[Sentinel] Tim Tam and Mars Bart

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Sentinel] Tim Tam and Mars Bart

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Bart feels so happy - Tim is going to sleep like a baby tonight, he can tell. He's never felt so warm and pleased with life. "It's just by my door," he points. He waits until Bart tosses the clothes and the towel, then holds his hand out. "Can you smell whether dinner is ready or not?"
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Bart takes Tim's hand and lifts his face into the air, breathing in the various scents floating in the hall. His stomach growls. "Not ready yet," he says, "but very, very soon. It's still in the oven," he adds, piggybacking his hearing on his sense of smell and hearing the hum of the oven.

Then he looks at Tim, surprised. "How big is this place? Because I don't think I've ever been able to control the distance so easily."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 am

Tim squeezes his hand, grinning. Maybe a little smug. "I was just wondering how quick it would be for you to get a little better, a little more honed. I just - any time that I've seen a paired Sentinel and Guide, the Sentinel gets better quickly. Like the Guide was all they needed," he might have thought about this a lot, how he could never help anyone in the house. Not really, anyway. Dick let him stick around and tried, Bruce had Alfred even when he didn't have Jason, and the younger Wayne boys - well. "...the Manor is about the same size as a small village, I'd say."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:35 am

"So just the right size for a Sentinel in training," Bart grins. As he brings his senses back in--he doesn't want to get overwhelmed or startled by something he can't expect--something in his brain clicks and he realises Tim is like a blank slate again. He smells like himself and hot water.

That just won't do. Bart uses their joined hands to reel Tim in and he rubs his cheek against Tim's, then drags his face down to Tim's neck, his eyes sliding closed in bliss and concentration. Inside he's thinking shit, wait, gotta stop, Tim won't like this, stop, stop, stop but he doesn't stop. He won't until Tim pushes him back, if Tim pushes him back. He hasn't got very good self-control.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:40 am

Tim is caught off guard. "Bart, wha--" he starts, but anything he was going to ask kind of dies unceremoniously in his throat. He tilts his head back, letting Bart scent him properly, fix him right up. Tim wasn't aware of it at the time, but this must've been why he was feeling awkward and a little sad around his Sentinel; he wasn't claimed even in the slightest sense.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

Bart pulls Tim right in against him as he rubs his scent over Tim's throat--both sides, tipping Tim's head first one way, then the other. He holds both of Tim's hands tightly, their fingers twined together. Finally, after some time just resting his face in the crook of Tim's neck, inhaling their combined scent and breathing against Tim's skin, he pulls back. He looks drugged and sleepy and way too pleased with himself; this might be how he'd look if he'd just come.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 am

Tim looks flushed and probably slightly wild. He fixes his hair and works on calming his breathing. "That was unexpected," he says, just joking around. Or trying to.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:49 am

"I thought it might happen," Bart says. "Remember? I said, after your shower, I'd probably want to scent you again." He rubs a hand through his own hair, smiling bashfully. "I wasn't expecting it to be so much like a--a /need/, though."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:56 am

"I'm glad you did," Time admits quietly, like a secret. Even though there's no such thing as secrets in this house. "I feel better now. I was worried - I was thinking too much about the others. Now I don't care what they say to me. I'm your Guide and nothing they can say can change that and I don't care." He smiles, kind of blissful and a lot relaxed, and closes his eyes. He's never not cared before.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 am

"Damn right," Bart says, a little fiercely. "They don't matter. I'm proud to be your Sentinel, proud to be yours and that you're mine."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 am

Tim smiles. He licks his lips and takes a little while to figure out how to say this. "Y'know," he starts, still holding onto Bart's hand. "No matter what /you/ think? I think you're awesome."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:32 am

Bart gives Tim a surprised smile. "Really? I mean, good, cool. We're both awesome. Yeah?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:40 am

Tim smiles and tugs Bart down the hall towards the dining room. Now he's definitely going to enjoy introducing Bart to the family.

