The Nightmare Child

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Nightmare Child

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Mitz knows deflection when he sees it, but he respects it. Mitz probably isn't the best to tell about those things, anyway. He knows his reactions aren't always appropriate. And they usually revolve around getting or making something for the person in trouble. Best to wait for Mouse or the Doctor, someone who can help. "I can get you something it eat," Mitz offers. He cocks his head. "Well. I hope you don't remember what my food tastes like. Or maybe you should, so you can brace yourself."

(Mitz doesn't really know what to do with the amount of complimenting going on here.
...Mitz tried to be as quick as he could. He didn't like now knowing where Snooze was, what he was doing. He tried to hack into CIA databases but each time they nearly tracked it back to the Doctor's TARDIS and that would have gotten Mitz in - so much trouble. He should have done it anyway, he's sorry.)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Snooze manages to actually smile at that. "I seem to remember teaching you."

(Accept it gracefully and smile?
Mitz has nothing for which he needs to apologise. Snooze understands--he had just as much trouble, if not more, tracking Mitz. And Mitz did find him. He found him and brought him back.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Mitz looks at Snooze, smiling back. "And you were probably the last person to have anything I cooked," he says. "But there's bound to be something. There is no way, /no way/ I am letting you cook for yourself right now. I just, I don't think it's fair."

(He has problems doing that, it always feels like lying.
Yes. But he could have been quicker. So he's sorry.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Snooze is relieved that Mitz can still smile. Perhaps the Master didn't have him for quite that long, that Mitz can still manage to be happy, and joke. "I think I still like to cook. But right now, I think, fruit. And bread. But mostly fruit." Something fresh and sweet.

(It isn't. Mitz is the best.
Snooze wants to hug Mitz, but he'll settle for taking and holding his hand. He could have been quicker, all right. But perhaps it was best that he was cautious. The people who had Snooze--they would have had no qualms in /stopping/ Mitz. Stopping him permanently. Isn't it best that they wound up together?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

"Fruit and bread is easy," Mitz says, going through a list of things he thinks Snooze might like and other things that Snooze should try so he can find out if he likes them. "So that's good, thanks. Easing me in. Nice." Also the smiling has a lot to do with Mouse being back as well. He was doing no smiling at all before she came back. Snooze is definitely reaping the benefits there.

(Mmmnh.
...what will they do now that Snooze has effectively disappeared? Also, yes, of course it is. Yes. But. What will they do? Mitz, he doesn't have the strength to stop them from taking Snooze again. And he doesn't trust the Doctor, he's sorry. [that might be Master-influence residue])
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:03 pm

"Good." Snooze almost cannot believe how easy this is--to just, come back, and have almost everything feel exactly as it was, however long ago they had last done this. Wandering around the TARDIS looking for things to do together. He can nearly dare hope believe it was all real. "Fresh food sounds excellent."

(Smish.
Hopefully they will simply assume that the machine consumed him. Snooze shudders. And... well, yes, he has to agree. He doesn't trust that the Doctor will keep him hidden out of the kindness of his hearts. But if Snooze is useful, somehow, then he may win himself some latitude.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Mitz opens the closest door to them and, yes, they reach the infirmary. Mitz has gotten pretty friendly with all the equipment over the last year or more, so he directs Snooze to sit up on the chair in the middle of the room and goes to check the rest of the machines. "I'll get you something in a second," he says. He feels so much /better/ right now, being able to do something and help. He feels so much for like himself. "Just going to check your hearts and brain function. Psychic feedback. That can happen while I'm gone, though? So I'll just set it up and then get you food and then I'll be back. Okay?"

(Totally worth it.
Just. Just make sure he doesn't notice Snooze. Then Snooze can hide out as long as he wants.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Snooze perches on the chair and, as Mitz starts to babble in that beautiful nervous way of his, Snooze actually relaxes. "That sounds good. Thank you." He starts to touch his face and hair, trying to figure out what he looks like now. He's relaxed and sitting down; if there's anything dramatic about his face surely he can handle it now. But he doesn't feel anything dramatic; cleft chin, sharp nose, long hair. It feels all right. "Just before you go. How--do I look?"

(Excellent.
That is also an excellent plan.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Snooze gives Mitz a reason to stare, and Mitz is grateful. Mitz leans against one of the counters near the door, smiling lopsidedly. "You're gorgeous," he says, honestly. "But, but - wait, I'll find you a mirror or something. Sorry, I didn't even /think/. Stupid." He hops over to a drawer and pulls out a mirror to give to Snooze.

