[Sentinel] Jason's Homecoming

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Jason's Homecoming

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:42 pm

(Okay I still do not know what to do. Shittyfucknuts. Um. Right. jaksldjfa;klsdf this isn't going to be good)

The world goes black and when Jason comes to, it's like a flashback. Or one of his nightmares. Sore head, which /never/ helps his mental state these days, tied to a chair, looking at that freak in facepaint. Not good. Not good. He starts to panic, but manages to breath like a normal person. A little.

"Fuck, you're still an ugly bastard," he says, almost casual, and tests the ties on his wrists. Goddamned sonofabitch is also still really good at knots. Great. He couldn't have slipped up in that department while Jason was underground, nooooo.

The clown's laughter makes his skin crawl. It makes his stomach turn. It makes his panic a little more defined because he realises that his nightmares hadn't got it /spot on/, no, it's so much worse than he remembered. Ragged and joy-filled and manic and terrible. Jason closes his eyes and tries to think, tries to get some kind of leverage here. But all he feels from the weirdo is - what's always there. A jumble of rage and joy and swirling emotions. It's hard to get a grasp on him. He's always throwing someone for a loop, no matter who or what they are.

"Bird breath, that /is/ you," the Joker says, voice scratchy and somehow purring even when it pitches high. "I thought so. You were my favorite, you know."

"Yeah, I bet."

"No, really! You were. I doubt the new boy blunder would keep breathing for as long as you did. You even came back!" and the clown's voice, everything that he is radiating it, is victorious, like it's just what he always wanted. Fuck, why didn't Bruce kill him? How could he leave /this/ alive? The question that's always at the back of Jason's mind comes back, full force and beating at him, and it doesn't even make him mad. He's too far down the PTSD rabbit hole by now. It just tears at his heart, making him gasp for air. "You came back and now we get play more. Won't that be /fun/?"

"Yeah," Jason rasps, swallowing hard and forcing himself to talk casually even if he's gasping for breath. Fuck this piece of filth. He didn't get Jason to freak out and scream last time, it's not going to happen now. "Yeah, it'll be a goddamned riot. How about to untie me and we'll see how much fun I can be this time 'round."

The Joker taps his lip with something and for a second - one sickening, world-turning second - Jason thinks it's the damned crowbar. But his eyes focus again and it's just a cane. Just a cane. Must be some kind of new gimmick. Fuck.

"You're gonna love this, pumpkin," the Joker smiles. Of course he smiles, he's always smiling. But he smiles wider, showing too many teeth. Jason shudders and he hates himself. "I actually am going to let you go. I told you that you're my favorite. And I'm even going to let you take a crack at me. Think you can handle it?"

"Born ready, precious," Jason growls back. The damned clown howls with laughter.

"Ha. Hahaha. Haha. Oh, I remember just how ready you were. But here's the kicker; your old pal Brucie-baby is about to get himself in a spot of trouble. You remember how this dance goes, right?"

Jason licked his lips. Of course it's this. The Joker fucking loves this plan. "I think I can remember some of the steps."

(aaaaaaand okay I am stopping there because this became a badly written monster)
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:24 pm

(Noooooo keep going, this is brilliant! Jason needs to make or not-make his choice!)

Bruce unties the knot around his ankles and flips neatly down to the floor. Dick taught him that move. He inspects the room for some sign of the greater trap. Joker loves his zone-inducing traps. There's probably strobe lights, or toxic gas. Hell, sneezing powder's been known to drop Bruce.

Bruce can definitely smell Jason now. He's here. What's going on outside?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 pm

(nnnnngh all my feels let me show them to you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh)

The Joker moves to sit on Jason's lap and if his ankles weren't tied as well he would buck and throw him off. But he has no leverage and the Joker knows it. All Jason can do is hyperventilate like a little bitch and turn his head away like the clown is some rank and infested thing on him. And he might as well be.

