[MitzX] Bludhaven's Annual Policeman's Ball and Fine Art Auction

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [MitzX] Bludhaven's Annual Policeman's Ball and Fine Art Auction

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:49 am

Dick flushes a bit and cocks his head. "I dunno what to do about that," he says, mildly, smiling. He can't believe what he's doing. He can't believe that he's flirting this hard when he has a date - well, that's it, Monique is definitely going to this he's a closeted cop. Just so long as she doesn't start demanding to take him on shopping sprees, that'll be fine. He looks down to try to tell her something, maybe make a joke about what Jerel's saying somehow, and finds her gone. "Well shit," he says, under his breath. "Suppose I deserve that."

(Fenris should be reeeeaal easy, since you're not a mage. Fuck me, he is difficult to romance when you're a mage. I mean, it's fun. But it's hard. Now you can tease Anders with Fenris all through the game. It's actually pretty mean. Poor Anders. Well -- hm. PLAY THE GAME PLAY THE GAME also how is it going with ME2? Tell me eeeeeeeeeeeeverything Very Happy I love that game so fucking hard.)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:09 am

Jerel spots her heading towards the painting she pointed out. He marks it in his head, so he doesn't decide to steal it and have to lift it across the hallway from a cop's place. "Rough luck, man." Jerel lets his fingers brush alongside Dick as his hand falls. He's startled to discover it's not just odd that he's flirting, he's actually enjoying it, too. "My fault, I think. You can still win her back...?"

(I'm going to have to try to convince Fenris that magic isn't all bad, since I've got Bethany in my party. She's my best friend, currently, and Merrill's pretty high too, when I bring her out to play. With ME2, I'm ticked off that just because I chose a male Shep, Kaidan automatically died at Virmire. I wanted Kaidan, dammit, I like his voice. But anyway: I like having Miranda around, her voice usually makes me feel right at home. I am only just up to getting Mordin. Love me some high-strung pronoun-dropping salarian.

Additionally, my phone is spazzing and won't let me reply to the robot thread, so it's entirely possible Mitz hears Snooze, if you don't want a smut thread. Mitz's hearing is allowed to be much better than Mouse's, anyway.

Finally: I'm in the car again today, so expect patchy reception and phone replies, unless I can get mum's wifi on the tablet once she turns it on.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:10 am

Dick's eyes flicker to Jerel, then spots Monique instantly. He sighs. "Nah. Probably best this way. Don't worry about it," he glances at Jerel sideways. "It wasn't all your fault. Besides, I think me and Monique were both - looking." He rubs the back of his neck, feigning bashfulness. It's not often he just admits to flirting so openly, but this is an awkward enough situation.

(NGH I LOVE MORDIN he is totally Mitz's hero, so you know, heh. And, ah, yeah. Kaiden dying, that does suck. You should be able to customise it, though? I know you're not willing to start a new game already, so XD

He probably will after a little while, heh. But Mouse deserves some smut time and it's not like Mitz is really able to say no to her. Well, he can. But it would really, really suck. Like a lot. So sooooon, Snooze, soon.

Aw, man, reception. HELLO HOW ARE YOU WHERE ARE YOU DRIVING TELL ME EVERYTHING /nosy)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 am

"I suppose it's fair enough to say I was--looking back." Jerel gives Dick a little grin. "Not often I get flirted with by both members of a date," he adds.

(Apparently in me3 you get to pick--I remember that--but in me2 it's decided by your sex, unless you've imported a save. Sucks. Don't want Ashley. Also Mordiiiiiin I thought he might be.

It's okay, Snooze can chill in the kitchen. Maybe something starts to smell good, too.

Hahaha 'tell me everything' is quickly becoming your catchphrase. I am heading back to college again! It's that time again.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:49 am

Dick tilts his head and smirks. "It's nice to have someone looking," he says easily. "And I'm sure that isn't true. You're a looker. But - sorry - I'd love to stay and talk more and maybe get your number but I have to make sure Monique's okay before I work. Maybe some other time?"

