[Sentinel] Jason's Homecoming

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Sentinel] Jason's Homecoming

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Bruce Wayne is the chief Sentinel of Gotham City. He has responsibilities; he has people who depend upon him. He is on retainer with the police department, the courts and the district attorney's office, all completely above board, since Blair Sandburg and Jim Ellison outed Sentinels to the general population. He doesn't need to hide behind a mask or cape anymore--the whole city knows what he can do.

It's his responsibility to put in the legwork required to drive the crime rate down; he tracks kidnapped children, he sniffs out drug labs, he hears crimes being plotted and carried out blocks, even suburbs away. Gotham City is his place, his home, and when he's out patrolling of a night, walking the streets and rooftops, hearing and smelling the city that needs him, there's nothing that can shatter his focus. He can sense Alfred at the edge of his consciousness, an anchor of stability back at the Manor, but mostly it's his own iron self-control and discipline that lets him track a scent for miles without rest.

Bruce is on the trail of a drug runner, the clinical, paste-like smell of chemicals thick in his nose, when he catches a whiff of hot spice.

He nearly screws up his landing, nearly falls off the edge of a rooftop. He hasn't done that since his first few months jumping around the rooftops of Gotham City. As he hauls himself up, he forgets all about the drug runners, all about his responsibilities. He stands on the rooftop and searches for that scent. He's avoided hot and spicy foods ever since--well. For a while.

Every person Bruce meets has a different smell, a signature scent. He could track that scent to the ends of the earth. This scent... he hasn't been able to smell it for a very long time. Bruce carefully catalogues everyone he knows, everyone who he might want to find again one day. Alfred smells like a hot, crackling fire. Dick smells like warm butter; Tim, electricity; Steph, cut grass; Cass, like a thunderstorm; Snooze and Damian smell like their mothers, but more and more like themselves, like leather and old books.

But hot spice. Curry and chilli and jalapenos.

Jason.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Jason's Homecoming

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 pm

Jason's back in town for a reason; to annoy the hell out of Bruce. To haunt him, really. Maybe to kill him, Jason isn't sure yet. Not yet. But he knew that Bruce'd pick up on him as soon as he got back into Gotham, one way or another. It'd take a week at most for Bruce to pick up on his scent, but he'd track him as soon as possible.

There are ways around being tracked by a Sentinel, he knows - and Talia taught him some new ways - but that's not what he wants.

He runs around the city for a few days. Around his territory, effectively. That's right, definitely haunting the old bastard, making sure he feels bad. Because Jason knows, he checked. The clown is still alive. And fuck that. No way is that going to stay the truth.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:23 pm

There's no other way to put it--Bruce stalks the night, tracking Jason's scent.

For all Bruce knows, he's tracking someone who had chilli curry for dinner the night before--but no, Bruce has more faith in his own abilities than that. He can tell the difference between real chilli and Jason. He can tell the difference between dinner and his Guide.

For months after Jason died, Bruce's senses switched off. It took every scrap of talent Alfred had to switch him back on again, to get Bruce to pick up his responsibilities and get back on track. But even then, every sound had been duller, every colour muted. As Bruce tracks Jason now, he's hitting those old highs again. Following Jason's scent as it twists all over Gotham, two or three days old and getting more and more recent, it's as easy as breathing.

Bruce's cell phone buzzes inside his inner coat pocket. The feeling irritates Bruce's skin, and he takes the phone out, glances at it briefly--Alfred--then turns it off.

There's only one thing on his mind right now. Alfred will have to wait.

(Where will Jason be? Is he going to stop and wait for Bruce to catch him? Because I'm pretty sure Bruce won't eat, sleep or stop until he tracks Jason down.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:21 am

Jason's picked a dilapidated apartment on the outskirts of Oldtown's business district, a few blocks from Crime Alley, to wait for Brucie. After running all over the city, twisting and turning and remembering old haunts as he does, the stop and the wait makes his skin thrum and itch with anticipation. Maybe he should go out, retrace his steps, wait for the old man.

No, that's stupid. Make him work, make him find you.

There's a chair at the back of the room. Jason sits on it and sleeps for a few hours every so often. Gun pointed at the window you have to use to get into the room. He doesn't sleep very deeply - it's more of a doze, actually. Probably best. Sleeping isn't his friend anymore anyway.

Bruce had better actually find him. If he gives up or didn't even bother - well. Maybe that'll be good too. Jason'll have his answer about how Bruce is doing after his death, anyway. If it turns out that he didn't kill the clown and he doesn't even bother to track Jason, yeah, that's loud and clear.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm

Bruce nearly loses his mind as the scent gets stronger and stronger the closer he gets to Crime Alley. Maybe this is his memory playing tricks on him--maybe he really did just smell someone's dinner, then his mind finally snapped under the grief of losing Jason. Maybe his senses, the only thing that makes him useful, are gone.

