[Snoozevamp] The attacks

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] The attacks

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:50 am

Jerel's probably wearing one of Dick's low-necked shirts, today, so Dick can be possessive whenever he wants. He smiles at Alfred as they enter, likely entirely too cheerful. "Morning!"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 am

"Ah, they come up for air," Alfred says, giving Dick a Look. "Good morning, sirs. I trust you're both feeling more settled?"

Dick makes a small affirmative noise, and honest-to-god scuffs his feet around guiltily like a little boy being scolding.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am

"Much more," Jerel agrees, and takes Dick's hand to pull him into the room. "We never got much chance for a lie-in at--" home, "--the apartment."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:55 am

"Considering that the base of operations will be just down the hall from you, it will be much easier to have those lie-ins," Alfred says and stops, charitably, eyeing Dick. "Also, Master Jerel, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that your patient is awake."

"Patient?" Dick asks suddenly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:06 pm

"She is?" Jerel says at the same time. "Your friend," he says to Dick quickly. "How is she?"

Agh, friend wants to eat together. Half an hour?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

"She's upset, very angry, but at least has enough energy to express that," Alfred smiles. "You two should go visit after you eat," he suggests, maybe a little forcefully. Even with the meals he's been bringing them, they need more than that. He can probably tell already that there's some strain on them from not eating correctly.

"Shit, Babs," Dick smacks himself on the forehead. He tightens his hold on Jerel's hand to thank him for being there for her. "Yeah, we'll do that."

"Good. And please don't swear, Master Richard."

"Sorry."

(Righto~ I will be here, I think, but I don't know for how long. Have to wake up early tomorrow.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm

"Have you had time to talk to Mr. Wayne about the potential disc replacement?" Jerel asks, his brain buzzing again. "I was looking it up earlier and I think there's a chance that the longer you wait, the higher the chance the vertebrae might be damaged from rubbing against each other. There was damage already from the bullet." Then he remembers where he is, and that he and Dick really are hungry. "Sorry! We can talk about it after food."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Alfred waves away his apologies. "If you're right and there's a chance that wasting time will be bad for Miss Gordon then I would like to talk about it while you eat, if that's all right with you Master Jerel."

Dick just kind of looks at Jerel with a small smile on his face. He knew, of course, that Jerel was brilliant. This is the first time he's heard even a hint of how brilliant he is.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:55 pm

"Of course," Jerel says immediately. "And I assume she's lying down now, not much moving around? So that'll help." He catches Dick's smile. "What?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Alfred nods. "She is. She - I'm afraid she can't move very much at all."

Dick is about to tell Jerel how much he loves him, and that would show on his face right up until he hears that and blanches. "Hey, Alfie. Can we eat down in the cave?"

"You know how Master Bruce feels about that."

"Kind of don't want to sit around up here eating cereal while Babs is down there by herself and not being able to move, though," Dick says. Losing mobility is his all-time fear, second only to losing Jerel. He can't believe he's been ignoring Babs while this has been happening.

Last edited by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Jerel squeezes Dick's hand. "I agree. I think--I should have thought--I'm sorry. We should keep her company."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:27 pm

"Very well," Alfred says. "I will make sure Master Bruce understands. Go ahead. I'll bring down your food when it's ready, along with Miss Gordon's."

"Thanks, Alfie," Dick says gratefully, and pulls Jerel out the room and down the stairs to the cave. "I can't believe you went to the cave and I wasn't there. Or Bruce wasn't there! Were. Alfred really likes you. Also it was a big deal, obviously, but Alfie still likes you." He babbles nervously and he knows it but he doesn't stop. He needs to talk.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:31 pm

"Well, once I said I had medical training, Alfred suggested that I take a look, do what I could for her," Jerel explains. "I think his love for Barbara kind of over-rode the whole secrecy deal." He understands Dick's need to talk; it's his way of feeling connected to the world and getting everything /out/ so he doesn't hold it in an explode.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:47 pm

"Babs is part of the family, definitely," Dick nods, looking away. "Hey. Thank you. I didn't - thank you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:49 pm

Jerel leans into him briefly. "This is my family, too, now. And I could help, so I did. Did I tell you--? I actually could smell the metal of the bullet shards inside her. Alfred thought he'd gotten it all out, but I found more."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Dick blinks at him. "Holy shit," he says. "Even through all the blood and such? That's the biggest problem most people have, in the ambulances anyway." He turns the corner and stops, looking at where Barbara is lying in the cave. He takes a very deep breath.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Jerel decides he'll discuss it with Dick later. This is more important right now. "It's okay," he says softly. "Come on. You have to introduce me to her, remember?" He tugs Dick a few steps further.

