[Star Wars] Homecoming

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Star Wars] Homecoming

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:11 pm

The Doctor breathes in a quiet sigh. He has no idea why his padawan finds him so annoying, or why he's so hung up on rules. Maybe it's his form of rebellion and, if that's the case, the Doctor might be okay with it. "How do you feel about giving the report?" he tries to make conversation on the way to their quarters.

"Please," Mitz says, though it sounds like 'thank you'. He chews on his lip for a moment, waiting until the door of their rooms is shut behind them, then speaks plainly. "Are we going to tell them what happened?"
sinistra_blache
RESIDENT VILLAIN SYMPATHISER

Character sheet
Name: Mitz Stillhaven
Class: Engineer

http://filibuster-vigilantly.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Snooze just wants to fit in, to belong. He still has that need, even having grown up in the creche. It's severely intensified after a year away on his homeworld; right now, he feels like he doesn't really belong in either world. The Doctor rarely helps with that feeling, since he likes to stick out. "I feel nervous," Snooze says, honestly. "Though I am not sure why."

"It'll be a closed session with only the senior Council," Dhjet explains. "They'll want to know. It's up to you, of course. It's your prophecy. But they might be able to help with..." finding some way to defeat your brother without killing him, he doesn't say, since he isn't sure that's possible. He goes to the console to order up some food to the room.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet
Name: Snooze Lungbarrow
Class: Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:12 am

The Doctor tries to think of something reassuring to tell Snooze, but it's no secret to anyone that the Doctor hates reporting to the Council. "Pay attention to your feelings," he suggests, since it's always a good thing to remember. "If you are nervous, there may be a reason behind it." He doesn't think that will help with nerves, though, but sometimes that can be alright. "Remember to follow their instructions correctly, and only answer what is asked of you." He wouldn't lie to the Council, and he won't, but knowing a little more than others is never a bad thing.

The weight of Dhjet's silence sits on Mitz's shoulders. He sighs. "We will need their wisdom," he says quietly. They spoke about this on their mission, but Mitz had decided not to think about it until they were back. Now they were back and everything was moving so quickly. He sits down heavily on one of the seats in the middle of the room. He's trying very hard not to be terrified.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:22 am

Snooze takes a breath and nods. It's not always easy to pay attention to his feelings, since a lot of the time he ignores them for the sake of being able to function. "I do not need to volunteer information on subjects they do not ask about," he says. It's more like a question. There are no doubt things that happened during his year undercover that have nothing to do with researching the Force that he is unwilling to talk about.
They arrive at their rooms, and Snooze takes a moment to breathe in the dusty, but familiar old smell.

"Or at the very least, their imaginations," Dhjet says, which is supposed to be a joke. He finishes ordering; Mitz's fear is nearly freezing his own spine. He breathes out, and settles on the seat across from Mitz, and he leans forward and takes Mitz's hands. "Breathe with me, Mitz."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:35 pm

The Doctor nods. "That's it," he encourages. When they get to the rooms, he raises a hand to put on Snooze's shoulder or back. Some kind of connection. They lost it, however, long before Snooze's Dathomir mission. The Doctor can't even remember what happened between them. He just lost touch with his padawan. He lets his hand fall. "Go get freshened up, Snooze. I'll wait here."

Mitz looks at Dhjet warily. Whenever he 'needs to breathe' it's because he's messed up somehow, or it feels like that. But it always helps, and he trusts Dhjet. He nods, closing his eyes, and concentrates on the sound of his breath, on the sound of Dhjet's breath.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Snooze feels a prickle at his back, like someone watching him, but when he turns to look at the Doctor, there's nothing unusual about his look. He nods. "I will not take long," he promises, and he heads for the 'fresher, already peeling off his travelling clothes.

Mitz's breathing matches Dhjet's, and almost immediately, the swirling Force around him calms. Even when Mitz was tiny in the creche, having someone close by used to calm him, Dhjet remembers. It was the intensity of the way the Force reacted to Mitz that brought him to the attention of the prophecy-hungry Council in the first place, and once Dhjet took him into his teaching, he learned as much about Mitz as he could from the creche masters. Anything that would help. This helps.
"The Council is wise. They should be able to help you, as much as they can. This is your journey, but you don't have to make it alone."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:51 pm

The Doctor doesn't reply, instead taking a breath and watching Snooze go. There's something bothering the Doctor, but he can't tell what. It's like he's moments away from finding out bad news and he has no way to soften the blow. He wonders if it's connected to Snooze at all. He resolves to keep an eye out. It can't have been easy on Dathomir, mostly by himself.

