[Redboys] Morning after

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Redboys] Morning after

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:53 pm

"One way or another, yeah, I guess," Mitz replies in the same tone. "Gonna have nightmares tonight, anyway. Uh." He pulls out his squashed and kind of old pack of cigarettes and gives one to Jason. Peace offering.

(Go and demand freeness!)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Jason sticks one in his mouth as he tests the wrapping around Mitz's wrist. Only once he's satisfied does he light up. "Yeah, I reckon nightmares are something that just happen after fear gas. I've been through it before. It's better if someone's there." He'd crawled in with Bruce after his first experience.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 pm

"'Kay," Mitz says, and settles against the bedframe. He feels like he might throw up if he smokes himself, but he likes the smell of it while Jason indulges. With the adrenaline wearing off and exhaustion setting in, he feels like he could fall asleep where he is. And, despite the fear of being kicked away harshly that's still embedded in his chest, Mitz leans against Jason's leg.

(Right, I'm going to get up and get dressed now. SEE YOU LATER THE NOC ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Jason rests a hand on Mitz's head, stroking a little as he putfs on his cigarette. He likes having someone close. "I had such a fuckin' good feeling about tonight. Ridiulous. Shoulda known everything'd go all to hell."

(GOODNIGHT or good day I suppose~ ♥)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:50 pm

Mitz closes his eyes. Feels nice, actually. And it calms his heart down really well, that stroking. Being touched and it not being hostile. It's nice. "You couldn'ta known," he says, distant.

(Hellooooooo are you still there I do not think you are still there~)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 am

"Every time I have a good feeling, shit goes wrong," Jason says. He sucks on his cigarette, the nicotine settling him something shocking. Maybe he was craving, on top of every thing else, but he's totally unaware of his body at this time. He shifts further down; Mitz is warm.

(I AM STILL HERE HELLO)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 am

"Let's hope for more bad feelings, then," Mitz says, half cheerfully. He leans more into Jason. He really will sleep where he's sitting. There's something familiar but still new about the whole thing. Like he's done it before. But he knows that they haven't sat like this before. They've barely gotten this close before, not since Mitz learned that Jason wasn't all that hot on touching.

(I PASSED RIGHT OUT I am sorry. And now I am going to pass out again because I'm not entirely sure how together my computer is right now >.> *four system restores later* Anyway. GOODNIGHT SEE YOU LATER PROBABLY ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Jason's never been a fan of touching. It's often unnecessary and it's never been a part of his relationships with anyone, except in relation to sex. But this is different. He sometimes crawled in with Bruce when a mission had been too much. As Hood, he'd often sought out company for the full night if he'd been--fine, okay, traumatised by something. If he needs to be reassured that he's alive, that's when he permits touching.

Especially like this--a lazy slump against each other, his hand in Mitz's hair, smoke in the air. This is what he looks for when he goes out searching for someone to touch him. Comfort. Ease. Peace. Once he stubbs out his cigarette in the ashtray on the bedside, Jason sighs. "You nearly asleep?"

He isn't sure if he's going to be able to sleep.

(Three hours seems so much longer than the five I've already sat through. Hoping this post makes it to the forums... Sleep well! ♥!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:00 pm

"Nope," Mitz yawns. "Just real comfy. Kinda - I mean, not /scared/ but I just don't wanna sleep right now. If that's okay? I can fuck off if you wanna sleep." Mitz frowns at the grain on the floor, tensing up again. Because, holy fucking crap, he really doesn't want Jason to think any less of him right now. Makes his stomach twist like he might throw up just thinking about it.

(IT GOT HERE and then sleep was a bastard to me so. Woo. HI THERE)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 pm

"Not feelin' sleep-like," Jason admits. "Probably just gonna stay awake until I drop. Stay. I mean, y'can go if you want. But you can stay, too." It's nice to have Mitz somewhere Jason can keep his eye on him, too, make sure he's safe. Half his nightmares are about Mitz being in danger or dead.

(HELLO whatcha dooooooin)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Mitz relaxes back against Jason's leg and exhales, relieved. "I wanna stay. My room's all dark corners and too cold and fucking rife with shit that'll look bad after a fear gas nightmare. Kick me out when you wanna, but I'm gonna stay till that happens."