"He doesn't think you have it in you, y'know," he whispers like he's telling Jason this big secret, breath hot and sticky against Jason's skin. He nearly retches. "You /do/ know that, right?"

"What, that I won't kill you?" Jason says after a few deep breaths. "What makes you think that?"

"Oh, just a hunch. I know him pretty well, after all," the Joker replies, his tone a twisted sing-song. "Not as well as you, I'd wager. Aren't you supposed to be joined at the hip, anyhow? Hoo! Did he leave you at the alter?"

"God, I hate you."

The Joker grips Jason's face and makes him look him straight in those jaundiced eyes. "Didn't he want you after you came back?" he pouts, mockingly sympathetic. Jason makes a face. "I guess you were all sullied after I got my hands on you. Used and abused." And the rhyme seems to entertain the shit out of him; he starts shaking, laughing silently at first and letting it build, erupt into something that definitely makes Jason worry about seeing his lunch for the second time today. After a little while - though it feels like a fucking age - he slides from Jason's knee, disturbingly graceful, and points at the wall in front of them.

Two windows, those curtained. The usual thing. He'll put himself in one room and Bruce is in the other. Jason tries - he tries, dammit - to find Bruce, trying to feel him out, but he can't with his own brain this /fucked/.

"He's pretty coherent right now," the Joker says and it's obvious who he's talking about. "But give it a second. Soon enough he'll be in a room right music - I'm thinking Queen, have you heard those guys? - with flashing lights and," he barks out a laugh, once, then his voice goes low and hoarse and /so/ happy. He sounds like a wild animal, taught how to speak. "Do you have any idea how easy it is to get him these days? Thanks for that, kiddo."

Jason swallows, hard, and he can't think to be able to speak. The Joker's always had a hardon for those kinds of things, but Bruce has always had someone to look out for him. Always. Then the stupid fucker comes along to try to stop Jason tonight, obviously, and gets himself stuck again. And he's got no back-up. Dumb bastard.

"The gas that I'm using these days drops a big guy like Brucie in about forty-five seconds. I colored it especially for you, so you know how bad it's getting," he grins, wide and feral and disgusting and Jason heaves, which makes him grin wider. "Toodles, bird breath. I hope you pick the right one!"

Jason watches him leave the room for one of the curtained ones. The curtains lift at the same time, showing the Joker sitting on a damned throne and Bruce in the other. Jason has time to meet Bruce's eyes, feel the spike of worry from him at the sight on him messed up and tied to the chair, before the sensory onslaught hits him.

Fuck. Now how the hell is he going to manage this. He wiggles and grunts with effort to get out of the ties, but they give after a second. He stands, looks behind him, and sees that the clown had rigged the whole thing to loosen as soon and he sat his skinny, freaky ass down on the throne. Fucking scary clever, that bastard. Jason had forgotten. Which -- was stupid of him.

The Joker waves at him pleasantly when he turns back to the rooms. Jason shakes his head, ignoring him. Have to ignore him. The bile rises in his throat again and he fights it, stalking to the room with a helpless Bruce. What the fuck else was he going to do? They all knew it would end with him picking Bruce, the man that makes him feel like he's never good enough but he keeps trying anyway - and Jason feels like a failure.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Noise blares. Light strobes. Bruce loses sight of Jason as he doubles over, hands over his ears, his eyes--he can't protect himself against this without dialling right down to zero. Even one is too loud, too harsh. His back hits the wall as his senses spike wildly. He's searching for Jason and all he can hear is the Joker laughing, the small hiss of something, god, Bruce can smell it, something vile spilling into the room.

Bruce fights hard. He can't zone out now. Jason's going to go after the Joker and he needs to get himself out of here, needs to help Jason. Needs to survive.

His senses snap off.