But he can't help but follow the scent. He has to know.

He lingers around Crime Alley for a bit, but the scent draws him on from there. That's almost a relief. Finally, a few blocks later, the scent disappears off the street and Bruce has to double-black until he picks up traces on the rungs of a fire escape up the side of a building.

He pulls himself up the ladder easily, and by now he can practically see the scent lingering in the air. So he doesn't even hesitate when it vanishes--just turns to the open window and slides inside. His ears are full of the sound of a calm heartbeat inside the room.

Jason's eyes are closed--it looks like he's dozing, propped uncomfortably on the single chair in the room, gun loose in his fingers but pointed right at Bruce.

All Bruce can feel is shock and wonder and that aching grief that never went away after Jason's death. Bruce knows Jason is dead. He held Jason's body in his arms. He buried him. There's no way this is Jason. But this man smells like Jason, albeit tinged with something... different, something Bruce can't name; he looks like Jason, but older, and harder; and that is definitely Jason's heartbeat.

Bruce's voice is a little hoarse when he says, "Jason."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Jason doesn't startle, but his grip tightens around the gun as he wakes up properly. He takes his time with opening his eyes and sitting up properly. He looks at Bruce for a long time before he speaks. What the hell can you even say to a brotherfathermentorSentinelcarerprotectorbetrayer?

"Hell, B," he says, voice gruff and scratchy. "You look like shit. Alfie not taking care of you since I died?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Jason's voice rings in his ears. Bruce almost doesn't hear the words for the sheer sound of it. But he tunes in--something in him remembers Jason gets angry easily, especially if he thinks Bruce isn't listening--and slowly, he says, "He does the best he can." Bruce doesn't give him much to work with, admittedly. He's completely lost, though his face remains neutral-stunned. He has no idea what to say, what to ask. "/How/?" slips out, unintentionally.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Jason stands, quick and fluid, with the gun still trained on Bruce's chest. He's calm, surprisingly. He didn't think he would be calm when he met Bruce again. Especially if he had to do the whole 'wahey I'm back from the dead speech'. But being vague is kind of a /family/ trait, so it comes easily.

"A lot of stuff happened in sequence to bring me here. Some things I understand and some I don't. That simple."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 pm

"Coming back from the dead isn't 'simple'," Bruce contends. He straightens as Jason stands, and he's surprised to find they're practically eye-to-eye with each other now. Jason grew up while Bruce thought he was dead. His arms remember the feeling of Jason's lifeliss body, and he has to ask: "/Did/ you die?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 pm

"Yeah," Jason replied, choking on the word and a laugh at the same time, mangling the sound. He flares up, growling. "Yeah, I fucking died. I got my head caved in, lungs bust, blown up. You forget that? Cos I'm pretty sure the clown is known for taking pictures, maybe he got some in."

And it's cruel. Jason knows it. It hurts him to say it out loud but he can bet every penny he has to his name (and a few aliases) that no-one has talked to Bruce that bluntly in a while.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Bruce flinches. He remembers, all too well, in graphic, lurid detail, Jason's broken, burned corpse. "I didn't forget. I buried you. Yet here you are." Inside, deep inside, he wants to beg Jason to explain, to lower the gun, to stop /looking at him like that/. But the words don't make it past the black ache in his chest, the cold knot that settled there when he lost his Guide.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Jason laughs again, and it's a little more natural. A little. "Yeah, well. If you make it out of here alright tonight? Go check that nice little grave you have put aside for me, Brucie."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 pm

"If I make it out of here," Bruce echoes. He finally pays attention to the gun, tearing his eyes away from Jason's face--hard, hostile, but full of colour and life--and taking it in. "You won't shoot me."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Jason rolls his eyes and inclines his head. "Right. Maybe the kid you buried wouldn't've shot at you. I'm pretty much looking forward to it. But that all depends on how question time goes."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Bruce still doesn't think Jason will shoot him; he believes that, deep down, Jason must have missed Bruce as much as Bruce missed him. He hopes that. "If you have questions for me, ask them."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

