[Star Wars] Homecoming

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Star Wars] Homecoming

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Snooze casts a glance over his shoulder at the Council chambers, where Dhjet is discussing something with the Council via vidcom on the door. They still have time. Snooze opens his arms, meaning to hug Mitz, but giving him enough time to gesture no if he chooses not to take it. "I would like to be a Knight by your side. I would be honoured to serve with you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 pm

Mitz doesn't hesitate to go for the hug. He's been so cold since they were first confronted by Jerel. Even thinking about the whole thing makes him feel cold. It's like he needs the warmth of Snooze's hug to feel like himself again and he's glad of the excuse. Snooze's words warm him further.

"It would be a great thing if we were to serve next to each other," Mitz says, slightly muffled by Snooze's robes and not caring at all. "The honor would be mine."
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Something inside Snooze settles, surrounded by Mitz and his unique Force signature. And his smell. He smells like clean robes and Temple food and Mitz, three smells that stand out to Snooze like big Coruscanti neon signs after smelling only the jungle for a year. After a moment--not long enough, his mind says, and at the same time, long enough--he loosens his arms, pulling gently at Mitz's braid as he withdraws. "We will be great Knights, one day," he says, and the words have weight in his mouth. They have certainty. Reality. "You, and me, and Mouse."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Mitz nearly aches with how much he wants that to be true, to be a real future for them. And he supposes he could ask for guidance from the Force to see if it could be true but he doesn't want to find out that it isn't possible.

"I can't wait to see you in action," he smiles widely. "Saving worlds and teaching younglings. It'll be the right thing to happen in the galaxy."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:35 pm

"First, the Trials," Snooze points out, through the pang of longing at having a child, or the closest thing a Jedi will ever have to one. "I will need your help, if you will give it. In preparation, of my body and my mind." He can honestly think of no one better to help him achieve the best state he can possibly be in. The Doctor usually leaves him with a tinge of frustration, feeling like there's something he missed, some high point he didn't quite achieve. Mitz never leaves him feeling like that.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:22 am

Mitz squeezes Snooze's arm, feeling as though Snooze is sad about something for a short time. "Always," he promises. "So long as it is in my power, I'll be by your side to help in any way I can. You know that, surely? Right?"

He glances over his shoulder to Dhjet, making sure he still has time with Snooze. The Council, annoyingly, will give Mitz a little more leeway than others but he doesn't like it when they do.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 pm

"I do. I know that. I trust you," Snooze says, knowing that it leaves him wide open for--anything, everything. Still. That is for the future. Right now, in the present, there is a sort of perfect trust. "It is your turn in front of the Council. I will wait for you, so we can meditate."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:35 pm

Mitz takes a breath, wishing Snooze would keep talking so that he doesn't have to go. Or that he could go in with Snooze. He's not alone with Dhjet beside him, but he doesn't feel as safe as he would with Snooze.

"Yes," he says, the realisation of what he has to say and talk about hitting him like bricks after the good news of Snooze's meeting. His dread settles heavily in his stomach. "Meditation would be sorely needed, I think." He tries to smile, laugh it off, but it doesn't quite take.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:45 pm

Snooze feels Mitz's mood shift as surely as the sun going behind a cloud. He takes Mitz's hands in his and rubs them, sharing his warmth. "Is this nerves about public speaking? Or did something happen on your mission?" he asks, very softly.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:13 am

Mitz smiles lightly at Snooze's hands working so hard to repel the cold that keeps trying to take Mitz over. "Can't it be both? If I could tell you, I would," he says, hoping Snooze still believes him. "I will ask the Council when I'm there. You'll be a Knight, soon. It would make sense for you to know--what, what we saw."

He squeezes Snooze's fingers and backs away. "The quicker it's done, right?" He tries to smile again. It's easier, this time, feeling the ghost of Snooze's warmth in his palms. "I will try very hard not to keep you waiting."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:54 pm

"Take whatever time you need. I can wait," Snooze assures him. He offers Mitz a tiny smile. "It will help me to practice my patience, will it not?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:01 pm

"Oh, yes," Mitz breezes, walking backwards to Dhjet so he can still keep talking. "That's something you need, isn't it? More practice in patience. As though you aren't the vision of patience every day you have to put up with me." Mitz grins, then finally turns and puts his hand on Dhjet's arm. He's as ready as he's going to be.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:11 pm

Snooze puts his hand to his chest in a Dathomirian holy gesture, a thing he picked up unconsciously sometime in the last year. "You? You are a delight. I am known for saying it."