(GASP OMG HER FATHER'S A HUNTER OH JEEZ I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 am

Bart's actually looking forward to being introduced. He hasn't spent much time with other Sentinels or Guides, and these are Tim's people--Tim's family. They're gonna be in Bart's life for a hell of a long time. He sticks close to Tim and scouts out ahead of them, listening for others as they make their way to the dining room.

(So there'd be Alfred, Bruce and Jason, Damian and Snooze? Would Colin and Mitz be around yet? And I don't think Dick and Bruce have sorted themselves out yet, so he's probably not there, either.)

(I can't tell if you're serious or not)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:59 am

When they're at the door, Tim pauses and turns Bart to him. He doesn't say anything - no point, since nearly everyone would be able to hear them - but he looks at Bart, silently asking him if he's okay and ready to go.

(I don't think Mitz'd be there, but Colin might be? Dick's definitely not there. He's - yeah. Issues.)

(No, I was being sarcastic, but in a good way. This is trash but it's pretty enjoyable, I must say.)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Bart squeezes Tim's hand and nods. He's as ready as he'll ever be. He's quite nervous, but curious all at once.

(Damian would probably start dragging Colin around with him everywhere once he finds him, aw. Damian is probably also marginally more pleasant to be around when Colin is nearby.)

(And suddenly BOOM you're on episode ten)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 am

Tim inhales, nods, and opens the door. As soon as he's walking to the table with the rest of family, he at least seems like he's calm and collected. He doesn't let go of Bart's hand. And he won't. /defiant

(oh my god Dami you are adorable)

(Fffffahahaha I have the boys now watching it, it's hilarious)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:23 am

Bart won't let go of Tim's hand, either. He takes in all of these faces curiously--a little overwhelmed, because they're all such strong presences, and no wonder Tim has trouble with them, it's hard just to breathe in this room without feeling like you're stepping on someone's toes--and offers a tiny, nervous smile at Bruce, who's the only one he recognises.

(pft no what shut up)

(yesssssssssssssss soon all the world will be watching moooahahhahaha)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 am

Jason watches them both carefully, glances at Bruce, then kicks Damian under the table. "Hey, prince. Do they reek of each other? Have they done the nasty?"

Tim goes bright red and looks at the table, breathing for a second before looking up. He's talking to Jason, so his voice is controlled if timid. "I don't think that's any of your business," he says, then clears his throat and addresses the table. "This is Bart Allen. He's from Central City and he's my Sentinel. He'll be staying here. We'll - we'll stay out of everyone's way. I know there are a lot of us now and we'll stick to our own... area."

(*babytalks*)

(aaaugh so much indoctrination)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

"It's great to meet all of you," Bart pipes up. He's really kind of desperate for the others to like him; he's always a little desperate for people to like him. "I--"

"Central City? I've never been there," Colin says suddenly. He can feel the defensiveness pouring off Tim, and the need for acceptance from Bart, and it tugs at his heartstrings. He clutches at Damian's hand but bravely goes on. "What's it like? I'm Colin, by the way, I'm Damian's Guide, it's nice to meet you, too."

Bart is lost for words. "It's--it's beautiful, it's all really clean and lots of trees and..." He licks his lips and trails off. "Yeah. It's nice."

Bruce can just about taste the tension in the air. "Sit, boys," he finally says, taking pity on them.

(check this out: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9sffrH71p1qdtls8o1_500.png)

(ehehehehehehe you love it really)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Tim squeezes Bart's hand and tugs him down to sit properly at the table. He has a tiny smile on his face, and it's not entirely all because of Damian's confusion at Colin being so sweet to the new kid.

Jason watches in silence for a while, even waits until Alfred brings out the first course - but he has to ask. He has to, it's almost killing him. "Why him?" he asks Bart. He motions to Tim with his soup spoon. "I mean, I know there isn't much choice in the matter, and if you don't wanna be here then you have my fucking sympathy, but why him? Is he a good Guide, or what?"

Tim is honestly so embarrassed that he can't divine anything from anyone else. He's frozen, staring at his tomato soup and holding onto Bart's hand like a lifeline.