(Ashley is a dirty space racist and I hate her XD But Mordiiiiiiiiiiiiiin. Yes, it's pretty obvious, huh. Heh.

PERFECT SEGUE that's good. And Mouse'll get something to eat after her smut. Works out nicely for everyone - so long as Snooze is okay right now.

It's better than AUUUGH I'M SICK AGAIN, heh. And, I see, I see. Okaaaaay I hope the drive is goooooooood.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:10 am

Jerel can recognise a brush off when he gets one. He salutes Dick with his champagne. "Sure, another time. I have to go register my interest for the auction anyway. Have a good night at work."

(Sob. I want Kaidaaaaaaan. Snooze is fine. He's a robot. He's supposed to be there for whatever Mouse needs, which happens to be dinner. &It's bearable. Sigh. Not many more times I have to do it.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 am

Dick gives Jerel an honest-to-fuck blinding smile. "I'll try. Hey," he touches Jerel's arm. "I really do hope we run into each other again. I'll ask for your number then. Deal?"

(You should buy ME1 and keep him alive XD You'd be playing the games backwards and that is pretty hilarious. And, hm, I keep forgetting that he wouldn't react like Mitz. Snoooooooooze. Also this is true, aw.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:12 am

Jerel smiles back, unable to stop himself--Dick's is infectious. "Yeah, okay. Deal," he says, even if he's thinking that the next time Dick sees him will probably be a blurry surveillance photo from some home CCTV system.

(I am going to be on the look out for it, for sure. Maybe I will get some kind of hidden award for playing them backwards, snicker. Also, how would Mitz react? Snooze has been programmed to understand that his owner will have lovers, he's just a companion.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:30 am

"Awesome," Dick says, then pauses - like he's thinking, but really he's committing Elliot's face to memory so he'll remember him and actually ask for his number. Then he raises in glass of fancy orange juice in goodbye and goes to find Monique and beg her forgiveness.

(Ooh, hey, I just saw that there's a DLC pack for ME2 that lets you make the big decisions in 1 and get to keep Kaidan alive. So there's that. Also, as you may have guessed, I started playing ME2 and got kind of caught up in scanning, sorry for the delay XD Mitz, hm. Mitz, with all his messed up upgrades, would have simply felt rejected and worthless if he were in Snooze's shoes.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 am

Jerel moves off to the auction. Surprisingly, he feels much more disappointed than he thought he would be. Dick seems pretty smart. How is he expecting them to see each other again without organising something? Maybe Jerel will have to find him and engineer a 'chance' meeting, to see if Dick does ask for his number.

(I haven't had the chance to scan in me2 yet. Is it like in 3 where the reapers'll get ya if you do it too much, or are you free to scan away? Also, yessss, dlc packs, love me some of them. And: Snooze knows he has other uses to Mouse. And he's not her boyfriend or lover, or Mitz's boyfriend or lover. He's just a robot. He's not even at the same level of humanishness that Mitz is. Snooze is just there to be used. He knows that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 am

Dick's actually pretty aware that he can't do relationships right now. He's not in the right place, not got his head on straight yet. So he's not going to get Elliot's number just to disappoint them both. But if he happens to run into him again, well, that's different...

(You'll get there and there is SO MUCH of it, wow. Also, no, it isn't like ME3. I kind of forgot that happened, heh. It was so scary when that happened after the ease and safety of ME2, no lie.
Snooze, you are breaking my and Mitz's hearts.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 am

In a big city like that a second chance meeting might almost seem like fate.

(I liked the running, it was scary. Very Happy Except it meant I couldn't get a bunch of assets because the reapers detected me every time I jumped into that system. Sigh.
Sadfaces. He was starting to get better, to believe he could be humanish, that he could at least have Mitz as a friend, if not Mouse. But I guess this might serve to reinforce the point that he's there to be a companion, not a friend. He's even heard of companion bots being turned off and stored when their owner starts a new relationship.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Well. Exactly. Not that Dick's holding out hope or anything, but it's a nice thought. A nice guy, a bad town and a little bit of fate. Wouldn't that be pleasant.