(Oh my god Brave is awesomeeeeeeeeeee.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:45 pm

The Joker's laughing is ringing in his ears, even as he leaves and runs off to - wherever the hell he goes when he gets away with /even more/, and Jason tugs Bruce out of the room. It's an effort. Jason's a pretty big guy these days but Bruce is a tank, and he's lost right now. Fuck, Jason can't even imagine what it'd be like to be stuck in a room like that if you're a Sentinel.

So he saves Bruce's ass and sits him down on the ground outside it, pulling the curtain and closing the door so no gas comes out. He breathes. He can tell that there's more of Joker's guys around the building, but the whirling fury that's the Joker is long gone. Fuck it all.

He looks at Bruce and touches his chest. "Hey, B. Snap the fuck out of it, we don't have time for this," he says, and his voice could be a hell of a lot harsher.

(whaaaaaaaaaat oh man do you have it out there already? JEALOUSY. We don't get it until August >:[)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Jason's voice sinks into his mind and Bruce rises to meet it, his senses ticking up the dials. He's safe--his Guide is here. Bruce latches onto his heartbeat and his smell, and he takes a shuddering gasp of air as the world comes back into focus. "Jason." Bruce clutches at Jason's jacket, like he can't believe Jason's real. And he can't.

(Ouch, man. August. That's ages. Yeah, it came out here this week. IT'S FANTASTIC Merida is fan/tastic/.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:59 pm

"Yeah, it's me," he replies and even he can hear the defeated tone in his voice. Perfect. He had - everything, everything he has riding on getting that fucker. But he might as well get Bruce at least a little fighting fit before the klownz get bored and swarm them. He presses his hand a little more firmly to Bruce's chest. "How you doing there, big guy? Hey, protip: maybe next time, don't get caught."

(Ssssssssshhhhh no so much jealousy shhh)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm

The warmth of Jason's hand penetrates Bruce's chest. It hits him like a brick that Jason's really /alive/, and he twitches, suppressing the urge to throw Jason over his shoulder and drag him back to his cave. "I was just watching. Wanted to make sure you got out alive," he says gruffly.

(But it's sooooooooo /goooooooooooood/)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:28 am

Jason blinks at him. "Yeah, well," he says a little lamely and looks away. He takes a steadying breath and pulls Bruce's arm around his shoulder and stands, heaving the giant bastard up to his feet. "Now we gotta worry about both of us getting out of here alive."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:34 am

Bruce doesn't want to put all his weight on Jason; it goes against every fibre of his being to put everything on Jason, to not be out front protecting Jason. But he's struggling at the moment to balance his senses, and he just wants to /lean/ into Jason. "I'm not incapable," he manages to say. "Just--keep talking to me. I'm using you as my--" He can't find the word, and he leaves it. "I can still fight."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 am

Jason has no idea how he got back into this situation again. Oh, yeah. Fucking clown. He sighs, heavily. "Okay, fine, I'll keep talking. You're gonna regret ever fucking saying that to me, B."

(I am going to sleep sooooooon)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:10 am

"I didn't think I'd ever hear your voice again," Bruce finds himself saying. His hearing is starting to settle--he can stretch out into the rooms nearby and hear threats incoming, so he and Jason aren't totally unprepared. They won't get jumped again, either of them.

(Aw maaaaaaaan but we should not go to dreamland, 'tis a silly place)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:22 am

"Jesus, Bruce," Jason sighs. "What the fuck am I supposed to say to something like that?" It makes him angry, actually, because it makes him feel like something's eased in his chest. Bruce has no right to be able to undo all the shit he'd done to Jason with a few words. It's not fair. None of this is fair.

(Tis. But I need it or I'll go batshit. HAH batshit gettit)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 am

Bruce falls quiet. He can't tell Jason what to say to that. He has no idea what it's like to die and come back. He can hear--feel, through their bodies pressed together--Jason's heartbeat picking up. "You can tell me to fuck off, if you want," he offers after a moment. "If it would help."

