[Star Wars] Homecoming

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Star Wars] Homecoming

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:29 am

"I am only trying to exercise my empathy studies," Snooze says, smiling at the darkness. "The Doctor says I must always be trying to understand the motivations of those around me. It is rather exhausting." He wants to reach back through the dark, with Mitz so close behind him, and take his hand for comfort, like they used to when this tunnel was a lot bigger and darker, or maybe when they were smaller and more easily scared. But he doesn't, and all too soon, they come to the other end, the ladder and trapdoor leading upwards. "You manage your flaws admirably." Snooze climbs up and pops the hatch, and they emerge into the muggy Coruscanti air.

apparently they're useful though
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 am

Mitz promptly sits down on the roof, looking out at the movements of the city, of the planet. Like the movement of blood through veins. He adores it, though he's known little else to compare it to. He looks at Snooze sideways. "Your compassion is overwhelming," he teases. "My flaws and I thank you warmly." He pats the space beside him.
"This is much better," he admits quietly. "I felt like I was going to suffocate on that ship, some nights. Like there was no air."

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh no theyre not
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:58 am

Snooze settles down next to him, fussing with his robes, still not used to wearing them again. He focuses on the smells and sounds, on remembering and matching them to memories and, through that, feeling calmed. Coruscant is always changing, and yet, unchanged. It's comforting. "Or that you had breathed that same air a thousand times over, and you couldn't take any more oxygen from it," Snooze agrees. "Like you'd used all the good air, and now all that was left was--waste. And that is what you were breathing."

knowing the future is useful
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 am

Mitz leans into Snooze's side, warm and comfortable. Snooze always seemed to be warmer than Mitz was and he's happy to find that hasn't changed while they've been apart. "It was upsetting," Mitz agrees. "Dhjet had to get me into forced meditation more than once. ...the stress of the, uh, diplomatic talks probably didn't help."

no, it's misleading
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:39 am

Snooze can actually feel himself relax, feel his body let go of some unknown tension. He did it earlier, feeling the brush of Mitz's own Force signature against his when Mitz had sat down; now, with actual physical contact, the effect is much more intense. He isn't sure what to make of it. "I can imagine," he says. "Did you work anything out? In the--talks." He knows it's code, even if he's not always informed on what the code decodes into.

it's more like guidelines
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:43 am

"I think I made everything worse," Mitz says quietly. He hasn't even voiced that worry to Dhjet. He knows that Dhjet would just try to convince him otherwise, even though he's in possession of all the fact. Which means he's /lying/. Snooze, though, if he reassures Mitz at all is doing so blind. Which means he's doing it out of friendship. "I truly do not think that I could have done anything /not/ to make things worse, though. It was just always going to be a disaster because I was there."

it's more like reading the last page of a book and deciding you know how the plot went
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Snooze thinks about that for a moment. "Perhaps things would have been worse if you were not there." That's not, maybe, the most reassuring thing he could have said, but Mitz's missions have been so secret for such a long time that he barely knows anything about it. Really, he only ever knows what Mitz tells him, and what the Council say, which is 99% never the truth. They haven't even told the truth about Snooze's mission, but at least Snooze doesn't have a prophecy-bound gag order on him.

you know how the plot ended up, and so it's the destination that counts, not the journey
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:08 pm

Mitz thinks to him and Dhjet tracking down the Master, trying to find their fabled Sith. Finding his apprentice instead, finding Mitz's own brother. Maybe if they hadn't gone on the hunt the Master wouldn't have sent Jerel out to fight them so soon. Maybe he wouldn't have been so angry at Mitz if he hadn't shown up out of the blue, in the middle of his training. Maybe he wouldn't have been so full of hate at the sight of him.
But it might have been worse if they hadn't found Jerel. Now they know that there is another Sith in training, that the prophecy is close to being fulfilled. For whatever that's worth. Now he can't get stronger in secret.
"I think it would have been better if you were there to tell me that at the time," Mitz smiles a little.