(Adam figured it so that if he found something in a system, he would just let the Reapers get him. Then he'd know where it is and he wouldn't have to risk his alert level going up too much when he reloaded.
Ngh, Snooze, stop. They will have Talks, obviously, about how Mitz would never let that happen.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Too bad that Jerel doesn't turn out to be a nice guy after all. Or was it Dick who was the nice guy in that sentence?

(But in some systems there were four or five things to get, so you'd run up the alert no matter what you did.
Aw, Mitz. Snooze knows that. But the fact remains that Snooze is a cooking, cleaning, shopping sexbot.)[b]
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 pm

No, Dick is counting Jerel as the nice guy here. He wouldn't count himself as a nice guy at all, actually. I don't think it would cross his mind.

(This is true. HIT AND RUN HIT AND RUN DUCK AND COVER AAAUUUGH
He's more than that to Mitz.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 pm

He's a much nicer guy than Jerel. One might even say he was a good guy, and Jerel a bad guy, eh heh.

(My mum can attest to the fact that more than once I was all 'RUN RUN RUN oh god oh god oh god GET AWAY FROM ME phew safe made it'.)
Because Mitz doesn't own him. He never knew what to be to Mitz, how to act around him.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Oh yeeaaah XD Wanna skip to later on in the night with Nightwing and Bodyshock?

(Me and Adam kind of lost it and started yelling and screaming XD
....that's kind of how it is for Mitz. It's not like he's anyone to Snooze; he doesn't own him, will never own him. Doesn't want to own him - not like that. So it's difficult to figure out how to be.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:02 pm

Sounds like a plan. After buying two pieces for a couple of hundred each, Jerel took his leave of the auction and Ball, slipping away before anyone could ask about his date. Somewhere quiet and private nearby he suits up, and settles in to check out the warehouse where the art is being stored. He still hasn't made his final choices as to what he's going to steal; that'll depend on the new owners' security systems. Some of the art will be moved tonight. He intends to follow it.

(That sounds about right. I had /not/ expected so many of them, or to be chased.
Snooze had been hoping that they could be friends. But Mitz fairly effectively dashed that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Nightwing knows all too well how easy it is to swipe things from these auctions - and that was taking Gotham's security systems into account. It'll be even easier with Bludhaven's behind-the-times systems. He swings in around the building just before the trucks are scheduled to take off and waits for any signs of activity. Best to start here and follow along.

(Right? And the NOISE
Aw, man, aw jeez, Snooze. That wasn't what Mitz meant at all. He just - gets guilty a lot.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Not for the first time is Jerel cursing his light-coloured suit as he spots the graceful curve of the city's recently resident do-gooder dropping down on his roof. The 'superhero' must have heard about the auction. Quite a few high price pieces went tonight to raise money for the police fund; some in the tens of thousands. Fuck. Jerel presses himself flat to the roof and waits for the trucks to go. When they do, he can blow the lights on the roof, blinding Nightwing and giving himself a moment to jump down onto a truck. It's probably a bad plan, but he hadn't thought he'd be interrupted. Fuck it all.

(Scared the shit outta me. So the scanning is quiet and calm in this one? Makes sense.
Snooze doesn't want Mitz changing anything about himself again, but that seems mightily inconvenient.
Also, I am nearly to college, so replies might cease or slow for a while until I get to unpacking. And, Avengers is in two hours.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Nightwing lands and does a quick scan of the place. Seems quiet enough. It would be really good if any of the villains around Bludhaven just - took a night off. Dick could use the sleep and it's tough keeping a beat job along with his full-time gig. But he knows better than to trust that to happen. He settles into the shadows where he can watch the trucks take off. He'll flip down and ride one to their destination and hope for the best.