Dhjet catches Mitz's hand and squeezes it once, imparting what support he can from the brief touch, and opens the door to the Council chambers. "Shall we?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Mitz's eyes are full of devotion before he turns to Dhjet and nods. "Please, Master. Yes. Let's--yes. I'm...yes."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Dhjet enters the chamber ahead of Mitz and greets the Council, introducing them both, outlining their mission. Then he hands the floor to Mitz, to their chosen one. He knows the Council has always been--a bit miffed, to put it lightly, that Mitz ended up in Dhjet's teaching, rather than with one of their hotshot favourites, but they cannot deny that Dhjet and Mitz have been and continue to be an effective partnership.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Mitz stands for a moment in silence, trying to find a way to explain himself--their situation. Before anyone can prompt him to go on, Mitz speaks. He talks about how their original mission became that of hunting, being hunted. He tells the Council everything that Jerel said to him, very jibe and insult that sits in his memory. He tells them about his fears behind the idea of the prophecy concerning the both of them, him and Jerel, and how it doesn't have to be like this.

He tells him that Jerel and his Master called each other Sith. He apologises for failing to end it when he had a chance, but he couldn't kill his brother at the time. He apologises for the bad news. He apologises for everything he can think of.

He forgets to ask if he can tell people about it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:50 pm

Master Davosin Lalit is the first to speak after Mitz's litany of apologies. They think, briefly, that they have put far too much pressure on their chosen one, if this is how he approaches the council to speak of a mission. "Murder of any kind is not taken upon oneself lightly, even in defeat of a Sith," Master Lalit advises. "Take time. Meditate upon the matter. You will come to the right decision." They sit back on their chair. "We have heard rumours of Sith walking again. We did not give these rumours credence. But now, with a report from one of our own..."

Master Fissiongold scowls. "They may call themselves Sith, but they are pretenders to the name. No true Sith walks. This, we know. We know it, Master."

Master Lalit shakes their head. "This talk of the prophecy being able to apply to either brother, this is something we must investigate further. We must contact the Jedi who brought Mitz to the Order. We must investigate this brother. We have been searching for new knowledge on interpretation of the prophecy for years, and these people, whether they be Sith or not, obviously have knowledge that we do not."

"Padawan Mitz, you have done well." Master Tift has not taken his eyes from Mitz throughout the report and discussion. His face is set. "This was a difficult mission. You have proven yourself capable of conducting yourself with grace and ability, and also being able to keep your wits about you in times of intense stress. If," he says, with no hint of this being a test like the one he gave Snooze earlier, "you wish to investigate the matter of your brother further, we will provide you assistance."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Mitz's brow furrows as he thinks on this. He glances at Dhjet before he speaks but he doesn't meet his eyes, sure that this is the wrong answer but needing it to be said. "Master, I believe that a small strike force might be able to make contact with the Sith and his apprentice and attempt to speak with them without bloodshed," he says, aiming to sound confident and not knowing exactly how it ends up. "But the possibility of violence cannot be ignored. So I think I would need assistance, yes, but I also think that I need to be there. I believe that I can speak to my brother."

Mitz takes a breath and dives head-first. This, he thinks, is the part that's going to worry Dhjet the most. "If my advice is followed at all and there is a strikeforce assembled, I ask that I would be allowed to suggest the Knights to go. I don't claim any authority on the matter, only that I know the person that my brother might be and how he might react to certain people."

He pauses, frowns. "I know nothing of his master," he says, regretful. "But I do not think I would be able to speak with him. I do not know if anyone would."

He has to wonder which Jedi found him as a child, who they need to speak to. What the big deal is. As it is, he nods, satisfied that he's said all that he could say on the matter.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Master Tift inclines his head. "If that is your recommendation, then let it be part of your Knighthood Trials, padawan. This will be one of the most difficult conflicts of your life, and either you will master it, or it will master you. Master Dhjet, do you agree that your padawan has proved himself fit to match the Trials?"

Dhjet knew, from the moment they encountered Jerel, he'd have to form part of Mitz's trial. Mitz's instant connection with the boy is a source of trouble, concern, suffering--all the good stuff. He thinks that Mitz should have distanced himself, but can understand why he didn't. There's never been a challenge presented that Mitz hasn't tried his hand at.

