[Snoozevamp] The attacks

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Snoozevamp] The attacks

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 am

For a while, Gotham is good to them.

Skirmishes against Joker's men go well. The time away from Gotham gave the family time to think, sometimes, and they're much more sharp when it comes to making plans and, then, making them happen. Dick has Jerel, the war is looking like it might have an end in sight, life is good.

Then the Joker forces try to take them out, systematically. They don't target the manor, of course, since it's like a freaking fortress. But they attack allies and different members of the family who've branched out. They were punished for trying to have a life separate from the war.

After spending time first at Barbara's now charred and smoking apartment, then at the manor to help her calm down and set up there safely, Dick comes back to his and Jerel's apartment. He doesn't know why he doesn't worry about Jerel's safety. It must be because this kind of attack has never happened before. It might be because they targeted their apartment second after Babs'. Either way, he wasn't ready to see the three vampires dressed as clowns close in on their building.

First he was scared, then angry: /Three/ Clownz? Bastards must have hoped for Dick to be still busy with Babs, counting on him to put family before his own fucking mate, his own home. He's off the bike and shifted in seconds, chasing after the pricks going into the car park.

He rips them to shreds, and it's all a haze of teeth and claws and the occasional gun fired and blood and flesh. He kills them, but is too late to stop them planting the charges at the base of the building, against the beams in the car-park. He knows from past experience that if he tries to disarm those bombs at all then there'll be more destruction than originally planned. The Joker punishes those who get in the way of his 'jokes'.

Dick runs up to the door of their apartment and bursts through. He shifts back to human, panting and still covered in blood, and tries to find Jerel.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] The attacks

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Jerel looks up from his textbooks when he smells Dick's shifted form, and he's on his feet by the time Dick bursts through the door. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't expecting something like this eventually. It's been too peaceful; Jerel's been left alone, though he's seen people watching him when he goes out.

Dick's covered in blood and fur and the look on his face is /wild/. "What's happened?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 pm

"Grab your things," Dick says shortly and grabs the phone. "Take only what matters. /Quickly/." He dials for GCPD and tells them that their apartment block needs to be evacuated straight away, and gives his clearance number. Then he tells Jerel, like an afterthought but anything but: "Pack my parents' photo."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Jerel dashes into the bedroom. He grabs up the photo and the laptop Dick bought him, then presents himself back in the living room. "Are we gonna be hit? Is there an attack coming?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:58 pm

"Attack already here," Dick says, covering the mouth piece of the phone. "Say goodbye to our apartment." His tone is sad. This was the first place he bought with the money he finally talked himself into spending, since it was his inheritance. But there'll be other places, he tells himself.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:00 pm

Jerel looks around, shattered. He'd thought this would be home. He trails his hand over the back of the ugly, horrible, wonderful couch they brought back with them from Philadelphia, then drags Dick out the door. Long goodbyes suck, and he gets the feeling they don't have that long anyway.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Dick grabs Jerel's hand and leads them both down the stairs - can't trust the elevators right now - past the bomb and bodies and to the car(/bike [I can't remember]). "I'm sorry," Dick whispers before starting the machine and driving them to the manor. He is. He promised Jerel a home. Not this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Jerel's eyes go wide when he sees the bodies, and something in him wants to stay and check if they're alive--but he forces it down. He doesn't care, he hopes Dick ripped them limb from limb--and it looks like he did. When Dick apologises, Jerel shakes his head sharply. "It's okay. Did you notice that you and the gift you bought me are the only things I grabbed? And your parents' photo? That's all that's important."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 pm

"Maybe," Dick says, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with Jerel and takes off for Wayne Manor. About ten minutes down the road, their apartment explodes. Dick doesn't flinch, but he does end up letting go of a tear. He swipes at his face angrily and gets them home, their new home for now.

This is as good as any for Jerel to meet Babs, anyway.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Jerel does flinch when it explodes. He wonders how many were still inside; how long the fire'll take to put out; how long before the Joker hears that he and Dick survived. He's not too scared to function, but he is scared. Things haven't seemed so bad since he's been here, certainly hardly a war. Now he's beginning to understand what it is.

