[Redboys] Morning after

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Redboys] Morning after

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

For the most part Jason fights silently, or grunting, as he slams through the goons. Knocking heads together, planting his big-booted feet in guts and crotches, slamming his knives through eyes and necks and shooting, when he's got the chance to grab for his gun. He doesn't know how many guys he lays out...

Mostly because he doesn't know how many of them are real. There can't be this many, he hasn't even had a breath, he feels like he's totally surrounded and every time he knocks someone down two more take his place. It's fucking ridiculous and Jason's terrified, especially when he spies crowbars.

Those ones can't be real.

But try telling that to Jason's brain. Mitz's voice registers only dimly in his ears, like someone speaking very far away, beyond the pumping of his blood in his ears. Jason's heart races, pounding in his chest, making him sway with the force of it, and it takes everything he's got to gasp out: "Fear gas, be careful."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 pm

"Shit," Mitz says quietly. That would explain the cops, he thinks. Maybe. He slows down the running a little to cast an eye around for Scarecrow, or any of his men. Most of what Mitz saw at his side of the warehouse was fighting and little else. There must have been a controlled leak or something.

He picks up the pace to Jason; he follows the sound of fighting and where he thinks he heard Jason's gun go off. "Talk to me, boss. What do you see? How many of them are there?"

(It's entirely likely that they'll fuck each other up themselves, you know. ... >:D)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:12 pm

"I don't fucking know," Jason grunts, and uses some guy's body to vault himself out of the thick of it. He needs to put a wall behind himself so they stop fuckings surrounding him. He hates the thought of being surprised like that.

No. He doesn't hate it. He's scared of it.

His hands are shaking. Jason clenches them and drives his fist into black shadowy faces and they go right through. God. He doesn't know which of them are real. Are any of them real? What if he's just hallucinating Mitz talking to him? For fuck's sake this stuff is poison. He needs to get out of here.

Jason starts looking for exits.

(>:D AWESOME)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Mitz runs up to the warehouse and looks in through the roof's window. Jason's in there, all right. And he surrounded by at least a half dozen dead cops, with a few of their wounded crawling off and screaming at things that they see in turn. They must've run straight into Jason while trying to get away.

So much for having GCPD trust them.

"I see you, Hood, but you need to calm the fuck down," Mitz says, hissing a little. He doesn't like seeing Jason like this one bit. "I'm gonna put the rebreather on in the helmet. Should be fine." (It won't.)

He heads for the closest ladder and starts to go down, not really sure what he can do to help. But he's going to try /something/.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Calm down? Fucking calm down? How can Jason calm down when they won't stop coming for him? He gets his back to a wall and smacks down anyone who comes close. He's not moving from this spot--they won't take him, and they won't take him down.

But he's starting to get tired, and he's in pain. He doesn't know where, or how, or what happened, but he's hurt and that's either blood or pee trickling down his leg, he's got no fucking clue. His chest is tight and he's gasping, not breathing, lungs constricting like the fear gas is taking up more space than air.

This is getting bad. He needs to get out of here. But he's stuck to the wall. He can't move.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Mitz comes through the door at the side of the warehouse and makes his way past the wounded cops that are still there - and, fuck, Jason did a number on these guys, there's blood everywhere - and eases towards him. His skin tingles and it's not from adrenaline this time. He shakes his head to clear it. Rebreather's not working - no, it is. Mitz can hear it. What the actual fuck?

"Hood, jesus, look at me will you? Fuck," Mitz swats at his arms so that the crawling feeling will go away, but it makes it worse. "We have to - we have to get out. We have to breathe, uh, not this."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 pm

"Where /are/ you," Jason manages to get out. He trained Mitz to help him out in times like this, not abandon him. And now Mitz is talking about getting out and he's probably already gone, saving himself. Jason doesn't blame him. Surrounded by this many of Scarecrow's henchmen, and where the hell did he recruit these guys, Jason doesn't think he's getting out of this.

Again.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

"What are you, some kind of fucking /coward/," Jason spits at Mitz (is what Mitz hears) and Mitz flinches, /hard/. He feels like he can't breathe, like he's going to suffocate right then and there.

"No, I'm no - I ain't - Hood, c'mon," Mitz can't even really look at Jason when he reaches for him to drag him out of the warehouse and, just when he drops his gaze down to the floor, he catches movement out of the corner of his eye. "I don't, I don't think we're alone in here any m-more."

They are. But fucked if they know that.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:54 pm

A hand reaches for him and Jason breaks it, snapping the wrist like it's a twig. He smashes the goon in the face and drops him to the floor. "Of course we're not fucking alone," he says. But when he punches next, whoever he's fighting, they're just shadow, and then he's swallowing the shadow, and he crunches down, curling over to stop it getting to his mouth. He doesn't want to swallow that shit. It'd clog up his insides like tar.

