[Snoozevamp] Pre-wedding jitters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Snoozevamp] Pre-wedding jitters

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Mouse spends the weeks before the wedding patrolling far more assiduously than usual. She's trying to make sure there's absolutely no trouble while she's gone. She's calling in a favour from an acquaintance of hers in Baltimore, Alexis, a young slayer who's happy to have the extra experience. She'll be patrolling every other night. It's not perfect, but it'll work. The vamps and other beasties are usually pretty cool in Philly, even a slayer can admit that, and Baltimore's got more problems from its humans than its vampires.

Of course, even while she hopes and prays for no trouble at all, there's part of her that almost wants something to go wrong. Something big, something that means she can't go to the wedding. After all, if she doesn't see it, it didn't happen. Right? Right. 'Course. And if it's a slayer problem, then it's not her fault that she has to stay home.

She refuses to run away from the wedding. But she might make a tactical retreat.

She gets one really, really good fight in, a few weeks before they're due to head out, and it's pleasant. She comes home happy just before sunrise, and shakes vamp dust off her coat before she goes into the house. Cosette greets her at the door, demanding attention.

"Hush up, you. You hate it when I get vamp dust on your fur." Mouse always washes her hands before she pets the cat, unless she wants to see the ridiculous face Cosette makes when she tastes vampire. So she goes, washes up, changes into sweats and a t-shirt, and lounges on the couch with the cat in her lap, flicking through TV channels until the sun rises and she falls asleep on the couch.

She likes this routine. It's easy, no one talks to her except vampires and Cosette, and neither of them ever say anything that can't be responded to easily. And she feels like she's fulfilling her purpose whenever she finds something to stake, stab, or otherwise slay. And for right now, at least, she knows that her friends are just on a road trip. Just a phone call away, if she wants them. Not separated from her by a whole universe of... /stuff/ and /vows/ and /vampire things/.

When they come back home from their trip to the Stillhavens' place, Mouse takes them both out to dinner and asks them all about it. She expects to be able to bond with Snooze over the sheer horribleness of meeting Mitz's mother, but apparently, she didn't even make him tear up. He even got to meet Mitz's father. Mouse hasn't seen Mitz's father for more than fifteen minutes in her whole life. Mouse changes the subject very quickly to the wedding plans. She's spoken with the slayer of New York City, who tells her that this kind of visit is really common nowadays, and they should have no trouble at all getting in. She doesn't mention the bit where Chantel went off about 'especially with their own pet slayer tagging along, Christ and all His angels'.

At any rate, by the end of that dinner, she's prepared to take her place in the wedding party, which is to say, hovering just outside the actually socially recognized part of it trying to keep Snooze and Mitz happy.

If it makes them happy, she guesses, she'll take it.

She just hopes she gets to see them at all at some point in the next couple of months.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Snoozevamp] Pre-wedding jitters

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:21 pm

She will, of course, see them. Or Mitz at the very least. He still has the daytime to faff around in, and sometimes he needs to get away from the wedding stuff. All the wolves are very happy for him and everything, and it's handy that he's Ulfric now so they can't read how nervous he is. Not about anything, just in general. The whole thing is new territory - and something he never through he would be experiencing. Ever. He's never even been to a wedding. His family were either never invited to them or they never attended, and he never had friends before the wolves who might've been interested in it.

Though, to be fair, he never asked Mouse how she would feel about marriage. That has a lot to do with the fact that, when he was younger, if he ever saw himself getting married then it would be to Mouse. And he really doesn't want to bring it up now; he doesn't want it to get suddenly awkward when they've been doing so well.

On day, after going through all kinds of clothes and tailoring arrangements with Seth, he decides it's time to get the hell away from this stuff and make good on that 'doing so well' business with Mouse. He calls her up and makes a lunch date, picks somewhere he knows she likes and offers to pick up the tab. Helps that the restaurant itself is were-friendly and he automatically gets a discount, but that's neither here nor there.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm

(YAY HELLO I MISSED YOU)

Mouse is asleep when Mitz calls, but she wakes up fast when she recognizes his ringtone, accepting the date with sleepy excitement. She's always glad to get to see him, especially nowadays, when he's so busy during the nighttime. He needs a lot less sleep than she does.