"It's not that," Mitz admits. If it means keeping his friends safe, he would gladly do everything alone. "It's...I've been disliked before. But I've never been hated. He hates me. I don't remember him and he hates me. It's so..." Cold, he thinks. Whenever he saw Jerel, spoke to him, thinks of him. He feels cold. "I don't want to have to hurt him just because he doesn't like me."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:03 pm

Sounds like the Doctor has a bad feeling about this~.
Snooze finishes undressing and stands in the sonic stall for a moment, battered by sonic waves, but gives up and switches to water. Immediately he feels better, like the more natural shower was something he /needed/. The thought makes him mildly uncomfortable, but he can reaccustom himself to The Way Things Are Done Here when he has more time to settle himself. Right now, a water shower /will/ settle him.
And it does. He slips into his room and dresses in his own clothes. They're a little dusty and they hang off him, but he's good. They're his clothes. He's clean. He's eaten. He's spent some time with Mitz. Now he can face things.
He emerges, and tries a smile at the Doctor.

"If there's one thing I have faith in, Mitz, it's that you won't hurt someone without good cause." Dhjet rubs Mitz's hands in his, first one, then the other. This is more about comfort and contact than breathing. It's a little bit for Dhjet, too. He wasn't... he didn't... it wasn't easy for him, either. "And hate--hate is a strong word. Hate has its foundation in other emotions. Perhaps it is worth--" Dhjet sighs, and shakes his head. "If there was some way to make contact without endangering yourself--"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 pm

HE DOES, HE HAS A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS
The Doctor turns from where he was just staring into the middle distance to face Snooze and smiles back. "There. You look like yourself," he attempts lightness. "And once we're done with the Council, you can rest in your own bed and feel even more like yourself. Brave heart, Snooze."

As soon as Dhjet says that, Mitz starts thinking about how he could do that. "What could I say? What could I do?" He looks for advice from his master. If he does manage it, he doesn't want to be left in the dark and seem like an idiot.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:37 pm

Snooze's smile relaxes into something more natural. "Brave heart," he echoes. "Bravery: doing something, even though you might be scared--nervous," he corrects himself, because fear is too dark. "I remember that." He smooths his hands down the front of his robes. "I am ready."

"Reach out." Dhjet tries to think of how he usually unites warring factions. "You think he is angry with you because you do not remember him. Ask him to remind you, perhaps. If we could find a way, that might be a start."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 pm

The Doctor finally rests his hand on Snooze's shoulder. He needs Snooze's attention. "Being scared is not forbidden, Snooze. It's when you let fear rule your actions, that's where the danger lies. Everyone gets scared," he says, then smiles a little more. "Even me. All the time, actually. But I don't give power to it." He waits for a moment for that to sink in, then nods. "Let's go."

Mitz listens to his own breathing along with Dhjet's words, nodding slowly. "Reach out," he echoes and tries, quite literally, to reach out to Jerel through the Force. He might be able to. They're blood.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:12 am

Snooze stands up a little straighter when the Doctor touches his shoulder, like standing to attention. He's been trained to respond to physical commands like that, but also, it stirs some dim memories of his early padawan years, standing proud under the Doctor's hand. Maybe they didn't always get along, but Snooze was pleased to have been chosen, especially by someone who has trained so many good Knights.
"Don't give power to it," Snooze echoes, taking it in. Then he squares his shoulders and starts forward, off to face the Council.

Far away, Jerel stirs in his meditation, but settles back into it after a moment, dismissing the feeling as only natural vibrations in the Force--never mind that he's never felt it before.
"We'll work something out. I hope it doesn't have to come to blood, too," Dhjet tells Mitz.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 pm

The Doctor is, for a moment, proud of how well Snooze takes to that instruction. Sometimes they argue on points--which isn't a bad thing, not by half, but that was something the Doctor didn't want to fight about. He walks with Snooze towards the Council chambers, only a little incredibly late. But he'll take responsibility for that and no-one will be surprised and his padawan won't feel the consequences.

