[HDM/Z!Doctor] First Touches

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [HDM/Z!Doctor] First Touches

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Essene bounces as well, Cadara's excitement contagious, and the Doctor grins. "Good, I'm glad."

The secretary and her parakeet flutter nervously at the two large daemons' exuberance, and the Doctor ushers Snooze back out the door, with a nod of thanks. "So, Monday, then. Two more days of freedom," the Doctor says.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Snooze is basically walking on air right now. "What do you think I should do? Should I relax or try and prepare?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm

The Doctor chuckles. "Whichever you usually do, I think. You do seem likely to be stressed, though, and I don't think that will help much. Wait until you see the catch-up work you're supposed to be doing for that."

(bed in fifteen minuuuuuuutes~ I was gonna go to bed after I washed up but instead I am here just for you, be pleased)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Snooze agrees. "All right. Relax, then. Maybe I could take a look in your library for things to read?"

Cadara nudges her head against his hand. "Maybe we could go for a run, too, please."

(YESSSS extra fifteen minutes awesome)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 pm

"Definitely that second one," Essene pipes up. The Doctor smiles. "You can do whatever you want to do, Snooze. Cadara. It's the weekend, it's meant for having some freedom."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:35 pm

"Excellent." Snooze looks down at Cadara and Essene. "Yes, we can go for a run, if the Doctor says you can," he adds to Essene.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm

"There's a track Essene goes on that has times when it's mostly empty. That's best for not attracting attention," the Doctor says. "If you go there, that's fine."

"I can show you where it is," Essene says. She looks thrilled, her ears perked up in excitement. She hardly ever gets running companions. The Doctor only runs when he has to, which, to be fair, is often, but rarely in England.

(okay sleep now goodnight! <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:43 pm

"That sounds good. We might go after lunch today," Snooze suggests, looking to the Doctor for his nod. He and Cadara often prefer to run alone--if regular people see Cadara running anywhere they tend to panic, even if they know she is a daemon and would not stray far from her human, would not harm anyone unless he was being harmed.

(my goodnight is on twitter so I can send you proper hearts, not :heart:s)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:00 pm

"Certainly. Get some of her energy out, will you?" Essene thwaps him with her tail, casually, as she walks out ahead of them. She really does like to lead. "And maybe I can take you out to lunch somewhere."

(hiiiii I don't know how fast I will be fading but here I am)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 pm

Snooze grins at Essene's cheekiness; Cadara is probably wandering off to one side, then the other, then joining Essene. Cadara likes knowing everything they pass. He's surprised at the offer, but very pleased. "Really? Out where?"

(aw, silly fading)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:08 pm

The Doctor shrugs, grinning. "I have no idea! There's got to be an interesting place or two in the area. If you're going to be cooking in a restaurant, you ought to experience as many of them as possible, correct?"

(I know, I know, so sad.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 pm

"That sounds excellent. I always like trying new food." Of course, the new food he'd tried had mostly been various dishes his new foster parents could cook--he'd never been to a restaurant or pub. Eating at home was always easier. "You might find me trying out how to cook the new dishes after we eat them," he warns the Doctor, unable to keep the stupid smile from his face.

(Extraordinarily. Crying or Very sad)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:15 pm

"I'm rather looking forward to that bit, actually," the Doctor says. Snooze seems excited out of proportion to the simple offer, and the Doctor wonders if it's because he rarely gets things given to him, or because it's a new experience altogether. Either way, the Doctor rather likes being able to put that smile on his face.

( ::pats:: )

(Doctor why so creeper)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Snooze chuckles a little. "Do you have anything in mind for lunch? Because I could try making something now, if you want. Do you have any cookbooks in your library?" Cadara flicks her tail against his hand, the soft brush of fur getting his attention. She rolls her eyes at him, and he wrinkles his nose at her. "I apologise," he says, though. "Am I talking too much?"

(sniff)

(Because he has a new toy! Happy!Z!Doctor!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:23 pm

(I sort of assumed they were still walking outside, and the Doctor would just steer them towards downtown for that lunch date?) "No, you're not talking too much. He's not talking too much, Cadara," he says to reinforce his words. "I haven't got many cookbooks, but I'm sure we could find some. If we go to an interesting enough place they might even sell theirs. Or there's always the Internet."

(he wants to play with it, can he can he)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:26 pm

(Snooze didn't want to assume that the Doctor meant today.) "Oh, of course, the internet." Snooze feels like hitting himself. He always forgets about, y'know, technology. "What kinds of places are there to eat, here?"