(BRUJAY)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Bart watches the smile fall from Tim's face and feels a rush of anger. Tim wasn't joking--they really don't like him. How could they not like him? They're his family. "Why him?" Bart echoes. "Because he's mine--my Guide, and already my friend," He squeezes Tim's hand. "He's a /great/ Guide. My senses have been out of control for months, but I haven't had one slip all day today. I could smell dinner from my room." His voice is tightly controlled. There's a threat to his Guide and he wants to take it out. "If I had the chance to choose my Guide again, I'd pick him again immediately."

(I KNOW hrng)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Tim's mouth twitches into a smile as he leans into Bart a little, thanking him silently. He manages to shake off his embarrassment, shake off all the self-doubt and self-loathing clouding up his abilities and reads what he can from Bart. Sincerity. Anger. Protectiveness. Tim realises that maybe silent thanks won't be good enough right now. "Thank you," he breathes, whispers. Bruce and Damian would be able to hear him, no doubt, but Jason won't. That's all that matters. Tim can handle the demon prince teasing him, but it hurts a little more when Jason does.

Jason, who is watching Bart very closely. Then he looks at Bruce, almost defensively. "I'm still better."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:06 pm

Any time, Bart mouths, calming slightly as he registers the warmth of Tim's body leaning into his and remembers to breathe again. At Jason's statement, the pieces fall into place for Bart--his brain is fast when he wants to work something out, and this is a puzzle that was going to bother him. This one who smells so strongly of Mr. Wayne must have been afraid that having an unbonded Guide around the house would cause his Sentinel to stray.

Bruce settles a hand on Jason's thigh. "For me? Without a doubt. Eat your soup."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:21 pm

"Sure thing, pops," Jason snarks and goes back to eating his soup like he didn't just nearly ruin everything. Damian makes a face at Jason and Bruce. Disgusting.

Tim doesn't mind so much. He likes that Bruce is calmer now that Jason is here. And there's a certain kind of relief coming from everyone but Colin and Damian (who either don't notice or don't understand or don't care), so he relaxes some. A crisis has been averted, he thinks. Thanks to Bart.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 pm

(That's probably the most drama one dinner can handle, snicker--I'm thinking Snooze might be off having a sleepover with Mitz, or at Selina's, or something, so that explains his absence. Anyway: should we move on to the boys being excused from the table?)
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:31 pm

(Too many characters to choose from x_x also yes, yess, have a prepubescent Sentinel Snooze have to sit through dinner at Mitz's, that'll be good for him >.> Okaaaay sure, um)

Just after dessert is served (Tim even has a bite or two, he's so pleased with how things are going), Tim tugs at Bart's hand lightly and jerks his head to the door. He owes Bart a gigantic amount of scenting/snuggling, and Tim wants to get out of dodge before another fight breaks out for no reason.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Bart slurps up the last of his ice-cream--he eats his dessert fast, like he's never seen food before--and nods. "May we be excused?" he asks Mr. Wayne.

Bruce hides his amusement at being asked for permission. "Go on."

Bart slides out of his chair.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:43 pm

Tim gets up, nods at Bruce, ignores everyone else and brings Bart out and up the stairs again. He doesn't talk all the way to Bart's room, but he does give Bart little looks as if to keep checking that he's there.

As soon as they're in the room and the door is closed behind them, Tim exhales and looks at Bart solidly. He breaks into a too-sharp smile. "That went better than I thought it would."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Bart gives an exaggerated exhale. "Sometimes I thought you were gonna squeeze my fingers off," he jokes a little. "It'll get better," he says hopefully. "They'll get used to me. And I won't stop defending you no matter what they say, so either they'll stop hurting you or me defending you'll become a regular part of dinner," he goes on in a rush, stumbling over what he's saying because of nerves.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Tim shrugs a little. "It's not that bad," he says, and he means it. "It's gotten better since Bruce's son bonded. Mostly they just don't talk to me, and dinner's nice and quiet. ...sorry about your hand." Tim winces and looks away, rubbing the back of his neck.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:53 pm