Mitz frowns, feeling something but losing it almost instantly. He opens his eyes again to look at Dhjet. He doesn't feel scared anymore, at least, though his feelings of failure aren't going anywhere any time soon. "Is it foolish to think that we'll be able to resolve this without blood spilled?"
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:51 pm

Snooze gets through the Council meeting. It might be the first time the Doctor hears some of the stuff. It's definitely the first time Snooze has talked about some of it, the things he had to do to get initiated into certain groups that taught him certain things. Once or twice he starts to wander off-topic, but he draws strength from the Doctor's presence at his back, and brings himself back to the point. Only what they need to know. Don't be overwhelmed by it. Don't give power to the fear, to the nerves.
He gets through it. If, sometimes, he makes eye contact like it's a duelling challenge about to happen, well, that's just how he copes with revealing his insides.

"Some people call hope a fool's errand," Dhjet says. "I don't, if that helps."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:05 am

(This is the Old Republic, right? So we don't have to go into Yoda or anything.)
Once Snooze gives his report, tinged though it is with dark looks and gritted teeth, the Council shares a look or two between them. Then, slowly, Master Afchoc Tift leans forward to regard Snooze. "This was your first mostly solo mission, padawan," he says, not a question. A statement. A reminder. "It was, for all intents and purposes, a success. Your discomfort will not be ignored and if you wish the marks of the Dathomirians off your body, then we will make it so." He says 'Dathomirians', not 'aliens'. Not 'your people'. And he makes it a choice for Snooze to make.
The Doctor puts his hand on Snooze's shoulder again. The Council likes to test padawans in front of their Masters, however gently. He can smell a test a mile off.

Mitz gives Dhjet a watery smile. "It helps, master," he says. "And thank you for leading the breath. I, I think I needed that."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:12 am

Snooze takes a deep breath. He wanted it so much a few hours ago, on the ship in. If they had come straight to the Council, Snooze would have accepted the offer without a thought. Now, though, Mitz's words settle inside him, and the Doctor's hand is warm on his shoulder. "Thank you, Masters. I appreciate your concern. But no. My discomfort is only temporary. This is my body. This is the body I have. I will only change it when necessary."

"Any time," Dhjet promises him. He squeezes Mitz's hands again, then lets go, and sits back. "I know a lot of younglings call meditation just a breathing exercise, but I think there is a world of difference between taking a moment to breathe, and taking a moment to meditate." The computer system whistles to let them know food is approaching, and Dhjet stands to clear a space on the table. He's already spread out a couple of books he's picked up from the library on things they discovered during Mitz's mission, including the Sith.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:24 am

"As you wish," Tift says with a slight nod. A pass, for whatever the test was. "And you, Doctor."
The Doctor doesn't step forward, choosing instead to stay where he is behind Snooze, but looks up. "Yes?"
"Your padawan has proven himself time and time again throughout the course of his mission."
The Doctor tries not to look too proud. "I have noticed, yes."
"We have decided that he is ready for his trials," Tift says and all three of his eyes glitter and flick to Snooze for a moment. "Take your time to settle your bones, padawan. The trials will commence when you, and you alone, decide you are ready."
Another test, the Doctor decides. He'll let Snooze know about that later.

Mitz grabs a few books before they're cleared away. He's not really looking at what he grabs, he just likes having the odd book around. He likes that Dhjet and he share that trait, though he doesn't know if it's something he would have developed without Dhjet's tendencies rubbing off on him. "There is a difference," Mitz agrees, in time for the door to open, for the droid to deliver the food and leave. "But I think it's much easier when you're there. I can never calm myself alone."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 am

Snooze visibly straightens under the Doctor's hand on his shoulder, his eyes wide. "Yes, Master. Masters." He bows slightly, his sweep taking in the Council. "I hope the information I have provided proves useful, and I thank you for the opportunities, both past and future." He feels suddenly like his brain his leaking out of his ears. Ready for his trials? Already? He did suspect that this mission might prove--but /already/.

