[Inception]

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Inception]

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 pm

"Agreed. Perhaps consult for a job or two," Arthur suggests. He spots the car and tows Eames towards it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 pm

"That'll be right up your alley," Eames says. "You go out and work and I'll be a stay-at-hotel sex slave. Mm. Yeah, I like that."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Arthur presses him to the car and kisses him soundly. "I bet you'd /love/ that."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Eames hooks an arm around Arthur's neck. "Like you wouldn't believe, Arthur. I'd throw rose petals on the bed and lie there naked, waiting for you with a full flower in my teeth. Run baths. Get special lotions," he waggles his eyebrows. "Spend all your hard-earned cash on toys for us and tight clothes for me.."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

"Toys and tight clothes, and hot baths together, mmm. My kept man." Arthur laughs, and nibbles on Eames' lip. "Buy you all the pretty things, put you in an apartment hidden away somewhere. All mine. No one else can look at you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:42 pm

"No-one at all?" Eames pouts. "That might put a dampener on any work I'd be doing while being your ever so perfect sex slave, you know."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 pm

"Well, I'm very demanding, you know," Arthur reminds him, grinning. "You probably wouldn't have time to work." He reaches behind Eames and pulls open the car door. "In you get."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Eames ignores him for a moment and pulls Arthur in for a quick kiss. "Yessir," he breathes, when they part, and climbs into the car.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Arthur's body reacts interestingly to that, but it's been years since he's been anyone's commanding officer. He gives Eames a gentle slap on the butt and moves around to the driver's side. He hopes he still knows the way to his mother's.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Eames keeps his eyes on the city going past them, taking in all he can and trying to remember the way - but he's no architect, honestly. He still tries, and does so to try to build up his knowledge of places, maybe to get to ask Arthur how soon he'll be able to go back under and try to build things himself. Little places. Buildings, streets. Nothing more.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm

It shouldn't be long, I don't think, before Arthur goes looking for his PASIV caches, to get one for Eames. Even sooner if Eames pipes up and says he wants Arthur to go in with him. If he wants to go in alone it'll take a bit longer for Arthur to agree. He's just worried, the dear.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Understandably so. Though I don't see Eames wanting to go alone. He's not the best friends with himself. Not on Cobb's level back on the Fischer job, but not good. It just wouldn't be as pleasant as if he went under with Arthur. Maybe in a few weeks. Maybe in London.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Just go under for a few hours and play with Arthur's subconscious. That sounds nice, for both of them.

Arthur pulls up outside his mother's house just as it's coming on to evening. The sky is darkening, bright lights of the Strip in the distance meaning it'll never go fully dark, and the lights in the house are on. He sits with his hands on the wheel for a moment, then kills the engine and takes a deep breath. And another. And a third.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:58 pm

"How're you doing over there, love?" Eames says in a voice that would be light and jovial, to someone who doesn't know him. He's actually pretty concerned. He reaches for Arthur's hand.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Arthur clutches at it, twisting their fingers together and drawing strength from the warmth of Eames' hand. "I just--I can't quite shake the feeling that this is all going to go terribly wrong." He chews on his lip, unable to meet Eames' eyes. "That my family was some dream the army planted in my head, or that my sisters will hate me for never coming back before now, or they'll hate /you/ for some unknown reason." He looks up at Eames quite suddenly. "I'd choose you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Eames licks his lips, slowly, trying to hide the shock at those thoughts spilling out like that. "Darling," he says eventually, soothing. "If it's a dream planted, then we'll fix that right up. If they get mad at you then we know for sure that they're real, eh? Family will always find a reason to be mad. And, as we've covered before, how could they not love me?" He smiles, a flash of teeth, quickly. "...besides. I'm not sure I would like to make you choose between your family and me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Arthur wraps his hand around the back of Eames' neck and kisses him gently. "I'd choose you," he says again. Then once he's sure he can do this, he says, "Let's go in."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 pm

"Right you are," Eames says cheerfully. He'd rather not think about what Arthur's saying right now. Yes, he loves Arthur with all his heart and he has done for some time. But lose his family because of Eames? He shakes his head as he gets out of the car, while Arthur is looking at the house, and closes the door behind him. He takes Arthur's hand. "Introduce me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Arthur squeezes his hand as he leads him up to the door. "Edward or Eames?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Eames winces. "Eames. Please. If they ask, then it's no secret. But I prefer Eames. It's who I am," he squeezes Arthur's hand back. "It's who you fell for."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:34 pm

"It is," Arthur says honestly. Then he knocks on the door.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Eames looks to the door and assumes his most charming demeanour. He feels, honestly, happier than he's felt in a long time. This will be a breeze.