"Where are you," he says again, and even he can hear the defeat in his voice. Misery. Fuck it all. Mitz is out of here. That's all that matters.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:01 pm

If it were anyone else, anyone else in the world, Mitz would have probably avoided getting his hand broken. But he is never on the defensive around Jason and it catches him off guard. His wrist snaps and it's quick and Mitz screams brokenly for half a second before training kicks in and makes him clam up, hold it in. His head swims when Jason thumps him in the head and he has to lay on the ground for a minute, just breathing, trying not to pass out.

Good thing: the pain snapped him out of whatever he was gonna see or do with that toxin bullcrap. Bad thing: Jason and all his deadliness is aimed at Mitz.

"I'm the fucker you just dropped, Jay," Mitz nearly sobs, and fucked if he doesn't hate himself for it. He cradles his hand to his chest and rolls clear of Jason in case he lashes out again. "Fucking ow. I'm right here. Would you /get a grip/? Please. Please."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:06 pm

It's the little 'please' that clears the haze in Jason's head for a moment. He looks down and sees Mitz crumpled at his feet.

Adrenaline spikes; horror shoots through him. He drops to his knees and draws Mitz in close, even as the shadowy figures around him fade to ghosts and illusions--still there, but he knows, he knows they're not real. For the moment, the panic about them subsides, because one of his worst fears is real. "Jesusfuck what happened, did I do that, /fuck/."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Mitz flinches away from Jason, just a bit. He holds himself still for the most part. "Need to get out of here. I can't drive any more, neither, so you're gonna have to stay together, boss." He doesn't like how scared he is of Jason right now. Stupid fear gas. Cos it's the fear gas, right? That's why he's feeling like this, like Jason's dangerous.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:11 pm

"'S absorbed through skin, I'm pretty fucked right now," Jason manages to say, and he twitches as the shadows start to close in again. No. Focus on Mitz. Mitz is hurt. Jason's gotta get him outta here. There's no one else in the warehouse, no threats. All they have to do is walk to the door.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 pm

"No shit," Mitz mutters and wipes at his busted lip with his good hand. "Gimme a, a second, okay? I'll stand up. Just - your bike's close right? You're gonna take me with you, right?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:17 pm

"Why wouldn't I take you with me," Jason says, and the helplessness is starting to creep up his throat again. He gets to his feet and reaches out to help Mitz, but jerks back when Mitz flinches. Right. He's hurt. Probably doesn't want Jason accidentally hurting him any more. God, did Jason do that? Was he the one who--he broke the--but that was one of the goons--but they weren't real so /fuck/, did he break Mitz's wrist?

Jason starts to walk for the door, determinedly ignoring--except for flinches, he can't push them down, can't push anything down right now--the brush of shadow fingers on his arms and legs, the ghostly grip of a hand around his ankle. He's limping: when did that happen? And Mitz. He needs to keep track of Mitz. Mitz should be in front of him. Jason drops back so he can protect Mitz from behind.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 pm

"'M kinda messed up right now, why wouldn't you leave me behind," Mitz says to answer Jason's question, and stops to watch him drop back to walk behind Mitz. Mitz shudders but, honestly, would he really want anyone else stabbing him in the back? Literally. Mitz's fear settles into a kind of resigned heartache.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:26 pm

"Reckon I'm more--" messed up than you, he starts to say, but then he sees something move at their feet and fires at it--or tries to, but his gun clicks. He's out of bullets. When did that happen? How long has he been out? Jesus fucking christ he hates this stupid fucking stuff, he can't /think/.

Jason shudders and keeps going. When the light from the street outside hits his face, he flinches away from it; it hurts his eyes, strobes oddly in his head.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Mitz yelps and jumps out of the way when Jason shoots, which jostles his arm something awful. He stands for a minute, swaying, and trying to think through the pain and the weird kind of fear he's going through. He tries to think rationally, see if that works against the effects. Like, how come Mitz just feels like everything's hopeless when Jason's all gung-ho and kill-happy? Is Mitz even affected? Maybe things are just hopeless. Maybe he should just give up. He'll only fuck things up anyway, if he doesn't.

Mitz shakes his head, makes his vision swim, and starts walking again. "Gotta get out of here," he repeats, to himself.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Mitz starts walking the wrong way. "No, over here," Jason says, and has to stop himself from reaching out for Mitz's arm again. He keeps forgetting, and then horribly remembering: he broke Mitz's wrist. It wasn't training, it wasn't an accident, he actually thought Mitz was attacking him and broke his wrist. And smacked him in the face, he can see, from the brilliant bruises blooming across his cheek and nose.