It's only after she hangs up that she remembers to be nervous; they haven't gotten together much lately, and she doesn't know what to do exactly. Is this a date-date, or just a lunch date? Should she dress up a bit? Is there going to be kissing, should she wear makeup? He offered to pay and she let him, is that okay still or should she have offered to go dutch?

It's /silly/ to be thinking it over this much. It's not like it matters! Even if he /was/ expecting, y'know, date-date, it's not like that's going to be going on a lot longer. ...So maybe she should enjoy it while it lasts? Agh.

She ends up compromising on jeans with heels and a t-shirt, and her favourite fingerless gloves, and forces herself not to think about who's paying. Mitz makes more money than she does, anyway. It's fair.

Her nerves are such that she shows up to the restaurant twenty minutes early, and waits at the front for Mitz. It's a cute restaurant, with a menu that has little crescent-moon symbols next to the entrees that're particularly good for weres. Lots of rare steak and stuff. Glancing around, Mouse can tell that most of the clientele are supernatural to some degree. Interesting choice, she thinks, and tugs on her gloves to make sure they're covering her half-crosses. Wouldn't do to have any of this crowd think she was anti-vamp.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:51 pm

At least Mouse won't have to wait long. Mitz has long gotten into the habit of trying to be at a date, casual or otherwise, ten minutes early. He's surprised to see Mouse there already, though.

"Hey," he smiles at her after parking. "You're early. Is everything okay?" Please don't let anything have gone wrong already, please let it be okay, oh crap, oh crap.

(HELLO THE FREO I HAVE MISSED YOU TOO /clings)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Mouse jumps, drops her menu, catches it before it hits the ground, and grins at him. "Hey! No, everything's cool, I just wanted to, y'know. Not be late." She shrugs. Her grin is honest - she really is happy to see him - but it fades as she tries to decide whether she should kiss him hello or not.

(/also clings)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Mitz misreads her fading smile. "Wow, you know I don't care about you being late or not. And these guys are pretty cool, they would have kept the reservation," Mitz sits down and quickly takes her hand to reassure her. He smiles at her, then. "You look beautiful. I mean - you usually do, unless you're just back from working, and even then you have a kind of really select kind of beauty going on, like a warrior or something, but it's a different kind of beautiful right now is what I'm saying."

(I am not pleased with this midnight deal, I'll have you know. THERE IS CLINGING HAPPENING)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Mouse squeezes his hand, the smile coming back despite the nerves. "Stop it, you. I'm going to blush. I'm going to blush and then everyone's gonna know that their Slayer blushes." She shakes her head, still grinning. "I know you don't mind, I was just - wanted to be sure, y'know how it is." She's missed or had to reschedule enough of their dates, between one thing and another, work or her own issues. "Want to head in? This place looks great."

(I knowwwww, it's horrible. But I gotta get back into things, and that means earlier sleeptime. Goodniiiiiiight~ <3<3 and to Noc to if you're listening.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:14 pm

"Yeah, sure," Mitz nods, looking to the restaurant area. "It's a really good place. And, y'know, discreet. No-one's gonna be all 'oh wow, the Slayer, will you sign my stake' or whatever."

(HEAVY SIGH okaaaay I guess. Sleep good and dream nicely, the Freo~ ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:26 am

Mouse laughs. "If my life were like that, it'd be /so/ much cooler," she says. "Let's do this, then. I want tuna." She heads in, tugging him after her, and tells the hostess they've got two.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Mitz lets himself be tugged willingly. Kind of happily, in fact. This is so normal for them, so familiar. This is exactly what he needed to happen, even if it doesn't last so long. Sometimes it's hard to remember all the stuff they've gone through since Mitz got infected when they act like this, like they always have.

By the time their seated and comfortable, Mitz has an impossibly happy and soppy smile on his face. He doesn't realise.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 pm

Mouse does realise, of course, but where she would've teased him about it before, she'd rather just watch him look happy now. After a few seconds of that she'll get an equally soppy look on her face, though. She /missed/ him. Just hanging out with him. Not fighting, not awkwardly trying to figure out if she can kiss him now, not getting stupid drunk and crying on his shoulder. Just lunch, like friends who don't have angst-ridden histories. It's nice. And she can't even remember the last time they managed it.