That's so, so wrong, Mitz doesn't even know where to start

also, watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:27 am

"That," Snooze says, and he takes a deep breath. "When we have discharged our duties as Padawans, Mitz, then nothing will keep me from your side. I know that is not a promise I can easily make, because the universe--and the Council--will always force us otherwise, so I will not make it a promise. Only a hope." He nudges Mitz's knee with his own, in lieu of taking his hand. He wants to take his hand. He wants physical contact.

then don't, just accept, shhhh

will watch after this episode
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:58 am

Mitz's smile widens, then flicks Snooze's sacred padawan braid so that it smacks him lightly in the face. He laughs quietly when Snooze jumps a little. "It might happen," he says, knowing full well that his Trials might very well end up being a fight between himself and his brother, and that he might not survive it. "It's a thought that will definitely calm me when I need calming."

no no no no no no
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:15 pm

"We should meditate together, at some point." Snooze smooths his fingers over his braid. After they took off from Dathomir, he slept for something like nineteen hours. When he woke, someone had redone his braid. He assumes the Doctor did it while he was sleeping, which makes him feel strange. "I have missed--that. Your presence. In the Force."

aw kiddo
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:37 pm

"After the both of us speak with the Council, I expect we'll need it?" Mitz offers. He doesn't know what to do with the admission of missing him. He's missed Snooze in the same way, and more, but he's overly emotional. Another one of his flaws. He can't imagine Snooze missing him like that. It makes him feel...good, he thinks. "I'd like that. To happen. Very much."

stop that he is a jedi soon
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:45 pm

"Then it will. Where was that garden that we liked to use?" Snooze looks up at the smoggy sky and tries to remember. He isn't even sure where the sparring rooms are, but he's sure once he head sin the right direction, he'll start to figure it out, just the same as finding the maintenance panel to the roof.

aw baby
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Mitz looks at Snooze while he's facing away, taking in all the new details that he can. "Do you mean the third garden on the west? We spent quite a lot of time there, I think," he knows. He would dream of it when he was really stressed in the cold dark of space, craving something green near him. "But let's stay here a little longer. I...believe Dhjet will start looking for me soon. I'd like to shirk my duties for a little while, if I can."

stop that no
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 pm

"I am all for shirking duties," Snooze says, quietly. He smiles and looks at Mitz, and catches the tail end of Mitz's examination of him. He feels self conscious, again, but this is Mitz, so he doesn't have to suffer in the feeling. He's going to have to do some serious work on the self-consciousness. "Sometimes, more than meditation, you just need to sit and not do anything. Some people will say that is what meditation is," he adds, remembering Mouse, back when they started to learn, "but meditation requires focus. Sitting on a roof does not."

hahahahaa
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:24 pm

"I prefer this. Can't talk during meditation, either," he reminds Snooze. "And it feels like an age since we've just...talked. I've truly missed being able to just talk. I've missed you." He finally admits it, feeling the weight of fear lift from him. That's better, he thinks, giving himself a mental pat on the back.

scowlpout
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Snooze's smile widens, and, very carefully, he rests his hand on top of Mitz's. "I have missed you, too. It /has/ been an age since we have talked, for real. Those times I was able to use a communicator, they were hardly conversations." Looking over his shoulder, breathless, tucked away in some mud hut the Doctor threw up for the purpose of a quick debrief. "This is better. This is real."

aw /honey/
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Mitz relaxes into his lean more as soon as Snooze touches him. "You're right, Snooze. This is real," he says softly. They're getting quieter. Mitz can't see anything right now that they're doing that's wrong, not really, but he still feels like it's private. That if anyone found them they might be in trouble. Maybe that's just because they're avoiding their Masters, but it's a very real paranoia. Almost as real as Snooze sitting beside him speaking warmly of them spending time together.

mitz hates this
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:47 am

"What would you like to talk about? Anything. We could talk about anything." Snooze curls his fingers over Mitz's hand, reassured that this is all right. "Except, perhaps, all the things we have trouble talking about, or are restricted from talking about." He shakes his head.

noted
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:49 am

Mitz sighs. "But I /want/ to talk about the things I'm not supposed to talk about, Snooze," he complains. He turns his hand in Snooze's to press their palms together. "If I could tell anyone, it would be you. It would be Mouse. It seems so plainly ridiculous to keep it from /anyone/, let alone the both of you and your Masters."

:[
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 pm

The warmth of Mitz's bare hand on his makes Snooze take a soft breath in. "Is there some way...? I know, about the rules. That you like the rules. But the Doctor does say that--" Snooze clears his throat. He hates that he's spouting the Doctor's words, and usually he tries to follow the rules just to piss the Doctor off. But he can often see the Doctor's point, even if he argues it to exhaustion. "Sometimes the rules come from traditions that can hardly apply in our times."

8D
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:00 am

Mitz thinks about this seriously for a long minute. He presses his hand to Snooze's, just a little harder than before, and closes his eyes. He knows, he can feel it, that Snooze means no harm. That he's curious. That he's worried. "The Doctor can be wise," Mitz allows eventually. He speaks slowly, carefully. He doesn't want to insult Snooze's suggestion. He wants to follow Snooze's suggestion but he just...can't. "But I don't think I can."