"That will come with time," Dhjet promises him. "But for now, you enjoy the company and comfort of trusted others. There's nothing wrong with that. Taking strength from others, and being able to provide strength in return, is not so common."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:04 am

The Doctor tightens his grip on Snooze's shoulder and bows shallowly, just from his neck. "This is happy news," he says because he's supposed to say it. Not so long ago, he would have encouraged the idea of pushing Snooze through to Knighthood. Maybe he's just feeling briefly sentimental. Maybe it's the feeling he can't shake off. Maybe he'll feel better after a rest.
"Indeed," Master Afchoc Tift smiles tightly, and nods. Dismisses them both. The Doctor leads Snooze out of the chambers.

"It seems..." Mitz struggles for the right word. He knows how he /feels/ but saying how he feels always seems to come out a little wrong. He needs to find the right way to approximate how he's feeling. "It seems, uh, parasitic."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Snooze holds himself together until they get out of the Council chambers, then he lets out a huge sigh and goes a little limp, like all his strings were cut at once. "Did you know that was going to happen?"

"It's symbiotic," Dhjet corrects him as he uncovers the food and starts to dish it out. "Parasitic would be if you never gave anything back. But you do, Mitz. You aren't the only one who benefits from our breathing."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:40 pm

"No idea," the Doctor admits, then gives Snooze a small smile. "But it's a good surprise, am I right? You've more than proven yourself, Snooze. And it would be good, I must say, to fight beside you as an equal, finally."
Deep, deep, /deep/ down I don't think the Doctor thinks Snooze would ever be his equal, but he's a smug bastard.

"Mm," Mitz says, not knowing what to say to something like that. He doesn't feel like he gives anything back. He doesn't /do/ anything. He eats a little and feels much better in moments. "I've missed the food in the Temple."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 pm

I imagine the elder Masters all think themselves very superior to the junior ones. But yeah, the Doctor more than most. He would never admit it but he thinks himself better than a lot of people. Maybe that's my inner Master talking.
"A good surprise," Snooze agrees, even though his eyes are still wide. After a moment, he looks at the Doctor properly, almost intensely. His intense looks have gotten a lot /more/ intense since the tattooing. "Do you think I have earned this?"

"I've always thought they must put something in it," Dhjet agrees. "Although--when was the last time you ate something? On the ship, your appetite wasn't exactly stellar."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:32 pm

Or just your knowledge of the Doctor XD
"You have earned the attention," the Doctor allows. "You've certainly earned the right to prove that you can take the trials. Some of the time, Snooze, the Council put forward this choice as part of a much wider test. You have earned your place in time, right now, and all that entails. That is what I know."

Mitz lifts a shoulder, not really committing to an answer. It's been a while. Dhjet's right; he didn't eat much when they were busy. He was stressed and he was scared and he was uncomfortable on the ship. "Food must just taste better when you're home," Mitz continues.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 pm

"We should discuss this further." Snooze takes a breath and straightens. "I should send Mitz a message, to delay our meditation. Actually--actually." He makes eye contact with the Doctor again. "I believe I could benefit from a meditation, right now. I believe I need to think about this calmly."

Dhjet smiles. "Not out of the realm of possibility." He knows Mitz is going to be a good Knight one day, but he's worried about Mitz's ability to take care of himself. He gets so focused on things.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:10 pm

The Doctor smiles a little wider. "You certainly need to calm your thoughts," he agrees. "Meditation sounds like it would be beneficial, Snooze, and I encourage it. And no doubt you'll want to share the good news."

Keeping an eye on the time, even though he doesn't know when they're supposed to be with the Council, Mitz doesn't say anything else while he eats. He likes that Dhjet lets him be silent, sometimes, and get on with life.
As soon as Dhjet's taken his last bite, Mitz stands. "We should go, don't you think? If we're late, it'll all seem much worse than it is."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:31 pm

"I do," Snooze admits, finally managing something like a smile. "Thank you, Master. For everything. I know we have had our disagreements, but without you, I would not be here today. Thank you."

Dhjet gets up and checks the communications panel. The Council is still showing as in session. "They seem to be taking their time with Snooze. We can wander up there, if you like, take our time on the walk." Physical activity is another thing that might settle Mitz's mind.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:48 pm

The Doctor chuckles. "You are not rid of me," he reminds Snooze since it sounds so final. "But you're welcome, Snooze. At has been a privilege to teach you, and it will continue to be." It's been interesting, anyway, he'll say that much.