Jason finds his bike. It's right where he left it. But instead of getting on it, he just sits down. "I can't fuckin' drive right now. Need this shit to clear out of my system a bit so I can see."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Mitz stands a little away from Jason, what he hopes is a safe distance, and nods frantically. "Yeah, no, that's a good idea, that's fine," he says. "Uh. There's - in the pack on the bike. There's water. If you want. I packed it. Is that okay?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:41 pm

"You should have it." Jason looks up at him. Mitz looks fuckin' terrified--is there something else around? He wants to look, but he's just so tired all of a sudden. He drags himself back up to his knees and peers around, but he can't see anyone else.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Mitz shakes his head. "No, sir. Boss," he corrects himself, wincing. "You hafta drive. D'you - do you want me to get it for you?"

(I'm gonna head to bed very soon. Going to have to go into town in a few hours and I suppose I should sleep if I'm going to be halfway alive.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

"Nah, you sit down. I got it." Jason sees his hands shaking as he reaches out for the pack, realises he's still holding his guns. He holsters them, and grabs the water. What he wants is to sit down next to Mitz and lean against him, so they can draw strength from each other being there. Jason needs to know what's real right now.

But he hurt Mitz. So he sits where he is and drinks half the bottle, then offers it to Mitz.

(Pshhh who even needs to be alive these days. ...sigh. Fair enough. Let's get these boys to bed then you can follow?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 pm

Mitz sits down instantly, running on instinct here. And his instinct is do to absolutely everything that Jason tells him to do no matter how much he wants to run away. Screaming.

He watches Jason carefully while he drinks and, dammit, nearly jumps out of his skin when the water is offered to him. His hands shake themselves when he reaches out for it, but he reckons that's just shock. It'll pass. It better pass. He hopes Jason didn't see. He really doesn't want Jason to think he's a coward. He isn't. He swears he isn't.

(We shall see how long it takes~ I'm gonna go soon enough anyway.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Jason doesn't see Mitz's hands shaking; he's too preoccupied with his own. Which is very selfish and totally Jason. Once Mitz accepts the bottle, Jason pulls off his helmet and digs the heels of his palms into his eyes, blocking out the light and everything his eyes are telling him. His eyes are wrong, way too wrong. He needs to engage his other senses.

His ears tell him that the police horns are blaring, but not as many as before. Some have left. They tell him the water is close by, which is true: the warehouses are near the docks. His nose tells him there's blood on his hands. He knew that. He doesn't know if it's his. He thinks he might be injured but he's too high on adrenaline and shock and gas right now to know. When he comes down, then he'll find out. By then it might be too late, the thought occurs to him, and he starts feeling his head for anything serious, bump or blood-wise.

There's a long graze right over his ear--a bullet track, barely missed splattering his brains out. His hands shake worse as he traces it. At least one finger is broken, probably a couple of knuckles, from the punching--he may've punched a wall at some point. There's an entry-and-exit wound on his calf--explains the limp. Some ribs might be cracked. Other than that he can't tell.

"How many were there?" Jason finally asks. "How many of those bastards did I kill? Did you see?"

(*sad salute*)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Mitz shakes his head, looking away from Jason checking himself over like it's a private act. "Couple of 'em got away, or were getting away, when I got there. There was about six or thereabouts dead that I saw." He finishes the water. "Do - I mean, doesn't GCPD know about fear gas and stuff? Will they blame you? Is it gonna be them against us again?"

(Sad)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:09 pm

"Huh?" Jason had mostly forgotten about the cops in the other warehouse. "Oh, sure, they know, but it's been a few years since they've had an experience. Only six? I swear I got more than that. They were coming at me in waves." He leans his head back against the bike and closes his eyes, trying to remember, but all he has is a great blur of fighting. He can't even think what he did. "Fuckin' Scarecrow. Where the hell did he get that many goons?"

(Crying or Very sad)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:18 pm

"I - I only saw a few of them in my warehouse," Mitz says quietly. "I dunno how many he had in the one you were in. I didn't see any downed, though, I'm sorry. They must have gotten away. Sorry." Mitz frowns at himself. This was supposed to be where he showed Jason how good he's gotten. And he let a bunch of assholes get away. Fucking typical, Mitz.

(sobbing.gif)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

"But then--the six were--" and the answer occurs to him immediately. "/Cops/. Fuck! Fucking shit /fuck/! I killed cops?" Jason's on his feet in a flash, shoving his helmet back on his head. "We gotta get out of here. A bunch must have got away, they'd've called for backup and ambulances by now, we gotta /go/." Jason climbs on the bike and holds his hand out for Mitz.