(Difficult but, sure, excellent. They can call it that. Snooze is useful, though, so it's not like he'll need to do that. He's a sniper. The Doctor will probably need Snooze on his missions.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm

Snooze is relieved--that's the way Mitz has looked at him ever since Snooze kissed him. He takes the mirror hesitantly. "I was hardly even thinking about what I should look like," he murmurs. He bites his lip for a brief moment, then looks in the mirror.

(Snooze shakes his head. No, he--no, he used to be a sniper. His previous body. That took a lot of physical training. This body lacks all of those skills.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 pm

Mitz hovers near Snooze, waiting for his reaction. Mitz is personally a fan of the new face. He misses the last more than he really has any right to, but this Snooze looking at him - well, he's definitely Snooze, there's no denying that. "What do you think? I told you, right? Gorgeous."

(But. Okay, Snooze has lost muscle memory but the skills are still trained into him. He can - just access them?
Mitz is currently scared to go on with that line of thought in case it's not a skill taught to slum-born soldiers, sifting through memories and skills during the first few hours of a new regeneration.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Snooze traces his jawline, and inspects his eyes. "My eyes are nearly black, this time," he says. He thinks he's probably good-looking; he could come to like this face. Mostly he's just happy that Mitz likes his face.

And he hopes that Mouse likes it, too. Likes it better than she liked his last one, likes this personality better. He wonders how different he is. He feels... more careful, than he used to. Less angry, which is nice.

(He can possibly teach himself again, Snooze admits. But it would take time. He can remember his lessons, at least.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Mitz tilts his head and looks into Snooze's eyes while Snooze inspects himself. He definitely gets distracted. Lost. But he always was.

(Would he want to?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Snooze looks away from the mirror and at Mitz, and again, he manages that smile. It's easier this time. "I'm glad you like it," he says. "Me."

(He isn't sure. Perhaps, if the skill was needed.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Mitz frowns, shocked. "Of course I do," he says quietly, seriously. "I love you." That never changed.

(Mitz thinks it'll be more about convincing the Doctor that it's needed. ...Mitz kept Snooze's gun clean, though. Just in case.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Snooze's smile gets stronger. That hadn't been a dream. By Rassilon, he has never been so happy. "And I love you."

(That's very kind of Mitz. He didn't have to do that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Mitz steps closer and sits on the edge of the chair with Snooze. He's a little dazzled, for lack of a better word, at how beautiful that new smile is once it gets going. He takes Snooze's hand with his good one and just holds it. He doesn't know what to say and saying 'thank you because I was afraid you didn't anymore' seems stupid.

(Yes, he did. It was either that or go back to picking through Snooze's clothes to see which still smelled a little like him. Mitz is, obviously, not proud of himself. But, well. Full disclosure. It's not like Snooze didn't know Mitz was a nutcase, heh.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Snooze lifts Mitz's hand to his lips and kisses his knuckles, then presses his hand to his cheek. "Thank you. For coming to get me."

(Actually... well. Snooze and Mouse did much the same thing.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 pm

"Well, it was - it was you, really," Mitz waves away the thanks, but still smiling at the kiss. If this isn't really happening, if this is a dream, he is going to flip. It's too perfect. "With the trackers you left behind. Great idea, that, and without them... well." Mitz rubs a thumb against Snooze's cheek. He's distracted again.

(Mitz smiles and it threatens to crumble into something considerably more soggy. Oh, well, that. That actually explains why, uh, why he would smell them. Sometimes. On his clothes and stuff. He just figured... He thought he was losing it.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Snooze turns his face towards Mitz's hand. He's /missed/ being touched, and he hadn't realised it until this moment. "They were Mouse's idea. She is all right?"

(No. Mouse slept on his pillow. Snooze wore that scarf Mitz liked, quite a bit.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Mitz grins suddenly. Why the hell didn't she say anything about that? It's so needlessly modest. "She's - yeah, she's fine. Well, I mean. We all want this war to not /be/. But she is out. With the Doctor and Teela. Alive, fine, in one piece," Mitz tells him. "She'll be so happy to see you, Snooze. I can't wait to see her face."

