[Star Wars] Homecoming

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Star Wars] Homecoming

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:16 am

Mitz nods, looking away for a moment. "I'm getting my own chambers, they said. They seem--extravagant. If there is room, then I think you and Mouse could bunk in. We're all on the same level, newly knighted. It shouldn't be a problem."

Especially since Mitz proved to the Council where his loyalty lies within his trials. He wonders if Snooze or Mouse had to. Probably not.
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:33 am

(They did Mitz, they did, you are not alone!) "I should like to see these chambers of the chosen one," Snooze teases gently. "We have our own new chambers, too. I expect the Doctor and Wildcat are both expected to take on new padawans as soon as possible, so we had to clear out."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:47 am

"Is that right?" Mitz looks over at Dhjet, who still has tired and distant eyes but is radiating a kind of relief that Mitz doesn't particularly want to unpack at the moment. He wonders if Dhjet will replace him, but he quickly shakes himself out of it. "I think the Doctor and the Wildcat deserve a break as well, if we're being honest with ourselves."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:51 pm

(Dhjet is totally relieved that Mitz decided to come back and not stay in the simulation.) Snooze glances at Dhjet as well. "They have had their hands full. We have been--perhaps not the easiest students." He nudges Mitz. "You should eat and drink something. You were in the simulation for some time. Then, sleep. Shall we?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 am

(Oh Dhjet. How well you know your padawan in order to have that worry) Mitz's stomach grumbles, betraying him. He winces. "How long was I in there? Where you in one, too? How long were you in there?" Probably short, Mitz thinks proudly. Snooze and Mouse must have seen through everything so quickly. They were model Jedis.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:58 pm

(I have no doubt the Jedi Masters have some input in creating the simulation.) "A while," Snooze says. He tilts his head towards the door. The congratulations and officiations are all over; they can leave, surely, especially to ensure Mitz's well-being. "I nearly lost myself. I am not sure exactly how long. I have been told not to dwell too much on when I was in the simulation and when I was out of it."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm

(Oh yes good perfect)
"I...received no such counsel but it makes sense," Mitz admits quietly. Mostly he's just been congratulated, given his new quarters, patted on the back. Guidance would be welcomed, if he was honest with himself, but he supposes he'll get less now that he's knighted. "No matter. Do you want to see if Knights get different food in the mess hall? I'm curious." A sure way to cheer Snooze up was to speak of food.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am

Snooze wonders if Mitz is trying to change the subject. He's willing to go along with it; he wants Mitz to have a good evening. Mostly after his own test, he felt lonely, with no Mitz or Mouse to celebrate with and promptly having to pack up all his things to move out of the Doctor's rooms. "I am always here for exploring new options in food. Do you really think Knights have better food? They did always seem to have better tables." With window views. There was always a small contingent of knights camped out in the best parts of every room--library, training rooms, dining, study halls.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:04 am

Mitz is absolutely trying to change the subject. He hates the idea of Snooze being unhappy for any reason. "We'll get those tables, now," Mitz smiles at Snooze. He supposes he could have gotten a good seat if he bothered; a lot of his fellow Jedis would offer their space for the Chosen One, even if none of them really knew what that meant. "That could be enough, maybe, if the food is no different."
He hopes the food is different, though. He's looking forward to seeing the look of pleased surprise on Snooze's face.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:33 am

Knights are expected to have good self-discipline, so most likely there's a wider range of food that they can choose rather than just having the Recommended for Padawans diet. Snooze, in his loneliness and his vigil over Mitz's trial, has just been getting food from the synthesiser in his new room, or picking at whatever supplies the Council provided for those waiting for Mitz to finish his trial. When they get to the dining hall, Snooze hesitates, considering the room with new eyes. Where to sit? Where to go? Who else is here?
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:23 pm

"Let's sit by the windows," Mitz says. He loves looking out into the city. "Everyone else is at the ceremony, anyway." They can talk, then, and for a moment pretend as though they were just anyone else in the Temple. Maybe with Archive duties or with a creche roster to care for. They could just be friends together for a moment.

"I feel as though I could beg the droids for caf, right now," Mitz jokes. "Do you think the Trial restriction is off by now?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:42 pm

"Absolutely. If I can find some new dishes on the menu, surely you can have a little pick-me-up. Though it might not help with the sleeping," he teases gently. Snooze has always got the impression that newly-entitled Jedi Knights tend to go a little nuts their first mission off-planet, and he thinks it'd be better to shake out the freedom a bit at a time rather than all at once. Dhjet's always had a restriction on Mitz's caf intake, whether Mitz knew it or not. The results of a Mitz who can have as much as he wants could be funny, sort of akin to Snooze being able to eat himself into a food coma.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Mitz waves his hand dismissively. "I'll be fine, Snooze," he says. He doesn't sleep even without caf, so it doesn't really matter if he indulges right now. Snooze doesn't need to know that, though. "I'm so beat up right now that nothing could keep me from sleep once I have something in my stomach. What are you having? You always have the best ideas for dinner. I'm going to have whatever you have."

