[Robot] Signing over

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Robot] Signing over

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:56 pm

It's been a little while since Mitz has visited. Mouse and Snooze both miss him, though they know he's going through a lot right now. Mouse has decided not to push. She has no idea what Snooze has decided. It's different with Snooze, anyway, since he's also a robot. He doesn't have to worry about Mitz following his orders against his will.

Mouse comes home from work one evening to find Snooze gone and a note on the fridge; he's gone grocery shopping. Mouse is happy enough about that, since it usually means Snooze has found some fantastic new kind of food to cook. But it means she has to entertain herself for a little while. She settles down at the computer to poke at the Internet.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Re: [Robot] Signing over

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Mitz spent the last few days obsessing over his what-could-possibly-be-lonliness-or-something-a-little-more-robotic, getting that ownership deed and then staring at said deed. He's done a few thing around the store, but mostly he's shut the place up unless an emergency comes in. He feels like he can't handle letting anyone down right now. He thinks he might be feeling fragile, but he's not sure.

After half a night spent yelling at himself, he walks out to Mouse's. It takes the rest of the night and some of the morning to walk out there, but Mitz has been doing little other than charge for a few days. He'll be fine. (He probably won't.)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:11 pm

When Mouse hears the knock on the door, she's a little surprised. Snooze, after all, has his own key. When she answers it, well, she did not expect to find a disheveled, worn-out-looking Mitz on her front step. "Come in! Come in right now." She grabs his shoulder and pulls him inside. "Holy crap. Do you need a charge?"
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 pm

"Hm? Oh. Yeah, probably. I'm okay for a while," Mitz says, allowing himself to be pulled in. He looks around Mouse's house like he's seeing it for the first time. Would he even fit in here, with them? "Hey, uh. ...I don't know how to start this. I should have written a script."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:24 pm

"Start what? Did you walk here? Come sit down." Mouse is fretting and she knows it, but she hasn't seen Mitz in days and he shows up looking like he's walked all day. "And then tell me what's going on."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:31 pm

"I walked here," Mitz confirms. Then sighs. "I don't know what's going on. I don't even know if this is a good idea. But I can't be my own person, can I? I'm just going to end up crashing again for good and one day, one day you won't be there to save me. If I'm left alone, if I keep fighting what I am like this."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Mouse puts her arm around Mitz's shoulder and physically guides him to sit on the couch. She sits down next to him, without moving away. "You can't be your own person? I don't... what are you saying, Mitz?"
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:43 pm

"Only, I'm hard work," he goes on quietly. "I'm really hard work for a root and I made myself that way, y'know? I had to be to be human. But I clean up after myself! And I'll still have the shop and stuff. So I wouldn't be that hard to deal with and I could leave, I could leave whenever you wanted me to."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:46 pm

"Mitz, I do not want you to leave." Mouse still doesn't understand. Mitz is talking nonsense. Well, she's sure it makes sense, but she doesn't know in what circumstances. He can't be saying what it sounds like he's saying. Hasn't he always wanted to be a person? His own man? Not owned, like regular robots?
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 pm

Mitz nods, and keeps on nodding for a while, slightly panicked. "And, and, you can say no. Please feel free to say no. Please. I don't ever want you to do something you don't want to do. But I don't wanna be alone any more and I don't want to be a failure and I want to make you happy and this is all I can offer," he takes the mostly crumpled deed out of his pocket and pushes it into Mouse's hands. "It's all I have, really."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Mouse takes it, smooths it out, and reads it. She knows what it is as soon as she sees it, but she still has to read through all of it, look at the terms and conditions and the little slightly offset bit where Mitz put in his serial number. Not even his name, his serial number. M1TZ-ST177H4V3N. Her hands shake a little as she looks at the blank signature line; her name is already typed in underneath it. 'All I can offer'. Himself. Jesus Christ.