"Mitz will do us all proud," he says.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm

Mitz really should have seen it coming, but he was too convinced that he would be scolded for bringing bad news to the Council that he couldn't predict it. He licks his lips, unable to think for the seconds it takes Dhjet to answer.

"Thank you, Master," Mitz says seriously, looking up at Dhjet. He takes his time speaking to the Council, not wanting to stumble over his words or seem too overwhelmed. "I would be honoured to begin my Trials by the will of the Council, and I hope to rise to meet your expectations."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 pm

Dhjet clasps Mitz's shoulder, encouraging strength and sharing comfort.

Master Lalit inclines their head. "Then go forth, padawan, and advise us of your next moves when you know them. Begin when you are ready, and no sooner."

It's as good a dismissal as any, and Dhjet releases Mitz and bows.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:15 pm

Mitz bows alongside him and leaves the room in silence with Dhjet. He knows Snooze is waiting outside, but he is in no rush to get out there. He's too stunned.

He needs to ask Dhjet if he thinks that Mitz really is ready for this. If Dhjet really, honestly does think so then it'll be fine, probably.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:20 pm

Dhjet shepherds Mitz out of the Council chambers. The door closes behind them, and Dhjet guides Mitz away from the listening devices the Council have plastered to the exterior of their door (a good trick, if you don't know about it, but Dhjet makes it his business to know things he shouldn't).

Snooze hears the door and turns away from the windows. He had spent his time in a very light kind of meditation, almost a trance, lulled by the lights and movements and the sun setting outside. He sees Mitz's stunned look, and knows at once that he has either very bad news, or very good, and if he had to guess--well, Snooze was feeling just like that only a short time ago. "How did it go?" he asks both of them.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:34 pm

Mitz works his mouth for a second or two, then shrugs. "I'm starting my Trials," he says, then smacks his head and completely forgetting to celebrate because he's already messed up. "And I forgot to ask their permission to speak of what we did. Master?" He looks to Dhjet for guidance on the matter.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:40 pm

"I think, in giving you permission to shape your mission yourself, the permission of speaking to others about it was implicit," Dhjet decides. "You'll have to talk to others if you want to bring them along with you. And you're not going alone," Dhjet warns him.

Snooze waits until Dhjet seems to have paused, then he reaches out to touch Mitz's shoulder. "Congratulations. I knew you could do it."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:37 am

Mitz gives Dhjet a sidelong look, both him saying I wouldn't dream of going alone and alright, you caught me, but smiles at Snooze. "I, uh, thank you. Thank you. I didn't think---I didn't /know/---but thank you, yes. Uh," he fumbles, then laughs a little and rubs the back of his neck. "We should go. You're surely sick of seeing this hall in particular. Shall we choose somewhere specific to mediate or just see where we end up?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:40 pm

"We should go and see which feels right," Snooze suggests. "Learn to trust in the Force, and all." He smiles at Dhjet. "Perhaps you and the Doctor should go commiserate over your padawans getting too big for their britches for the next while."

Dhjet laughs. "You couldn't get me down out of the clouds for about a week after I was told I was ready for my Trials. Enjoy it for as long as you can before the stress sets in."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 pm

"Before the stress sets in, Master?" Mitz says, then laughs nervously; all high-pitched and on edge for a moment. It's mostly for laughs but not entirely. "I think I might have skipped to the end, there. I mean, no, of course I'm happy." He smiles at Dhjet, then Snooze, then back to Dhjet. "And we will try not to be lost in meditation all night."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:36 pm

"Take as much time as you need," Dhjet says. "But I'll come retrieve the both of you for food, if you miss another meal." Honestly, giving both of them their Trials at once means that neither of them is going to be very good at supporting the other. Could be more dangerous.

"Being at peace within the Force will make everything clearer, tomorrow," Snooze reminds Mitz. "The stress will lessen." He hopes.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:42 pm

"Normally, I would agree with you," Mitz says, waving goodbye to Dhjet was he sweeps away. He has to remember to eat and stop being such a burden on his master. "But, but--well. Things are complicated."