(I do in fact get it, heh. And the quality of that joke perhaps means that you need sleep. Razz I may also need sleep.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:35 am

Jason laughs, though there's little humor in it. "I already have, B," he says. "You don't listen. And I just got you to swear. That's a fucking win for tonight, I guess. Fuck." He shakes his head. "/Fuck/ this night."

(Hahahaha yeah, this sounds like a plan for both of us. It is normal people afternoon for me and edging towards stupid people o'clock for you. Go sleeeeeeep the Noc. I know I will. GOODNIGHT <333)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 am

You could get me to do a lot of things right now, Bruce nearly says, but he manages to hold that one back. That's baring himself too much, far too much. And it's a little too Brucie. "Agreed. Nothing has gone to plan." He frowns very deeply, and reluctantly drops his arm from Jason's shoulder. "We have three individuals approaching from the north-east."

(HAVE GOOD SLEEPS goodniiiiiiiiiiight~ &hearts;!)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Jason grunts, kind of annoyed that he's missing the weight around his shoulders. For a second there, it was almost like old times. Almost. "I'm gonna shoot the fuckers. If you have a problem with this then leave now. Lock me up later. I'm done dancing around shit right now."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Bruce pauses for a moment. "I don't have a problem with kneecaps."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Jason grits his teeth and shakes himself out. "Fine," he bites out. "Fine. Kneecaps. I'll cripple the bastards. /Fine/."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

(Goddammit Jason now you have me feeling sorry for crazy bad guys. Stop that.) "Better that than dead," Bruce growls, and when the doors burst open, he lashes out with a powerful kick and sends one of the klownz into the wall. He's not helpless. He won't just stand by and let Jason defend him. They're a team.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

(He is very displeased with this turn of events.) Bruce is dangerous. He's always been dangerous, really. He taught Jason how to be dangerous, at first. And it's amazing to watch him work again, breathe in the fear that's rolling off the klownz when they see their buddy go down, the lurching terror when Jason comes out from behind the wall of a man that Bruce is and shoots the klown on the floor neatly in the knee, then another without thinking before he can run away. There's a vicious, feral joy in it. Actually doing something and not sucking or falling into a panic attack.

And it does help that they're wearing clown make-up, Jason's not gonna lie.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:47 pm

(Which turn of events, precisely? There are several he could be displeased with.) Bruce knocks out the one Jason shot, to stop his screams of agony--his hearing is dialled up right now to listen for ambushes and the cries split his head. Once the klown is out, he turns to the third guy, who's fallen to his knees and started to babble for mercy.

Bruce isn't feeling particularly inclined towards mercy right now. They've threatened him and his Guide. They've bound them and hurt them. And there is no Nuremberg defence with klownz--they all know what they're doing when they do it, and they do it with glee, not just to follow orders.

He picks the klown up and smashes him into the wall.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 pm

(Well, okay, he's displeased with a lot of things right now. Number one being that he didn't even get to punch the Joker. But mostly he is displeased that he got you feeling sorry for asshole klownz.)

Jason chuckles a little, breathless but not from any exertion. He just feels like something eased in his chest from watching these fuckers go down.

"Remind me to thank whatever lucky stars I have left that you have a soft spot for an asshole like me, B."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:58 pm

(Well, it was only a little sorry. Because being crippled has gotta suck.)

Bruce drops the klown to the ground and glances at Jason. He knows Jason's killed people--he's guessed that well enough by now. He knows Jason came back from the grave broken and angry and full of hate. He knows Jason is exactly the kind of person Bruce would, should drop in Arkham. But he's Jason. Bruce can't--won't abandon him like that.

"You're family," Bruce says simply.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:09 pm

(Sucks for them for picking the side against Jason.)

Jason looks away, examining his gun to give him something to do. "Right," he says, gruffly. He turns to go walk out the way the Joker went. "Come on. We'll get you out and being the hero that Gotham needs or whatever."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:14 pm

(True that.)