He rests his hand on Dick's leg as he drives. He can't hold Dick's hand, but he can do this.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:48 pm

"I'll have to make sure to remember to get in touch with the police when we get to the manor," Dick mutters, half to himself. "Have to make sure that families get notified, people got out, that kind of thing." He sighs and swipes at his face again. "How're you doing, gorgeous? Y'okay? I got a couple power bars in the glovebox if you need 'em."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:54 pm

"I'm okay," Jerel assures him, and squeezes his leg. "I'm just worried about the people--bystanders, people in buildings next to ours, people in /our/ building. Though I guess we can't really call it that now. Still. It's days like these I wish I were a doctor, so I could help out." His hands are itching to get to work. Huge disasters like this are what he's made for. "How about you? You shifted and shifted back fast. You need food?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:58 pm

"'M fine," Dick says quickly. "Need to get back, actually, and make sure that no Clownz end up recruiting the civilians back there. Will you be okay if I jet off after dropping you?" He honestly wants to know. If Jerel isn't okay with it them Dick'll stay. It'll mean more for the Joker's forces, but that's a risk he's willing to take for Jerel's happiness in this situation.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:02 pm

"Of course!" Jerel says. "Of course I'll be fine, they're not going to attack the Manor. D'you want me to round anyone up to send with you?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:49 am

Dick shakes his head. "There'll be a few people there with the police. We'll be okay. I won't take long," he says. His mind is going a mile a minute. He only has a few hours to make sure they get everything mildly under control and make calls to ensure everyone else's safety before Bruce wakes up and effectively rallies the troops.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:58 am

Jerel leans in to kiss Dick's cheek as they pull up to the Manor gates. "If you're not back by sunset I'm sending Bruce after you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Dick stops the car and pulls Jerel close, hand on the back of Jerel's neck. He kisses fiercely, deeply. "I'll be back before sunset," he promises, and grabs his spare clothes from the back of the car. He's still naked from shifting earlier. He'll be more careful later.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Jerel clutches at Dick's shoulders, the tightness of his fingers the only sign of how worried he is. "Go kick some ass," he tells Dick once they part. "Come home to me."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:55 pm

"Always, gorgeous," Dick flashes him a particularly charming smile. "Go ahead inside and tell them what happened. There was an attack on Babs, too - Alfred is taking care of her wounds right now, I think, but she should be awake soon. She wants to meet you. Have fun, okay?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Jerel runs his fingers along Dick's jaw, then hops out of the car and heads up to the Manor. He turns back to watch Dick's car go, and spots no less than five Clownz watching the Manor--watching him. Just watching, though. None of them seem to want to come closer than across the street.

He turns on his heel and flees up to the door. Best not to take the chance.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Alfred is just finished up with Barbara and manages to answer the door for him. When he sees that it's Jerel, and therefore an ally, at the door Alfred relaxes. He takes his hands from behind his back, not worried now about hiding the blood on them. "Evening, Master Jerel. I -" he studies Jerel's face. "Ah. You've been attacked. Master Dick...?" It speaks to the levels of stress Alfred is under right now that he says Dick instead of Richard.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 pm

"They planted a bomb at our apartment." Jerel hovers on the doorstep uncertainly; he's probably only been to the Manor once, when they arrived, to swear his allegiance to Bruce properly. "Dick got me out, dropped me off here. He's gone back to make sure there's no recruiting going on."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Alfred steps back from the door to let Jerel in. "I'm so sorry to hear that, Master Jerel," he says quietly. "But also rather glad to know that Master Dick is alive and well. Of course he's off doing his work for Gotham. Sometimes it's very difficult to get them to stop. Come in, I'll make you a cup of tea once I'm cleaned up."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Jerel follows Alfred into the Manor, with one quick glance back to make sure the Clownz are still /outside/ the Manor gates--they are. "Dick said someone was hurt? Do you need me to do anything? I've had medical training," he explains, not sure if Alfred knows that.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Some of the strain starts to show on Alfred's face as he nods. "Yes. Miss Gordon was - shot. I'm afraid there's only so much can be done. I fear she may never walk again. You are, of course, welcome to do what you can. I've made her comfortable for now, and tended to her wound."