(So the government gave me more money than expected today, and I'm thinking about buying a tablet computer. Which would you recommend?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Dick rolls his shoulders and exhales. "Yeah," he says, settling into a smile for Babs. She's awake and reading a magazine far, far too quickly for normal people. But that's just what she's like. He speaks in a light, friendly voice. "Ease up on that stuff, Gordon. You know Bruce only keeps so much reading material around here."

(Oh man, I wouldn't know where to start. Freo used one for a bit, though, if she doesn't still. You should ask her. Way more knowledgeable in these things XD)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:21 pm

"Yeah, it's not like there's an enormous old library upstairs or anything," Babs says. (I have absolutely no idea about her voice, you'll have to help me if it's gonna be me, heh.) She puts down the magazine and squints into the darkness of the cave. "Quit hiding in the shadows, Discowing."

Jerel laughs. "I like you."

(How about game consoles, then, you know all about those, heh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:30 pm

(Sassy, confident so long as she's not talking about herself, kind of hopelessly in love with Bruce and Dick, and immeasurably smart. You got it already XD But I can take her if you want.) Dick laughs and walks over with Jerel, shooting him a small smile. "Quit calling me that. So, uh. Yeah. How're you doing?"

(Yes. Yes I do :P And I would say just go ahead and get an Xbox 360. If possible, get an Elite. They last longer and have more space. Technically the PS3 seems like the better choice, I know, but there are constant problems with the updates and space and blah blah blah don't get one. A Wii is good for casual gaming or drunken gaming, but the titles aren't as good as what you would get on a 360.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:34 pm

She gives him an exasperated(ly fond) look. Alfred's at least moved her from the operating table to a makeshift bed--that was no doubt not a pleasant experience for either of them--so she's not cold anymore. "I got shot in the back. How are you? And who are you?" she adds, looking at Jerel.

Jerel holds out his hand for her to shake. He knows she's still got use of her arms from the operation--the damaged vertebrae aren't that high up her spine to make her quadriplegic. "Jerel Stillhaven. Dick's mate."

(I knew you'd be able to give it to me straight. Very Happy! My aunt has a Kinect--what do you think of those?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:39 pm

"And one of your doctors," Dick finishes for him. He pulls over a few chairs to the bed. "He was all magic healing hands about you the other day, he was just telling me."

(I have one and I love it. ...I can't use it that much any more because there isn't as much room in the new living room as the old one, but it's brilliant. Admittedly, I like it mostly because it's showing the first steps towards JARVIS kind of tech but there are still some badass games for the Kinect that aren't all about fitness. Also the fitness games are really fun. I have YourShape. It's fun, oddly. And a hell of a lot of work.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Babs shakes Jerel's hand, looking him up and down. "Wow, Dick landed himself a doctor, huh? Nice going. And thanks," she adds, more serious. "Alfred was saying that they were using Splatter-Shatters. Just one bit of a bullet, if it got in my bloodstream--" She shakes her head. "It's good to see you," she tells Dick. "Where've you been hiding yourself lately?"

Jerel blushes a bit even as he steps up to stand behind Dick.

(My new living room doesn't have as much space as the old one, either. Sigh, moving house. Maybe I'll put the kinect on hold and just go for the xbox idea. My aunt suggested that since I got so much money, she'll buy me something cool for my birthday instead of putting money towards my cruise, which sparked thoughts of a game console, heh. I think she'd approve.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 pm

"Been busy," Dick winces apologetically. "I'm sorry, Babs. I shoulda been able to stop them from - this. Doing this to you. Bastards just hit us all at the same time, pretty much." He reaches around to take Jerel's hand without thinking. He needs touch.

(Your aunt sounds awesome, just saying. And then you can play ALL THE MASS EFFECT and ALL THE DRAGON AGE and yes)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Jerel kisses Dick's hand without thinking and squeezes his shoulders.

Babs looks a bit wistful at the fond gestures, but manages to hide it. "Yeah, so I heard. Tim and the little terror, they're okay?" Her voice drops a bit. "Heard anything from Jason or Selina?"

(She is my mum's little sister and my most favourite relative, yesm. She used to work for the Department of Defence, and now she lives out in a house with a hobbit door in the bush with two dogs and a fantastic partner, she's basically my idol.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:12 pm

"Timmy got out of his place in time, as per expected, and you know little d won't leave the manor if there's a problem in case Bruce needs him. They're fine," he shrugs. "Selina's out of the country doing god knows what and Jay - Jay we don't know about. We don't know where he is, what team he's backing, anything. We can't find him. ...by which I mean Bruce isn't really trying. You know how it is." He looks up at Jerel. "Jason's like my little brother, I guess. Vampire, though. He's had a tough unlife and is off the radar now," he explains.

(Definitely awesome. Cool, cool. I approve muchly, heh.)