Of course, as soon as she starts thinking about it, she's going to become certain that she'll fuck it up.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Mitz reaches for her hand again, but after another short moment or two he realises that he should probably say something useful. "I - I come here with the pack, mostly. Birthdays and stuff. Or if a pack passing through wants something a little more human. They do great everything, as far as I know? But I've never had any of their fish," Mitz shrugs apologetically. "So I can't tell you how the tuna is."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Mouse nods, gratefully, and reaches out to grab his hand when he stops. "I'll give it a shot and tell you about it. What're you getting?" She wouldn't've figured a pack birthday party for the kind of party that'd happen in a restaurant. Maybe it only starts here? She doesn't know if she should ask about that. She should probably take an interest in the stuff Mitz is doing with his life, she thinks.

(I gotta sleeeeep goodniiiiiight <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 am

"I have a usual," Mitz tells her, impressed with himself. "Can you imagine? Me, having a usual at a place like this. Mental. It's the bacon fried steak. They do like this garlic potato bake with it and - yeah. It's amazing." He should probably not feel as relieved as he does that Mouse is the one who took his hand. Get back to normal, Mitz, he tells himself. Normal thoughts. No anxiety. You can do this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 am

Mouse grins. "Seriously? Damn, Mitz. High rolling lately." Looking over the menu, he really must be doing well for himself. This isn't the place she would've chosen if she'd been paying. But then again, he gets a hell of a lot more tips than she does. "I'm totally stealing some."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:52 am

"Totally okay by me," Mitz smiles. He's gotten kind of fond of sharing food lately, actually. Entirely Snooze's influence - and all because of the marks, but it's a good change. Not that he would've been against it before, but he's actually looking forward to it now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Mouse glances at the menu again and decides on seared tuna, mostly because she thinks that'd be the one Mitz would like best. "Appetizers? Are the portions were-sized too?" She doesn't let go of his hand while she flips through the pages. A bit silly, maybe, they probably look like they're in the throes of young love or something, but she's enjoying it too much to worry about it.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:08 pm

"They're kinda big, yeah," Mitz grins. "But you can say you want a normal sized thingie. Go crazy." He goes back to the appetiser section of the menu. He hadn't even thought of that. That, that is a damn fine idea and his stomach probably growls even though he ate - just to be sure he didn't pig out - before coming to the restaurant.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Mouse hears it, and glances up at him, suppressing a smile. "It's like you don't ever eat at all."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Mitz winces, embarrassed. "Right? My body doesn't realise how much I eat. It's ridiculous," he sighs. "I think it's just complaining because I cut out carbs recently. Dancing and looking good, what a bloody hassle." Mitz rolls his eyes, joking.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Mouse snorts. "It must be /so hard/ for you being built like a god and getting paid for it."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:34 pm

"The old weedy teenager I used to be is crying inside me, I assure you," Mitz laughs.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:46 pm

"Oh, tell him to shut up. He came out okay." The waiter comes by then for drink orders; Mouse sticks with water. She doesn't want sugar or caffeine, and she vividly remembers the last time she got drunk around Mitz.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Mitz smiles and huffs a very pleased, quiet laugh. "I'm pretty sure weedy teenager me would have been stricken absolutely paralysed with glee at hearing you say something like that, y'know," he manages to say that without stuttering or messing up his words at all, but he still blushes a tiny amount. Mitz shakes his head at the waiter, asking just for two glasses and a jug of water.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Mouse really wants to kiss his hand right then, but she settles for squeezing his fingers. "I can just about imagine the expression, yeah." When the waiter returns with the water, Mouse orders her dinner and two different appetizers that looked interesting. She really hates seeing Mitz hungry, and she has no idea if he'll actually order that much food in front of her at this point. Plus, how often does she actually get to eat food this good? About as often as Mitz or Snooze takes her out.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