He opens his eyes, looking at Snooze. But that proves Too Much, and he looks back out to the city. "Remind me of this conversation after I've spoken to the Council?" he smiles a little. "Because I have a strong feeling that Dhjet will look the other way after our meeting."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:53 pm

"I will," Snooze promises. If it will lighten the burden on Mitz's shoulders, he will do anything. Anything. Break almost any rule. That scares him, a little, but also makes him appreciate his own sense of loyalty and faith in his friend. He knows Mitz would never ask him to do anything illicit. He has faith. He looks out to the city too, after appreciating Mitz's profile for a minute, the stern nobility of him, how admirable and inspirational he is. He keeps that to himself, but he's still smiling, a little. "Until then, we will talk about other things. I can tell you of Dathomir."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:18 pm

(oh my god Snooze Mitz is a total nerd, don't think he's noble, Mitz is doing to diiiiiiiiiiiie of embarrassment)

"Please do," Mitz says instantly. He blinks and reins himself in a bit. "I, I, I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable. I can tell--uh, just in the last hour or so, nothing else--but I can tell that it was not easy. But...culture. The planet? I would love to know. I would love to listen to you telling me," he admits. He's missed Snooze's voice, of all things to miss.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:03 pm

(he's a big ol' noble lord and one of these days we're going to have to make a 'verse where he's the big ol' lord, not secondary to anyone)

Snooze starts to curl his hand, to twist his fingers with Mitz's, but at the last moment, he stops himself and only presses their palms more firmly together. "Then I will." The lights are starting to go on, in the big towers; the sun is starting to set through the smoggy haze. Soon the city will be lit up like blazing stars. "The inhabited part of Dathomir is jungle," he begins. He goes on from there, at first only describing the places he's seen, but then, slowly, branching out into what he did and who he met. It helps to start impersonally. This is a lot more detail than he'll speak to the Council, but it will all be in his report, for the information gathering and analysis.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:11 pm

(Mitz whines)

It's wonderful to be able to watch dusk settle on Coruscant while Snooze speaks. Sometimes Mitz asks questions, but only to prod the descriptions a little more. All he wants is the sound of Snooze's voice and his presence near him. If he were confined to his quarters and only had the communicator, speaking to Snooze and knowing he was nearby would do the same to calm him.

After a while, though, he has to interrupt Snooze. It's late, and he just knows that Dhjet is trying to find him right now. "I'm sorry," he says softly, gently. "But we should go, now." They both have to face their duties.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Snooze takes a deep breath, having gone quiet in the middle of trying to talk about the slavery, about being trained in the ways of the Force Dathomirian men were needed to learn to serve the women. He tries to talk about it impersonally, but he just gets stuck, and so, the quiet fell over them. "Yes. We should. Even the Doctor must be wondering where I am by now," he says, trying to joke.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Mitz smiles because Snooze wants him to, but he really thinks it's a waste that Snooze doesn't believe that the Doctor cares for him. "Do you have to give your report straight away once he finds you, do you think? We might give them back to back." And then they can get something to eat. Maybe look for Mouse, who should be back by now.

Mitz truly just wants to get it all over and done with so that Snooze can rest. He looks like he needs it.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Snooze has yet to even shower. He's looking forward to winding down. "I would imagine," he says. "He went to meditate and gather himself before the Council summoned us, but it was to be soon." He rolls to his feet and offers his hand to Mitz. "Come. We can go together. We should check the manifests, as we go, to see if Mouse is back."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 pm

Mitz takes his hand and enjoys the closeness when he's standing, moments before they have to get moving down to the Temple again. "I hope she's okay," he says, though not really worried. He would just know. They both would.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 am

"I am sure she is. She can handle almost anything," Snooze points out. They haven't yet come across the thing that stops Mouse in her tracks, but Snooze has faith that it has not happened yet. He lets go of Mitz's hand and feels colder, but that is probably psychological. He pops the hatch open again and gestures. "After you."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Mitz flashes Snooze a smile and goes ahead. He's about to turn around and say something to Snooze, probably about Mouse, probably remembering that time she beat them both at the same time the last time they had a group sparring session. He's /about/ to, then he walks straight into Dhjet's chest. The Doctor is looking amused, because he always does, a little ways behind him.

He freezes, then attempts some amount of charm. "Oh. So you know about this spot, master?"