(Iiiiiiiiiii am playing Glitch and trying not to get punched in the eye by a sleeping Frank x_0 HOW ARE YOU THE NOC)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:26 pm

"Not gonna kick you out, kiddo," Jason rumbles. "I'd prefer to have tou than anyone else in this room." Which is true. Whenever he does hook up, Jason never ever brings them back here. This is his place. His and Mitz's. And this bedroom is his alone. Mitz is the only one allowed inside.

(GLITCH awesome, I will be able to play Glitch again when I get home. I am okay! Stress levels running fairly high, but they usually are when I travel. Don't know what possessed me to think I'd be able to finish off my essay on this trip. I'm reading instead.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:30 pm

"Thanks for saying, boss," Mitz says, though he doesn't believe a word. Mitz has seen some of the women that Jason hooks up with. His standards are high. Why would he ever want - no, scratch that, why the /fuck/ is Mitz even thinking like that. It's not sexual, Mitz is just a victim of teenage hormones, everything's normal, they're just bros hanging out after being pumped full of psychological and chemical weapons. Normal. Shut up, Mitz's brain.

(Heh. Do you not travel well? Poor The Noc.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

"Not just sayin'," Jason tells him. He doesn't lie, not to Mitz. Especially not after something like what they've just gone through, when truth and reality are so important.

(I travel mostly okay, but if just one thing goes wrong my stress levels skyrocket, thanks to my overthinking, paranoia and highly active imagination. Dangerous mix.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Mitz pulls his knees up to his chest and holds on with his good arm. "Quit it," he says, without as much humour in his voice as he would usually put in. "You'll make me blush, Jay. Won't know what to do with myself."

(Ah, yeah. Sounds familiar. Same reason I can't fly, really. Reasonable thinking doesn't come into it. But! Soon there will be Glitchings and puppies and birthdays.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Jason splays his hand on Mitz's leg, pressing it back down. "Relax. Could fry an egg on your cheeks," he teases. "All you gotta say is, 'gee, thanks Jay, you're a super awesome person too'."

(Two more hours on this train, then another train, then three hours in the car. Sob.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:07 pm

"Is that it?" Mitz grins a little sceptically up at Jason. "You make it sound easy. Okay, then; gosh, Jay, you're swell."

(Jegus gog, that is mentalness.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

"Why shucks, Mitzy, golly gee whiz, thanks." Jason grins lazily.

(The things I do to get home.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Mitz's smile relaxes into a real one. "You are, though. Don't get all - I mean, I'm not being soft at you or anything. But you are pretty fucking brilliant. Saved my life more than I can count. Hell, I owe my life to you. You look after me. Make sure I can look after myself. More'n what anyone else has done for me. That's swell in my book, boss."

(Such dedication.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Jason's grin slides into an honest smile. "Reckon you woulda figured out how to survive on your own, but I gotta say, it's been awesome, havin' you around. You learn well, y'keep me company, and you're real--alive." He figures if Mitz can say it all, he can too, lying here mostly in the dark. If he can't say it now then he never can. "I did good when I brought you here."

(Australia is too damn big.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:55 pm

"So long as I didn't ruin your life," Mitz laughs a bit, looking away again. "That would kind of suck."

(But so pretty in its hugeness.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:59 pm

"Trust me, kiddo, if I didn't want you here, you would not be here," Jason tells him. "It just so happens I do want you. Here. Right by my side. Partners, yeah? You ain't just my sidekick, not running solo like you've been doin'."

(After reading the Hunger Games all I can think is dividing it into districts as we pass those huge mills and electricity plants and big farms. I would've grown up in District 12; tons of coal mining around my hometown.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:11 pm

"So," Mitz sits up and puts both his arms over Jason's knees, looking up at him and completely in conversation mode now. "Just so that I know? Uh. Am I not your sidekick any more? I mean, I know a bunch of kids hate the word. And they don't like being seen as sidekicks or whatever. I'm cool with it. If you are. I'm Red X, for fuck's sake. My life is pretty sweet as a sidekick."

(Okay! Heh. I guess I kind of like the District-ing of places. If only because it's blatantly bleak.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

"If sidekick's what you want then that's what you can be," Jason tells him. "But you're good enough to work on equal terms with me now. So there's that, too. Up to you, kiddo." He's well aware he's giving Mitz permission to basically become a Nightwing right now, but he's hoping if they do it amicably then Mitz won't take off for Bludhaven when he forcibly grows out of his X mask.