(Oh. ...oh. Excellent.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:18 pm

"I hope so." Snooze loves Mitz's grin right now. It's quite beautiful. Mitz lights up like the sun whenever he talks about Mouse.

(And other things, Snooze thinks. He touches his head, lightly. Bit scrambled.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:21 pm

"She will be," Mitz promises, nodding. "I'm - I was going to... Food! Sorry. Completely side-tracked." He hovers for a second, then pulls Snooze's hand to his mouth before he lets go and makes his way to the door. "A lot of fruit? I'll make tea, too. I'll. I'll just grab a bunch of stuff."

(Mitz is honestly glad that he wasn't mental and that they missed him.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:24 pm

"That sounds excellent. Thank you," Snooze says, heartfelt. Sweet fruit and warm tea, and Mitz.

(They missed him more than air.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Mitz nods and leaves. He actually moves a lot faster than he has done since he made his way to the console room when Mouse was being brought aboard. Before that he barely moved. He makes what he thinks might be a platter, fruits and breads, anything he can find. A pot of tea. Everything's easily found, easily made, easily eaten.

He has to go a little slower on the way back, carrying the food and drinks. His uneven gait makes things weird and he doesn't want to spill anything. He pulls over a cart made for holding medical implements and sets everything down, bringing it to Snooze. "I hope that's what you were looking for."

(Mitz probably curls into himself. He doesn't know what to say but that he missed them, too.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Snooze exhales, looking at the platter. Everything looks so bright and fresh and delicious. "This looks perfect. Exactly what I would have done myself." He reaches for purple Shisani fruit, and when he bites into it, he has to close his eyes, make a tiny sound. It's so /good/.

(Snooze uses his grip on Mitz's hands to pull him in close. Snooze is glad.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Mitz smiles, knowing that he's going to be able to hear that sound again, that Snooze is going to be around for Mitz to get used to it. To get used to all his new sounds. It's exciting. Two hours ago, Mitz was moping around the TARDIS and planning on watching a blip return to him. The universe is funny.

He checks the equipment's readings around them. They take data from the chair, with is a pain-free but subtly invasive piece of tech. While he does so, he grabs a stim-shot and shoots into his neck with a hard hiss. If he nips any fatigue in the bud now, he'll be able to help for longer.

(Mitz is just going to make several different octaves of happy noises at having Snooze hugs, okay.
So what are those readings going to be, the Noc? How is our boy?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Snooze chews on his fruit while watching Mitz check the equipment. When Mitz shoots up, he jumps. Mitz looked so--comfortable, doing that. That is more than a little concerning. "You will be able to sleep, later, after having had that, yes?"

(/Gorgeous/.
I would think he's malnourished--bad rations, maybe even liquid rations, piped in as he grabs some sleep in between attacks--but, since he's regenerated, a lot of his maladies would have been fixed up. Deteriorating eyes and hearing, weak or decomposing muscles, all that would be okay. What else would remain through a regeneration?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:42 pm

"Maybe," Mitz says honestly, shrugging a little. Why would he want to sleep, besides? Snooze or Mouse might need him. "It's more for pain than anything else. There's not a high concentrate of enhancing stims in there, mostly just diminishing ones."

(Fucking cuties.
I'd say that, considering they can grow back hands when it comes to regeneration, Snooze doesn't have to have anything that you don't want him to have. The only thing, I think, he should keep is serious psychic fractures and damage. Maybe lasting? Only that doesn't have to be the worst thing. I was thinking that it was almost foreshadowing, with him and Mouse connecting way back when and him being all self-conscious about his psychicness and then he becomes Mr Psychic Weapon.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Snooze holds out his hand to Mitz. "How much pain are you in?"

(Yeah, that would be a pretty big thing. Snooze is a Loomed Time Lord, completely untrained in a psychic sense except for the basic stuff they'd give soldiers against mental invasions. So it's possible he's got quite the brain on him. And now he's all kinds of unsure about what's reality and what's dreams and what's memories.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:39 am

Again, Mitz gives him his good hand to take. He rolls a stool over to sit beside Snooze while the chair gets its readings. "It fluctuates. Nothing to worry about," Mitz smiles, then pulls over the screen giving out info on how Snooze is doing. "I think you regenerated right on time. Looked like it was a little bit of a shock, though? But mostly everything's okay."

He says that out loud for Snooze's benefit, sure, but also for his own. Everything's okay.

