needs it. And even after he came back from the dead, Jay would probably be sought after for his Guiding skills, the empathy and suchlike. Oddness.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:19 am

I have a very specific version of Jason in my head, along with one hell of a lot of canon. He's my darling baby boy, I loves him. Him and Damian.

Hmm. Do I remember something about Jason being a Guide when he died, but a Sentinel when he comes back from the dead? And there was a bunch of Brucefeels because he was too late, etc?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 am

They are the most misunderstood of adorable darlings.

No, I'm pretty sure Jason was still a Guide, because him and Bruce were still a matched pair. I think it's possible he thought he'd lost his Guide abilities, though, that the Pit hadn't been able to bring that back, but when he got closer to Bruce, it started coming back online. Or something like that. But there are always the 'too late' Brucefeels, aw.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Just - all the angry Robins. I have to have all of them in my arms. /hysterical sobbing

Nnngh, ow ow ow. Yeah, okay, that works for me. Stupid Brucefeels. Stupid Jayfeels. Stupid everyonefeels. So, hm. Do you want to play through some Sentinel'verse? It might start off a little jerky, though, since I have to relearn how to play in that 'verse, but yeah.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:35 pm

They just need a huge puppy pile. Yes. That's a good idea.

That is okay, we need to figure it out again don't we. I would love to muck around in the Sentinelverse again though. Hm. Shall we give it a proper thread? Do you want to be Bruce or Jason? And i assume it should be probably after Jason gets back into town.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Robinpile. Yesssss.

Should probably have a new thread, yes. I am not here for very much longer, though. I was thinking about trying one of the new games I got recently. I will likely be back in a few hours. Hmmm. I could take Jason, for the lulz, I enjoy writing Jason. Bruce is difficult enough, but I like Sentinels. FLIP A COIN, NOC, I DON'T KNOW
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm

I will attempt to write up something from Bruce's POV when I get home. I don't think I've been behind the wheel of Bruce before! It will be interesting. As for Guides--they have really high level of empathy, don't they? Especially for sensing Sentinels, to see if they're getting irritated or overwhelmed, but also regular people? Was that it?

What is your new game?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:18 pm

I think that's basically it, yeah. They just know what to do for their Sentinels, too. Calm them down, keep them from Zoning and all the rest. Also, right? Bruce is interesting enough but super difficult sometimes because of his repression issues. I wish you luck! THIS IS GOING TO BE FUUUUUUUN :D

I downloaded the Humble Bundle [http://www.humblebundle.com/] and I'm going to try out Lone Survivor. I've already played LIMBO before and I've finished Psychonauts a millions times so not them just now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, we are having tea with my mum's bff right now--mum needed cuddles, she saw my step-dad's old car on the road this morning--but I will check out that humble bundle thing when I am back on my laptop. For Sentinelverse, d'you think Bruce should, hm, catch Jason's scent while out patrolling? He probably doesn't patrol costumed, but he still patrols, listening to/smelling the city, the crimes, following criminals back to their hideouts and such.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:32 pm

Augh, I am so sorry for your mom, that is horrible. :( But, well, there is three days left for the humble bundle and it's super cheap for some of the best indie games out there right now. I think you would enjoy Psychonauts especially.

Oh man, yes, good YES. That is so weird and creepy but awesome at the same time. Sentinels, you are weird <3

Okay, I will go to play games now. I shall return in a number of hours! <333

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Okay, I have now downloaded the humble bundle. I am going to watch the season finale of Revenge with mum, and write the Sentinelverse post, and then I shall pick one of the games and play. Very Happy
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 am

Okay. This but with Steph instead of Jo
Goodbye feeling happy http://castielmilton.tumblr.com/post/48800352047
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am

also here is something tasty http://25.media.tumblr.com/497695fd98ca94ce4391005c7bdc6359/tumblr_mlynaz9b231s6lw39o1_500.jpg
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed May 29, 2013 2:18 pm

It would be wonderful if we could get our Jason and Tim in smutverse to this point.

I shall reply to other things following my buttrasound! Wish me butt-luck!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top