Alfred knows that the Clownz are out there. He's known all day. But they've been there for weeks now and they could never get past the manor's defences, so there's no call for worry at the moment. Not when there are pressing matters to attend to.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Jerel leaves the photo and the laptop near the front door, now determined, thinking through everything he knows on spinal cord injuries and gunshot wounds. "Take me to her? Please."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:07 pm

"Of course," Alfred nods, grateful for the help. "This way." He leads Jerel out to the heart of the manor and down into the base of operations. (The Batcave remains mostly the same, though there are more coffins and fewer Robin suits on display due to morbid guilt complexes of Brucie boy.) Barbara is on the operating table, sleeping, to the side of the main chamber.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Jerel has definitely never been down here, and he's a little in awe of the size of it, before he focuses on the red-haired woman in the makeshift operating area. He washes his hands and pulls on gloves almost without thinking, already assessing the damage with his eyes, and starts to conduct a careful examination once he's clean. He tests her unconscious reflexes and feels around the area. Alfred's done a fantastic job stitching up the wound, but Jerel thinks the bullet--or shards of it--might still be in there.

"Did you get all of it out?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Alfred washes his hands again and puts on fresh gloves, then stands at Jerel's side in case he needs a hand. He nods. "Yes. It was difficult, and took longer than it should have. I believe Joker used special rounds. Highly unfortunate," Alfred frowns.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Jerel frowns. "What kind of special rounds? Fragmentary?" He can feel the shattered disc in her back, see it under the skin. He hadn't been able to do that before. There's no way he can fix that by operating on it, but--with all the Wayne wealth, it's possible they could order a ceramic or steel replacement. Walking will take a long, /long/ while, but it might be possible.

It would be possible within weeks if she were infected. Jerel shies away from the thought.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:32 pm

"I believe he calls them Splatter-Shatter rounds," Alfred says, displeasure and disgust dripping from his voice. He holds himself back from tucking a stray hair behind Barbara's ear. It's difficult to see her like this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Jerel's lips curl. He hasn't got the words to express his disgust at that. "All right. I have an idea. A couple of days ago I was able to smell that someone had a metal hip." He leans down and breathes in over her back. He can smell metal, but it might be the medical implements, or the fragments of the bullet Alfred has already pulled out. But he thinks it's stronger than that, and when he breathes in deep this close to her wound, he's sure. "There's still something in there."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Alfred doesn't say anything else, but wheels over the surgical tools for Jerel. "Please let me know if I can do anything to help." He never thought about were senses helping with this kind of thing. That's very interesting indeed.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 pm

"Thanks, Alfred." Jerel carefully slices open the stitches Alfred made, and explores the wound with his fingers. He's still leaning in close, but the smell of blood and bone overrides the smell of metal now. He has to go by feel alone. He's practiced this on cadavers; once he was an assistant in an operation during a practical at the hospital. This is the first time he's gone solo, and he's achingly slow and careful, not wanting to make things worse than they are.

It takes him almost twenty minutes to find the tiny slivers of bullet. The thing really did fragment, and deep--if these had gone unfound, they might have perforated organs or blood vessels, leading to slow internal bleeding. Jerel's sure the vampires would have been able to smell something wrong, or even himself and Dick, but it's better to catch it now, much better. He works the slivers out of Barbara's body, dumps them in the tray and takes another deep breath. He can't smell anything else.

Before he stitches her back up, he takes a look at the shattered bone. Yeah. There's no fixing that with what he's got. He's not even sure he'd be able to implant the replacement without some serious studying beforehand, if they had the replacement here right now. Jerel shakes his head and accepts the thread and needle from Alfred.