"No, I liked it," Bart says, blushing a little himself. "Makes me feel connected to you, y'know?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:08 am

"It was really nice to have you there," Tim nods, agreeing. "I don't just mean because of standing up to Jason. Which, by the way, was incredibly impressive. Jason's, uh, he's a scary guy. But, I mean, it's always just them - and they're all bonded - and sometimes Snooze and then me. It was nice to have someone. I like having you around. Thank you."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:11 am

"My pleasure," Bart says, a little shy. "I agree, by the way, it's really nice to have someone. Someone who's just yours, like when everyone pairs off, that's who you get paired off with. It's nice." He takes Tim's hand again and pulls him over to the sofa, where the television is. "I haven't had many friends since my senses came online--couldn't go and hang out at all. So--I'm right in saying that we're friends, yeah?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:20 am

"We're friends," Tim confirms, laughing a little. He didn't think he could make friends this easily. He lets himself be dragged, another thing he didn't think he was capable of - being touched so much - and sits down on the couch really close to Bart. "What do you want to watch?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:22 am

"What have we got? I guess you've got cable?" Bart asks, scrambling for the remote as he lets his feet brush against Tim's. He just likes being connected to Tim somehow. It doesn't have to be at the hand, but that's one of the nicest ways so far. "There's probably something on one of the movie channels. Are there any movies in here?"

He's already thinking of things they could watch that he's seen a hundred times that means he could maybe snuggle up to Tim and press his face into his neck for two hours without being called out too badly for it.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:42 am

"I have a bunch of DVDs in my room, but they're probably not all that good," Tim shrugs. He relaxes into the couch and leans into Bart. "Put on something fun? What kind of movies do you like?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:16 am

"Oh, I have way too many favourites," Bart says. "I like them for all sorts of different reasons. Being funny, or big explosions, or believable characters, or, I don't know, a romance that makes me want one, stuff like that," he chuckles. "Let's see." He settles in next to Tim and starts clicking through the channels. "Stop me if you see something you want to watch."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Tim nods and looks to the tv. He might be a little stiff, sitting oddly for a little while as he thinks through some things. He doesn't want a relationship. He knows that. Or, rather, he wants a relationship but he doesn't want it to be - /overly/ physical. Ahem. He doesn't know how to approach that more than he already has with Bart, though, and he feels bad about thinking about this kind of thing when he promised Bart movies and scenting.

He settles, slowly, against Bart even more. He eventually tucks himself into Bart's side. His skinny side. He pokes Bart playfully. "You need more of Alfred's cake and ice-cream," he says quietly.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:17 pm

"I eat a lot, actually," Bart grins. "Like, so freaking much you'd think I'd have cavities. But I just stay skinny." He finally settles on something like Independence Day and drops the remote. The warmth from Tim's body is settling into Bart's skin and it's damn nice, not suffocating like it is when Bart's in the middle of a crowd. "Maybe if we keep working out I'll get a body like yours."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:40 pm

"No, no," Tim grins. "I don't mean you should change or anything. And this," he gestures to himself. "This is all because Bruce was angry and a little freaked at losing his Guide, then I turned up. I'm super-trained for anything now." Tim laughs softly. "This was part of Bruce punishing himself. I don't want this for you."

Tim pauses, blinks. "I mean, uh, whatever you want, actually. If you want to work out for three months straight, that's fine. I'll help."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:48 pm

"Well, I wouldn't mind being super trained for everything," Bart says, grinning. "How else'm I gonna keep up with you?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:51 pm

"Okay," Tim says. "I can ask Bruce to help me make up a training schedule and we can get started as soon as you want."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 pm

"Cool," Bart says. "You and me, we'll be awesome once you train me up," he adds, pleased.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:02 pm

"I like us right now as well," Tim admits quietly, looking at the screen but not watching. "But we'll be a force to be reckoned with, definitely."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down