"I said that I'd try to meet Snooze coming out of the chambers," Mitz remembers. "If possible, I mean. We might catch them as they're leaving? Snooze was worried about his report," he attempts to explain away his eagerness. "And you know I enjoy your company immensely, Master, but I have been talking to you for quite some time now and seeing other faces might be refreshing." Mitz doesn't always know the right line to walk, but he knows that sometimes Dhjet likes a little bit of joking so he tries it out every so often to lighten him up. He gets worry lines in his face when he spends too much time with Mitz, he's noticed.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:55 pm

Snooze takes him at his word, though, and something in his expression gets soft, because he wasn't expecting that, and it plays to something deep inside him--that need to belong, the need to be appreciated and worthy. "It has?"

Dhjet grins. "Well, I could always put on some makeup," he offers. "That might change things up." He grabs his cloak and wraps it around himself, enjoying the warmth and comfort of his own clean things. "Besides, I'm sure you'd much rather see my face than the Council's. They're not an attractive bunch. Still, if you're sure." Belying his words, he's already ready to go. Dhjet never needs very much to be ready to go.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:19 am

"Snooze," the Doctor sighs almost fondly. "Of course it has. Not to say you haven't been frustrating at times, as I'm sure I have as well. But yes, of course."

"The Council isn't that bad," Mitz says, trotting up to Dhjet and bouncing on his heels as though he weren't just moping a second ago. "I'm sure with work they could turn heads if they were so inclined. Obviously you would make everything better if you wore make-up, Master, but I didn't want to be the one who said it."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:37 am

That same something from his expression makes his shoulders loosen a little. "Thank you, Master. I look forward to working together during my Trials. And after."

"Some of the Council will need rather a /lot/ of work," Dhjet mutters, grinning. "Do you think the Wildcat keeps much makeup? I don't want to have to go far to find resources."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:43 am

"For quite some time after, yes," the Doctor agrees. Usually his students bugger off on their own adventures after their Trials, but every single one of them likes to pretend like they'll always spend time with the Doctor before they go. He's learned to tell the right lies.

"I, uh, I think that you'd be safer taking on a Sith horde before thinking about stealing /anything/ from the Wildcat's chambers," Mitz says honestly, looking around him quickly to make sure she isn't there to hear him.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:09 am

He nods, taking that as more of a hope than a promise, as they both know they'll go wherever teh Council sends them. Well, Snooze will. He doesn't know if the Doctor will, but most of the time he seems to. "I will wait here for Mitz," Snooze tells him. "If you don't mind, Master."

Dhjet laughs. "I wasn't going to steal. I was going to ask. Nicely. Sometimes honey goes a lot further than vinegar."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:30 am

"Do as you like, Snooze," the Doctor allows, already walking off. "I will be meditating, myself, in our rooms. You can choose to go somewhere else." He stops, turns, and smiles at Snooze. "Choose a different place than the roof."

"Ah, wise," Mitz says, trying to still joke but ultimately feeling like he just showed that he has the potential for the Dark his brother showed. "...do you think she would let you use her make-up? Master, I think you should try."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:05 am

"You will find us in the gardens somewhere, if you need us." He need not say which garden. The Doctor always manages to find him if he needs to, just like he already did once today.

Everyone has the potential for the dark. Dhjet thinks stealing can occasionally be the right way to go, when nothing else works. "I think she would relish the chance to paint me up," Dhjet says. "She's got a streak for jokes like that."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:12 am

The Doctor waves his hand in reply and goes to their chambers again. It was a long day for him too and he still hasn't shaken the shadow over him. He definitely needs to meditate, he definitely needs to sleep and he definitely needs a stiff drink of something he can't get in the Temple. He might sneak off. Snooze can have his celebratory evening.

"Master, I'm deadly serious," Mitz deadpans. "You must do this. For the good of all of us. And the amusement of your padawan. Not to mention countless younglings."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:45 am

Snooze waits by the window outside the chambers, his hands tucked behind his back as he looks out at the Temple grounds and the city. A Knight. A Jedi Knight. Is the day finally almost here?

"Well, I'll see what I can do," Dhjet says. "No promises, mind you, but I think if we can convince the Wildcat of the humour of it all, she'll be on board with it. Of course, that assumes she and her padawan decide to grace us with their presence. I checked the records, but they were strangely silent. Have you heard anything? I thought their mission wrapped up successfully."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:17 am

"I know nothing of their movements," Mitz says softly. He's been trying not to worry about Mouse. She's probably fine. It's probably fine. "But I'm sure you will have more than enough chances to be done up, Master. Please let me know when that will happen? I would like to make sure that there are enough witnesses."