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 pm

"Yeah, someone mentioned a Jason before. I didn't want to ask," Jerel says. "Your little brother--a recent vampire, then?"

"I wish I could help," Babs says, casually, "but I don't even know when I need to go to the bathroom anymore, so I don't know how much help I'd be." She sounds like she couldn't care less, but really, it's eating away inside her. Her life completely changed in the space of an afternoon--less than that.

(And hopefully she will agree to buy me a video game console for my birthday. :DDDDDDDDD)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:26 pm

"Recent-ish," Dick replies, then winces. "Jeez, Babs. I'm so sorry. We're gonna do all we can to make this easier for you, though. And Jerel said - he said /something/ about helping you and it sounded really good." He reaches over to take Barbara's hand. "I'm so sorry."

(:DDDDDDDDD SWEET)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:30 pm

She sighs and squeezes Dick's fingers. "I know, hon. It's not your fault. It's the fault of those damned Clownz; it's the Joker's fault. Jason, too, that's his fault. Driving Selina out of town. Blowing up your home. It's all on him, Grayson, y'understand me?" She glances up at Jerel. "So you're really a doctor?"

"I graduated med school," Jerel allows. "Never got work at a hospital because of my condition, though."

Babs wrinkles her nose. "That sucks. You think you can fix me?"

Jerel hesitates, then says, "I think we can try." Which is as honest as he can be, considering the circumstances. He doesn't know if he himself would be able to do the surgery--he doubts it--and they need to find out more about the options, but there's a chance she could walk again, if she works for it, and he suspects she will.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Dick looks away from her and to the floor angrily. He knows that it's all technically the Joker's fault, but that doesn't stop him feeling guilty for all this crap. He's well pleased with the chance to look up at Jerel proudly. "We'll figure something out," he tells them both, trying for optimistic.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm

"We will," Jerel swears, looking between them. "Not gonna let the Joker win this time."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 pm

"Pfff," Dick says, grinning. "As if the Joker'd win. Come on. No chance."

(So. I can't remember what Harley was. Joker's human servant or something right? Well, she ain't no more because I just thought: Werehyena. YES. YES.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Babs actually manages to smile. "Damn right."

(ALL THE CRAZYASS LAUGHING)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Dick smiles at her. "That's my girl," he says fondly.

(PERFECTION)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:13 pm

She shifts around a little on her pillows. "So how did you two meet? Tell me everything. I need distractions."

(hearts)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:26 pm

"Well, uh," Dick looks at Jerel. "I was in Philly with Bruce and had to meet with the leopards there. Jerel was there and - yeah. I followed him home."

(so many ♥_♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

"Had me agreeing to date him without even realising it was a date," Jerel teases, grinning.

Barbara makes 'aw' noises.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

"It was a devious plan," Dick nods seriously, and then sticks his tongue out at Barbara. "But then it turned out we're - soulmates, I guess." He talks to Barbara, but holds onto Jerel's hand tightly. His beast practically purrs at being able to admit something like that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:47 pm

"Congratulations," she says softly. "Lucky things. The chances of just walking into a room and finding your soulmate--wow."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Dick watches her face and remembers when he thought Babs was his soulmate. He was such a stupid, overly-romantic kid. "Yeah," he says. "It was kind of wild."

Thankfully, Alfred arrives with the breakfast for all three of them and breaks up any awkwardness that could suddenly blossom.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Babs is studiously ignoring all the aching in her chest. There was a time she thought Dick was her soulmate, too, and it was a lot more recent than Dick thinking he was hers, no doubt. She smiles at Alfred to get her mind off it. "Thanks, Alfred, this looks great."

Jerel starts eating a pancake with his fingers, then guiltily uses a knife and fork when Alfred gives him a Look.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Dick stands up to help Barbara to sit up enough to eat. They're really careful, and Alfred has to ask Jerel to get from painkillers from the cabinet strong enough for her, but they manage it.

Alfred nods to them all and makes himself scarce.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Babs hates being so helpless. It kills her. But she's not yet at the stage of refusing help, the painkillere help a hell of a lot, and it's nice, the physical comfort. "I can feed myself," she does say, though, when Dick reaches for her cutlery. "Thanks, Dick. But I can."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 pm

"I know, I know, sorry," Dick frowns. He hands her the knife and fork. He feels so odd, like he should comfort her but he doesn't know how. This isn't how he wanted Jerel to meet one of the exes he's still friends with. Not at all.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:10 pm

"It's okay," she promises. "It's just that there are limited things I can do for myself now." She reaches out to pat Dick's hand.

Jerel considers this. "How about video games? You could play those still. Good for keeping your brain active."

Babs looks uncertain. "Nowhere to plug it in down here."

"When can she be moved upstairs?" Jerel asks Dick. "How do we get her up and down?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next