(Yup. It's actually pretty soothing and mindless.
It's nice and human. It's obviously flawed and wrong, but it's very human.
AVENGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS augh we cannot freak out about it, though, because Freo has not seen but aaaaaaaaaaaaugh AVENGERRS also sorry for the delay again; ME2. One of my favorite parts, heh.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Bodyshock examines Nightwing, who's currently in front of him and thankfully not looking on top of the elevator, where he's flattened. Medical training means he can trace the lines of muscles with his eyes. Gorgeous--he means, dangerous. Very dangerous. This guy could beat him to a pulp if Jerel got too close. Maybe tonight's not the night for a stakeout. Then, in his mind's eye, he sees his bank account dwindling. No. It has to be tonight. Everyone will suspect the delivery boys if something goes missing tonight. There can be no better patsy.

(Cool. I could use some of that, heh.
Which is why Mitz can be with Mouse in ways that Snooze can't. Mitz is more human.
Avengeeeeeeeeers in half an hour SO EXCITED)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Nightwing lazes a little - still alert but kind of distantly. He thinks about how nice it would be to be back in his apartment, maybe with Monique or, or maybe that Elliot guy, not doing anything. Just watching tv and eating a pizza. He loves his night-job and the Mission is important to him. He just sometimes wishes he had some vacation time. Then the vans start to move and he leaps, silently and easily, onto the the roof of one of the trucks.

(It's kind of lovely.
Snooze. Snooze. You're missing the point.
AUUUUUUUUUUUUGH also sorry for the delay, I got stuck and annoyed in ME2. Fucking shooting beams what the hell I never did that before ewajklasdjklfawe also I may sleep soon YOU ARE WARNED so I am sorry I don't get to hear all the Loki feels XD)

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Just as he's about to blow the lights, Nightwing takes off, and Jerel hurriedly tamps down on the sparks dancing across his suit. The electricity sinks back into his skin and he marks which van Nightwing takes. ...then curiosity strikes, and Jerel leaps, too. He intends to leap in the opposite direction, but instead he jumps for the building's carpark. It's a matter of seconds to hotwire something speedy and comfortable and take off after the van Nightwing is crouched on top of.

(What is the point?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AVENGERS AGH OH GOD RIGHT IN THE FEELS JOSS I LUFF YOU)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Nightwing enjoys the ride, actually. He's half crouched, half holding on for dear life, as the van takes off to the warehouse and storage side of the Bludhaven docks. No-one's shooting at him, he's not chasing after anyone. It's relaxed. He's got a damn good feeling about tonight.

(That - that he's - Mitz isn't sure of what the point was, but that wasn't it.
RIGHT IN THE FEELS' TEETH AMIRITE holy fuck)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:42 pm

No one's chasing him that he knows of. Bodyshock weaves through traffic, not even bothering to hold the steering wheel. He never learned to drive--ran away too early. But his power moves the car along just like normal, especially a nice hybrid like this. Much mOre receptive to Jerel than cars that are just buckets of bolts. He doesn't know why he's chasing Nightwing, but he doesn't want to give up yet. He wonders where the hell this painting is being delivered.

(So the point is not that he is what he is and Mitz is something else that Mouse likes more.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT hnnnnng avengers)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Nightwing doesn't move until the vans pull into the docks, then he flips and jumps until he's got a good vantage point on the warehouse near where the storage crates are. He'll keep an eye on the valuables until they're locked up, hitch a lift back into Bludhaven proper and catch a few muggings before sleep. Then he's back awake again in four-ish hours for work.

He yawns automatically, just at the thought, but doesn't really linger on that. He's just looking forward to getting this night's work done.

Then he notices that there's an odd car driving into the docks. At this time at night? Following these vans? ...great. Possible trouble. Just his luck.

(He is what he is, but Mouse doesn't like Mitz more. She couldn't. It makes no sense, logically. Snooze is a better model and getter programmed to take care of her and make her happy. Mitz can only really follow orders. It will get very old very fast. Mitz promises.

