[Redboys] Morning after

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Redboys] Morning after

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Mitz was so, so, so tired.

He'd done his patrol for the night. His own patrol, which was an important detail that he liked reminding himself of. Jason had basically told him when he was fourteen (two years ago) that he didn't have to hold Mitz's hand any more and they would do better work if they split the territory in two. It was nice, being trusted like this. Gave Mitz a really warm feeling in the pit of his stomach.

But fuck knows he was tired.

There's only so much he can do by himself. And, honestly, not being able to get all the sleep he can and see some sunlight was starting to take its toll on him. His patrol had to run from sundown to sun-up. Had to. Sometimes, he'd start just a little before sun-up, just to get a head-start. He knew that he was stretching himself thin but what was he supposed to say? 'Oh, hey boss, about that faith you put in me...turns out? I can't handle it. Sorry.' The thought made Mitz feel sick.

Dawn was breaking just as Mitz hit his face into the ratty pillow on his bare mattress - the most comfortable place in the world, as far as Mitz was concerned - and he sighed out a deep breath of contentment. Maybe if he cuts down his sleep to four hours he'll be able to catch Jay for breakfast and maybe go to the park to hang out for a while. Chill. Might work.

Not fucking likely, since he could hear Jason stir in another part of the apartment already. Mitz never knew how he managed it, but it seemed like Jason only ever needed about two to three hours sleep to say human and bushy-tailed and fucking on point. He was amazing like that. One of these days, Mitz was sure Jason would teach him how to do that.

He sits up and tries to decide whether to get up and catch Jason, or stay where he is and catch z's. He decides pretty quickly and pulls on his t-shirt and socks to pad out and see if Jason wants to get something to eat before buggering off to do whatever he does during the day.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Redboys] Morning after

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Jason's already poking through the cupboards, seeing what they've got. He might have to do a few hours of actual paid work soon, to get some currency for food--they're running a bit low on just about everything. He pulls out a few slices of bread and wrinkles his nose at the mould. Getting out a knife, he starts to cut it off, unwilling to waste the rest of the bread.

He hears footsteps coming from Mitz's room and raises his eyebrows. The kid only just got in not ten, twenty minutes ago. He should be zonked, dead to the world by now.

He keeps his eyebrows raised as Mitz shuffles into the room. Reddened eyes, slack features, hunching--Mitz needs to get back to freaking bed. But no doubt he'll refuse, no matter what Jason says, unless Jason makes it a direct order from Red Hood to Red X. Which he's on the verge of doing; an exhausted Red X is a Red X who misses things, who doesn't function at his best.

"Morning."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:03 pm

Mitz rubs at his eyes, the sunlight filtering through the tattered blinds hurting them, and sits down at the table on one of the two chairs they have. He smiles a bit. "Morning. What are you having for breakfast?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 pm

"Bread, since the toaster's kicked it." Jason jerks his knife at the smoking appliance. "We got any of that peanut butter left?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm

"Might do," Mitz mutters and gets up to unplug the toaster and bring it over to the table. He starts, slower than usual, taking it apart and looking at it. "Only enough for one sammich, though, if there's anything. You want me to go out and get some stuff?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:17 pm

"Nah, I'll do it." Jason retrieves the peanut butter and spreads it on his holey bread, watching Mitz carefully. "You sure you should be mucking around with that?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Mitz shrugs. "'S not like I can do /more/ damage to it. Anyway, if it can't be fixed then we could probably use it for parts. Right?" He looks up at Jason for confirmation, worried for the first time about his actions. He never really knows what'll set Jay off, make him mad or anxious or anything like that. And he may be a little paranoid from exhaustion. Who's to say.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Jason kicks back in his chair, legs stretched out--he's still aching a bit from a beating he took last night, but he's not too bad if he remembers not to scrunch up. "Yeah, 'course. I just mean that you might get yourself electrocuted, in your state."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 pm

"It's not plugged in," Mitz points out, then frowns. "Dunno what you mean. Oh. Sleepy. Right." He just shakes his head and goes back to poking at the toaster. He might as well. It'll keep him awake and it gets his brain working at a comfortable speed.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Jason puts it as blunt as he can. "You're not gonna be much use tonight if you don't sleep today."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Mitz continues poking, though notably slower and sullenly. He doesn't look back up. "...Whatever. I'll go back to bed in ten minutes, okay? Does that work?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Jason scowls. He hates it when Mitz gets in these kinds of moods. It makes him so much more difficult to deal with, and it's been happening more and more as he gets older. It won't be long before Mitz'll be striking out on his own, Jason thinks. "Are you actually gonna go, or are you gonna just go into your room and wait 'til I leave?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Mitz finally stops what he's doing, but still studies the thing as if it's hugely interesting. "I'm fuckin' beat, boss. I'm really looking forward to bed and I /just/ got back from patrol and I'm sore and tired. I'm gonna go. Just wanted, dunno, just wanted to see how your night went or whatever."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Jason leans back, watching Mitz for a moment. "It went good. Dropped off two muggers at the station and drop-kicked a rapist off a building. How about you?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:40 pm