Needle and tweezers flying, the wound is neatly stitched back up in no time. This is something Jerel could do in his sleep, even with years away from medical school. He runs his gloved finger over it, checking that it won't come apart, then steps back. "I don't think I can do anything else." He sounds unhappy, and he is. He wishes he could wave his hand and fix her.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:05 pm

"I think you've done more than you think," Alfred says soothingly. "I'm glad to have you here, to have caught that." He checks on Barbara, looking at her face. Even through the sedatives, she's frowning from the pain and pressure of her injury. "And now I'm certain that I owe you a cup of tea."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Jerel strips off his gloves and tucks them in the medical waste bin. "Yeah, that sounds amazing, thanks." He's distracted, thinking of what he's seen and how to fix it. "There's always spinal fusion surgery. But since it's that high up, I don't think it'd have much success restoring motion--any kind of intense surgery around that area is high risk. I was thinking, though," he goes on as he starts up the stairs with Alfred, "there's always replacement spinal discs. They've come a long way recently, made of stainless steel. It'd alleviate the pressure on her vertebrae, which might give her the chance to walk again." Then he rubs the back of his neck. "I don't know. I'm not an expert at spinal injuries. You should get a specialist."

(La la laaa flying by the seat of my paaaants~)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Alfred blinks at Jerel, a little, impressed. "That sounds promising," he says slowly. "I will certainly mention it to Master Bruce and, of course, Miss Gordon. I'm more than sure that they'll appreciate your input and help in the matter. I know I am."

(Heh. You are doing pretty well. Also, I may have to bugger off soon. Tired in the face.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:28 pm

"Thanks. It's all just knowledge sitting in my head if I don't use it," Jerel points out, still a bit hunched up from embarrassment at rambling so much. But then he remembers that he just helped save the girl--Barbara, Barbara Gordon--'s life and he feels better. This is what he always meant to do with his life.

(GET A NEW FACE of course)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:39 pm

"Indeed," Alfred agrees as they get to the kitchen and he starts washing his hands again and rolling up his sleeves. "And it is particularly nice to have someone else with knowledge in medicine here. Especially during these unsure times." He goes about making them tea.

(Well, obviously, yes. And I will. But I think I have to sleep in order for that to happen.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:44 pm

"I just wish I had more than knowledge." Jerel washes off his hands, too, once Alfred moves away from the sink. "I never got to do my internship, or anything, so all I've got is theory, no practice."

(That is a bad plan, sigh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:11 pm

"For better or for ill," Alfred says while he moves to put the kettle on and passes time by making a sandwich for Jerel. "I think you will get all the practise you desire and then some, due to this war."

(It is the best plan, because it's cold here and it won't be in bed and nom. Plus I'm keeping the Adam awake with my gaming and typing and I feel bad. I'll try to get online upstairs, but I don't think it'll happen. Stupid dongle. Anyway. I go upstairs now. If I do not return then GOODNIGHT I will see you later~ ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:16 pm

"Anything I can do to help, I will," Jerel promises. "I get the feeling Dick and I'll be here for a while." He curls his hands around the teacup and sighs. The apartment was just starting to smell like both of them.

(GOODNIGHT I will probably go and get something to eat now, so I wish you luck in your sleeping~ ♥!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:31 pm

"It will be nice to have everyone here for a while," Alfred smiles a bit. "It's a big home, even bigger when everyone has left for their own lives. I wouldn't begrudge them it, of course, but I do love having the family around. I am sorry, Master Jerel, about your apartment. But perhaps this is a blessing in disguise."

(IT WORKS but, again, I don't know for how long. I think I'll be getting money on it later today, so. Woo.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:36 pm

"Maybe it is," Jerel agrees after a moment. "I know Dick misses everyone when he's not around much, when he's busy with work. And this'll give me a chance to get to know everyone properly."

(YAY MONEY? YAY MONEY! Also I have to go in ten minutes, wow, I forgot that there's a performance thing on tonight that I said I'd go watch.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:43 pm

"And I could certainly do with the company when Master Tim's away and it's daytime," Alfred admits. "Soon we'll have most of the clan back, too. I believe that would be the next step to ensure everyone's safety. I'm convinced that you'll like them all. Mostly all."

(Oh man okaaaaaaaay I will go to sleep, so, because tired in the face place. GOODNIGHT AGAIN THE NOC see yooooou ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down