(And yet, it's not so different from dividing places into states or counties, except that each one produces just one resource, and they don't all get the benefits from the other Districts' work.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 pm

"Well," Mitz says slowly, thoughtfully. "I don't think I'm that good yet. I'm pretty good, but not that good. Not by a long shot. I'm no Catlad, y'know? Or Robin, the little fuck. And they're still - sidekick. Even though they shouldn't be, really. I think I'll be sidekick material for a while. I'm cool with that."

(I think it's less about the division, since states and counties and the rest exist, and it's more about assigning a number to a place. Once you take away a place's name and assign numbers, it seems entirely bleak and hopeless.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:46 pm

"You might not be them, but I'm not Catwoman or Batman." Jason flicks his fingers through Mitzms hair, surprised by how easy it is to still be touching him. "You're on a totally different scale to Catlad and Robin. I wouldn't ask you to rob a safe or distract the bad guys while I lock 'em up without them realising. Patrolling, guns, knives, investigating, knowing when to fight and when to run--if tonight was an exam, you passed, kiddo. Flying colours. I think we're a fuckin' awesome team, though."

(Agh, this is true. The same idea behind numbering prisoners--or Jews.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:52 pm

"I think we're a good fit," Mitz nods a bit - not too much. He doesn't want to shake Jason's hand away. Jason can have whoever he likes touching him. This is a particularly rare treat for Mitz. "I'd hate it if you were anything like Catwoman or Batbrain."

(It's considerably dodgy territory, indeed.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:03 pm

Jason snorts and laughs. "No chance of that, Mitzy. I've seen the way Batman--Batbrain, I like that--treats Robin," right up close and personal, "and it don't work. What we've got works." He's made sure of it. He doesn't want Mitz abandoning him.

Jason is perfectly aware he's got issues.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:13 pm

"Yeah," Mitz sighs, finally completely relieved and with a heart that's not trying to climb out of his throat. "Yeah, you're right. We got this down." It's entirely possible that Mitz just needed to be reassured that he's good enough to be around Jason. That Jason won't want him gone or prefer someone else. He may have been having attention seeking issues before this job. Being allowed to do his own thing is cool and everything but it felt like Jason was trying to get rid of him. Might not have been the case, but it felt like that.

Mitz is well aware of his own issues, like Jason, but completely oblivious to Jason's.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Jason grins down at Mitz. "So because I'm such a great partner, I'm gonna take you to the doctor tomorrow to get this looked at." He touches Mitz's bandaged wrist lightly. "Dunno if I set it right, and hands are important," he says, to forestall any of Mitz's protests.

Don't worry. Jason's fully aware of any and all issues between the two of them. He just doesnmt care all that much. They function. And they function better when working together. Done.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Mitz jerks a bit when Jason touches his wrist. "Motherfuck," he hisses. "That's tender, sorry. Uh. But. Money?"

Jason, you are the actual best. How Mitz ends up with the most functioning best big brothers ever, I don't know. (How's meta!Jerel handling this?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:28 pm

"Emergency fund," is all Jason will say. He keeps a stash just in case they get too close to starvation, they get seriously hurt--or Jason does, since if Mitz did Jason would seallow his pride and ask for Bruce's help to get Mitz the best possible care--or Gotham descends into chaos.

Meta!Jerel misses Mitz something fierce. He's practically anguished at someone taking better care of Mitz than he could.

(Switching trains! Be back soon.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:44 pm

Mitz grumbles, but knows the tone Jason is using well enough. He could push and wonder if Jason's telling him the truth or not. Or he could just leave it because there's no way Jason's going to walk away from this without getting his way. Mitz had to find all that out pretty early on, when Jason took him in. But he still grumbles.

Aw, Jerel. Well. You did all right in hunterverse. Just kinda fucked up here. And in some other cases. :/

(*Salute*)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 pm

"How's your face?" Jason asks again. He knows how the wrist is just from that brief touch; he suspects Mitz was lying about his face. "I pack a pretty mean punch." He raises a hand so he can tip Mitz's face towards the light, see the colours lighting his skin.