"Chased down a pursesnatcher for two blocks then got him with a knife in the neck," Mitz says, not even bothering to hide the pride in his voice. Though he does punctuate it with an embarrassed kind of smile after. "Was aiming for his back. Got into a fight with some gangers. Quiet night."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:43 pm

"I overheard that the cops are raiding the warehouse district tonight, if you're up to it," Jason offers. It's been a while since they've worked anything together.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Mitz looks up, blindingly hopeful for a second. But it passes and he starts thinking about what Jason just said. His face falls more and more the longer he thinks about it, lack of sleep making him entirely too easy to read. "Dunno," he says eventually. "I don't think I'm up for that kind of thing by myself."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

From Mitz's expression, Jason half-expected him to say he didn't wanna work anything with Jason. He startles a bit when Mitz mentions working it alone. "Well, you could do it alone. But I meant with me. Like I'm gonna pass up that kinda action."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:52 pm

"Really? Like how we used to? Cos we barely ever to stuff like that any more and I thought you were done with it."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Jason frowns a bit. "Wanted to give you a chance to stretch your wings, kiddo. You're always welcome to come hang with me, you know that, right?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:59 pm

"On you word, boss," Mitz says dutifully. "Only you didn't seem like - look, I'm not criticising or anything like that, I'm really not. Just sayin'. It seemed like that. I'm prob'ly just tired. Forget I said anything."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Jason gets up and ruffles Mitz's hair. "I didn't take you in to train you and dump you, let you make your own way. That'd be a waste. You're my partner, kiddo," he says gruffly. "We're in this together, even if we're patrollin' different areas. Now go to bed. I'll wake you up when I bring back some food."

(GOODNIGHT sleep weeeeeeeeeell ♥! Have fun with paintballiiiiiing~)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Mitz holds back the urge to give Jason a hug. Special occasions only, Mitz has got to remember that. "Sure, yeah," he pushes away from the table. "I'll finish with the toaster later, okay? Don't, don't dump it or anything. There might be something salvageable. Uh. Thanks. I mean, for, y'know, letting me go off on my own. And I know I've thanked you before, but it didn't sound like I was too thankful just now. And I am. But, yeah, partners." Mitz rubs the back of his neck. "Wow. Definitely need to sleep. Night, Jay. Morning. Whatever."

(nnnnrgh didn't work trying again)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Jason considers just going, but instead he slings his arm around Mitz's shoulders and leads him to Jason's room. "That thing you call a mattress isn't gonna do you any good, and I want you fightin' fit tonight." He pushes Mitz to his shoddy bed, the futon he just replaced a few weeks back with one he found on a street corner. "Get some real sleep, y'hear?"

(Sorryyyyy I was eating food I HOPE YOU ARE SLEEPING THIS TIME but probs not, huh)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 am

Mitz doesn't even protest. It'd be nice to fall asleep in Jason's bed. It'll be soothing, even, if he's honest with himself (he's not), since he'll be surrounded by Jason's smell - which means safety and acceptance to him on the base level. "I'll make sure I'm ready for everything tonight," Mitz promises, and sinks down into the bed. "What time d'you want me awake?" Not that he can set an alarm or anything. But if he wakes up any time beforehand then he can figure out whether to get up then or sleep on a little longer.

(Ugggh I just stayed in bed and hoped for the best. I eventually got there. Missed paintballing, though, which sucks ass. Oh well. I don't think I would have been very good anyway with the amount of sleep I got. Fuck it.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 pm

"I'll wake you up when I bring back some food," Jason promises. "Something hot that'll keep us goin'. Sleep." He points a stern finger at Mitz, then leaves. He's strangely reluctant to go--he almost wants to climb back into bed too. He shakes his head and ferrets out his wallet. Yeah. He'll have to put in an hour or two's work somewhere to get money for food. That'll give Mitz some time to sleep, anyway.

(Awww that sucks. You will have to go again sometime, paintballing is fun as long as you don't get hit in the head twelve times. HELLO ARE YOU THERE)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Mitz rolls over obediently, almost instantly cocooning himself in Jason's blankets. He barely has time to worry about how Jason's going to find the money to get food before he passes out and sleeps very, very deeply. He doesn't even dream.

(Getting shot in the head with anything is the very definition of unfun, I would say. HELLO YES I AM though I think I should be trying that sleep thing. IT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN OH WELL)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Jason finds a factory and growls at the supervisor until the guy puts him on the floor for a few hours, growls some more 'til he gets paid cash in hand. Of course, the factory is Wayne-owned--what factory in Gotham isn't. Jason gets some kind of satisfaction out of getting paid, ultimately, by Bruce, without the guy even knowing about it.

He buys some long-lasting food for later, and some fish and chips for their meal now, and he's whistling as he makes his way back to his and Mitz's place. Food puts him in a good mood.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Jason finds a factory and growls at the supervisor until the guy puts him on the floor for a few hours, growls some more 'til he gets paid cash in hand. Of course, the factory is Wayne-owned--what factory in Gotham isn't. Jason gets some kind of satisfaction out of getting paid, ultimately, by Bruce, without the guy even knowing about it.