The waiter asks Mitz if he's going for his usual and Mitz smiles at Mouse when he agrees to it, but goes ahead and orders an appetiser for himself as well. Only live once right? Well. For a long time in his case, but still.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Mouse picks up the menus and hands them over to the waiter, a little awkward with only one hand, but she dares anyone to take her to task for it. When he's left, she smiles at Mitz. "They really do know you here. Impressive, Mr. Stillhaven."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:37 pm

"Freaky isn't it?" Mitz whispers, even though half the shifters in the place could hear him if they cared to. "I get a discount, too. All alphas do. I bet you could, you know, if you mentioned the whole Slayer thing to them. I mean, they know, how could they not? But you'd have to say. Seth cleared it for me, since I didn't really feel like it at the time."

He watched her be awkward instead of let go of his hand. That's good enough for Mitz, to be honest. As soon as there's a chance, he decides, he's going to kiss her. He knows that he's possibly sacrificing the nice, normal thing they've got going here but he /really/ wants to kiss Mouse.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:06 pm

"Nice perks," Mouse says. She's keeping quiet too, out of reflex, since Mitz is. Then she shakes her head. "Nah, I wouldn't want to try that. This place is you guys', I don't wanna pull rank here." The shifters around here respect her, but it's only the wolf pack who likes her, and only some of them. Better not to step on any toes, or paws. "Besides, I have my big strong alpha to bring me here." She makes a show of batting her eyelashes at him.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Mitz's previous blush comes back in force. "Aw, man, Mouse," he shakes his head, laughing. "Don't tease. I'm gonna go back to the pack in a few hours and all I'm gonna hear is 'so you were acting like a bashful schoolgirl again, huh'."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Mouse laughs. "Bashful, maybe. Schoolgirl, I don't think my old Halloween costume's gonna fit you." She reaches out and brushes her hand through his hair. "And you haven't got enough hair for pigtails."

(sorry about the delay, RL intervened.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Mitz leans into her hand a bit. "I could grow it out. Did you see me when I had the long hair? I think I could rock that look," he jokes.

(No worries!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Mouse pats him again, encouraged by the reaction. "That was not your best look and you know it. This is good though. Just long enough."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Mitz pouts a little. "I liked the long hair. A little too much work, though. This is good, huh?" He smiles at the praise. "You don't want me to cut it more or grow it out just a little or anything?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Mouse fights back a brief mental image of biting his lower lip, and shakes her head. "Nope. Perfect just the way it is. Soft, too."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:00 pm

"Grew it myself," Mitz announces proudly, as if to get more praise. He's actually running out of things to say. He's gotten better at receiving compliments since he started at the club ages ago, but he's still unsure about them.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Mouse finally brings her hand back down, quite pleased with herself for having managed to pet Mitz and not make anyone upset. Go her. "I'm glad to hear that, it'd suck to know you were stealing hair off your minions."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

"I checked," Mitz says conspiratorially. "They're not so good with the shaving. Besides, it makes 'em all look funny. I'm nothing if not a vain Ulfric." He puffs up his chest, completely fooling around.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Mouse laughs. "Yeah, it'd completely ruin your look if they were all running around with holes in their fur." Mouse considers that for a second. "No, wait, you should totally do that."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Mitz pretty much giggles. "Why should we do that?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:20 pm

"Because it'd be /hilarious/," Mouse manages to say before cracking up herself.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Mitz beams hugely at Mouse's laughter. "I almost would, since it makes you so damn happy," he nudges her foot under the table. "But unfortunately half the politics with wolves is about how good you look."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:31 pm

"Pft, wolves." Mouse waves her hand dismissively. "You're all a bunch of enormous queens when it comes down to it." She nudges his foot right back, pleased beyond reason that she's managed to make him smile like that.

(I have to sleeeeep)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:34 pm

"Yeah, you say that because you know all of my pack," Mitz laughs. "But, c'mon, we're not as bad as vampires. You know those guys are all pomp and circumstance."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:38 pm

"But such /style/," Mouse says, sarcastically, dropping her head to the side like a fangbanger. "Eh, keep your fur on. If you have to compete with those swish bastards, you'll need all the help you can get."

(okay now is the bedtimes goodniiiiiight <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top