(I figure we could take the opposing masters? If you like. Or we could skip them entirely and stick with Snooze and Mitz after the Council meeting. OR we could talk about what they get up to with their masters at the meetings THEN back to Snooze and Mitz. Options Very Happy?)
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:33 pm

(Might be fun to see how they interact, right? If we get stuck we can skip. Very Happy)

"The long answer to your question is that occasionally my Padawan seems to vanish from the temple. He hasn't left it, because there aren't any logs of him entering or exiting. But, occasionally, I can't find him anywhere." Dhjet is amused, too. "Thankfully, we Masters are used to our Padawans occasionally vanishing, such as on missions, when they think they know better than we do. So," he continues, as if he's giving a lesson, "we have certain Force techniques we can use to feel our Padawans. So the long answer to your question is, yes, I know about this spot." He glances over his shoulder at the Doctor. "Where do you think we went when we wanted to get away from our Masters and all the younglings cluttering up the hallways?"

Snooze likes how Dhjet is gentle as he's delivering the lecture, like Mitz did nothing wrong. There's disappointment, yes, but there's no--contempt, for example. The Doctor's lectures very rarely end up like this. Or maybe Snooze is just suffering from grass is always greener syndrome.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 pm

"Honestly, there are much more hidden spots," the Doctor casually mentions. "There are better hiding places around the Temple. This one? Relatively obvious." It's almost like Snooze failed a test he was never told about, just by not breaking the rules in the right way. But the Doctor doesn't say that.

"Right, well," Mitz glances at Snooze behind him, then stands to the side so he can get out of the passageway as well. He doesn't understand the Doctor, as well as knowing enough about him to be intimidated by him, so he just keeps talking to Dhjet. "Am I right in guessing that if I ask if you know about the other places we might want to go, should those scenarios arise, you won't tell us anyway?"

Dhjet likes it when he talks to him like they're in a lecture hall and he's trying to get to the head of the class, even when he's in trouble.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:51 pm

It might be obvious, but it has an incredible view of the sky and the city lights, which are not views the temple often prizes. After being stranded on a backwater jungle world for a year, it's really not so surprising Snooze would gravitate to a place where he could see civilisation. But Snooze doesn't say any of that, because he is practising his temperance and charitable spirit. He used to rise to every bit of bait the Doctor threw his way. Now he knows better.

Dhjet does like Mitz's thirst for understanding. "Of course not," Dhjet assures him. "That would be too easy. If you desire something, you must put in the effort to earn it yourself." Desire is /not/ something the temple should teach, but Dhjet believes it's unavoidable, especially in the young, and so it's best to be talked about frankly so it might be managed, rather than hidden and stressed about.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:08 pm

The Doctor glances to the back of Dhjet's head at the mention of 'desire'---which is not what he would have gone with, though they both clearly know there is a deep attachment developing between their padawans, and that of the Wildcat's. He believes that it could turn into something of an asset between them all, rules of the Order be damned, if they direct their students in the right way. Mentioning desire /might/ not be the best way to go about that.
He takes a breath and gestures with one hand for Snooze to come out. "Come," he says. "It's one thing to wander off. It's another to wander off when you know that we have matters to attend to, since we're talking about things to be earned."

Mitz doesn't know what the Doctor might mean by that, what Dhjet means by having to earn anything. His mouth twists into a worried line. "It'll be fine," he assures Snooze, ignoring their masters for a second. Might as well. He's already in trouble.

sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:29 pm

"Yes, of course," Snooze assures Mitz, even though he thinks it'll be nothing of the sort. What it will be, will be hours of verbal torture as the Council make him go over every moment of being undercover on Dathomir, while the Doctor slunk around in the swamps and made contact with outcasts, like he always does. He has a thing for outcasts. Snooze passes his hand over Mitz's elbows as he squeezes out of the tunnel and presents himself in front of the Doctor.

Dhjet sees the reassuring touch, and he can see the nerves coming off Snooze; he doesn't need the Force for that. He puts his hand on Mitz's shoulder and gives the Doctor an arch look. "Have you both eaten? Showered, changed your clothes? Facing the Council with fresh clothes on does a world of good if you're to be standing there for some time."

"We ate," Snooze says, but he can't lie, so he doesn't say anything else.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 pm

"I didn't," Mitz admits, also unable to lie. He half-smiles at Snooze, and relaxes a little when Dhjet rests his hand on his shoulder. Dhjet's always a steadying presence. "But Snooze ate in the mess hall."

The Doctor takes a breath, thinking quickly before coming to a decision. He pointedly ignores Dhjet's look. Everything's much easier to deal with if he just pretends like he sees nothing, sometimes. "We will already be late. There is no reason not to be a little more late." Which is his way of agreeing with going to wash and change.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Snooze can't believe he didn't notice Mitz not eating. He was just so--distracted, he supposes, by Mitz /being there/. He's not even sure if he finished his own food. He's not even sure what he ate. "I did not know the Council had set a determined time for us," he says, and it might sound like an excuse, but he didn't intend it to be one. More like a question--when had that happened, when did the Doctor find out, sort of thing.