He buys some long-lasting food for later, and some fish and chips for their meal now, and he's whistling as he makes his way back to his and Mitz's place. Food puts him in a good mood.

(DISREGARD ALL THE SLEEP)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Mitz wakes up instantly. Not from the sound of Jason returning, but from the smell of the food. He feels like he hasn't eaten in days - and he probably hasn't. He walks out to the kitchen again and this time he's much more alert and sure on his feet.

"Jay, I don't wanna know how to managed to buy us what smells like the best food ever," Mitz says, yawning away the last of his exhaustion and grinning hugely. "But fuck knows I am glad you did it."

(DISREGARDING IN PROGRESS)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Jason grins at him. "I bought the thing my nose guided me to," he admits, and tears open the greasy paper, sticking a handful of chips in his mouth straight up as he puts away the rest of the food. "There's lemon for the fish, too."

(VICTORY)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm

"Ngh, god, perfection," Mitz says appreciatively and goes for the bag Jason didn't open, assuming that it's his. He starts eating straight away, using his hands unceremoniously.

(Great, Jason. Great. Now I want fish and chips. And I only like fish from one shop and it's in Dublin -_-)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Jason settles down with his food once the rest is stocked away, feet up on the table as he eats and watches Mitz. "When's the last time you ate, kid?"

(Silly Jason.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Mitz shrugs. He honestly hasn't thought about it. "Dunno," he says through his food. "A bit. No big. Totally worth the wait."

(sobbing.jpg)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Jason stuffs his face and narrows his eyes. When his mouth is empty again he says, "Not eating, not sleeping. So what's up?"

(SOBBING OVER JASON'S FOOD DOT TUMBLR DOT COM)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

Mitz makes a face. "Nothing's up. Why's something gotta be up? 'M just busy, you know that."

(It's just an entire blog dedicated to bread and chilli dogs.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Jason nudges Mitz's arm with his foot. "Something's up. I know you, kiddo. You never slept and ate much, but y'know how to keep yourself in shape ever since I started trainin' you. So something's up if you've let that go."

(Sounds like heaven.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Mitz shifts away from Jason's foot a bit. He shakes his head. "I told you, nothing's up. Just not that many hours in the day. I eat when I can, so it's not that big a deal. I can handle it," he adds, hoping that Jason won't think he's falling behind on the work they're doing. He doesn't know how he'd feel about Jason lessening his patrol workload, but it'd probably not be pretty.

(Glorious Todd heaven.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 pm

"I know. Just don't want you gettin' sick or anything," Jason says. He wonders when Mitz started flinching away from him, and why he didn't notice. Maybe it was around the time Mitz stopped coming to him when he had nightmares. He changes the subject. "I'm gonna work on my bike for a while this afternoon. You?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Mitz picks at his fish. "Dunno. Probably work on the toaster for a little while, see what I can do with that. Might be able to fix it," he says doubtfully. "Then go for a run or something. Get pumped for tonight. Unless, unless you want a hand with the bike?" Cos it's either hope Jason pays attention to him that way, spy on that Kryptonian girl - which he promised he'd stop doing - or hang out and wait for Catlad to tun up and tease him for twenty minutes. Mitz'd kind of prefer to hang out with Jason.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm

"Wouldn't say no," Jason tells him. "Some things you just can't do with one pair of hands." He can't think of anything at the moment, but he'll be sure to think of something by the time they get to it. He's barely seen Mitz lately. Could be cool to hang out for a while without work hovering over them. "Bring the toaster down, too. May as well."

(I have to say, this feels pre-Mitz and Jason falling into bed together for comfort/distraction/whatever. They're not at that level of relating to each other.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:37 pm

"Will do," Mitz says happily. He would have accepted it if Jason didn't want him around, the bike being Jason's baby and everything, but he's very pleased that he's allowed to hang out. He finishes off his fish and wipes his hands on the jeans he fell asleep in. "Gonna do that now?"

(Does seem like that, huh? I did mean for this to be early and suchlike, but didn't know how early. Nice to have some bearing.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Jason drops the last few chips in his mouth. "If you're up for it. Nothing else to do. Just gonna chuck on my greasy clothes," he grins, and heads into the bedroom. He's got a singlet and jeans he uses to work on the bike, things he doesn't mind getting dirty. He likes his regular clothes not being covered in grease and oil stains.

(Well, you said Jason let Mitz patrol alone at 14, and that's it been two years, so I place Mitz around 16--just around the right age where Jason can start to check Mitz out without feeling like a huge creep.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Mitz sits and waits. He doesn't mind getting covered in oil and stuff - actually, he kind of likes it. Makes him feel normal and comfortable with himself. It's always been like that, ever since Jason taught him how to fix up his own bike, when they rescued it from a junker.

(Oh yeah, so I did, how handy >.>)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Jason comes out pulling his singlet over his head and scrubs his nose, itchy from the smell of grease already. "Let's go." He ruffles Mitz's hair on the way past as he heads for the secret door, the door that leads straight down to the garage--one of the seven exits in the little apartment.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next