(sobbing over redboys?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:23 pm

That's what I've been /saying/, Mitz thinks, and it may take him a second to actually put his good hand up to take Jason's. He keeps getting the urge to pull away, or at least look away so he doesn't see the bone snap - which keeps replaying in his head. Stupid stuff. He climbs on behind Jason.

(Them, bed, everything. Oh, hey. Fear gas sounds awfully like something Helen would accidentally produce or work on, doncha think?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Jason waits 'til Mitz is settled then kicks the bike into gear and takes off, roaring outta there fast as he can. "Hold on tight, I don't want you getting hurt anymore," he tells Mitz. He already doesn't know how he's gonna set Mitz's wrist without some serious uppers to straighten out his brain. If only he were on speaking terms with Bruce, he could get them some fucking antiserum. Shit. Gotta be more prepared for this. What if Poison Ivy shows up next?

He's just going to have to drink a lot of water and coffee. Then he'll set Mitz's wrist, bandage up his leg and finish fixing everything up in the morning once they've slept off this shit. Right. Plan. Jason heads back to their apartment, parking his bike in the regular carpark for once. He'll move it in the morning, but right now he can't climb stairs. He needs the building's elevator.

(I do, I do think, in fact, especially if she transferred to Arkham at all, which is where the good Dr. Crane works.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Mitz settles pretty automatically beside Jason and slings his arm around his neck, putting his good arm around Jason's waist to help him walk. If Jason's anything like Mitz - and chances are that he's not, actually - then the adrenaline is wearing off and he can feel most of the pain he's really in. He needs help.

For him part, Mitz is planning on digging out the first aid box he's got stashed in his room and sorting himself out before sleeping. He takes it as read. If he were Jason, would he want to be looking at Mitz's snivelling face while he went about trying to help him? Probably not. Best if he doesn't even have to deal with that. If it weren't his right hand that got broken Mitz would offer to help Jay... but as it stands he'd probably do more harm than good.

(By jove, you're right! What a coinkydink. Also, I'm gonna break this horse and be off upstairs. I may stay awake a little longer fter that, but it's like - real person morning now. So. Uh. Sigh. Well done Sin.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Jason pulls off his helmet once they're inside the elevator, and gently takes off Mitz's mask. If anyone else gets in the elevator they'd probably freak to see Red Hood and Red X in their building, but with the headpieces off, they're just two guys in black costumes.

When they're back in the apartment, Jason locks the door behind them and slips his arm from around Mitz. "I gotta wash off the blood. Then I'll help you with your wrist, yeah?" He's got splints and bandages in his kit, left over from breaking his own bones. He needs to replace it all with new stuff soon, but all the money's gone towards food and electricity and water lately. "Where'll you be? Your room? Mine?"

Jason wants to offer his room again for Mitz to sleep in. He wants to keep an eye on him.

(Break this horse? Also ugh, real person morning. That is the worst. Though napping happens easier, I suppose.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

About when Jason takes off Mitz's mask, Mitz realises that his own helmet must have been knocked off when Jason hit him. Fucking fantastic. That's just more shit they don't need. He'll tell Jason tomorrow, though. Better that way. He's got enough to worry about now.

"You'll - okay, yeah, thanks. Thank you," Mitz holds his hand again and gingerly tests out where exactly the breaks are. He hisses when he finds them. "Where do you want me to be?"

(In the game. I was breaking a horse in and then I got to keep 'im. Nice. Then it roped me into a damned mission, so I guess I will finish /that/ then go to bed. Though it seems kind of pointless now. Sigh.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:49 pm

"Mine," Jason says after a moment. "Unless y'don't trust me anymore." He carefully doesn't look at Mitz, heading into the bathroom. "'S up to you. You can just take my kit and do it yourself if you want."

If Mitz does that, Jason'll probably devote every waking moment to finding a way to get Mitz to trust him again. He won't just let him go, like some other people Jason could name.

(Ah. I thought it was some new slang, snicker. Also, everything seems pointless when you're very tired. Also pointy, 'cause you bump into everything. Ba dum ch.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Mitz shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot. "I don't feel like I trust you," he says slowly. "I - but I know I do, so. I'm gonna go wash my face and stuff and then I'll go to yours to get bandaged up. Okay?"

(Narggh pointy. Okay, heading upstairs now. I'll be but a moment. Then maybe one more reply. Then sleep for like two hours, maybe.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Jason stops at the door to the bathroom and looks back at Mitz. He looks horribly guilty. "I'm really fucking sorry, kiddo. I woulda rather shot myself than hurt you." He disappears into the bathroom, then, finding one of the old, ratty towels he can use to mop up the blood on his leg and scalp. His hand is starting to hurt; he definitely punched a wall at some point.