He rubs his face, then gives Snooze a watery smile. "Let's walk and talk. If I tell you about my mission, I think I will feel much better. I've, I've wanted to tell you for ages. Since the first night on the ship, really."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Snooze starts to walk, his body tilted towards Mitz until they're walking in-step. "I have sensed that you have had something to say," he admits. "I am here to listen. And to help, if you need it, if you think I can help." He tries a small smile. "Even if you think I cannot help."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:45 pm

"You will definitely help," Mitz laughs through his nose, the dork. "Just by listening you will help. I just--don't know where to start. I suppose...well, I met my brother. My blood relation."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:37 pm

Snooze breathes out. "That must have been interesting." He never met any blood relations, so far as he knows, on Dathomir. He doesn't know how he would have reacted, if he did. It's the eternal unanswered question for Jedi: how will I react, if ever faced with the life I might have had? They're supposed to detach themselves from it, but...
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:40 pm

Mitz glances at Snooze and then away again. He fusses with his robes as they walk. "He, uh, he, well," he fumbles at first. He wants Snooze to know, he just doesn't want Snooze to look at him any differently. He wonders if he would. "He's...trained in the ways of the Force." That's one way to put it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:57 pm

"Without being a Jedi, I assume. Unless the Order took both of you and you did not know...?" But Snooze thinks this is not what Mitz is getting at. He would have come right out and said it if his brother was a Jedi, too. Or maybe he'd never gotten a Master, and been sent to the agri corps, or something like that?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Mitz slows to a stop, he's so consumed by thought. "No," he says eventually. "No, he's not in the Order. He was found and trained by a Sith." Mitz looks anywhere but at Snooze. "He's...he's...I don't know what they call their padawans. But that's what he is. And he, uh, he."

Mitz waves his hands helplessly but knows that he has to say what he wants to before Snooze starts suggesting words for him and making the explanation more difficult.

"He wants to kill me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:11 pm

"Apprentice," Snooze says, staring at Mitz, trying to parse the whole 'his brother wants to kill him' bit. He's done the readings on ancient Sith; he's always been decent with history, and with identifying non-Jedi Force methods on Dathomir, he had a lot of exposure to the term. "He wants to--he--why?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:38 pm

At least Mitz knows how to be exasperated by the next piece of information, and he rolls his eyes hard. "Guess? It's the blasted prophecy," he throws his head back and sighs. "It's more in-depth than I knew, but there's something about brother against brother. His master has convinced him that he has to kill me and then he will grow powerful." Mitz closes his eyes for a moment, then opens them and looks at Snooze to see his reaction.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:43 pm

"So the prophecy might apply to either of you," Snooze says. He looks horrified. "Do you have to kill him? Is that going to be--have they made that part of your Trial?" It would make sense, but a terrible kind of sense, a cruel kind of sense. The Jedi Order can be cruel, at times, with its distance and aloofness, but... he almost doesn't want to hear the answer. He doesn't want his belief in the /goodness/ to be wrecked, even if he has just spent a year in a jungle hellhole with people who hate him, mistrust him and abuse him just so the Order can get a little inside information.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 pm

"That's...not what they said," Mitz says, and leaves it at that. He's suspected since fighting with Jerel the first time that he might be told to do that. He wants to find another way, if there is one. "But I also asked to be given the chance to avoid that. I have to hunt him, though. I, uh, I, they are letting me build a team. To do that."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:17 pm

"Ah." Snooze breathes out, relieved that the Council didn't sanction murder, and a little ashamed that he thought they would have. "I will join that team, if you want me to. I will be there for you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Mitz smiles and exhales in relief. "I was going to ask you," he admits. "But I'm very glad you offered before I did. I didn't, I mean, I didn't want you to feel obligated. And I'm not sure when we would go. But I would be so glad to have you there. It was...Snooze, it was awful without you and Mouse."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:35 pm

"I don't feel obligated. I want to be with my friend," Snooze assures him. "Maybe that is a kind of obligation, but it is a good one, I swear. I can imagine, I think, what it was like. This whole year has been difficult for me too. I want to be there, with you. I think we can do better if we do things together."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

"I wish I could have been with you instead," Mitz says softly. "I would have ruined your mission but it might have been easier. I wouldn't have to think about my brother and how much he hates me. I suppose we wouldn't be up for the trials right now, would we, if I had been there to ruin your mission?" He smiles.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Snooze huffs a quiet laugh. "I hardly think you would have ruined it. But the Council had a purpose to sending me there alone. Maybe they had a purpose, sending you on your mission without me or Mouse. If it was to see how we would cope, then we survived, and did not fail. We can go it alone, but perhaps not we should not have to, since we have the choice."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next