[Western] Snippet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Western] Snippet

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:11 pm

(So this is what happened last night and it definitely isn't done or anything. I say feel free to play and stuff? The idea being that Mouse is Mayor Oakes' daughter, Snooze is a bandit's kid trying to get away from his past and fly straight. I was thinking that maybe once Mitz is done in town, Mouse'll talk him into going on a ride with her and they'll find Snooze. I don't know about his state or not, but Mitz'll decide they have to help him. Mouse'll be against that, likely, because Snooze is obviously bad news and Mitz is just too nice to see that. Also, the Doctor's probably the sheriff of the town, Wildcat and Ep are likely the local school mistresses [or Wildcat is Mouse's old governess] aaaaaaaand that's about all I got so far.)

“I reckon you should just take the stallion,” Jerel said to Mitz from the door of the barn. He leaned against it, watching Mitz put the saddle and bridle on his favorite horse, Lirth.

“I reckon you know better’n that,” Mitz says, glancing at him sideways. “I take that stallion and everyone in town’ll be looking at me and expecting some kinda explanation as to why a little Jewish boy thinks he has the right to ride somethin’ so fine.” Which was the truth, but not really why Mitz didn’t want to take the stallion into town.

“Screw the rest of ‘em,” Jerel waved his hand easily, like there’s nothing to worry about when it comes to townsfolk and their feelings towards what the Stillhavens are and what they believed. “This is about the girl, isn’t it? So take the stallion. She’ll be on your arm before you can blink.”

“Shut your trap,” Mitz said, blushing, and checked the give on the saddle before hoisting himself up and riding past Jerel. “Got nothing to do with Mouse.”

“Mouse, right. Forgot about that nickname,” Jerel smiled after him, teasing. Mitz scowled back at him while his horse stomped around. “Be back to bring in the herd. Don’t forget to pick up what we need, too.”

“Will do,” Mitz replied, and kicked Lirth into a canter. He took off for the nearest town, where Mouse was, where the stores were and where he could get away from his family and the ranch for just a little bit.

Even if it did mean sometimes dealing with - undesirables.

Not that the people Mitz didn’t want to be around counted as undesirables, really. They were either upstanding folk of the town, or they were people Mitz wasn’t too fond of. But, like he said to Jerel before he left, not a lot of people like seeing a Jewish family trying to make an honest living - mostly ‘cos they didn’t believe there was anything honorable in what they did. Even if it looked honest enough, there had to be something behind it all that people didn’t know about.

Mitz hated newspapers sometimes, he really did. It was all those articles written by folk out East that made people wary and mean. Made it difficult for Mitz’s family to buy stuff like medicine and supplies they need to keep on living. But the mayor was nice enough to remember how accommodating Mitz’s family was before he stepped up to run the town. He was always the first to tell people to let them shop or, sometimes, just to let them walk like normal people. He let Mitz speak to his daughter too, even though she was of courting age now and had a few suitors. Mitz wasn’t one of them, of course, but it didn’t do to have him hanging around like a bad smell while Mouse was trying to make a life for herself.

He was looking forward to seeing Mouse. He hadn’t spoken to her in a month or two. He was eager to know how she was doing and what her life was like now, since he talked to her last. He wouldn’t see her for long, ‘course, but it was good enough for him. And he had to get in as much friendship as possible before she gets married and won’t want to see him at all anymore.

sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [Western] Snippet

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:07 am

( THIS IS AWESOME YOU HAVE THE VOICES DOWN PERFECTLY OMG)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 am

(I AM GLAD YOU LIKED IT)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 am

(Are they going to be actual practicing Jews in this verse?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 am

(Kind of lazy in their faith. Helen wouldn't so much. Jacob probably encourages the boys to take some pride in their blood. When he's there.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 am

(Allllllllllllll the awesomeness)
nocturnalie