:/ He knows. But it still hurts.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:03 pm

"'M fine," Mitz sighs, but doesn't jerk away from Jason's hand. "I can take a pretty mean punch." He watches Jason's face and finds himself babbling. "I have a split lip and I think a few bruised bones in my face. You didn't get my nose or it'd be broken. I haven't checked my teeth though." He tongues around his mouth. "Ngh. One of them's chipped. Thanks. It'll make me look rugged, right? Heh. So, yeah, 'm fine."

At least he gets to have Mitz be maddeningly happy to see him when he turns up again.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 pm

"We can get you a crown when your mouth stops growing. You got wisdom teeth yet?" Jason can't remember when his came in, just that it was painful and he didn't eat for two weeks. ...he doesn't let go of Mitz's chin. He just doesn't want to.

This /always/ makes him feel good.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:34 pm

"Nuh-uh," Mitz says, staring at Jason. He might be feeling a little bad, actually, because he keeps thinking about how it might feel to kiss Jason and /Really/, self? He thinks. You're that desperate that you're thinking like some bad Penthouse-letter secretary pushing herself on her boss? Don't embarrass yourself. Reached the fucking quota for the night.

Aw, that's good. Jerelybaby, aw. *throws an adoring littleMitzbrother at him*
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:41 pm

"We'll get you a whole bunch of baby food for when it happens," Jason murmurs, but he's paying more attention to the way Mitz's eyes are on his mouth. He licks his lips and watches how Mitz's pupils dilate. /Oh/, he thinks distantly.

Jerel spins Mitz around happily!
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 pm

"Fucking yay," Mitz says quietly, mustering up some semblance of sarcasm. He really needs Jason to let go of him. If he doesn't let go then Mitz is gonna do something stupid and they just said, they just had a big talk about how they work. Mitz /can't/ fuck this up. ...but he can't really pull away either.

Ugh god I cannot handle the cute of a early teenaged Jerel and a baby Mitz, giggling while being swung.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Now Jason's staring at Mitz's mouth and he aches, he aches to kiss Mitz. He knows it'll help them, he knows sex and kissing has helped him before, helped him reconnect with the world, with life. But he also knows he'll fuck it up if it's serious and fuck it up if he just brushes it off in the morning. Needs to be a middle-ground. And he can't back away now. He'll always wonder if he does.

They must be in a beautiful green backyard or meadow, I think. Awww my heart.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Mitz probably looks a bit pleading now, actually. He'll be able to handle the rejection, probably, maybe, he thinks. It just has to happen. "/Do/ something," he whispers, nearly begs, absolutely terrified. Throw him out or laugh at him or kiss him or hug him or keep talking about babyfood, just /something/.

I'm seeing backyard, all by themselves. No-one even watching them to see them so happy.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Jason surges forward and kisses him, presses their mouths together as he tightens his fingers on Mitz's chin. Mitz can't pull away right now, he can't, Jason won't let him.

That is beautiful. Honestly, boys.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Truth be told, this isn't exactly how Mitz imagined his first kiss going. Mostly because whenever Mitz began to think about his possible first kiss, he'd get angry at himself for trying to imagine something so implausible and then he got back to work. He doesn't know what to do, where to put his hand, what should happen, so he does what he always does; he follows Jason's lead without any fuss and hopes to fuck that it's something Jay wants him to do.

So perfect, perfect babies.

So. I'm reading what I /think/ might be a fixit fic for Jason. Anyway. DickJay, set after Lost Days (when Jason came back from the dead) and I am just sitting here fucking /weeping/. Ugh. So many feelings. I blame Alfred.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 pm

When Mitz doesn't pull away, Jason deepens the kiss, curling his hand under Mitz's chin and shifting in closer. He kisses Mitz's lower lip, sucks at it a little, then licks his way into Mitz's mouth. When Jason goes for something, he /goes/, and he doesn't like to wonder.

Aw, the loves. Are they being damaged and sweet at you?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Mitz has got to take Jason deepening the kiss as a good sign, that Mitz has done the right thing here, but he's kind of lost now. He can't really kiss back, like he had been doing, like Jason now. Jay was, well, too in control. His mouth too used to the shapes made, and too strong. But what if this is how Mitz finds out that he can't kiss? After fucking up with Jason. He wouldn't be able to handle that.

Mitz moves his mouth a little, accidentally nipping at Jason's lip.

Augh, I just can hold all these manpain feels.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down