"Just one, actually," and he nearly hides the anger making his voice low and strained. He nearly makes himself sound like he's having a normal conversation. His mouth curls into something twisted that might have been a smile at some point. "Just the big one. How come the clown is still alive? Follow up: Did I mean that little to you?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Bruce can hear Jason's heart thump harder as he gets angry; he can see the micro-expressions twitching his lips and eyes. He frowns as he speaks, trying to get the words out that he's stewed over since Jason died. "If I killed him, I would have become just like him. You meant--so much to me, Jason. I didn't kill him, because if I had, I would have forgotten everything I taught you, everything I was raised to believe and raised you to believe. I didn't kill him, because I would have lost myself, and lost whatever I had left of you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:41 pm

"Bullshit," Jason spits, and raises the gun more solidly. That wasn't what he wanted to hear. He doesn't know what he wanted to hear, exactly, but that cool and calm rationality is just too damned much for him right now. He's shaking, but not from fear or lack of resolve. It's pure rage and heartbreak and betrayal.

And a little from hearing that Bruce thought too clearly to lose it when he died. Is that really too much to ask? Just a little - revenge? Fuck.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:45 pm

"I had my hands around his throat, Jason." Bruce doesn't raise his hands, doesn't step back. He trusts Jason, he still trusts him. Maybe that's a mistake, but he /does/ trust him. "In that second, I saw him how he must have seen you. I couldn't do it. I couldn't be like him. I made a choice."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Jason watches his face for a long time. Then he snorts. "Whatever. It doesn't matter now, anyway. Get the hell out of here, Bruce. This is the goodbye we never got, you hear me?" he gestures to the window with the gun. "You're never gonna see me again if you play your cards right. If I play my cards right."

(So I figure, since it would be pretty difficult to work if Jason actually did want to kill Bruce like in canon, all he wants is to kill the Joker and have Bruce look the other way. He's perfectly aware that this might not happen and will end up with Bruce hunting him down, but whatever. He needs to get the revenge he deserves.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:04 pm

"Do you think we can be in the same city and not be drawn to each other?" Bruce frowns. "Come home with me." He wants to introduce Jason to Tim and Steph; he wants Jason to be there in the house; he wants Jason to see Alfred again, and Dick.

(This makes a great deal of sense. Poor Jaybird. Bruce will probably end up hoping that Jason gets to the point where his gun's in the Joker's face, and he suddenly realises what Bruce was talking about--that he'll lose himself entirely if he kills him.
Also, Damian and Snooze are probably not in the picture again, yet, huh? But Jason would know about Damian.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Jason shivers. He wants to. But is that him or his genetics or whatever talking? "No," he grinds out. "Not this time. Not ever again. I'm not your boy anymore, B. I can't be that kid, he's dead."

(Sob. Also, yeeeaah, he'll likely plan everything out and get the Joker in that position better than anyone before him but he'll stall and freeze and be unable to do it when it actually comes down to it. Then he'll make excuses about it not being the right time, or the right way, or it was too easy. That is how it usually goes, sigh.
Hmm. Well, that is up to you, I guess. We could always have them in and quite young. But, yeah, Jason would at least know of Damian.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Bruce can feel Jason slipping through his fingertips. His whole self rebels at the thought of never seeing Jason again. "Be whoever you want to be. Just come home."

(Jason's better than the Joker. He's a better person. That's what it is. darliiiiiiiiiiiiing
Well, Talia's probably got a two part plan--hit Bruce with Jason, then Damian, or the other way around. And Selina usually keeps Snooze to herself for a while if she decides to keep him; otherwise, Bruce could sniff him out on the streets, of course. And I think I did mention on the first post, something about Damian and Snooze being around. So we should decide that.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:20 pm

Jason sags, but somehow manages to keep the gun pointed at Bruce through sheer will. He needs to keep it between them. If Bruce gets close to him then it's all lost. He'll give in. He needs to never give in. "Go. Home. Bruce."

(I dunnoooo he is a pretty bad maaaaaan
You did indeedy. Hmmm. Well, he could always know about Snooze, and have a tentative agreement with Selina since he needs help with his senses and stuff. ...is he a Sentinel? And Damian could be there already, but only just.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Bruce is within seconds of begging. His fingers curl a little, with how much he needs to reach out and bring Jason home. But Bruce can't force him. He needs Jason to come back to him. To want him. The thought scares Bruce, but he can't shake it; he needs Jason to need him as much as Bruce needs Jason. "Not without you."

(Maybe, but he's still better than the clown.
Snooze and Damian are both Sentinels, since all their parents are. So maybe Talia hit Bruce with Damian first, then Jason; and with Snooze, Bruce might have sniffed him out as soon as Selina came back to town?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Jason sighs and cocks the gun. "Leave, B. Don't make me."