(He could have regular sessions in the zero room to fix up his memories and thoughts, that doesn't seem unreasonable. And he could easily work with Mouse and Mitz to get better at dealing with it all.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:00 am

Snooze rubs Mitz's hand between his. Mitz is more important than food. "My body was very damaged from the machine, I think," he admits. "But this one isn't. The pain--it comes from your leg, your eyes and your hand? Is there--anything else?" This is him trying to be careful of Mitz's privacy, but he's desperate to know if Mitz is all right. Clearly he isn't all right, of course, but Snooze wants to know if there's anything he can't see.

(That sounds like a plan. A good amount of meditation at least every day, then Mitz and Mouse talking about what they remember as being real, sort of thing. He'll eventually stop having panic attacks about being dreaming and having to go back to the Child.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:06 am

Mitz purses his lips together, then sighs. Snooze obviously wants to talk about the things, and that's fair. Mitz just doesn't want to. Seems silly. Snooze was just poured out of a death machine he was piloting with what Mitz thinks might have been his mind.

But he also understands the need for distraction. "My eyes and hand don't hurt," he explains. "The eyes aren't a disability, they're something I chose. Much better now, let me tell you. I can work in the dark. Would've probably killed for them a long time ago, heh." He half-smiles. "And I got rid of the problem parts on my hand. No pain there. My leg -- well, yeah, there's a lot of pain there. But, like I said, it comes and goes. And I try to stay on top of it. The muscle got infected," he lets Snooze know. It wasn't his fault. It was the Master's and it was Mitz's. He leaves the other question. He doesn't know how to approach whether or not there's anything else wrong with him.

(Poor baby ): they'll fix it all up, even if it does take some time. They'll all be nightmare city. Mitz, admittedly, just won't sleep. But Mouse will be all war-torn and jumpy and Snooze has psychic scarring and trauma. Augh. Poor babies.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 am

"Because I shot you," Snooze says slowly, remembering. Then he corrects himself, fast: "Him. He was taking you away. I tried to stop him. And I shot you."

(they need lots of snugglepiles, let's hope they can all get to that point)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:16 am

Mitz squeezes Snooze's hand. "You had to. And he egged you on," he shrugs. "It was what you should've done, and you did."

(Mitz hopes so!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 am

Snooze looks miserable. "I just wanted to stop him. To keep him--you--here."

(Snooze cannot wait, personally.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am

Mitz panics slightly. He doesn't want to make Snooze sad. "No, but - if he was stopped, he would have made sure to kill me," Mitz says quickly, frantic to get Snooze to be okay. "That was the plan in his head. My head. Uh. And. ...I'm right here? So everything is just fine."

(snugglepiling and hissing at the Doctor when he comes bounding up to them talking about adventure)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Snooze lifts Mitz's hand to kiss it again. "I am very glad you're safe now."

(that, that sounds about right)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 am

Mitz smiles widely and moves his hand to touch, just touch, Snooze's new fancy hair. "I feel the same. Only with you. I'm glad you're safe."

(I love the idea of the Doctor walking away and Teela being all did they hiss at you again)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 am

Snooze looks at Mitz like he made the world. "You found me."

(the Doctor scowling, all "no... yes")
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am

"Yes," Mitz grins widely. He's actually pretty proud of himself. He hopes the others are, too. And not mad at him for leaving the TARDIS without saying anything. "And I'm going to take care of you, too, if you let me. If you don't mind, I mean."

(christ that's adorable)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:07 am

"Take care of me?" Snooze looks puzzled for a moment, then his expression clears. "Oh. All right. Yes, if that's what you want, then--thank you."

(poor unappreciated Doctor)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

Mitz withdraws a little. He got too excited, ruined it. "It's okay if you don't need me to. It's fine," he smiles a little, just to show Snooze that it is fine. "But you really should eat more. You need the nutrients. But you're good at food, so that'll be okay.

(pfff)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 am

"No, I--I just wasn't expecting the offer." Snooze smiles at Mitz. "I cannot remember the last time I was--'taken care of'. It was just surprising. I like the sound of it, though." And to show Mitz he really is happy with it, he picks up a bit of bread and eats it, still smiling.

(hahhaaa)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Mitz returns the smile, even if it is a bit watery. Snooze can't remember the last time he was taken care of. Did Mitz and Mouse never take care of him before? Was there ever a need to? He rubs Snooze's knuckles while he thinks about that, tries to find a time.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down