They turn the corner, already at the Council chambers. Mitz thought that they were going the long way but he was also half-leading them. When he sees Snooze, he realises why they arrived so soon.

His face breaks from the gentle smile of 'having fun over a bunch of stress' to the genuine one of 'Snooze is here'.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:57 pm

"I'll put together a group ping on the communication lists," Dhjet suggests, but he knows Mitz's attention is already well-split, and not in his direction. He sees Snooze standing by the window, looking pensive, deep in thought, and he thinks he can guess what the outcome of the report was. He knows, actually, like it's a certainty, like he's already been told, and he knows what the outcome of this report will be, too. It's no coincidence that these three were sent out on extremely difficult, long, sensitive missions all at once. All at once, like the Council planned for this. They can be such bastards sometimes.

Snooze sees movement at the edge of the corridor, and he turns to pay his respects to whoever approaches. But it's Mitz, and Dhjet, and his shoulders relax. He smiles, and it's like light washes through the heavy windows of the waiting hall and warms him from the inside out, the outside in. "Mitz," he calls, quietly. "I have news."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Mitz goes to Snooze, shooting Dhjet an apologetic look for cutting their conversation short, and stands beside him. Snooze doesn't /feel/ upset, but he has moments of being able to mask his emotions so thoroughly that even the Doctor doesn't pick up on anything going on with him.

"Is everything alright?" he asks, a little worried at what went on in the Council chambers. Snooze was so on edge before going in. And now he has...news. What if he's going away again?
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:21 pm

Snooze starts to reach out, to touch Mitz, but he collects himself and tucks his hands in his robes. He lets a smile spread across his face as he shares his news, the smile bubbling up from somewhere deep inside him. "The Council have decided that I have begun my Trials of Knighthood." He almost doesn't notice Dhjet is even there, he's so focused on Mitz.

Dhjet pops away to check with the Council about how long they have before they're expected.
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Mitz just about notices that Dhjet's gone, but he's pulled back to Snooze's words before he can bid his master farewell. Or good luck. Or something.

His eyes go wide with excitement more than surprise. It's /definitely/ not a surprise. Snooze is amazing and Mitz has always said so. "That's brilliant, Snooze," Mitz says seriously, smiling wider now. "That--that makes sense, doesn't it? That was, uh, it was hard work. You don't go through something like that without earning the trust of the Council, I bet." He's /so happy/ for Snooze, he can't really help the smile that's starting to hurt his face.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:16 pm

"Trust," Snooze echoes. "I didn't think of it like that. But, yes, I suppose so." He can't help but smile back; his tattoos don't even hurt as the smile stretches across his face. "I suppose I have proved myself. Or I have been given the opportunities to prove myself, and I have begun." He takes a deep breath. "My head is racing. I can hardly believe this is happening. I didn't even consider the possibility."
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:19 am

Mitz grips Snooze's arm, smiling widely. He wants to hug Snooze and it's not frowned upon but their hugs do tend to last very long and he isn't sure when the Council want to see him and Dhjet, how long they have.
"You will make a great Jedi," Mitz tells him, speaking his own truth that he's believed for years. "And, one day, a wise Master."
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nocturnalie on Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:42 pm

"I would like to have a Padawan to teach, one day," Snooze admits, out loud, for the first time ever. He's practically glowing; he can almost taste Mitz's faith in him, his surety in Snooze's ability. "I hope I show the potential. Do you think--" He pauses, then gathers his courage and speaks. "Do you think you will be given the chance as well?"
nocturnalie
EVIL MASTERMIND
EVIL MASTERMIND

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sinistra_blache on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Mitz takes a breath. He thinks that after they tell the Council the truth, he'll be cast out of the order until he's cleared the threat of his brother. Or, really, that's the worst case scenario. They lied and he knows that means they'll get punished for it. And they lied about finding two Sith! That's big. He'll be lucky if he'll ever be a Jedi.

"We can only hope," he smiles. There is no point at all to take this moment from Snooze.
sinistra_blache

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down