Aside, Mitz totally doesn't know about Dhjet's restriction. If he ever finds out he will quietly agree that it was probably wise of Dhjet to both enforce it and keep it from Mitz.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Snooze leads Mitz to the serving line. The attendants have to direct them to the Knights' options, which is thrilling. The buffet is not so much expanded as it's crafted for more mature tastes. (Probably those padawans who are like eternal padawans get to graduate to these options at some point, too, so they're not eating off the kids' menu forever.) Snooze has a section of his reader dedicated to cooking and cuisine--for relaxing--so he's pleased as punch to explain to Mitz things about each dish and piling both their plates high. He can even account for Mitz's Echani tastes.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm

Mitz just likes listening to Snooze talk about what excites him. It could be food. It could be lightsaber modification--which, to be honest, they can both get pretty articulate about. It could be anything, anything at all, so long as Snooze is happy while he speaks. It's wonderful to listen to. It's wonderful to be around. The non-droid servers at the line even relax a little around Snooze while he speaks, unaware of his influence on them.
Mitz is smiling widely by the time they get to their window-side table, large plates and cups of caf in tow. "I'm glad we get to enjoy this before we get assigned to missions," he says honestly. "Likely we'll be together, after what the Council was saying before, but if we aren't then..." Well. They have this.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:54 pm

"Then we will have to keep in touch better than we have been up to this point," Snooze says easily. "I believe Jedi work better in pairs and teams, in any case. We are much more convincing to local warlords and despots with a pair of stern faces than just one. Especially young faces." The 'warlords and despots' thing is almost definitely a long-running joke between Snooze and the Doctor; they seem to run into so many of them.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Mitz huffs a quiet laugh. "Perhaps I will have to grow a beard to appear older," he says, knowing that he still looks like he's 12 in the wrong light. "Do you think it would look good?" Not that it matters, of course, if Snooze thinks he could pull it off. Only it does. It matters.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 pm

Snooze considers his face, tilting his own head as he thinks. He twists his fork in the air, gesturing at Mitz. "I think it would be interesting to see. Perhaps if we take a journey on board a ship together, you can grow one where no one else can see it, so we can test out the theory first."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Mitz almost feels self-conscious while Snooze is looking at him like that, but he did ask for it. Instead, he distracts himself by studying Snooze's face while he has the chance.
He's gotten used to the tattoos because, truth be told, he's more likely to know someone by how they feel to him than how they look. Mitz has to remind himself to really take in features after a first meeting with someone. And he knows how Snooze feels so well by now that the tattoos seem like they've been there forever. Snooze hasn't much changed underneath them. Still handsome with them, Mitz notes and tries to be detached about it. He convinces himself that he is. Snooze's eyes are still expressive and intelligent. Mitz realises that the simulation had done a very good job recreating his best friends but didn't work on him because it only looked like Snooze and Mouse. It didn't feel like them.
"We could do that," he says, nodding and prodding at his food while he's talking. "I could look /really/ old, heh. I think you should stay clean shaven, for what it's worth? You'd lose the markings on your jaw. Those are the nicest."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:10 pm

And Snooze and Mouse are so expressive with the Force, no doubt, and Mitz so sensitive to it, the only way they really ever could have tricked Mitz was by tapping into his own brain to supply the sensations.

He trails the back of his hand under his jaw. "I admit, I never had much success with facial hair. There were weeks on Dathomir where I would have no access to shaving tools. And if we are being honest, I am not immune to flattery," he teases.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Mitz would be very quick to supply things for himself, I'd say. Quick to trick himself for a convenient truth.

"Surely not," Mitz teases back, but quieter. More tentative. "Besides, it's not /technically/ flattery if it's a simple truth."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 am

Maybe Mitz will invent the technology, eventually, that allows for better simulations. The Jedi will have to negotiate to get it, though.

Snooze can't help but grin at him. "Honesty being one of your many, many talents."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu May 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Mitz could do it by accident and feel pretty happy with it until he sees how the Jedi use it on poor unsuspecting padawans, maybe.

"Snooze," Mitz rolls his eyes a little at himself, not his friend. "You know as well as anyone else on this planet that I can't lie to save my life."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri May 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Gods all help the Masters who use Mitz's technology against unsuspecting kids.

"I was being perfectly serious," Snooze protests, even as he smiles. He's curious, though, as he touches his jaw again: "Why are these marks the nicest?" He's not actually fishing for compliments. He's had a hard time recognising any of the marks as being nice, let alone the nicest.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7