Hopefully.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:41 pm

(Okay, continue this tomorrow, when I am awake enough to manage multiple characters? Very Happy?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 pm

(Sounds like a plan!)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 pm

Arthur's mother is tall and slim, like Arthur himself and all his sisters; they all resemble her more than a little, but with enough difference to show they have different fathers. Arthur's mother is called Camilla, and she started off her career as a dancer, graduating to management after she broke her leg in a spectacular stage accident.

Arthur is the youngest. His sisters are Bethany (Bess, 10 years older than Arthur), Marie (8 years) and Amanda (Mandy, 5 years). Bess runs a ranch in Texas; Marie has cancer and has been in remission three times only to get sick again, to the family's dismay; Mandy works with Camilla at the hotel, but in security rather than admin. Bess has four sons. Marie has three daughters. Mandy has two daughters and a son. Every one of them are in the house--Camilla, upon receiving Arthur's email, worked hard to get the family together for the night.

Camilla is the one to answer the door, since she knows precisely who they're expecting for dinner. The two handsome men are a surprise. It's been years since she's seen her little boy and he looks older, harder, leaner, but his face lights up when he sees her and they hug immediately.

The handsome man on her son's arm is a mystery. "Camilla Levitt." She holds out her hand to him, once she and Arthur part.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Eames can hear the noise from inside the house; clearly full of children and family and life. This'll be interesting. He takes Arthur's mother's hand - he assumes she is his mother, but he never asked how old his sisters are - and shakes it warmly with both hands. He can see the family resemblance straight away and, Eames has to admit, that makes Arthur's mother a particularly striking woman. Good looks may be a family trait.

Now comes the tricky bit. She announced her full name. It would be rude not to do that same. "Edward Eames," he smiles. "Eames," he says quickly, before she uses his first name. "To friends. It is a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Levitt."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:37 pm

"Camilla, please," she says. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your company? Arthur didn't mention a guest." She sighs at her son.

Arthur flashes her a charming smile--her own charming smile in his face. "I wanted to surprise you, Mom. You always wanted me to bring someone home." He feels altogether much younger than he did ten minutes ago, and he wouldn't be surprised if his palms were sweaty.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Eames keeps his smile on, suddenly worried about this. He hasn't done the parent meeting thing in so long. He's forgotten the stress. He inclines his head. "Camilla, I don't mean to inconvenience. I thought Arthur let you know I was coming," he looks at Arthur, fondly exasperated. He turns his smile just a tad more dangerous as he addresses Arthur, but nothing severe.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm

"Arthur's email was all of one sentence," Camilla says, just as exasperated. "An announcement of return, a date and a time." She cuffs him up the head.

Arthur dodges it effortlessly, which makes her eyes narrow. "I sent the email before I asked you if you wanted to come," Arthur tells Eames, apparently missing his mother's suspicion. "I sent it while you were asleep."

Camilla looks between them and the penny drops. "/Oh/! Oh, you're his boyfriend. I'm such an idiot." She smiles at Eames, and realises they're all still standing in the doorway. "Come on, come inside, you'll catch your death of cold out there." Now she's fascinated by this broad-shouldered, charming man Arthur's brought home to meet everyone.

"It's the Nevada desert, Mom," Arthur sighs. "Eames and I have been in colder." In their dreams, at least, which feel as real as life.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 pm

"Thank you," Eames says to Camilla, and can't help but smile wider at how - not domestic. Familiar, yes, how familiar everything is already. Arthur almost whining at his mother, his mother worrying needlessly about cold. Sounds entirely familiar. Eames, for the first real time in a long time, feels homesick.