Seeing everything is much more useful, Dhjet finds, even if it does make decisions more complex. "You've washed," he says to Mitz; he heard the 'fresher going while he unpacked his own things in his room. "Come. Let's get you something to eat. Do you want to eat in the room?" Sometimes Mitz gets sensitive to a packed out dining hall, and it will be busy this time of the evening.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:34 pm

The Doctor doesn't take it as an excuse. He can tell how curious Snooze is about the news. How closely he likes to follow the rules, and how it was probably a bad idea to tell Snooze that they will be late. "They want to get all the details possible, as soon as possible," he tells Snooze, avoiding the truth which is that as soon as Snooze disappeared the Doctor got a holo with a reasonable time to come to them. "But they will be there when you are presentable, so we'll do that first. Master Dhjet was right to suggest it."

Mitz just doesn't like eating in the hall when he doesn't have a Snooze or Mouse shaped buffer around. Everyone stares or asks him questions or laughs at him and he isn't rude enough to tell people to leave him alone or remind them that he's there to eat, so he ends up going hungry more often than not. "If you don't mind eating in the room, master?" Dhjet has companions to say hello to as well, after all. He doesn't want to take that away from him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 pm

Snooze works on relaxing himself without physically stretching out his muscles. It's all to do with breath control. Presentable, like it mattered more about what he looked like to other people; that wasn't what Master Dhjet had been suggesting at all. It was more presentable, about how Snooze felt in himself. Still, both would help. "We should go, then. I will be quick."

"I don't mind at all. I could probably eat upside down," Dhjet jokes. He squeezes Mitz's shoulder, then gestures. "Shall we?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:19 am

The Doctor doesn't really understand the point of presentable, of going through that ritual of changing before seeing the council. But he does know that Snooze liked the idea of it and he does know that his padawan is worn down. It's the least he can do. "Of course," he says, gesturing down the hall while taking point at the same time.

Mitz glances at Snooze's back, feeling his attempt to relax. He wishes they had more time on the roof. "I promise not to put you in the position to eat upside down, master," Mitz says finally, nodding and turning to walk in the opposite direction to Snooze.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 am

Snooze calls back, after Mitz: "I will see you later, Mitz?" The Doctor is of--some--comfort, a steadying mature presence that sometimes encourages breaking rules in order to do the right thing. The right thing. Snooze needs to concentrate on that. ...it's hard, though, when being with Mitz is more comforting. He sort of wants to cling.

"I appreciate that," Dhjet mentions, murmuring, but he knows Mitz's attention is a little divided right now. It's not something that can be /fought/. It must be understood, and dealt with.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:57 am

Mitz turns from Dhjet to look back at Snooze, smiling. "After the meetings?" he reminds Snooze. He falls back into step under Dhjet's hand and explains. "We are going to meditate," he says and it still feels like he's in trouble.

"Concentrate on the matter at hand," the Doctor says to Snooze. The council won't appreciate it if Snooze is too distracted. A little shaken, yes, given the nature of his mission and the physical toll and visible effects on him. But not too distracted. They both need to prove that Snooze is a dedicated member of the Order, and that he has more than earned his right to his Trials. "We will get you into the 'fresher and into some comfortable robes and then straight to the council. And /then/ you may wander off for some time." The Doctor may do the same. There's something about the way that Dhjet was looking at him earlier that unsettled him. Some familiar feeling; he knows what the feeling is, but he feels like he's choosing to forget what it is.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Snooze nods back to Mitz, smiling as much as he can. "After," he makes sure to say, before giving the Doctor an irritated look--then taking a deep breath, and accepting the irritation, dealing with its cause--he doesn't always understand the Doctor, the Doctor does not always understand him, it's not required, they can be at odds and still be a functioning partnership--and gesturing for the Doctor to lead on. "Thank you, Master Dhjet," he remembers to add, the soul of politeness, and then he follows in the Doctor's footsteps, precisely at his shoulder where he should be.

Dhjet waits patiently for Mitz in the other direction, towards their own residence. "Meditation sounds good," Dhjet approves, settling his hand on Mitz's shoulder again when he's close enough. He knows Mitz appreciates physical contact, sometimes more than verbal. "I will be sure to keep you apprised of our own time before the Council, so you might plan your meditation accordingly."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next