"Are you sure about this?" She's very proud of herself that her voice only shakes a little and doesn't crack at all.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Mitz laughs slightly and smiles. "Hah. Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure about this. I mean, if you want. I don't want to - you know all this. I'll shut up. And I can modify myself, if you want. I can, I can be less human. I'll do that. I just, I want to stop feeling like this. And when I'm around you, and when I'm around Snooze, I stop feeling bad about being what slash who I am."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Mouse shakes her head; not to deny him, but in disbelief. "But... you're independent, now. You want to end that? To be... to be mine?" This is the last thing she expected. But she can't deny that saying that, thinking that Mitz will be /hers/, makes her feel warm and needed in ways she never has before.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Mitz shrugs. "I'm independent, sure. But I don't think I'm happy. And if this is happiness then I can't imagine what unhappiness is like," he shivers. "And, if you say yes and let me keep the shop, then I'll have some amount of independence and you'll have some more money coming in? And I could either be another robot you own or, or, to people seeing me around, I could be a friend staying for a while or a cousin or, or something. It's up to you. ...will you sign?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Mouse stares at the paper. "I'd let you do whatever you wanted to do. I know you like working the shop..." she trails off. Snooze will like having him around more. /Mouse/ will like having him around more. Oh god. Mitz is going to be hers. "...Yes. I'll sign."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Mitz inhales very deeply, relieved. "Wow. Thank you, Mouse. Thank you. I promise it won't be a bad idea. I promise," he says, gushing a bit. His eyes flutter. "And, and I think now I need to charge, ha ha."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Mouse hands him back the deed, and goes to find a charger and a pen. "I'll be right back."

(and now I really must sleep goodniiiiight <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Mitz nods and takes the deed back. He looks over the words of the thing while he waits, mildly boggled at how simple something could look. He, for all intents and purposes, holds his own life on this piece of paper. It's not even the usual see-through paper other deeds are written on. Assembly droids don't get that stuff; there are too many of them made. It wouldn't be cost effective. It's all bizarre.

(SLEEP GOOD THE FREO ♥♥♥)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:47 am

When Mouse comes back, she has the charger in one hand, and a slim leather folder in the other. She hands the charger to Mitz, trading it for the deed. Then she sits down next to him and opens the folder.

It contains Snooze's deed, in much better condition than Mitz's is, with her signature in fountain pen at the bottom of it. Right now all she's got is a ballpoint, but she figures it'll do the same job. Mouse smooths Mitz's deed out on top of Snooze's, and clicks the pen open. "You're still sure about this?"
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 am

Mitz scoots over to the part of the couch nearest to an outlet and plugs in. He may or may not blush slightly when he plugs in; he hasn't done that in front of someone for a very, very long time. "I, uh. Yeah. I'm sure. If you are. Are you sure? You have to be sure, Mouse. I - you - you just have to be," he says. He doesn't want to know what happens to high-quality robots when they're discarded, but he knows what happens to the lower grade ones. And he doesn't want to be scrapped. He doesn't want Mouse to scrap him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 am

Mouse lets out a long, steadying breath. "I'm sure, Mitz. Promise." Then she signs the paper.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 am

Mitz watches her and... maybesortasneakily records the moment. He just wants to keep it forever.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 am

Mouse slides the paper neatly into the folder, alongside Snooze's, and sets it on the end table. Oh god. What's Snooze going to think? Should she have asked him? She doesn't think 'bot owners usually ask, but... she likes to think she and Snooze are different. She has the weirdest robots in the world. Two of them. ...Wow. She turns back to Mitz, and, careful of the cord connecting him to the outlet, gives him a hug.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 am

Mitz holds her close like the night she brought him home from the Doctor, because they've done that before and it's allowed and he's hers and everything feels okay, now, it feels really okay.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:15 am

Mouse sighs, happily, as Mitz's arms twine around her. "D'you still think - is this better?"
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am

"I feel better," Mitz says, utterly content. "But, I mean, I want to not like that I feel better? Because it's really roboty and stuff. But I don't think it has anything to do with being owned. I think it's - because it always is, yeah? I think it's because you're here. You make me feel better."

Somehow it's a lot easier to admit these things now.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:50 am

Mouse sits up a bit, the better to look into Mitz's eyes. She feels a little bit more comfortable with him, now, more sure that she's allowed to be touching him or talking to him or... whatever. After all, he's hers, isn't he? He asked to be. "That's good. I'm glad. I've always liked it when you stayed."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am

(also I gotta go for a couple hours now, writers' group, see you soooon <3<3)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:56 am

"I always liked being here," Mitz answers. "But I never wanted to - I don't know. Force myself into your life. Only I just did. Shhh, don't think about it, sh, forget I said anything."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Mouse shakes her head. "It's not like that. You're not... I like having you." She'd meant to say 'having you here'. That is not what she said. What came out of her mouth was probably closer to what she meant, though.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Mitz turns his head and presses his face into Mouse's neck. He sighs happily. "I enjoy it too," he admits.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 am