(That sounds like a Plan.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Mitz curses quietly, really hating that look on Jason's face. Hating the Scarecrow for putting it there. He made Jason do that and made Mitz feel like this and he /hates/ Scarecrow so much. If he ever gets the chance, he thinks as he makes his way to the kitchen sink, he's going to put a bullet right in his head.

Once his face is clean and freshly stingy, he goes to his room to put on normal clothes to sleep in. Getting out of his armour hurts and is difficult, but he manages okay. It might take him a minute or two too long, though. He sits on the edge of his bed in his boxers, just breathing through the pain, before moving to get dressed.

(Rassafrassin' sleep. I think I might have to stay up. Or doze very lightly at the very least. If I sleep I'm fucked.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 pm

It'll take Jason a while to get out of his own outfit, no doubt, and he can't stand to wear long pants--it'll irritate his wound. So he just pulls on shorts and a singlet and sits on his own bed to wrap up his calf. He doesn't have the strength to explore it at the moment, make sure there's no fragments. It's the most he could do to clean and wrap it, and to hack off the hair that keeps falling into the graze above his ear.

He'll probably be inspecting his bruised and broken hand when Mitz comes in. At least it's his left hand. He broke Mitz's right. And he has to set it properly, he realises, 'cause Mitz uses his hands a fucking /lot/ and Jason could screw him up for life if he does this wrong. He throws back a couple of pain-killers from his kit, left over from... something... and sets aside some for Mitz.

(Maybe put some noise on and curl up somewhere. That sounds nice.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Mitz comes to Jason's door and knocks quietly. He's nervous. He hasn't been nervous around Jason for /years/. That, if nothing else, proves that his mind isn't okay right now. He sighs heavily and pushes the door open. Once he's inside, though, he doesn't really know what he should do so he just stands there for a moment.

"Do you need help?" he finally says, softly. He clears his throat and tries again. "I bet you don't. But I could help."

(Mm, that'd be nice. But Frank is a sleeping thing. I cannot.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm

"Nah, I got it." Jason gestures to his calf. "You can help tomorrow, when I have to change the dressing, though. That won't be fun. C'mere. Let's have a look at your wrist. How's your face?" He can't shake the guilt--won't shake it, probably, not for a long while, until Mitz forgives him and quits with the jumpiness. Like Jason's gonna break his other wrist.

(Sigh. Sad sigh. I am going to go and steal some food from a picnic now so I will probably miss you. GOODNIGHT if you are gone by the time I get back, SLEEP WELL or nap well or doze well ♥!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:36 pm

"Just a little sore," Mitz says, and tongues at his bust lip. "Nothing I can't, y'know, handle. Uh." He goes over and sits on the floor next to Jason. He puts his hand over Jason's knees. His wrist is swollen and an ugly kind of red and purple. "Tried to keep it elevated, but it got knocked around a little I think and it's hard to hold it up. Weight of the hand keeps pushing down on the bones on the wrist." He looks up to Jason and sees that look on his face again. "Don't. I mean. It wasn't your fault. It was that fucking dickhead Scarecrow's. And I shoulda known better than to just try to drag you off. I wasn't thinking."

(okaaaaaaaay I will probably be awake. Probably. I MIGHT SEE YOU LATER have good picnics~ ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Jason holds Mitz's wrist gently, checking where the breaks are. He's concentrating fiercely, so he doesn't fuck up. Mitz needs him to not fuck up. "All I saw was this hand reaching for me out of the shadows. It was just instinct. Gotta find something so it doesn't happen again." But Jason doesn't know what that could be, apart from antiserum.

Maybe he'll have to swallow his pride and talk to Bruce. Jason puts that thought aside for the moment and fits the splint to Mitz's hand and forearm. "There's painkillers," he remembers to say, seeing Mitz struggling to keep his expression neutral.

(We are stealing food from the picnic then going to "senior tutors" dinner, which is apparently a meeting over a meal. Hm. Could be good food though. I will continue trying to email when I can of course.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Mitz shakes his head and grits his teeth. "I'll take 'em when I need to sleep," he says. "We're going to go after Scarecrow, right? Make him pay for this shit?"

(Mmm free food.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 pm

"Fucking yes," Jason growls. "March all the way up to Arkham if we gotta. He's got to pay for this. No one fucks with our heads and gets away clean." He tapes the splint in place and starts binding his wrist up. "You gonna sleep here?" he asks softly.

(I /hope/ it's free.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down