Fff. I was going to give out about being sick here. Pfft. Mode: ignore. Anyway. How are you, the Noc? Helloooo.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Jerel isn't, obviously, allowed beyond the chain fences surrounding the warehouses without official identification. He swings away and ditches the car a few blocks off, then makes his way up to the rooftops, in order to keep up with Nightwing and the vans. But he's lost Nightwing now. He wastes precious moments perched somewhere high, trying to spot him. He can't move on without knowing where Nightwing is.

(From the way Mouse was reacting, Snooze doubts it. But so long as Mitz makes her happy, Snooze is fine with it.

Uh. Well. My stepfather died last night. So, not great, so much.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 pm

(Holy shit okay I will reply to things properly in a moment but holy shit are you okay, what happened, I am so sorry :( )
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:41 pm

(Him and my mum drove me back to uni yesterday and they think he had a heart attack while driving home. I don't know many details yet, I can't--over the phone, it's hard to ask. I don't really know how I am. It's not a question I can answer. :/)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm

(oh my god, I'm so sorry. *hugs and blankets* Tell me if I can do anything to make you feel better. I guess RP will help at least distract a little? Hopefully?)

Nightwing drops from one of the rigs to land behind Bodyshock silently. He means to startle him. "I actually can't figure out what you could be here for," he says loudly, conversationally. "Vintage sparkplugs? Do they have vintage sparkplugs, is that a thing? You would know."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm

(RP will help, I think. The thought makes me feel better, anyway. I'm fairly sure I'm still in shock. Do yo think these two have bumped into each other in costume before?)

Bodyshock does startle. Then he draws himself up straight and turns, lazily graceful, just like he's practiced. "Vintage is just another word for 'old'."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 pm

(Okay, we will roleplay and banter through shock. While I continue to cover you in blankets, mentally. Also, I am not sure. It would be fun to assume, hm, they know of each other but they haven't bumped into each other?)

Nightwing raises an eyebrow and automatically steps away from Bodyshock, moving easily into a kind of prowl around him. "Uh-huh. I thought your deal was electricity, not being a walking thesaurus."

(also I will be back. I am going to attempt to make food)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

(Mmm, blankets are nice. I wish you luck with your food search! And this sounds good, yesm. Start from the start and all.)

Bodyshock barely turns his head to keep Nightwing in sight. The tech sparking off his suit tells Bodyshock exactly where Nightwing is at all times. He also can't match him for strength or fighting, so he doesn't feel the need to prowl, to prove himself as predator. He's prey. The only question that remains is if the prey is fast and smart enough to get away. "I can't have more than one deal?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:42 pm

(sounds like a plan)

Nightwing inclines his head. "I guess you could. You'd be the first costume criminal in a long time to actuall have more than one deal, but it's always good to break the trend. Whatcha doing out here, anyway? Are you lost?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:46 pm

"Just wandering the night," Bodyshock replies easily. "These warehouses are always good for people-watching. You meet all sorts coming off the boats at the docks." He can tell when Nightwin stops circling, the prickle in his mind that's nearby electricity holding still, and turns to face him. "You look ready for bed."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Nightwing chuckles slightly. "Oh man. Is that a line? Doesn't matter. It's two in the morning; everyone awake right now is ready for bed. You don't look so hot on your feet either. How about you go on ahead and I'll just finish up around here?" he holds himself up to his full height - which is not that much, actually, but he's all lean muscle and armoured danger. "Doesn't have to get messy here. You could just leave."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:57 pm

"And you'll let me?" Bodyshock narrows his eyes. If Nightwing lunged now, Bodyshock could paralyse him by surging his suit, black out the neighbourhood and take off, but he's not expecting to just be able to walk away.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

"Eh," Nightwing says, completely casual. "If you don't start nothin', there won't be nothin'. That's how it goes, right? And there's no real problem with you dressing up in a shiny suit and jumping around. I can't fault you on that, it is a fun hobby." Of course, he doesn't know about the stolen car. He should assume but he's tired.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:11 pm

This is the first hero Jerel's met who hasn't tried to grab him just for the crime of his reputation. But he's not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. "Sleep well, Nighwing," he says on impulse, and dives off the rooftop, to the next lower one. He'll appropriate the car again, easier to slide into its systems now he's already done it, and torch it somewhere seedy, take a few late-night trains back to his place. He won't look a gift horse in the mouth, but he won't trust it, either.