Bruce is not looking forward to stepping out into sunlight again--his eyes are very sensitive right now. But he knows Jason's right; they have to get out of here. "You don't believe in me anymore," he says after a moment.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Jason freezes and takes a breath like he's been punched. "Look," he starts, not really knowing where he's going. "I know you're real good at what you do. You're the best. I get that. And I've never, not /once/, questioned that. You ever think that maybe I don't believe in me anymore? I'm not that kid. I'm not who you remember, and I'm not family. I'm someone else." He tugs at his hair, pulling at the shock-lock without thinking. Agitated. "And, you know what? If you weren't proud of the kid I used to be, how the fuck are you going to be proud of this mess? Get the /fuck/ over that fact of life, Brucie. Move on. I've had to."

He starts stalking forward again.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Bruce grabs Jason's shoulder and turns him around. His expression is nothing short of shocked. "Jason, I was so proud of you when you were Robin. You lived up to all of my expectations; you took to everything I taught you like a fish to water. You wanted to do something good with your life. That was something of which I could be proud." How could Jason possibly think Bruce wasn't proud of him? He never said it, that's true, but if he'd been disappointed with Jason he never would have made him Robin, never would have taken him out around Gotham with him. "And just now, when you had your revenge within your grasp, you chose to save my life instead. I'm proud of you /now/, too, Jason."

Last edited by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Jason shakes him off, snorting bitterly. "Yeah, I feel awesome about that, by the way. I've been working torwards that since I - since I came back."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Bruce lets his hands fall. He wonders if Jason can feel how much Bruce wants to just drag him home and fix him. Bruce doesn't even know how to fix Jason--doesn't know how to fix anyone--but he wants to try. "I know. You didn't have to save me. Thank you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 pm

Jason sighs, and looks honestly crestfallen. "Yeah. I did have to save you. Don't mention it," he says dully. He turns to walk on again. "C'mon. Alfie'll be freaked if you don't get back soon."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:16 pm

"Will you come home with me?" Bruce asks. He's fully prepared for an answer in the negative--the vehement negative, even. He rarely feels hope. But right now there's a little tendril of it curling in his chest.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Jason takes stock of himself, rubbing at his arm absently. He's tired and emotionally worn out. He's still covered in sweat. His boots stink of vomit. He doesn't really have anywhere else to go, since he gave up the warehouse the night before. It was kind of nice to be back on the streets, in a horrible way. Nostalgic. But he can't do that right now. "If I go back with you," he says carefully, slowly. "I'm only going to stay for a night. Two, at most, if Alfie gives me trouble. I'm not going to make nice with the replacement. I'm not going to - play family with you guys."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Bruce tries to think of the last time he 'played family' with anyone, and is slightly concerned when he realises he can't remember. "All right. Just--" let me take care of you is decidedly not what he lets himself say, mostly because he'd be bad at it and Jason wouldn't want him to, "take as much or as little time as you want." His head snaps up as he hears footsteps approaching; he's no longer sure if it's klownz or police. "We should get moving."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Jason hates doing this, being in this situation, this whole night - but he has to admit; it's nice being around a Sentinel again. Early warning system like nothing he could ever cobble together. "Lead the way, B," Jason bends in a sarcastic bow.

(maaaaan I had the tab closed and everything and JUST opened it when you replied HOW IS THAT FOR TIMING)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Bruce grasps Jason's shoulder again, briefly squeezing. Then he heads towards the vague scent of outside.

(OUR PSYCHICS THEY ARE BACK)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:25 pm

God, Bruce with his /touching/. Jason doesn't remember him being this touchy. Not that, not that it really matters what he can remember or not. Sometimes he's not sure if his memories are even real so, fuck, maybe Bruce was a toucher. Who the fuck knows anymore? He follows, scowling, not looking forward to the next hour or so at all.