(of course he can, it's /all/ his for the playing)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:35 pm

(/awwwww/) "All sorts, really. What are you in the mood for? Indian, American, Chinese, a regular old pub?" The Doctor spreads his hands, indicating the wide variety he has to choose from. "Or we can just have Essene sniff out something tasty. She hasn't steered me wrong yet. Strange, sometimes, but never wrong."

If it's possible for a dog's eyes to roll, Essene's are. But she still looks happy.

(I just went to write that the Doctor was frolicking in it, then realised how creepy that sounded, then realised he might do it anyway.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Snooze looks at Essene with interest, and Cadara does too, sniffing the air like she could do the same, smell out good human food. "I could go for a surprise," he says after a moment. "Let Essene show us the way?"

(It is entirely possible. I keep wondering what's the turning point in this 'verse for them--when Z!Doctor returns to regular!Doctor, and it it'd have to do with nearly killing Snooze and the Master's timely return, all in one. The thought of the Doctor frolicking in Snooze's blood gave me that thought.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Essene's ears perk up and she sniffs the air, circling a few times. "First she has to calibrate," the Doctor explains, earning him a huff from the collie. It isn't long, though, before she starts off down a side street, pausing occasionally to sniff the ground, trees, or other obstacles. The Doctor shrugs and sets off after her, the better to help her fake being closely bonded. "She's always had a nose for interesting things. Not just food, but also people, interesting places, archaeological finds."

(I think full recovery would have to do with the Master coming back, almost certainly. No one else has the same pull on him that the Master does. I think the realisation that there is something Very Wrong with him would occur during some kind of Snooze torture session, though. Like it almost did in canon. Because this Snooze, if he breaks him, will actually die.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:55 pm

"Useful," Snooze says, approving. "Cadara has a good sense for people--those who are kind, and those who are no good, those who dislike me." Funnily enough she'd always liked Mouse and Mitz. "And she is fantastic at hide and seek." Cadara puffs up a little with pride at the praise, even as she tries to pick up whatever scent Essene has.

(I'd almost say that the Master would walk in on a torture session where Snooze is nearly dead. The Doctor snaps out of the bloody haze; the Master dumps Snooze at the hospital and returns to the Doctor to Make Him Right Again. Or something like that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:56 pm

"That must come in very handy, the way you live. I must say, it makes me all the more glad she seems to like me."

(That sounds /perfect/.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Cadara smiles her cat-smile up at the Doctor. "You smell good," she tells him. "Sort of spicy."

"The way I lived," Snooze corrects the Doctor quietly.

(Most excellent. I look forward to getting up to that tastiness.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:04 pm

The Doctor smiles at both of them, and grabs Snooze's shoulders in a one-armed hug. "Yes. Of course."

(Soon, soon. The Doctor wants to have a little time to play before he does horrible, horrible things.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Snooze stiffens briefly, unsure what's going on, then grins up at the Doctor when he realises it's a hug. "I do not know how I will ever thank you for all this." The words pop out of his mouth without a thought.

(The playing will only make Snooze love him more, no doubt. Be more sure that the Doctor will eventually treat him nice like this again, if he only sticks it out.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:16 pm

The Doctor holds him until he's comfortable with it, and then lets him go. "You don't have to. But you're welcome, anyway."

(Always happens that way, doesn't it.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:19 pm

Snooze leans into the hug while the Doctor's arm is still around him, and feels a little colder once the hug is done. Still, the stupid grin remains on his face. "I never dared hope for a life like this until I was an adult."

(Yeah, Snooze is a hopeful idiot sometimes, and Z!Doctor milks it for all it's worth, heh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:22 pm

"You're close enough to one. All you needed was a little bit of help. I could hardly have left you when I could give it." The Doctor is enjoying the stupid grin, and how much more relaxed Snooze is now than just weeks ago.

(It is what he is good at, alas.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:25 pm

"Because we are family," Snooze says, comforting himself with the thought. It'd been a while since he's believed in any family but Cadara. Weeks ago he'd thought this was just another brief stop on the road, and acted like it. Thank god the Doctor had sorted that out, or Snooze would have gone on making himself and Cadara miserable, when they could have had this.

(At least he's not bad all the way through. Probably the more in tune with Essene he is, the nicer he is. Of course, sometimes it's more fun when he's bad, heh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:35 pm

"Exactly. Because we're family." The Doctor knows he can't afford to let the slightest bit of hesitation slip through, or Snooze will catch it and worry himself sick with it. Still, he knows perfectly well it's not /just/ because they're family. He should probably never tell Snooze that.

(Essene can be just as twisted as he is, I do believe. Very Happy But yes, the badness is fun.)