(Well. Yes. But that isn't difficult XD
Hm, yes, sounds like a plan we can all live with. And we get the boys, so bonus.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:36 pm

Bruce nearly flinches at the sound of the gun. "I'll go, if you want me to go. But there'll be fresh sheets on your bed tonight."

(True. But still. Jason. So much better than the Joker. Got something to live for other than chaos.
Indeed! So we also have Bruce struggling with fatherhood, and now /Jason/, ouch, his heart.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 pm

"Awesome," Jason says tightly. Thick with emotion. "Go find another Guide kid on the streets and put him in there. Make sure that one doesn't get fucked up, okay. You seem to be doing pretty good with the new one." By which he means Tim. Talia's surveillance was pretty clear on that.

(Jason has - anger?
Poor Brucie face, aw.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:45 pm

"You should come meet the new one. His name is Tim. But it's your room, Jason. It'll always be your room." Unless you move into mine. Again, Bruce is surprised by his own thought--but more by how /right/ it feels. Jason is /his Guide/. He belongs with Bruce.

(Jason has faaaaamilyyyyyyyyyyy
His is such a hard life, the baby.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Jason sighs, like he's legitimately sad. "I fucking told you, Bruce. I told you to go. And you wouldn't. Y'know, just once, I'd like you to take my word for something. But I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks," he says, then - very coldly, it has to be said, aims the gun and shoots for Bruce's left arm. He means to ding him, a warning shot.

(THE HELL HE DOES Jasonsob
Like he couldn't make it easier if he just, y'know, worked on his emotional repression a little.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Despite the shock, long practice makes Bruce shift in time so that the shot thuds into the wall behind him--he can see the minute shifts in Jason's muscles as he prepares to pull the trigger, hear the flat decision in his voice. So he's shocked, heartbroken, and undamaged. How can Jason not feel Bruce's devastation? His longing?

He looks at the hole in the wall behind him, then at Jason. "All right," he says, without a shake in his voice. "I'll go."

And he turns, and he goes, slipping out the window.

(THEY WANT HIM SO MUCH batsob
Yes, if he, I dunno, admitted that he missed Jason. That might help. Or admitted that maybe he doesn't know everything, that he lost his parental figures and never let Alfred act like a parent to him so he might need some help with figuring out how to raise children with warmth.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:24 am

Jason watches him go, watches and watches until he's sure he's far away - then collapses onto the floor. Fuckfuckfuckshit. And it's so much worse now because it's not just his turmoil he has to deal with. It's the city's, it's Bruce's.

He holds onto the gun, solid and reliable and real, using it to rein himself in for a second before he loses it. He needs to - he needs - he's gotta...

He has to get the fuck up, stop wallowing in pain and get to his safehouse. He has to plan out the attack on Arkham. He needs to figure out how the hell he's going to handle confronting the clown on his own. He needs to stop feeling so damned happy that Bruce actually felt /something/ for him.

(Pfffff, Bruce Wayne? Be something other than an emotionally stunted manchild? Naaaah.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 am

Bruce walks in a haze all the way back to the Manor. It takes him hours. All the while, he knows his senses are stretched behind him, locked on Jason, until he walks far enough that Jason's heartbeat blends into the sounds of the city. By the time he gets back to the Manor, night has long since fallen. Alfred must sense him coming, feel him coming, because he opens the door before Bruce can, and brings him inside.

Tim comes to stand at a doorway as Bruce and Alfred pass by; Damian is at the top of the stairs. Tim can feel Bruce's devastation as acutely as Alfred can, and even Damian can tell something is wrong. Neither of them say a word.

Alfred takes Bruce into the study and closes the door, and sits with him. Bruce can't do as he did when he was a child; he can't lean against Alfred, can't put his head in Alfred's lap and let himself be Guided back to stability. But they can sit together. And after a little while, Bruce tells Alfred quietly about Jason.

(Maybe once Jason gets him to loosen up a bit in this 'verse.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Jason sits in his safehouse, alone, and works on his bike until Talia's shipment arrives for him. New stealth gear, a few guns, some other choice equipment. It takes a week for him to get everything he needs to get the clown out and easy to kill.

He barely eats. He doesn't sleep. He'll sleep when he's dead or when he's taken care of business.

(Maybe! Also, ffff, sorry I had no idea what to write here.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Bruce manages to focus enough the next few nights to track down the drug runner, with Tim along with him to keep him grounded. When the scum's behind bars, Bruce runs Tim and Bart through exercises for a few hours, then sends them off to bed.

He devotes the rest of his nights to keeping an eye on Jason. He can't help himself. He needs to know where he is, what he's doing, if he's alive.