(FUCK YEAH also, skip ahead to them getting to the Manor, unless you have something planned?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Mostly Bruce wants to touch /Jason/, because despite the fact that he may have ruthlessly snapped his dials off and notched them back up again, there's no denying that he suffered a pretty bad zone out back there and his senses are still reeling. And Jason is /right there/, his anchor, his Guide, and he can't use Jason to ground himself beyond Jason's heartbeat and scent.

They fight their way out of the building, just a couple more klownz to drop, and head back to the Manor--probably separately, Bruce in a car and Jason on his bike, unless Jason agrees to be driven. Which I doubt.

Alfred can probably sense Bruce's low hum of satisfaction and pleasure a mile away. Jason saved his life then agreed to come home, at least for a night or two. Bruce is almost /happy/.

(Skipping is good to me! Dude: Jason will get to meet Damian and Snooze now.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Whereas Jason feels terrible. Sick and shaky after the adrenaline crash, an utter failure and slinking back to the Manor to boot. He would give anything not to be him right now. He masks it with anger, like he always does. Angry at everything, anyone. Mostly Bruce. Mostly the fucking house that was supposed to be home but isn't anymore. He doesn't even notice that he's too wrapped up in his own fucked up emotions and guilt that he doesn't pick up on anyone but Bruce. He's all out of whack anyway. If he did notice, it wouldn't surprise him.

(Aw, they are going to be so disappointed with him, aw.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 pm

So I think that when they walk into the Manor, Bruce will likely shepherd Jason straight to wherever Alfred is, because Alfred's the one most able to get Jason showered, fed and into clean clothes without him leaving or it becoming a fight. And Bruce will tell Alfred everything that happened, and then Alfred will say to Jason something along the lines of, "I would rather have Bruce alive than the Joker dead."

(Probably, yeah. Talia probably built Jason up in Damian's mind. Snooze has probably wormed the story out of Dick or Tim, but at least he'll be somewhat impressed with the coming-back-to-life bit.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm

"Yeah? Well, I don't know how I feel about it right now," Jason replies, bone-deep tired. And sulky.

(Poor little bastards. Not to mention that it's going to be pretty difficult for Jason to process these two kids looking at him with Bruce's eyes and - yeah. Jason's not the best for seeing them right now.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Bruce hopes that once he's had some sleep Jason won't regret saving him so much. He doesn't let the stab of unhappiness show in his face, but Alfred is probably well aware of it.

Bruce begs their leave to go shower. He probably won't eat, with his sense of taste shooting up and down the scale, but he'll sit with the young ones as they do.

(They'll probably basically look like twins at that age, won't they? Except Snooze will be leaner, Damian mote muscled.)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Alfred will be able to tell Bruce that Jason doesn't really regret it. There's regret, but not enough when he says that to mean it's about Bruce. Because he'll feel one hell of a lot of shit coming from Jason, who can't really mask anything or hope to right now. Too much happened, too much to process and deal with. Not to mention the amount of help he had to get from Talia to just be able to function on this level. Without her, now, after depending on her for so much lately - well. He feels a little lost.

He'll shower and change at Alfred's tutting, though, and everything else. He wants to be comfortable for a little while. Just a little while. He thinks he's earned a little bit of weakness for a night.

(AWWWW yes they will yes please)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Alfred will definitely find some tactful way to let Bruce know about Jason's mess of feelings. He'll also find some clean, comfortable clothes of Bruce's for him to wear (which Bruce will like, Jason covered in his scent). Then down to the dining room. It's entirely possible that Snooze cooked dinner, since Alfred has been occupied with Jason.

(now I keep thinking twincest, why does my brain always jump to this with with these two)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:46 pm

I see Jason coming down to eat because he's starving, but holding himself like he's been beaten up a lot more than he was. He doesn't say anything, mostly because the seat he would have usually sat in is taken by one of the boys - which hurts, but that's cool, he really didn't expect this to be easy - while he slips into one of the other seats.

(What do you mean with these two, your brain always jumps to that no matter what XD)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down