He looks around the hall as they walk through. "Your home is lovely," he remarks honestly. He wouldn't have expected any less from Arthur's family, really.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 pm

"Arthur can give you the tour later--nothing much has changed. Expanded the basement into guest bedrooms for all the kids," Camilla says to him. Arthur nods; he'd wondered where there'd be space for nine children plus their parents and grandmother in a house that often felt too small for five when he was growing up. "We're having a big barbeque for dinner tonight. Do you eat meat?" she asks Eames.

Arthur curls their fingers together. Why does he feel so young? So--strange? It's like he never even left to join the army.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:00 pm

"I do," he says. "But I'm just over a little bit of a dicky tummy, so I might not be able to eat too much." He doesn't want anyone to think he's being rude by not eating their food. So many landmines. Give him fully armed projections any day of the week.

He holds Arthur's hand. Eames is particularly happy that Arthur's holding hands like this in front of his mother, despite his earlier worries. Good sign.

(I am going to have to go soon, by the way. So very, very sick. Should probably sleep.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 pm

"With the two of you, we've got eighteen people eating tonight," Camilla says as she leads them into the house. "Not much will go to waste, don't worry about that." She reaches a set of double doors that lead directly to the noise; before she opens them, she raises an eyebrow at the two of them. "You ready?"

Arthur nods, squeezing Eames' hand. He told Eames already; he'd choose Eames over them, if they make him choose.

(Crying or Very sad But I wasted so much RPing time reading all that codebook sob sickness is sucky)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Eames grins. He likes Arthur's mother. She's got a flair for the dramatic. He nods along with Arthur.

(I know, I know, but it all went to a good cause I swear. Also, I edited that post and answered about the sheets but I don't know how to help really ):< I am sorry~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Camilla throws open the doors, and there's a moment where everyone shuts up and looks to see who's here--and then the three older women are throwing themselves at Arthur, practically shrieking, slapping him on the back and hugging him and drowning him. Arthur disappears under their onslaught of affection.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 pm

Eames lets him go and stands back, chuckling. There is so much love happening right now, it's unreal. He looks around to the rest of the family, the kids, behind the affection barrage. Such a big family. This is unlike anything Eames ever thought he would experience.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm

Arthur's sisters' husbands approach Eames to introduce themselves, and the bolder kids bounce up to find out who these people are. Arthur is having a hard time keeping track of everything his sisters are saying and trying to reply just as fast, but he manages as he always did. He's totally overwhelmed. He never expected them to be so /happy/ to see him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Eames makes conversation easily - and easier with the kids, when they talk to him. He likes kids. He's a big kid himself. Every so often, he has to look over his shoulder to check on Arthur - and he's always tickled by how flustered he seems. It's marvellous.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Arthur finally manages to answer most of his sisters' questions about where he's been and what he's been doing and why he looks so fit and tanned and who this guy is that he brought with him, and is subsequently introduced to husbands and children as 'Uncle Arthur' (well, to the kids, not the husbands). Arthur finds Eames in the madness and hangs on to him.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Eames nuzzles into Arthur's neck, assuming that's allowed since no-one's yelled at them for being very male and very together, yet. He murmurs, covert training taking over and making sure no-one else can hear them: "Cover story?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:46 pm

"Met during U.S.-U.K. war games," Arthur murmurs, taking a brief moment of solace, leaning into Eames. "Fell off the radar after dishonourable discharges, don't ask don't tell type thing. Now it's repealed we came back."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 pm

"Perfect, love," Eames kisses Arthur's cheek, and grins when a sister or two 'aww's at them.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Arthur starts regaling his sisters with the story of he and Eames meeting. Camilla draws Eames aside, messing up the hair of a curious little grandchild who follows Eames around like a duckling. "I'm very curious about you, Eames. It's a rare person who can keep my Arthur enthralled."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:00 pm

"Ah," Eames says, smiling at her. "So he's always been like that? Very good to know." Eames looks behind them at Arthur. "I count myself very lucky to be able to interest a man like him, ma'am."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 pm

"Please, call me Camilla. 'Ma'am', and I actually feel old enough to be a grandmother." She smiles at the children begging for food before it's cooked, and the ones hanging out in the corner away from the adults. "Arthur always found it difficult to make friends. He was a very solitary boy. Too smart for most children his age. His first girlfriend was three years older than him, and she could still hardly keep up." She sighs fondly. "I love him, but he doesn't have the best social skills."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next