Mouse rests her hand on the back of his head and pulls him closer, holding him there. "Thank you," she says. She thinks she owes him that at least, for this gift he's given her.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:55 am

"You don't have to thank me," Mitz says, a little amused. "You really don't. Um. I don't know what I was thinking in terms of -- because I have stuff. But it's not important. I can leave everything at the shop. Also, uh, could you... tell Snooze? Only I don't want him to get mad at me for turning up and doing this."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:42 am

"Mitz, you just gave me /yourself/. I can thank you if I want to." Mouse grins into his hair. "Don't worry, we'll get everything sorted out. I'm not short on space here. And, yeah, I'll tell Snooze. I'm not sure when he'll be home, but I'll take care of it."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 am

"I didn't, I just - okay, yeah, I kind of did," he pauses. "Hm. I hadn't really thought about it like that. Don't ask me how I thought about it, because I hadn't really... I'm just glad this is going so well. And thanks, yeah, good. I wouldn't know what to say to him."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 am

"You really didn't think about that at all?" That's worrying. Maybe Mouse should have waited longer. She probably should have gotten Snooze's input first. "...I hope Snooze takes it all right. I think he will."
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:03 am

Mitz shrugs slightly. "I needed a way to let you know how important you are to me. Both of you, I mean. And since Snooze is yours, then offering my deed to you would translate to him. I think. I thought," he frowns, thankful she can't see his face. "I like him. And Snooze likes me. I think it should be okay. But I - I upset him. Maybe he doesn't like me any more. But if he doesn't then we'll ... figure something out?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:15 am

"Snooze likes you fine," Mouse says, petting his hair a little for reassurance. "He's your friend too, and he's forgiven you." Actually, she thinks Snooze will be happy to have Mitz around, once he gets used to the idea, and if he doesn't somehow think Mouse is replacing him.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 am

"Mm," Mitz says conversationally, enjoying the touching. He wouldn't have forgiven himself, if he were in Snooze's place. But there you go. He also wonders if the petting is a situational thing, or if this happens all the time. Because it's awesome.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 am

Mouse does pet Snooze all the time. And since Mitz seems to like it too, it'll probably carry over. Especially since Mitz is being this cute about it.
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

He's not used to the contact. Snooze touches him and it's nice, very nice, but he's always thought it was a special case for one reason or another. No-one touched him before Mouse and Snooze, so it's always a nice surprise. He's not even made to be touched.

(Unless, you know, assembly droids are built with default pleasure sensors so that they enjoy then they're being taken apart and suchlike. For maintenance or parts swapping. ... >:D)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:47 am

He's made well enough that he can be, though, and it's nice. Mouse doesn't get a whole lot of contact like this herself, since she and Snooze rarely just snuggle. "I didn't know you had pleasure sensors," Mouse observes, quietly. At least, she assumes that's what's going on. She's hugged Mitz before but he hasn't reacted like this.

(That would be so incredibly creepy. Also, poor droids, only getting touched when something is wrong with them. ...that would explain Mitz's masochism. Pain from having parts fail > pleasure from having them fixed > gets overall touch sensors like Snooze has > expects pain whenever pleasure happens since that's the only time pleasure ever happened before.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 am

"Uh, haha, yeah," Mitz says, embarrassed. "We all do, for the most part." He doesn't know how deep Mouse wants to know about that stuff. Also, he totally reacted like this before, he just kept it together. Now he's Mouse's. It's different now.

(This is what I am thinking also. I was wondering how to translate it to roboMitz. I really didn't want it to be that he just read about the practise and thought that it was so perfectly flawed that only a human could indulge, and programmed the need in. Because it just felt kind of cold. I mean, even for a robot.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by freosan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

Mouse runs her fingers through his hair again, hoping to hear Mitz sigh again. "Well that explains all the blushing and things. If... that kind of stuff is a possibility for you."

(yeaaaaah that would be a bit much I think. This works better. Though he'll probably still whine about how it happened.

...for some reason I just got the idea of a robot cult that goes around telling human-looking robots "see the light, brother! You only want to be human because /they programmed you that way/!" and making robot-only modifications to their bodies and stuff like that. ...This is an interesting 'verse we have.)
freosan
MALEVOLENT CREATOR
MALEVOLENT CREATOR

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:00 am

Sigh he does, though he doesn't really think about it too much. "I don't know what you mean," he says slowly, apologetically.

(OH MAN that is an awesome thought. Yeah, I kind of love this 'verse and want to play around in it like a paddle pool.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down