His plans have crumbled, but those were only plan A. Plan B details hooking in to the auction database and snaking addresses. It'll take longer to lift anything, personal security usually being better than warehouse security, but he's not in a rush. He's not looking to piss off Nightwing. He saw those muscles.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 pm

"You so much as jaywalk after this, and I'll get you behind bars for a long time," Nightwing calls after him, somewhat playfully but with a bite of danger to it, of violence.

Nightwing watches him go. He sighs. Would've been good to get the number of that car Bodyshock was driving to run it through the database at work and see if it's his, or someone he knows. It would be good to find out who he was, too. Nightwing shakes his head. Slipping up, Dickie, he thinks bitterly.

Still, he stays until the last of the auction pieces are loaded up and taken care of, then hops back onto a van back into town. He'll have to keep an eye on everything in that auction, now, until they settle in likely homes. Not good to have a criminal sniffing around things like that. Not good at all.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm

When Jerel finally gets back to his favourite hideout that night, he lies sleepless for a long while, planning and replanning and imagining outcomes. Any sleep he gets is restless, until it starts getting light. Then he burrows deep under his covers and thinks of other plans--namely, plans of 'accidentally' bumping into Dick, from the auction. Much nicer dreams.

(I'll be on the next plane soon, as a warning.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Dick does much the same - or nearly the same. After a few muggings and a 7-11 is saved from attack, Dick heads back to his apartment, leaves a sorry note and a cupcake by Monique's door and lays down in bed. He reads case files to help him fall asleep, but ends up thinking about Elliot and wondering if that would have been like if he were normal and able to pursue it. He would fall asleep with a smile, anyway.

(Okaaaaay. I hope you will be okay. I will try to check in every so often to see if you are about and need RP times, but I will have to go lie down very soon, also warning.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:37 pm

The next few days Jerel works on both plans, finding Dick and tracking art. He sets up house at 'Elliot's' place, the one with blue furnishings--he colour codes them to keep them straight in his head. He has to fence a few smaller artefacts to pay for the paintings he bought at auction, but that was part of the plan anyway.

When the paintings arrive, Jerel knows deliveries have at least begun. He gave his name as Elliot Haven, so if they go alphabetically, he can stake out a couple of places tonight. As for finding Dick: Jerel hangs out around the police station a couple of days in a row, waiting for Dick to emerge, until he can track him back to his apartment and learn the places he goes where Jerel--Elliot might bump into him.

He isn't sure why he's doing this. If, maybe, it's to get an inside source into the Burglary department, that's smart and risky. If it's because Dick's eyes are bright blue and his smile melts Jerel's knees, that's--somewhat less smart and a whole other degree of risky.

(Are you still thereeeees)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 am

Dick forgets about Elliot. He has to. Dick has work to do and people to save and crooked cops to get rid of from the inside, while he works his beat. He's not put on anything to do with the auction - a wall of a man, but a lazy wall, called Hartigan is - but Nightwing can take care of that. And he can't go mooning over some guy with nice hair and a lazy smile who paid him attention. Not even when he would like to. So he forgets and gets on with his work, and his constant training regime.

He may be spreading himself a little thin. But it works.

The only place that could even be considered a place to 'hang out' that Dick goes to would be the gym. Maybe the grocery store.

(Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I am so sorry, you know what I'm like, when I'm sick I just pass out. :( How are you doing right now, how was your flight, how are yooou)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down