And when Jason receives a crate that stinks of Talia al'Ghul, a cold calm settles over Bruce. Well. That explains that. First Damian, and now Jason--Talia is working hard to throw Bruce off his game. There must be some larger plan afoot, one Jason probably doesn't know about, nor Damian.

Bruce's protective nature goes into overdrive. He more than likely becomes a hulking shadow in the background of everyone's lives.

Including Jason's. He can't leave him alone. And he's getting more and more concerned about Jason's health.

(That is okay, they are being difficult aren't they, sigh.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Jason's perfectly aware that Bruce'll be watching him. Hard to keep himself from trying to figure out what the hell Bruce is doing to himself and get rid of the horrible, aching, dull pain in his own chest. But he has shit to do, and so long as Bruce stays the fuck out of that then everything should be fine.

Then they can talk. Then they can maybe figure out what the hell they should do. Jason thinks that it might have one hell of a lot to do with him getting as far away from Gotham as possible so they can both pretend to live normal lives. Hell, maybe he might find a not-crazy Sentinel to focus on, keep him from losing his mind. That'd be nice. Bruce has Alfie, after all.

(Hiiiiii I finally got to braining I AM SORRY but I am getting better now so all the braining all the time)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:00 pm

When Jason gets to the point where he's a walking zombie and hasn't eaten a meal not bought from a chilli dog stand in a week, Bruce cracks. There's only so long a Sentinel can let a Guide destroy themselves before the protective nature kicks in; there's only so long Bruce can watch Jason waste away before he wants to Take Him Home and Make Him Better.

But of course, Bruce doesn't know how to handle Jason now. So he asks Alfred to do it.

Alfred is Not Happy that Jason is treating himself this way.

(YAY BETTER FEELING SIN)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

(YEAH WOO also I do not know what to dooooo hereeeeee D: what is going on with Alfred should he be at the warehouse is Jason going to run into him is he going to pull up next to him and be all "GET IN BITCH WE'RE GOING SHOPPING for new clothes, Master Jason, you look appalling" or what is happening. I mean HELLO)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 pm

(Alfred is probably going to gently radiate disapproval at Jason until Jason eats this food he brought over, puts on these clean clothes, lets Alfred clean up his place [those cockroaches are appalling] and sleeps for a little while, then allows Alfred to come back and check on him regularly to ensure he's still doing those things. Alfred knows how flighty Jason can be, so he'll be very undemanding, except in that disappointed-Alfred kind of way.

ALSO HI)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:52 pm

(Oookaaaay but Jason doesn't like it.)

Jason opens the door to the warehouse before Alfred knocks and looks at him. He clicks his tongue and looks at the door. "Well, shit. I thought I put up a sign - I don't buy girlscout cookies, so you better try a different house," he says, trying to sneer but not quite getting there because it's /Alfred/. He doesn't want to hurt Alfred, but he does want him gone. "I'm not buying."

(HI THERE how are yoooooooou)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:55 pm

(Yes, well, Alfred doesn't like that Jason is killing himself in his quest for revenge. They lost him once already.)

"I'm not selling anything," Alfred says mildly. He can see what Bruce means: Jason came back much angrier, much harder. The boy Alfred knew would have at least given Alfred a smirk, perhaps even a hug, if he had not seen him for quite some time. He lifts the container in his hands. "I never knew a young person who would pass up free food."

(HI I AM OKAY HOW ARE YOU)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:07 pm

(He learned nearly all of his self-destroying behaviour from Bruce.)

Jason looks at the container. "So, what, you bring me treats and everything's gonna be cool, that's the plan?" He already feels like he's twelve and he's done something wrong and Alfred's there /looking/ at him. But fucked if he's going to apologise this time. Not when he's done nothing. Yet. "Did Bruce put you to this? What am I saying. You found me, so he musta told you where I am. Is he out there?" Jason leans past Alfred, looking around.

(I AM OKAY I am cold and tired, though, so sleep soon but OKAY)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 pm

(Alfred fully recognises that.)

"Most likely, Master Jason." Alfred looks at him with infinite patience. "I brought you food because I thought you might be hungry."

(Mm sleep, what is that again?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 pm

(Sad sigh.)

"Yeah-huh," Jason considers all of this, and what it could mean if he lets Alfred in. And how dangerous it could be if he just left Alfred out there. "You know I'm not your problem anymore, right?"

(ahahahaha oh man sleep the terrible bastard. Have you been the not sleeping Noc?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

"I don't consider you a problem at all, Master Jason."

(I have indeed been the not sleeping. Well, I got three hours this morning because mum made me, but I just couldn't sleep last night. :\)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next