(...bed soon.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:37 pm

(Never, until the emotional torture would be delicious, heh.) Snooze is smiling at the Doctor when he catches sight of Essene out of the corner of his eye. "I think she might have something," he says, turning his attention to the daemon.

(Ah, but of course. The daemon is the soul of the human, after all.

NO BED NO Sad)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Essene is pointing around the corner, obviously gauging the distance between herself and the Doctor to see if she can go any further along the path. "Hurry up," she barks out. "There's a good one, right down here."

(sorry I sleep nooooow goodniiiiight<3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Cadara can smell it now, too, and her tail is waving back and forth as she prowls between Snooze and Essene. "It smells amazing," she tells the humans. "I can't believe I didn't smell it before."

Snooze is eager to see what they'll be eating for lunch, and he'll probably break from the Doctor's side, walking faster. He won't run, but it's a near thing; he reins himself in just in time. It turns out to be a Thai restaurant, and his mouth nearly waters from the wafting smells coming from the kitchen in the back.

(Sad Sad GOODNIGHT sleep well~ I love you !)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:59 pm

The Doctor beams when he sees the place, and pats Essene on the head. "I've never tried this one before. In with you, then." He ushers Snooze through the door, greets the hostess in fluent Thai while Essene wags her tail and smiles at her rabbit daemon, and has them seated in a booth in the back of the restaurant nearly instantaneously. It's not crowded here, but there are a few other diners, enough to make the place seem popular. They've come early enough to beat most anyone else out for lunch.
"I think this is an auspicious start to your restaurant-centred career. The smells, at least, are inspiring," he comments as he looks at the menu.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 pm

"I do not even know what most of these words mean," Snooze confesses, but he peers at the delicate pictures with something like glee. It's taking a lot of effort for him to remain seated still, as opposed to fidgeting, bouncing with excitement. He manages to hold it in by the lean of Cadara's warm body against his leg.

Then he remembers the Doctor speaking with the woman when they entered. "Do you know their language?" he asks curiously.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:29 pm

"Ask if you like, or you can just point at something and find out that way," the Doctor advises him. He likes this space; it's quiet without being stifling, bright enough to see all of Snooze's excited reactions but private enough he doesn't have to worry about being a little more intimate than, perhaps, a man his age should be with a teenaged boy. Cadara and Essene have space between the table and the wall to sit and touch noses if they wish. "I do speak the language, though it's a bit rusty. Thai, of course."

"He speaks twenty-four languages fluently," Essene says. The Doctor smiles down at her. "And I can curse and ask for directions in another thirty," he adds.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Snooze didn't know there were that many languages one could learn--but then, he supposes the Doctor has been to all fifty-four of those countries and more. "That is incredible. I cannot wait to learn French." He points to some kind of curry. "This looks interesting."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:45 pm

The Doctor leans over the table to look at his menu. "That'll be quite spicy," he warns. "But good. And, if you want to speak French, I can certainly help with that," he says, smiling. "It was the first foreign language I learned."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 pm

"That would be fantastic, thank you." Snooze may be looking at the Doctor with stars in his eyes right now.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

"Bien sûr, mon cousin," the Doctor replies. He may be getting addicted to that look. Snooze does seem to have it so often when he looks at the Doctor. He likes to think that he's expanding his world a little. Making him happy.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Well, Snooze isn't used to people doing nice things for him. It just about blows his mind that the Doctor could be so kind when Snooze has been so horrible to him. It might be restoring a little of his faith in humanity. (For now. Heh.)

Snooze grins at the Doctor. "Merci. Which is all I know."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

"De rien," the Doctor responds. "It's not hard, really, once you start learning. After the first few they come quite naturally. I'll never lose my accent in most languages, but I don't have much trouble picking up the basics of a new one in a few days." The waitress comes by then, and the Doctor orders appetizers and his own lunch, then glances at Snooze and orders the curry Snooze pointed at.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Snooze grins once the waitress has left. "Maybe one day I will know as many languages as you. Perhaps even some you do not know, so I can order your food for you," he teases gently.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

The Doctor laughs, mostly at the surprise - Snooze teasing him? He had no idea he was capable of it - and shrugs. "I assure you, it was faster this way."

(I should sleeeep)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Snooze smiles, still. "I know it was. Thank you. The thought simply amused me."

(D: oh god no)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:23 pm

"Then we'll have to teach you very good... hm. Balinese. I'm still not very good at Balinese. And we'll go to Indonesia and have dinner there, sound good?"

(I'M SORRY let's face it I'll probably stick around 'til the hour though)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top